Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just because he isn't playing it right now doesn't mean he's incapable. It just means that's not how the character is being written. I personally loved Billy Abbott but I'm not really seeing that character here. My problem is that I'm not seeing much of anything right now. There simply is no 'there' there, and I wish that would change. But I' ve also seen BM in other roles so I know he can do more. Hell, he played a pedophile on 'Justified.' He was anything but a lovable goof in that role, and he was quite convincing.

To bring this back to the current episode, Sonny sucks and I hope Michael discovers his duplicity and has his ass thrown in jail for contempt of court. Or anything else that can be thrown at him!

• Love 8

I know people keep saying he can play anything, but I'm not seeing it.  The interview I read (Michael Fairman) said that they deliberately are making him a different character because RC wants to play to BM's strengths - mainly his comedy - which has NEVER been in Jason Morgan's wheelhouse.  Not ever.  In addition, RC said that because Jake is suppose to have amnesia, they can essentially rewrite the character to their whim.  RC flat out said it, and BM concurred.

Yes, much has to do with the writing, but BM is also to blame.  He is just not credible at all as Jason Morgan.  I see Billy Abbott.  That's all I see.

But couldn't characters being written to Ron's whim pretty much describe most of the current cast? I can't speak to what Billy Abbott was like because I don't watch Y & R. I hate Victor Newman even more than I hate Sonny, and ya'll know how much I hate Sonny. Regardless, Ron likely not having any idea where the hell this story is going means he's pulling Jake's characterization out of his ass. An actor has to be given some kind of solid platform to build a performance on, and I don't think the hacks who write this show can provide that.

• Love 7

Sonny back in jail? That would be awesome. He's just pissed he didn't have time to bribe the other judge. And Carly saying how the Q's throw money at everything when this is all her and Sonny have done. I'm so tired of their hypocritical asses that I'm ready for Franco to murder them to put me out of my misery.

• Love 5

I have never seen him on YnR (I left that show when Snapper did) but I agree he is not credible as either Jason M or Jason Q. And if I thought that Ron could pull off a third personality I would not mind seeing it, but what I am afraid of is that Ron will say "oh no this is Jason M" and we will all be like No, No it's not.  I am almost ready for this Jason to honor his birth mother and refer to himself as Jason Moore (while still loving Monica as his Mom) just to make it clear to every one he is not either of the two men they knew

Agreed.  Considering the caricatures that RC writes with the likes of Franco, Nina, and now even Luke, he will completely alter Jason.  The fact that he thinks it's okay to make Jason more comical or jokey, just to suit BM, tells me that they don't have a clue about this character.  SBu was right to leave.  I think he saw the writing on the wall (literally) with RC when he had Jason refuse to raise Sam's child.  WTF??  Since when has Jason EVER refused to raise someone's child.  He raised Michael.  He was going to raise Sam's child with Sonny.  So suddenly, he didn't want Sam's child?  Please.  It was so contrived just to get Sam with McBain so that RC could reunite KM and ME.  In so doing, it ended up actually trashing all three characters (Sam, Jason, and McBain).  

Jake is not Jason.  I don't even see glimmers of Jason Morgan in him.  

Just because he isn't playing it right now doesn't mean he's incapable. It just means that's not how the character is being written. I personally loved Billy Abbott but I'm not really seeing that character here. My problem is that I'm not seeing much of anything right now. There simply is no 'there' there, and I wish that would change. But I' ve also seen BM in other roles so I know he can do more. Hell, he played a pedophile on 'Justified.' He was anything but a lovable goof in that role, and he was quite convincing.

I think BM is a good actor, and yes, he can play a bad guy, but Jason is much more than a bad guy.  Contrary to what some believe, he is a complex character, and so far all I'm seeing is Billy Abbott.  I can go through the litany of actions that Jake does that Jason would never have done, but that's pointless.  We just don't agree on this point, and that's fine.  I don't have anything against BM, but he is ill-suited for this role.  He should have been cast as Dillon Quartermaine or Lucky Spencer.  It would have been a perfect fit.  I have no idea what RC was smoking.

