Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Charlotte was appalling today. No child should be mouthy like that to an adult (she's been taking lessons from Spencer apparently). And she's got no reason to put down SUNY when she's in a public school class herself.  Does she even know that Aiden is her cousin? Are we supposed to consider her one of Aiden's bullies? Really awful writing.  I really think Lulu should be speaking to Charlotte' if I were her mother, I'd be embarrassed at that display.

I'm already cringing at Willow/Michael.   Forget him, Willow, and accept Chase's offer.

I don't like that Laura brought up Lucky and that he could help with Aiden's problems. I know (from personal experience) how hard it is in a kid when he wants more from a non-custodial parent than he can get.  Laura should have contacted Lucky herself, told him about Aiden, and let Lucky handle it from there.

31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

He may be the worst but at least he's consistent. Isn't that the same reason he gave for wanting to help Jake?

There are worse reasons. Although Franco did say that he wanted to help for both reasons, Liz and because Aiden is having problems.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Then I dunno why they made a big deal out of Anna being all, "Nuh uh, you're staying with ME" if they weren't going to do anything with that.

That was soooooooooooooooo two weeks ago.  Like, they've moved on now.  Get with the program.

I'm kidding.  I'd like to fan wank it that originally Britt was going to stay with Anna, then they cooked up the deathly ill scheme while we were all watching Carly get accused of something she didn't commit, Sonny yelling at Margaux for being sad that her dad was killed and JaSam staring stupidly at each other while doing literally nothing.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Linny said:

Shouldn't we be resolving whatever the weirdness is between Finn and his stepmother instead of randomly revisiting a character no one's cared enough to mention in eons?

Maybe that is going to lead into the stepmom stuff. I don't think they're gonna give Finn a baby.

Chase and Willow have potential, so please Michael, take a hike. Chase is still a super sweet guy and there's more chem between him and Willow. But of course, the writers will go the triangle route. Because Chase and Michael both sleeping with Nelle was not enough.

Charlotte waited for Lulu to leave before the horns came out. She knew exactly what she's doing and who to pick on. 

Thank you for the lesson in journalism, Lulu. You certainly are all knowing when it comes to that.

• Love 2

I was stunned that Lucky was mentioned. Nashville was cancelled, so could JJ be planning a visit?!!!!

Mikey and the giant pumpkin versus Finn's flop sweat was a teeny tiny bit amusing, but CD is still almost as big of a robot as Sbu. 

• Love 1

Awww chase brought a puppy dog to career day! And such a cute one ?

charlotte was a horror today! Why did lulu disappear before Finn even started tslking? And what’s wrong with 

stonybrook? And how does Charlotte even know what a state university is?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But ugh, fuckin' Franco, he wants to help Aiden so HE can look good in Liz's eyes.  He is the worst.

He may be the worst but at least he's consistent. Isn't that the same reason he gave for wanting to help Jake?

He wanted to insinuate himself into Liz's life and he saw himself in Jake.

I still can't get over the fact that a hospital is allowing a former serial killer who used his art as part of his murders to work in art therapy without any apparent concern that it might be a trigger for him. Shouldn't he have a routine that focuses on keeping him away from things that are closely associated with his murders?

• Love 3

Charlotte suddenly being a holy terror/bully is really contrived and further proof this show is floundering.  Just last week she was getting bullied by that brat Spencer and was, by and large, a polite little girl.  Now she's a bad seed.  Oh, show.

Today also answered the question: can Michael actually get MORE boring?  Yes, yes, he can.  Just give him some produce props and let him put you to sleep.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Why did lulu disappear before Finn even started talking?

Because they needed someone mouthy to heckle Finn, and they couldn't have done that with Lulu sitting there.  And they didn't want to give a dayplayer kid some lines.  I don't think fingerprint kid spoke? 

I still hate Willow.  I'd rather see Chase/Maxie.  She can be all angsty about falling for a cop again.  I don't care if Chase is younger. 

Ha, even the dog came in with his line too soon. 

They should have moved the dog's trainer further to the left. He was a cute dog, but it was too obvious that he was paying attention to his trainer .

