Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was going to say, while I thought for once BM gave a solid effort, there is something about the way he reassured Sam - and he's done this other times with other people though - it makes it feel like he's talking to a child, not an adult. Like "buck up, camper!"

Oh, God, yes. This. There was one episode last year in which Liz was giving him attitude like "I'll date who I want to date, and you have no say," and he was doing this smiling-through-frustration "Young lady, you better listen to me, 'cause I know what's good for you" thing. It was like...one of those cheesy comedies about the protective father whose little girl is growing up too fast. Miller just does not work for me in this role. But I rarely had much use for Jason (maybe early Liason, but not much else), so, eh. Change him into whatever the guy who's playing it can do.  

"You're my phoenix!" was bad, but what really gave me a near-laugh was Sam collapsing in the background while Jason, in blissful ignorance, talked to the baby for ten minutes. It was amusing in the way a gag in one of the Airplane! movies is amusing.  

Loving every minute of Tonja Walker. I actually thought to myself, "I'm going to miss this crazy bitch." Olivia Jerome, that is. Ms. Walker is not a crazy bitch. I want to give Chloe Lanier some kind of award: Distinguished Achievement in Overcoming Miscasting. I don't think she's really right for the role of Nelle, as I understand what they are writing. Especially the parts with Michael. But because she's skilled and intelligent, she's good anyway. She's showing how it's done, how to make the most of so-so material where all the story beats are obvious well before they're hit, to anyone who has ever watched two weeks of a soap opera. She can stay, as far as I'm concerned.  

45 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I actually think BM did pretty well given the atrocious dialogue. He's not recognizable as Jason but characters that have been playing their characters for a decade+ are in the same boat so I don't know how much of it is him. 

I've been back-and-forth on this from the beginning, but after watching a bunch of JQ scenes recently, I really think the show should have had the balls to allow BM to play JQ. He fits the role completely and it would have given the show endless story possibilities.

• Love 8

I didn't see yesterday's episode due to a small plane crash special report.  Once they've shown the crash scene, what's the point of yammering on when they don't have any details?

Anyhoo, after Sam gave birth without taking off her pants, did they slap a bandaid on her neck, like they do after brain surgery?

• Love 6

So...... Finn saved GH by selling out his third-world cure to the Evil Overcharging PharmaBro Company? Way to change your moral compass, Dr. Nasal.

Once again, a Pet Saves the Day, when someone else (oh, Valentin) could have thrown money to save the day.

OJ has come precariously close to the Anna storyline, which would have also brought Valentin into collision, but no storyline can have more than one whiny "Poor Meeeeeeee" character at one time.

We're gonna have a lame True Reveal of Nelle's Grudge, aren't we?

Forgot to add last week: Robin's and Griffith's conversation with "sister" and "oh, brother" were not-so-subtle hints that Father Doctor is the AnnaDuke Baby.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Blackie said:
19 hours ago, Linny said:

It kind of looked like Sam didn't take her pants off to give birth

It kind of looked like Jason was pulling the baby out of her belly button

For a moment, I though Jason was taking off HIS pants, and we were yelling, "No! No! HERS!"

• Love 6
(edited)
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I've been back-and-forth on this from the beginning, but after watching a bunch of JQ scenes recently, I really think the show should have had the balls to allow BM to play JQ. He fits the role completely and it would have given the show endless story possibilities.

I think that would have been both more interesting and easier for both the writers and the actor.  Plus, the Cassadines were hacking about in his brain anyway - they could've accidentally restored some of those memories, either accidentally or just for sh*ts and giggles.

I think Jelly were just reluctant to learn any more GH history - and they don't take chances and they're not particularly creative. Plus, we'd still be dealing with everyone else being written out of character - Jason would just be the only character with a legit reason

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Eh, I'd argue he's less of a pet than the likes of Franco, Dr. Michael Easton, Rebecca Budig.

Could have fooled me with his ever changing backstory and motivations, the fact he murdered the man that signed over his fortune mere seconds afterwards and still gets to keep it, his is more favorable written in the custody story than Lulu (who for all intents and purposes was raped and had her children kidnapped, twice). I think that Valentin is in his in one bubble over a story and they can't think to move him to another. I wouldn't speculate that they are setting up Valentin as being poor, because I don't think Jelly think that far ahead. 

