Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny is just the worst. What's his plan, keep Avery in New York with what a nanny? (Unless he is expecting Morgan and Kiki to aide him) than let her go to a safe home with her brother?

I get that he isn't happy about the result, but Michael isn't an enemy. Why not just chill and let Ric appeal.

Though honestly Ric saying he could appeal and stop the decision within a couple of hours?? The Port Charles justice system is ridiculous.

Michael is the best. Everything about him is wonderful. His "I just did"? I swooned.

I do not understand Maxie's conflict. Has she seen Nathan? Has she seen Spinelli?? Looks aren't everything, but Nathan has a chin. A fully sized chin! 

Franco Baldwin is the stupidest name. The pop culture references need to be limited at minimum to one per episode. 

Ugh Bobbie. I agree with tvgoddess, I prefer Lucy. And Bobbie's face makes me a little sad. 

On another shallow note, Illene Kristen I think looks great! I think the actresses who were based in New York always received better work.

And don't forget Nathan has a job and works unlike Spin who has been mooching for almost all his adult life.

• Love 7
(edited)

Did anyone mention Lucky at all? I admit to muting some of the Luke stuff from embarrassment. But really. "Okay, dad has gone fucking batshit crazy. Let's not call Lucky and tell him!"

Scotty told Hannibal Lewq-ter he was going to make sure Laura "heard about this". And Helena mentioned Laura a few weeks ago when she was strolling the docks in her White Queen furs. But the only time Lucky has been mentioned during this entire story was when Tracy said his name along with Laura & Lulu right after she caught Lewq with Helena.

As I have said repeatedly, I do not understand how they can tell this story with Laura & Lucky. Obviously JJ is not available, so bring in a recast. Genie is available; pay her a respectable rate and helicopter her to the damn set!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I thought Tracy look fab, that coat was awesome and her hair is a vast improvemet.

Scotty's Gremlins hair always annoys me but I thought he was kind of funny today about the ear stuff.

Much as this Avery custody stuff was so ridiculously set up I did think the stuff today was terribly soapy. I LOL at all the conflicts of interest. That ruling doesn't have a snowball's chance of sticking. I do think Sonny is cute when he is all angry and threatening. I just don't find him scary. The writing is on the wall that Michael will regret what he's done soon.

Silas today was kinda sexy in his black jacket and cursing.  Plus ME being adorable with Avery behind MW back almost did me in. That baby is da bomb.

There aren't enough words for Silence of the Lukes.....if only he truely were silenced, I'd even forgive Franco's rip off line if he really would kill Luke.

Franco and Nina have their moments when they aren't acting like total idots. They do have chemistry but this story is the bottom of the barrel below the bottom of the barrel. I'm embarassed for RoHo and MSt for having to try and sell that garbage. Now they are being tied to the Luke nightmare. oye!

• Love 5
Of course he lies about Avery's whereabouts. I guess he figures Morgan will just do his bidding? He's now looking at Michael the way he used to look at AJ.

I so want the Judge to throw his ass in jail if he doesn't produce her immediately.  

I won't even dignify the Luke/Scottie/Franco/Nina crap.  Lord. I'm beyond embarrassed that I watch this shit.  

• Love 6

I can't stand Johnny b/c he acts like a smarmy young punk. And guess what. The only clips of Sonny I've watched that I totally think he is a smarmy thug are young Sonny running the strip club and forcing <some girl who's name I can't remember> to strip. That is totally who Johnny reminds me of.  So this was my UCG of the night b/c I know how much you loathe Sonny. LOL<wink>

In fairness, and you had to know you'd hear this from me, Johnny never actually forced anyone to strip. Sonny's still the champ there. ;-)

• Love 11

WTF did I even just watch? The Luke stuff was just beyond the pale. So embarrassing.

Aint it the gods truth??? This farce of a soap has got me fast forwarding and, I swear, sometimes I just delete the whole episode. The names of the actors are the same, but the characters have ALL changed. What happened? Where the hell did they go?? 

• Love 5
(edited)
I can't stand Johnny b/c he acts like a smarmy young punk. And guess what. The only clips of Sonny I've watched that I totally think he is a smarmy thug are young Sonny running the strip club and forcing <some girl who's name I can't remember> to strip. That is totally who Johnny reminds me of.  So this was my UCG of the night b/c I know how much you loathe Sonny. LOL<wink>

In fairness, and you had to know you'd hear this from me, Johnny never actually forced anyone to strip. Sonny's still the champ there. ;-)

Johnny actually did own a strip club though. Strooker worked there. I remember one day Johnny was just like randomly "oh yeah I own that joint!"

