Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, ByaNose said:

Obviously, Jason gave Oscar a seizure after the bike ride. At least, I hope so. Then Drew will kick Jason’s a**.  Yippee!!!

Did he get the bike ride yet? I thought just getting the helmet triggered something, maybe as a PTSD, and that's why Kim freaks out with Oscar on a bike.

On any other show, this would be interesting.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, TVbitch said:

I totally fucking hate this shit show ...and am really pissed it's not on today! Oh, the irony. dunno-smiley-emoticon.gif

We caught up with another show with a shady lawyer, a scary hitman, and drug cartels dealing with real drugs and not Gummi Bears and Hair Product.

The difference was.... quite striking.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Linny said:

The family drama boiling over between Stella and Jordan was a long time coming, and it was nice to get clear perspective from Stella that she sees herself as endlessly sacrificing and Jordan as thoroughly selfish. I don't agree with Stella's assessment of Jordan, but at least we got something meatier than the ludicrous "she killed Thomas!"

I honestly lost track why Stella kept saying Jordan "killed Thomas". In perfect Sonnyesque Chop Logic, Jordan having the affair caused Thomas to get himself killed.

Stella should have had some self-aware epiphany (as opposed to Pip), but she found the crux to her issues.... and still didn't change her "Jordan Killed Thomas" mantra. I'm tired of one other group using this chop logic (Ava Killed Morgan), I'm wishing Stella would move on.

• Love 8

I liked Jordan's response to that -- that while Stella may have 'given up her life' to raise Thomas and Curtis, she had the last twenty years to create a new one and she didn't; she just stayed in the past and hating.  It's the perfect set-up to give Stella a phoenix story now.

I like the idea of an experienced social worker on the show who works in the hospital (although I'd prefer one that wasn't a Sonny ring kisser) and the actress is a pro but they really need to wrap this Stella-hate storyline up.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm still holding onto "Sonny, Carly, and Jason go back in time, thanks to Spinelli, and are the ones who saved Port Charles from Mikkos Cassadine".

Sonny is the True Cassadine Heir. His father isn't Mike; it's Mikkos.

Oh, and Sonny has a claim to the Quartermaine empire, somehow.

So I just got the creeps thinking about how inbred that would make Kristina.  Then I realized they would just change her paternity to Ric. It will also be a great (sarcasm there) story about how Sonny always knew and that is why he was never as close to her.  Will also come out around the time we discover that Avery's father is really Morgan.  Sonny's super sperm is far too manly to have actually created a girl, dontcha know. Michael will sign over everything regarding ELQ and the Quartermaine mansion that he, of course, will somehow have control over to Sonny for "safe keeping".

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Did he get the bike ride yet? I thought just getting the helmet triggered something, maybe as a PTSD, and that's why Kim freaks out with Oscar on a bike.

The seizure happened after Jason said he'd give Oscar a ride on his bike but before the ride itself. A lot of moms don't want their teenagers (or any family member, for that matter) on a motorcycle, so I didn't find that unusual of Kim. I loved the way Oscar got all excited and told Jason not to tell his mom. Sometimes the show gets those tiny details just perfectly.

• Love 4

The only thrill I got out of seeing Cassandra again was yelling, “Run, Anna, they’re BOTH vampires!” at the screen.

(Why, yes, I have been watching Port Charles and True Blood in my spare time, why do you ask?)

Edited by JeezumCrow
  • Love 6

Peter's hair is ridiculous in these episodes. I know someone is probably going coughDantecough but he was supposed to be a goofy cop, not a suave, debonair publisher.

• Love 2

I rewatched the episode where Maxie goes through the bag that the nurse delivered to her house. When she pulled the ultrasound photo out of his jacket, I admit I did tear up. I thought then and now that Maxie did a great job acting like Nathan’s newly widowed wife/mother-to-be. My heart broke with hers. Job well done, Maxie.

• Love 9

So, in light of the current climate that is GH, once this whole Ryan/Kevin storyline is sorted out, does Ryan have to go to jail/loony bin? He is a serial killer, but he would be the 5th worst killer on this show allowed to walk about, and unlike Sonny, Jason, Ava, and Franco, Ryan has a useful skill-he was a medical doctor! For god sakes, after kidnapping and imprisoning Robin for 2 years, Dr.O was the freaking chief of staff. 

