Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Both female lawyers yesterday looked like they got their clothes from the clearance bin at WalMart.  This friggin' show. 

It's probably what they wore to work that day and wardrobe had nothing for them.

It's been a long time since Bobbie was kidnapped, so, I guess good that Shiloh didn't go after Willow, Sam, Kristina or Carly, but too bad that there are so few females on the scene who could feature in a good abduction story.

Oh, of course the first words out of Avery's mouth every morning are "where's Joss"? eeeeyerooolllllllll. First of all, why would she ask that, wouldn't she figure out she's AT SCHOOL? And now she'll figure out she's at JAX'S HOUSE.

• Love 8

I think the guard and I have the same Warby Parker glasses, heh.

Sam's sneer at Shiloh when he swore to tell the truth was so silly. What's next, sticking out her tongue?

"I had a little time before picking up Wiley at the nanny." I assume Bobbie is referring to Leo's poor overworked nanny.

LOL at Sam being offended that Robert had the nerve to tell Jason not to kill Shiloh. Of COURSE that's something Jason would do. Taking matters into his own hands is what he does. 

12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And now she'll figure out she's at JAX'S HOUSE.

Which is likely very close to Sonny's house. Joss isn't moving to Australia, Carly. Dial back the drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

It's not like Avery doesn't know that sometimes kids spend the night at the other parent's house.

The defense lawyer looked particularly bad in those striped pants. There is a reason some countries make the lawyers wear robes in court.

Spinelli trying to play the tough guy is even worse than Sonny trying to do it. At least Jason has a black T-shirt.

Sonny and Carly are both idiots, Sonny for suggesting Joss live with Jax so Dev can stay with them.

Sam is acting like Shiloh actually raped Kristina instead of just coming close. Projecting maybe. She's an idiot of she thought the defense attorney wouldn't bring up what Sam did to  him and his father.

Don't go to Montreal, Dev!  We have enough problems without you in the country.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Sonny's awfulness was at its prime today, bargaining Joss' place in his home in exchange for Dev. His hemming and hawing about just "thinking out loud" was utter bullshit. I'd almost feel sorry for Carly that Sonny would cast out her daughter in order to keep a random kid in a situation that clearly makes Carly uncomfortable, but y'know, she's chosen this dick over and over again, and he's only proving himself to be everything she's always known him to be.

Sam was working my nerves today, too, from the indignant look on her face when Shiloh described her relationship with his father to her snooty tone regarding Robert. Yes, Sam, the audacity of Robert warning Jason not to do anything illegal mere seconds before Jason confirms he will do said illegal act sure is something. Everyone knows Jason is a thug with no concern for the law, cool it with the umbrage. God, she sucks. 

Those Pentonville vans really don't have a good track record, do they? Just once I'd like there to be a more creative way for the criminals to run amok. It's so lazy to have the cops be so woefully inept that the bad guy can outmaneuver them without breaking a sweat. But Bobbie's probably glad to be featured in a story with more prominence than the tribulations of Scott's love life or her own diabetes diagnosis, so good for her, I guess? Whatever, I can't get too upset with this stupidity (saving my energy for Kim/Franco, sigh) so I'm just gonna roll with it. (And how sad is it that I'm evaluating which shitty story stinks slightly less than the other and is less deserving of my outrage? This show, I swear.)

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And now she'll figure out she's at JAX'S HOUSE.

I can't be the only one who kind of laughed that Sonny would rather they send Josslyn (at least "temporarily") to live with her father/a man he despises than stop the momentum of adopting his future minion. 

I also laughed at Sam directing bitchface at Shiloh esp. when he  mentioned during testimony her history of conning his father.  She's given numerous people over the years that bitchface whenever getting called out on her bad deeds or when not getting what she wants. Is that face supposed to be intimidating? 

🤮 when Bobbie called Sonny "handsome papa." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wow! Sure seems like some exciting action must have happened, given that Shiloh ended up impersonating an officer rather than being shot in the transfer van, and then pulled Bobbie over/ ran her off the road,? 