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still hate Willow.  I'd rather see Chase/Maxie.  She can be all angsty about falling for a cop again.  I don't care if Chase is younger. 

Willow's little girl voice is starting to annoy me. If she hooks up with Michael, I can fast forward through them.

I thought Maxie and Peter had possibilities  but I'm really tired of them now.  There's really no character for Maxie on the show any more. Chase is the best option.

LOL that no one had any idea what ELQ does. TIL it was into GMO crops.

Was that the real studio schoolroom? It was a lot more detailed than most of the other sets.

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Why did lulu disappear before Finn even started talking?

Because they needed someone mouthy to heckle Finn

Why? The point was made that he was floundering long before Charlotte got yappy. Ugh.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

LUCKY WOULD COMING RUNNING IF LIZ CALLED.

Color me shocked Laura mentioned Lucky in any sort of positive way.

Wow, Scott, make yourself at home in Elizabeth's house! I wonder if that was to hammer home the fact that Scott is Franco's father. They both eat at in appropriate times!

18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Charlotte suddenly being a holy terror/bully is really contrived and further proof this show is floundering.  Just last week she was getting bullied by that brat Spencer and was, by and large, a polite little girl.  Now she's a bad seed.  Oh, show.

Today also answered the question: can Michael actually get MORE boring?  Yes, yes, he can.  Just give him some produce props and let him put you to sleep.

Yup to all of this.  How is this show on air still?

Chad Duell's face just bothers me. I can't quite pinpoint what it is but the fact that his character cannot get off the ground after all these years and he needs to constantly have his butt cleaned by the trinity-is another one of the reasons why I despise the 3 headed monster.  If Michael was actually a viable character played by a compelling actor maybe there would be someone to lead the show from underneath the stench of Corthini+JaScam.  

Instead we have a boring actor playing a boring character, who unfortunately has way too much history on the show.  And Chad imo is only around because he's in the good graces of Maurice, Laura, and now Burton again.  The only reason.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Chad has started to look a bit hotter but I don't know if it will help bolster a new romance that much. I think with Michael it's a little bit "chicken or the egg." All his romances being lame, but most of the women they give him are lame. But do they give him lame women because that's the vibe he sends out? It is a conundrum. And to be fair to CD/Michael I think carsason need him . . . they do something heinous but gosh they like Michael and Michael likes them so it's cool. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The point was made that he was floundering long before Charlotte got yappy.

I think we were supposed to find it hilariously funny.  Like Franco sending a clearly distressed Finn off in the wrong direction. 

I still think it comes down to money and not wanting to give a dayplayer lines because it costs more.

10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still think it comes down to money and not wanting to give a dayplayer lines because it costs more.

Does a day player cost more than recurring?

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think with Michael it's a little bit "chicken or the egg." All his romances being lame, but most of the women they give him are lame.

As we've discussed, CD has never seemed comfortable doing the sex stuff, which is a problem for a soap actor who's supposed to be the young male romantic lead. The show could deal with that by not putting Michael in extended or explicit love scenes, that's easy enough. But the main problem (for me) is Michael has no personality whether he's in a romance or not.

• Love 3

All his romances being lame, but most of the women they give him are lame.

I can't say that I disagree with that; but I also wanted to add that the last few love interests he's had have been able to generate much stronger (faint praise I know) chemistry with other: KA's Starr with Trey and Johnny; HE's Kiki with Dillon; and CL's Nelle with Chase.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does a day player cost more than recurring?

Since it's her class, Charlotte had to be there anyway, so she might as well be speaking.  Non-speaking dayplayers cost less than ones that have a line or two.  

They used to be cheap with GH support staff, having them nod their head after receiving orders rather than verbally confirming. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe that is going to lead into the stepmom stuff. I don't think they're gonna give Finn a baby.

They've already given him a baby. He just doesn't know that yet. ;) 

I could have sworn I read Rebecca Budig was cast on one of the other soaps, so I'm curious whether this letter is some kind of closing out of their story, or making the way for Hayden to return with their baby, possibly with Hayden as a recast.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Who is Hayden?

