Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I agree, Jane Elliot was great today.

I wasn't in favor or against seeing Helena pleading with Fluke, but it felt...awkward and a bit uncomfortable, like watching someone you can't stand crying or something. You just stand there not knowing what to do.

I'm officially tired of the who is Fluke thing and no longer give a shit who the guy is. RC loves to drag stories out until nobody cares.

At least Michael stood his distance after Sonny was found and didn't break out in a row of "Thank you, Dads". Michael showed the right amount of credible concern and angst to remain realistic without letting bygones by bygones. Good for him.

I'm jealous of Sabreeeeeena and that she got to mawl all over Johnny's chestal area while her equally dark and handsome in a tux mobster boyfriend looked on. Missed opportunity for a threesome if there was one. She does not deserve to be holed up with the 2 sexiest men on the soap. 

"The pain and the yearning" "An old woman experiences pain and yearning". Probably one of my favorite lines on Seinfeld. It's good to know the writers watched that show, though its also painfully obvious they learned little from the show's writters about, well, good writting. That being said, the whole bit with the wooden spoon ("Are you gonna make me cookies?") did have me busting out laughing for some reason.

I was hoping that Sonny would be missing and assumed dead for at least a few more days.

That would have just upped his martydom even more. I really think this was for the better.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2

Yeah, unless Sonny was gonna be missing for 6 months (sans ghostly apparitions or anything of the sort), better to just rip the band-aid off. Too bad he didn't come out of the water as a recast. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take a stab at the role.

Jane was good today but I don't expect Tracy's epiphany to stick.

• Love 2

Wow, every 100 tweets or so, Ron comes up with a good joke:

jillianbowe:

Brenda would've made Sonny wake up faster, tbh. #GH

carlivatiron:

Now how're you gonna do CPR with your hands in your sleeves?

I feel bad hating Carly more than Sonny because it feels like subconscious misogyny on my part. After all, Carly sucks but she's not a murderer . . . . but all that blubbering today about how Sonny "isn't supposed to leave them." ew. Much better people than Sonny have died much earlier, Carly. shut it!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Has CD never ever taken a CPR course, not even in high school or something?  That was the worst TV CPR I ever saw, or probably he didn't really want to save Sonny.  Too bad that pathetic CPR worked.

If you did real CPR on someone who didn't need it wouldn't that break their ribs or something? It seems like something that's hard to fake-do.

Its not how hard he was pushing or that he wasn't doing the breathes, it was his hands.  He basically had fists over Sonny's upper abdomen, not over his sternum.  It was more like doing the technique for a unconscious choking victim, maybe he thought Sonny popped a cocktail weinie in his mouth before he jumped over board.  At least Carly (LW) had open hands over the sternum, then it is not hard to fake that you are pushing hard.

Ugh. Did not like today's viewing of "It's The Great Asshole, Charlie Brown! " Complete with Carly literally sobbing and muttering "Don't leave us! It's not time for you to leave us!" The hell you say! And please, go with him, Ms. Benson Corinthos Alcazar Jax Corinthos Corinthos Franco Corinthos Smith Corinthos Cuantos Corinthos. I hated the freaking sputtering of water out Sonny's mouth. Oh now you and Carly want to save lives and shit? Where was this revelation in March when AJ was bleeding like a dog from a gunshot wound on the floor and you walked over his body to high five Ava?

Shut up Sabrina. I like your dress, but shut it. Go snuggle Carlos's beard and rub Johnny's chest. I feel no pity for you.

Poor Morgan. Still, no one gives a fuck about him but Kiki. Think about it, Morgan. Sonny didn't give a shit about your life. Cut your losses, dude.

I see TC came to work. I can get on board with this Nikolas. But I am sad that the one victim I want Fluke to get- Spencer- and he gets stopped. That was a potential murder of Spencer and Nikolas, right? Not a creepy perv thing because I got confused.

• Love 3

I'm jealous of Sabreeeeeena and that she got to mawl all over Johnny's chestal area while her equally dark and handsome in a tux mobster boyfriend looked on. Missed opportunity for a threesome if there was one. She does not deserve to be holed up with the 2 sexiest men on the soap. 