I guess we can all have fun imagining it. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So does Bobbie have Wylie in the backseat since she was going to pick him up?

This makes sense since I bet Shiloh wanted to steal his son But how did he know Bobbie was  going to be the one to pick him up?

Girl Reporter still doesn't know how media work. If you don't like the stories you're given, pitch another story. Do it on your own time if you have to.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:42 AM, Captanne said:

(This conversation is fascinating about medical ethics -- of which I know nothing.  Although I know a whole lot about ethics from a philosophical standpoint -- my PhD is in Kantian ethics).

As a lawyer, it makes perfect sense to me that American ethics would have shaken out that Kim owes no legal duty of care because she is not Franco's doctor of record (except, what about the Samaritan laws?)  Franco probably doesn't fall under the Samaritan laws since there is no immediate threat to his health or anyone else's* but I don't know.

Psychology here. (One of the things I learned is that when Neil told Alexis that he couldn't see her as a patient any more, he had an obligation to help her find a new therapist, unlike on the show where he told her she could find her own.)

Kim would have been prevented from being anything medical for Franco unless it was an emergency since she had an emotional connection and was sleeping with him now. Current guidelines are very clear that doctors can't treat people with whom they have a close relationship. This treating your family and friends that they do on TV is a no-no, even if she hadn't been disturbed herself.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:32 AM, perkie1968 said:

But we don't know if he's a danger.  No one knows the fallout of the experiment.  Does it cause violent tendencies?  No one can guarantee that it doesn't.

Legally there has to be an indication that he is dangerous, either by threatening to hurt himself or someone else, or having made an attempt. Not knowing the outcome of the procedure isn't enough.  And even then, it's only a 72 hour hold

In order for Liz to use her medical power of attorney, she's going to have to go to court to prove that he cannot make decisions for himself since he's clearly not going to step aside for her to do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2019 at 11:23 PM, statsgirl said:

It's an interesting philosophical question -- what makes who a person is? Is it the memories, which is what Franco carries?  Is it the reactions and feelings, which is what Drew had?

You can't entirely divorce the two, of course.  But even with Drew Caine's memories, Franco still retains his impulses and sense of entitlement which the other Drew never had. Where Drew backed off, Franco would have pushed forward. Because of who he is innately.  Small infants have personalities even before they encounter experiences.

If Franco had lived Drew's life rather than his own, his memories would have been different than the ones he now carries because Franco would not have reacted to Drew's experiences the same way that Drew did.

I really, really like the idea that Drew's memories are being filtered through Franco's instincts/Id. It's a great explanation for the differences between Drew/Franco and Jason/Drew. It explains everything except the accent - nothing explains the accent.

Having said that, I'd still rather keep FrankenDrew. He's a better character for RoHo, and that matters if we're stuck with him. He can fall in love with Liz without the stalking and dog cages and they can raise the bebe that he for sure just created with Kim, who will probably be Heather's roommate in Ferncliff by this time next year.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the guard and I have the same Warby Parker glasses, heh.

Sam's sneer at Shiloh when he swore to tell the truth was so silly. What's next, sticking out her tongue?

"I had a little time before picking up Wiley at the nanny." I assume Bobbie is referring to Leo's poor overworked nanny.

LOL at Sam being offended that Robert had the nerve to tell Jason not to kill Shiloh. Of COURSE that's something Jason would do. Taking matters into his own hands is what he does. 

Which is likely very close to Sonny's house. Joss isn't moving to Australia, Carly. Dial back the drama.

After that I said "haha Sam you're stupid!" Lol Jason just told her how it is. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not to mention acting sooooo offended that Shiloh would "use my past" to try to avoid prison.  That's rich coming from someone who will hold a grudge against anyone she thinks has done her wrong. 