I hate her, but Nina would be a better person, since we know she is rich and she is naive enough to think that rescuing the hospital would improve her and Valentin's chances in the custody dispute. 

50 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I didn't see yesterday's episode due to a small plane crash special report.  Once they've shown the crash scene, what's the point of yammering on when they don't have any details?

Anyhoo, after Sam gave birth without taking off her pants, did they slap a bandaid on her neck, like they do after brain surgery?

Nope, they put it on her belly button...'tis the way to the uterus after all!

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Could have fooled me with his ever changing backstory and motivations, the fact he murdered the man that signed over his fortune mere seconds afterwards and still gets to keep it, his is more favorable written in the custody story than Lulu (who for all intents and purposes was raped and had her children kidnapped, twice). I think that Valentin is in his in one bubble over a story and they can't think to move him to another. I wouldn't speculate that they are setting up Valentin as being poor, because I don't think Jelly think that far ahead. 

I was referring more to the actor, but still, overall, I don't Frank and co. are as invested as making him and that character happen the same way they are with the examples I provided.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes, I'm with TeeVee329 on that one. Valentin is more on the level of Julian or Paul, the new "dark" flavor of the month. Finn, Ava, Franco, Hayden, and sometimes Nina are the pets, played by Soap Royalty™.

I'm more or less okay with it, really; I like two of them a lot (Ava and Hayden) and don't mind a third (Finn), so that's a pretty good average. Probably the same average I have with any five long-established characters. But from watching the show in the last couple years, I see an obvious mission to Make Them Happen that I don't see with Griffin or Valentin, and I do think it has to do with the actors' status in the daytime biz, their successes on other soaps. Valentin's story is really about Anna, and his other story is at least as much about Lulu as it is about him. But Hayden's story, Finn's story, Franco's story...they sure aren't playing support to Liz or Tracy or anyone else.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

WOW - GH must've been canceled recently because Carly just grew a backbone and stood up to Sonny!  She forgave him the sleeping with Slutty Nell but not for lyIng about it.  Now just stick to that.

I was really waiting for Sonny to say "but we were on a breaaaaaaakkkkkk!"

• Love 8

It doesn't bode well for an episode to begin with Franco and Liz in bed. How sad is it that Liz's predominant role is to fawn over Franco? 

I'm loving Sonny putting the pieces together and realizing that Nelle orchestrated this whole scenario. I wish we could get a spectacular takedown of Nelle, but my expectations are low. Sonny and Carly did refer to Nelle as both a bitch and a slut, so now someone needs to throw a glass across the room and I'll have bingo. 

I was having the hardest time understanding Jason today. I know he's in crisis mode, but please enunciate. It didn't help that the baby kept crying over him.

So Liv claims something is underneath GH. I hope it's the hellmouth, that would explain a lot.

• Love 14
Just now, Linny said:

I was having the hardest time understanding Jason today. I know he's in crisis mode, but please enunciate. It didn't help that the baby kept crying over him.

Where's Constance Towers when you need her?

• Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed Monica's "Probably never" response to Franco's asking when he could come back to work, but everything after that was terrible.  Monica having to give Franco a tongue bath about being "fantastic" with patients and totally not a "danger".  Franco whining about the civil suit brought against him by the families of his SERIAL KILLING.  The pointlessness of it all given Franco's just gonna work at GH in some other capacity.  And, of course, the writers making sure Liz was on hand when Sam and Jason came in with the baby. 

Could Olivia J. be after Helena's ENDGAME lab?!?!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

What is the reasoning in putting Franco in a JaSam scene when Jason is trying to get help for his wife and newborn DAUGHTER? (Jason better never let Franco near that little girl!)

And of course tomorrow we have Jake asking FRANCO if Sam and the baby are going to be okay. OF COURSE. No need to see the actual JaSam child asking that of his grandma Alexis, right?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

WOW - GH must've been canceled recently because Carly just grew a backbone and stood up to Sonny!

Yeah so many storylines have had closure or real development in the past week. It could be a sweeps thing, but feels more like the Inevitable End, that "Slow Train Comin' Round the Bend" per B Dylan.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Linny said:

It doesn't bode well for an episode to begin with Franco and Liz in bed. How sad is it that Liz's predominant role is to fawn over Franco? 

