Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Shut up Bobbie!  Your mob moll daughter and her slimey murderous mobster husband so have this bad karma coming to them. This should only be the beginning of society's payback.  How dare you be outraged by anything that happens to them.  Do you not remember how Carly reentered your life!  She totally took advantage of yours and Tony's daughter, BJ's, death and set about to destroy your marriage and to try to take over your life.   

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 17

oh, I rolled my eyes so far when Bobbie was like, "you've torn Sonny and Carly's family APART" aka the writers desperately trying to make it seem like anyone would care that Sonny and Carly broke up. Michael - grown man who experiences the most stability when Sonny and Carly were apart. Joss - lives half the time with her actual father. Avery - also has another mom who is not Carly. Stop it writers, stop.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Do you not remember how Carly reentered your life!  She totally took advantage of yours and Tony's daughter, BJ's, death and set about to destroy your marriage and to try to take over your life.   

*shakes from pure hatred*

• Love 6
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Forgot to say.....[Dr. Michael Easton] saves GH??. [Dr. Michael Easton] wtf? I was really digging the Qs having their pow-wow last week and coming together and them as a family being the ones to save the hospital and then they have a freaking-addict doctor who has only been on show for a year be the savior. Pisses me off. 

This!  This this THIS!  Dr. Michael Easton being the hospital's savior instead of the Quartermaines - AND foiling Olivia J's scheme - was really, really irritating to me personally.  I got enough sweeps "heroics" from that stringy mop back on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)

Shut up Bobbie!  Your mob moll daughter and her slimey murderous mobster husband has so have this bad karma coming to them. This should only be the beginning of society's payback.  How dare you be outraged by anything that happens to them.  Do you not remember how Carly reentered your life!  She totally took advantage of yours and Tony's daughter, BJ's, death and set about to destroy your marriage and to try to take over your life.

Bobbie and Felicia are so 1950's mean girls in the way that they relished spying and digging up information to upend Nelle's charades. Bobbie's righteous indignation is pretty childish. Both ladies probably don't have much else in their lives to get het up about. The characters are no doubt jealous of Nelle's well-scrubbed youth.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
(edited)

This must be how Robin fans must have felt. Yes,  congratulations, magical Dr. Michael Easton saved the hospital with his super-potent life-saving drug money (?) and that's great for the hospital and the Q's, but has no one thought to ask Lulu and/or Kevin what could have made Laura miss a board meeting that she knew was this important?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

The writers continued to bungle everything about the Nelle story, but it was her being all weepy and teary and basically crumbling when confronted by Bobbie that really annoyed me.  That's the moment where she should have shot back, "You know what, your bitch daughter deserves everything she gets!" and laid out whatever her grudge against Carly is.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This!  This this THIS!  Dr. Michael Easton being the hospital's savior instead of the Quartermaines - AND foiling Olivia J's scheme - was really, really irritating to me personally.  I got enough sweeps "heroics" from that stringy mop back on OLTL.

Well, I also think it was so Dr Michael could be ensnared into the wily arms of The Man. He's really saving his own ass though, since he would have been out of work if there was no hospital.

(Can I just say, the phrase "Dr Michael Easton" will still randomly crack me up? It's when it hits me all over again how absurd it is ME is on his third major character. I forget about it and then it smacks me in the face.)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

And I really don't want to know what he cut the umbilical cord with.  

I'm guessing he used his pocketknife.  Didn't he lend it to Robin during the trainwreck so she'd have something sharp to cut the cord during Alexis' delivery?

I can't find it right now, but someone on Twitter substituted Mufasa for the clouds parting scene and I almost fell off the couch.

I'm not super mad that Finn saved the day because I still consider the Qs the real saviors.  Finn just Sonny'd it with his last-second quarterbacking.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

and laid out whatever her grudge against Carly is.

But the writers don't know what her grudge is yet.  It's only been six months.  Let's not rush genius.  

• Love 16

What the holy fuck was that??? An hour of Carson flashbacks and JAson making out with a newborn? And I about fell over laughing when he just slid down the side of a bridge like it was nothing. 

I knew Finn would single handedly save the hospital. How heroic of him! An email all to prove his love for Hayden.?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

The good:  Bobbie confronting Nelle and giving her what for.  Was I supposed to feel bad for teary eyed Nelle as her tricks are being discovered?  Because.  No.

More good: Michael hugged Tracy after they won the revote.  Repeat: MICHAEL HUGGED TRACY!  He hugged Monica, too, but I could expect that given them being on good terms.  But . . . TRACY!

• Love 11

What exactly has Sam had to rise and overcome?

Lots of things:

Her first daughter being still born

Honeymoon rape fiasco 

Her brother Danny dying

Jason "dying"

I enjoyed KeMo today. I loved when she yelled in Jason's face to save the baby first.

Jason sliding down that wall was amusing. I was hoping he would do that.

