Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As to the corpse in the basement, why the heck did Dante think it was Luke?  Just because it was wearing an orange "Inmate" jumpsuit from Miscavige?  What did he think killed Luke to make him look like that?  And that didn't destroy his clothes?

Yeah, that was one clean spiffy bright orange jump suit on a ratty old corpse. I'd say someone dressed it up especially for the occasion. How festive.

• Love 1

Monica not being at a party for a clinic being built in her murdered son's honor continues to bug, as does the Monica look-a-like with the front row seat, and I don't even like Monica. An egregious absence, even for guys trying to put on a show for cheap.

As to the corpse in the basement, why the heck did Dante think it was Luke? Just because it was wearing an orange "Inmate" jumpsuit from Miscavige? What did he think killed Luke to make him look like that?

Though, didn't Helena tell Fluke she took care of what was in the basement when he was worried that Dante was headed over there? Which means... what? She took what was really in the basement and replaced it with the corpse? Or what? Confuzzled, is I, on this point. But, I'm still on the Fluke is Luke train, be it via DID, brainwashing, pure looniness, what have you.

I feel the same way you do re: Monica. But maybe it was a good thing she wasn't there. Like someone said, they may have taken it into their minds to kill her, or pettily have her face burnt, have her have plastic surgery, and then make jokes about how bad it is in the script.

I think Dante thinks Luke's been dead ever since last year. I dunno if a body would look like that just a year later. I assume he thinks it's Luke cause it doesn't occur to him the the real Luke would do all this and Bill Eckert is the most likliest explanation.

I think Helena meant getting the place condemned when she said it was taken care of.

re: Nathan, given the way he was fussing, I'm surprised he didn't yell in Lulu's face, "I LOVE HIM MORE DAMMIT. WHO WAS AT DANTE'S BEDSIDE TONIGHT, HUH?? ME, NOT YOU."

Need I remind you what town we are in? Two words - status quo.

I think the status quo of the town is idiocy, not being pretentious assholes.

• Love 3

I thought Sonny, Carly, Alexis, Julian, Patrick, Jason, Brenda, Tracy, Ava, Silas, Nina, Franco, Scotty, Bobbie, etc were pretentious assholes.

The only characters not pretentious assholes might be um Jax and Olivia and Dante and Johnny. Mostly because Jax is above everyone, period. Dante and Johnny are super awesome. Olivia can't be pretentious because pasta. That's my argument and I'm holding to it. Everyone else- pretentious asshole. Well, exclude Laura from that. But Laura is basically "who is that person" now in Ron GH.

• Love 4

I did fast forward over Fluke's rant at Dante using Lulu's phone so I might have missed something but what I think I saw was Fluke destroying Lulu's phone so she couldn't talk to Dante.  And I know Dante's phone died so he couldn't call anyone else but did Fluke know that Dante's phone died?  If not, why wouldn't he assume that Dante would have just called someone else.  I don't get it.

Also, for all of Fluke's ranting about incompetence and having to do everything himself, it turned out he was fairly incompetent.  He didn't restrain Dante in case he woke up and he left Dante's phone so Dante could call for help.  The next time he gives someone a hard time about screwing up, I hope they point out "hey, didn't I see Dante walking around all not blown up?"

• Love 6

I sincerely hope that Helena Cassadine knows Luke is mentally off and is screwing with his head by pretending to be an ally because she just hates everyone and is really TeamCertainCassadines at the end of the day. Like, all these screw ups are done on purpose because if not I just can't deal. The town brain is dead. It died with good taste and common sense. I hear it killed itself from overexposure to gray paint.

• Love 1

I think the status quo of the town is idiocy, not being pretentious assholes.

While I agree with you that Luke's various attempts at an accent - any accent - are utterly ridic, its just part of the pretentiousness of Sonny pretending to be a coffee importer, Franco pretending to be an artist, and The Nina pretending to be from Earth.

• Love 5

RE: Monica, since Leslie Charleston is recurring she can say no to Uncle Frank. I've decided that she accidentally watched the show one day, and when Uncle Frank called her to appear in the boat episodes, she turned him down in favor of shovelling horse shit on her ranch.

• Love 7

Also, for all of Fluke's ranting about incompetence and having to do everything himself, it turned out he was fairly incompetent.  He didn't restrain Dante in case he woke up and he left Dante's phone so Dante could call for help.  The next time he gives someone a hard time about screwing up, I hope they point out "hey, didn't I see Dante walking around all not blown up?"

