Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Today's Random thoughts: 

If Valentin weren't supposed to be the big bad, I'd rather see him with Anna than Nina. 

MB's gray beard contrasting with his slick black hair isn't doing him any favors. 

Dante will shoot Sonny in the near-shoulder area, where lots of people get shot on this show. (My spy degree from Burn Notice University has let me know that's the safest area to be shot because there aren't any vital organs there.) And since there's only one bullet in the gun, he'll be kinda good because probably then he and superSonny will defeat the bad guys together. (Although I'd love it if he and Robert defeat the bad guys and just leave Sonny there. Him being in the same vicinity as Robert F! Scorpio is sheer sacrilege.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

PLEASE let Dante kill Sonny.  Please!  Sonny coming in and being all "you need to come home, your wife and kids need you" to his adult son was just so...awful. Just awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about Sonny at all.

• Love 14

So what I gather is that Dante has an in with Raj's organization and could be looking to take the whole operation down and Sonny just blew everything up for him. Nicely done!

'sup with all the flashbacks we had today with Jason and Sam discussing Shiloh? We're not idiots, we know what's going on with the story. I don't need flashbacks to remind me how dumb Kristina is or how boring JaSam are. If they don't have scenes together, then please, don't give us flashbacks of scenes that happened 2 weeks ago.

Finn/Alexis, Finn/Chase >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finn/Anna

Also, Chase is 100% precious and I will say this in every post I make whenever he looks the way he looked when he realized his brother was checking up on him because he was worried. Aww! We've come such a long way from the days when Finn was such an assturd to chase.

I love Chase as much as I hate Jason, but even that cuteness could not balance out the blandness that were the Jason/Michael obligatory scenes. 

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So what I gather is that Dante has an in with Raj's organization and could be looking to take the whole operation down and Sonny just blew everything up for him. Nicely done!

Typical Sonny: He wants what he wants when he wants it, and who cares what else is going on? 

It's probably too much to ask that Dante refers back to Sonny shooting him. (It will be a fleeting satisfaction, given that Dante shooting Sonny will always be worse than Sonny shooting Dante. Sonny didn't know!)

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

And then they had flashbacks to Sam and Jason talking about Shiloh every time he had a scene. It was ridiculous.

I wonder if the flashbacks were replacement scenes for something else, like maybe the Wiley story is moving way too quickly and they had to buy some time. (/sarcasm)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Sam's response to Shiloh saying the leave the door open should have been uh there was just a fucking serial killer running around and nobody's found his body.

I know! They can't manage the simplest continuity on this show its astounding. 

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

It's not Christmas or my birhtday so I'm guessing Dante will either not shoot Sonny or will shoot Raj instead.  But man, I squeed a little when Dante walked in the room.  I am so sad that I dont' have DZ to look at anymore.  

I too missed DZ and was so happy when he showed up. He's lookin' good. He'll probably shoot Sonny in the shoulder and then in the ensuing chaos they both get the jump on Raj and the bad guys but Raj will likely escape. In my head canon, Dante will get a little joy out of putting a non fatal slug into his old man. 

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Molly screeching the word "cult" over and over again in the middle of Charlie's had me begging for Julian to wander in and ask her to take her protestations away from his drinks and his avocado toast. Seriously, Molly, choose a better time and place.

"I should go pick up Danny and Scout. I do have kids." The writers are straight-up trolling us now, guys.

I found the two sisters screaming at each other all over Charlie's while Jason and Michael looked on pretty comical. And that Molly was so aggravated by everyone around Kristina being such a moron. I really want Molly featured  more. But Julian should've been there, I agree. Although Julian should've also been by Ava's side the minute she got back to PC and that didn't happen either.

I snickered at Sam's "I do have kids," line and wondered if the writer's trolled us or KeMo did with an ad lib. Either way, funny nod to the most blasé  mother of the year. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Are we supposed to be left with thinking that Dante has been brainwashed by Raj like Kristina was brainwashed by Shiloh? If so, props to the writing. And oh my, are Sonny's kids stupid.

When Sam said "I should go pick up Danny and Scout. I do have kids.", I actually re-wound and put on closed captioning to make sure I had heard right. Watch her next scene be with Jason.

