Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh God, it's going to be Dillon, isn't it?  

I wouldn't be surprised that he's also involved with the ELQ takeover, and blindsiding both Nik and the Qs.

We're not through with Rosalie yet (despite Ron bringing up plotlines like her secret and then kicking them into the harbor). If Rosalie goes down, then Nik goes down, and the ELQ takeover storyline ends, and this isn't ending any time soon. That pad of paper with her confession is floating around. My guesses:

• Valerie fucks up the transcription  and Rosalie and Nik goes free.
  • Evil Larry Wilmore Reporter finds out Valerie transcribed the pad "from her boyfriend's interrogation" and it gets tossed.
  • Valerie and Dante realize that all Rosalie wrote  was "All Pets and No Vets Make GH a Dull Show" over and over.
  • Pad goes missing, thanks to the Legend of Doom.
  • Mysterious Day Player Lawyer shows up and gets Rosalie free, which gets Nik free.

Last two are related to Rosalie's Secret, which may FINALLY bring us Scarface!Lily as her mother, and we may find out that Rosalie is Click!Boom Baby.

Yes, Dante, you brought your half-sister in for questioning.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wouldn't mind if this happened. All the contortions the show has gone through to keep Patrick totally innocent in the Jakeson situation are annoying, to say the least.

I can't quite imagine what Patrick would do. I think he has more incentive to keep the secret than Liez does because he wouldn't want to lose Danny after Gabe died. But I don't think Patrick's ego would allow him to hold onto Sam that way - especially since he wouldn't have the excuse of Jason's dangerous job while Jason works for ELQ

Edited by Oracle42
(edited)

Either Jakeson's flashes of San should've been dreams that he can't remember or he needs a throwaway line about wanting to ask her about them but feeling awkward about asking if maybe they knew each other during one of her cons (since they keep bringing them up) because completely ignoring them makes absolutely no sense

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
the Parrish reference was Ron's little pissy dig at John Stamos because Stamos called him out on the horrendous offer he and FV made him to come back for the 50th.

I enjoyed Laura's face when Jennifer was making that comment, tho the comment was indeed a pissy move by Ron. Didn't Jennifer say "dead," too? So Ron killed off Blackie?

• Love 1
(edited)
Liz's faces were cracking me up.  She may as well have a neon sign on her that screams "I'm LYING!"

It's too bad Denise wasn't at that dinner, too. She and Liz would have blinded people with their guilty faces.

Mysterious Day Player Lawyer shows up and gets Rosalie free, which gets Nik free.

I think this is most likely, given the state of the legal system in Port Charles. As far as Rosalie's sekrit goes, does she have to reveal that? I know she has to write down all of her dealings with Nik, but the sekrit is only the catalyst for her working for him. It doesn't have anything to do with taking over ELQ.

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

Ron never passes up a chance to take pissy shots at anyone who publicly differs with him or denies him. I'd say he didn't used to be this way, and he didn't, but I also remember him taking a shot at Judith Light in some scripts years ago over turning down a return visit to OLTL. It's gotten really, really, really old.

Holly Gagnier is a better actress than I remember from '90s TV. She's better than this schlock, which veers from decently written dialogue to sheer camp, often in the same scene.

I didn't think Nik was saying the Q's didn't accept Emily, I think he was speaking directly to Tracy. That being said, his whole rationale is still bullshit and I suspect there is still another shoe to drop, especially since much of the cast seems to be sitting around talking about how his rationale doesn't make sense.

I love Billy Miller's "not-Jason" Jason.

Also, I have been expecting Zombie Lily since at least 2013. Once a Ron idea is out in the ether and working the rumor mill it will, usually, eventually get used. I pray this one doesn't, but I think Carlos was at one point going to be the bridge to that (he was Lily's brother, then he wasn't). Now I fear it is either Rosalie or Sabrina, or both.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

If both Sabrina & Rosalie are Sonny spawn, then I demand Dante be officially un-Corinthos' ed.   I'd totally buy a drunken, forgotten one night stand between Olivia & AJ.  "Dante Angelo Quatermaine" has a nice ring to it.   And he'd still be Michael's brother and not have to be related to Sonny and The Captain.