• Love 5

Tell you what, not an hour has gone by since the last episode that my mind hasn't wandered to Oscar and his seizure. What a cliffhanger. Fortunately, he's with Jason, so I know everything is going to be all right. At least, that is my fervent hope.  

In all seriousness, it was a poorly timed break. I've actually liked a lot of things since CVE was promoted to co-head writer (thinking about it, what I've sensed as improvement is more tonal than content-related), but there's just not much going on that I'm eager to see. What's the big draw right now? Maxie and Peter finding their way into each other's arms? Liz and Franco finally making it to the altar? The Jordan recast? The baby switch could have been good, but I think they've botched the setup.  

Possible barge boarding in the future. Don't hold me to that, because it's fairly easy to find time to watch a 40-minute show while doing other things. But when the show is in a lull, that's exactly when you don't want to go away for most of a week...and end on an uninteresting character's new problem, as witnessed by an overexposed character.  

• Love 9

I unsarcastically really do want to know WTF with that seizure.  Although, i really wish Jason was not involved at all.  I do NOT WANT a Jason/Kim scene of any kind, tyvm.

There are several threads of story i really don't care about right now, like anything Sonny/Carly/Jason and the Ashford Family Feud, but I like the show pretty well most of the time.  

• Love 1

SHUT UP, JORDAN. Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! isn’t one of your lackeys and doesn’t answer to you.

Was Robert promoted to Director of the WSB? I could have sworn that Chase called him “Director Scorpio”?

SHUT UP, Chase.

That “come here luv” to Anna and the hug between Robert and Anna was EVERYTHING.

I had a friend who was Epileptic and was there when he had a seizure. The ONE thing you DO NOT DO is touch them or “contain” the seizure. You let it ride out. That came straight from the paramedics who showed  up after I had called 911. We (my friend and I) were only 14. I was scared out of my mind and felt so helpless. So seeing Borgman reach out and try to touch Oscar made me ??? His latent medical knowledge should have kicked in like it did when he knew how to do a tracheotomy on Nik.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Fortunately, he's with Jason, so I know everything is going to be all right. At least, that is my fervent hope.  

LOL. If there's ever a sign that something won't be at all dramatic, it's when Jason has to save the day.

what I've sensed as improvement is more tonal than content-related

Now that you mention this, I agree. The stories and pacing are still beyond terrible, but there is a definite improvement in the tone. I feel like stuff is taken more seriously, if that makes sense. Or maybe it's that the writers commit to the story (however bad it is) and tell it, rather than throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

a 40-minute show

It's more like 36+ minutes. It's kind of appalling how little actual show there is in the hour slot.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

His latent medical knowledge should have kicked in like it did when he knew how to do a tracheotomy on Nik.

I think his brain has been scrambled once too often for any medical knowledge to kick in, heh.

• Love 6
On 9/1/2018 at 10:43 PM, ulkis said:

I'm tempted into send Burton a Wayne's World hat if Jason's going to keep on wearing the black tee shirt.

He said in an interview that he sweats alot. The black t is because it doesn't show.

• Love 1

He said in an interview that he sweats alot. The black t is because it doesn't show.

Out of all of issues that I have with Jason Morgan, wearing a black T-shirt is not in the top 20.  The one thing that I do not do when Jason Morgan is on the screen is sweat.  The writers seem to be giving him a lot more dialogue compared to the last couple of years of his prior stint.  It is stomach- turning to see this hit man dish out 'sage advice'.  What a real sick character.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I've actually liked a lot of things since CVE was promoted to co-head writer (thinking about it, what I've sensed as improvement is more tonal than content-related), but there's just not much going on that I'm eager to see.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The stories and pacing are still beyond terrible, but there is a definite improvement in the tone. I feel like stuff is taken more seriously, if that makes sense. Or maybe it's that the writers commit to the story (however bad it is) and tell it, rather than throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

I agree with both these statements.  I see real potential with CVE as a head writer.  His biggest problems right now, of course, are the fact that the show is forced to revolve around it's most used-up and/or unappealing characters and the shooting schedule makes it so that pacing is for shit.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Maybe they should get better deodorant!

Deodorant does nothing to stop sweat, just smell.  It's anti-perspirant.  And I can be wearing a ton of the best anti-perspirant and still sweat through a shirt in 5 minutes flat while sitting still.  If you don't have that problem, feel grateful.

