Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, Ladyrain said:

How could Ryan tie up two people with one hand?   Either it's not Ryan or he has an accomplice. 

I think we're supposed to handwave that problem away, you should pardon the pun.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The writing for Anna lately appears to be a lame attempt by the writers to try to force the audience to believe Anna and Finn are an awesome couple, while the ex-husband with whom she has great chemistry is mostly an annoyance to her - but she tolerates him out of love for Robin and the grandkids. Ughhh. 

The problem is that TR is an interesting actor and Robert has that twinkle in his eye while Finn is a cure for insomnia.  The only time Finn/Anna worked for me was when Faison was after her and Finn had something to do for her.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I believe Maxie's hairdo was not extensions but what we used to call a 'fall' which attaches on top of the head and the regular hair is blended into it. Easy peasy. Takes about 3 minutes. And I agree, it wasn't Maxie's best look. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes, but she was his accomplice to steal the drugs -- the woman who still uses high school? bumper stickers on her car (hello 1970's!).  We don't know how Ryan one-handed lifted and tied up two people, but the woman was definitely dead when Laura and Curtis arrived.

Oh geez, you're right.   This show is confusing me so much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, Gam2 said:

As far as I know, it’s Ryan who tied up Laura and Curtis but we never actually saw anyone do it. 

I don’t know why they’re being so precious about not showing Ryan. It’s not like they’re saving money by not bringing the actor back early, because he’s already on set. And it’s not like it’s any big mystery who it is. All I know is, Ryan needs to hurry and get back to PC. He’s got a kidney to donate. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, LexieLily said:

As far as I know from Twitter, Scotty/Lucy had a plan for Lucy to proposition Kevin in one of the hotel rooms while Scotty brought Ava up to the room so Ava could "catch" them. 

So that’s what was going on? Dumb. This is why I only half watch lately.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, and I guess they redid the opening again?  Pros - they slooowed down the flipbook and actually showed THE HOSPITAL in the cityscape behind the logo.  Cons - this awful new theme music.

This is by far the slowest falling picture sequence I’ve seen, but I have noticed slight variances on other days. I wonder if they speed up/slow down based on how much time they need to fill? This stupid red carpet show is all padding, anyway, so maybe they had a few extra seconds.

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

It’s sooo boring. I don’t even care about the fashion, it’s not like all the dresses weren’t bought at TJ Maxx anyway. Seems like a bit much for an event that is attended by, at most, 20 people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t know why they’re being so precious about not showing Ryan. It’s not like they’re saving money by not bringing the actor back early, because he’s already on set. And it’s not like it’s any big mystery who it is. All I know is, Ryan needs to hurry and get back to PC. He’s got a kidney to donate. 

Unless it is a mystery. Maybe they're pulling a fast one and it's not Ryan.  Maybe it's some other dead character.  Kevin O' Connor (not sure he still knows anybody in town besides Bobbie, but I'm going for the uber ridiculous here).  Alan Quartermaine.  Diego--Again.  That was the storyline that made me stop watching for a long time after all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna seems to just want Robert to go away. I thought the "God help us all' comment in response to Felicia''s line about the Scorpio brothers was rude and unnecessary. The writing for Anna lately appears to be a lame attempt by the writers to try to force the audience to believe Anna and Finn are an awesome couple, while the ex-husband with whom she has great chemistry is mostly an annoyance to her - but she tolerates him out of love for Robin and the grandkids. Ughhh. 

I hate this part of the story.  But then I was always Robert / Anna, not Robert / Holly. I cried when they got remarried in the 1990's and again during Night Shift II when it seemed clear they were there for each other until the end. 

The Anna the show has been writing for the last two to three years - I'm not sure who that character is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On May 17, 2019 at 8:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, and I guess they redid the opening again?  Pros - they slooowed down the flipbook and actually showed THE HOSPITAL in the cityscape behind the logo.  Cons - this awful new theme music.

I hope that generic theme music is just temporary for the Nurses' Ball.  In the past whenever they changed the theme they still kept the iconic first three notes.

Maxie's hair looked awful but IMO still an improvement over her regular hair.

Do the hairstylists hate Elizabeth?  That weird updo made her look 85.  