I caught myself wishing I was a nurse during those scenes. Maybe if Johnny or Carlos needs a manicure or a bikini wax they can call me. 

• Love 3

The propping of Sonny makes me violently ill. So what he "saved" everyone on the boat or Michael's life. That doesn't negate that he killed AJ or the other numerous people he's intentionally hurt in the past. Equally as sickening was Carly "saving" Sonny. I'm sure the new Mayor is preparing a parade for them where all the citizens of Port Charles will form a line to fawn all over them.

• Love 11

OMG - EMTs give CPR and call Sonny dead. Carly drags Michael over to help with CPR and they do it for several minutes and give up. Carly lays on Sonny's chest sobbing "You weren't supposed to leave us." Sonny sputters and is now alive. WTF?

Shouldn't Julian have his pants off so medical personnel can look at his gunshot wound? Please.

• Love 6

I feel bad hating Carly more than Sonny because it feels like subconscious misogyny on my part. After all, Carly sucks but she's not a murderer . . . . but all that blubbering today about how Sonny "isn't supposed to leave them." ew. Much better people than Sonny have died much earlier, Carly. shut it!

Same. I never used to even hate Carly but I am so fucking done with her now.

I know I said yesterday that I was done but lol I watched today. I'll just crib ulkis and blame it on Stockholm Syndrome. 

Honestly I thought today was actually kinda decent. The Ned/Alexis scenes were good. I liked that they actually explained why Ned wasn't at the party. And then the Ned/Tracy scenes were great. JE killed it. 

I liked the Johnny/Sabrina/Carlos scenes. LOL I don't know but I don't even hate Sabrina anymore. I thought TeCa was decent today. Also, a small part of me has kinda secretly been shipping Johnny/Sabrina so.

I loved Julian being visibly sad about Ava. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I know I said yesterday that I was done but lol I watched today. I'll just crib ulkis and blame it on Stockholm Syndrome. 

Honestly I thought today was actually kinda decent. The Ned/Alexis scenes were good. I liked that they actually explained why Ned wasn't at the party. And then the Ned/Tracy scenes were great. JE killed it. 

I liked the Johnny/Sabrina/Carlos scenes. LOL I don't know but I don't even hate Sabrina anymore. I thought TeCa was decent today. Also, a small part of me has kinda secretly been shipping Johnny/Sabrina so.

I loved Julian being visibly sad about Ava. 

I feel like Carlos/Sabrina/Johnny could be the new xerox version of Johnny/Kristina/Ethan. I've never really hated Sabrina, except at the height of her perfect nurse test score era. I just wanted her gone because they need the cast trimmed and she's one I had hope of getting rid of. Guess not. sigh!

I need VM to decide she needs a cameo now.

• Love 3

Wow, every 100 tweets or so, Ron comes up with a good joke:

jillianbowe:

Brenda would've made Sonny wake up faster, tbh. #GH

carlivatiron:

Now how're you gonna do CPR with your hands in your sleeves?

I don't feel bad about hating Carly more lol.Shes for me when GH started going downhill.I'm still waiting for her to pay for her role in te michael paternity.

The propping of Sonny makes me violently ill. So what he "saved" everyone on the boat or Michael's life. That doesn't negate that he killed AJ or the other numerous people he's intentionally hurt in the past. Equally as sickening was Carly "saving" Sonny. I'm sure the new Mayor is preparing a parade for them where all the citizens of Port Charles will form a line to fawn all over them.

Are the going to be the new Luke and laura when they saved the world.Honestly thats what the sonny propping reminds me of lol.

OMG - EMTs give CPR and call Sonny dead. Carly drags Michael over to help with CPR and they do it for several minutes and give up. Carly lays on Sonny's chest sobbing "You weren't supposed to leave us." Sonny sputters and is now alive. WTF?

Not only is Cujo's hoo-ha magical, her sparkly tears have the power to resurrect the dead, don't you know?

• Love 5

So...not only will we have Sonny the hero, but now Carly will be bravestronglovewithherwholeheart amazing because her pure heart and love for Sonny brought the town hero back from the dead?   Jesus. 

