Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I *loved* Maxie's black dress with the beaded collar.  It was beautiful - plain and simple - and showed up her braided hair. Although she could take care of the colour a little better.

I thought the dress was a midnight blue and the shoes were black velvet.  Could have been my TV.  I hated *hated* Maxie's hair.  That chunky streak look is always tricky - if it looks good down, it doesn't look good up.

Sorry, Judge Plot Point, but I don't care that you lost your daughter to a drunk driver. That doesn't mean you can make likely illegal, ex camera decisions for other people. Good for Monica for putting the screws to him on that. (I assume that's basically what happened.)n.

Where I think the Judge lost his 'high road' was that he wasn't teaching Maxie a lesson, he was just meting out punishment.  If he extended the ban on visitation by 3 months every time he caught Maxie in a lie *and* told her that was the reason, then he's teaching a lesson.  This way, he's just being a dick.

So Carlos leaves the autoshop and runs to the art gallery.  He doesn't go out the doors and wait for Jordan and Shawn to put their weapons away and then shoot them?  No. He runtellsdat.   And Jordan and Shawn let Carlos go why?  No call to the PD to arrest him?  Honor among thieves mentality?

My mom who is from Germany watched the episode with me and was all "who is krampous?"  I'm like, Krampus mom.  Had to google him for her and she swears she never heard of him.  But she's not from So Germany or Catholic so...   I am definitely doing the Dec 6th boots outside the door thing for Krampus next year!  Watch out nieces..  Bwhahaha.

Guessing it's a staff Christmas party and that no sick kids were invited.

Why is everyone so sure that Ric is safe now?  He could be snatched again or just gunned down.

I did like Sonny's expression when Johnny said that Franco would never be his friend.

Baby Georgie had the hiccups.  So cute.

Still waiting to find out who coma baby is.  thought it was Kiki.  Maybe it's gonna be Morgan? 

• Love 1

Why is Jake being presented as a romantic, charming guy and not the freeloading creeper that he is?

He's been living at Liz's and living off Liz for a month, at least, now.  He has no job and does not seem concerned about getting one. He's not concerned about finding his pesky identity nor is he bothered with securing some form of ID that would allow him to get some  sort of social assistance to get on his feet.

So he's living for free, eating for free, wearing clothes supplied by Liz, and probably letting her do the laundry and cooking as well.

Now, he's putting up a mistletoe and grinning like a weirdo at Liz, trying to come onto her.

He is GROSS. 

• Love 7
Vella, I think it's really odd that they aren't having Jase even try to figure out who he is or if he has a family or whatever. He did try to look for a job in that one episode, though. But everything about this story is just...plot point central. Jase is being romantic towards Liz because of the drama it provides to the quad (Liz/Jase/Sam/Patty). That's why a lot of what's going on makes no real sense.
  • Love 2

Dear Show,

COULD I PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE ANVILS?  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN AND MY SKULL IS NOT YET COMPLETELY SHATTERED.

Sincerely, 

Turtle

(once again, sorry about the screaming, but this show makes me ... scream.)

I can't get too mad at Patrick about Robin because the reality is KMc left the show and they had to do something with him.  The writers are so awful that they couldn't figure out a way to write Robin out that made even one iota of sense, but I don't hold it against Patrick.  

The level of my caring about the judge's pain is so far below the level of so many other things on this show that I don't care about that even the most complicated physics equation cannot possibly define it.  It's basically an imaginary number.

One of my aunts retired a few months and she told me she's been watching GH and her favorite character are Carly and Nina "because they're such great moms!". When I tried to explain to her why they weren't and how Nina wasn't even a mom, she basically said well Ava owed her a baby so now they're even.

I'm debating whether I should return what I bought her for Christmas and go pick something up at the nearest gas station. I think ill also be picking up some hard liquor too.

Maybe pick up a glass of STFU and about a dozen seats for her to take?  

So many characters did crappy things in their pasts that I can easily ignore Ric's history since he brings the pretty with Liz. I'm fickle that way.