And, no, Sam, Robert wasn't "out of line" to warn Jason not to take the law into his own hands.  What a flunkie.  I guess being Jason's ride or die is so preferable to having to wear a skirt and work a legit job.

Sonny's an asshole for the whole "let Joss live with Jax" thing that was done purely to get Carly to back down, but, Kee-crist, living in the same city with her father wouldn't be "uprooting" her. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention acting sooooo offended that Shiloh would "use my past" to try to avoid prison.  That's rich coming from someone who will hold a grudge against anyone she thinks has done her wrong. 

And, no, Sam, Robert wasn't "out of line" to warn Jason not to take the law into his own hands.  What a flunkie.  I guess being Jason's ride or die is so preferable to having to wear a skirt and work a legit job.

Sonny's an asshole for the whole "let Joss live with Jax" thing that was done purely to get Carly to back down, but, Kee-crist, living in the same city with her father wouldn't be "uprooting" her. 

I don't think Sonny was that much of an asshole for once when Carly's giving these weak reasons for why she doesn't want Dev there. Having to say that Dev is a cousin is not what is stressing Joss out. Just say she has every right not to want to take in some random kid Sonny found.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ciarra said:

When did Sam pay for her crimes?  Other than getting her own TV show out of it.

I don’t get why they gave her this backstory and then never let her have to pay or have people even be able to acknowledge it. I don’t think we even knew about her marrying men to steal their money until years after she came on the show and by that point, she was pretty entrenched as one of the leads so we knew she was never really going to pay

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think the only people in GH history who have paid for their crimes were Blackie Parrish, Steven Webber and Matt Hunter

Shawn Butler is still in jail for something he didn't do. lol

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joss is stressing out? Or Shebeast?

Carly is claiming Joss is but Joss’ issues just seem to be Oscar related. I think Carly is using Joss as an excuse because she doesn’t want to admit to Sonny that it’s her that doesn’t want Dev in the house. Her feelings are valid but she never really gets a say in anything when it comes to Sonny, which is ironic because it’s the exact opposite in most of her other relationships. This dynamic should have been addressed a long time ago if they want to insist that Sonny and Carly are supposed to be this stable couple but I don’t think it’s come up with LW’s Carly. 

Re: Dev.  How rare is it for Jason to side with Carly instead of Sonny?  The Borg usually just gives Carly the stink eye. 

Whatever happened to Carly's "7 month ultrasound" that was going to give them more info about the NYE-conceived baby?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Whatever happened to Carly's "7 month ultrasound" that was going to give them more info about the NYE-conceived baby?

She had an ultrasound recently that said what type of spina bifida it was and that the baby would need immediate surgery as soon as it was born.  Another reason why they agreed on a C Section.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ffwbe said:

This dynamic should have been addressed a long time ago if they want to insist that Sonny and Carly are supposed to be this stable couple but I don’t think it’s come up with LW’s Carly. 

They won't address it because Sonny can't be less than always right.  There is a hierachy on this show of who is right and who is wrong. Sonny and Jason are at the top, followed by Carly and then Sam as long as she's with the real Jason. Ava and Julian sit at the bottom.

I find it horrendous that Sonny and Carly expect Joss to automatically lie to her father and cover up what she must know are Sonny's illegal activities.  Way to parents, creeps

• Love 10
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They won't address it because Sonny can't be less than always right.  There is a hierachy on this show of who is right and who is wrong. Sonny and Jason are at the top, followed by Carly and then Sam as long as she's with the real Jason. Ava and Julian sit at the bottom.

I find it horrendous that Sonny and Carly expect Joss to automatically lie to her father and cover up what she must know are Sonny's illegal activities.  Way to parents, creeps

Jason is at the top, then followed by Sonny. 

• Love 3

It's just so bizarre there's all this scrapping about Joss and Dev's care when they 1) have a pre-schooler they're raising at least half the time, probably more given how assy they are about giving Ava access and 2) should be preping themselves to care for a newborn, one who may have special needs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It would be to Avery and the unborn Corinthii's benefit if Sonny and Carly ignored them/let them raise themselves.  Maybe they can try to sneak into Monica's day (and night) care center!