Scotty told Hannibal Lewq-ter he was going to make sure Laura "heard about this". And Helena mentioned Laura a few weeks ago when she was strolling the docks in her White Queen furs. But the only time Lucky has been mentioned during this entire story was when Tracy said his name along with Laura & Lulu right after she caught Lewq with Helena.

As I have said repeatedly, I do not understand how they can tell this story with Laura & Lucky. Obviously JJ is not available, so bring in a recast. Genie is available; pay her a respectable rate and helicopter her to the damn set!

Oh I knew about past references but I just meant today, when they know Luke is crazy and is actually in the damn asylum and being dressed up as Hannibal Lector.

And yes, recast Lucky, fire Stafford and Howarth, and offer friggin Genie Francis their combined salaries. Or Tony's schedule or whatever she wants, just get her here already.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
Lucky and Ethan aren't mentioned at all.

I'm fine with Ethan never being mentioned again.

Scotty told Hannibal Lewq-ter he was going to make sure Laura "heard about this".

That's what Scott does, whether Laura is there or not. Luke does the same. 

• Love 6
(edited)

And yes, recast Lucky, fire Stafford and Howarth, and offer friggin Genie Francis their combined salaries. Or Tony's schedule or whatever she wants, just get her here already.

Here, here.  Genie's return would be the only thing to get me off the barge to watch this crapapalooza.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 3
(edited)

Lollll. So true.

I can see it now, Franco talking to Lulu and questioning her about the brother who is a werewolf and married to a vampire.

RC would do it.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Actually when Sonny forced AJ to give up his parental rights to Michael so Carly and Michael could leave the Q mansion Sonny used straight up plain blackmail. He used the fact that AJ hired an arsonist to burn down the warehouse to make Jason look like an unfit parent as leverage threatening jail time. AJ caved like a house of cards.

And Sonny did this for Carly and Sonny's own unborn child. The Qs were forcing Carly to stay at thier house or lose Michael that this was the only way Sonny could get them free.

And why exactly was Michael and carley staying at the Q's seems I remember she married him to get his inheritence. She drugged him poured booze over him, she wanted to live and have Michael also live with the mob. Carley and Sonny pushed AJ to do lots of things. Plus Carley went back to *visit Lila* ? then to rub it in she was pregnant with Satan sonnys sperm, then her temper made her fall down the stairs, Carley and Sonny both took exactly what they wanted. It will be justice when Michael takes Avery and raises her in the Q mansion. End of story!JMO
  • Love 10

Trouble is, Franco is the last name. At least under RoHo's version, it was said his name was Robert Frank. So the whole name makes no sense, anyway. And poor Scotty. No one deserves that freak as a spawn.

I will never accept that one of that freak's names is Robert. There is only one real Robert on GH, dammit!!

Also, before there was Sonny, Robert's old WSB partner OReilly used to call him Sonny. I resent Sonny for stealing that nickname, too.

• Love 1

Yeah, Geary we get it - you're so brilliant.  If only they'd keep that mask on him permanently.

At first I thought that all the Fluke-Luke-Puke action was taking place offstage because the Show was admitting, finally, that TG didn't have any more acting arrows in his dramatic quiver; he had wasted all his pearls before us "swine" audience. Whether or not that tragic nadir has been reached, revealing Luke trussed up like Hannibal Lecter was bound to give our jaded palates a momentary frisson of remembered fear. Recalling the famous modern cannibal, a second immediate concern of mine was: "Is it Halloween already?"

Now that Tony has chewed up all the scenery, it seems that he has turned cannibal on the characters. Don't you know that Franco is kicking himself for not thinking of it first?

• Love 3

So I guess Silas will convince Ava to leave Avery behind which will allow Sonny to do his stupid game-playing with Michael. I wonder if Michael will have Sonny arrested for kidnapping when Sonny doesn't give up Avery's whereabouts. I could get behind that. I'm really for anything where Sonny loses…unless it involves Luke. I don't need to see him ever again.

