Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I can count the times on one hand of how many times that I have enjoyed watching Carly (and I blame a lot of it on proximity to that vile thug Sonny Corinthos and JaBorg) but today truly was one of them.  Can you imagine what she is like IRL on the set when one of the new actresses is introduced?

Carly is a beast that needs to be vaccinated and caged, but Laura is a fantastic actor and I have never believed the rumors about her being a bitch to the other women on the show. I do believe she's political and a suck-up, but otherwise professional and friendly.

• Love 9

The Danny kid still creeps me out. And looks nothing like Sam, so it bugs me. Could they not find a kid who looked like her just a bit?

They wanted him to look like Jason. BLECH. I remember right before Danny was born, I was worried those idiots were going to name him Jason.

• Love 3

I can count the times on one hand of how many times that I have enjoyed watching Carly (and I blame a lot of it on proximity to that vile thug Sonny Corinthos and JaBorg) but today truly was one of them.  Can you imagine what she is like IRL on the set when one of the new actresses is introduced? 

To what does this refer? I don't get it.

I've always had the same problem with Tracy and Ned.  I don't remember how old I was before I figured out that they weren't married (hey, I was a kid, I wasn't paying much attention to the older folks).  To this day, I startle a bit when Ned calls Tracy "mother." 

On Days of Our Lives, Wally Kurth played Jane Elliot's love interest. Did you happen to watch?

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

They wanted him to look like Jason. BLECH. I remember right before Danny was born, I was worried those idiots were going to name him Jason.

WEll they orginally named him Jason Jr I hate those kind of names lol but yeah for some reason they made him look like Jason.

To what does this refer? I don't get it.

On Days of Our Lives, Wally Kurth played Jane Elliot's love interest. Did you happen to watch?

I like wally but i can't watch those clips of Justin and the character JE played on days as lovers lol.I liked the orginal Ned too though.He was more like Tracy lol.

I can't believe he hasn't demanded a DNA test lol.He knows what a liar Heather is better than most people lol.I know most characters don't look like there on screen parents bt franco doesn't seem to look anything like scott or Heather lol.

Considering he demanded one from Logan, who looked and even acted just like him, yeah it is hard to believe.

• Love 1

WEll they orginally named him Jason Jr I hate those kind of names lol but yeah for some reason they made him look like Jason.

They did the same thing with Elizabeth's sons - the previous Cam, and Jason's first born, Jake. I remember Becky did an interview saying little Braden was cast (at her suggestion) as toddler Cam because she knew him and his mom well, and because he looked like he could be Zander's kid. There were at least a few lines over 3+ years about how much little Jake looked like Jason. Back when Aiden was actually seen, or at least his stroller was, there were mentions from Elizabeth, Laura and Luke that he looked like Lucky.

It's always about the kids looking like their dads on this show, huh? That's interesting.

At least with the boychildren. Except for Rocco, for which I'm grateful, especially since they had a boy and that kinda irritated me, heh. I wouldn't be surprised though if they changed that up as he gets older, since they probably just emphasized he had Lulu's looks to emphasize that she was really his biological mother.

Edited by ulkis

I think Ric looks hot.  Julian needs to tame his hair unless he wants to look like Scotty.

Ric should have done the photo shoot in NYC.  He was staying there.  And it was sloppy of him to give up the details in front of the model.  Who looked like Jude Law a little to me.  Once the model started to threaten him, Ric could have mentioned his own underworld past as well as the Corinthos name.

This model I could see with Maxie. 

I think the 'wife' is doing a fine job especially with Carly all over her.  Though, if I were the wife of a missing spouse, I might bring our wedding photo and his ID but I wouldn't bring medical records like I was claiming a stray pet from the shelter. 

Now that Jake has a name, why isn't Carly or Liz googling it?  Calling Beecher's Corner PD to inquire about him?   Or looking up the wifey?  Does she have his last name?  And if yes, it happens to be her maiden name as well?  Or did she keep her maiden name?  Any investigating at all would poke huge holes.

Maybe Ric's plan is once Jake leaves with the wife, Ric has him off'd.  Or run over.  Because it will all fall apart once Jake gets back 'home' and no one knows who he is.

I think Jake finally showed something today when he ran after Liz.  Some energy some emotion.

I don't blame Patrick for being lackluster.  Sam is forever talking about other men while they are in bed.  Men that she has had sex with.  That's a buzz kill.  I do think they had chemistry way back when he crashed her picnic date with Silas (when BSC Nina came to town).