Right?! I've been saying that for a while now every time he blathers about the incompetency of his minions. And not only did he not do all the stuff you just mentioned, he didn't even lock the basement door again! I was expecting Nathan to take off his shirt and kick the door open, but nope, he just strolled right on in there.

I wish Tracy had came back and just pushed Luke into the water while he was warbling about human kindling.

While I agree with you that Luke's various attempts at an accent - any accent - are utterly ridic, its just part of the pretentiousness of Sonny pretending to be a coffee importer, Franco pretending to be an artist, and The Nina pretending to be from Earth.

I wouldn't call that pretentiousness though - except for maybe Franco's being an artist. Again, it's more with the idiocy. :) 

• Love 4

I was expecting Nathan to take off his shirt and kick the door open, but nope, he just strolled right on in there.

I was slightly disappointed that Nathan kept his shirt on the whole show. Didn't he need to make a tourniquet or something?

I wish Tracy had came back and just pushed Luke into the water while he was warbling about human kindling.

I don't know whether to marry this post or shoot it in the head. Badass Tracy should have broke Luke like a twig.

• Love 3

I wonder if Ron reset the Fluke "story" because he thinks this is good storytelling or if he's stalling because he has no idea how to resolve things.

This is exactly what he's doing. He has no idea who Fluke is yet so keeps trying to make things shocking to prolong our agony. This should have ended months ago.

• Love 4

I feel the same way you do re: Monica.

Are we sure she wasn't there? Someone said there was a look alike there. And just like they randomly recast Kevin Collins for a day, maybe they recast Monica. And gave her about as many lines as she ordinarily would have had.

Can someone check Ron's twitter and find out?

Yes, I'm just kidding.

How does a person in a criminal mental institution get their hands on a syringe, much less what looked a few ounces of liquid LSD. Which they don't even really make anymore. More importantly, why do I keep asking about things that make no sense, even though I know that there will never be a reasonable explanation?

I'm in the same boat. Err, I mean barge. I can't help but apply logic, cause 'life' and all, but the answer is always 'meta.' Why a syringe? Because it's dramatic to waive around a syringe, and Roger Howarth has to pretend to inject himself with LSD because funny times ahead.

Nothing can be explained with internal logic, and everything can be explained externally. Why does Fluke have random accents? Because Tony Geary is amusing himself.

Why Jake's and Sam's fixation on cheap ornaments? Because Ron can't write about people discussing their emotions. He needs a crutch.

Why doesn't Patrick care about Robin? Because [Jan Brady whining voice] writing Kimberly McCullough in and out of the show is hard! [/Jan Brady whining voice]

Why did Anna put Faison in a hole? Because the storyline from early 2014 got disrupted when Tristan Rogers got a job and wasn't at Ron and Frank's beck and call, and while Ron and Frank were willing to put in on hold for a year to see if Tristan would return, he re-upped with Y&R and Frank and Ron felt like they had to resolve the question of what happened to Faison. Hence, hole.

Why is there a legion of doom working in league with one another and why no business stories related to ELQ or hospital stories related to, ummmm, what's the hospital's name again? It's so easy to forget it. Because Ron likes comic books and he's filled out his staff with nearly all fellow comic book aficionados.

I'm getting closer and closer to breaking this addiction, but I just haven't had that final break through moment yet.

• Love 5

Why did Anna put Faison in a hole? Because the storyline from early 2014 got disrupted when Tristan Rogers got a job and wasn't at Ron and Frank's beck and call, and while Ron and Frank were willing to put in on hold for a year to see if Tristan would return, he re-upped with Y&R and Frank and Ron felt like they had to resolve the question of what happened to Faison. Hence, hole.

And by the way, I still don't remember any damn explanation for that! Didn't they corner some WSB spy who was working as a stable hand at Wyndemere? And Anna asked him if he was the guy reporting to Robert on Faison's condition, and he said yeah, and then said he had lied about Faison still being there! End of scene, moving on! What! Why? Why would he do that? There was no follow-up! I watched every day, I don't fast-forward, I went back and looked and I still couldn't find any line of dialogue to explain it! What the fuck happened?! I'm serious!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Which of the following is NOT an appropriate slogan for the current state of General Hospital:

a. End of scene, moving on!

b. Your facts and logic have no place here.

c. Your choice: Shit or corpse.

d. Love in the afternoon.