• Love 10

So I guess Silas will convince Ava to leave Avery behind which will allow Sonny to do his stupid game-playing with Michael. I wonder if Michael will have Sonny arrested for kidnapping when Sonny doesn't give up Avery's whereabouts. I could get behind that. I'm really for anything where Sonny loses…unless it involves Luke. I don't need to see him ever again.

I hope it doesn't go on too long.  Another baby in danger storyline......no....

Whatever happens, it seems certain that Morgan will be Sonny's stooge once again, and give Michael even more of a reason to mock him.  And I bet we get to see Michael and NuKiki interact around this too.  How lucky can we get?

So if Morgan is Sonny's Stooge, do you think he's Moe, Larry, Curly, or that sometimes Stooge, Shemp?  

I vote for Shemp.

• Love 7

Dang it, I so want a mention of Lucky, anything that will make him less of a dead beat dad. Lucky is really needed for this crazy Fluke story and I don't care if it is a recast.

• Love 4
(edited)
Is Show turning Sonny into A.J.?

Only if they intended to paint Sonny as a losing loser who always loses and I don't see them doing anything of the sort, especially with this court battle.

Sonny has the support of nearly everyone in town during this "difficult time", that is a far cry from how A.J. was often treated and talked about, even after death.

Even Alexis was getting on Michael's case during the custody battle, arguing Sonny's position and supposed "love for his kids", because who hasn't at this point, and when it was all said and done she made sure to twist the knife before walking off, leaving Michael with a legal verdict and not much else.

And this is PC after all, when was the last time anything that happened in a courtroom ended up mattering anyway? Sonny has never accepted being controlled by the rules or by the law, why the hell would he start now.

He has no respect for anyone or anything, and he cares only for himself, there's no way a judge or court of law will ever dictate to Sonny how he lives his life. 

If anything this is all setting up in Sonny's favour. It's painting him as a "victim" not a villain, imho, because this is exactly the same kind of bullshit Guza often pulled with Sonny and Ron has proven he can't do any better, only worse, it's why Sonny got his pardon after barely enough time in prison to order a poster for his cell wall.

Sonny "suffers" for a week and everyone feels bad and gathers round him to show support and love and then bam, he's right back to getting his ass kissed as if nothing ever happened.

Sonny isn't losing a damn thing. he's certainly not getting a "loser" edit in the way A.J. continually did, not even close, he's merely being set up to "win" as usual, imo.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 10
(edited)

Never in a million years did I think I would ever be happy to see Judge Walker or that I would literally be applauding him. The latter actually went on for a minute or two, disturbing my cats from their umpteenth nap. Yeah, you just go on with your big, bad, inability to locate towels or carry women upstairs self, and file your little appeal, Sonny. Surprised my eyes didn't roll out of my head. Oh, and shut it, Alexis! Why can't there be at least one fucking person--ONSCREEN--who is completely and unequivocally on Michael's side??

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 16

Paging Mark Lawson. ....

There's a wee police officer needed.

I do LOVE this actor.  He could play a recast Lulu or Maxie for all I care, as long as we have him.

On second thought, the idea of him and Det. Kitty pledging their undying love.......yeah, I could live with that....

• Love 7

I cannot get over the lines Sonny and Carly said to Michael (of all people) about the right to raise one's biological child.  Why did their heads not explode?   Does Ron not know what was written in the show before he started?  Or did he knowingly give them these lines to show us that they are both hypocrites of the highest order?  LOL.  Sonny has a right to raise the child because she is biologically his?  LOL.  Where did he get that idea?  Oh, it is him now.  Now it's different.  

• Love 15

Johnny actually did own a strip club though. Strooker worked there. I remember one day Johnny was just like randomly "oh yeah I own that joint!"

[Nitpicking]Owning a strip club doesn't automatically mean that Johnny forced anyone to work there. Even the strooker. :-) [/Nitpicking]

• Love 7
(edited)

Sorry, but we at PTV cannot condone alcohol poisoning. :-)

LOL!  My apologies.  I should've realized the dangers of such a game with a rampant violator such as RC at the keyboard.

She's sleeping with Julian who she knows ordered a hit on Michael and who is the reason she's homeless and attacking Michael over his choices? If Sonny's house gets blown up like hers while that baby is with Michael, Michael did the right thing. 

Not to mention she was just as awful in Maxie's case, she did nothing to help her over Judge Walters. She sucks as a custody lawyer.