I thought the Chase and Finn scenes were cute. Chase was so delighted that Finn cared.

Props to SBu for the head-cock and quizzical look to Michael when Molly said that Kristina was in a cult. (And I never thought I'd be praising his acting at this stage.)

I sure hope there was someone else working at Charlie's when Kristina stormed off. Speaking of which, I can understand why Molly and Alexis joined Kristina there, and Sam too maybe, but why were Michael and Jason frequenting the Den of the Devil? Was Jason there to keep tabs on Sam because apparently she's now helpless without his sage guidance?

Was Valentin trying to tell Anna that if she gives Alex back her memories, they may be something she really doesn't want to lose (i.e. Peter)?  I couldn't tell, I was dozing through the scenes.

9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I agree with you re: if Ava dies. However, Jason is supposed to be a character who cares about kids not losing loved ones and not experiencing trauma. Losing her mother would definitely disrupt Avery's life.

Shortterm pain for longterm gain (not having a mother like Ava). She barely sees Ava, it's not like it's Mike who was living in the same house.

But Jason won't do it. He's so passive that unless he's saving Carly or programmed to do something, he just stands back.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I sure hope there was someone else working at Charlie's when Kristina stormed off. Speaking of which, I can understand why Molly and Alexis joined Kristina there, and Sam too maybe, but why were Michael and Jason frequenting the Den of the Devil? Was Jason there to keep tabs on Sam because apparently she's now helpless without his sage guidance?

Hah I thought the same thing when Kristina stormed out. They should've had Molly yell, "You're in the middle of your shift!" Or zoom in on one of the extras saying, "She was my waitress... And the only waitress." Then Jason and Michael should've turned, winked at each other then the camera and commenced a Hippy Hippy Shakes Cocktail homage. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

It was good to see Dante. Too bad his future on screen partners (Sonny and Girl Reporter) are so annoying.

Shiloh stuff is so boring, he's a good actor but everything surrounding him is snooze worthy. I will never care about what happens to Krissy and Jason is a turd so this SL is a complete waste of time.

There is really nothing to look forward to, is there? I wanted to see Ava's reaction to the Ryan reveal and it was everything I needed. I can wait to be notified about Sasha, Wylie, Oscar and any other pending stuff. I guess I'm saying I'm not at all engaged by the majority of what's being presented. I'm not blaming the actors, I'm blaming the writers.

• Love 8

I dunno, Michael, if someone told me my mom was in the hospital, I'd sure as hell want to know why.  Especially when there's an escaped serial killer around.  Mikey's all, "Well, enough about mom, let's talk about something else."

I guess the Borg had to attend Julian's Pub of Condemnation to overhear Krissy and Molly argue and chase each other around like they were pre-teens arguing over a borrowed item of clothing.

Chase needs to wear undies under those sweatpants, because that was distracting.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I sure hope there was someone else working at Charlie's when Kristina stormed off.

It was my first thought, too, so I looked around, and there was someone else (day player) behind the counter.

What does it say about the show that we all want to make sure Julian still has someone working at the Pub of Condemnation (thanks, @Ciarra!)  but don't care particularly for most of the contract players that were conversing there? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Was Valentin trying to tell Anna that if she gives Alex back her memories, they may be something she really doesn't want to lose (i.e. Peter)?  I couldn't tell, I was dozing through the scenes.

That’s my assumption.

So we know that Jason’s memories were transferred to Drew, and it’s looking like Alex’s memories were transferred to Anna...so my question is, what was transferred between Kevin and Ryan? Are we about to find out that Kevin was the killer all along, and Ryan just had fake memories that drove him in that direction? Just wondering what the next nonsensical twist will be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Am I supposed to be rooting for the woman who drained this guy's father bank account (along with five other victims)?  Would Sonny and/or Alexis let Kristina remain under Shiloh's roof?  Am I supposed to be rooting for Sam and Jason (a couple, whose bread and butter is earned by preying on the weak with violence  and who commit local, federal and international crimes)?  The transfer of memories between twins is more believable than this ridiculous cult plot and the actors (FH and JdV and BM) are much more pleasurable to watch work their craft.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Would Sonny and/or Alexis let Kristina remain under Shiloh's roof? 