Liz' half sister (via her father's affair) who was a spoiled rich socialite.  Long story short, hooked up with Finn, got pregnant, skeletons in closet resurfaced, told Finn she miscarried, left town still pregnant.  

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Charlotte suddenly being a holy terror/bully is really contrived and further proof this show is floundering.  Just last week she was getting bullied by that brat Spencer and was, by and large, a polite little girl.  Now she's a bad seed.

Actually, I think they've laid the groundwork a little bit.  Lulu was telling NIna about her parent/teacher conference and how Ms Tait had said Charlotte was assertive (can't remember the exact word).  Nina was all, 'she's a girl with girl power, hear her roar', but the underlying message was there was Charlotte was more aggressive than necessary.  Then last week (??) Lulu wanted Charlotte to introduce cousin MIchael to teacher Willow and Charlotte refused and was quite the little snot about it.  (If I was her mother, she would have gotten an earful about being rude, and maybe more than just an earful.  Just sayin')

I'm thinking Aiden's problem is Charlotte. The writers will drop red herrings about possible gay/trans story, but no way are they dealing with a gay story for a child when they haven't dealt with Kristina or even Brucas. And no way are they dealing with a trans story, seeing as Teri has been here for months and we've havent really gotten her story other than she and Liz were friends back in the day.

It will turn out that Aiden is being bullied by Charlotte and Lulu will have to deal with that.  That child has had a lot of upheaval in her 8/9/10 (?!) years.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Who is [Rebecca Budig]?

Rebecca Budig.

43 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Liz' half sister (via her father's affair)

A half sister Liz has, to all evidence, never mentioned to her father (who doesn't know about Rebecca Budig's existence), her mother, or her lifelong sister.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Actually, I think they've laid the groundwork a little bit.  Lulu was telling NIna about her parent/teacher conference and how Ms Tait had said Charlotte was assertive (can't remember the exact word).  Nina was all, 'she's a girl with girl power, hear her roar', but the underlying message was there was Charlotte was more aggressive than necessary. 

Way to undercut Nina's genuine and legit pride at Charlotte not being a pushover, Show. Fuck you for continuing that bullshit in a little girl.

11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

They've already given him a baby. He just doesn't know that yet. ;) 

Like clockwork, GH rolls into another unknown/back-from-the-dead/surprise offspring. STAHP. Finn having a baby bores me even more than Michael having one.

• Love 1

Had Lulu stepped out of the room before Charlotte started mouthing off to Finn? If my kid acted that way, is tan her hide right there in the classroom. I wonder if they are going to use Charlotte being a bully as another way to bring up poor Valentine being a hunchback. 

Please no with a love triangle between Chase, Willow, and Michael. As a Corinthos, Michael will end up winning even though those two have all the heat and intrigue of wallpaper paste. 

• Love 2

This is what the show cooked up for sweeps, children being bullied and a letter from a character we haven't seen in over a year?

I'm sure it got the Friz fanatics all hot and bothered, but Franco yelling at Willow was not okay.

Someone in this town needs to jam a knife in Carly's larynx.  Ryan, Margaux, I'm not picky.

You and your cryptic letter can shut up, Rebecca Budig.

• Love 6

Finola Hughes is too skinny. Her clothes were just hanging on her today. 

As unattractive as I've always thought RH was, his graying, scruffy beard and the non-gray hair on his head make him even less attractive than he already was. Add that to his douchiness to the teacher today (although I will acknowledge that his reaction would be the reaction a lot of parents would have) and he becomes even less attractive. And, the fact that the vaunted art "therapist" doesn't even think about having a kid draw a picture as a way to start a conversation says something about someone not doing much thinking about the show and the plots. 

However, I did get a glimmer of hope that Kevin might have to off Franco if he goes to the dark side to help the police. And I wouldn't mind if he decided he had to  kill Carly, too. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the police commissioner may be higher on his list.