Speaking of the baby, what way do we think the wind is blowing on that?  It seems insane that Sonny and Carly will have a kid, a grandkid, and an adopted kid all in one very short period of time.  Then again, they clearly are pandering HARD to this fanbase, i.e. the vow renewal.  So I'm not sure.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of the baby, what way do we think the wind is blowing on that?  It seems insane that Sonny and Carly will have a kid, a grandkid, and an adopted kid all in one very short period of time.  Then again, they clearly are pandering HARD to this fanbase, i.e. the vow renewal.  So I'm not sure.

I originally thought that they were keeping the kid alive so that baby crazy Kim could kidnap it from the hospital. Since they clearly went in another direction with her character, I honestly think we’ll end up with the baby surviving  the surgery and living mostly offscreen until they need to trot him out for holidays and special occasions. Makes me sad but I really think they just wanted another Carson kid to replace Morgan. The show has given up on giving Sonny and Carly any interesting stories 

• Love 5

Why must GH insist on this duality. Have they no faith in viewers? The Sopranos was a hit show for many years and they did not try to deify Tony and Carmela or hide their self delusion, crimes and bad parenting. Even on this show, they did not used to hide Sonny's mob activities so much. Now it's just Sonny intimidating people with a wink and a smile, while the family is meant to be viewed as some heroic modern day version of The Waltons. 

• Love 11

I suspect that they don't think the GH audience is capable of dealing with a real anti-hero as the star of the show even after years of Luke Spencer. They want Tony Soprano but they also want him to be Pa Walton.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like to think Jax knows Dev is no cousin of Sonny's, but he's not going to say anything because he knows it won't do any good. Sonny doesn't care what Jax thinks, and Carly won't push hard enough for Jax's feelings to be heard.

I like to think that it's also because he knows that if he pushes it, Joss is going to be the one who is hurt, torn between her father and her mother & Sonny.

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Makes me sad but I really think they just wanted another Carson kid to replace Morgan.

Until Morgan comes wandering back into town with amnesia. But only after Nicholas comes back.

It sucks for Kim that her son really is dead rather than missing and presumed dead.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I suspect that they don't think the GH audience is capable of dealing with a real anti-hero as the star of the show even after years of Luke Spencer. They want Tony Soprano but they also want him to be Pa Walton.

Their attempts to do so is an INSULT to Pa Walton!!! 😡And to a lesser extent, an INSULT to Tony Soprano--who actually was someone to be scared of as he was a scary sonofabitch; his anxiety issues nothwithstanding. Hell. Robert DeNiro's Mob boss was a lot scarier in Analyze This, which was supposed to be a comedy. But then, it's Robert Fucking! DeNiro.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

They should have just wrote Sonny leaving the mob for good since they aren’t interested in doing mob stories anymore. While I don’t think Sonny as the “good mobster” ever worked, it really doesn’t work when he’s not facing off against a bigger, badder criminal. Having him treating characters like Shiloh and Ava as the most despicable people on the planet is laughable when his crimes have been so much worse

• Love 13

I originally thought that they were keeping the kid alive so that baby crazy Kim could kidnap it from the hospital.

I thought that Nelle would end up escaping prison and physically confront Carly, causing her to lose the child but then the writers had Nelle spew something about the evil Quartermaines. 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Having him treating characters like Shiloh and Ava as the most despicable people on the planet is laughable when his crimes have been so much worse

Don't forget Margaux's mother, who was such a terrible person for asking her lover to get rid of her husband, much worse than the guy who gave the order to do it and Sonny who actually murdered him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The new IKEA commercial with Cat Stevens was the best part of this episode.

The best indication that Franco is not sane is his belief that Oscar is his son. That's not memories. Or DNA.

