Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I hate Carly, but I think Laura Wright is a good actress and, I feel like, could do more if they ever allowed Carly to stretch.  The job she did as Lena Spencer this year shows that.

I thought that her scene discovering Spinelli's program results was really good!  Underplayed but very strong...

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 2

So heartbreaking to hear Emma talking to Spencer about the loss of her mom, and now possibly losing Sam when all she wants is a happy family. Spencer being grateful for Grandma Laura and Emma being grateful for her grandmother was sweet.

. . . 

One sentence from this Jason about how his brain has been working is way more articulate than any sentence in the last 10 years SBu played the character. Good job by KeMo with the emotion, and good job by both actors with that kiss. Sam is still completely, madly in love with Jason and what she feels for Patrick is nothing in comparison.

I thought the kids did well too, though I see others dislike them.  My brother and I had conversations like that during our parents' divorce when we visited cousins who had both parents...

The 'Thanksgiving' Spencer recommended -was- sweet.

As for Jason, I couldn't stand SB's one expression (well, maybe two) and his always "stone-cold" face in reaction to almost anything, so I am happy that BM is not the Jason many want to see returned.  He and KEMO are doing a great job.  Here's to a Jason 3 who's an interesting mixture of Jason's potential.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 3

I need a head shot.

Carly got shot in the head twelve years ago, and we're still stuck with her.

Unfortunately, I think Jason could fall of a balcony, get bludgeon on the head, burned, the charred body could be hacked into pieces, with each piece put in a different landfill, and Jasus would still rise again.

:shouts-out to all 'How to Get Away with Murder' fans.

• Love 4

I did think her dialogue that Carly would "break the tie" was a) kinda WTF considering I dunno how she would know about Carly's attachment to Jason and b) also scary because that better not be how this is resolved.

I can't even imagine a circumstance where it wouldn't be completely bat crap crazy to have an adult pick who he will be with based on letting his overbearing shrew of a "best friend" cast the deciding vote.  So, naturally, it's not off the table on GH.  

• Love 6

Since NuJason is going to look for whoever did whatever to him, does this mean that Faison will be back? Does he still have Robin?

Last we saw, Helena was the one who took Robin prisoner.

Edited by TeeVee329

Oh, and that Maddox dude? He's supposed to be a psychiatrist, right? Because him being all judgy and closing the door in Anna's face? PISSED me off. Because no matter if the patient doesn't spill his or her guts in the first session, if you're a fucking competent shrink, what he did is something you do NOT do. Asshole.

He's a plant, right?

And now I want Anna to investigate on the sly to get the goods on Paul. 

Just because.

At least Robin's "apology" call to Patdick wasn't what everyone thought it would be.  And Patdick can just STFU with all his "Emma is the one who is suffering the most" bullshit and putting all the blame on Robin. And stop it. Like Now. These new writers trying to "fix" this story by trying to tell me that Robin has been calling and skyping with his self-centered douchy ass as well as with Anna can also just FUCK OFF.

• Love 6

I can't even imagine a circumstance where it wouldn't be completely bat crap crazy to have an adult pick who he will be with based on letting his overbearing shrew of a "best friend" cast the deciding vote.  So, naturally, it's not off the table on GH.  

I dunno about literally picking, but it's crystal clear already that Carly is on Sam's side here and will eventually be part of swaying Jason away from Liz.

• Love 1

According to Patrick, Robin only Skypes with Emma. Robin really doesn't talk to him and when she does, it's short and she has to go. Anna said she rarely talks to Robin.

And LMAO @ Patrick all pissed Robin didn't want to hear about Jason. She can't win. If she's all about Jason, he's livid. If she doesn't care, he's livid.

• Love 6

I hate Tracy hiring Hayden. HATE. Simply because it's a not-seen- a-mile away turn of events that actually has potential, and means Tracy is actually doing something to get ELQ back, and I can't have nice things like that so this has to be going to crap soon enough. So if I hate it immediately, I can't get hurt, right?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 17

So if I hate it immediately, I can't get hurt, right?

Oh, I'm all in.

Especially if it leads to Hayden being Tracy's long lost daughter. I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN.

Bring on the pain fuckers!

• Love 4

Any day now I expect to see Sam, Liz and Carly clinging to Jason's legs begging him to "pick me, pick me!" He's dragging them across the floor trying to escape while Sonny's in his wheelchair racing to shut the door and trap him inside. Spinelli's banging on the windows trying to get in.