I'm also fickle.  This show has elevated my capacity for cognitive dissonance to heretofore unknown heights.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 10

Not on today, but even though I am FFing through General Pentonville, I have to give Mo some props for appearing onscreen looking as terrible as he does.

I loved Maxie's cape/dress outfit, and damn if that little girl didn't sort of resemble Lindze!

Someone in hair/makeup seems to have gotten somewhat of a grip re Hailey. TJ in the stupid cap was adorable.

• Love 3

My new GH mantra: well, it could've been worse.

I liked seeing Monica with Danny, but gave no fucks about Judge Cockblock's daughter.

Krampus? Whatever. I knew Ron would make it campy. The song was unnecessary.

I enjoyed Ric/Sam but Patrick/Sam did nothing for me.

TJ was quite adorable in that hat.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

• Love 2

I hope Morgan is Coma Baby. And Kiki is oh gross.......omg. That means.......we for real watched some VC Andrews shit for a while? At what cost does Morgan get a damn father? And Nina at least will well um love......him? But my God......Micheal. I believe he's paid his price for being the Red Menace. Maybe Kiki is some kid Ava like stole.

didn't this guy like secretly give you birth control and hide a pregnant woman in your house so he could steal her baby? Like maybe stay away from him.

Come on, that baby turned out to be Morgan, and let's face it. He'd have been much better off being raised by Ric and Liz. And we all would have been better off with Carly dead.

I can't help it, Ric and Liz have always been a lovely chem-fest for me. It doesn't matter how annoying she gets, put her in a scene with RiH and I love them both.

Merry Thursday to all, and a Happy Next Thursday!

• Love 11

Guessing it's a staff Christmas party and that no sick kids were invited.

I thought I saw some children in hospital gowns in the back of the crowd. I was looking because I was a little irritated that the Kiddie Quad were front and center at the hospital and rushed Santa when he showed up. Since most of their parents were right there, it would have been nice if someone had told them, "You're guests at this party for children who are patients in the hospital. You let them go first." Or Dr. O could have told them that when their parents didn't. (The more I think about that, the more I like it, and it would have been perfectly in character for her. Take note for next year, Ron.) 

Overall, I have no real complaints about the episode: it was a mix of bitter and sweet, as is life. 

Warmest holiday wishes to all.

• Love 2
Why is Jake being presented as a romantic, charming guy and not the freeloading creeper that he is?

Silly, because he's not Jake, freeloading creeper, he's St. Jasus, romantic, charming hit man for the mob.

It's amusing to me that the women Jason has basically discarded—Liz and Carly—are the ones are ineluctably drawn to him and not the ride-or-die woman whom he married. Hee. I know it's all in service of the triangle/quad/whatever drama, but still.

I'm slightly surprised Ron didn't decide to troll the boards and do something with Jasus/Christmas Eve. It would be just like him to.

• Love 2

Well, speak of the devil - er, Krampus...

Look what popped up in my Twitter feed just now:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/world/europe/krampus-he-sees-you-when-youre-sleeping-and-gives-you-nightmares.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

There's something about that Germanic/Teutonic mindset that is just … different. Apparently good German children once received this book at Christmas: http://io9.com/5913747/the-best-scenes-from-the-most-demented-german-childrens-book-ever-published

Kind of explains Dr. O, I think.

;)

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

So I was all into the Christmas episode with the Krampus and that silly shit, because I was amazed they spent money on that insane, wonderful costume - that was hilarious - and the Powerpoint story and nonsense. That was a lot of fun, and I was okay with it largely because Monica came in and saved the day. Then, of course, came the wacky flashback scenes where cool evil Obrecht blackmailed that square Monica, and then the incredibly mortifying singalong at Grown Adult Nathan's muscled bedside. Like others, I could not stare directly at that scene - it was embarrassingly awful. And while I enjoyed the Krampus bit, I think it's indicative of the deeper problems with the show when Obrecht always gleefully gets it over on the existing good guys in some way, and when Patrick is expected to sit back helplessly while Krampus Obrecht advances on little Emma in costume and tries to scare her. This woman tortured her mother for years! Make her leave the room!