• Love 2

STFU Nik with your idle threats. You've had NUMEROUS chances to slit old ass Helena throat but instead you just let her psychotic ass walk around town.

I can't believe Tracy really thought Luke was having sex with Helena.

If Sabrina is going to stick around I would like for her to shed her "good girl" princess image, accept Carlos for who he is and becomes a nurse for the mob.

I actually like Carly and even I think her "saving" Sonny was ridiculous. WTF is this.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

At least Michael stood his distance after Sonny was found and didn't break out in a row of "Thank you, Dads". Michael showed the right amount of credible concern and angst to remain realistic without letting bygones by bygones. Good for him.

I was surprised that they allow Michael to have some nuance there. He was not racing to embrace Sonny but there was some obvious discomfort and pain  -- actual conflicting feelings -- that were appropriate for the situation.

Is it possible that Ron is going to allow this rift to last a bit longer?  Who am I fooling? I fully expect Carly to begin the full-court press and basically engulf Michael in a river of flowing bullsh*t from her mouth to forgive Sonny. He's a bit vulnerable right now so Michael's defenses may be down. He has no friends to help -- maybe this will be where Sabrina comes in?

• Love 5

Good thing to know I don't have to be nice to Ron, thanks to Morgan's non-reaction. I guess I let myself believe a stupid comment he made in SOD. He's making me side with SABRINA, of all people! You're a shitty, shitty writer, Ron.

• Love 2

I feel bad hating Carly more than Sonny

I really hate her more than Sonny. I think its how LW plays Carly as smug 98% of the time. I don't see any vulnerability with her. Which I think TB and SJB brought to their Carly`s. Plus I'm used to Sonny being the worst and Carly thinks she never does any wrong. Sonny I felt at least felt bad about hurting Michael. She was only upset that Michael was mad at her. She just blamed everyone else but herself. 

• Love 10

Ah, Barge. I have arrived. Orange creme screwdriver, please? I just want to look over the railing at the scattered body parts of Sonny while Luke, Helena, and Nikolas kill each other over at Wyndermere during a gun & knife fight.

• Love 6

I just don't like seeing it to prop up Fluke as the Ultimate Supervillain when he's really just a campy mess.

Relatedly, I saw someone point out on another board that Helena not being able to stop Fluke from trying to kill Nikolas is likely proof that she is not controlling him with brainwashing, a la Jake(son).

I totally missed the random Katherine mention.

I swear when Fluke walked in today I thought of Frankenstein walking around the village terrorizing the villagers.

I don't know what Tony is doing.  I'm an original L&L'er and used to hang on his every word, but I don't get any of this.  Oh wait, I know who he reminds me of now....Steve Burton's acting.  Always thought they should have had Jason Q have brain damage for one year, not 20.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 2

What the HECK happened to NLG's face? She's starting to look like JZ. Grayson McCouch continues his mob like talk & shout. I'm not sure how much more I can take of him when we already have Maurice Bernard. This is a major misfire in the casting department. Granted the previous actor wasn't on that long (a month or two) he was more in line for the role than McCouch. I thought hair his looked better and not as dark on top than yesterday. 10 policemen versus Fluke means Fluke gets away, right? I don't know how much more I can take of this yearlong storyline. Pure torture!

• Love 4

I can't believe Tracy really thought Luke was having sex with Helena.

Tracy's always believed every woman and her sister wants to have sex with Luke.  

I'm not feeling Grayson McCouch at all.  

I'm so pissed that Sonny isn't in a coma for at least the next 12 to 18 months.  The "all glory to Sonny" routine is going to get really, really tiresome quickly.

Well, I finally got my answer about Carly....she's really Faulks the Phoenix who flew in from Hogwarts to heal Sonny with a single tear.  

Edited by LegalParrot81

can a soap opera jump the shark ?? The program has become unwatchable. Laughable story lines. Terrible acting. Between Franco, a implausible pairing of sabrina and carlos ( are you kidding me). Luke is luke is not luke is luke.  Awful. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 6

If this keeps up, if Michael stays Michael Quartermaine, I may come in from the barge.