• Love 8
(edited)

My thought, too, Sake614. It looked very Misery-like.

it really does make one wonder exactly what issues Ron has w/ women.

Considering Ron has made cracks on twitter about female fans of GH being just like Kathy Bates in Misery, I think you have (part of) your answer to the second question.

Ron never passes up a chance to take pissy shots at anyone who publicly differs with him or denies him. I'd say he didn't used to be this way, and he didn't, but I also remember him taking a shot at Judith Light in some scripts years ago over turning down a return visit to OLTL. It's gotten really, really, really old.

Who could possibly have anything against Judith Light? I mean, other than Ron.

Edited by Francie

If both Sabrina & Rosalie are Sonny spawn, then I demand Dante be officially un-Corinthos' ed.   I'd totally buy a drunken, forgotten one night stand between Olivia & AJ.  "Dante Angelo Quatermaine" has a nice ring to it.   And he'd still be Michael's brother and not have to be related to Sonny and The Captain.

But-but Sonny and Dante have so much in common! They're both short! They love pasta! They have to be related.

• Love 4

Just have to think for a minute as to whether that would impact on his (smoldering, off-screen) love affair with Anna.

Okay, nope, it wouldn't.

You're good.

• Love 5
(edited)

The fuck?  Lucy turned on the Quartermaines because Michael (totally justifiably) yelled at Duke re: AJ and covering for his murderer and because of Michael taking custody of Avery away from Sonny? 

Oh girl, you let me down big time today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
(edited)

This Dante/Lulu story is so contrived. Dante was gross with his "not like they haven't done it before" comment. Yeah, like 10 years ago. Have more faith in your wife. 

This whole Luke/Laura/Jennifer plot is so dumb. All that time wasted on those bull shit scenes. 

I'm enjoying Michael/Tracy scenes. She is so much better when she is not going on and on about Luke. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 6

The fuck?  Lucy turned on the Quartermaines because Michael (totally justifiably) yelled at Duke re: AJ and covering for his murderer and because of Michael taking custody of Avery away from Sonny? 

She deserves to be smothered with Richard Simmon's old Dancin' to the Oldies workout shorts - sparkles and all.   Another reason to hate Felix - he's the one that found this creature and brought her back to Port Charles.  

Maybe her duck will bite her and give her rabies, although how the hell we could tell the difference is beyond me.

With any luck, she'll find the crypt that holds the moldering remains of the character she once was and have duck sex on it with Sonny.

I sorta don't care for Lucy.

• Love 8
(edited)
This Dante/Lulu story is so contrived. Dante was gross with his "not like they haven't done it before" comment. Yeah, like 10 years ago. Have more faith in your wife.

This is literally happening in an episode. I feel validated lol, because I remember you said you wanted some Lulu/Dante drama backtohome, so if even you're saying that you know it's bad.

Why the fuck does Jordan have Anna's old ombre hair color? Is it a requirement for all new female Commissioners?

I don't know, but if Jordan sleeps with Sonny I'm gonna be so pressed. Although at least there will be an opportunity to point and laugh at Carly. But seriously, instead of this Valerie/Dante instacrap and scary potential Sonny/Jordan, how much more fun would it have been for Jordan and Dante to go undercover together and there had to be makeouts? THAT MUCH MORE FUN. in my not-so-humble-opinion, thank you very much.

ETA: Wait, is Lucy mad at Michael for keeping Avery away from Sonny? Are they serious with this? Mind your own business, Lucy!

Okay, so Luke wasn't raped. Don't you love it when Ron plays the "were they raped. . . or maybe not!" cliffhanger?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Lucy made no sense today at all.Even though I usually love her her claiming anybody needs to grow up is a laugh coming from her.I id like Tracy bringing up the stuff with alan and trying to pass scott baby off as alans though.

• Love 6
(edited)

Ulkis, hahah I did say I wanted some drama for Lulu/Dante. But this story is just so dumb. Lazy and contrived at its worst. Dante was already following Lulu like a stalkerish husband. At least he acknowledged he was acting like a cliche jealous husband. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 3

The fuck?  Lucy turned on the Quartermaines because Michael (totally justifiably) yelled at Duke re: AJ and covering for his murderer and because of Michael taking custody of Avery away from Sonny?