Let's see, what else:

- Ric and Elizabeth were cute, but I laughed at Liz's face falling as she realized she would soon be expected to choose between two men. They have treated her character so horribly. I am actually rooting for Ric here, so that's new.

- Sam and Patrick were cute too, but again, he's shrugged off Robin like it's nothing for the sake of RC's plot. A somewhat better way to do all this would've been to have Sam follow him to Paris as he makes a last ditch search for Robin, they can't find her, he gives up and he and Sam are together. Instead it's like he was never married. You're not supposed to think about Robin until RC tells you to think about Robin - or anything else.

- In the world of Ron Carlivati, T.J.'s twice-monthly appearances, Shawn and Jordan's plot support and now recurring dayplayer Judge Moesha dating Monica are major black representation. If you don't buy that, you must not like interracial romance!

- Georgie II is creepy.

Merry Christmas, everyone!*

(* - but not for Leslie Charleson, Lynn Herring and Jackie Zeman, because their paychecks for the first quarter of 2015 were already allocated for Krampus FX)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Patrick is expected to sit back helplessly while Krampus Obrecht advances on little Emma in costume and tries to scare her. This woman tortured her mother for years! Make her leave the room!

The explanation of this...

You're not supposed to think about Robin until RC tells you to think about Robin - or anything else.

....is this.

It's like she doesn't exist. So why would Patrick or Emma react to a character that did anything to Robin? It's the same reason why Hells and Faison are around and no one cares. It's the same reason we know what Victor did, but no one cares.

But wait! There will be a day when Robin will be back. And the audience will be expected to just accept that no one cared about Robin before but now suddenly do! It's magical! So we should just let it go. Screw what happened yesterday, it's today, right? ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I'm already going nuts! Yay.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Didn't Patrick go with Monica and Nik to shoo Dr Obrecht off the stage? After he's assured Emma he won't allow her to be scared by Dr. O? I wasn't drinking when I watched yesterday's show. Swear.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Asking Dr. O what she's doing and telling her that she's scaring kids and then STAYING there with Emma is dumb. As is working at the hospital under that woman.

But Dr. O is the character the show wants us to feel for and love and Awww, she's so cute with Nathan! ...so I digress. Lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Is the guy playing Patrick gay?  (Serious question, not sarcasm). 

I keep thinking I'm totally into Samtrick because they're pretty and smiley and sparkly, but then whenever they actually get to the point of doing something, the dude playing Patrick looks like he's playing a personal game with himself to see how physically far away from someone you can get while still kissing them.  I looooooved beginning Scrubs (stopped watching shortly after they got together, so I'll take y'all's word for it that it got weird), and I don't recall that he had this problem with Robin.  I thought they were hot.  Does Kelly Monaco have BO?  I don't get it. 

Wow, that was an exciting episode of GH. Who woulda thunk that Miscavagie's Big Three would beat Pentonville's Big Three, especially since the former are all wimmins! And the play-by-play and color commentary by Dr. O and Spencer was great.

@Rancide:

I've always thought JT pings big time, but he's been dating the same woman for years and I believe they recently got engaged.

Edited by Tiger

Is Krampus what you get when you drink some of that deadly Schwarzwald pear schnapps scheisse? I never heard of that but I was in Hesse.

I don't like mooch Jake. For all he knows, he's got a family somewhere yet he's freeloading off someone who has cried poor in the past and seems ready to hit on her. For someone who knows nothing about himself, it seems like hitting on his sugar mom would be a lower priority than finding out who he is. Both the wrting and acting seem to be all over the place when it comes to Jake. One minute he's charming and smiley and then he's like some paramilitary type even though he's supposed to be recovering from major damage.

Liz in desperate mode is awful. She watches Jake like a mother elephant. She needs another reason to exist, like Ric.

Ric, you fox!!!!! There's got to be a picture somewhere because he just gets finer and finer.

Nik looked pretty fantastic too.

I guess since they wear scrubs in jail it's a part of GH.

• Love 1

I want Dante and Anna to find out Obrecht was holding hands with Nathan and singing to him and giving him utter shit about it. Not in a holier-than-thou way but "we are never going to stop making fun of you" kind of way. That would be delightful.