Edited by rur

Well, I'll admit, I did not see Aidan-is-being-bullied-by-his-cousin-Charlotte as a potential story line.  I'm not too sure why Willow hadn't noticed this when she first called Liz in about Aiden's behaviour in the classroom, but I guess when Charlotte started being rude to an adult as well she put 2 and 2 together and realized what was going on.

All they need to do is get Liz's family together with Lulu's over the holidays, let Aiden's two older brothers get a glimpse of how Charlotte treats Aidan, and I'm pretty sure she'd cut it out.  Cam and Jake would defend Aidan and tell her to knock it off. But that would be too easy.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Well, I'll admit, I did not see Aidan-is-being-bullied-by-his-cousin-Charlotte as a potential story line.

Which reminds me - I get that these kids have different last names, but does Willow not know they're related?  Did Lulu breeze by without even a hi to her nephew during Career Day?

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which reminds me - I get that these kids have different last names, but does Willow not know they're related?  Did Lulu breeze by without even a hi to her nephew during Career Day?

Sometimes I wonder if the show knows/remembers they are related. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that no one had any idea what ELQ does. TIL it was into GMO crops.

I suddenly realized that I had no idea what ELQ does, either! But then I learned they make chemicals and grow pumpkins. Good to know!

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow's little girl voice is starting to annoy me. 

That’s been my biggest problem with the character from the start.  She sounds like a teenager rather than a grown woman.  But I guess it makes her a good candidate to date the boy CEO.

Laura was getting on my nerves yesterday with the rudeness to Sasha. She doesn’t even know Sasha; simply talking to Valentin should not make a person deserving of contempt. I really dislike it when they make Laura act superior and judgmental.

What was Aiden wanting to wear at lunchtime that Liz took away from him? Blue shoelaces? Skinny tie? Hair ribbon?

Edited by 30 Helens
Double post
  • Love 3

At the first parent-teacher meeting, Liz asked if Aiden was close to his cousin Charlotte and Willow answered that no but he does play with some other girl.

Ironically I'm just back from a parent-teacher meeting myself (accompanying a friend) so this is very salient to me.

33 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

What was Aiden wanting to wear at lunchtime that Liz took away from him? Blue shoelaces? Skinny tie? Hair ribbon?

Liz said something today about it being a Hallowe'en mask I think.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

All they need to do is get Liz's family together with Lulu's over the holidays, let Aiden's two older brothers get a glimpse of how Charlotte treats Aidan, and I'm pretty sure she'd cut it out.  Cam and Jake would defend Aidan and tell her to knock it off. But that would be too easy.

Charlotte is smart enough not to do it in front of her mother, she wouldn't do it at a family party with Lulu, Laura, Liz, Franco and Cameron there.

I wasn't too impressed with Willow's speech of "we want every child to feel safe so I can't tell you who the other child is."  But what since many children bully because they're unhappy, I'm really dreading that the show will say that Charlotte is bullying because Nina and Valentin split up.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone in this town needs to jam a knife in Carly's larynx.  Ryan, Margaux, I'm not picky

You know that things are bad when Sonny is looking like a sympathetic, reasonable person.

Carly said "She accused you of killing her father without any proof".  Not that Margaux falsely accused him of something he didn't do,  just that she accused him without proof.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I suddenly realized that I had no idea what ELQ does, either! But then I learned they make chemicals and grow pumpkins. Good to know!

They also made condoms a few years back. Condoms that broke and resulted in Jake.  And Lulu getting pregnant.  And I feel like there was one more, but I can't remember who.  Maybe it just gave Maxie an excuse to pretend she was pregnant.  

33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Charlotte is smart enough not to do it in front of her mother, she wouldn't do it at a family party with Lulu, Laura, Liz, Franco and Cameron there.

I wasn't too impressed with Willow's speech of "we want every child to feel safe so I can't tell you who the other child is."  But what since many children bully because they're unhappy, I'm really dreading that the show will say that Charlotte is bullying because Nina and Valentin split up.

