Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

I believe Frank has the show writing for Anna through gritted teeth. Finola pushed him to get certain things. From what I've heard he doesn't like that. But as long as she props up Easton who's failed once again (and Wes Ramsey) she has a lion's share of airtime in bad story.

I think Van Etten likes Laura. I also think his taste, like Ron Carlivati's varies wildly and not always for the best. He was a RC man back at OLTL and he has a fun background.

Edited by jsbt
(edited)
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Elizabeth Korte: Carlyyy!!!111

Chris Van Etten: Obrecht. Franco, kinda. Maybe Spin. Chase and Willow?

Frank: Anna, McBainEastonfinn, Maxie, Franco. Ava/Maura West because he was probably able to lowball her. Nina. Joss. Chase and Willow? 

some ABC person who can order FV around: Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam.

Well I guess that's like 25% of the cast.

I wish ABC could order around FV to actually write/produce a good show.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

Scout was clearly the rash idea of someone when they thought Steve had job security at Y&R. Which, how stupid did they have to be? He was gonna get bounced sooner or later. Now there's this poor little third baby sticking out like a sore thumb. She's either gonna get got or they're gonna make her Jason's off some bullshit - watch.

I personally don't mind her existing, but it's clear it was something the show has no ability to deal with now that God-King Steve is back.

No doubt Scout would have never existed or been miscarried if they had known Steve coming back was even a possibility. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a show handle a return worse than that of Sbu. The whole Scout thing to me is just another example of it. It’s so gross that she’s seems to now be this awkward “what do we do with her” 4th wheel who has somehow impeded on the Jasam family.  I’ll never understand why the decision was made to throw so many characters in to a upheaval so that Sbu could walk back in like it was 2012. His return should have been written to fit where the show was when he returned not turned upside down to fit him. 

• Love 12

They had to know it was a possibility. FV, or any EP, is too shrewd to not keep an eye on it. I knew it would happen someday in 2012 and I'm an idiot. It's just the nature of this business. They may have just been in a snit about Steve at that particular moment when plotting that baby story, or maybe they thought he'd re-upped at Y&R or that JFP (Steve's patron at CBS) was rock solid. Either way, stupid.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think Maxie only gets written for so she can carry the likes of RP and LWB/FS

I think FV obviously favors her, I think anyone else who had to take two lengthy breaks would have been fired.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Hater said:

Well I guess that's like 25% of the cast.

I wish ABC could order around FV to actually write/produce a good show.  

How could that even happen though? Anything with, what, 7 commercial breaks automatically loses all momentum.

4 hours ago, jsbt said:

They had to know it was a possibility. FV, or any EP, is too shrewd to not keep an eye on it. I knew it would happen someday in 2012 and I'm an idiot. It's just the nature of this business. They may have just been in a snit about Steve at that particular moment when plotting that baby story, or maybe they thought he'd re-upped at Y&R or that JFP (Steve's patron at CBS) was rock solid. Either way, stupid.

Someone knew. Otherwise Miller would have been a flat recast instead of Jason with plastic surgery.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

How could that even happen though? Anything with, what, 7 commercial breaks automatically loses all momentum.

Someone knew. Otherwise Miller would have been a flat recast instead of Jason with plastic surgery.

Then why mandate certain characters to get story or be paired if you’re not going to put any effort into making it good, it’s just a lame excuse. 

Edited by Hater

Sonny,  you should be embarrassed that your son has to ask you to love him and Josslyn enough to act like an adult re: Jax. I enjoyed Michael's "see ya, this isn't worth a conversation and my date's here" attitude when Sonny wanted to whine, as well as the flattering things he said about Jax to Sasha (versus dismissing Jax and just talking about Sonny).  Speaking of pathetically immature as well as unprofessional and gross, Valentin and Nina need to be shoved off the parapet at Wyndemere. 

I get that Nina is crushing on Jax, but I don't for a moment believe he would ever be into Nina no matter how much they're grinning at each other. Of course, I thought the same about him falling for Carly. 

The Franco & Ava scene(s) today worked so well, proving that these two would 'fit' as a couple. They are so unforced together and I don't get the creeper vibe from him when he's with Ava. 

I assume we're supposed to think that Kevin told Finn it's okay to give the order to have someone inject Ryan's IV?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I get that Nina is crushing on Jax, but I don't for a moment believe he would ever be into Nina no matter how much they're grinning at each other. Of course, I thought the same about him falling for Carly. 