I really wish Robin would show up and Jason recognizes her as his one true love. She is the only person he can remember and they ride off together. Sam, Liz, Carly, Sonny, Patrick et al are devastated. Jason the best human being ever is off my damn screen! Yeah, Robin is stuck with him but she gets to tell Patrick to kiss her ass.

• Love 13

I find it odd that Spenser's driver has Spenser rush off and  leave Emma alone in the park. He told her that Patrick is on his way to get her but Patrick is still at home. This is happening at the same time the goon that is guarding Robin tells her that she is going to be punished for her phone call to Patrick. So is that driver working for someone in the Legion of Doom.

• Love 2

These new writers trying to "fix" this story by trying to tell me that Robin has been calling and skyping with his self-centered douchy ass as well as with Anna can also just FUCK OFF.

o

The thing is? That is exactly what RC should have done - but he's a sloppy hack. 

Helena is not stupid enough to have Robin just disappear. That would immediately throw up warning signals. Her family knows she's alive. Having Robin remain in contact with Emma while refusing to allow her to spend time speaking to adults who might recognize something was wrong is smart. Counting on what should have been Patrick's anger and Anna's guilt - that would have been manipulative and mean and worthy of Helena

• Love 4

I thought the kids did well too, though I see others dislike them.  My brother and I had conversations like that during our parents' divorce when we visited cousins who had both parents...

The 'Thanksgiving' Spencer recommended -was- sweet.

As for Jason, I couldn't stand SB's one expression (well, maybe two) and his always "stone-cold" face in reaction to almost anything, so I am happy that BM is not the Jason many want to see returned.  He and KEMO are doing a great job.  Here's to a Jason 3 who's an interesting mixture of Jason's potential.

I am right there with you on a Jason v.3. And? If he gets back some Morgan memories, I dearly hope he recovers as many Q memories.

Oh, and that Maddox dude? He's supposed to be a psychiatrist, right? Because him being all judgy and closing the door in Anna's face? PISSED me off. Because no matter if the patient doesn't spill his or her guts in the first session, if you're a fucking competent shrink, what he did is something you do NOT do. Asshole.

He's a plant, right?

And now I want Anna to investigate on the sly to get the goods on Paul. 

Just because.

At least Robin's "apology" call to Patdick wasn't what everyone thought it would be.  And Patdick can just STFU with all his "Emma is the one who is suffering the most" bullshit and putting all the blame on Robin. And stop it. Like Now. These new writers trying to "fix" this story by trying to tell me that Robin has been calling and skyping with his self-centered douchy ass as well as with Anna can also just FUCK OFF.

Honestly, and I know this hasn't been the going opinion on this site -- but this was always what I imagined from what I saw on screen. In other words, had I not read these boards, I would have always thought Robin stayed in contact -- just enough -- with Patrick and Emma (especially) to allay suspicions. 

Oh, I'm all in.

Especially if it leads to Hayden being Tracy's long lost daughter. I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN.

Bring on the pain fuckers!

I really need Hayden to be Emily Quartermaine, with amnesia.

I find it odd that Spenser's driver has Spenser rush off and  leave Emma alone in the park. He told her that Patrick is on his way to get her but Patrick is still at home. This is happening at the same time the goon that is guarding Robin tells her that she is going to be punished for her phone call to Patrick. So is that driver working for someone in the Legion of Doom.

Oh, I absolutely think that was a LoD plot text. 

The thing is? That is exactly what RC should have done - but he's a sloppy hack. 

Helena is not stupid enough to have Robin just disappear. That would immediately throw up warning signals. Her family knows she's alive. Having Robin remain in contact with Emma while refusing to allow her to spend time speaking to adults who might recognize something was wrong is smart. Counting on what should have been Patrick's anger and Anna's guilt - that would have been manipulative and mean and worthy of Helena

I am so glad Ron is gone, I can't even.... That said, on the show, it always seemed to me that Robin kept "just enough" in contact with Anna, Pat, and Emma, that this wasn't an issue.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if most of Nik's staff are Helena plants. That's why I continue to be baffled people let their children (and Grandchild in Anna's case) hang out at the house and with Spencer with said staff as "supervision" .

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

Putting aside my hatred for Jason, at least for the moment, instead of watching Jason 2.9 or whatever making out with a leaking Sam, he visits the Q mansion, this time knowing it once was his home.