If this keeps up.

I feel bad hating Carly more than Sonny because it feels like subconscious misogyny on my part. After all, Carly sucks but she's not a murderer . . . . but all that blubbering today about how Sonny "isn't supposed to leave them." ew. Much better people than Sonny have died much earlier, Carly. 

... for example, the man Sonny gunned down in cold blood.

• Love 3

I love Ava because I love Maura West. Please don't waste her on John Silas McBain. Please.

My soulmate. :)

This Fluke stuff has got to end. When you focus your entire month of sweeps on him, Sonny and Jason, there's no other option but suicide.

I'm trying to be positive and think of my one good thing, but really I've got nothing.

• Love 7

Also, why wasn't Sonny even wet? That was the worst acted & dumbest scene I have ever seen in daytime. I mean I watched Sunset Beach & Passions and the acting on those shows was Shakespeare compared to that. Awful!!!

• Love 5

Rest yourself about it, ulkis, and never forget that Cujo thought it was hot that Sonny murdered AJ in cold blood.

I hated that Kiki made an appearance.

"She's talkin' again......about astrology.

She's talkin' again....about biology

She's talkin' again....without apology..."

So when Michael did CPR on Sonny, did he try to give him the Breath of Life? I'm having a hard time imagining his tiny little anime mouth being able to exhale enough oxygen for that.

• Love 4

I loved Carly yelling at Nathan when he left. He's not actively in the water looking for Sonny, so it's not as if he really needs to be there. The sound effects were hilarious.

STFU, Nik. How many times does he let Helena back in his life and she screws him over? All the time. He has only himself to blame. And shouldn't Helena have a gun stashed somewhere on her person so that when the mood strikes her, she can shoot? Me so disappointed.

I'm so tired of women who are involved with mobsters being shocked when it's brought home. It's not exactly a nine-to-five job.

The Ned/Tracy convo was really nice.

At least they managed to slap a tiny bit of ash on Sonny's face. His clothes aren't even torn. What kind of lame bomb did Jakeson plant? And LOL that the divers (or whoever) just dump Sonny on the dock and leave. And no one else is around and the sound effects end, too. Color me shocked that Carly didn't harangue Michael into going with Sonny to GH in the ambulance.

Even though I hate nuSloan, I did enjoy him being curt with Lauren. He had no fucks to give when telling her Ava might not be alive. I approve.

Alexis looked great today. Her lipstick was perfect.

• Love 3

I guess I'm the only one who thought that NLG looked puffy. Didn't she know she was scheduled to work that day? I also thought Jane Elliott & Walky Kurth were great today. No histrionics or over the top acting. Although, the flu part was dumb & not needed. I guess it was too much to ask to see Monica at the house if she couldn't be on the Haunted Star. RC really hates Monica, doesn't he?

• Love 1
If on todays episode I look like I was attacked by a rabid tic, it is because I went to see a dermatologist who should remain nameless, to zap a brown spot on my face. He told me how great my skin was for my age. I was flattered. He then told me my face was falling. Next thing I knew I was being shot up with a quart of Botox. 3k later, I left looking like Joan Rivers... after she died. Going into work the next day was filled with shits and giggles. First Will " Who ran over you with a truck?" Then Maurice " Did you piss off a hive of bees?" Wally "I have to kiss you today, will ur lips expode?" Frank " I'm gonna kill you!!! Others just screamed and ran. Not to worry. As the days go by my face will deflate faster than the Patriots footballs, and I will look once again like the fabulous aging diva that I am. Consider this post a public service announcement. NO MO BO. Oh yea, and watch my show ‪#‎ghnow‬ to remember what I used to look like.

NLG's explanation for her face today from her facebook

• Love 15

Shouldn't Julian have his pants off.

There fixed that for you.

I don't know what was worse watching Luke try to smother Julian then TG's dramatic exit by flouncing the curtain, or the Kiki, Morgan, HorribleSloane entire scene. Those were all very bad.

I had a hard time with the "heartwarming" Sonny Carly and Michael dock scenes with poor Morgan looking like a confused Poohbear with Kiki. Seriously it is like Morgan wears a perpetual "kick me" sign.