• Love 4

Aside from thinking Kim's already acting too maudlin from the onset of this crisis of Oscar's health, it's maddening that she thinks it's fine for Oscar to be in the hospital without Drew knowing. She's acknowledged it's been hard to let Drew get enmeshed in Oscar's life after years of single-parenting, but she's also pushed for their closeness, and she knows how much their relationship means to both Oscar and Drew. It shouldn't be up to Liz and Jason to advocate for Drew or reach out to him; Kim owes him the respect as a parent to let him in on something that's apparently a massively serious threat to Oscar's life.

Joss decorating the bench seemed like a real teenage girl move (though a real teenage girl would probably choose somewhere more private to hang with her BF), but I just cannot find it in me to care about her and Cam. I don't even know why Cam would bother with her when all she does is talk about herself and Oscar. At least she was allowed to shout-out Jax with that wisdom about sunsets instead of attributing it to "Uncle Sonny," that's the writers tossing me one small bone.

I'm just gonna take note of Lucas saying "so he's ours, forever?" and "no one can ever take you away from us" so that when Michael inevitably claims Wiley as his son, we'll have a concrete date to refer back to refine the definition of "forever."

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Jason appears to have more chemistry with Kim than he does with Sam..

Any one with Jason has more chemistry with him and Sam at this point.

How many times does the audience need to suffer through a storyline where a woman lies to Drew?  Since he has come on the show as Jake Doe, that's been the storyline every year.  It's especially stupid when there is a big story they can give him that requires none of this garbage....like his memories. 

• Love 14

They never give Drew a big story. Conclusion:  They don't want to give Drew a big story. Or any story really unless Jason is there to save him.

Oscar was so frantic to get to Joss while she was in the park thinking he'd forgotten. If only there was some way someone could tell her that he was in the hospital, you know, like a phone call or a text ...

No Sonny or Carly. Or Michael.  Jason was still the saviour, including the one to tell Drew that Oscar is in the ER, but still a relative win.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Wow, NuCam2 can. not. act.  cute-smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif This is gonna be hella painful. He makes Oscar look like Ian McKellan.

They fired the other kid because he couldn't act, this one can't either?

• Love 1

So Oscar had some life threatening illness that has now returned, that Kim doesn't seem to have informed him of, because he thinks he fainted, when he really had a seizure. She didn't tell Drew about it, because why would she? No parents wants to hear about their child's potentially dying from some illness. Way to go, Kim! And here I thought Kim was the most decent parent we had on this goddamn soap.

And Drew has the right to know that his son could be a goner at any time. The way Drew has been treated is not okay. I guess I'm glad Jason went to find him to let him know. This is how ridiculous the whole thing has gotten. Also, run Billy Miller the second you have the chance.

Let's never have Cam attempt to kiss Joss or anyone ever again. That was beyond awkward and uncomfortable. And I don't give a rat's ass about teenage romances, and triangles are just the worst.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9

Cameron is an actively unpleasant character, which makes the bad acting worse for me. Also, why is Joss hanging around with him? He undercuts her boyfriend on a regular basis, and he's an asshole in general.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm just gonna take note of Lucas saying "so he's ours, forever?" and "no one can ever take you away from us" so that when Michael inevitably claims Wiley as his son, we'll have a concrete date to refer back to refine the definition of "forever."

I think the (false) birth-mother angle might pop back up. They've been so cagey about not giving her a name or any identifying details. 

1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

So Oscar has cancer? And let’s me guess, he doesn’t know. 

I think that's a bigger sin than Drew not knowing. Oscar apparently has been sick since he was a little boy and has no idea? Gross. And totally unforgivable with a doctor as a mom. 

• Love 9

Kim revealing in dribs and drabs what's wrong with Oscar in riddles and double speak was just bizarre. And I guess nobody knows he's sick/been sick but her? How is that possible? How does Oscar not know? Unless he was a baby at the time and now his cancer is back. She doesn't call Drew? She went from ruffling Oscar's hair and nonchalantly telling him to call her earlier that day to revealing he's on deaths door. WTF? 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think that's a bigger sin than Drew not knowing. Oscar apparently has been sick since he was a little boy and has no idea? Gross. And totally unforgivable with a doctor as a mom. 