I've said it before and I'll probably never stop saying it:  In a town full of hypocrites, Alexis is the worst.  Why MIchael didn't fire her butt for her weak as water support of his case, knowing Sonny as she does and with her own history of baby hiding, is a complete mystery to me.

Having him so dumb as to agree to secretly work as an undercover person for a threatening, pugnacious commissioner would indicate new Jason is none too bright though.  He indicated to Elizabeth that he's aware that he's, AGAIN, under someone else's control, so this is a really bad and tired plotline when they could have chosen a storyline that had him showing some basic smarts.

Instead, they'd rather bore us with a passive, easily-used Jason.

Jakeson's been made so perfect, in his words and deeds, he's practically invisible on the canvas he's so bland.  But now we must witness his continued suffering through the machinations of others.  They might as well annoint him martyr as well as saint.

Sonny is such a petulant ass. This is really the first time he's lost in a custody case and he's showing how much of a sore loser he is. What the hell does he think Michael is going to do to Avery? Eat her? It would be one thing if this was Ava or something or a sworn enemy, but he knows Michael wouldn't do anything to hurt her. So listen to your lawyer, hand her over, and wait for the appeal. But, no, Sonny refuses to be outmaneuvered by anyone.

Exactly.  It's not about love of his children for him; it's all about control and power and possession.  I truly cannot wait for the day we find out Sonny is not Avery's father. (Don't let me down on this, writers!)  But, at this point, I no longer want the baby to be Morgan's.  He doesn't deserve her, either.  I'm all for a Surprise!Twist third party as father.  It'd never happen, but I'd love it if it were A.J.  Hey, Ava liked him.  She said so, more than once.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 12

I can see it now, Franco talking to Lulu and questioning her about the brother who is a werewolf and married to a vampire.

Heh. He plays a werewolf? I guess ol' Teethan has found his niche.

• Love 3

I'm a wee bit freaked out.

I had a nightmare last night that Luke went around just freaking biting people. It was people in Port Charles, but damn. I'm just glad he didn't get Micheal Quartermaine. I woke up before I could see.

Tell me it's ok and Cookie comes and beats his ass with a broom handle. These damn cops are not doing anything. I need Cookie and Lucious in here.

• Love 5

For all I know, Genie could be a total ego-maniac who has refused Frank's reasonable and fair offers. But the impression I've always gotten is that all she ever wanted was parity with Tony, particularly when it came to time off.

Given the amount of dark weeks (I believe one of the actors, Tyler maybe, said they're only taping less than 40 weeks per year), and the easy built-in story excuse for Laura to be off-screen for months at a time I don't see what the issue is.

I think what baffles me the most is that Frank appears to pass out contracts like Halloween candy, except when it comes true GH vets.

• Love 3

I cannot get over the lines Sonny and Carly said to Michael (of all people) about the right to raise one's biological child.  Why did their heads not explode?   Does Ron not know what was written in the show before he started?  Or did he knowingly give them these lines to show us that they are both hypocrites of the highest order?  LOL.  Sonny has a right to raise the child because she is biologically his?  LOL.  Where did he get that idea?  Oh, it is him now.  Now it's different.  

That's pretty much Sonny and Carly's rule for everything - it's different when it will get them what they want, whether its a kid or a ham sandwich. That might or might not be an exaggeration.

• Love 10

Oh I knew about past references but I just meant today, when they know Luke is crazy and is actually in the damn asylum and being dressed up as Hannibal Lector.

Add in fire Easton and I'm yours forever.

Here, here.  Genie's return would be the only thing to get me off the barge to watch this crapapalooza.

I like Genie even though I never thought she or Laura were amazing, but LAURA SHOULD BE THERE! Luke without Laura would have been a dayplayer thug who died young in a flurry of bullets.

• Love 7

For all I know, Genie could be a total ego-maniac who has refused Frank's reasonable and fair offers. But the impression I've always gotten is that all she ever wanted was parity with Tony, particularly when it came to time off.

Given the amount of dark weeks (I believe one of the actors, Tyler maybe, said they're only taping less than 40 weeks per year), and the easy built-in story excuse for Laura to be off-screen for months at a time I don't see what the issue is.

I think what baffles me the most is that Frank appears to pass out contracts like Halloween candy, except when it comes true GH vets.

You know I probally could even buy the vets are too expensive to put on contract if they hadn't given contracts to Roho MS,MW,ME BM and resigned MB you know he makes more than the recurring old vets

• Love 2

Tell me it's ok and Cookie comes and beats his ass with a broom handle. These damn cops are not doing anything. I need Cookie and Lucious in here.

