Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wait, so Duke was just killed off, so IB is gone, and no actor/writer/producer has acknowledged this on social media? Strange.

I muted that scene between Nathan and Jase and damn, those two men looked so good today. Gah.

For the love of sweet Jasus, can we please just say no to all future mob stories? I just can't anymore with this garbage. The only time we get hospital stories are when there's a mob-related something or other for the most part.

Stupid show just keeps getting stupider.

At least Sonny wasn't in the last couple of episodes. That alone made it a slightly better mob war than usual.

The Tracy/Michael scenes were great. More please. Also, is Monica alive or?

I mean, at this point, I consider her out. Just say she moved out of town. Of course Mac has only been on for one episode this entire year so far too. I knew once they kicked him out of the commissioner role he would basically go down to nil airtime. Being a commissioner on this show may make a character an idiot but at least it provides a semblance of screentime. Although to be honest I don't really care about Mac so I'm not too upset by it, just observing.

• Love 2

Sabrina's dress is uglier and harder to look at every day

Oh man, this. I'm glad we're moving to another day tomorrow because I couldn't bear to look at that dress anymore.

I wish we knew who was going to be in the live eps. BTW, they're doing them Friday and Monday, right? Or is it just Friday?

I wish we knew who was going to be in the live eps. BTW, they're doing them Friday and Monday, right? Or is it just Friday?

Friday and Monday.  MSt is definitely going to be on, as she keeps going on about it on Twitter.

(edited)

I like the color of Sabrina's dress but the dress itself reminds me of the "stripper princess" dresses Say Yes To the dress loves to push.

First I had a double post, so I edited one and the other disappeared... Strange.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

I wish I could care about Federal Agent Anna's tearful goodbye with her mobster boyfriend passionate promise to end another mobster, but for some reason it's ringing hollow. Oh yeah, because she didn't give two squirts of piss that Duke planned to have Jordan killed. Just all "Bygones!" about it since she wanted to run away with him. Oh and he tried to call it off; well, all's forgiven then, champ!

I want Jordan to slap Anna or call her out or something. Jordan has repeatedly expressed her desire to end the undercover operation and worry that her life is in danger and every time Anna has strong armed/emotionally manipulated her into staying. Then Anna finds out her precious Duke tried to have Jordan murdered and she barely even reacts. Her disregard for Jordan's life is sickening.

• Love 6

Anna, wtf? It doesn't matter that Duke ordered a hit, because he tried to make it right? Boo-hooing all over him and still wanting to go away with him, after he just admitted to the hit? Her temper tantrum at Julian in the hospital? I seriously do not even know who she is anymore, and I definitely don't like it.

I can't stand Jordan and Shawn. They're awful, and it seems like they've had this same situation and conversation about eleventy billion times already. Same as Carlos and Sabrina, now that I think about it.

I'm too distracted by Sloane's chin to understand what's going on in his scenes with Jake.

• Love 4
(edited)

True - but the trade-off there was that RC spent more time ruining the character before killing him off. 

I want to care about Jordan. I like actress and she'd be an intelligent and capable partner for Dante if she was transferred to the PCPD. I just HATE Shawn and I hate her relationship with him because it makes her look bad and dumb.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

And the trouble is, all of these vets get ruined to die while the likes of Franco hang on like a fungus. Franco, the attempted rapist/psychotic murderer! It's warped.

If only someone could tie Howarth down and force feed him nothing but donuts for a month straight...  then Ron would surely write Franco an exit.

• Love 11

This squared.

If hate-sex had to happen why did they waste it on Julian and Olivia? All because she's pregnant in real life they had to go for another WTD story when Anna and Julian hate-sex would be so much more satisfying, especially, as you mentioned, with all their past history.

And why did Jordan lie about who tried to kill her? Why didn't she admit it was Bruce, that Duke ordered the hit? Because she lurves Shawn? I'm confused and annoyed that I even care.

I guess I just have a weird soft spot for Julian.

For the love of sweet Jasus, can we please just say no to all future mob stories? I just can't anymore with this garbage. The only time we get hospital stories are when there's a mob-related something or other for the most part.

Stupid show just keeps getting stupider.

And why did Sloane let her.  I believe he knew who did it.

The day player nurse's reaction to Patrick running out to work on Duke was fucking amazing. His face, man, I laughed out loud. If you didn't notice it, go back and watch because it's so hilarious.