I gotta give Helena props for her very dramatic and "sparklie" knife.....of couse that would be her weapon.LOL

And HELLO Nikolas Cassadine....being evil and scary looks VERY good on you...MEOW!

UCG of today was Sabrina's mad couch doctorin' skills, complete with spoon humor and bitting on a stick.heh! gotta love soaps. Glad an unemployed nurse can get antibotics so easily.

JE and WK were excellent, very real and believable, except really Ned, would you really be fully dressed with the flu? He should have been in some cute jammies.

• Love 3

Oh for fuck's sake, even one-handed, Julian could fight off frail old Luke and his pillow.

I recovered somewhat from the speechlessness caused by the steaming pile of crap that passed for yesterday's show, but I sense this is a short reprieve and I will have a full relapse tomorrow.

Michael, please do not make me hate you.  I am so close to ripping my television off the wall, taking it out to the middle of the street, and jumping up and down on it while screaming maniacally until the police are called and take me away to the looney bin, and I really don't want to have to do that.  Remember not too long ago when we had a few days of a really good show and we all had hope that maybe this show wouldn't continue to be the biggest suckfest that ever sucked?  We were so young and foolish then. 

NO.  MORE.  LUKE.  I'll get a tattoo of it if it will make this never-ending monotonous and non-sensical BS stop.  Hell, I'll carve it into my thigh with a dull steak knife, if that's what it'll take.

I need an emergency session with my therapist to discuss why I let this fakata show get me so riled up.  Thank god I have a half bottle of vodka on hand.  This rage cannot be quieted by a box of wine, or even two.

So...not only will we have Sonny the hero, but now Carly will be bravestronglovewithherwholeheart amazing because her pure heart and love for Sonny brought the town hero back from the dead?   Jesus. 

I'm afraid that even Jesus can't help us now. 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5
If on todays episode I look like I was attacked by a rabid tic, it is because I went to see a dermatologist who should remain nameless, to zap a brown spot on my face. He told me how great my skin was for my age. I was flattered. He then told me my face was falling. Next thing I knew I was being shot up with a quart of Botox. 3k later, I left looking like Joan Rivers... after she died. Going into work the next day was filled with shits and giggles. ...

Ok, great, well thanks for all those details, NLG ...    O_o

can a soap opera jump the shark ??

Apparently yes!

• Love 1

As creepy as Luke is lately, maybe it's good Julian kept the pants on.

Is Luke like a zombie or a necromancer because I don't know wtf is going on but the previews made Dr. O look like a witch doctor? It would explain how she birthed a wooden boy. Allegedly.

God. DNA tests. Because you gave me the happy meal toy you gave your missing, presumed dead husband, and I am a mere amnesiac with no memory, Samantha Morgan. Take DNA tests. And lock Carly up. She's a weapon of mass destruction now.

Oh for fuck's sake, even one-handed, Julian could fight off frail old Luke and his pillow.

I recovered somewhat from the speechlessness caused by the steaming pile of crap that passed for yesterday's show, but I sense this is a short reprieve and I will have a full relapse tomorrow.

Michael, please do not make me hate you.  I am so close to ripping my television off the wall, taking it out to the middle of the street, and jumping up and down on it while screaming maniacally until the police are called and take me away to the looney bin, and I really don't want to have to do that.  Remember not too long ago when we had a few days of a really good show and we all had hope that maybe this show wouldn't continue to be the biggest suckfest that ever sucked?  We were so young and foolish then. 

NO.  MORE.  LUKE.  I'll get a tattoo of it if it will make this never-ending monotonous and non-sensical BS stop.  Hell, I'll carve it into my thigh with a dull steak knife, if that's what it'll take.

I need an emergency session with my therapist to discuss why I let this fakata show get me so riled up.  Thank god I have a half bottle of vodka on hand.  This rage cannot be quieted by a box of wine, or even two.

I'm afraid that even Jesus can't help us now. 

I agree with you. I think I need to crack open my 30 dollar bottle of Zin. It's alchol content is 16.9 so maybe I can survive.

• Love 1