Speaking of Empire, it's interesting that the show is receiving a lot of praise for its portrayal of bi-polar, while this show has been laughed at for its portrayal of it. Now I don't know anyone who is bi-polar, or rather if someone I know is I don't know about it. So I can't comment as to whether one portrayal is accurate and the other is not. But, I think would daytime with the ability to hit every story beat would be the perfect venue for a bi-polar story.

In fact, the daytime medium should be and used to be the perfect venue for relevant social issues in general. I do not understand why the modern batch of writers and producers seem to fail epically whenever any social issue is touched upon. They either rush through the story in days and skip nearly all the beats, or its written so sloppily that it comes across as an acme cartoon. What makes it worse is that the time that could have been used to flesh out those beats, or at least hit them, is spent re-basing the same plot and dialogue over and over and over again.

• Love 4

You know I probally could even buy the vets are too expensive to put on contract if they hadn't given contracts to Roho MS,MW,ME BM and resigned MB you know he makes more than the recurring old vets

I don't have as much trouble with re-signing Mo and even signing BM since he is a recast of an actual GH character, but I do have a problem with the others. I'd much rather seen RiH on contract over any of the other three. Those three are just Frank and Ron thinking they can one up everybody else.

• Love 2

I am a little behind in watching but just a couple random comments. I really like new Kiki already which is impressive because the young ones I take awhile to warm up to, but holy she is tall compared to the other one! NLG should lay off the botox asap, she looks absolutely horrid and she is a pretty lady without it. I am enjoying Spixie again. Jason reveal really needs to happen soon, I am losing interest quickly. The less said about the Luke mess the better ditto for Sonny and Carly, they are so manipulative, gah! 

Wow Carly getting indignant over Michael using Q methods - like money and power.  I just can't.  Sonny and Carly are just to the point of absurdity to me with their lack of awareness.  Its comical.  Its why I loved and miss AJ.  The man had his issues but he didn't live in a world of his own.

I liked Sonny showing his true colors when he seethed the word "Michael" after the verdict.  Yeah Sonny, prove Michael (and AJ and the Qs) completely right about you.  

I loved the judge going on about how incestuous that courtroom was.  Its ridiculous.  

I have zero use for Alexis.  Although to be fair I pretty much have zero use for the majority of these characters.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just hate when men tell women how the women feel. Because God forbid she use her puny woman brain to know her own feelings. And the dude is almost always right. It's gross, IMO. And Spinelli's tendency to be passive-aggressive often just makes it worse.

Except when women are playing games, then they deserve to be told what they feel.  As a woman myself, I hate when women play the coy angle.  Elizabeth does it all the freaking time!!  She pretends that she's not dating one guy while interested in another.  She does the whole "Who me?" thing to death.  She refuses to tell Ric that she's interested in Jake even though it's so obvious.  So he has to call her out on it.  She says nothing, and then goes straight to Jake to tell HIM that "Yes, I have feelings for you.  Maxie is now doing the same with Nathan and Spinelli.  Pick one!!  

It really was. Like Michael was legitimately sexy there. They need to bring Brenda back now so they can fuck for real because it might legit work now (as opposed to just being funny as hell) since he's bringing the sexy.

OMG, I so want Brenda back.  I want Michael to bang her brains out so that Carly's head will explode (and it WILL explode).  There is no one on planet earth that Carly hates more than Brenda.  So for Brenda to sleep with Michael, it will send Carly into the stratosphere of hell.  As for Sonny, knowing his "love" slept with his son will make Brenda dead to him - even though he screwed Ava, his other son's girlfriend.  Brenda won't care that Sonny hates her.  She shouldn't anyway.  Brenda has to return even if it's just a short visit.

For those of us who know Y&R the problem with Jake is he is Billy Abbott about 3/4 of the time. I do think it is b/c BM isn't getting enough direction so he is playing what he knows....lovable screw-up. And from what I can gleen that was never Jason.

Yep, from what I've heard from Y&R fans, he is playing BIlly Abbott.  He can't seem to play Jason at all, and I don't think it's about direction.  It's not like people don't know who the character of Jason Morgan is, and BM had to do some research before taking the role.  From what I've read of an interview with BM and RC, they wanted to completely revamp Jason Morgan to play to BM's strengths, which to me, means completely decimating and destroying the character just so that another actor can play the part more comfortably.  That's BS.  Either take the role because you can play the part or don't take it at all.  A legacy GH character shouldn't be destroyed because the recast can't play him.  

