Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

On 5/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, Ladyrain said:

How could Ryan tie up two people with one hand?   Either it's not Ryan or he has an accomplice. 

I think we're supposed to handwave that problem away, you should pardon the pun.

• Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The writing for Anna lately appears to be a lame attempt by the writers to try to force the audience to believe Anna and Finn are an awesome couple, while the ex-husband with whom she has great chemistry is mostly an annoyance to her - but she tolerates him out of love for Robin and the grandkids. Ughhh. 

The problem is that TR is an interesting actor and Robert has that twinkle in his eye while Finn is a cure for insomnia.  The only time Finn/Anna worked for me was when Faison was after her and Finn had something to do for her.

• Like 4

I believe Maxie's hairdo was not extensions but what we used to call a 'fall' which attaches on top of the head and the regular hair is blended into it. Easy peasy. Takes about 3 minutes. And I agree, it wasn't Maxie's best look. 

6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes, but she was his accomplice to steal the drugs -- the woman who still uses high school? bumper stickers on her car (hello 1970's!).  We don't know how Ryan one-handed lifted and tied up two people, but the woman was definitely dead when Laura and Curtis arrived.

Oh geez, you're right.   This show is confusing me so much!

On 5/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, Gam2 said:

As far as I know, it’s Ryan who tied up Laura and Curtis but we never actually saw anyone do it. 

I don’t know why they’re being so precious about not showing Ryan. It’s not like they’re saving money by not bringing the actor back early, because he’s already on set. And it’s not like it’s any big mystery who it is. All I know is, Ryan needs to hurry and get back to PC. He’s got a kidney to donate. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, LexieLily said:

As far as I know from Twitter, Scotty/Lucy had a plan for Lucy to proposition Kevin in one of the hotel rooms while Scotty brought Ava up to the room so Ava could "catch" them. 

So that’s what was going on? Dumb. This is why I only half watch lately.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, and I guess they redid the opening again?  Pros - they slooowed down the flipbook and actually showed THE HOSPITAL in the cityscape behind the logo.  Cons - this awful new theme music.

This is by far the slowest falling picture sequence I’ve seen, but I have noticed slight variances on other days. I wonder if they speed up/slow down based on how much time they need to fill? This stupid red carpet show is all padding, anyway, so maybe they had a few extra seconds.

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

It’s sooo boring. I don’t even care about the fashion, it’s not like all the dresses weren’t bought at TJ Maxx anyway. Seems like a bit much for an event that is attended by, at most, 20 people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t know why they’re being so precious about not showing Ryan. It’s not like they’re saving money by not bringing the actor back early, because he’s already on set. And it’s not like it’s any big mystery who it is. All I know is, Ryan needs to hurry and get back to PC. He’s got a kidney to donate. 

Unless it is a mystery. Maybe they're pulling a fast one and it's not Ryan.  Maybe it's some other dead character.  Kevin O' Connor (not sure he still knows anybody in town besides Bobbie, but I'm going for the uber ridiculous here).  Alan Quartermaine.  Diego--Again.  That was the storyline that made me stop watching for a long time after all.

11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna seems to just want Robert to go away. I thought the "God help us all' comment in response to Felicia''s line about the Scorpio brothers was rude and unnecessary. The writing for Anna lately appears to be a lame attempt by the writers to try to force the audience to believe Anna and Finn are an awesome couple, while the ex-husband with whom she has great chemistry is mostly an annoyance to her - but she tolerates him out of love for Robin and the grandkids. Ughhh. 

I hate this part of the story.  But then I was always Robert / Anna, not Robert / Holly. I cried when they got remarried in the 1990's and again during Night Shift II when it seemed clear they were there for each other until the end. 

The Anna the show has been writing for the last two to three years - I'm not sure who that character is.

• Like 2

On May 17, 2019 at 8:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, and I guess they redid the opening again?  Pros - they slooowed down the flipbook and actually showed THE HOSPITAL in the cityscape behind the logo.  Cons - this awful new theme music.

I hope that generic theme music is just temporary for the Nurses' Ball.  In the past whenever they changed the theme they still kept the iconic first three notes.

Maxie's hair looked awful but IMO still an improvement over her regular hair.

Do the hairstylists hate Elizabeth?  That weird updo made her look 85.  

Lucy looked fabulous as always, as did Ava.  One thing I will miss about MS is her saying 'Ava Zherome' which always cracked me up.  Did she call her brother Zhulian Zherome? I never caught that.

17 hours ago, Katy M said:

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

I figured that to some extent, it was supposed to be cheesy. I live in a pretty big metropolitan area, but when we get broadcasts of major local events with well-known local "hosts", they're just as bad as what we watched on GH. 

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

It eats up a lot of airtime.  It's a bit of fluff that they don't have to write meaningful dialog for. 

They didn't give Chandra Wilson much to work with, but I don't think she brought her acting "A" game. 

I think you're right about the filler. I did enjoy Nina's boss not particularly liking her. 

12 hours ago, paisley said:

I believe Maxie's hairdo was not extensions but what we used to call a 'fall' which attaches on top of the head and the regular hair is blended into it. Easy peasy. Takes about 3 minutes. And I agree, it wasn't Maxie's best look. 

(small voice) I kind of liked it. It was all one length (unlike the scraggly, uneven stuff like we usually see on Nina) and it was a different look for her, although they probably gave her the fall instead of getting her a more expensive dress.

1 hour ago, rur said:

I think you're right about the filler. I did enjoy Nina's boss not particularly liking her. 

14 hours ago, paisley said:

Nina is not her boss. Julian had originally bought the magazine and hired Nina to run the magazine into the ground, but thanks to Maxie, Nina was able to succeed. Later, she blackmailed Julian for control of the magazine, but I can remember if she obtain ownership or Drew purchased it under  Aurora Media.

So Ryan got the jump on Curtis and Laura, but instead of just killing them like he did the lady, he decided to carry their unconscious bodies to chairs, tie them up and rig the place to explode. You have to admire his one-handed can-do attitude! And he took the dead lady somewhere else. Maybe she will pop out of a cake at the Nurses Ball or something.

I guess nobody misses the mayor. 

• Like 2

The red carpet stuff is filler so the NB lasts more than one episode. I don’t mind it. It’s dumb, but at least it fits in with the NB. It sort of reminds me of the post-prom thing my city does on the local cable access channel. Kids ham it up and everyone has a good time.

I’d rather see the red carpet than Magic Milo, for instance. Thank Jasus Milo is busy.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, Hater said:

Finola’s summer vacation is earlier and longer this year according to the “insiders.” I wonder why.... 

FH came back from last summer's vacation seemingly more balanced/happier than I've seen her in years.  ME, with assistance from parking lot pete,  just sucked the air out of that zen throughout the year.  Funny, it's not only Robert Scorpio who has the twinkle in the eye when Anna and Robert are in the same space.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

FH came back from last summer's vacation seemingly more balanced/happier than I've seen her in years.  ME, with assistance from parking lot pete,  just sucked the air out of that zen throughout the year.  Funny, it's not only Robert Scorpio who has the twinkle in the eye when Anna and Robert are in the same space.

All the more reason to throw Finn back to...

Hayden, once she comes back...

And let Robert and Anna just be spyalicious and flirt with each other.

The sudden Nina falling in love with Jax is random. Not that it couldn’t happen because IR is amazing looking but she’s been gaga with Valentin Cassidine from jump. I guess they are setting up the nuNina storyline with Jax in case she doesn’t have chemistry with Valentin. Also, if nuNina hooks up with Jax it would put her in Carly’s world reuniting LW and CW again. Just a thought. 

• Like 1