I know! It was totally "Holy cow!"

I guess GH has just the one ambulance, huh? It took forever for it to get to the waterfront.

Olivia's baby is premature, because Patrick mentioned his lungs were underdeveloped. I wish they'd knocked her out. Her sobbing about her lies causing the baby's problems were absurd. 

• Love 1

I think Jordan lied about who shot her because she would have to say why, which would blow her cover. Duke wanted her dead because she was a cop

I like to pretend Jordan is being a professional and not trying to keep Shawn as her boyfriend.

• Love 8

Now I am thinking the wedding is going to be Ned and Olivia's.  Will Ned have any legal rights to the baby if they are married?  I have no clue how it all works.

Today was so boring, I literally fell asleep during it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

And why did Sloane let her. I believe he knew who did it.

I think Sloane let the lie ride because it would protect Jordan's cover as well as possibly open the door to Jake getting closer to Julian.

Now I am thinking the wedding is going to be Ned and Olivia's. Will Ned have any legal rights to the baby if they are married? I have no clue how it all works.

Ned and Olivia would have had to marry before the baby was born for the law to assume Ned is the father. Edited by OnceSane
(edited)

Can we start a Kickstarter to raise funds to bribe the producers of The Flash into expanding Roger Howarth's role on the show? I think his character should become a core character and appear in every single episode. Actually, I think his character should get its own spin off.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

Can we start a Kickstarter to raise funds to bribe the producers of The Flash into expanding Roger Howarth's role on the show? I think his character should become a core character and appear in every single episode. Actually, I think his character should get its own spin off.

His character was already killed off. Dammit!

• Love 1

His character was already killed off. Dammit!

Meh, it's a superhero show! And if that doesn't work, zombies are in these days, too! His character can liven up the show, looking for brains to survive!

• Love 5

Did anyone at the show consider the unfortunate optics of Tracy addressing Tony Geary's portrait as an absent friend, just as she previously has done with all the portraits of her other old, dead relations?

Shortened version of today's show:

Anna:  Duke, we'll move to Scotland. We'll get a couple of dogs.

Duke: Noooooo ....

dies.

At least that's what I saw. I'm too cried out from Mad Men a day later to be moved by the third time Anna grieves the death of Duke.

• Love 4

I can't stand LLC/Olivia in dramatic mode. So much trembling and shaking. Doesn't help when FH is in the same episode giving a great performance. Did anyone know what she whispered to Julian after she said she'd come after him with her bare hands? I couldn't make it out.

She said, "and I'll own it." She'd been mocking his lack of stones because he wouldn't admit he'd put the hit out on Duke, so it was a nice touch, as was knocking him out of the way. I like to think that right after that she went outside and flipped a few cars over.

Jordan's stupidity and taste in men is awful, so I don't even care that Anna doesn't give a fuck about her life.

For real. This is the woman who's been undercover for how many years trying to get the goods on anyone in the mob (other than Shawn, I guess), and just when she's got Bruce cowering in front of her, apologizing, setting down his gun, and eager as hell to implicate Duke in attempted murder, conspiracy, racketeering, and any other damn thing they can think up, Jordan kills him. Brilliant. They'll probably make her the next police commissioner.

• Love 8

Now I am thinking the wedding is going to be Ned and Olivia's.  Will Ned have any legal rights to the baby if they are married?  I have no clue how it all works.

Neither does Ron, so you both are in the same boat.

• Love 7

I think Jordan lied about who shot her because she would have to say why, which would blow her cover. Duke wanted her dead because she was a cop

I like to pretend Jordan is being a professional and not trying to keep Shawn as her boyfriend.

You know Ron just views that as a challenge.  He clearly hasn't broken your spirit enough yet.  

• Love 5

I have no great love for Duke, but I thought FH was awesome. As she always is.

Can't wait to see how Alexis spins it so that she stays with Julian after he had Duke killed.

Sabrina's only tolerable with Carrrrrrrrrrlos for some reason. Although that dress has got to go. Looks like a tangerine threw up and then died all over her.

• Love 2
(edited)

dies.

At least that's what I saw. I'm too cried out from Mad Men a day later to be moved by the third time Anna grieves the death of Duke.