It's Billy's fault he does that weird grimace though. :runs:

YES - what the hell is that??  It annoys.

I get that he isn't happy about the result, but Michael isn't an enemy. Why not just chill and let Ric appeal.

You're being too logical and thinking rationally.  Sonny can't stand that he lost.  Forget that it would be smart to just appeal and have the decision overturned.  He LOST.  It's about losing, and Sonny's ego can't take losing, and especially if that loss involves a possession.

Acting honors today go to Michael Easton.  The way he bellowed "SON OF A BITCH!!!" when he discovered Ava missing was hilarious.

Agreed.  Putting Silas with Ava has done wonders for him, and making him a bit of a bad boy (breaking the law) is also good for his character.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

I cannot get over the lines Sonny and Carly said to Michael (of all people) about the right to raise one's biological child.  Why did their heads not explode?   Does Ron not know what was written in the show before he started?  Or did he knowingly give them these lines to show us that they are both hypocrites of the highest order?  LOL.  Sonny has a right to raise the child because she is biologically his?  LOL.  Where did he get that idea?  Oh, it is him now.  Now it's different.  

I really want this to have been written purposely to show what unbelievable hypocrites they are.  I've been thinking that this whole blowout between Michael and Sonny/ Carly is *not* to paint Michael as the villain and Sonny as the hero.  The stuff coming out of Sonny and Carly's mouths has been even more hypocritical and lacking all self-awareness than usual, and it seems intentional, like with all the "biological child" crap yesterday.  And yes, Michael is all alone with no one on his side, but that's sort of making him even more of the hero - trying to do what's right in the face of everyone he knows telling him not to.  It just seems like Sonny and Carly, and even Alexis and several other people, have been sooooo over the top and hypocritical that it has to be intentional, rather than just the usual shitty writing.

• Love 14

Great episode.  GH has been so on point lately.  Using the show's history, their great cast of characters, weaving the stories together to create some great stories.  I've been enjoying the show so much lately.  Just some fabulous stuff all around.  Great acting, writing and storytelling.  So many different points of view for different fans of different characters, different shades of gray.  Theirs snark, there's real emotion.  Just some fantastic soap.  Love it.

Quick! Knock on wood before you jinx yourself by putting this out in the universe!!

So we've switched gears from epic tragedy to satire/"comedic" pop culture reference of both film and television?   [insert eye roll gif here] 

(Is Tony Geary trying to create a demo reel of his range or something? Dude, take your money, go back to the Netherlands and live a comfy life. Enough of this.)

I was laughing watching Michael Easton go back and fourth being all smiley and playing with the baby and then serious face for the scene. I couldn't even guess what Ava and her mom were saying to each other. (I'm not sure ME could say for sure either) 

• Love 4

Speaking of Empire, it's interesting that the show is receiving a lot of praise for its portrayal of bi-polar, while this show has been laughed at for its portrayal of it. Now I don't know anyone who is bi-polar, or rather if someone I know is I don't know about it. So I can't comment as to whether one portrayal is accurate and the other is not. But, I think would daytime with the ability to hit every story beat would be the perfect venue for a bi-polar story.

In fact, the daytime medium should be and used to be the perfect venue for relevant social issues in general. I do not understand why the modern batch of writers and producers seem to fail epically whenever any social issue is touched upon. They either rush through the story in days and skip nearly all the beats, or its written so sloppily that it comes across as an acme cartoon. What makes it worse is that the time that could have been used to flesh out those beats, or at least hit them, is spent re-basing the same plot and dialogue over and over and over again.

This has been one of my complaints as a fan of the show and a bipolar sufferer. I have my ups and downs with MB/Sonny and how he plays his bipolar in the character, but my biggest objection and criticism has always been to all the enablers  and the fact that none of the doctors: Not Robin, who actually cared for Sonny at one point, or Patrick, or KEVIN or any of them have ever called Carly and Alexis and others to task for enabling Sonny

If my support system allowed me to act the way Sonny acts I would either be King of the World or living on a cell block.

• Love 3
(edited)

Genie Francis in tears is mainly what I remember about the actress. She could cry, and did. If brought back now, Laura would cry until Luke/Fluke became sane again.