To bring this back to the current episode, Sonny sucks and I hope Michael discovers his duplicity and has his ass thrown in jail for contempt of court. Or anything else that can be thrown at him!

We agree on this!!

Sonny back in jail? That would be awesome. He's just pissed he didn't have time to bribe the other judge. And Carly saying how the Q's throw money at everything when this is all her and Sonny have done. I'm so tired of their hypocritical asses that I'm ready for Franco to murder them to put me out of my misery.

I'd rather Sonny take out Franco because I can't take him anymore.  Can anyone tell me what the purpose of his character is on GH?  That's a serious question.  WHAT is his storyline?  Nina has none either.  Can they both just off the other in a suicide pact or something?  Please?

• Love 2

The only thing that tells me that Jake is Jason (even though he's not showing any of Jason Morgan's personality), is when Robin showed up as his conscience.

Then again, I have to remind myself who is the head writer of this show, and I have to hand wave those scenes away.

• Love 2

I want Det. Kitty - anyone, hell, I don't care - to beat this mutant version of the Pillsbury Doughboy right into the dirt.  Then I want that dirt sowed with salt.  And lastly, I want that Seasoned Spinelli Soil shoved down Richard Simmons' shorts.  They both deserve it.

That's how much I hate this thing. 

This is my favorite post of all time.

On second thought, the idea of him and Det. Kitty pledging their undying love.......yeah, I could live with that....

The thought of Mark Lawson as Lucky working with Nathan and Dante is really fun to think about. Dante needs another wee policeman on his side! Maybe we should make the tees with all the slogans, sell them, and give FV the money to hire Mark Lawson.

I really want this to have been written purposely to show what unbelievable hypocrites they are.  I've been thinking that this whole blowout between Michael and Sonny/ Carly is *not* to paint Michael as the villain and Sonny as the hero.  The stuff coming out of Sonny and Carly's mouths has been even more hypocritical and lacking all self-awareness than usual, and it seems intentional, like with all the "biological child" crap yesterday.  And yes, Michael is all alone with no one on his side, but that's sort of making him even more of the hero - trying to do what's right in the face of everyone he knows telling him not to.  It just seems like Sonny and Carly, and even Alexis and several other people, have been sooooo over the top and hypocritical that it has to be intentional, rather than just the usual shitty writing.

I hope you're right. Sonny and Carly are really showing what hypocritical, awful people they are. It's astonishing that they're writing them this way if they truly want us to root for them. But RC wanted us to root for Ford and he raped Jessica and assaulted a nun, so the man clearly has some issues.

I was laughing watching Michael Easton go back and fourth being all smiley and playing with the baby and then serious face for the scene. I couldn't even guess what Ava and her mom were saying to each other. (I'm not sure ME could say for sure either) 

That was so hilarious. He was switching to his 'serious face' so quickly and it was just cracking me up.

• Love 3

Jason had jokes. SBu is actually a funny guy. 

Jason Morgan was more a straight man to other people joking, and Jason would be funny without knowing he was being funny.  He certainly was not a guy who cracked jokes nor did he do impressions.  Yes, SBu is very opposite of Jason Morgan with a great sense of humor.

The thought of Mark Lawson as Lucky working with Nathan and Dante is really fun to think about. Dante needs another wee policeman on his side! Maybe we should make the tees with all the slogans, sell them, and give FV the money to hire Mark Lawson.

Dante desperately needs a storyline.  DZ is a really good actor, and I feel that they are just wasting him right now.  His scenes with LL are funny, and he has chemistry with everyone.  They need to take him off the sidelines.

• Love 5
(edited)

Dante desperately needs a storyline.  DZ is a really good actor, and I feel that they are just wasting him right now.  His scenes with LL are funny, and he has chemistry with everyone.  They need to take him off the sidelines.

This is very true, but like ulkis says, look at what they do to the people that are in leading stories. Plus, I'm afraid if they gave Dante more to do it'd just be more of Sonny's Son Dante and I hate him. But I still do wish we'd see a bit more of him because he is really fun to watch.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)
It's astonishing that they're writing them this way if they truly want us to root for them

For me they're being kept perfectly in character, including this idea that they're supposedly the "good guys" in this mess. 