Well, she’s over 21 so realistically they can’t force her to leave. I mean, it’s sonny so he’ll just have Jason kidnap rescue her and take her to the island for ‘deprogramming’ but they can’t just say ‘I forbid you to stay there, come home at once.’

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I dunno, Michael, if someone told me my mom was in the hospital, I'd sure as hell want to know why.  Especially when there's an escaped serial killer around.  Mikey's all, "Well, enough about mom, let's talk about something else."

Given how often someone in his family is in the hospital, I kind of get Michael's attitude, heh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Given how often someone in his family is in the hospital, I kind of get Michael's attitude, heh.

And Jason downplayed it as if it was something minor. He left the whole part about Carly being kidnapped and left to freeze by Ryan or that she is in the first months of a difficult pregnancy. Even Joss didn't tell Michael that they Carly is pregnant.

I wanted to point something out from earlier this week. Michael told Willow was staying at his parents' house to watch over Avery because his parents went out of town. Sonny had left word that he was leaving but Carly did not. She was kidnapped by Ryan.

If Avery's nanny called Michael that Carly pulled a vanishing act without leaving any word with her, then Michael should have been more concerned but that isn't what happened. It was like the writers remembered after the fact that all of Avery's parental figures were out of town and they had to insert some dialogue that she was not left alone unattended.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Am I supposed to be rooting for the woman who drained this guy's father bank account (along with five other victims)? 

But she did it for a ~good reason, so bygones.  And that must've been some great facility Danny was in, given the amount she drained.  Unless--gasp--she kept some for herself.  But, still, a girl's got to live and over-the-top high heeled booties don't come cheap.

I don't even know what to say about all those assinine flashbacks yesterday.  It played like an SNL skit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Isn’t this based on the NXIVM cult?

I'd say yeah, with maybe a pinch of Scientology thrown in for good measure.😉

But hey, all cults basically use the same methods that DoD does so hard to tell. But the NXIVM connection is pretty blatant.

• Love 2
On 3/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Perkie said:

So Willow has the tattoo, which probably means that Shiloh is her baby daddy. So, she would have hated/been terrified of Shiloh enough to give away her baby, but she didn't have the tattoo removed??

I still think it's a brand. Is betting legal on these boards? 

• LOL 1

Geez, can Genie take Kelly aside and teach her about enunciation!? She is almost to the point of slurring her words in a sleepwalking coma way at this point! Who needs to be unconscious on this show when the star does it for a living?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So the leader of a sex cult also just happens to be one of Scam's cons marks son, and involved/friends with the guy that used to look like Scams hubby and was also  actually Scams hubby. 

I know it's a soap, but this seems excessively convoluted....and also doesn't seem to be driving anywhere. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Random musings this weekend: I know Kevin purposely downplayed everything he went through at Ferncliff to Laura but are we supposed to forget that he was forcibly drugged for going-on six months? It hasn't been mentioned and Kevin was already discharged with no one at the hospital bringing it up or being all that concerned.

• Love 2

So Finn has significantly more chemistry with Alexis than Anna. Anna has more chemistry with Andre and Robert than Finn. Remind me again why they insist on putting Anna and Finn together?

Further, Sam had more chemistry with Drew as well as her sisters. Jason has more chemistry with Carly (and I threw up a bit in my mouth after voicing that) the Sam. Why do they keep putting Jason and Sam together? They are like visual melatonin.

Probably not a popular thing to voice, but Kim and Anna appear to be on the same diet. I think both would look better, younger, and healthier if they gained 10 pounds.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/26/2019 at 10:57 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly: "You have to do whatever I want for the next seven months, haha (fake laugh)."

Me: "And this is different from your usual expectation of Jason how...?"

Don't even get me started about her childish jealousy of Anna, of all people.  My only consolation is I'm gleaning from that that it's actually ROBIN she's jealous of.  After all these years Carly still cannot deal with the fact Jason, for all his many faults, still goes all soft inside when he sees his ex.

Wait, whuut? That twat is pregnant?

That last paragraph give me UNADULTERATED JOY AND GLEE. Because ROBIN is the TRUE LOVE OF THAT ASSHOLE'S LIFE.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, dubbel zout said:

I think Robin is the only woman who Carly fears will take Jason away from her. That feels very in-character for Carly, and I like the show hasn't erased that. Kind of shocking it hasn't, really.

I know! The cynic in me thinks it's because they think it's a way to show that shebeast's "vulnerability" or some such bullshit non-existent low self-esteem side.

And what's this? RobertFucking!Scorpio Returned and NOBODY told meeee???!!! I thought you wuz my friends!

• Love 2

Chet is someone I can't manage to remember exists unless he's in my direct field of vision, and today's drop in seemed solely to have Maxie hedge her bets about Peter, which I'm all for. Maxie and Peter have orbited around each other for so long and been positioned as a couple despite only having a smattering of romantic moments, and I'm over it. Move it along, already.

Dare I say it, but Sasha might just be the one woman Michael has chemistry with. Thinking this way didn't stop me from snickering when she bolted for the exit after he said he liked her, though. Michael Corinthos, always Charlie Brown with the football when it comes to love.

Dante is pretty. Sonny is dumb and dull. ("Franco stabbed Lulu," yeah, you're in another country, but you couldn't refresh Twitter before stepping in and fucking up Dante's plan? Keep up.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And what's this? RobertFucking!Scorpio Returned and NOBODY told meeee???!!! I thought you wuz my friends!

We are. RF!S returned to prop and save Sonny. 😢😢 We wanted to spare you the pain.

4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Random musings this weekend: I know Kevin purposely downplayed everything he went through at Ferncliff to Laura but are we supposed to forget that he was forcibly drugged for going-on six months? It hasn't been mentioned and Kevin was already discharged with no one at the hospital bringing it up or being all that concerned.

It's only important that Carly was drugged. No one else matters.

I'm having trouble remembering what was on today, it was so snooze-worthy. I don't care about Carly telling Mike and Michael that she's pregnant, although LW played those scenes well, and Alex is unimpressive playing stupid about the memory transfer when she's blind and ONLY FINN! can save her.

I see they're playing the "Franco is a horrible monster" card one more time before the world finds out it's Ryan. All I could think of was how stupid Sonny was for ruining Dante's plan, and how stupid Dante is for abandoning his family to chase Raj because he threatened Lulu years ago. Threatening people is SOP for Sonny and Jason; don't lose it over someone else doing it too.

• Love 3

Dare I say it, but Sasha might just be the one woman Michael has chemistry with.

Not feeling it.  But the actress is really trying😊.

I'm having trouble remembering what was on today, it was so snooze-worthy. I don't care about Carly telling Mike and Michael that she's pregnant, although LW played those scenes well, and Alex is unimpressive playing stupid about the memory transfer when she's blind and ONLY FINN! can save her.

The preview of Carly going after Ava cancelled any good will towards Carly 😠.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I'm having trouble remembering what was on today,

What's worst is that because of the pre-emption two weeks ago, this would have been a Friday episode.  With, literally no cliffhanger ending.  Ugh, the minute Ryan went over the railing the show stopped being good and soapy.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

The preview of Carly going after Ava cancelled any good will towards Carly 😠.

Ava told Jason where to find Carly, effectively saving her life.

Carly "oh, that was nice of you"d Jason not letting Ava die.

Ava fucking wins over that Hairy Entitled Asshole.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Linny said:

Thinking this way didn't stop me from snickering when she bolted for the exit after he said he liked her, though.

How stupid was that.  He met her for 10 minutes a week ago, and he's already telling her that he likes her.  Dude, you barely know her, slow your roll.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

We are. RF!S returned to prop and save Sonny. 😢😢 We wanted to spare you the pain.

Oh man! Why didn't Tristan say, "No THANKS!" 😡Just let me know if there are any scenes with him and Pod!Anna. Because while I'm pissed, the chemistry between Tristan and Finola still gives me the feels.

• Love 1

"I could do without the constant Ryan Chamberlain news coverage." Golly, GIrl Reporter, you were gung-ho when you were on the media side. You can't have it both ways.

LOL at Sonny's dramatic after-shot fall to the ground. Of course Dante only dings him on the arm. And then Sonny sneers, "You come to finish the job for your boss?" when Dante is the one keeping him alive. UGH. 

"I was working my way back to Port Charles." "What happened?" "You showed up." See, Sonny? Your barging into things just made them worse.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Thinking this way didn't stop me from snickering when she bolted for the exit after he said he liked her, though.

How stupid was that.  He met her for 10 minutes a week ago, and he's already telling her that he likes her.  Dude, you barely know her, slow your roll.

Typical Michael. He's like that with every woman he's interested in.

Why am I not surprised Jordan and Curtis never discussed kids before they got married? Good grief.

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why am I not surprised Jordan and Curtis never discussed kids before they got married? Good grief.

TJ is in medical school so he'd be in his twenties which would make Jordan at least 40 or older. I can understand why she would have assumed that her baby birthing days are over. Must have forgotten she was on a soap opera.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Alex is unimpressive playing stupid about the memory transfer when she's blind and ONLY [DR. MICHAEL EASTON!] can save her.

I didn't see today, but I saw the preview clip and it had more of my least favorite things, 1) Dr. Michael Easton being all up in Anna's work stuff and 2) Dr. Michael Easton basically bartering medical treatment to get his girlfriend what she wants.  I also didn't appreciate Alex, even blind, being all hot for him.  Yuck.

So Alex didn't say anything of interest or Pine Valley-y today?

They can chemistry test every actress on all the soaps with Michael and it will not work because Chad Duell can not carry off being a romantic lead.  They should stop trying and recast the role.   If MB will not allow a recast of Michael, they should put him in a ELQ storyline.  I know it is easy to forget that Michael Quartermaine is a CEO of a multinational corporation because we have not seen him at work for the past few years.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I could do without the constant Ryan Chamberlain news coverage." Golly, GIrl Reporter, you were gung-ho when you were on the media side. You can't have it both ways. 

She was gung-ho about when it was Franco news coverage to the point of suddenly being an on-air reporter and doing a one-on-one interview with him, so she can go choke on her ~journalistic ethics.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Benji said:

Wonder if Yvonne or her husband (forgot his name) will end up being Jordan's kidney donor ?

I figured it would be Stella, for the sake of sappy irony. (Look, the person who hates Jordan most is the one who will save her...aww!) But, it appears the still-somewhat-antagonistic relationship has done a complete 180? I mean, I know things had thawed a bit, but now it looks like they’re a completely loving and supportive family? When did that happen?

Anyway, it means that Jordan is no longer a viable candidate for an Ironic Kidney.  But a Sacrificial Kidney from Yvonne or Marcus could work, as a way to further the growing relationship between Stella and Marcus, which nobody cares about.

See, that’s how boring today’s episode was. It reduced me to writing about Stella and Marcus.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Benji said:

Wonder if Yvonne or her husband (forgot his name) will end up being Jordan's kidney donor ?

I thought there was an age limit on organ donation.  Marcus even asked Stella yesterday if "an old guy" like him could donate and she answered something like, 'it's the thought that counts'.  So, I'm thinking he can't.  

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I figured it would be Stella, for the sake of sappy irony.

Stella has suffered a stroke, so she can't donate either (in the real world)

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But, it appears the still-somewhat-antagonistic relationship has done a complete 180? I mean, I know things had thawed a bit, but now it looks like they’re a completely loving and supportive family? When did that happen?

Right before the wedding.  She was anti Jordan/wedding then spoke with Marcus, who basically said the anger isn't worth it (since he's dealing with his wife's disease) and that was enough to make STella smarten up.  She went to the wedding and gave her blessing and has been on Jordan's side since.  

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In JOrdan's defence, she has a grown son, so probably figured she was done having kids.  Though this Jordan looks too young to be done.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Perkie said:
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In JOrdan's defence, she has a grown son, so probably figured she was done having kids.  Though this Jordan looks too young to be done.  

The idea that kids in general were completely ignored was dumb. They could still adopt or foster. It's not as if that door is forever closed. But whatever. This is the soap where the female lead, who's in her mid-40s, has a high-risk pregnancy that could stroke her out any second yet hasn't changed her behavior at all.

• Love 3