Lucas: He has a large bump.on his head...There's no sign of head injury.  Me: Other than the large injury on his head.

Pip, even if your superiority didn't annoy me, claiming friendship with the biggest mob criminal in the east coast would

Why is random ER doc giving Jason Bobbie's detailed medical information when Lucas is in the hospital?

I will never forgive Peter for not killing Jason when he was told to. Incompetent. And with no redeeming characteristics.

• Love 11

Carly's baby needs to hurry up and be born already so it can go into sequester like all the others (though luckily this one won't be a tenant at Monica's Group Home for Invisible Kids) and I won't have to remember it exists until Carly and Sonny dance the divorce tango again. No one cares about this baby, least of all its father. Move. On. (And please get Carly out of that ugly dress, too.)

I wanted Julian to go WAY harder with his anger at Kim, though renouncing the name Charlie was a nice twist of the knife, given that was about the single most intimate detail Kim ever offered Julian. Didn't like how he cited Kim's grief and also talked down about himself, as if any amount of grief or anything he did in the past justifies his partner stomping all over their relationship and his feelings.

Round of applause for our super savvy P.I. who chose, after receiving what was obviously a distress call from a kid, NOT to call the cops or seek any assistance but to instead go bumbling into the situation blindly, hollering all the while. JESUS. That is a straight-up Lulu move, Sam, be ashamed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

My BIG eye-roll moment of the day - dayplayer doc relying on Jason Morgan for information about Bobbie's pre-existing conditions when she's a nurse in the hospital and was diagnosed there.

So much love for the "my name is Julian!" parting fuck you to Kim. His anger was well-played. I liked that he figured out she was going to run away with FrancoDrew. 

Hey Sam, super PI. You can hear that Dev sounds scared and in trouble, then obviously something happened to him - but yet you don't enter the Haunted Star showing any kind of caution, and you don't have an easily accessible gun on your person in case of trouble? Dumb ass.

I'm happy to be right that Shiloh would at some point kidnap Wiley because Brad is such as selfish asshole.  Hopefully Brad feels like the scum of the Earth because Wiley is in danger because of his lies.  But Shiloh stashing Wiley behind the bar was a WTF moment. 

• Love 9

They couldn’t even have Kim admit to Julian that she slept with Franco until he directly asked her? And she was really planning to just leave with Julian the day after she tried to run away with Franco when she didn’t even have the decency to break up with Julian in person? I have no words

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Linny said:

I wanted Julian to go WAY harder with his anger at Kim, though renouncing the name Charlie was a nice twist of the knife, given that was about the single most intimate detail Kim ever offered Julian. Didn't like how he cited Kim's grief and also talked down about himself, as if any amount of grief or anything he did in the past justifies his partner stomping all over their relationship and his feelings.

But what is with the rewrite that Julian changed his life for Kim. He had already bought the bar and gotten out of the mob when he met Kim. If he changed or attempted to change for anyone it was for Alexis.

• Love 4

Julian started to change for Alexis. But I think they're referring to not killing Obrecht last week, which he started to do and then thought about Kim.

Kim needs to check herself into a residential health facility because she's a clear danger to herself.

Someone needs to introduce Jason to car cellphone chargers. Saves me when my phone runs down.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

But what is with the rewrite that Julian changed his life for Kim. He had already bought the bar and gotten out of the mob when he met Kim. If he changed or attempted to change for anyone it was for Alexis.

He’s said this a couple times but I think it’s just to add significance to their relationship. He was already out of the mob when he met Kim. If anything, he should have said that she’s the reason he stayed out because making all of these changes didn’t get him Alexis or his family back. If not for Kim, it would have made sense for him to fall back into the mob since it was a long time before Lucas and Leo came back into his life. 

Also makes me wonder if that Julian and Alexis scene a week ago was a last minute add-in because he definitely gave her a lot of credit for changing during that scene. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

A rewrite so that he can revert back to his mobstery old self.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2