Carly and Sonny have always been abominations and they have done unspeakable things to get their way, but this show for ages now has portrayed them as the group to "root for", as the characters that all the action revolves around, with them usually coming out the other side the winners.

Frankly I think they're being rather tame for the moment all things considered, and that's mainly due to the fact they're battling Michael. If this had been anyone else they would have gone after them as nastily and underhandedly as possible.

Just thinking about the lengths they went to to destroy A.J. and steal Michael, if Michael wasn't their golden boy he would have gotten the same treatment if not worse.

Carly and Sonny are scum, always have been and always will be imho. They have always behaved badly and been lying hypocrites since day one, it's what they do, it's how they live and breathe. And they eat this show alive and that isn't changing, if anything I'd say it's getting worse.

Imo this whole custody battle with Avery is a way to build Michael up so that he can come crashing back down while Carly and Sonny stand victorious as usual, with Jake/Jason involved in some way. 

Ron is going back in time, he's pulling from the history Guza so poorly constructed with that group and putting his own spin on it which, to me, is so unspeakably terrible it's actually shocking at times. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 10
(edited)

I just watched yesterday's episode.

Usually I catch up with the thread before posting but regarding this Luke story I just had to get this off of my chest:

Ron is out of his fucking mind.  Totally, utterly and completely insane, as is probably TG.

Unless of course they are trying to do the Mel Brooks version of Silence of the Lambs (a la Young Frankenstein.)

Otherwise, just .... no.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 8

I really want this to have been written purposely to show what unbelievable hypocrites they are.  I've been thinking that this whole blowout between Michael and Sonny/ Carly is *not* to paint Michael as the villain and Sonny as the hero.  The stuff coming out of Sonny and Carly's mouths has been even more hypocritical and lacking all self-awareness than usual, and it seems intentional, like with all the "biological child" crap yesterday.  And yes, Michael is all alone with no one on his side, but that's sort of making him even more of the hero - trying to do what's right in the face of everyone he knows telling him not to.  It just seems like Sonny and Carly, and even Alexis and several other people, have been sooooo over the top and hypocritical that it has to be intentional, rather than just the usual shitty writing.

I hope you're right.  I'd add in things like Carly whining that Michael would have the baby raised by nannies to the list of "are you fucking kidding me??" bullshit these two have spewed.  Not only did it ignore that Carly had nannies raise her kids, but it didn't take long before we saw a scene of Carly handing Avery off to the nanny.  

• Love 6
(edited)
I was laughing watching Michael Easton go back and fourth being all smiley and playing with the baby and then serious face for the scene.

That always cracks me up. You have this adorable baby in a scene that's supposed to be heavy, but the actor can't help reacting in a genuine way to what the baby is doing, instead of staying in character. When the baby is as cute as the Avery twins, it's a wonder anyone remembers his or her lines. Hee.

RC said that because Jake is suppose to have amnesia, they can essentially rewrite the character to their whim.

So write something. Because right now, Jake is a blank of a character. Just because he doesn't remember who he is doesn't mean he can't have a personality.

If this had been anyone else they would have gone after them as nastily and underhandedly as possible.

I agree. Look what Sonny did to Jax when Carly was fighting for custody of Joss. That was some messed-up stuff. Of course, it being Jax gave Sonny a little extra push to be nasty, but still.

Not only did it ignore that Carly had nannies raise her kids, but it didn't take long before we saw a scene of Carly handing Avery off to the nanny.

I KNOW. I almost couldn't believe the show did that with a straight face, as it were. So we're supposed to hate Michael for using nannies, but it's totes okay for Carly? Why, because she's just Sonny's groupie and not legally responsible for Avery? The mind boggles.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

regarding this Luke story I just had to get this off of my chest:

Ron is out of his fucking mind.  Totally, utterly and completely insane, as is probably TG.

Unless of course they are trying to do the Mel Brooks version of Silence of the Lambs (a la Young Frankenstein.)

Otherwise, just .... no.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, nobody can do Mel Brooks as good as Mel Brooks can!!!! Don't even think of it Ron. Please, don't.