Those with the correct answer will win an opportunity to vote in a meaningless Fan February poll about which character they would like to see return for a cameo appearance at an event that hardly anyone wants to see anymore and at which no one with any talent wants to perform. Limit one entry per person.

• Love 16

Wonderful, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

It's just not my thing. Also, this regime in particular telegraphs a lot more about multiple stories in the editing and cutting from scene to scene.

I was slightly disappointed that Nathan kept his shirt on the whole show. Didn't he need to make a tourniquet or something?

There's still time for Nathan to do something with Julian's leg.

this regime in particular telegraphs a lot more about multiple stories in the editing and cutting from scene to scene.

I wish they'd stop doing this, or at least make the telegraphing less obvious. It kills what tiny suspense or anticipation I might have.

Poor Nathan; it's still kinda one-sided. Nathan was all "I don't want to leave you :sad face:" and meanwhile when Nathan was shot, when Anna told Dante to check on him Dante complained and wanted to go with Jordan and Anna.

• Love 4

Urgh, at Sonny saving the day.  Could he not suffer a little longer in prison?  If Michael forgives him anytime soon

Oh it's coming. And sooner than soon. Like 5 minutes after Sonny barges (no pun intended) onto the boat and saves everyone. I'm convinced that's what Michael's little speech was to Lucas yesterday. Something to the effect that Sonny never does anything unselfish. He's going to eat his words and fall at Sonnys' feet, crying "I'm so sorry dad! I love you! You're the best, most awesomest dad ever. How could I ever have been angry at you? Please forgive me! AJ who?"

• Love 7
Like 5 minutes after Sonny barges (no pun intended) onto the boat and saves everyone. I'm convinced that's what Michael's little speech was to Lucas yesterday. Something to the effect that Sonny never does anything unselfish. He's going to eat his words and fall at Sonnys' feet, crying "I'm so sorry dad! I love you! You're the best, most awesomest dad ever. How could I ever have been angry at you? Please forgive me! AJ who?"

This is probably how it's going to happen. Heavy sigh. Sonny might have to squeeze out a tear or choke out a "Son! Are you okay?" but after that, it's all "bygones! And I'll call you Dad again."

Edited by dubbel zout

I think Dante thinks Luke's been dead ever since last year. I dunno if a body would look like that just a year later. I assume he thinks it's Luke cause it doesn't occur to him the the real Luke would do all this and Bill Eckert is the most likliest explanation.

That's probably it, and I can understand he doesn't think Luke is doing all this.  Makes me wonder what he thinks the deal was with Bill Eckert's grave, though.  Luke was buried there and the Legion o'Doom dug him up and put him in the basement for... reasons? 

And by the way, I still don't remember any damn explanation for that! Didn't they corner some WSB spy who was working as a stable hand at Wyndemere? And Anna asked him if he was the guy reporting to Robert on Faison's condition, and he said yeah, and then said he had lied about Faison still being there! End of scene, moving on! What! Why? Why would he do that? There was no follow-up! I watched every day, I don't fast-forward, I went back and looked and I still couldn't find any line of dialogue to explain it! What the fuck happened?! I'm serious!

There's been exactly no explanation.  I've been waiting for it, too.

Oh it's coming. And sooner than soon. Like 5 minutes after Sonny barges (no pun intended) onto the boat and saves everyone. I'm convinced that's what Michael's little speech was to Lucas yesterday. Something to the effect that Sonny never does anything unselfish. He's going to eat his words and fall at Sonnys' feet, crying "I'm so sorry dad! I love you! You're the best, most awesomest dad ever. How could I ever have been angry at you? Please forgive me! AJ who?"

We'll be lucky if Michael doesn't decide to name the clinic after his "real" father, Sonny Corinthos.   ::hate::

• Love 1

I did fast forward over Fluke's rant at Dante using Lulu's phone so I might have missed something but what I think I saw was Fluke destroying Lulu's phone so she couldn't talk to Dante.  And I know Dante's phone died so he couldn't call anyone else but did Fluke know that Dante's phone died?  If not, why wouldn't he assume that Dante would have just called someone else.  I don't get it.