I'm loving Sonny putting the pieces together and realizing that Nelle orchestrated this whole scenario. I wish we could get a spectacular takedown of Nelle, but my expectations are low. Sonny and Carly did refer to Nelle as both a bitch and a slut, so now someone needs to throw a glass across the room and I'll have bingo. 

So Liv claims something is underneath GH. I hope it's the hellmouth, that would explain a lot.

I hope that Nelle isn't taken down, despite how lackluster the character is, for the simple reason that Sonny and Carly deserve it. Carly and Sonny have pulled similar shit in the past and not only have gotten away with it, they got their victim, AJ to fall on the sword for it.

• Love 5

Once Nelle's grudge/connection to Carly's past is explained, there absolutely should be a scene where Carly is all, "How can I blame her, I did the same exact thing."  I'm sure everyone and their dog will rush to reassure Carly that she's not the same as Nelle, but to not even acknowledge that history would be bullshit.

• Love 8

The good:  Great big giant fat kudos to Laura Wright.  Girl works it and I believe her.  I like that she eventually believed Sonny, but that she won't forgive him about the lying.  Also, having Nelle and MIchael show up as she's opening the door, good soapyness right there.  I was all, but I want to see what happens next.  My hope:  that Nelle doesn't turn into a snivelling cry baby and launches whatever attack she has at CarSon.  Otherwise, it's no fun if it isn't a fair fight.  

Curtis and Alexis showing up and letting Jordan know what's what and Jordan mobilizing out.  Too bad LIv beat them at their own game.  

The bad:  Sorry JaSam fans, but everything JaSam, again.  From both of them shoving their hands in the blood (who does that?  I get that it was to show the audience that Sam was bleeding but no one does that).  To Jason somehow climbinb to the top of the bridge with a 100 pound woman in his arms.  How exactly?  To them stopping mid bridge for a conversation.

Everything Franco.  UGH.  He's ruined Liz for me.  

56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

a "danger".  Franco whining about the civil suit brought against him by the families of his SERIAL KILLING. 

Well, at least they rememberd that.  

• Love 5

was that a return of her psychic visions? Or just proto-Italian momma intuition?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

was that a return of her psychic visions? Or just proto-Italian momma intuition?

Wrong "Liv".  This was the Jerome "Liv", not the Dante's mom "Liv".  Crazy isn't it that these moron writers have two characters named Oliva on the show at the same time.  

• Love 3

Jason has the strength of a million people y'all. I don't even know how he carried Sam and the baby up that hill and I don't give a fuck.

Even with all that cheese. I really did enjoy the Jasam scenes. I loved that Jason told Sam, he was "never gonna leave her again". I also loved looking at little baby girl "scout". She is adorable. 

I did not like the freak being involved though. Liz, I can understand. She was works in the Hospital but no to Freako. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Also, having Nelle and MIchael show up as she's opening the door, good soapyness right there.

I don't think I mentioned, but I thought Sonny showing up just as Carly was leaving yesterday was also very soapy, that it was a completely accidental thing that ended up looking really bad given what Carly had just discovered.

My hope:  that Nelle doesn't turn into a snivelling cry baby and launches whatever attack she has at CarSon.  Otherwise, it's no fun if it isn't a fair fight.  

I wonder when she's gonna come clean about the quotation marks around "sleeping with Sonny".  I could see her pathetically revealing it right away to try and save her "epic romance" with Michael, blech.

• Love 6
(edited)

Get ready people! It's time for Gentle Janitor Franco!

The baby is cute. Jason scaling the wall with Sam and cute baby was ridiculous though. Couldn't the ambulance have picked them up at that point? I know it's a soap, but there were a little too many ridiculous contrivances that were only contrivances until they didn't need to be, and the wall was the worst one. 

I don't know what confuses me more, Franco's hair or Michael and Nelle. And by that I mean, how can they see it's not good. I guess Franco's hair confuses me slightly more. It is disgusting. I can kinda see how maybe they want to give Michael and Nelle a bit more time to work up some rapport, but that's just me being slightly nice. There is nothing between them except twin vibes. It's been months. Time to start changing up the Michael/Nelle romance angle. I think even Liz/Franco might be better. At least they have chemistry.