Just like Patrick doesn't investigate where his wife is, Tracy & Lulu just take the info Valerie gives them and don't call the cemetery to check on Pat's location.  Or you know, text Dante so he can check.

Don't care about Spinelli.  Nathan is nice to look at, maybe he can go question Rosalie.

Both Kiki and Morgan can go DIAF for drugging Michael and putting Avery's life at risk.  Somehow Morgan is smart enough to swipe pills that look like Michael's allergy pills?  Kiki is the one looking up the drug online.  If she did it with Morgan, wouldn't she already know that it looks the same as the allergy pill?  Or are we to believe Morgan did that all on his own and Kiki was just searching the info on her own because ...  And nice of Morgan to do that to Lucas while he's in charge of the ER (which c'mon show).  Morgan could have paid Rosalie to get some pills.

I thought it was cute when Sam got icked out seeing her mom and Julian go at it.  Also liked how Patrick poked fun at her for it.

Did I mention I don't care about Franco or Nina?  Nice that they are sprung. 

Not in with Ava's assisted suicide storyline.  While I can believe a momentary pity party, Ava is not a quitter.  And she's been bitching about spending time with Avery for months.  I'd think she'd be trying to get Silas to go for custody of Avery so she could hold her again.  Silas had said Deliah's too old to be a donor.  What about other relatives?  Any 1/2 sibings?  Where's Siobhan? 

I'll give Valerie a bit of a pass.  She didn't grow up in Port Charles so she's probably not used to violence, guns being shoved in her face, etc.  

Lulu will get her up to speed soon enough.  "Oh, cuz, let me tell you about the time I was frozen alive!".

Question because I forgot - where does Valerie live?  I'm surprised it's not some town from another defunct soap.

Loved that Valerie finally shoved Luke. Took her long enough to fight back but she did it.  I think she lives in PA somewhere according to the diner sign.

"THERE WAS NO LITTER BOX!!!!"

I just...it's so exhausting to even try and verbally make out how bad it all is, really and truly.

As if most people would keep the litter box front & center in the living room.  More likely, Tracy could have complained about the lack of cat hair after Valerie said ol' Gunner was a big shedder.

And Show?  Duke is a cat.  Luke is a poodle.

• Love 3

Good old wormhole transporting characters hundreds of miles within minutes. I really like Valerie- great casting along with fake wife and fake Jake. And with tomorrow de-greasifying the new Commish, maybe his acting will get better too.

Sam and Patrick seem coma inducing, even on FF. Give me a grip on the epic 2 minute love between Liz and Jake. And the suspected massacring of Ric's character has begun. Is all this worth it for a girl who dumped you for a John Doe? I love RH but his character is becoming FF worthy.

• Love 1
And the suspected massacring of Ric's character has begun.

PC Rule 61 - You can murder people and get away scott free but if you commit white collar crime - you are going to hang.  Most of the local economy comes from guys who extort/threaten/commit violence to its denizens. One of the nice things about Ric's storyline is that the pacing of the Jason reveal is FINALLY moving along.  Someone upthread wrote that it was over a year since nuJason has been on.  It seems like most of his time has been spent eating chunks of time doing literally nothing but laying in hospital bed and looking about as animated as the chinese phoenix/dragon toy.

• Love 2
Can you imagine what she is like IRL on the set when one of the new actresses is introduced?

I imagine LW says to them what she says on twitter and instagram all the time:  Welcome to Carly's world!

The "don't you forget it" is implied.

• Love 4

Maybe Ric's plan is once Jake leaves with the wife, Ric has him off'd. Or run over. Because it will all fall apart once Jake gets back 'home' and no one knows who he .

From your keyboard to Uncle Frank's ears. I already really like Ric, due entirely to RHe, but I would love him forever if he killed Jasus.

Faison shooting that bore in the back and then kicking his body into the water will always be my favorite scene.

Liason 10/22/12 - Jason Is Shot By Duke: http://youtu.be/EwhZg0ZMMXs

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

It's always about the kids looking like their dads on this show, huh? That's interesting.

seems like the boys always do look like there fathers but that was weird about cam lookig like zander since they had no use for him.Of course theres rocco who looks like lulu does the girls look anything like their fathers.It seems they like the boys to look like there fathers and the girls to look like there mothers.

You mean Ben? #NeverForget

nope! :p Roooooooooocccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rips shirt off:

Ben Falconeri sounds weird

• Love 2

Faison shooting that bore in the back and then kicking his body into the water will always be my favorite scene.

Liason 10/22/12 - Jason Is Shot By Duke: http://youtu.be/EwhZg0ZMMXs

Best moment of the last few years!*  GH could have ended right there on that happy and high note.