I don't get this. How is Oscar supposed to help himself if he doesn't know he has some sickness? Imagine him having symptoms of this mysterious illness returning and dismissing them because he has no clue. The whole thing is so outrageous.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Kim revealing in dribs and drabs what's wrong with Oscar in riddles and double speak was just bizarre. And I guess nobody knows he's sick/been sick but her? How is that possible? How does Oscar not know? Unless he was a baby at the time and now his cancer is back. She doesn't call Drew? She went from ruffling Oscar's hair and nonchalantly telling him to call her earlier that day to revealing he's on deaths door. WTF? 

How the hell could Oscar not even be curious if/when he feels so poorly? Wouldn't he know or suspect something is wrong? Wouldn't he consult his DOCTOR mother?!

Wait, I forgot what fakakta show this is, and that I'm not watching, anyway.

Still, this is as stupid a plot as I have seen in a while and that is saying something.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't get this. How is Oscar supposed to help himself if he doesn't know he has some sickness? Imagine him having symptoms of this mysterious illness returning and dismissing them because he has no clue. The whole thing is so outrageous.

I don't understand how it went from "he had them often when he was young" to "he's dying".  If he had the spells when he was young and then they stopped, presumably ther is some kind of treatment for whatever he has.  Why doesn't Kim try treatment instead of jumping straight to "he's dying"?

Drew deserves the truth since he's been bonding with Oscar. I really liked Kim till they did this to her.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really liked Kim till they did this to her.

I've been liking Kim.  But having not seen today, this sounds no bueno.  Can't wait until Kim is subjected to a lecture about this from Carly, Super Mom. #eyeroll

So no follow-up on Kevin/Ryan today?  Boooooo.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't understand how it went from "he had them often when he was young" to "he's dying".  If he had the spells when he was young and then they stopped, presumably ther is some kind of treatment for whatever he has.  Why doesn't Kim try treatment instead of jumping straight to "he's dying"?

Drew deserves the truth since he's been bonding with Oscar. I really liked Kim till they did this to her.

It is hypocritical at best that Liz was the one urging Kim to tell Drew the truth and not keep this from him, considering Liz lied to Drew-as-Jason for seven months for her own reasons and kept his entire life from him. And don't get me started on Jason of all people being the one to tell Drew that his son was in the hospital. 

32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So no follow-up on Kevin/Ryan today?  Boooooo.

They've officially switched places. Kevin is in a straight jacket and Ryan -- as Kevin --  gave the orderly a stern talking-to about conversing with patients (don't), believing what they say about not being the patient (don't), and remembering to keep the straight jacket nice and tight (always).

• Love 5

I'm just thinking about the basics of how Ryan thinks he is going to pull off this swap for any period of time. Assuming Ryan knows that Kevin is married to Laura currently and not Lucy, how does he expect to get into Kevin's house and drive Kevin's car? How is Ryan going to interact with Lulu, Rocco and Charlotte, Valentin, people he's never met and has no real idea on how to interact with? I doubt all the times Kevin visited Ryan at Ferncliff included Kevin giving Ryan updates on his life.

The show clearly wants us to forget it happened but Valentin did in fact shoot Kevin on Cassadine Island and he does have a scar. How is Ryan supposed to get past that? (On the other hand, I don't want Ryan so much as touching Laura, so maybe it won't be an issue.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8

I don't know. But I bet he'll have it in the next episode.

30 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It is hypocritical at best that Liz was the one urging Kim to tell Drew the truth and not keep this from him, considering Liz lied to Drew-as-Jason for seven months for her own reasons and kept his entire life from him.

Liz said that it's because she lied to him that she's encouraging Kim to tell him the truth. She said that Drew had been lied to enough for two lifetimes.

31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And don't get me started on Jason of all people being the one to tell Drew that his son was in the hospital. 

St. Jasus strikes again. Better than everyone else.

• Love 7

Interesting how Oscar's delicate condition never came up at any time during the freezer episode. 

57 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Of course, Jason is going to be the hero in this storyline.  Perhaps he will donate bone marrow or a kidney or something.

Or a brain, because Jason doesn't need one to blindly follow CarSon.

• Love 14

I think Oscar has some kind of childhood cancer that he had as a very young child.  He may have been young enough that he no longer really remembers it.  He was probably treated, and went into remission, but now that the symptoms have re-appeared, Kim, who may have been told that if that happens, it means his illness has returned, is sure that this time it will kill her son.  She's a doctor, and shouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion.  It does explain her overprotection of her teenage son.

• Love 4