This needs to happen. On screen, I mean. Obviously on the GH in my head it already went down. 

Georgie II is creepy.

I agree. I mean she's no Danny, but she was slightly off. But she's subjected to being around Spinelli all day, every day so I think it makes sense.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Is the guy playing Patrick gay?  (Serious question, not sarcasm). 

I keep thinking I'm totally into Samtrick because they're pretty and smiley and sparkly, but then whenever they actually get to the point of doing something, the dude playing Patrick looks like he's playing a personal game with himself to see how physically far away from someone you can get while still kissing them.

He did the same thing with TeCa during Patrina.  I figured it was just another one of his, "If the story I am being asked to play doesn't completely enthrall me, I'll tank it" tactics.

It's sad that I care more about the judge's backstory with his daughter than I do with Maxie seeing her daughter. She does continue to think the rules don't apply to her, but the Nathan stuff went too far. At least the judge admitted to it, and I do like his scenes with Monica. Much better than Liz making evil eyes at Sam.

Even though the Liz/Jakeson stuff has been horrible recently, I can't help but like her and Ric. They are so sparkly together, but since Jakeson is the new shiny toy, Ric is probably having a character assassination plot heading his way or Liz will not pick him.

TJ continues to be the best boyfriend ever.

I think Ron is torn, he cannot figure out if it will be Jackson, Liz, Sam, Patrick or Jackson, Sam, Carly, Sonny. I hope for Liz's sake she is out of the quad since she will lose. Jason and Sam are always an endgame Love her or hate her it is time for Liz to move into 'Audrey' mode and get a HEA. With no Lucky on the horizon she and Ric could make a nice stable couple, who given their pasts could give wise advice to a younger set.

• Love 5

I didn't think Jake is a freeloader as Liz volunteered, and he does look for a job, but I forget why he turned down Carly's security job offer, but he could have taken it so he's a freeloader now.  Though I'd have thought too it would take Liz more time to decide as she has had months without Ric and was moving on.  I hate Liz has a choice between two men stories because I sympathize with the men more as fickle Liz is not worth it.  She had that with my all time favorite Zander, and since his opponent was St. Jasus, there was no way he could win.  I felt bad for AJ when it was Nikolas and now I feel bad for both men as neither is in a good place and I bet Liz is going to waffle.  

I did see some kids in hospital gowns there too, but the focus was on the brats of whom none were ill.  It was hilarious how Joss loved the whole thing.  

• Love 1

Those Liz/Ric scenes were a huge Merry Christmas to my LiRic loving heart! Do I know that Ron will ruin them? Absolutely! But they are my all time favorite couple, and I will take every scene that I can! I actually do enjoy Liz with Jake, but the writing is clearly on the wall that once he's Jason again it will be back to Jasam. So I say keep Liz with Ric and let them be happy!

• Love 7

Looking back over the Christmas episode after being thoroughly intoxicated I realized that instead of seeing Julian pop round to see Lucas and bring gifts wherein he'd be invited to stay and spend the holiday with Lucas and Brad so Julian could get to know his son's boyfriend and actually have something to smile about on Christmas, instead yet again he and Alexis waste more time discussing their broken relationship which has been circling the drain for months now.

Oh this stupid show, why can't I quit you...

ETA:

So Liz is right smack back in love with Ric after five seconds since knowing he's alive and back but she's "struggling" with the Jake factor, oh how hard does she have it.

I'm not going to waste time on saying just how stupid it all is to me, it's so rife with pathetic and pointless storytelling it's not even funny.

Ric going to speak with Jakson further reeked with such contrived bullshit I could have cared less.

Okay I just...can't take the Anna idiocy...seriously? She wants Jordan to put her life in the hands of Shawn (Seriously Shawn? She'd be better off seeking protection from Spencer) and Duke because apparently being in with Sonny's crowd gives you what? A special invisible force-field of protection or something?