*Ok, the fonduke reveal was cheesy but good too.  Pun freakin' intended!

• Love 5

I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought so. 

Definitely not, and I don't even dislike Patrick or hate Samtrick. I don't know, just something about the writing or the blocking of the scene icked me out completely. The "mommy's special friend" certainly didn't help matters. GAG.

I imagine LW says to them what she says on twitter and instagram all the time:  Welcome to Carly's world!

The "don't you forget it" is implied.

I don't get the impression at all that LW is like this. Maura adores her, and the two of them and Fin had quite a blast together recently. My impression of meeting Laura last year was that she was cool and funny.

• Love 3

I don't get the impression at all that LW is like this. Maura adores her, and the two of them and Fin had quite a blast together recently. My impression of meeting Laura last year was that she was cool and funny.

My favorites like her too, so I too have figured she can't be that bad, heh, but I do think she is a little obnoxious, or at least she comes across it. I don't think she is horrible or anything at all. But yeah, I do think she is just wee bit out there.

• Love 2

As if most people would keep the litter box front & center in the living room.  More likely, Tracy could have complained about the lack of cat hair after Valerie said ol' Gunner was a big shedder.

I keep mine on the kitchen counter.  What?  Is that not where you put it??

Yeah, LW has always come across really nice and generous in person.   Her costars seem to really love her, at least from what I have seen.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 2

The "mommy's special friend" certainly didn't help matters. GAG.

Him getting in bed was weird, but that line really squicked me out. The whole thing wasn't helped by the fact that the kid playing Danny is creepy all on his own.

Her costars seem to really love her, at least from what I have seen.

Everyone on GH loves MB too, so I'm not really super sure about their opinions. :)

• Love 1

Even from the barge I can see that the worst father/son relationship ever written--on any fictional show--is the Franco/Scotty one.

I think that Sonny/Michael, Morgan/Michael, Johnny/Anthony Zacchara, Shameless' Frank and Lip, Ian and Liam Gallagher and Game Of Thrones' Tyrion and Tywin Lannister have them beat.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
I can't believe he hasn't demanded a DNA test lol.He knows what a liar Heather is better than most people lol.I know most characters don't look like there on screen parents bt franco doesn't seem to look anything like scott or Heather lol.

Considering he demanded one from Logan, who looked and even acted just like him, yeah it is hard to believe.

Scott's probably too exhausted at this point to demand a DNA test. He's lost too many kids to care anymore. He'd rather be stuck with a SERIAL KILLER son than no son at all.

The wimmins are never important on this show, even when they're doing their biological imperative and giving birth.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
Even from the barge I can see that the worst father/son relationship ever written--on any fictional show--is the Franco/Scotty one.

I think that Sonny/Michael, Morgan/Michael, Johnny/Anthony Zacchara, Shameless' Frank and Lip, Ian and Liam Gallagher and Game Of Thrones' Tyrion and Tywin Lannister have them beat.

I think Francie meant not that Franco/Scotty is the most unhealthy relationship, but just the most shoddily written in general. I'd consider all of those better written relationships than Franco/Scotty.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

The "mommy's special friend" certainly didn't help matters. GAG.

OMG yes! Who thinks that is a good line of dialogue? What is Patrick? A purple dinosaur? Grow a pair Sam and tell Danny who Patrick really is. 

• Love 4

Loved that Valerie finally shoved Luke.

Too bad she didn't follow it up by running out the front door instead of trying to answer the phone, or at the very least, immediately going for the gun on the floor. I know, I know, plot point.  I still give her props for being the first to finally figure that she is probably stronger than the 70 year old man.

• Love 5

nope! :p Roooooooooocccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rips shirt off:

Calm down, Carlos. ;-)

Future Superhero or Future Crime Lord? Not sure.

I guess it depends on if he turns out to be Sonny's Grandson, doesn't it?

OMG yes! Who thinks that is a good line of dialogue? What is Patrick? A purple dinosaur? Grow a pair Sam and tell Danny who Patrick really is. 

I don't think Sam oughta use that kind of language in front of Danny. He's young and impressionable.

• Love 5
Roooooooooocccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rips shirt off:

Calm down, Carlos. ;-)

Carlos?? I wrote Rooooooooocooooooo! Not: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooocooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

• Love 7

Tell him that she's sleeping with the dude whose ex-wife sacrificed her life to save Danny's daddy? Please, yes! Tell your son, Sammy!

Who's looking after Rocco, anyway?  He's practically the new Spencer, with no supervision, parental or otherwise.