Monica would take him on a tour of the property which ends at the Qs' burial ground.Jason could have asked questions about the family members lost, including the big brother he'd never now get to know again thanks to Sonny, which Monica would make very, very, very clear to him.

But ye gods, silly of me to expect another Monica sighting so soon, and most importantly Jason had another desperate woman vying for his "love and heart" to wrestle himself away from...

I hate this show.

• Love 6

Laura can get off her fucking high horse with Hayden...Your son had her fucking shot, so maybe stop treating her like dirt on your shoe because she knows your precious Liz and Nik's secrets.  Ugh, everything about those scenes made me ragey.  My favorite part was when Hayden left and they were all winging about what to do if Hayden decided to tell....No biggie, Nikolas will just have her shot again.   And my god, SHUT THE DOORS WHEN DISCUSSING SUPER TOP SECRET SECRETS.   I doubt Jason heard, but it would serve those morons right if he did.  Love the Hayden/Tracy angle.

I was surprised Sam didn't mention Jason taking the happy meal toys with him the night he went to kill her....oversight on the writers part?  Or deliberate?   it was kind of a big deal when he actually did it.  I am still thinking he took them that night at Noodle Buddha too.  I really think he is feeling a lot more than he is letting on....he just is trying like hell to deny it.  I don't think he wants to go back to being a killer.  But again, we went through this in 05 when he lost his memory and decided he didn't want ot work for Sonny any more...and we know how that turned out.  As a JaSam fan, todays scenes were painful but damn...that kiss was hot.  Like Kim Mc said, they must practice offscreen...LOL. 

Sounds like Patrick *might* finally be buying a clue about Robin....hopefully. 

ETA: So it sounds like Jake was never filled in on the whole Franco/Danny/fake rape paternity mess, Danny being "dead" for the first 6 months, etc (when he told Sam he thought they were having problems)...Wonder how they will spin that now that precious Franco can do no wrong?

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 9

Man, Liz needs to fall harder than ever before for her 'tude and bitchfacing after the fact here. Especially since she has always seen herself as above the shit all the other horrible people in PC pull. She's no different from any of the people she thinks she's better than.

• Love 10

You know that I am wishing is that Brenda return and rides off into the sunset with Jason 3.0, just for the joy of watching Snarly and Sonny's heads explode. It would be a great way to end this mess of a show.

• Love 6

Laura can get off her fucking high horse with Hayden...Your son had her fucking shot, so maybe stop treating her like dirt on your shoe because she knows your precious Liz and Nik's secrets.

This. I am really loving Laura this time around, but her Hayden hatred is straight-up rage inducing. I feel like it makes sense though, but still, it bugs.

I really think he is feeling a lot more than he is letting on....he just is trying like hell to deny it.  I don't think he wants to go back to being a killer.

I would love this to be true. But I have no doubt Jason will go right back to being Jason Morgan eventually. Hopefully BM gets the hell outta dodge before they get to that part of the story!

• Love 3

I have no doubt Jason will go right back to being Jason Morgan eventually.

It would be so refreshing to see Jason rebel against the lot of them and refuse to take up his old role--instead, become a hero for the decent citizens of Port Charles (yes, there are some, like Monica and Emma). He could help throw out the corrupt mayoral regime that is in there now, and join up with Mac and Anna and Jordan to fight the mob and cray-cray criminal terrorists of the area. Jason would feel that he could never do enough to show the citizens how he regretted his violent past, wanting to make up for it.

He and Jordan could have a passionate relationship, and he could adopt TJ and be a true role model for him (to make Sonny's head explode). In the meantime, ageing Carly could be pining for him, to drive still-paralyzed Sonny bonkers with jealousy.

• Love 4

I need a decapitation. How can you write for a guy that doesn't have a hea

They'd find a way.  They'll (Helena of course) kidnap Patrick and have him perfect the very first head transplant. 

Or.....Helena will unlock her dungeon and out comes.....Merlin THE POWERFUL.....Wait, RC was the one that ripped off other tv shows, maye Jean/Shelly don't watch Once Upon a Time.

I watched parts of yesterday's show, the first time I've watched GH at all in over three months.

What the damn hell happened to the production values?!? To me, the show has looked increasingly cheap since Uncle Frank took over. But the deterioration from early Aug to now is glaring. Even the updated opening looks poorly edited, as if they used a 90's version of Windows PPT to paste the new actors in.