He also adored Brenda.  I like Jax, but his taste is women is highly suspect.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

This whole kidney storyline is gross and the whole reason why organ recipients and potential donors aren't supposed to know about each other. Ryan is still a human being with basic rights and isn't obligated to give up a functioning organ simply because he is a match to someone in need. He wouldn't get his own brother medical help to reverse the blindness, what makes everyone think Ryan would give a kidney to Jordan, especially when everyone and their mother are allowed to wander into Ryan's room to badger and/or threaten him?

Finn is useless and that's the type of doctor I want working on me, for sure, one that thinks the Hippocratic Oath is open to interpretation. *rolls eyes*

Only on GH does it have me rooting for the serial killer to tell everyone involved to go screw themselves and get himself a lawyer.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That could have been for story purposes so that Elizabeth would have to keep the big secret.

I remember on OLTL, they recast Max with Nicholas Walker (?) and it was said that he had plastic surgery. Then, James DePaiva came back and he just winked at the camera and said he felt like his old self.  I'm not sure what my point was if I had one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jax activating the inferiority complex of both Valentin and Sonny just on the sheer virtue of his existence is so much fun for me. He's just out there doing his business, looking at real estate, hanging with his kid, nothing extraordinary, yet these two tools are so very threatened. Really speaks to the quality of men they are that they can't handle a decent dude living his best life.

Lord bless Alexis for finally coming out and saying that she resents Kristina for being a mob apologist asshole. She's taken so many emotional beatings from Kristina that she has every right to be upset with her daughter. Also, I like Neil and hope whatever is happening with him manages to not be disappointing/stupid.

Finn and Kevin can justify doing the wrong thing for the right reasons all they want, but that doesn't make what they're doing okay. Ryan doesn't owe Jordan a kidney just because he's a match. Jordan isn't entitled to Ryan's kidney because she's a law-abiding citizen and he's not. Finn and Kevin are supposed to practice medicine honestly and ethically, it's not up to them to deem one life more deserving than another.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lord bless Alexis for finally coming out and saying that she resents Kristina for being a mob apologist asshole. She's taken so many emotional beatings from Kristina that she has every right to be upset with her daughter. Also, I like Neil and hope whatever is happening with him manages to not be disappointing/stupid.

Whatever. She put herself in that situation by choosing a mobster to father her child.  She was bound to turn out with mixed up morals and priorities.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I remember on OLTL, they recast Max with Nicholas Walker (?) and it was said that he had plastic surgery. Then, James DePaiva came back and he just winked at the camera and said he felt like his old self.  I'm not sure what my point was if I had one.

That soaps can always undo what's been done?

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He also adored Brenda.  I like Jax, but his taste is women is highly suspect.

At the time they met, Brenda was a model who had traveled/was famous and had a privileged life before that due to her father Harlen. Their attraction made sense for a few reasons.

Contrast that with Carly. She ran away from her life in Florida as a young 20 something, and has lived in Port Charles since then, accomplishing nothing without the $ from the men she latched on to. She didn't finish any education beyond h.s., didn't get and hold a real job, and had never been anywhere outside of Port Charles in her adult life aside from when Sonny took her to the island. Carly was and is the opposite of what the audience was lead to believe was Jax's type - smart, affluent, educated, and at least somewhat savvy about the world.

• Love 7

Kevin finally has the breakthrough realization that Ryan can't be helped and that he (Kevin) can't save him and he has that scene with Finn, not Mac, Felicia, Lucy, or Laura?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Contrast that with Carly. She ran away from her life in Florida as a young 20 something, and has lived in Port Charles since then, accomplishing nothing without the $ from the men she latched on to. She didn't finish any education beyond h.s., didn't get and hold a real job, and had never been anywhere outside of Port Charles in her adult life aside from when Sonny took her to the island. Carly was and is the opposite of what the audience was lead to believe was Jax's type - smart, affluent, educated, and at least somewhat savvy about the world.

I think that’s part of it, but I also found it unrealistic for Jax to want anything to do with Carly considering how he behaved when Robin was with Jason. Witnessing that, I don’t believe he’d ever be cordial to Carly at all. Alas, it’s a soap, actors/characters leave, and then random characters are paired.

• Love 2

If Finn really kills Ryan on the operating table, I might start to think better of him. Right now, he's a wet dishrag. And he got  "first do no harm" wrong; it's doesn't mean you can't help, it means that when you are helping, make sure you don't do even more harm.

18 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin finally has the breakthrough realization that Ryan can't be helped and that he (Kevin) can't save him and he has that scene with Finn, not Mac, Felicia, Lucy, or Laura?

Oh, you aren't scared that it's Finn killing Ryan now?

Valentin and Sonny plotting to get rid of Jax -- what a couple of losers, so afraid he's going to charm their women away. And the show using Alexis to try to push how dangerous Valentin is. Yeah, right.