My girl finally has a daughter. <3

• Love 11

The use - or should I say non-use - of Laura and Lucy in the hospital story also bugs me given the outcome.  Why did Laura have to be put into the story only to be drugged and victimized and mostly off-screen?  Why did Lucy pop in for literally one minute to be uncharacteristically shitty about the hospital closing?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Was Finn able to save the hospital because it's assumed the patent will provide a steady stream of cash, while the Qs' contribution was more of a one-time thing? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

I believe he sold it outright to the company whose rep he was talking to the other day and gave the entire proceeds to the hospital as a gift.  Brad's gonna be mad....

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Her first daughter being still born

Honeymoon rape fiasco 

Her brother Danny dying

Jason "dying"

Half of those things were due to Jason and/or the mob.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Linny said:

It kind of looked like Sam didn't take her pants off to give birth

It kind of looked like Jason was pulling the baby out of her belly button

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What the holy fuck was that??? An hour of Carson flashbacks and JAson making out with a newborn? And I about fell over laughing when he just slid down the side of a bridge like it was nothing. 

LMAO.

1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Shut up Bobbie!  …  Do you not remember how Carly reentered your life!  She totally took advantage of yours and Tony's daughter, BJ's, death and set about to destroy your marriage and to try to take over your life.   

Didn't you hear how that was explained? Carly said something like "Young, impressionable girls can fall for a married man. You did. I did." *

*This was the point at which someone in my house yelled "WHAT?????" at the tv.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, backhometome said:

And? they were still things she had to overcome.

OK. They were her choices and the consequences of being with a man who killed people for a living. We can agree to disagree.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I see that, too. And he just doesn't connect or know the history, so when he was screaming, "You're my Phoenix!" 

Maybe that was the writers' stab at making like they know history.  Any way you look at it, though, that was a painful line.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Bobbie and Felicia are so 1950's mean girls in the way that they relished spying and digging up information to upend Nelle's charades. Bobbie's righteous indignation is pretty childish. Both ladies probably don't have much else in their lives to get het up about. The characters are no doubt jealous of Nelle's well-scrubbed youth.

Felicia ain't got anything to be jealous of.  That woman looks amazing, for any age.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Fellaway said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Was Finn able to save the hospital because it's assumed the patent will provide a steady stream of cash, while the Qs' contribution was more of a one-time thing? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

I believe he sold it outright to the company whose rep he was talking to the other day and gave the entire proceeds to the hospital as a gift.  Brad's gonna be mad....

So it was a boatload more than the Qs could give, I guess? 

I hope we get a story about Brad getting back at Finn. It's the least he deserves for being such a jerk to Brad about the whole lab thing.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Bobbie and Felicia are so 1950's mean girls in the way that they relished spying and digging up information to upend Nelle's charades.

They didn't do it because they were bored—there was a legit reason to snoop. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Maybe that was the writers' stab at making like they know history.  Any way you look at it, though, that was a painful line.

It was all painful. I'm also imagining Stone bungee jumping off THAT bridge.  Wouldn't have ended well. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So it was a boatload more than the Qs could give, I guess? 

I hope we get a story about Brad getting back at Finn. It's the least he deserves for being such a jerk to Brad about the whole lab thing.

They didn't say the amount, but it was enough, added to the Qs' money, to make it a better offer than OJ's and give the hospital needed "liquidity."  They talked a lot about liquidity in that meeting.

I wouldn't blame Brad for being mad, as I think he did deserve at least a cut from the patent, but Finn didn't seem to want to make any profit on it at all.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Vyk said:

More good: Michael hugged Tracy after they won the revote.  Repeat: MICHAEL HUGGED TRACY!  He hugged Monica, too, but I could expect that given them being on good terms.  But . . . TRACY!

I love watching Michael and his Aunt Tracy!  It has been a long road for them but as he has grown to embrace his Quartermaine roots, Tracy has gone from distrusting and resenting Michael to loving and respecting him.  She is so proud of Michael and is pleased that he is the future of ELQ.  Aunt Tracy will hopefully be around for a LONG time to be  mentor to Michael.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It was all painful. I'm also imagining Stone bungee jumping off THAT bridge.  Wouldn't have ended well. 

That's probably the biggest stupidity: that a bridge that has been a big plot point for years was revised for the latest Jasam calamity. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's probably the biggest stupidity: that a bridge that has been a big plot point for years was revised for the latest Jasam calamity. 

Right? Now it's 2 feet off the ground and you can easily slide to the bottom on perfect green GRASS. CRY-ING.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't understand why they didn't just make it another bridge. Or if you're going to use a landmark that's important to character history, watch at least ONE of the scenes associated with it. Hell, this was googleable.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't understand why they didn't just make it another bridge. Or if you're going to use a landmark that's important to character history, watch at least ONE of the scenes associated with it. This was googable.

I don't get it either. The bridge is so specific and has been staple for 20+ years. Find something else to use.

1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

added to the Qs' money,

Ah! That makes sense now. I thought it was in place of the Qs' money. 