I hope Robin calls all these stupid delusional motherfuckers out on their bullshit.

They'd find a way.  They'll (Helena of course) kidnap Patrick and have him perfect the very first head transplant. 

Or.....Helena will unlock her dungeon and out comes.....Merlin THE POWERFUL.....Wait, RC was the one that ripped off other tv shows, maye Jean/Shelly don't watch Once Upon a Time.

Wait, I thought Helena WAS The Dark One? Which makes Faison, Jerry, and Luke the bullies of meanness . . .

• Love 1

I wouldn't be miserably upset if Jake/Jason walked away from Liz, as long as he turns his back on whiny, weepy, sniveling Sam at the same time.  As for Carly, she needs to stand on her own two feet again, if she remembers how. 

Has anyone heard any rumors as to how the show will usher out Jason Thompson?  Will Patrick leave for good or will the role be taken by another actor? Are the rumors true that Burgess Jennings who played Billy Abbott on Y&R will take over the role? 

• Love 3

NV said in an interview this week that they are not going to recast Patrick Drake. Instead they are going to add more hospital staff. The last I'll believe when I see it.

Which means Sonny will be spending a lot of screen time doing rehab with cheap dayplayers Pip & Felix on the Metro Court hotel room set that were sticking some exercise equipment in and calling GH's rehab clinic.

• Love 2

Why does this show hate Kimberly McCullough?

This is the same question I ask about Becky Herbst. Here's an actress that has been unfailingly loyal to GH, who gives every single scene she is given her all... And look at what they are doing to her character. It's just so wrong.

• Love 10

Yes, Laura. Your big concern should be whether Hayden will spill the beans…not that your son is an attempted murderer and your grandchildren's mother is an accessory after the fact (at the very least). IDK why Liz AND Laura think that throwing attitude at Hayden is the way to keep her mouth shut.

Patrick and Anna start to get a clue…but won't do anything about it until after Thanksgiving.[/spec]

How long until Paul discovers that Anna has NOT dropped the investigation into Sonny's shooter? (again, spec)

I love the idea of Tracy and Hayden working together, but I'm not seeing how Hayden will help all that much unless it's just as a general spy.

THAT KISS! Unf. Yeah, it got me. Must be all their practising. ;)

• Love 7

This is the same question I ask about Becky Herbst. Here's an actress that has been unfailingly loyal to GH, who gives every single scene she is given her all... And look at what they are doing to her character. It's just so wrong.

I've wondered for a while now if Becky mistakenly ate Frank's lunch from the breakroom one day or something and this is his revenge....(cue the Becky doesn't eat jokes)

• Love 4

This. I am really loving Laura this time around, but her Hayden hatred is straight-up rage inducing. I feel like it makes sense though, but still, it bugs.

I find her love for the man who raped her, has killed how many people including the man who raised Nikolas, all but abandoned Lulu for many years, and risked Nik's life (when Laura was conveniently not in the room) for information on Lulu far more offensive than her hatred for Hayden. Her loyalty toward Nikolas and animosity to Hayden, because she wasn't and isn't some innocent lamb in this situation, is not surprising. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Why does this show hate Kimberly McCullough?

Oh absolutely. I didn't mention Becky because she's still on this show and she's in it for the long haul, and I've given up asking this question. It should be the opposite. I guess I'm asking about Kimberly because she left the show, yet is willing to return, and I don't know why I keep hoping it will be something good like Scorpio Espionage of 2013, but it doesn't.

And Patdick can STFU about his whole speil to Sam about he and Robin tried to turn the clock back, because they so fucking didn't. They both knew things couldn't go back to the way they were and they were going to move forward. Convenient, selective memory, that. But again, plot point, so why do I continue to get so ragey?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

ETA: So it sounds like Jake was never filled in on the whole Franco/Danny/fake rape paternity mess, Danny being "dead" for the first 6 months, etc (when he told Sam he thought they were having problems)...Wonder how they will spin that now that precious Franco can do no wrong?

Correct. Sam said the problems were 'not of our making' (so I guess she's choosing to forget that Jason treated her like crap re: Danny-in-utero), and it seems like he knows about Helena's evils of the past and present (mentions of Lucky) but not Franco's. In conversations with Jakeson, Sam has gone on about her great love with Jason, and talked about Danny, but I don't think there's been a mention specifically of Franco or that Jason died not knowing Danny was his. Maybe he only knows that Carly was engaged to Franco? The first time they met, Carly came into the the art therapy room at the hospital looking for "my fiance."