The Jerome clan are already at war with Sonny's business therefore no, killing Jordan would not ignite things, in fact that would be really the opposite considering that taking out people working for Sonny would be quite high on their to do list, especially if said people are proven "traitors" with inside knowledge of their organization.

It isn't even just the lack of logic anymore but...it's everything.

Just watching Anna stand there as so much stupid shit came out of her mouth...it's maddening, it truly is.

Dante's hair is mad at him apparently.

And then they couldn't even be bothered to leave an unmarked car to watch the place and provide Jordan with protection until she did get to Duke and Shawn? They did remember the whole "you're marked woman now" business and everything?

Or perhaps  they assumed Julian would move as quickly as the PCPD does to find someone of interest, between one to twelve weeks.

Alexis "visiting" with Duke and Shawn...no comment.

notLuke never stops being annoying.

Julian with a gun is just hot. Hot hot hot. I'll happily ignore that he didn't use it on that horrid notLuke, for now.

Now all I need is for Julian to finally reveal his status as a deep, undercover agent and then he and Jordan can bang like bunnies while plotting to take down the whole sorry lot of notLuke, Sonny, Duke and Shawn. Make it happen show.

Were they seriously being serious about Maxie and Nathan's "professions of love" segment or whatever the hell that was supposed to be...?

I haven't seen anything that bad in quite some time, wow...they've barely spent enough time together as a "couple" to know each others' birth months but somehow their feelings are just that strong already? Ffs the crappy couplings just won't end.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Maxie has clearly had enough of Georgie.  6 days was clearly sufficient for her because she could barely fake the enthusiasm at getting to stay longer with the child she hasn't seen in a year, rather than get home to Port Charles.  That was painful.

So Jake went out and got a job because Ric was basically in his way and he was feeling sorry for himself. And he didn't even give Liz some of his earnings and now he's moving out because of mean Ric.  Jake is a loser.  There is NO way that guy thinks about who he really is. He has not lifted ONE finger to find out his real identity.

Speaking of Ric, I had to laugh at his declaration to Duke about wanting no part of Sonny's organization.  Sure Ric. SURE YOU DON'T.

• Love 7

She thinks Franco is "adorable". After I detailed his horrific crimes, her retort was to call Dante "mean" for "breaking up that cute little family".

We sat down to watch the show together and d started yelling at each other and my other aunt, this year's host, told us if either one said another word about "that hospital show" were both not welcome at dinner tonight.

Here, Tiger, come sit by me, and we'll drink ta-kee-ya together.

Time is really strange in PC. All of a sudden, it is New Year's Eve.

And the wormhole is working again. Nathan and Maxie travelled cross country in less time than it takes me to get to the airport. 

Plots moved forward today, which was good. My most negative thought was about Fluke's accent, which would appear and disappear, usually during the same response, while he was talking with Julian.

*Oh, and it would now be a good time for Julian to pull out his WSB badge and recruit Jordan. (Hey, it's still the holiday season -- some presents could have been delayed because of … fog.)

• Love 1

How nice of Pip to send Liz home so she can go sort out her love life.

Can Anna and Dante be anymore incompetent? It's like they don't even care if Jordan lives.

You would think Maxie would be more interested in spending as much time as she can with the daughter she spent months complaining about not being able to see instead of worrying about  some dude.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6
Maxie has clearly had enough of Georgie.  6 days was clearly sufficient for her because she could barely fake the enthusiasm at getting to stay longer with the child she hasn't seen in a year, rather than get home to Port Charles.  That was painful

Hey she just wanted that mean ol' judge to let her see the kid, who said anything about raising her and all that grown up stuff? Nathan is waiting for her to declare her undying love to him and stuff.

Can Anna and Dante be anymore incompetent? It's like they don't even care if Jordan lives.

First they tell her the best way to stay alive is to secretly work for the PCPD while jumping ship from the Jerome family to go and work for Sonny's organization. Because nothing quite says "protection from the mob" then being labeled a backstabbing traitor by the other side and going to go and work full-time for the very group they're at war against.

Then they basically tell her "Toodles" and out the door they go, leaving her without so much as a lookout to keep an eye on her until she could make it safely to Duke and Shawn. Too bad she had to go and get dressed though before Julian could get there.