Lucy looked fabulous as always, as did Ava.  One thing I will miss about MS is her saying 'Ava Zherome' which always cracked me up.  Did she call her brother Zhulian Zherome? I never caught that.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Katy M said:

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

I figured that to some extent, it was supposed to be cheesy. I live in a pretty big metropolitan area, but when we get broadcasts of major local events with well-known local "hosts", they're just as bad as what we watched on GH. 

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

It eats up a lot of airtime.  It's a bit of fluff that they don't have to write meaningful dialog for. 

They didn't give Chandra Wilson much to work with, but I don't think she brought her acting "A" game. 

I think you're right about the filler. I did enjoy Nina's boss not particularly liking her. 

12 hours ago, paisley said:

I believe Maxie's hairdo was not extensions but what we used to call a 'fall' which attaches on top of the head and the regular hair is blended into it. Easy peasy. Takes about 3 minutes. And I agree, it wasn't Maxie's best look. 

(small voice) I kind of liked it. It was all one length (unlike the scraggly, uneven stuff like we usually see on Nina) and it was a different look for her, although they probably gave her the fall instead of getting her a more expensive dress.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rur said:

I think you're right about the filler. I did enjoy Nina's boss not particularly liking her. 

14 hours ago, paisley said:

Nina is not her boss. Julian had originally bought the magazine and hired Nina to run the magazine into the ground, but thanks to Maxie, Nina was able to succeed. Later, she blackmailed Julian for control of the magazine, but I can remember if she obtain ownership or Drew purchased it under  Aurora Media.

Share this post


Link to post

So Ryan got the jump on Curtis and Laura, but instead of just killing them like he did the lady, he decided to carry their unconscious bodies to chairs, tie them up and rig the place to explode. You have to admire his one-handed can-do attitude! And he took the dead lady somewhere else. Maybe she will pop out of a cake at the Nurses Ball or something.

I guess nobody misses the mayor. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The red carpet stuff is filler so the NB lasts more than one episode. I don’t mind it. It’s dumb, but at least it fits in with the NB. It sort of reminds me of the post-prom thing my city does on the local cable access channel. Kids ham it up and everyone has a good time.

 I’d rather see the red carpet than Magic Milo, for instance. Thank Jasus Milo is busy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, Hater said:

Finola’s summer vacation is earlier and longer this year according to the “insiders.” I wonder why.... 

FH came back from last summer's vacation seemingly more balanced/happier than I've seen her in years.  ME, with assistance from parking lot pete,  just sucked the air out of that zen throughout the year.  Funny, it's not only Robert Scorpio who has the twinkle in the eye when Anna and Robert are in the same space.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

FH came back from last summer's vacation seemingly more balanced/happier than I've seen her in years.  ME, with assistance from parking lot pete,  just sucked the air out of that zen throughout the year.  Funny, it's not only Robert Scorpio who has the twinkle in the eye when Anna and Robert are in the same space.

All the more reason to throw Finn back to...

Hayden, once she comes back...

And let Robert and Anna just be spyalicious and flirt with each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The sudden Nina falling in love with Jax is random. Not that it couldn’t happen because IR is amazing looking but she’s been gaga with Valentin Cassidine from jump. I guess they are setting up the nuNina storyline with Jax in case she doesn’t have chemistry with Valentin. Also, if nuNina hooks up with Jax it would put her in Carly’s world reuniting LW and CW again. Just a thought. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

How could Ryan tie up two people with one hand?   Either it's not Ryan or he has an accomplice. 

Is it possible that the dead woman isn't dead?  It's not like either Curtis or Laura paid that close attention to her.  she could have been faking and when Ryan knocked out Curtis she helped him tie them up.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Is it possible that the dead woman isn't dead?  It's not like either Curtis or Laura paid that close attention to her.  she could have been faking and when Ryan knocked out Curtis she helped him tie them up.  

Curtis checked her pulse.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Curtis checked her pulse.

Yeah, but this is Port Charles, where unless you have been decapitated, you're never truly dead.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Curtis checked her pulse.

The police checked Diego's pulse also.  No, I won't let it go.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, but this is Port Charles, where unless you have been decapitated, you're never truly dead.  