Is it wrong that my first thought on reading this was "well, she shouldn't have brought up the dogs.  Cats hate dogs ..."

I am so glad I'm not watching this mess on top of Mad Men.  As much as Ron has gone out of his way to shit all over everything I ever held dear about this show, and turn it into an ugly farce, I'm sure I'd still cry because FH would make me ...  and IB, as well. 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3
(edited)

dies.

I have a feeling there is some real stupid RC-style swerve coming on this shit. I mean, Julian did order the hit on Duke, right? But somehow I am getting a strange sense that it will turn out someone other than Carlos finished Duke off. Either way, of course as soon as he's in trouble Carlos goes whining and moping to Sabreeeenaaaahhhh about doing his job. It's all so stupid.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
Is it wrong that my first thought on reading this was "well, she shouldn't have brought up the dogs.  Cats hate dogs ..."

My first thought was, "Oh man, is Ron trolling .... nah. Just a funny, funny coincidence."

If only Anna had said that they'd get a very, very fine house, with two cats in the yard, it all would have worked out so differently.

• Love 8

My first thought was, "Oh man, is Ron trolling .... nah. Just a funny, funny coincidence."

If only Anna had said that they'd get a very, very fine house, with two cats in the yard, it all would have worked out so differently.

You know, I feel a little bad, because I don't actually think IB looks like a cat and I still think he's handsome and a good actor.  

It's just that it's hard to take much of anything seriously with this crap anymore.  The writers didn't give a shit about Duke as a character (I have my doubts they even give a shit about Anna, quite frankly),  they wrote him into an impossible hole, and then tried in the sloppiest way to fix the Anna/Duke relationship at the last minute ... for the sole purpose of making it extra cruel when he died AGAIN in front of Anna.   

• Love 4

, I'm sure I'd still cry because FH would make me ...  and IB, as well. 

And you would be, Finola is just that good.  IB was ruined for me quite some time ago, but Anna today.....FH has the talent to sometimes, intermittently, at least, to rise above the crap she's given to do.  

Her scenes with Duke were wrenching, but they paled in comparison to her fury with Julian.  She was great.

It would be fine with me is Alexis was committed to Miscavige since she's clearly lost what little mind she had left, being with Julian.  And I'd like to see somebody beat Julian to death with his huge...ego.....no way anything else on him is huge.  It's bad enough that Alexis has gotten dumber being with him, but he's made my sympathetic to Olivia.  NEVER before have I felt that way.  Lately, she's been more tolerable with Ned, and even moreso, Julian has been so insufferable that I'm on Olivia's side even though her own life choices invalidate her feelings about Julian as the baby daddy.  

I'm just so sick of him strutting around like he's something more than a Sonny also-ran.  And I can't think of anything worse to say about someone.

• Love 5

It's just that it's hard to take much of anything seriously with this crap anymore.  The writers didn't give a shit about Duke as a character (I have my doubts they even give a shit about Anna, quite frankly),  they wrote him into an impossible hole, and then tried in the sloppiest way to fix the Anna/Duke relationship at the last minute ... for the sole purpose of making it extra cruel when he died AGAIN in front of Anna.   

I think they did for a bit when they first took over. And then, I dunno, I guess Dr O. came along. 

• Love 3
(edited)

And you would be, Finola is just that good. IB was ruined for me quite some time ago, but Anna today.....FH has the talent to sometimes, intermittently, at least, to rise above the crap she's given to do.

Her scenes with Duke were wrenching, but they paled in comparison to her fury with Julian. She was great.

It would be fine with me is Alexis was committed to Miscavige since she's clearly lost what little mind she had left, being with Julian. And I'd like to see somebody beat Julian to death with his huge...ego.....no way anything else on him is huge. It's bad enough that Alexis has gotten dumber being with him, but he's made my sympathetic to Olivia. NEVER before have I felt that way. Lately, she's been more tolerable with Ned, and even moreso, Julian has been so insufferable that I'm on Olivia's side even though her own life choices invalidate her feelings about Julian as the baby daddy.

I'm just so sick of him strutting around like he's something more than a Sonny also-ran. And I can't think of anything worse to say about someone.