• Love 4

Umm . . . Uhh . . . BH looks great in red.

I have no idea Fin, Dom, and Vinessa got through those scenes with a straight face. Of all the shit Ron expects us to swallow, its Anna & Dante as total imbeciles that really ticks me off.

And I guess La Geary is back to changing accents every few lines.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

This is the worst collection of gangsters in the history of the world. 

Julian: your boss keeps threatening you and yours.  He also insists on continuously turning his back on you.  Put a bullet it in him!  Call the police, tell them that he's still Fluke.  Make another deal or hell, don't call the police, hide his body and take over the territory completely.  

Sonny: You stab and talk at the same time.  There's no need for a soliloquy before the stabbing.  And you have to stab him in the neck to get the full effect.

Shawn: Ummmm.......nothing will help you.

Jordan: Contact your real bosses.  These fools will get you killed.

• Love 4

Anna and Dante may be idiots, but Jordan is as well, so meh. I'd still rather watch all of them than one more fucking second of Liz's love life saga. Or Shawn and Duke running the greatest mob empire of all time. Or Fluke.

DZ killed it today IMO. He looked like he had no idea why he was even there, which might be annoying to me normally, but worked so well that I love it. Plus he looked really fine today. And he was so nonchalant about Sonny. Yay, Dante! I imagine him and Anna stopped at one of the other rooms in the motel for some sexy times after they left Jordan.

This episode was boring as hell and yet somehow there were things that actively enraged me. For instance, Fucking Liz and fucking Jake. I kept wishing Ric would just kill Jake.

• Love 3

DZ killed it today IMO. He looked like he had no idea why he was even there, which might be annoying to me normally, but worked so well that I love it. Plus he looked really fine today. And he was so nonchalant about Sonny. Yay, Dante! I imagine him and Anna stopped at one of the other rooms in the motel for some sexy times after they left Jordan.

Ha. I haven't watched yet really but I thought the same thing from the one second preview. He looked like he was thinking "I fucking hate everything in this room." The disgruntled aura kinda made him look hotter too though heh.

Anna and Dante may be idiots, but Jordan is as well, so meh. I'd still rather watch all of them 

Plus they're all very pretty.

I usually like dark lipstick but Maxie's was weee bit too dark for her. And I do think she sucks for prioritizing Nathan over Georgie but I feel bad for Spin actually that she's all WHEN CAN I GET BACK TO THE HAAAWWT GUY ALREADY.

Oh, block of wood is fine, why do they keep telling him to get off his feet? His mother will catch him in his arms if he swoons.

This is the worst collection of gangsters in the history of the world. 

Julian: your boss keeps threatening you and yours.  He also insists on continuously turning his back on you.  Put a bullet it in him!  Call the police, tell them that he's still Fluke.  Make another deal or hell, don't call the police, hide his body and take over the territory completely.  

Sonny: You stab and talk at the same time.  There's no need for a soliloquy before the stabbing.  And you have to stab him in the neck to get the full effect.

Shawn: Ummmm.......nothing will help you.

Jordan: Contact your real bosses.  These fools will get you killed.

Well remember they fired Jordan so Anna and the PCPD are all she has left. Yeah...she'd already be dead were it not that the League or Bumbling Nitwits were running the two mob organizations battling for all out supremacy of the smallest town in the US of A.

Oh and don't forget Carrrrrrrrrrlos, he'd be useful if he weren't. And Duke...is Duke, so...hm.

Yep, they're all hopeless, worthless twits.

• Love 3

It's sad that I care more about the judge's backstory with his daughter than I do with Maxie seeing her daughter. She does continue to think the rules don't apply to her, but the Nathan stuff went too far. At least the judge admitted to it, and I do like his scenes with Monica. Much better than Liz making evil eyes at Sam.