Carly made some good points at the end. And I like that she acknowledged that she doesn't know how she would have reacted but the point was that they'll never know. So I have to admit I was wrong and say that the writers DID give Carly a legitimate grievance that won't just be explained away because Nelle manipulated the situation. Although I could have done with less "we won't have that future we were planning!" stuff. Really? What's really changed? She knows what he's capable of. When she was asking him "how could you do this?" I was thinking, oh, if she thinks about it I'm sure she can find the answer.

Tracy (to Hayden and Finn): is the spark already gone?

Yup! Time to find another character to play!*

*in the same tone as the guy from "Flip or Flop": "Time to find another house to flip!" 

Liz and Franco in the bedroom reminded me of a tales of evil fairies luring people to their underground caves.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

Wrong "Liv".  This was the Jerome "Liv", not the Dante's mom "Liv".  Crazy isn't it that these moron writers have two characters named Oliva on the show at the same time.  

They couldn't really change Olivia J's name though. Besides, Olivia J is only going to be around a short while, hopefully. And I kinda like that touch of people having the same name once in a while, as long both characters aren't around a long time. Besides, I think they've avoided confusion on the show . . . just it gets a little confusing when talking about the show, heh.

Speaking of Jeromes, how is Julian attached to the radiator? Are his feet cuffed there too or just his wrists? Are his wrists even attached to the radiator? I'm asking because it looked liked several times he could have grabbed her wrist, fast enough that he could have broken it without getting too much damage to himself.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Speaking of Jeromes, how is Julian attached to the radiator?

He was attached by handcuffs, but when Jordan showed up, the handcuffs were still there.  So did Liv undo him and they santered away together?  How is she making him do the things that he's doing?

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Time to start changing up the Michael/Nelle romance angle. I think even Liz/Franco might be better.

But that's like saying, would you rather be kicked in the crotch or in the face.  I want neither.  

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But that's like saying, would you rather be kicked in the crotch or in the face.  I want neither.  

Indeed. But I just mean, I can see how they think Franco/Liz might/can be viable. I can't really see that with Michael/Nelle.

It was also cute seeing Liz get excited over working the night shift.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am thrilled with Bobbie - and Felicia and any vet that gets to play characters that I know and love and have loved for decades.  With all the newbies on GH, I have zero problem with Bobbie yelling at Nelle or Felicia conspiring with Bobbie to unmask her.  I don't care what they did in the past because I hate when newbies are written to one-up the vets.  Just look at how Fin was able to ride in and save GH.  I guess it never occurred to the writers to let Monica or Tracy do that or even Michael - you know, the people who actually love and adore GH and have been a part of the story and history for years?  I am happy that the writers, lately, are giving more airtime to the vets because they are the ones that keep me watching.  Fin and Hayden?  Eh.  Franco?  No.  Jordan?  No.  Kiki?  Not really.  Curtis?  Uh, yes.  Nell?  No.  My point is that I can enjoy the new characters ONLY IF they are secondary to the vet characters.  Unfortunately, the writers were giving the newbies way too much front storytelling and airtime, and I was bored out of my mind.  Now, at least, I'm seeing more of the vets (i.e., Bobbie, Felicia, Tracy, Monica, Michael, Laura (hopefully Kevin soon), Ned and Lucas).  So yeah, more please.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

So...... Finn saved GH by selling out his third-world cure to the Evil Overcharging PharmaBro Company? Way to change your moral compass, Dr. Nasal.

Once again, a Pet Saves the Day, when someone else (oh, Valentin) could have thrown money to save the day.

I'm just glad it wasn't Sonny who saved the day.  I'll take that pet (or any pet) over that vet, any day.  But, I hate Sonny with the heat of a thousand fiery suns, so...

• Love 7

The smear of strawberry jam on the baby's forehead will never not be funny. And the way Sam keeps losing and regaining consciousness (a.k.a., the Flop) is UCG.

I expected Jason to rappel down the bridge to get Sam, but instead he Spider-Mans his way up carrying her and the baby. I was close.

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny. When will you learn that the coverup is almost always worse than the crime? If he'd told Carly what happened when she told him about kissing Jax, there'd be no problem. He's such an idiot. Though the Carly/Sonny scenes these past few days have been surprisingly good soap. Carly blaming Sonny for Nelle "weaseling her way into [their] family" is a bit much, however. Bobbie raised the alarm really early and Carly ignored her; I don't think she'd have listened to Sonny.