• Love 2

The only thing that tells me that Jake is Jason (even though he's not showing any of Jason Morgan's personality), is when Robin showed up as his conscience.

Then again, I have to remind myself who is the head writer of this show, and I have to hand wave those scenes away.

I thought those scenes were really true to what Jason would be thinking. Billy did great with KMc and it was their first time meeting/working together. He's also been saying some nice things about her in interviews.

And, hey, I'll take Billy Miller over 90% of the actors currently on this show. No question about it. It's not his fault what's in the script or what Ron likes or what Frank wants.

• Love 4
(edited)

You know, the only way to SORAS these kids would be to magically do it all at once.  Have Spencer awaken as a 14 year old with an intriguing burn scar, appealingly cute but still insufferable in his own demented way.  Apparently getting burned cures lisps! (Please.)  Emma and Joss enter as the appalling mall rat teenage girls their parents deserve.  And Cameron smolders darkly, channeling his bio father, dreaming of flames.

The lame kiddy stories have got to go.  Teenagers would be much more painful for their parents to deal with, and drive a lot more story with this crew.  It wouldn't be so oddly ooky and unreal like it is now to have love angles between young children.  It's jarring to the viewers (who actually do know what children are like) and the cockles of our hearts are not warmed.  Add some hormones to the mix, show.  If you can't give up your kiddy quad stories, we can live with them if we believe in the characters.  Just get these kids past that nasty old puberty and go for it.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 5

Spencer is not getting SORASed any time soon. They love that kid. And if by some stroke of good fortune the actor got a job elsewhere, I think they're in love with the snotty little kid persona, so they'll just hire some other 10 year old to continue it.

(edited)

I never watched Y&R. I think Billy Miller's is doing well enough with the nothing he's been given. I have seen shades of Jason in some of his scenes with Carly and Liz. I think the writing is at fault for most of this show's problems (except for Tony Geary's scenery chewing, some performers' cosmetic procedures, and MB flubbing his lines so often). It's like Ron has good ideas but lacks the discipline (and to be fair, sometimes he lacks the budget) to correctly execute them, so instead, he goes for the campy, over-the-top nonsense, because it's more fun to write than a well structured story.

Case in point: the custody hearing. Yesterday, when the judge was calling Ric out for his hypocrisy over conflict of interest, I enjoyed it for about 5 seconds, but then I recognized the judge's lines for what they are -- an ass-covering for the writing (and small budget). He knew fans would yell, "Conflict of interest," so he hung a lantern on that. The thing is, there is a difference between an attorney and a judge. Michael knows Alexis's conflicts of interest and chose to hire her, anyhow (ditto Sonny and Ric). It's different with a judge. Sonny has no say in who is his judge.

Ron wants Michael to be awarded custody. Fine, so do I. But so write a story in which that can logically happen. Bring in a day player to play a high powered Manhattan attorney ELQ keeps on retainer. Have that attorney subpoena Alexis, Carly and Olivia to testify about the great lengths to which they went at one time or another, to keep their kids safe from Sonny. Subpoena Kristina and Morgan, too. Let the attorney treat them as hostile witnesses. Let these kids (and the moms) feel torn about "betraying" Sonny, but write them as refusing to lie, because they can't do that to Michael. And let the moms and kids be evenly split, with some supporting Sonny getting custody, and some supporting Michael. 

Let the attorney work out a shady deal in which Dante can testify that Sonny shot him, without Dante facing perjury charges or losing his job. We already know the police commissioner is crooked. Or hell, make Dante have to suffer some consequences of perjury, because he's not going to lie for Sonny, if it means screwing over his brother.

A story like that would be so much more fulfilling. In my opinion, speaking as a fan who wants Sonny to get a big dose of comeuppance, it would be so satisfying to watch Sonny pay in some way. I would think, too, that the fans who want Sonny to prevail in this custody battle would like that better, too. I'd love to see this custody battle split all of Port Charles into Team Sonny versus Team Michael. And it would be great if it happened NOT while Luke's nonsense is going on.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 16

I just watched yesterday's episode.

Usually I catch up with the thread before posting but regarding this Luke story I just had to get this off of my chest:

Otherwise, just .... no.