I believe Helena Cassadise could have recovered from decapitation.  'Cause she was that awesome.  A perfectly coiffed head would have grown out of her severed neck.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

So when did Elizabeth stop being a nurse at GH. I mean, she wasn't in the opening number by the nurses so I guess she is a doctor now? Physical therapist? Could they really not have just had her do something in the back with the dancers if they didn't want her tio sing?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So when did Elizabeth stop being a nurse at GH. I mean, she wasn't in the opening number by the nurses so I guess she is a doctor now? Physical therapist? Could they really not have just had her do something in the back with the dancers if they didn't want her tio sing?

I think the bigger question is how do all these nurses have the night of the Nurses' Ball off?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just assumed they gave all the sickies that same serum they give the dead to bring them back to life so they all got better. That way, the docs and nurses didn't have to tend to anyone that night.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So when did Elizabeth stop being a nurse at GH. I mean, she wasn't in the opening number by the nurses so I guess she is a doctor now? Physical therapist? Could they really not have just had her do something in the back with the dancers if they didn't want her tio sing?

She hasn't been in the nurses number for years.  I don't think Becky likes to do it so they don't make her.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really wasn't feeling either of the musical numbers today. That opener starring Felix, Amy, and Not Amy would mean more if we saw any of those people more than once in a blue moon. It kind of just emphasizes how limited and marginalized the hospital and its staff are currently. And while Chase and Willow are adorable, I don't like that Coldplay song so it was a miss for me, too.

I'm glad Mike and Yvonne didn't put up a fuss with the ring swap, and I felt a little sorry for Robert when Anna laid into him. Unless I'm misreading him, I don't think he ever thought he'd win Anna away from Finn, more that he felt slightly threatened by seeing Anna's bond with Finn and didn't handle it gracefully. But whatever, it's time for Finn to do the damn thing.

Unless that llama is secretly Bran warging in from Westeros, I don't see any need for its reappearance this year. Cam sure acted his heart out with it, though.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Anna telling Robert "you can't expect me to try again" and that she'll always love him but she's in love with Finn made it sound like 'well, I have no history or deep connection with Finn, so that's easier and I'l go with that.' 

I liked Robert's WTF ever dude reaction to Finn when he was like nah nah, I got the ring back, you lose. Finn just looks soooo lame and pathetic in that conversation. The ring landing at Anna's feet on stage is also lame, and right after I was already annoyed that she gestured to Sonny re: Stone. (What was supposed to be a moment of Carly& Sonny affection there made me go UGH in part because Carly never knew Stone.) I didn't love Anna's brief speech because she also didn't know Stone, missed all of Robin's struggle as a young person with HIV, and Robin's HIV has rarely been included in the mother-daughter conversations. Mac Scorpio should have been the one on stage talking about Robin, and mentioning Stone. 

The actor who plays Chase was a good sport on stage, performing. I liked the dancing on stage with Willow at the end.

Nina/Nina and Valentine - Ugh.  Nina likes to say "my daughter" almost as much as Sonny likes to say "my son" instead of Dante or Michael.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The actor who plays Chase was a good sport on stage, performing.

yes, even though like last year the choreography made no sense.

I loved how the sleeves in Anna's dress went, but it weirdly puckered in the front like she had a huge outey belly button or was stowing some secret WSIB signalling device.

*WSB  

Edited by Blackie · Reason: WSIB is some uniquely Canadian typo
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Chase’s act was just terrible. Hated that song, how he “sang” it (autotuned) and the dancing was atrocious! That whole thing was embarrassing for him, Willow and the other dancers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That song is not too great for dancing to. Plus I always thought it was a good song for Lante (not as a Nurses Ball act, ew) so Chase singing it bugs me slightly, heh.

Share this post


Link to post

Chase can do no wrong in my eyes so I enjoyed it. That said, I had no idea what the concept was. Were they on tinder and swiping fur someone who doesn't have superhuman gifts? And wardrobe is awful for putting him in those stupid pants. But then he smiles and I'm back to just loving Chase.

And I see Carly got in an awkward laugh duri,g his number. I swear, she must have a quota to meet with those weird giggles of hers.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah why was Chase wearing those weird mom jeans?

The opening number - cringe-worthy as always.  I was just about to say that Amy could sing until she hit those weird notes towards the end.