But I don't feel that Genie/Laura is really needed or intended for this sl going on with Luke now. He's already got a wife--Tracy. Crying is not in Tracy's repertoire. The Show is diving for a deeper reason for Luke's current predicament. And Tracy's character and personality are much more suited to it, whatever the denouement.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

A legacy GH character shouldn't be destroyed because the recast can't play him.

BM can play anything, and has. He said in the only interview I've seen that because of the amnesia, he is a completely different person right now. He Isn't Jason because he doesn't know he's Jason. He's Jake, and Jake has no idea who he is. Plus, this is how FrankenRon want him to act. He's not improvising, he's not yukking it up because he feels like it. He's doing what he's being directed to do. I hate the story and wish it would speed along, but I won't blame Billy.

• Love 8

I loved the trial. Loved Michael winning. It was good soap! Also enjoyed the Spinelli/Maxie argument. FF'd Nina/Robert Frank and tried to ignore Ava, concentrating on Delia and Silas.

FFS, Ron, what movie *won't* you use to prop Fluke? So fucking dumb. So *not* menacing - not with that mop of white hair on top of the mask! Ugh.

Is Kin going to have to wear a prosthetic ear now?

• Love 1

He's already got a wife--Tracy. Crying is not in Tracy's repertoire. The Show is diving for a deeper reason for Luke's current predicament. And Tracy's character and personality are much more suited to it, whatever the denouement.

It has taken me a long time to come to accept that Tracy is at least right now the wife Luke needs and I can live without Laura in this storyline (Though she should be on the show....I had come to kind of like her latest marriage to Scott and could have grown to like them as an anchor couple)  Ethan and Lucky, especially Lucky, who since the divorce from Laura has been Luke's moral compass (and SHOULD be the moral compass for the show) do need to be there even if both roles need to be recast.  I know lots of folks resent Ethan but he exists and Luke not having his Sons there is stupid

• Love 3
(edited)

Acting honors today go to Michael Easton.  The way he bellowed "SON OF A BITCH!!!" when he discovered Ava missing was hilarious.

Thats what I bellow every time  I see Tony Geary on screen!!!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 6

BM can play anything, and has. He said in the only interview I've seen that because of the amnesia, he is a completely different person right now. He Isn't Jason because he doesn't know he's Jason. He's Jake, and Jake has no idea who he is. Plus, this is how FrankenRon want him to act. He's not improvising, he's not yukking it up because he feels like it. He's doing what he's being directed to do. I hate the story and wish it would speed along, but I won't blame Billy.

I know people keep saying he can play anything, but I'm not seeing it.  The interview I read (Michael Fairman) said that they deliberately are making him a different character because RC wants to play to BM's strengths - mainly his comedy - which has NEVER been in Jason Morgan's wheelhouse.  Not ever.  In addition, RC said that because Jake is suppose to have amnesia, they can essentially rewrite the character to their whim.  RC flat out said it, and BM concurred.

Yes, much has to do with the writing, but BM is also to blame.  He is just not credible at all as Jason Morgan.  I see Billy Abbott.  That's all I see.

• Love 3

He is just not credible at all as Jason Morgan.  I see Billy Abbott.  That's all I see.

I have never seen him on YnR (I left that show when Snapper did) but I agree he is not credible as either Jason M or Jason Q. And if I thought that Ron could pull off a third personality I would not mind seeing it, but what I am afraid of is that Ron will say "oh no this is Jason M" and we will all be like No, No it's not.  I am almost ready for this Jason to honor his birth mother and refer to himself as Jason Moore (while still loving Monica as his Mom) just to make it clear to every one he is not either of the two men they knew

• Love 4
I've said it before and I'll probably never stop saying it:  In a town full of hypocrites, Alexis is the worst.  Why MIchael didn't fire her butt for her weak as water support of his case, knowing Sonny as she does and with her own history of baby hiding, is a complete mystery to me.

True, I do not get her attitude.  One, she was representing Michael.  Two, she had a child with Sonny herself, who has been endangered.  I would understand if it was from the viewpoint that he is young and is he sure he wants the responsibility.  Or even that this war with Sonny thing might get to him and negatively affect Avery.  But really, because he's going to feel guilty because he's depriving Sonny of his rights?  At least Michael mentioned the meathook.  

• Love 9