"It's not the building. It's what lies beneath." A hellmouth would explain a lot. But we'd better hear what the deal is and why it took until 2017 to be discovered.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason scaling the wall with Sam and cute baby was ridiculous though

Jason and Robin used to be damn TERRIFIED when they would see each other walking on the ledge. And now Jason's floating up the side with a grown woman and a baby. Help.

(edited)

It's ironic how they are maligning the pharmaceutical company who wants to market Finn's cure.  Greedy!  And then running Finola Hughes PSA's for their drug company sponsor. 

Jason and Robin used to be damn TERRIFIED when they would see each other walking on the ledge. And now Jason's floating up the side with a grown woman and a baby. Help.

Wasn't that the bridge that Robert Scorpio was going to throw himself off of before Luke showed up and talked him down?  It reminds me of the old Burt Reynold's movie "The End", where Burt's character is terminal and wants to jump off a building, and he's arguing with another character about the building not being high enough.  He changes his mind, goes to get off the ledge, falls, survives, and the other character says, "You're right, it's not high enough!". 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Remember when Robin was thinking about jumping and then Jason got up there with her, too?  Remember how scary that was?  Now the mental image is they were standing atop a slide at the local playground.

Maybe for their next ~adventure Jason can same Sam from a particularly vicious paper cut she gets while printing out flyers at Kinko's.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Remember when he was struggling to drag Dante, like, 10 feet? Heh.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"It's not the building. It's what lies beneath." A hellmouth would explain a lot. But we'd better hear what the deal is and why it took until 2017 to be discovered.

It's the nonexistent oil well that Holly Sutton and her grifter family convinced folks was near Port Charles in order to get folks to buy into their scheme.

40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

• Not a hellhole, but a bit fat wormhole that characters in Port Charles use to teleport themselves so quickly to various locations?
  • A oil gusher field as big as Spindletop in East Texas?
  • A race of aliens?
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ew, opening with Franco and Liz in bed.  Some of us are finishing our lunch, Show!

Me and my sister both immediately and in unison said, "Ew!"as soon as we pushed play. LOL.

Seriously though, why the fuck does RoHo not wash his hair? And why doesn't BH refuse to share scenes with him until he does? He just looks so filthy, it's disgusting.

Listen, I actually thought the Sonny/Carly scenes were good. LW was really good and MB managed to be basically decent the whole time. And as much as I've been maligning this Nelle story, when the ep ended with Sonny/Carly opening the door to Michael/Nelle I was all, "Ooooohhhh!" I know it'll suck, but that had me curious for the reveal.

I also thought the Jason/Sam scenes were decent today. I thought KeMo was really good in them and normally I don't have strong feelings either way about her.

ETA: Oh also I really enjoyed Liv today. TW's just gone full camp with it and it's fun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Fuck. They need to recast Lucky. I was severely against it, but if it means I don't have to watch Franco be a father to Jake, it's worth it. 

LOL, show deciding to have Liz and Franco anywhere near JaSam is comedy. Jelly need to stop.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Fuck. They need to recast Lucky. I was severely against it, but if it means I don't have to watch Franco be a father to Jake, it's worth it. 

LOL, show deciding to have Liz and Franco anywhere near JaSam is comedy. Jelly need to stop.

They really don't need to recast Lucky. It's the writers who love Franco so he gets scenes with Jason and Elizabeth's kid to seem more sympathetic. 

Jelly would just write Lucky as a bad guy to Franco who would help Aiden overcome his abandonment issues. 

And Franco is obsessed with Jason. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Jelly would just write Lucky as a bad guy to Franco who would help Aiden overcome his abandonment issues. 

You can't see me but I'm frowning and nodding right now.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ew, opening with Franco and Liz in bed.  Some of us are finishing our lunch, Show!

My thoughts exactly. To me, visually they look gross together. They really really need to do something about his hair. It is not even funny anymore. It so grossed me out in that bed scene today. WTF are they thinking? No disrespect, but he seriously looks like a homeless bum with no shower access.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You can't see me but I'm frowning and nodding right now.

Yes but I think a Lucky, any Lucky, seriously, fucking Jacob Young at this point, would cause a severe drop in Friz interest and/or the Lucky/Liz fans would grow. Frank could TRY to make Lucky Spencer an asshole but that would work just as well as making Hayden the bad guy for getting shot in the head. Sooo . . . FV would probably just send Lucky packing again. Damn it.

• Love 5