Maybe Luke grabbed his phone, checked it, saw it was almost dead, and thought it would be more fun to leave it with him, leaving him one ray of hope that would be destroyed once the charge died out.  

The Sonny Corinthos Clinic For People Who Throw Barware.

With special Jazz Hands and Whisper Shout therapy rooms.  Any women who show up for gynecological care can be put in the BitchSlutWhoreTramp exam room. 

• Love 6
That's probably it, and I can understand he doesn't think Luke is doing all this.  Makes me wonder what he thinks the deal was with Bill Eckert's grave, though.  Luke was buried there and the Legion o'Doom dug him up and put him in the basement for... reasons?

For pure psycho reasons I guess, and for the reasons that Luke is doing it to Bill/himself, they'll think Bill was taunting "Luke".

The Sonny Corinthos Clinic For People Who Throw Barware.

And can't find the towels.

Maybe it'll be Morgan's turn to be mad at Sonny after that. They seem to like to take turns.

When will Dante get another turn? I mean I'm no fan of any Sonny spawn, born or raised, but he's the first one who should be having a go at Sonny on a regular basis.

• Love 3
And can't find the towels.

Now I'm picturing Sonny in an exam room with all the cabinets and drawers labeled "Towels" as he looks around in confusion, yelling for Max to get him a towel. 

• Love 9

When will Dante get another turn? I mean I'm no fan of any Sonny spawn, born or raised, but he's the first one who should be having a go at Sonny on a regular basis.

I'm fine with Dante staying away altogether :)

• Love 2

I'm fine with Dante staying away altogether :)

Then I'm pretty sure he'd vanished off the show completely, heh. Who can escape Sonny's World at this point? Well, outside of a body bag anyway. 

Who knows, maybe those knocks to the head will cause him to "forget" he ever liked Sonny. 

Now I'm picturing Sonny in an exam room with all the cabinets and drawers labeled "Towels" as he looks around in confusion, yelling for Max to get him a towel.

And then he'll get so worked up that one of his female standbys will have to jump on him with their lady business just to calm him down.

Aw, poor forgotten Max. He can't even get a shout out on the show anymore.

• Love 2

There's been exactly no explanation.  I've been waiting for it, too.

I guaran-goddamn-tee you that if someone asks Ron on Twitter (and I don't have one), he will say it was cut for time, not his choice. Gotta get more Obrecht and Nina in! We're on a budget! Support your soaps!

• Love 3

We'll be lucky if Michael doesn't decide to name the clinic after his "real" father, Sonny Corinthos.   ::hate::

Or worse names it after both.

The Corinthos/Quartermaine free clinic for bullet wounds and weight loss.

• Love 5

How surprising, the words "Sonny" and "Hero" getting thrown around together, Michael calling him "Dad" a million times when he thinks Sonny may have just gotten blown to smithereens, and then saying that "His father" saved everyone... *Screams into a couch cushion*

Why would Sam bother to leave a bloody message for Patrick when she knew so many others on that boat to try next that might actually have answered their phones, like her brother? Good lord. At least Jakson got fed up and snatched the phone to relay the message before it was too late to Lucas.

At this point it would not surprise me if once Jake finds out who he really is, supposedly, and how they're connected he may just have to ask "Was she always this...slow?".

How cute that Patrick tried to attack Jakson, if Jakson had "accidentally" snapped that twig's neck I wouldn't have minded that at all. I did like the move where he put Patrick down on the table like it was nothing at all, heh.

And of course Patrick wants to toss out Emma's name when he almost loses his life, but yet whines when she calls him after his booty call with Sam and he might just have to go home and be a parent for a few hours. That fucker is a piece of work.

I am embarrassed for FV and RC.  How can they think Franco and Nina are this great love that have fought all the odds to be together?  He's a serial killer and she's a baby-snatching torturer!  What the fuck?

Oh I am sure they're toasting themselves over yet another successful coupling sure to cause such a buzz and increase viewership. It's what they do apparently. The GH in their heads is a complete success, especially since they take such risks and go in such unpredictable directions certain to tease and tantalize us all.

That kiss...I was lucky that I wasn't eating. And really, this is only giving Roger even more of an excuse to act out of his ass.

I won't even bother to comment about Michelle because well...it's Michelle.  