I actually realized when Anna was calling Julian out on his bullshit - I really dislike the character. He's an overgrown frat boy with an over-inflated ego who is a less competent mobster than Sonny "oops I shot my wife while she was giving birth" Corinthos

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

If Genie F is coming back does that mean we are being set up for a triangle of Luke/Laura/Tracy? How does Tracy currently relate to Laura? Indifferent? Pity? Hate? Does Tracy ever remember the Luke and Laura myth--is she threatened, contemptuous, indifferent? How would these two women react to each other if they found themselves in the same room alone? Or with others? Would we see a catfight a la "Dynasty," or would Laura's sugary personality counteract Tracy's usual bitterness and edgy sarcasm?

(edited)

I've posted it before but this about covers it, IMO.

This features a lot of obnoxious Guza-era philosophizing on the banality of Luke and Laura coming out of Tracy's mouth, and certainly I think it covers a lot of TG's skewed POV. But the ending undoes a lot of that with a few simple strokes and touches.

I really miss this writing staff.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

Felt odd that Anna stopped asking Duke who pulled the trigger.  I can buy her "forgiving" Duke while he's laying there bleeding out because the last thing a dying person wants to hear is judgement and she's trying to get him to hang on. 

Not really understanding Jordan lying about the hit.  She didn't know Duke was dead (because he wasn't at the time).  How long can she keep the charade going?  Isn't it going to be obvious that Bruce is dead?  Can't really call him a double agent without knowing that Duke was dead. So blaming the hit on Julian will start a mob war that they don't want.  smh

Of course Shawn walks in while Sloane is outing Jordan as a federal agent.  What is the point of blaming Jake for shooting Duke?  How would that ingratiate him to Julian if Julian knows that Carlos had the orders?  No-one knows yet the Carlos is running away.  Why didn't Nathan test for gun powder residue?  And of course Carly will be the only one to believe Jake didn't do it.

Speaking of Carlos - he's the whiniest hitman ever. 

Loved Tracy's outfit today.  And her talk with Michael.L

Liz's duvet doesn't bother me - at least it wasn't grey!

• Love 4

Speaking of Carlos - he's the whiniest hitman ever. 

Loved Tracy's outfit today.  And her talk with Michael.L

Tracy looked good today, didnt' she?  And I also enjoyed her with Michael.  They both talked to each other like actual adults.  

Carlos!  He whined SABWEEEEEEEENA even more than usual.  And I don't get why he'd be in some sort of trouble - he did what Julian wanted, so Julian should be protecting him.

He CAN'T be afraid of Shawn - can he?  If so, he should be hitching a ride in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.

• Love 3
(edited)
Carlos!  He whined SABWEEEEEEEENA even more than usual.  And I don't get why he'd be in some sort of trouble - he did what Julian wanted, so Julian should be protecting him.

He CAN'T be afraid of Shawn - can he?  If so, he should be hitching a ride in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.

Carlos has almost as much swagger as Julian.  He's always going on about the mob life, how this is what he chose etc.  Well, killing people is part of it.  Stop being such a weenie about it.  I don't think he's afraid of Shawn.  He should be afraid of Jordan, the only person to hit a target beside Jake.

Can anyone frame Franco for something so Jordan can shoot him?  Please?

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 5

I wanted to mention, I also adore any time they give Michael and Tracy stuff together, at the mansion or ELQ or wherever. When they handle it right, you get the sense Tracy truly respects and cares for Michael. I think Jane and Chad Duell are great together. I think Michael's quiet respect for her and Tracy's slightly grudging respect in kind really works, and I think if they're smart, they'd let it be one of the relationships that sustains those characters in the post-Luke future (whatever future this show has left without Geary, which I frankly suspect may not be much). Part of me takes Tracy's connection to Michael to be part of her tacit admission to herself that she failed other young Quartermaines, A.J. included. I think Tracy as Michael's close advisor is just brilliant. It's so much better than the umpteenth generation of Tracy and her family shrieking at each other back and forth and missing the point, which is that Tracy dearly loves and treasures her family and their legacy.

• Love 18

Oh man, this. I'm glad we're moving to another day tomorrow because I couldn't bear to look at that dress anymore.

So much hatred for that dress! I think it's quite pretty. I only feel bad for the actress having to squeeze into it for days of filming.

You know, I feel a little bad, because I don't actually think IB looks like a cat and I still think he's handsome and a good actor.  

The cat thing is an inside joke here.  Nothing to do with his looks, at least as far as I know and am concerned.