I kind of hoped that Danny would land on Patrick's manbits when he jumped onto the bed.

• Love 2

Sam/Patrick don't have romantic/sexual chem but they have good friend chem and I could buy them as a couple if they'd really develop them as one. I need either fantastic chemistry or a well-written relationship that develops over time. They haven't had either yet so Patrick's living together suggestion seemed waaay out of left field.

It just feels like they skipped a few steps. And I can't tell if that's just RC rushing the story or if they're just an obstacle to the Jason Quad of Doom. I'd like them to be an actual relationship either way so I can care about the outcome

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I kind of hoped that Danny would land on Patrick's manbits when he jumped onto the bed.

This really makes me wish you had written that scene. Their entire part of the episode - Danny jumping into bed and asking if Patrick is now daddy, talking about Danny's real daddy, and Sam obsessing about 'Jake' all the while her 'special friend' Patrick is next to her, semi-naked and acting like he belongs there, then later acknowledging that Emma misses Robin ....just GROSS. Made me remember the time Elizabeth told Patrick Emma went to sleep in his bed because of missing/wanting to feel closer to her Mommy. I thought it was gross and assy when Patrick mentioned himself and Sam in bed/intimate situation while on doctor duty attending to 'Jake' - with Elizabeth there...but this is worse. He shows an utter lack of concern for Emma, and is totally nonchalant about this - 3-year-old? - boy seeing him shirtless (or more) in the Daddy's place in the bed. UGH.

• Love 1

You know the best kind of moving in talk, Patrick?  It's when you realize it's stupid to keep two places to live when you are always together.  I haven't really seen that with you and Sam, it's been too short a time since you first got horizontal with each other.  Maybe stuff has been happening, but we haven't really seen it or heard it referred to.

Or if you find your girlfriends parents boinking on her living room couch, causing her to go green with distress.  I guess that counts, too.

It amazes me how quickly Patrick is always ready and willing to enter new relationships and create new families. Yes, it's a soap, but I also think this is absolutely a character trait and should be explored. Is it a defense mechanism? Is it because he never really got over his dad's reax to his mother's death? GIVE THE CHARACTER SOMETHING, RON.

• Love 3

I got to watch a SERIAL KILLER and 90s Psycho Princess making out like sloppy drunks in celebration of their new found "freedoms"...

This show steadily continues its' downward spiral into complete and total oblivion.

I tune out for a couple of days and then I tune back in and this is what greets me.

All the stupid shit Ron continually comes up with is eating this show alive.

• Love 4

Amused at this civil-with-utter-lack-of-enthusiasm exchange:

Alexis: Olivia, you're .. glowing.

Olivia: Yeah, Thank you. 

Uh, Valerie there were ways to get the upper hand with Luke, and not let him go straight to your sick mother with gun-in-hand. I'll guess Dante and Luke will face off with their guns for an episode or two while Lulu, Bobbie and Tracy gather around Pat.

Disappointing that Anna didn't just knee Sloane in the balls. He deserved it.

NotTodd!Franco shows up with Appendage in Pink, acts like a dick to Olivia, and blackmails her about the baby. Shocking. We never ever predicted this the moment he and Olivia had that inexplicable scene in Shadybrook. 

• Love 1

Why would Alexis want Nina to live with Nathan? Does he even have a place to live/

He's at Kelly's.

Didn't the Nina have all that money her father left her? Or as usual has Ron forgotten/doesn't give a shit about what he wrote before and now wants her so "poor" she has to rely on the SERIAL KILLER finding them lodging, etc.  

Patricia is older than Luke. TG is nearly 70. How does Patricia have a daughter in her mid-20s? Shouldn't Valerie be her granddaughter?

He's at Kelly's.

Didn't the Nina have all that money her father left her? Or as usual has Ron forgotten/doesn't give a shit about what he wrote before and now wants her so "poor" she has to rely on the SERIAL KILLER finding them lodging, etc.

The state has control of Nina's assets and it will take years to get them back because REASONS.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Bobbie, really? I can understand being disappointed to hear your sister is dead, but you barely even remembered she existed and certainly didn't know anything about her. It's been 50+ years since you saw her, tone down the hysterics.

• Love 9

I can't get too caught up in ages on soaps because age is manipulated by the writers so much. 

As well, a character's age can sometimes be very visibly out of sync with the age of actor portraying said character.

I agree that the writers want Lulu and Valerie to be close to the same age. so little details like maternal age are about as important to the writers as is the ease with which the characters have been transported back and forth between Port Charles and PA. 

• Love 2