Julian is such a BAMF, limping with a bullet in his leg while screaming about Ava and Lucas. I loved seeing Lucas and he together at the end. Why can't he just shoot terrorLuke from his bed?

terrorLuke just needs to end. I don't care how or when or where or by whom but he just needs to END! goddammit.

And of course in the previews it's time for Michael and Carly to come together in some dramatic altercation, and if Jake wasn't locked up I could just see him somehow being included, especially when they finally pull Sonny from the water, so very unfortunately still alive.

Then Sonny would finally get to meet this "Jake" person and they could stare ever so deeply into each other's eyes, wondering why they suddenly feel so warm and tingly all over...gah.

I can just hear them now both asking each other at the same time , "Do I know you...?"...annnnd I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Sonny saves the day (in a moment that actually was extremely similar to one from the 1960s "Batman" movie).

Oh how I wish Julian would have been there and it would have been complete with BAM! and POW! balloon words:( I can't ever have nice things.

Of course Sonny saves the day! Michael has to begin the road of forgiveness and call him daddy again. It's been a whole couple months, you know! That short period of time is all the payoff that Ron will give after decades and decades of AJ slander.

Patrick seriously needs to take a seat. Never even had one second of this guy jumping on Jerry or Dr. O or Faison or Victor, but HE'S SO OUTRAGED NOW. OK. Jason owning his ass was priceless. And I can't wait till he continues to ignore the Robin factor with Helena. Patrick could fill so many blanks for Sam, but he doesn't. The writing is totally destroying his character piece by piece.

And Patrick hasn't seen his daughter since Christmas and never talked to her about her mother saying "Bye, y'all! Moving to Paris for good!", so he's a piece of work. Hasn't contacted or talked to Robin since September!!!!! But he'll never miss a Sam adventure!!! Aww. Gag.

Having this new character (Ivy) suddenly having scenes calling Nik repeatedly like the audience gives a crap or has seen ANY of this coupling is truly hilarious.

I can't with Nina and Franco.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8

Oh great. We get a Sonny saves the day and we think he hath died for our sins sweeps spectacular. That's worse than Sonny merely saving the day or banging someone on your dad's grave at his funeral, knowing he murdered your father.

Roger Howarth, we need to talk. Get out of soaps. Take a restraining order against Frank and Ron. I do appreciate that minute with MSt before the LSD where I got to pretend I was watching Todd/Rebecca at the Cult/Church. But bruh. You're a talented, good looking guy. Turn this new job into something. You are better than this crap.

JT, please go to the gym. If you're going to be in scenes with Billy Miller and I'm expected to not think you're a geek, you need to eat a burger, take the stairs, lift ladies. Whatever. But lol at that chokehold. Bruh, you got owned.

Shut up Sonny. And for the future, Shut Up Carly. Oh and meow new Sloane.

• Love 3

*Sigh*... There are days when I have great timing. Today was not one of them I tuned in just in time to see NotTodd!Franco and Nina start making out, and for Sonny to grab the bomb from Michael and jump overboard with it, as Michael yells, "Dad, no!" Then he refers to Sonny as "my father" to Bobbie, and in the preview Michael's telling a crying Carly to look him in the eyes and breath.... UGH!!!

UGH at Liz, Maxie, Lulu and Lucas for giving Sonny credit for saving everyone/being a hero. NO, Michael was the one who got the bomb away from everyone without it going off. He would have gotten rid of it himself if Sonny didn't suddenly appear and take it from him. Also, it was OOC for Sam to be super concerned/ in tears about Lucas and Patrick instead of immediately demanding to know about Michael's safety after all the years she and Jason were so involved with that kid. She has so much more history with Michael - I don't buy that she would have to be asked to call back and see if he's okay. 

Maxie is super annoying and clingy. She's acting like she's been Nathan's wife for years, who gets to tell him whether or not he can do his job.

Dante and Lulu are sweet together; DZ plays the loving husband very well. 

• Love 6

Sonny a hero again how shocking not.

Am I supposed to be impressed that Franco injected himself with LSD to be close to Nina.Its hardly romantic.I actually hope Heather gets transferred even she doesn't deserve to be prop these two anylonger.

Patrick no words.

I haven't deleted this from my DVR yet, in the vain hope that there will be some epic payback (e.g., Fluke bursting into flames) that we're all due for our suffering. But y'all certainly spare me the pain of watching what sounds like the crappiest crap ever written and acted.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :)