Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish they wouldn't try to have it both ways with Jason -- that he's "stone cold" but also capable of passionate love and deep loyalty. Write him one way or another, Show!  

This is how he's always been, though. When it comes to business, Jason is an effective, unemotional hit man. But when he's with people he cares about, it's all puppies and rainbows. I don't think these things are mutually exclusive. It's just that that's all there is to Jason. For such a longtime character, he has no layers whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

(also, why are Drew and Jason so very very uninterested in the missing years of their lives!)

I thought Jason remembered the five years? But I find it very in character that he's not interested either way. He's always been a here-and-now kind of guy.

• Love 3

They are being lazy with Drew's memories. First he had to get the flashdrive. Now that he has it, he risks the chance of losing his memories of his kids and Monica.

The truth is they don't want to write a story that would cause a black actor to get a real story on this show. Andre has disappeared. Just let Drew get hit in the head and recover his memories.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Just let Drew get hit in the head and recover his memories.

Then they’d have to actually care about Drew and give him material and a story and that’s not happening. And, also, if a main part of his “memory retrieval” is possibly losing memories of Sam, his daughter, his son, they’d have to play that and they especially won’t play the Sam angle. She’d have to care or have stakes in the loss for it to matter. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Which is ridiculous. Because this is a soap! All of those things are soapy things. 

But most important he'd lose his memories of his soon to be dead son. Those are actual stakes.

Yeah, but his relationship with that kid was super rushed. At least with Sam there was something to feel some type of way about because we saw their bond develop. (I mean, as much as it could under these writers).

LOL, @Hater ... see, he really hates it. He had to keep his love interest, though!

• Love 1

I haven't seen Monday's show yet, so maybe this was answered. IS Ryan really Kevin? Seemed so per Robert's report. Or are they just assuming that it is Kevin since they believe Ryan is dead and they would have the same DNA?

Sorry, folks, I know that this is an UO, but I am really liking all of the Friz and kids scenes. They work well as a family. I will go hide in my corner now.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

IS Ryan really Kevin? Seemed so per Robert's report. Or are they just assuming that it is Kevin since they believe Ryan is dead and they would have the same DNA?

It's still somewhat unclear.  what we know is that Kevin met with Cabot years ago and Cabot was the one responsible for the blindness virus and Ryan adamantly had no memory of that.  Whether he's Ryan, therefore has no memory of anything Kevin did, or he's Kevin with DID and is either playing them or doesn't remember because the Ryan personality is in charge right now.  

Don't you just hate it when you get stabbed in the stomach and you lose your memory.  But not all your memory, just one specific part of it.  I mean, she remembers calling Dante and talking to Laura, and heading down to the restaurant, and hearing a knock on the door, and Peter kiboshing her story, and what she was wearing and what she had for lunch, and that Charlotte is with Valentin and that Rocco is with Olivia and that she loves watching talking goat videos and how to make ziti, but who stabbed her, nope, that ones not there. 

I love how Jordan is all "I have cops posted everywhere in the hospital"  Uhm, I don't know, maybe have them posted at her door, or even inside the room.  

This one is from yesterday, but Ryan grabbed the pillow and held it over Lulu's face to suffocate her.  But, but but, she has one of those oxygen thingys in her nose, so wouldn't that have been impossible to accomplish?  Maybe if he'd closed off the oxygen tube while holding the pillow......

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

IS Ryan really Kevin?

I don't know.  It seemed that Mary Pat had something on "Kevin"-- that she knew Ryan was still alive and was about to blackmail him, but then these are the writers that couldn't decide whether Sonny killed a guy or merely disposed of the body. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I love how Jordan is all "I have cops posted everywhere in the hospital"  Uhm, I don't know, maybe have them posted at her door, or even inside the room.  

It's useless to have cops posted anywhere when she's been running to the serial killer with the information.

I hate plots like these.

Also, is Ryan going to return Lulu's driver's licence since he didn't manage to kill her? 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:
58 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, but his relationship with that kid was super rushed. At least with Sam there was something to feel some type of way about because we saw their bond develop. (I mean, as much as it could under these writers).

Sort of. He remembered, they kissed and that was pretty much that. And TIIC still haven't bothered to develop Drew. But, if he got his memories back, he'd have all of his history and a chance to build new relationships with everyone - including Sam - as himself.

But he'd lose Oscar forever. I don't care because GS is pretty terrible and I'd happily forget his Oscar forever, but it should matter, deeply, to Drew.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, is Ryan going to return Lulu's driver's licence since he didn't manage to kill her? 

That would be sloppy since Jordan knows the killer took the licence.  If it suddenly showed up, it would mean that it's someone close enough to return it to her.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That would be sloppy since Jordan knows the killer took the licence.  If it suddenly showed up, it would mean that it's someone close enough to return it to her.  

If no one's watching her hospital room, Ryan could drop it on the floor and no one would be the wiser. Or he could return it to her office, since the connection hasn't been made there, either. It's all so stupid.

• Love 4

Me any time I tune in: What the hell is this [cult] story about and who are [all these random chicks]

Swap out the variables and it's the same each time. But really WTF is this about

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

It's still somewhat unclear.  what we know is that Kevin met with Cabot years ago and Cabot was the one responsible for the blindness virus and Ryan adamantly had no memory of that.  Whether he's Ryan, therefore has no memory of anything Kevin did, or he's Kevin with DID and is either playing them or doesn't remember because the Ryan personality is in charge right now.  

Case in point! WTF are you folks talking about?? No, I won't stop showing up every few months asking these things!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Sort of. He remembered, they kissed and that was pretty much that. And TIIC still haven't bothered to develop Drew. But, if he got his memories back, he'd have all of his history and a chance to build new relationships with everyone - including Sam - as himself.

But he'd lose Oscar forever. I don't care because GS is pretty terrible and I'd happily forget his Oscar forever, but it should matter, deeply, to Drew.

No, I mean we actually saw Sam and this guy in a relationship for two years or whatever. On our screens. We saw this relationship. 

Drew and Oscar didn’t have anything quite deep developed at all for most of the audience to care about the loss of their bond.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

No, I mean we actually saw Sam and this guy in a relationship for two years or whatever. On our screens. We saw this relationship. 

Drew and Oscar didn’t have anything quite deep developed at all for most of the audience to care about the loss of their bond.

Drew and Oscar's relationship is meaningless to me.   I want him dead not only because he sucks and is awkward but the bond is barely there.  Sure Drew gets all mopey about his kid, but what have they bonded about on screen?  That only really happened when he conveniently got cancer after Billy Miller decided to stay (still unfortunate).

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Me any time I tune in: What the hell is this [cult] story about and who are [all these random chicks]

Swap out the variables and it's the same each time. But really WTF is this about

Case in point! WTF are you folks talking about?? No, I won't stop showing up every few months asking these things!

There's some virus that struck Anna and Ryan blind for a day. Spec is they each got it because they have twins.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Anna was temporarily blinded.  Caused by a virus.  Developed by Dr Cabot who worked for the DVX/WSB years ago.  Two days later, Ryan is temporarily blinded.  Caused by the same virus.  Robert has intel that "Kevin" worked with/knew Cabot all those years ago.  But when they question Ryan (who's pretending to be Kevin) he denies ever knowing or working with Cabot.  

37 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Anna was temporarily blinded.  Caused by a virus.  Developed by Dr Cabot who worked for the DVX/WSB years ago.  Two days later, Ryan is temporarily blinded.  Caused by the same virus.  Robert has intel that "Kevin" worked with/knew Cabot all those years ago.  But when they question Ryan (who's pretending to be Kevin) he denies ever knowing or working with Cabot.  

• Love 1

Oh good grief. Well, Kevin and Ryan's father, Victor, worked in intelligence so there might be a link to the WSB.

Who are all these new chicks and this cult? I don't get it.

Are they really tryna say Aiden is gay just bc he likes gender-stereotyped activities and kids make fun of him? That seems dicey.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's not the loss of their nearly non-existent bond; it's the loss of their future. He's not going to be able to get to know his (dull) son because the kid is dying.

He's not going to get a second chance with him and he can't make new memories with his son, whose entire life he already missed out on.

It would be awful to lose the first few years of his daughter's life and his memories of Sam and Monica. But I think you could argue that the loss would be worth it, if it meant that he'd get his life back and get Jason out of his head. Especially since Monica will love him no matter what, and Sam walked away. But if he gives up the last five years and Oscar dies he won't have anything of his son.

Losing the memory of an ex who left him for his brother shouldn't be in the same ballpark

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's not the loss of their nearly non-existent bond; it's the loss of their future. He's not going to be able to get to know his (dull) son because the kid is dying.

He's not going to get a second chance with him and he can't make new memories with his son, whose entire life he already missed out on.