And the last thing this storyline needs is more characters. Old and new.

Leave Lucky and Laura out of this cesspool, please.

• Love 2

I would rather the residents of Port Charles be allowed to grow back their brains, regain some dignity, find a bit of purpose and turn this show back into more than just the Sonny Corinthos Hour.

Things got to this point after nearly two decades with Sonny and his family headlining the show nonstop, the thought of that trend continuing just as strongly...I can't think of anything more depressing.

• Love 7
(edited)
And if by some stroke of good fortune the actor got a job elsewhere, I think they're in love with the snotty little kid persona, so they'll just hire some other 10 year old to continue it.

I think Ron and Frank are more enamored with NB than they are with Spencer, so if NB took off, they might decide it was time to SORAS/recast the kiddie set. They have to do it eventually anyway, because luckily for us, there are child-pornography laws that prevent Ron from telling the gross teen-sex stories he undoubtably will want to tell, and he can't used underage actors for them.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Sonny really doesn't give a fuck about Morgan. Oh, who cares if he goes to prison for taking Avery on the run. And why is he acting like Michael is the devil and how dare he go near his daughter.

Carly sticking by Sonny is so gross. But, sadly, not surprising. 

Michael>>>>> his wretched "parents".

• Love 14
(edited)

You just continue being awesome, Michael. Love that Sonny's attempted stall tactics completely failed on Michael, and he said "hell to pay" to the faces of the "parents who love him." "Arrest this son of a bitch" = BEST line of the day. 

Alice can be great (re: Michael and Avery) and hateful (Luke propping) at the same time. But Jane Elliot does great work. 

The nuKiki works, at least in using sense against moronic Morgan. Gotta love how he just blew off Carly's concern about Morgan being an accomplice, is manipulating Morgan's love for him, and has Morgan believing that he and Kiki will never see Avery again if Michael gets hold of her. 

MW is a talented actress, but I still don't feel sorry for Ava. That last line from Silas reminds me of him telling Sam point blank that Danny had cancer.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 13

Spinelli got Nathan to "look over there" so he could escape...even though they were in the smallest apartment in the world where the only thing that could have possibly been over "there" would have been a wall or something hanging on it.

Ron can't write adults, I am sure of this.

Everyone acts like they're still young enough to believe in the bloody Tooth Fairy. Why can't anyone just have some semblance of maturity and common sense and class and...humanity?

Tracy getting her hopes up about another grandchild which isn't really hers is just...I'm sick of seeing Tracy having her heart broken. I am tired of her being played for a fool. Jane, bless her heart, never gives up though. She is the rare class act left on this sinking ship of a show.

Everything to do with terrorLuke, the Nina and the SERIAL KILLER was...there are no words. I want them all dead so very much...so very much.

So Ava has cancer or something else supposedly incurable? How sad...now if only she could give whatever she has to half the town of PC I'd be forever grateful.

• Love 7

We are getting close to the point where Sonny is going to disown Michael and quit saying he loves him, and tells him he is just like his loser father.  I really cannot wait for that moment because it will seal Michael's hatred of Sonny forever.  

Carly is a mystery. I get that she is an idiot when it comes to Sonny, but her first loyalty should always be to her son, and at this point, she should be choosing Michael over Sonny.  Especially as Sonny is saying things like he has to "neutralize" Michael.

• Love 17
But Jane Elliot does great work

Jane wanted to work with TG but not even she can remove the stench from Tony's latest Luke rendition. The camera work in the Quartermaine living room still needs some refinement.  I am still interested in seeing how Ron will be able to integrate Franco and Nina into the rest of the GH population as there is over a year left on their contracts.  This week we got Tracy, Michael, and Ava say not nice things about Sonny Corinthos.  Not a bad week by that measure. 

• Love 5
I really cannot wait for that moment because it will seal Michael's hatred of Sonny forever

Most people who hate Sonny that deeply end up dead or off screen, since I don't see Michael joining either group he will come back over to Sonny's side of things, it's just a matter of time.

Ron is enjoying this way too much to end it anytime soon anyway. Michael is more fixated on Sonny now than ever before and Sonny the same, Ron is enjoying this "epic battle" he seems to think is so grand and amazing that he's come up with.