9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I wanted Liz to find her and deliver the baby but this show never gives me what I want

I thought for sure it would be Franco, so in this case I'm glad the show failed me.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought for sure it would be Franco, so in this case I'm glad the show failed me.

For reals.

I'm sure it won't last, but I'm enjoying this break from Franco.  We haven't seen him in like a week, right?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I am the exact opposite. I gave no fucks about anything today but Sam and her baby. I think Jason pulled her pants off and put his jacket over her during one of those millions of useless Nelle flashbacks.

I loved every cheesy bit of dialogue Jason spewed cause it was true. Sam is stronger than him and he is lucky she loves his ass so much. Half the stuff that has happened to her isn't his fault but unlucky fate and family. Her first baby dying, Danny dying, Danny being kidnapped at birth, Monica running her over, Nic hiding Jason from her, Furby tossing her over a bridge.

Nelle can fuck off and die. I don't care about Carly's revenge cause she will end up apologizing to Nelle and Sonny cause he didn't touch the Amish heifer.

The only thing missing is Sam holding her dark haired baby and introducing her to Danny and the Davis Coven.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

For reals.

I'm sure it won't last, but I'm enjoying this break from Franco.  We haven't seen him in like a week, right?

you don't get the previews, right? Cause he's back tomorrow. And his hair is bad.

21 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

The only thing missing is Sam holding her dark haired baby and introducing her to Danny and the Davis Coven.

I wouldn't miss these scenes. 

Has she named the baby? In the past I would've assumed they'll name a girl after Emily since she named their son after her brother but Emily has been such a non entity lately. I guess since I no longer watch GH.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I wouldn't miss these scenes. 

Has she named the baby? In the past I would've assumed they'll name a girl after Emily since she named their son after her brother but Emily has been such a non entity lately. I guess since I no longer watch GH.

They haven't named her yet and I refuse to acknowledge Sam's kid named after that idiot. May she and that name stay rotting in hell. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I wanted Liz to find her and deliver the baby but this show never gives me what I want

In reality, if this happened now, I wouldn't care, since I have not watched at all since Scrubs did me a favor and left town happily. But in theory, I'm glad the show didn't go there. The Liz/Sam angle has been done to death. I think each woman deserves a story but far away from each other.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I love the Jasam scenes we got. Welcome to the world, Jasam's baby girl. 

I guess naming her Julia after her father is out of the question, right?

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The Liz/Sam angle has been done to death. I think each woman deserves a story but far away from each other.

They need to restore some sort of balance. Liz saving Sam and baby girl Morgan evens their scales and begins to repair some of the damage she did to her relationship with Jason. 

Then she can move on to the next story - killing Franco in self-defense and bonding with Hayden when she decides to help cover it up. Needs to happen -because Liz/Franco are every Lifetime movie about an abusive partner. I keep expecting to see a PSA about the creepy manipulative BLATANT warning signs

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I see that, too. And he just doesn't connect or know the history, so when he was screaming, "You're my Phoenix!" it just looked like he was saying words as opposed to feeling it.

I've just given up and think of him as some guy named Jason. The "you're my Phoenix!" line could have been done in a million other ways if there were any competent writers, I mean it really seemed kinda random to me and I know the history. I know I'm just nitpicking but if I was a casual viewer I'd be scratching my head wondering where the fire was. (I know, I know, it's nitpicking but these writers have made me spiteful and cynical. I should just be grateful Sonny didn't slide down a moonbeam to save the day - with Max along of course, for the lifting part of the saving)

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The writers continued to bungle everything about the Nelle story, but it was her being all weepy and teary and basically crumbling when confronted by Bobbie that really annoyed me.  That's the moment where she should have shot back, "You know what, your bitch daughter deserves everything she gets!" and laid out whatever her grudge against Carly is.

This. I'm wondering if we'll ever know what "The Grudge" is. I wonder if the writers know yet. It's like Nelle is all "I went to Florida and all I got was a silver rattle with my sister-mother-cousin-whoever's name on it."

13 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

An image of Betty and Veronica from the Archie comic books sprang to mind, making mischief over a shared milkshake. Then I remembered the CW Riverdale show and shuddered.

Seriously though, I'm just happy when I see Felicia or any of the actual cast of General Hospital.

Why do I watch this show? I had my taxes done yesterday and it was less painful than watching TFGH has become. Old habits and all that I guess.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Also liked: Carly's assistant that Nelle talked to yesterday who clearly gave no fucks about Bobbie, Carly, or Nelle.

Oh yes, I loved him. A bright spot in a horrible episode. I'd want him back, but these writers will just ruin any potential so I hope we never see him again.

14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

JAson making out with a newborn ...

I lost it over this sentence lol!

13 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I hope Brad kills Finn.

• Love 2

I actually think BM did pretty well given the atrocious dialogue. He's not recognizable as Jason but characters that have been playing their characters for a decade+ are in the same boat so I don't know how much of it is him. 

At this point, I'd be willing to keep Jelly, despite their shittiness, if we could just see the back of FV,Sickles and RoHo and get a few of our script writers back

• Love 4