Cam and the llama were cute!  The llama was pushing his ears back as Cam spoke to him, just like a dog.

Yvonne was also cute in her liking the substitute ring better.

Jax, Mac and Robert F! Scorpio in the same episode *fans self* hot Aussie dudes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I felt a little sorry for Robert when Anna laid into him. Unless I'm misreading him, I don't think he ever thought he'd win Anna away from Finn, more that he felt slightly threatened by seeing Anna's bond with Finn and didn't handle it gracefully. But whatever, it's time for Finn to do the damn thing.

Unless that llama is secretly Bran warging in from Westeros, I don't see any need for its reappearance this year. Cam sure acted his heart out with it, though.

  1.  Anna can just STFU. And what bond? I don't see any fucking bond.
  2. 🤣🤣
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna telling Robert "you can't expect me to try again" and that she'll always love him but she's in love with Finn made it sound like 'well, I have no history or deep connection with Finn, so that's easier and I'l go with that.' 

I liked Robert's WTF ever dude reaction to Finn when he was like nah nah, I got the ring back, you lose. Finn just looks soooo lame and pathetic in that conversation. The ring landing at Anna's feet on stage is also lame, and right after I was already annoyed that she gestured to Sonny re: Stone. (What was supposed to be a moment of Carly& Sonny affection there made me go UGH in part because Carly never knew Stone.) I didn't love Anna's brief speech because she also didn't know Stone, missed all of Robin's struggle as a young person with HIV, and Robin's HIV has rarely been included in the mother-daughter conversations. Mac Scorpio should have been the one on stage talking about Robin, and mentioning Stone. 

UGH. And PREACH! Since Robin/Kimberly couldn't make it this year, it SHOULD HAVE been Mac talking about Robin's struggle and Stone.

1 minute ago, Kiki777 said:

Jax, Mac and Robert F! Scorpio in the same episode *fans self* hot Aussie dudes

giphy.gif

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

This show can have Anna claiming she loves Fin The Potted Plant to Kingdom Come, but not buying it. Never will.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

That opening number sounded like a bunch of cats dying of cat aids.

Awful...who thought Nurse Amy sounded good? 

Frank needs serious help if this is the product he gets to keep churning out and it actually gets approval.

Cheese fest. 

Edited by Hater
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think it’s kind of sweet that they still include Jackie Z in the Nurse’s Ball but she seemed lost quite a bit of the time. Maybe she just couldn’t keep up because of her age or some kind of disability? Perhaps she’d be better sitting in the audience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gam2 said:

I think it’s kind of sweet that they still include Jackie Z in the Nurse’s Ball but she seemed lost quite a bit of the time. Maybe she just couldn’t keep up because of her age or some kind of disability? Perhaps she’d be better sitting in the audience? 

They all seemed lost.  

Share this post


Link to post

Anna just sounded and looked the fool today. Of course it didn't help that she just assumed that it's Robert who wants to propose and get married again. This was on the level of hijinks that ensued on Three's Company, bad.

I loved Robert laughing in her face, as she stuttered and stammered in trying to convince herself that she's in love with that disposable Kleenex Finn.

And Anna was so not the person to be on the stage talking about how Robin lives with HIV. As others have stated up thread, it should have been Mac. I probably wouldn't have rolled my eyes if maybe Anna had mentioned she didn't find out about it until years later, but that she saw how strong Robin was.

I really do miss the Nurses Ball of 1994-1996. I think my favorite was the one with Miguel and when they aired all those AIDS quilts. That one never fails to make me weepy and give me chills. So simple without the cheese, and meaningful.

I laughed my ass off when Robert hit Finn's hand, causing the ring to roll and fall at Anna's feet.

It came across as 'ye doth protest too much' with the way Anna was bitching about how Robert was "thisclose" to her, like literally attached to her hip, which, no he wasn't.

I FUCKING HATE FRANK and whoever else is responsible for the writing for Anna, for ruining this character for me.