Trying to convince us that Nina is a shrewd magazine editor or that  Michael is a romantic hero are equal fails.  On the other hand, Franco talking honestly with Ava was a hit.

Good scenes with Alexis and Neil. Consider me shocked that the writers got the psychology right.  Damn right Alexis should be resenting how Kristina and Sonny treat her and well played to get her to realize it.  The next step should be a joint therapy session with Alexis and Kristina, not Alexis confronting Kristina on her own. (Also, I"m especially happy for Joe Flanagan since I was watching Stargate: Atlantis reruns this weekend.)

39 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Whatever. She put herself in that situation by choosing a mobster to father her child.  She was bound to turn out with mixed up morals and priorities.

Alexis had a ONS with a man she was crushing on. It's not like she went looking for a criminal to father her child, and as soon as she found out that she was pregnant, he did everything she could to keep it from Sonny. The show started to explore her fascination with bad men till it got dropped for Jason and Sam at DoD and Ryan's killing spree.

36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

At the time they met, Brenda was a model who had traveled/was famous and had a privileged life before that due to her father Harlen. Their attraction made sense for a few reasons.

Don't forget Sam, who also didn't finish school and was a conwoman and grifter living off of the men she conned. Sadly, it appears that is Jax's type too.

(Sobs for never getting Jax with V. The Monte Carlo Caper was fun.)

• Love 5

I love how Jax has no time or patience for Sonny.  

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume we're supposed to think that Kevin told Finn it's okay to give the order to have someone inject Ryan's IV?

This sort of caught me by surprise.  When Kevin told AVa that he didn't think Jordan would make it,  I thought for sure Ava was going to be the one to convince Ryan to give the kidney of his free will.  He still loves her even if she tried to kill him.  So, to have someone inject Ryan, and it's likely on Finn/Kevin's order,  so they can take the kidney and then kill him on the table, did not see that coming.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That soaps can always undo what's been done?

Yep, actually that probably was my point.  I need to start typing my points before my examples because I'm going senile.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis had a ONS with a man she was crushing on. It's not like she went looking for a criminal to father her child, and as soon as she found out that she was pregnant, he did everything she could to keep it from Sonny.

First of all, Alexis is a very smart woman. I'm sure she understands how children are made. Second of all, her lying to Sonny about who the father of her child was is just as wrong as when Carly did it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Second of all, her lying to Sonny about who the father of her child was is just as wrong as when Carly did it.

If it were anyone other than Sonny (or Jason), I'd agree, but considering how all of Sonny's children have been kidnapped, nearly blown up, and raped, keeping their paternity from him is practically a requirement. It means trouble later on, of course, but keeping kids safe should override Sonny's obscene ego.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Don't forget Sam, who also didn't finish school and was a conwoman and grifter living off of the men she conned. Sadly, it appears that is Jax's type too.

I wasn't watching when Sam came on the show, but my impression is that there was no attempt to make the audience believe that was a true serious relationship that involved Jax falling in love. Whereas, we're supposed to believe Jax and Carly were really in love and that he still 'respects the hell' out of the woman who cheated on him, lied to him, constantly valued Jason or Sonny over him, conspired with Sonny against him when she didn't want him to have  custody of Josslyn, etc. Okay, surrrreeee.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Whereas, we're supposed to believe Jax and Carly were really in love and that he still 'respects the hell' out of the woman who cheated on him, lied to him, constantly valued Jason or Sonny over him, conspired with Sonny against him when she didn't want him to have  custody of Josslyn, etc. Okay, surrrreeee.

But it's Carly! How could he not 'respect the hell out of her'? She's so special!

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

First of all, Alexis is a very smart woman. I'm sure she understands how children are made.

It's a soap opera, unplanned pregnancies are the meat of the show. Just off the top of my head: Leo, Avery, Michael, Cameron, Jake, Robin, Emma, Lucas, Wylie, Oscar, Peter, James, Sam, Franco, Jason&Drew, Carly and the new CarSon baby.

It means trouble later on, of course, but keeping kids safe should override Sonny's obscene ego.

As it does with Shiloh.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If it were anyone other than Sonny (or Jason), I'd agree, but considering how all of Sonny's children have been kidnapped, nearly blown up, and raped, keeping their paternity from him is practically a requirement. It means trouble later on, of course, but keeping kids safe should override Sonny's obscene ego.

If you really want to hide a man's child from him, the best route would be to leave town when you find out you're pregnant but before you're showing.  Then to make double sure, leave it at a safe haven so there's no chance the man will even know you had a baby.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

It's a soap opera, unplanned pregnancies are the meat of the show. Just off the top of my head: Leo, Avery, Michael, Cameron, Jake, Robin, Emma, Lucas, Oscar, Peter, James, Sam, Franco, Jason&Drew, Carly and the new CarSon baby.