I've never wanted to boil Lucy in a vat of acid more than I did today. I'm glad they at least had Tracy verbalize that Lucy is in no position to judge Michael for his actions, but her reasoning was such crap. Since when does she care all that much about Sonny. And give me a break with her bleating about Michael ripping Avery from Sonny 'the only parent she'd ever known.' Avery was in Kiki's custody for more time than Sonny had her. Sonny probably had her for a week or two at most before Michael got custody of her.

I felt so bad for Michael and Tracy today. I cannot, cannot wait for both Nik and Liz to go down in flames when it's revealed that they've known for so long that Jake is Jason.

TJ continues to be deader than dead to me. I suppose it's not exactly a surprise that he's fine with living with a mobster, considering he lived with Shawn, but that he'd rather live with a criminal thug like Sonny than his own mother speaks volumes about what a moronic loser he is. As Jordan thankfully pointed out Shawn is in prison because he was doing Sonny's dirty work and he let Shawn take the fall for him, but because his mom was a cop and did her job and arrested the attempted murderer Shawn, somehow Sonny's more trustworthy? Jordan needs to have another DNA test run and weep with joy when she finds out she's not really that dumbass ingrate's real mother.

• Love 11

Lucy made no sense today at all.Even though I usually love her her claiming anybody needs to grow up is a laugh coming from her.

She was beyond ridiculous today.  Lecturing Michael about being too impulsive when impulsiveness is the core of her character?  Giving Michael tips on how to be a better businessman when CoCo Cosmetics was shuttered by the SEC?  Imploring Michael to think of Edward as she's selling out his entire family to Nik?

• Love 13
(edited)

I know Lucy is Lucy (is Lucy) and often makes poor choices, but Ron always finds a way to turn even the most comic character into an impossible buffoon in ways that make me think, "even they would never do this." Case in point. Unless she's actually being blackmailed I don't buy it. But in Ron's world, plot is king.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

I didnt underdtand that drivel lucy was babbling about either about sonny being averys only parent.Lucy sure as heck didnt care to take Christina away from his bio father on port charles.You'd think lucy would sympathize with the Qs remeber when Katherine stole deception from her?

• Love 2

Between Lucy, the weirdness with Luke, and Dante instabelieving that Lulu is sleeping with Dillon, this is such a weird episode. It's like I'm watching an alternate universe fanfic. Not to mention Nikolas' on-going streak of evildom.

• Love 9

Between Lucy, the weirdness with Luke, and Dante instabelieving that Lulu is sleeping with Dillon, this is such a weird episode. It's like I'm watching an alternate universe fanfic. Not to mention Nikolas' on-going streak of evildom.

This is how I've always felt watching Ron's GH. Twisted, ridic fanfic set out to destroy everything canon.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm just confused, if this is the end of Jennifer's role in the story (and let us pray that it is), why Ron felt the need to dig up a minor character for a nonsensical one week story about near rape? 

I'm enjoying the Quartermaine story, Lucy fuckery notwithstanding. Michael and Tracy are a fantastic team.

Edited by Ladybyrd

Ulkis, hahah I did say I wanted some drama for Lulu/Dante. But this story is just so dumb. Lazy and contrived at its worst. Dante was already following Lulu like a stalkerish husband. At least he acknowledged he was acting like a cliche jealous husband. 

Well, considering how stupidly Lulu was acting today, maybe she does need a "follower" - or, better yet, a keeper.  Today, for her, the lights were on but no one was at home.  But she had a lot of company.

• Love 1

Silas' glasses and Ava's wig in one scene is not a good combination.

I'm just confused, if this is the end of Jennifer's role in the story (and let us pray that it is), why Ron felt the need to dig up a minor character for a nonsensical one week story about near rape? 

I'm enjoying the Quartermaine story, Lucy fuckery notwithstanding. Michael and Tracy are a dream team.

Because Ron loves him some rape. Or he doesn't understand what it is.

I felt bad for Tracy when she realized her trading her shares for Luke's life is what started it all. Now you know it wasn't worth it Tracy. I'm looking forward to Luke-free Tracy.