Tristan Rogers is too good for this craptastic fakakta shithole of a show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The opening number with the non contractors was soooo cringe worthy. It might mean more if they actually had storylines and were on the show more than twice a year. They must be mortified having to that in front of all their contract friends. Cam and the llama was actually well done. The llama even seemed to be listening. Is that possible? Shiloh and the cult in the local neighborhood that everyone is just finding out about is so lame. I like the actor playing Shiloh but can we just kill him and start the whodunnit they we know they’re dying to do. Also, great seeing Neil again. That guy can do no wrong. He can act with anything thrown at him. He’s so good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watching the Felix actor go from so energized in past Nurses' Balls to this year....

It was sad to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think Becky likes to do it so they don't make her.

She's paid her dues. 

Those are some giant heads in the opening. Were they always that large, or is it just especially jarring because I finally have a flat-screen TV?

Why is Sonny shaking his father's hand in greeting?! Sheesh.

The flower centerpieces weren't too bad, even if orange roses aren't the most original.

Cam is lucky the llama didn't spit at him.

LOL at Lulu's "She does?" when she heard Molly was going to write an exposé for the Intruder. Uh-oh, someone has some competition for the Girl Reporter title!

Jason unlocked the front door from the inside at the DoD house, heh. I can't imagine there isn't a key under the doormat.

The pants Chase wore for his performance were terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hater said:

That opening number sounded like a bunch of cats dying of cat aids.

LOL maybe they were so awful in keeping with the cause of the evening.

Ditto on how Mac should have been the one to speak instead of Anna.  He saw Robin through Stone's death and Robin's diagnosis.  Where was Anna? No really, I don't even remember :-S

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Lulu's "She does?" when she heard Molly was going to write an exposé for the Intruder. Uh-oh, someone has some competition for the Girl Reporter title! 

Double LOL at "I can mentor her."

This DOD storyline gets worse by the episode.  Sam is mad that Molly is trying to help (wouldn't want anyone else to steal her thunder), Kristina is mad Sam is "with" Shiloh, Alexis is stressed about all of them and I'm ready to start drinking to numb the pain of Spinelli being on my screen.  End this stupidity already.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Lexi Ainsworth got stuck doing the stupid DoD storyline and didn’t get rewarded with a pretty gown like the rest of the cast. That said, I will give the show props for not getting Kristina all dolled up to confront Shiloh and Sam. When she was at Sonny’s house I thought she was going to magically have a gown at the ready.

Share this post


Link to post

Best actor: Llama.  Emmy reel. 

Anna was so awful to Robert I wished the llama would have left something for her to slip in on her flounce out of the room.

I had to ff the screechfest opening number. 

Share this post


Link to post

I really liked Cam talking to the llama.  Better emoting than several members of the cast, the llama I mean. Also well-written because that was the right use of a service animal.

I also liked Alexis trying to explain her relationship with Jax to Neil. (Maybe because i reminded me of a Felicity babble on Arrow.)

I am so glad that stupid ring arc is over. It was tiresome by the second episode of it.  And as much as I think Finn is a wet blanket, I'm ready for Robert to stop acting like he's in second grade.

I thought that Chase bringing Willow on stage was cute.  But the choreography, just no. The lyrics were about reading books, and everyone was glued to their cell phones.

Peter is an idiot. He wants to run a piece on DoD and instead of soft-peddling it to Shiloh so that he will agree to be interviewed, he outright accuses him of being a cult leader.

Who has only one name? Beyonce, Prince, Madonna, Drake...

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think the bigger question is how do all these nurses have the night of the Nurses' Ball off?

These are the only ones we see, just like Finn is the only doctor we really see (now that Kim is off climbing mountains) but there must be a second and third shift.

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

I loved how the sleeves in Anna's dress went, but it weirdly puckered in the front like she had a huge outey belly button or was stowing some secret WSIB signalling device.

*WSB  

I didn't like Anna's dress when I thought it was just cold shoulder (I"m really over that fashion) but the drape like a shawl sold me.  I also love that colour on brunettes.

(WSIB = Workplace Safety Insurance Board.  The re-named Workman's Compensation Board.)

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Poor Lexi Ainsworth got stuck doing the stupid DoD storyline and didn’t get rewarded with a pretty gown like the rest of the cast. That said, I will give the show props for not getting Kristina all dolled up to confront Shiloh and Sam. When she was at Sonny’s house I thought she was going to magically have a gown at the ready.

Spoiler

But Joss will magically appear with one!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×