• Love 2

I need a decapitation. How can you write for a guy that doesn't have a head? 

"They froze the head.  They put it on ice, they put it back on in precedent setting two-day operation." Soapdish

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 11

She's probably enjoying the heck out of playing a desperate Liz with a little bit of the crazy mixed in there. Girl's been getting lots of screentime. Actors love getting to mix it up, and for soap actors who play the same characters for years and years, getting to do something a bit different is probably a lot of fun.

• Love 9

"They froze the head.  They put it on ice, they put it back on in precedent setting two-day operation." Soapdish

Remember when that seemed so outlandish. 

The early 1990s were such gentler times. How naïve we were!

• Love 5

IDK why they are still keeping a remnant of the Jason reveal secret...that is, that Liez and Nik and Laura and Hayden etc all knew for a long time but didn't tell. I guess they don't want Jason to get mad at them, but he's not likely to be mad, since he keeps shrugging off the fact that he used to be someone else with a different personality. It's like the Show wants to have its cake and eat It too: do the reveal but keep at least half of it still revealed. It's like letting the air out of a balloon but going only half-way.

Stupid, I think.

• Love 4

So I'm on the reveal episode as been doing some catch up nursing new baby and all :) and I can't believe Liz is still not fessing up she knew he was Jason. Unbelievable! I literally do not know why I'm even a Liz fan after all this still, she's lost her damn mind. Sam can literally have him at this point.

Show isn't bad lately I guess. I still want to punch Sonny in the face daily but that's normal. And I'll say something nice about Carly, she's shown as much restraint, well for her in this reveal. Onto next batch of episodes preparing for rage blackouts.

• Love 7

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this:

The scenes where Jason goes to Sonny.  When Sonny clasps Jason's hands, and blubbers "you came back" along with the trembling lips? I will not lie: I guffawed with laughter, and I don't think that's what the writers were aiming for. It's like laughing at a funeral when someone is eulogizing the dead person. Or something like that.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 14

Ok, I've awoken from my Wednesday-episode rage blackout. I'm not sure I can handle Friday yet. 

Alexis Davis, you did it. You've become a character I hate more than Sonny, Carly or Jason. Sure, they're utterly reprehensible human beings who think killing anyone who gets in their way is a-okay and, yes, they are vile in every possible way. But you dug deep and vaulted over them. Your daughter is in turmoil over the sudden reappearance of her amnesiac husband. What's your big concern? Sonny really needs Avery right now. He's in a wheelchair and he loves his family so much. Because that's the song you sang when you were hiding Kristina from him. You're all about "the law" and you disdain anyone who breaks it .. unless it's Julian and you're playing hid the salami with him! Pretty much everything takes a back seat to you getting dick, Alexis. Sisterhood, am I right? Next up, Mr BigDick, err, Julian decides to hire a woman fresh from the loony bin - someone known to get violent when off her meds - in order to use her to create a tax write off and you applaud him. I hate you, Alexis. Die, die, die with festering boils.

I'm torn with my enjoyment of Franco/Nina. On their own, I'm not exactly a Franco or a Nina fan. What I enjoy is the slight hint of actual romance and willingness to sacrifice for a loved one. This is GH so I'm only going to get that from a former serial killer and his mental patient lady love but this genre has beaten me down so I'll take what I can get. It beats Patrick playing his guitar of sorrow or Sam crying tears of hitman love or Liz being crazy. 

All too soon Jason will go back to being the holy hitman but for now I can enjoy the eyerolls BM summons up for Carly demanding he forget his piddling problems and help HER. I still wish this show would go full hooyah and have Sonny kiss Jason on the lips. I laughed myself silly over that scene of Sonny telling Jason how they came to be the greatest love of all. "You had amnesia and you're family couldn't accept the new you so I made you a hitman." That's love, bitches.

I don't mind Sam but I find her as kinda painful in the role of tortured heroine. It's the same way I feel about Liz. I'd rather see Sam fighting Carly to keep Jason out of the mob than have her weeping all over the streets of Port Charles. Can we have a scene of Nina telling Liz she's insane and offering her mental hospital tips? I've already accepted that the only person who will point out that Jason was a murderer for hire will be the former serial killer so ...

• Love 2