[H]er first loyalty should always be to her son

Carly is loyal first to herself, it's why she has never once made any effort towards showing Michael a hint of true compassion or understanding over A.J.'s death.

She refuses to view A.J. as anything but the scum of the earth, she refuses to acknowledge Michael developed positive feelings about him despite all her efforts while he was growing up, therefore she won't "concede" the point to A.J. even if it means shutting Michael out. 

Carly is a "mother", and I use that term oh so loosely, only until it inconveniences her. She is for herself first, which is exactly why she is siding with Sonny because she believes that they will always come out on top regardless and Michael will eventually "come around".

• Love 9
I am still interested in seeing how Ron will be able to integrate Franco and Nina into the rest of the GH population as there is over a year left on their contracts.

She'll have the occasional scene with Nathan, and Franco will drop by to irritate Scott every now and then. For Ron, that's "integration." Ron doesn't integrate the characters who should be sharing scenes, so I don't see him doing that with Nina and Franco.

Carly is loyal first to herself

Now and forever.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not a violent person, but I really wanted to see Nathan deck Spinelli today. 

But, Maxie couldn't have had her choice laid out any more clearly for her -- the dork who starts something and then runs away vs. a man who doesn't deliver a well deserved punch to someone who has had one coming for at least 5 years. (I'd love for Ellie to come back for a day just to clarify that the real reason she kicked him out was that she'd grown tired of supporting him, and that "in love with Maxie" was just something she said to him as she was pushing him out the door.)

Maybe Luke will take Franco and Nina to the cave where the Legion of Doom hides and we'll never see any of them again. ( In a more perfect Port Charles, I could see that being Geary's swan song and parting shot: disappearing … and having everyone wonder what happened and if he'll ever return)

Gotta admit, I didn't see the Ava twist coming, and I'd like for her to get a miracle cure; if not that, then maybe she can see Morgan and Kiki wandering around the streets of Manhattan and run up snatch baby Avery. I don't think it would dawn on either of them that she wasn't dead. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 8

Spinelli and Nathan today:

0cXhRq4.gif

Spinelli made me laugh when he went "look, over there!" He's such a jerk not to let Nathan see the stuff though. I really need Dante and Lulu to kick him out.

Good lord, Maxie. I get that she's flustered, but she basically made Spinelli sound like an assaulter. 

Geary was doing that stupid, stupid accent again. It hurts me.

oh come on, how could Tracy and Dante not have been like "yeah yeah Luke LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR MOM IS PREGNANT WITH MY SON'S KID"

poor stupid Morgan. Sonny nor Carly give a shit about him. I would have a lot more sympathy for him, even just a month or two ago if he hadn't been so utterly unsympathetic towards Michael and running him down every chance he got. And I don't even like Michael! But Morgan's been pathetic lately. I am enjoying Michael right now. But I feel about CD the way I did about Greg Vaugan as Lucky, okay actor, but would take a recast if I could get one. Although Chad is a better actor than GV for sure.

Tracy and Morgan need to form some "we take settle for scraps of affection" club.

Today was actually pretty decent, minus Franco/Nina/Luke.

• Love 4

Gotta admit, I didn't see the Ava twist coming, and I'd like for her to get a miracle cure; if not that, then maybe she can see Morgan and Kiki wandering around the streets of Manhattan and run up snatch baby Avery. I don't think it would dawn on either of them that she wasn't dead. 

Oh, she'll get her stupid miracle cure, right after the prison grants a compassionate release and she is free to live the "rest" of her life. Calling it right now. I need to take a shower. Bad enough that Sonny only less than 3 months of prison. 

• Love 6

Oh, she'll get her stupid miracle cure, right after the prison grants a compassionate release and she is free to live the "rest" of her life. Calling it right now. I need to take a shower. Bad enough that Sonny only less than 3 months of prison. 

Yep I hardly think this is a stone or Dominquie type of story.

• Love 2
(edited)

Let the attorney work out a shady deal in which Dante can testify that Sonny shot him, without Dante facing perjury charges or losing his job. We already know the police commissioner is crooked. Or hell, make Dante have to suffer some consequences of perjury, because he's not going to lie for Sonny, if it means screwing over his brother.