Sure, but that doesn't make the parents not responsible.  The best way to not have a child with someone your find revolting is to not have sex with him/her.

• Love 3

Just a few questions here. What has happened to Shiloh? Did he die (hopefully, the answer to that is “yes’’.  Is Carly still pregnant because the writers aren’t making her their primary focus every day? Do I care who kills Ryan so that Jordan can get his kidney to save her life and we can finally be done with Ryan AND the kidney story? NO, I do not care. Please be done with this. And let Ava go because she’s the most interesting character on this show now.

• Love 2

Alexis didn't find Sonny revolting when she slept with him. That came later, contributed to by the death of her sister. 

27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If you really want to hide a man's child from him, the best route would be to leave town when you find out you're pregnant but before you're showing.  Then to make double sure, leave it at a safe haven so there's no chance the man will even know you had a baby.

Willow tried that with Shiloh's baby but it's not working. Ditto Obrecht with Nathan and Alex with Heinrich. Not to mention,  being separated from your child forever is a high price to pay to keep him or her safe.

I think if a man is a danger to his child, it's on him if the mother feels she has to hide the child's paternity from him to keep the child safe.  Carly is an idiot to think that her new baby(s) will be fine as the child of "the biggest mob boss in the eastern coast".  So is Sam.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Jax activating the inferiority complex of both Valentin and Sonny just on the sheer virtue of his existence is so much fun for me. He's just out there doing his business, looking at real estate, hanging with his kid, nothing extraordinary, yet these two tools are so very threatened. Really speaks to the quality of men they are that they can't handle a decent dude living his best life.

It's gross that Valentin wants to undercut Nina in order to feel better about Jax owning Crimson. Ugh.

Curtis, I'm pretty sure Jordan will mind if you get thrown in jail for organ stealing, attempted murder, and whatever other crimes you're fine with committing. More ugh.

Kevin and Ava's breakup was sweet and funny.

42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Leo

Just being reminded of him sends me into a rage blackout.

Alexis is only now Spyder-Finding Neil?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Just a few questions here. What has happened to Shiloh? Did he die (hopefully, the answer to that is “yes’’.  Is Carly still pregnant because the writers aren’t making her their primary focus every day? Do I care who kills Ryan so that Jordan can get his kidney to save her life and we can finally be done with Ryan AND the kidney story? NO, I do not care. Please be done with this. And let Ava go because she’s the most interesting character on this show now.

The focus will happen when she's in labor and might lose the baby but a miracle happens and her son aka NuMorgan is born.

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

wasn't watching when Sam came on the show, but my impression is that there was no attempt to make the audience believe that was a true serious relationship that involved Jax falling in love. 

Actually Sam was brought on to be his next big romance after Brenda and Skye. They bombed and they moved her over to Sonny. When that didn’t work, they put her with Jason where she has more or less been stuck with a few detours when Jasambwere on the outs (Lucky) or he was presumed dead (Silas and Patrick).

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Sure, but that doesn't make the parents not responsible.  The best way to not have a child with someone you find revolting is to not have sex with him/her.

Unless you're Lulu, in which case you never met the father of your child until the day he takes all of you hostage and murdered your brother and attempted to kill your mother.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Unless you're Lulu, in which case you never met the father of your child until the day he takes all of you hostage and murdered your brother and attempted to kill your mother.

Well, OK.  I'll give you Lulu. But for those that make their children int he traditional manner, I stand by my statement.

I've decided I'd like this show better if the writers went batcrap  crazy. Let the police commissioner get an evil kidney that turns her into a serial killer. Let AJ (who didn't even get a peripheral "my father" mention today) haunt Michael.  Bring a decapitated Morgan back from the dead. They won't have to worry about getting Bryan Craig, who's busy right now, because (a la Soapdish) he won't have a head! I'd say if they know GH is going to go down, let them make it entertaining at the same time. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think TPTB wanted Carly pregnant and having a baby, and she will have it b/c those in charge think CarSon need a living biological child. And since BC is off trying to do something better than soaps, and MB hates recasts....you get this.

That's why Scout is such a disgust for the writers since she's not JaSam's she's Drew's.

Edited by Hater
Just now, Hater said:

That's why Scout is such a disgust for the writers since she's not JaSam's she's Drew's.

I know CDL is trash but they just had an article explaining how Scout could actually be Jason's after all. Sam would just have to be violated again, but apparently she is fine with that these days.