If the show is going to go with Charlotte is bullying Aiden (or anyone) because she is unhappy or reacting to unstable home environment(s), they really should have done this story right when Charlotte came to town or shortly thereafter - the poor kid had three fathers and two mothers in a span of three months, the only mother she ever knew "committed suicide", she came to a strange (to her) town and moved into a castle that belonged to her murdered uncle, her biological mother and her papa fought over her custody for the better part of a year, another woman became her stepmother and then disappeared from her life when she and her papa split up, her papa got arrested and "disappeared" for a summer, and that's not even the start of it.

But yes, Charlotte's unhappiness will be reduced to Nina and Valentin splitting up, and maybe even that Dante is gone from her mother's house.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And faulty condoms!

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

They also made condoms a few years back. Condoms that broke and resulted in Jake.  And Lulu getting pregnant.  And I feel like there was one more, but I can't remember who.  Maybe it just gave Maxie an excuse to pretend she was pregnant.  

Yeap. I remember the faulty condom storyline. I think I just assumed they made medical supplies and were also in medical research. Now I know that they are farmers... or something.

Well fuck, now I am gonna need Sonny to sleep with Margaux just to see Carly's face. 

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is what the show cooked up for sweeps, children being bullied and a letter from a character we haven't seen in over a year?

... ... This is sweeps?! ...Jesus God.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Benji said:

OMG !  Carly !  STFU !  That is all.

Holy crap, she is fucking insufferable.  Swanning around the PCPD and acting like the police had no reason to question her.

Also, worst winner ever.  Bitching out Margeux like a total bully.  Someone needs to drop a house on her.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm sure it got the Friz fanatics all hot and bothered, but Franco yelling at Willow was not okay.

Someone in this town needs to jam a knife in Carly's larynx.  Ryan, Margaux, I'm not picky.

You and your cryptic letter can shut up, Rebecca Budig.

It's just so awful.  Do any of them watch this show?  Does Laura Wright watch it?  It's constant screeching.  I can't take it.  This character needs a rework or a recast.  A screeching banshee can sell ear plugs but not a soap

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, CeChase said:

It's just so awful.  Do any of them watch this show?  Does Laura Wright watch it?  It's constant screeching.  I can't take it.  This character needs a rework or a recast.  A screeching banshee can sell ear plugs but not a soap

She watches it with her #man #grateful #thisisus #idrivetoworkwithmyboyfriend #HA!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Yeap. I remember the faulty condom storyline. I think I just assumed they made medical supplies and were also in medical research. Now I know that they are farmers... or something.

I figure they're just a diversified conglomerate.  Edward was a very smart, successful businessman.  What better way to make sure of success than diversify, diversify, diversify.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think I just assumed they made medical supplies and were also in medical research.

Once upon a time, they made medical supplies.  It's how they got rid of Dr. Grant Putnam (or was it Grant Andrews?  The one that was a legit doctor, anyway).  They sent Grant away to run a medical ship for ELQ.  I assume it was a third world, Doctors Without Borders type of thing. 

ELQ also made the faulty Enduro condoms, as was mentioned.

• Love 2

Margaux really sucks for rubbing Drew's face in the fact his memories are lost. It's none of her business what Drew decides to do. 

FFS, Sonny. Carly wished the worst for Mary Pat. I don't think questioning Carly when Mary Pat turned up beheaded is really that far out of line, especially when Carly's hair is found on Mary Pat's body. 

Carly, you were not prosecuted for a crime you didn't commit! You made a stupid plea bargain and paid the price for that stupidity. I'm so tired of hearing Carly whine about being at Ferncliffe as if she had no agency in it whatsoever.

Oh, GOD. Since when does one bad experience with kids mean you'll be a terrible parent? It's so incredibly stupid. This fakakta show and its idiotic generalizations.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly said "She accused you of killing her father without any proof".  Not that Margaux falsely accused him of something he didn't do,  just that she accused him without proof.

Carly accuses people of things without proof all the damn time!  Ugh, she really is worse than ever, it's almost astonishing.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly accuses people of things without proof all the damn time!  Ugh, she really is worse than ever, it's almost astonishing.

Every time she says "git" instead of "get" . . . gah.