• Love 1
(edited)

Doesn't help when FH is in the same episode giving a great performance. Did anyone know what she whispered to Julian after she said she'd come after him with her bare hands? I couldn't make it out.

She said she would "own it" unlike Julian does with his violent actions.

Are we sure it was Carlos who shot Duke?  Because Duke conveniently didn't answer Anna when she asked him who shot him, and that was some weird as heck timeline.  Carlos shoots Duke, then rushes over to Sabrina's, because there was no one he could trust (not even Julian, apparently), all worried and planning to skip town because of the new witness in the Ava shooting?  He's not worried about the Duke shooting or thinks Julian would protect him?  He didn't consider that before shooting Duke?  Just weird.

I hate what they did with Duke since his last return, but I will always love Duke and Anna/Duke.  Till proven otherwise, I shall choose to believe it was not real Duke who was killed but someone wearing the Duke mask.  La la la.

And speaking of weird, when Sloane was talking on the phone and whipped his head around saying "Jake"?  Possibly the worst, LOL line reading ever.  This guy is really stinkin' up the place.  It's hard to believe he's acted before.

Two bad ideas:  Jordan telling Shawn it was the Jerome outfit who tried to kill her.  Sloane getting Jake to pretend he killed Duke.  This won't instigate mob warfare or anything, will it?  Personally, I think it'd be better for Jordan to tell Shawn the truth, that it was his own mob that did it and see if the Corinthos organization could implode from within.  An imploding Corinthos would make good TV.  Maybe.  It would involve Sonny, after all.

ETA::  Fishcakes beat me to answering ulkis' question, but...

For real. This is the woman who's been undercover for how many years trying to get the goods on anyone in the mob (other than Shawn, I guess), and just when she's got Bruce cowering in front of her, apologizing, setting down his gun, and eager as hell to implicate Duke in attempted murder, conspiracy, racketeering, and any other damn thing they can think up, Jordan kills him. Brilliant. They'll probably make her the next police commissioner.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one questioning Jordan killing Bruce because, yeah, he was surrendering and she is a cop, not a mobster, so...  Not a clean kill, IMO.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2

I have a feeling there is some real stupid RC-style swerve coming on this shit. I mean, Julian did order the hit on Duke, right? But somehow I am getting a strange sense that it will turn out someone other than Carlos finished Duke off. Either way, of course as soon as he's in trouble Carlos goes whining and moping to Sabreeeenaaaahhhh about doing his job. It's all so stupid.

Of course Carlos didn't kill Duke. I'm also assuming it will be revealed at some point that someone came along and finished AJ off when he was in the hospital. Ron doesn't have it in him to let Julian and Sonny be responsible for the deaths of two legacy characters. 

• Love 1

Don't forget frumpy too!

Ha, you underestimate how the top notch GH hair, make up and wardrobe team will have her looking like a haggard old lady.

Okay the quotes are out of order, but I'm taking my response to the PC Media News Thread...

• Love 1

Are we sure it was Carlos who shot Duke?  Because Duke conveniently didn't answer Anna when she asked him who shot him, and that was some weird as heck timeline.  Carlos shoots Duke, then rushes over to Sabrina's, because there was no one he could trust (not even Julian, apparently), all worried and planning to skip town because of the new witness in the Ava shooting?  He's not worried about the Duke shooting or thinks Julian would protect him?  He didn't consider that before shooting Duke?  Just weird.

I'm sure they can retcon anything they like whether we have seen it or not.  What we saw was Carlos threatening to kill Duke, they struggle over the gun, a single shot goes off, both make surprise faces, blood on the garage floor with the weapon (why would Carlos leave that) and then Duke staggering all bloody on the docks.  Patrick mentions one bullet that ricocheted.  Carlos runs to Sabrina and whines about shooting someone.  When Sabrina seems disgusted that he's shot another person, Carlos backtracks and pretends he's talking about Ava.  Carlos isn't bleeding.  So unless Carlos shot Duke's coat and then another person (maybe Ava, she's a good shot), comes along and shoots Duke and leaves the weapon... hard to believe it's anyone else at this point.  Of course, the writers can change it just like the whole Luke Fluke Puke storyline we've suffered through.

Does the Metro Court not have security cameras because Sonny's office is there?  You'd think there'd be one in the parking garage.

• Love 1