• LOL 2
25 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I know CDL is trash but they just had an article explaining how Scout could actually be Jason's after all. Sam would just have to be violated again, but apparently she is fine with that these days.

It's 100 percent not true. If that did happen to happen it will just be a coincidence, not because that site had valid information, because it doesn't. It just constantly makes up fake spoilers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Alexis is only now Spyder-Finding Neil?

Now she's looking up his personal life. Finding his dedication to his wife and daughter and thereby not on the market made her sad. (While she's there, Alexis should also look up the APA guidelines that say he can't date a patient until after two yers they've ended therapy.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Hater said:

Neil is boring.  

I like Neil and the actor. He’s so smart and written really well. Of course. Mileage does vary as people here tell me. LOL!!!!

Also, if Jordan should survive (I don’t really care) can she do something with her hair after surgery? I’m getting so tired of that thing on top of her head. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"It's not you, it's me." Aww.

Today's episode was really boring. Crimson, kidney, Crimson, kidney, Aurora, kidney. Snore. I liked Jon Lindstrom pulling double duty because he's awesome at that. Ava/Franco is usually good also, but I just hate that they've turned him into this saint like character when he's anything but. It makes it hard to stomach.

Bored now. [/Willow, not that one.]

Boring, boring, boring. [/Sebastian]

• Love 4
(edited)

As it does with Shiloh.

Read this board just before watching yesterday's episode.  I enjoyed watching Sonny* (and would have enjoyed the character as a businessman instead of a violent mobster) and Valentin's interactions.   Just reading 'Shiloh' made me remember Jason and Sam and the general suck of energy their plots entail. 

*This is the first time that I think that I typed 'Sonny' and 'enjoy' in the same sentence. 🙃

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"It's not you, it's me." Aww.

This!!  I wonder if it was an ad lib because both Maura and Jon laughed what sounded like a genuine laugh.  As much as I like Kevin/Laura and I think Ava/Scotty would be interesting, I'm going to miss Ava/KevinRyan because those Maura and Jon are so good together (and apart).  I despise Franco with the heat of a thousand suns, and yet, in a scene with Ava, it's not terrible.  And that's all Maura's doing because she's awesome.  

Sonny is such a frickin' baby.  Jax is doing nothing except spending time with his daughter and stepson, and working an honest living.  Shut up Sonny.  

• Love 8

It looks like Jax and IR are having a good time being back in PC. It's funny that they are going full throttle with Jax & Nina when they knew MS was leaving. Why give people a chance to compare? I would have just waited a month and started up the storyline with CW. That said, I did like Nina's high waisted off white pants and lepoard top. I'm not sure if I would have worn the thing belt though. I'm not crazy about MS mugging but she wears clothes really well. She's tall and thin but not built like a stick. I'm looking forward to CW take on Nina. Will she be more crazy since CW does that well or more reserved. Yesterday, was CW first day. So, I guess in a month we should know soon enough.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Sonny is such a frickin' baby.  Jax is doing nothing except spending time with his daughter and stepson, and working an honest living.  Shut up Sonny.  

As has been said, it's amusing to watch Sonny so irritated by Jax's mere presence.  Jax may say he hates Sonny--and I'm sure he does--but the total childish "go away, you're ugly" mindset is all Sonny the man-child.

Michael said some nice things about Jax, but him acting like it's a 50/50 does shitty things to each other split is pure bullshit. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael said some nice things about Jax, but him acting like it's a 50/50 does shitty things to each other split is pure bullshit. 

Michael is just getting to know Sasha, and he likes her, so I'm not surprised he was just going with "They don't get along, have done stuff to each other" generic explanation instead of the scarier/more honest explanation that his father once tried to kill Jax by disabling his airplane, set up Jax to be accused of rape, murdered my bio father at point blank range, etc. A potential girlfriend would understandably be intimidated, thinking: "Yikes, will Michael's father try to have me killed if we have a fight or he sees me on a date with another guy?" 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael is just getting to know Sasha, and he likes her, so I'm not surprised he was just going with "They don't get along, have done stuff to each other" generic explanation instead of the scarier/more honest explanation that his father once tried to kill Jax by disabling his airplane, set up Jax to be accused of rape, murdered my bio father at point blank range, etc. A potential girlfriend would understandably be intimidated, thinking: "Yikes, will Michael's father try to have me killed if we have a fight or he sees me on a date with another guy?" 

I forgot about that. So gross. Our leading man, ladies and gentlemen. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael is a Sonny apologist (save for that lovely, far-too-brief time when he got custody of Avery), so I don't have any faith that he would ever be honest with *himself*, much less anyone else, about how awful Sonny is.

• Love 5