What pisses me off is that they could have made the judge a more viable character and gave Monica some sort of storyline which could have dovetail with the return of Jason. The judge is played by an actor that was a regular on a sitcom and if we can't have Alan back, we could at least see Monica try to move on, especially if they both had lost children. Instead of the convoluted ways the show likes to contact people to others, they could have had the judge reveal he knew Justice when he was alive. But no, the judge's sole purposely was to be a cockblock and Monica was merely the prop for it.

Maxie has clearly had enough of Georgie.  6 days was clearly sufficient for her because she could barely fake the enthusiasm at getting to stay longer with the child she hasn't seen in a year, rather than get home to Port Charles.  That was painful.

What I think RC wanted to show was the Maxie growing bond with Nathan, what happened is that it made Maxie look as fickle with her daughter as Liz is with men. Instead, since Georgie is over a year old, RC/FV could have shown Maxie being unable to bond with Georgie. It is a shame that Emily Wilson couldn't make an appearance, because we could have seen how Georgie looks to Ellie as her mama, and Maxie realizes her fear of turning into her bio dad, Frisco. The show really should have incorporated Maxie mourning her daughter (for example: crying on Georgie's birthday and having Nathan comfort her) instead of wanting Georgie like she would want a Birkin Bag. 

• Love 13

Or they could just have Maxie okay with Spin and Ellie raising her. She did get pregnant accidentally, it's not a crime for her to be okay with Spin and Ellie raising her child, they're good parents apparently. But I guess they need all this oh noes I'm separated from Georgie stuff to use as an obstacle between her and Nathan.

• Love 7

The show really should have incorporated Maxie mourning her daughter (for example: crying on Georgie's birthday and having Nathan comfort her) instead of wanting Georgie like she would want a Birkin Bag.

Now that you mention it, I've never really gotten the impression that Maxie wanted to get joint custody of Georgie because she actually wanted to be a mother, it seems like she only wants custody because reasons.

• Love 2

It was kinda weird that Jordan was like "you want to take out his power base TOO?" because he probably actually wants that more than he wanted Sonny in prison (i.e. not at all). Dante wants Sonny out of the mob, not him in prison. Too bad he didn't 5 seconds to get to explain his POV on that

So did Mac and Felicia pay for an impromptu flight back to Port Charles for Maxie? The heck? Do they just chuck her a credit card and let her spend it however she wants?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

WOW, Alexis actually had on a dress today that didn't show ANY cleavage, not even a wrinkle of cleavage. She actually looked better and younger, IMHO.

I dunno, maybe if they stopped squeezing her into clothes that are clearly too small. what's wrong with A-line dresses? Or just something that fits? They do the same with Diane.

• Love 2

What pisses me off is that they could have made the judge a more viable character and gave Monica some sort of storyline which could have dovetail with the return of Jason. The judge is played by an actor that was a regular on a sitcom and if we can't have Alan back, we could at least see Monica try to move on, especially if they both had lost children. Instead of the convoluted ways the show likes to contact people to others, they could have had the judge reveal he knew Justice when he was alive. But no, the judge's sole purposely was to be a cockblock and Monica was merely the prop for it.

What I think RC wanted to show was the Maxie growing bond with Nathan, what happened is that it made Maxie look as fickle with her daughter as Liz is with men. Instead, since Georgie is over a year old, RC/FV could have shown Maxie being unable to bond with Georgie. It is a shame that Emily Wilson couldn't make an appearance, because we could have seen how Georgie looks to Ellie as her mama, and Maxie realizes her fear of turning into her bio dad, Frisco. The show really should have incorporated Maxie mourning her daughter (for example: crying on Georgie's birthday and having Nathan comfort her) instead of wanting Georgie like she would want a Birkin Bag. 

Your examples illustrate IMO one of the biggest problems with GH these days: the cast is too large. Because of that, and also due to Ron's ineptitude, he tries to tell too many stories simultaneously and thereby he tells thin stories made up of plot points. Two days ago was Christmas, now it's NYE. Are they still recounting the mayoral votes? What's Lucy been doing? Where's Bobbie? Ron plays lip service to using the vets, but he wants it all. The entire week of Ric and Liz of which it would have been nice to see even a scene or two was summed up in 2-3 sentences by Liz today.

• Love 4