At this point though it would be pointless though, because there is no proof. Sonny's lawyer would just argue that Dante is lying for Michael/he was too out of it to remember/his word is worthless because he already said he committed perjury. Unless they could get Olivia to admit that she found Sonny standing over Dante's body.

Much like Sonny's initial arrest, this could have been so much more interesting and taken up a month at least. instead it's all bare bones, rushing towards . . . what, exactly? The Nurses Ball? I have no clue.

I will say for Carly, I really don't think she would feel this strongly about Ava's baby not being raised by Sonny. There is no way on God's green earth Carly would be so thrilled that Sonny had another kid at this point, but I guess it helps she thinks Ava is dead.

And I don't think we're supposed to see Michael as the sole heavy in this. We got sympathetic Tracy today (Jane Elliot is so good in moments like these - and I like Michael best when he's with her - she lends him some gravitas), we had Sonny acting like an irrational idiot, not even letting Avery be taken a day or two with Michael (even Carly pointed out Michael would be good to Avery), and we saw him trying to dragging poor dumb Morgan into a possible crime. Today was much more even handed than it usually is imo, and it was pretty decent.

I think Silas is probably lying to get her to stay put. Maybe. Her dying could possibly explain why she's still so weak.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
Gotta admit, I didn't see the Ava twist coming, and I'd like for her to get a miracle cure

Ava, the murderess who killed for...reasons? Nah. This is perfect. Like Sonny, they should both be in hell rotting away. I fear that genetics may suck the cute out of Avery eventually.

That all said, Ava will live to annoy another day just as Sonny has, because no criminal on this show ever really gets what they so richly deserve.

• Love 6

Yes please do arrest the son of a bitch! I can't wait for Michael to find out Sonny proves his point just by asking Morgan to get on the plane with Avery. It doesn't matter that Morgan could say no, a half way decent parent would never ask such a thing of their kid and Sonny just naturally expects such things from his kids.

Tracy gets giddy when Danny is over? Entertaining Off Screen Show strikes again.

• Love 10

Which one of you snuck into the writer's room and wrote Tracy & Michael's dialogue today? It was definitely ripped from this board (and its predecessor).

• Love 8

I don't understand how Sonny thinks

Just stop there and you're good. We're all in the same boat about that issue I am willing to bet.

Sonny doesn't "think", ever.

He snarls, he growls, he stutters, he stumbles, he fumbles, he mumbles, he murmurs, he whispers, he shouts, he dyes his beard badly, he glares at people taller than him, he throws bar ware, he owns a "coffee business" only, he cheats on everyone in his life, he likes shooting unarmed people, he doesn't like taking his meds, he hates small spaces and for the life of him he can't find the goddamn towels.

But think? Who has time for that? Certainly not Sonny "I use my brain the same way I use condoms, which is never" Corinthos.

• Love 14

I don't understand how Sonny thinks that he will get away with shipping Avery off to his island with Morgan of all people.

It's not like Michael doesn't know where the island is. There are ways for Michael to get to Avery on the island as well while the court makes Sonny sit in jail. Former military guys can be hired to go into places with no jurisdiction and retrieve kids. Michael's got q money -- he can go just as long as Sonny can. I wonder if this is going to lead to Michael now going after Sonny's businesses. If he dries up Sonny's businesses, Sonny won't have the money to continue to fight.

Honestly, this just demonstrates the ridiculousness of Sonny. Michael is not going to feed Avery to the Q family for dinner and Ric said he was going to appeal. Now by ignoring the court order, Michael has more ammunition to prove Sonny's lack of parental skills. Where is Ric anyway? He should have been there for the transfer to prevent Sonny from further damaging his case.

I am surprised they are letting Micheal go this hard at Sonny. We know they are not going to kill Micheal off and some of the things that are happening now are going to be difficult to walk back. It feels like ---while I know it's not permanent -- this rift is going to extend for longer than I expected. I am enjoying it.

I guess CD needed to be angry at Sonny to become hot because he has been pretty damn hot since the wedding from hell.

• Love 14