It would be awful to lose the first few years of his daughter's life and his memories of Sam and Monica. But I think you could argue that the loss would be worth it, if it meant that he'd get his life back and get Jason out of his head. Especially since Monica will love him no matter what, and Sam walked away. But if he gives up the last five years and Oscar dies he won't have anything of his son.

Losing the memory of an ex who left him for his brother shouldn't be in the same ballpark

I feel like we’re talking about two different things. I get what you’re talking about...on paper. I’m referring to the connections the audience members were able to see. I don’t think the majority has any lasting connection to Drew and Oscar to feel that loss. Whereas Sam and Drew actually had a following and ppl became emotionally invested. 

• Love 2

Wasn't Jakeson's focus on Sam, to the exclusion of all else, one of your complaints with the recast? Because I agree that one of the reasons that Drew is floundering right now is because he barely had a life outside of Sam. Why double down on that by making the decision of whether to regain 40+ years of his life about Sam?.  Sure, she should matter - they have a relationship and a child, but she shouldn't be the primary focus of this life-altering decision.

Plus, I don't think the writers are going to bother fleshing out his character by giving his memories back. So using Oscar as  an excuse is less pitiful than Drew giving up his whole pre-PC life and keeping the memories of a man he despises so that he can hold on to his (and his brother's) memories of Sam.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't Jakeson's focus on Sam, to the exclusion of all else, one of your complaints with the recast? Because I agree that one of the reasons that Drew is floundering right now is because he barely had a life outside of Sam. Why double down on that by making the decision of whether to regain 40+ years of his life about Sam?.  Sure, she should matter - they have a relationship and a child, but she shouldn't be the primary focus of this life-altering decision.

For one thing, trust, I’m not making this about my personal preference, lol. I don’t care about Drew or Sam in any way, to be completely candid. I’m merely pointing out what would be the story that would have the most stakes with most of the audience. It’s not necessarily “making it about Sam.” People cared about Drew and Sam, for whatever reason. So, for example, if Drew were to get his previous memories back, and forget about Sam, any writer would take advantage of the emotional angle that would provide. This show has three popular actors (again, this isn’t how I feel; this is the picture of their audience) in BM, KeMo, and SBu. And instead of taking advantage of that in all aspects, they want to make Drew’s memories about Oscar, some random kid they plopped his way that is not why most people are tuning in? Seems short-sided.

• Love 1

I'm playing catch up of the past few episodes, but I have to pause to say how dumb the fake JaSam breakup is, and how annoying JaSam is in general. Outside of their inner circle, no one knows they're together, and it's pretty clear to anyone else that their status has been "It's Complicated" for a while now. Sam could just present things to Shiloh as being uncertain instead of creating a story of a failed reconciliation. The whole scenario of JaSam as distant in public and tearing up the sheets in private feels like the show just doesn't know how to write them as a functioning couple or provide any answer as to WHY these two should be together at this point in their lives, so they distract us with these lame schemes.  Any of Sam's well-founded anxieties over Jason possibly not returning home have been brushed aside as irrational. The kids are nearly invisible, save for Danny popping up occasionally to push his parents closer. All the flirting and lusty pining is smoke and mirrors so no thinks too hard about the practicalities of these 40-ish parents, with their extended complicated past, making it work for real. They're a couple because someone decided a long time ago that that was the way it should be, not because it makes sense today. I know the idea of a destined super couple is classic soap, but damn, Jason and Sam's sluggish reunion couldn't be more tired.

• Love 6

I always expect Sam and Jason to actually fall asleep in the middle of any “conversation” they have. Maybe that’s because I fall asleep during any interactions they have. Is there a more boring couple on any show currently on tv?

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm playing catch up of the past few episodes, but I have to pause to say how dumb the fake JaSam breakup is, and how annoying JaSam is in general. Outside of their inner circle, no one knows they're together, and it's pretty clear to anyone else that their status has been "It's Complicated" for a while now. Sam could just present things to Shiloh as being uncertain instead of creating a story of a failed reconciliation. The whole scenario of JaSam as distant in public and tearing up the sheets in private feels like the show just doesn't know how to write them as a functioning couple or provide any answer as to WHY these two should be together at this point in their lives, so they distract us with these lame schemes.  Any of Sam's well-founded anxieties over Jason possibly not returning home have been brushed aside as irrational. The kids are nearly invisible, save for Danny popping up occasionally to push his parents closer. All the flirting and lusty pining is smoke and mirrors so no thinks too hard about the practicalities of these 40-ish parents, with their extended complicated past, making it work for real. They're a couple because someone decided a long time ago that that was the way it should be, not because it makes sense today. I know the idea of a destined super couple is classic soap, but damn, Jason and Sam's sluggish reunion couldn't be more tired.

Can I marry this post?  Sums that sad ass pairing up nicely.  Not to mention, I still think the actors are barely putting anything into it.  But whatever...someone over there clearly likes the pairing along with Carson.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Are they really tryna say Aiden is gay just bc he likes gender-stereotyped activities and kids make fun of him? That seems dicey.

Yeppers. I just realized no one has really said out loud that just because Aidan likes gender-stereotyped activities doesn't mean he's gay. No, everyone jumped straight to that. The bullying  should be the focus now, as it's still happening, and that's getting lost in this story.

Lulu's questioning was ridiculous. Of course she remembers everything but Ryan being there, and of course they can wave her memory away because he's at the door of her room now! If they don't want to move along the story too much, keep Lulu unconscious. Why is this so difficult to pace? Why is everything on this fakakta show so difficult to pace?

And as long as I'm ranting, why isn't Sonny a little better at dealing with Mike at this point? Don't tell him he doesn't have to pay rent, play along with it and say it's fine if he's a few days late. What does it matter? If it keeps Mike calm, isn't that the point? It makes sense that Carly has more distance from this, but Sonny is being selfish and unfair to Mike thinking he (Sonny) can take care of Mike. And as always, MB cannot cry effectively.

I liked Stella reaming out Curtis. He was way out of line to talk to Marcus.

4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I have to pause to say how dumb the fake JaSam breakup is

It's dumb, and it's gross. Sam used her sexuality to bamboozle Shank's father, and now she's going to use it to bamboozle him, and I'm supposed to root for this sexist, retrograde crap? That's a big, fat NO.

And LOL that the public "breakup" with Jason involves saying she needs to figure out who she is. I really want someone to ask her, "Didn't you already do that?"

"Anyone going after Lulu will have to go through me." Oh, Curtis. Expect a stay in GH as a patient yourself in the very near future.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Linny said:

The kids are nearly invisible, save for Danny popping up occasionally to push his parents closer. 

Im shocked Jason hasn't had a scene with Potsie where he goes on about how he doesn't need to take cold showers anymore cause Mommy & Daddy are banging.  

• Love 1

WTF at Jordan being cool with continuing to question Lulu after Kevin and Ava walk in.

So just NOW Laura is realizing her daughter's room needs security!

They could still save the cult story by having Sam join the cult and then gradually realize she actually DOES want more than the same old life with Jason. Maybe she really does want Drew! That would be delish soap drama and energize Sam and Drew. ...but God forbid.

I have to wonder if the pretend break up with Jason is because they know the actors are not able to pretend being together! 

• Love 10

I want Friz to walk into the house and see Lucky in the kitchen, singing some emo song, crying and cooking something, and then asking Liz if she could find his earrings and necklace because he took them off before cooking.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

WTF at Jordan being cool with continuing to question Lulu after Kevin and Ava walk in.

So just NOW Laura is realizing her daughter's room needs security!

They could still save the cult story by having Sam join the cult and then gradually realize she actually DOES want more than the same old life with Jason. Maybe she really does want Drew! That would be delish soap drama and energize Sam and Drew. ...but God forbid.

I have to wonder if the pretend break up with Jason is because they know the actors are not able to pretend being together! 

Well they are going to "sneak" around as you saw today.  

How far will skanky Scam go with Shiloh? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam used her sexuality to bamboozle Shank's father, and now she's going to use it to bamboozle him, and I'm supposed to root for this sexist, retrograde crap?

My favorite part is the idea that Sam can get any man. All men want Sam. Of course they’ll all be fooled by her; how could they resist her!? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Well they are going to "sneak" around as you saw today.  

Of all the stupidity today, this bothered me most. If they're supposed to be broken up as a couple, and Jason can only come to see his son at her place, why in the world does she now start talking about having sexy times at his place? Because nobody in town will see her entering her ex-husband's apartment at odd hours? (And where does he live anyway? )(Insert "up  Sonny's butt" joke here.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, rur said:

Of all the stupidity today, this bothered me most. If they're supposed to be broken up as a couple, and Jason can only come to see his son at her place, why in the world does she now start talking about having sexy times at his place? Because nobody in town will see her entering her ex-husband's apartment at odd hours? (And where does he live anyway? )(Insert "up  Sonny's butt joke here.)

That was their horrible attempt at flirting.  As Sam is saying those lines I think her eyes stared at 5 different things in 40 seconds.

Edit: Was Lucky called about Lulu?

Edited by Hater

Sam to Jason: We have to breakup so I can go after Shiloh.

Me: OMFG, no one even knows you're together, so the breaking up ruse is pointless, you simpleton.

Jason: OK

Me: Because it would literally kill you to ever do anything but just agree (I don't count standing around silently as an option). 

Sam: Even though I'm sure Shiloh is up to something truly evil, I'm going to deceive him which, if he finds out--and because I believe he's truly evil--could put me in the most danger I've been in since I had Giving-Birth-Thru-My-Jeans Disease.

Jason: OK

Me: Ladies and gentlemen: your super couple.

• Love 9

yesterday...

Sam:  I'm ashamed to admit that I wore a hole in the floor pacing worrying about you, Jason. [two minutes later] Now that I'm with you, Jason, I'm getting strong and confident again.

Sure Sam, just keep telling yourself that. I'm so rooting for Shiloh but since it's a Jason storyline, the outcome is predetermined.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, melbelle said:

This right here is THE storyline I have been waiting for GH to do since maybe 3-5 years after they turned him a Sonny worshiping snoozefest!  Whenever I hear that the executive producer and/or head writer changes I think finally, we'll get this storyline and GH will return to some semblance of decency.  Why am I still watching and hoping for this 20 years later?! 

I suspect that will happen over Burton's dead body. He was set to quit when he was Jason Quartermaine but Jason Morgan and MB drew him back.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Stella reaming out Curtis. He was way out of line to talk to Marcus.

I think she could have been a bit quieter at it.  At her workplace, in a hospital. 

Mike went a bit too quietly.  He could have at least protested being moved, rather than going voluntarily.  Sonny needs more guilt and distress, imo.

I just want to know if Ryan is wandering around shoeless, since a big deal was made of Ava taking the shoes home.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Sorry, folks, I know that this is an UO, but I am really liking all of the Friz and kids scenes. They work well as a family. I will go hide in my corner now.

Got room in that corner for one more? ‘Cause me too. 🤫

• Love 13

Either Shiloh is really what appears to be of a good guy whose life changed when Drew saved him, or he is an evil cultist that Sam stupidly becomes a cult member while trying to go undercover.

Jordan is such a horrible cop. Yeah, Lulu clearly starts sort of remembering that "Kevin" was there and she lets Ryan convince Lulu otherwise. So did she even bother checking Lulu's phone records for that day including her making a call to Kevin. You know on the same day that Lulu noticed an inconsistency while reporting on the serial killer and Ryan.

• Love 2

I think she could have been a bit quieter at it.  At her workplace, in a hospital. 

Had to lower the volume twice.  Poor editing?

he is an evil cultist that Sam stupidly becomes a cult member while trying to go undercover. [snip] Jordan is such a horrible cop.

Funny how Sonny and Jason are never depicted that way (stupid and horrible).

All hype, no execution.  Congrats, Steve!

Thanks for helping GH secure the bottom-of-the-feeder ratings, Steve!

Sure Sam, just keep telling yourself that. I'm so rooting for Shiloh but since it's a Jason storyline, the outcome is predetermined.

Sam drained every single last cent from each of her FIVE victims and isn't even concerned about making restitution for her crimes.  It doesn't compute in my head how the show expects the audience to accept that Alexis or Sonny would let Kristina stay under the roof of one of Sam's victims.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny and cranky website
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

So did she even bother checking Lulu's phone records for that day including her making a call to Kevin.

They checked her phone records because they knew the last person she spoke to was Peter, who kibboshed her story, which was why Jordan brought him in for questioning (that, and you know, the shoes he was wearing that she didn't ask to remove and check).  

If they were going to go with an amnesia due to trauma story, then she should have forgotten everything.  She should have woken up not knowing what happened at all that day.  That would make more sense then remembering every single detail, except who did it.  

• Love 8

Sam drained every single last cent from each of her FIVE victims and isn't even concerned about making restitution for her crimes.  

I know, right! Why not throw some of the $$ she has from being a tv star/wife of a hitman/coffee importer to Shiloh as a goodwill gesture. Never even occurred to her (or the writers). I mean, she justified her cons because the guys were jerks and she was supporting her brother. What about what she did to the jerks' kids? Their businesses? Their employees?  I'm sure not every single one of them was a terrible person. 

• Love 10