• Love 8

I'll take Silas' glasses and Ava's wig over the SERIAL KILLER & WE (-2) NEVER CARED every day and twice on Sundays.

I can't wait for someone (besides Sloane) to see Brook Lynn, Ned, or Olivia in Bensonhurst with that baby and bust the truth out all over PC…and then I hope Tracy reams Ned and Brook Lynn for giving up their ELQ shares for a lie that would never last. Though I'm sure one of them will make a Luke reference, but at least Luke has known/been a sort of part of the Qs for years. Why is Mama Celeste worth this, especially when Julian is leaving the mob for realsies this time?

• Love 8

I really detested Lucy today. Lucy's reason to vote against Michael was awful. She voted against Michael because Michael was mean to Duke? Duke the mobster who covered up for Sonny MURDERING AJ? Then she takes Sonny's side who gets all his kids kidnapped and shot at? Michael doesn't need life lessons from the mess of a person Lucy is. He doesn't need to "learn" from blackmailing and murdering Nikolas. 

Then she gives ELQ to the Cassadines and has the nerve to act like Lila and Edward would support her? That Lila would like what she says. Team Tracy for telling her off that Lila would hate what she did. Lucy rather have Helena have control than Michael? 

I did love the scene of Tracy and Michael at the end. Tracy taking responsible for trading her shares for Luke and telling Michael that he would have made Edward proud. I hope Lucy suffers for what she's done. 

Dante's a moron, one word from Valerie and he's stalking his wife in dark hallways? 

• Love 11
(edited)

If Rosalie's testimony would cost Nik the shares she fraudulently purchased for him?

Why didn't the Qs immediately have Luke testify to obtaining all of the other shares fraudulently and to exchanging those shares to Helena for illegal acts?

I mean, I'm assuming the answer is REASONS but it'd be nice if this story made any sense at all

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I hope that Sonny doesn't take advantage of TJ the way he took advantage of a young brain damaged Jason. I know that TJ isn't brain damaged but he is so dumb, he may as well be.

• Love 6

Wow - I didn't know Anthony Geary was leaving - but, man, 37 years is a hell of a long time for any gig.

Well, he did have a 10 year break. And all his vacation time put together added up to another 10 years.

• Love 13

I really hope that was just her cover story and the reality is that Nik is blackmailing her somehow.  It seemed to me that it was how LH played it at vote time.  

• Love 4

I don't understand the ELQ stuff.  They voted to oust MIchael as CEO?  So he's fired or simply demoted to something else??

He's fired.

I really hope that was just her cover story and the reality is that Nik is blackmailing her somehow.  It seemed to me that it was how LH played it at vote time.

I assume Nik knows about Lucy stealing the ballot box and is holding it over her head. Because the BS she spewed today was just that.

• Love 3
(edited)

Lucy's reasoning for voting in Nikolas's favor made next to no sense to me.  I don't think Tracy or Michael was nasty enough to her.  Edward, Lila, and Emily would be turning over in their graves right now.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ok - I kind of love that Jake/Jason is a closet Taylor Swift fan. Don't hate - I love 1989 and will tell anyone who asks me.

I really only liked "Blank Space" and "Style."  Any other work of hers is kinda nothing to me.

Edited by Donny Ketchum

Yeah...when you have to twist things into nonsensical pretzels to make the plot points fly, maybe that should be a clue that the "story" doesn't work. This ELQ shit is just that, shit. The Qs never were horrible to Emily as Nik implied and Lucy today was just WTF.

It's too bad. With a real writing team, this ELQ stuff could be something different and decent. No chance of that now.

• Love 7

Well, he did have a 10 year break. And all his vacation time put together added up to another 10 years.

Well, more like a 7 year break--he came back as Bill Eckert in 1991. :)

• Love 1

WTF is Lucy talking about? Is she on drugs?

This Jennifer Smith chick is pathetic and her brief appearance was pointless. 

So instead of asking Lulu why she's keeping secrets Dante decides to confide in Valerie. Ok. I still don't see any logical reason why Lulu can't tell Dante the truth. He covers for his family all of the time so I'm sure he would agree to keep quiet about Lucky being in danger if it means keeping him alive. 

• Love 10