Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam is willing to be sexually assaulted. 

Is Sam sick again with the cat poop disease? That might be the only explanation for her current behavior.

• Love 3

At least  Sam is willing to sacrifice herself for Kristina this time rather than always Jason and Sonny.

I still don't like the baby swap but I am liking that they are now including Chase, Lucas, Julian and Shiloh in it as well as Willow, Brad and Michael.  It feels a bit more soapy and not just keeping characters in bubbles.

I wanted to punch Sonny when he told Robert that he really didn't care that it was a bad time to talk to him. Shut up, Sonny, the world doesn't revolve around you.  And then what he had to say really wasn't important at all.

Is Anna going off to Hungary to look through Alex's files for FH's vacation?

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Looks like they are actually moving forward with baby swap. My prediction: Brad lets it slip that Willow is the mother, Shiloh is able to put it all together. He is going to go after Wiley but then Brad tells the truth in his confession for the trust. Shiloh keeps his mouth shut and uses the assumed truth to try and get Willow back. When it all hits the fan, Brad will tell Lucas the truth who will reveal that Wiley is actually Jonah to keep him away from the cult. The Whos break up for good.

Isn't it only women in the trust? I know Brad is gay but I haven't seen an indication that Shiloh is bi.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens. I wish Lucas had told Julian that Valerie said to keep away from DoD, not just Willow. Because with Kim saying how good Shiloh is and Kristina living there, Julian doesn't have enough information to be anti-DoD.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can't wait till we get to when sexual orientation becomes irrelevant and it's about the story itself.

but that's just it. This ISN"T about sexual orientation. She approved the adoption knowing full well they're gay. That was never an issue and I still don't see it as one. The only issue IMO is that she doesn't want 'her' child involved with DoD. She'd have the same reaction if Brad were straight.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

but that's just it. This ISN"T about sexual orientation. She approved the adoption knowing full well they're gay.

I agree. I don't see the story as being concerned with sexual orientation at all but some have objected because they see it as a woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  Hopefully some time in the future it won't be an issue.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Hater said:

Show thinking Sam is a hero because she’s willing to be sexually assaulted is peak insanity.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hopefully some time in the future it won't be an issue.

It wouldn't be an issue now if people didn't always see ulterior motives 😞

• Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Show thinking Sam is a hero because she’s willing to be sexually assaulted is peak insanity.

It's beyond disgusting. I never want to hear about Franco again and how Sam should never be around him.  

And Jason <blinks> <blinks>

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was all smug about the health coverage where I live and then yesterday I ran across a gofundme campaign to help a 6 year old little girl in her cancer treatment. The new government has cut benefits to anyone who has private insurance and her family's insurance doesn't cover the $450 a week food for her feeding tube.

*Hello fellow Ontarian!

I'd have a bit more sympathy for Robert's dislike of Peter and his insistence that Peter is extremely dangerous if Peter wasn't so milquetoast-y with Maxie. And everyone else, for that matter. It reminded me of how Valentin was described as the worst Cassadine ever...and then he moved to Port Charles. Does Port Charles turn everyone dangerous into the dullest of the dull? (Quite proud of myself for being able to use the word "milquetoast" in a sentence.)

And I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if a woman knows that a man (Shiloh) drugs women and then has sex with them, and decides to let herself get drugged so said man can have sex with her and she can have him charged with sexual assault, he could not be charged with sexual assault. Because she is consenting to sex.

What the heck was Shiloh's question to Kim about whether Drew ever sent her anything after he was deployed?  Is this whole Shiloh story not going to end soon? I was hoping we'd be done with DoD by the time the month ends.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At least  Sam is willing to sacrifice herself for Kristina this time rather than always Jason and Sonny.

That's the thing, though. Kristina is out of DoD and Jason is telling her to pull back, but she isn't because of that stupid pledge which she assumes is about Sonny. 

And she won't let Shiloh be killed because it would somehow still hurt Kristina. And I know exactly how that sounds. 

I think her ass was more susceptible to the brain washing than she thought. 

Also, Sam at the Qs, but no Drew in sight. 

Meanwhile, Kim has run into Lucas, Brad, has gone to see Shiloh, who have all presented their condolences to her, but no such thing has happened with Sam. The whole thing has gotten too stupid for words.

I won't be surprised if she is nowhere near the funeral.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's the thing, though. Kristina is out of DoD and Jason is telling her to pull back, but she isn't because of that stupid pledge which she assumes is about Sonny. 

And she won't let Shiloh be killed because it would somehow still hurt Kristina. And I know exactly how that sounds. 

I think her ass was more susceptible to the brain washing than she thought. 

Also, Sam at the Qs, but no Drew in sight. 

Meanwhile, Kim has run into Lucas, Brad, has gone to see Shiloh, who have all presented their condolences to her, but no such thing has happened with Sam. The whole thing has gotten too stupid for words.

I won't be surprised if she is nowhere near the funeral.

I bet she isn't.  lol.  Actually, there is zero doubt in my mind she won't be there. Jason will be though for sure.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

...but some have objected because they see it as a woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  Hopefully some time in the future it won't be an issue.

That's exactly what it is.  A woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  That doesn't change because of a character's motives or reasoning.  As stated earlier, the message is still there, even if not everyone picks up on it.  And then of course there's always the unconscious mind to consider.

I agree that hopefully sometime in the future it won't be an issue.

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

How about the rented rooms at Kelly's?

Yep.  Those, too.

1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

A woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  That doesn't change because of a character's motives or reasoning.

So, if a straight person sees a gay person beating the crap out of their kid they can't do anything about it because gays are above all criticism in the parenting (or any other) department?  Sounds like a bad precedent to set.

• Love 12
(edited)

My issue with the Willow/Brad thing - and as I said yesterday, I didn't see the scene, just read some stuff about it - was what it's always been - the story of Lucas and Brad being parents isn't really about them, we never really get to see their relationship and their relationship with their child.  It's a story designed so, eventually, they won't be parents anymore.  It's about Michael and, increasingly, about Willow.  If we saw more of Lucas and Brad being fathers, having that relationship with Wiley, I don't think these interactions with Willow would bug.  Remember a few weeks ago when she asked Brad to let her have visitations without telling his husband/co-parent?  That's not okay, but we're supposed to think it is because of the POV Willow is afforded in the story.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

What the heck was Shiloh's question to Kim about whether Drew ever sent her anything after he was deployed? 

I wonder if it's that random telescope Drew and Kim found in Oscar's box of personal items.  According to Kim, she had given it to Oscar but it had originally been given to her by Drew.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

My issue with the Willow/Brad thing - and as I said yesterday, I didn't see the scene, just read some stuff about it - was what it's always been - the story of Lucas and Brad being parents isn't really about them, we never really get to see their relationship and their relationship with their child.  It's a story designed so, eventually, they won't be parents anymore.  It's about Michael and, increasingly, about Willow.  If we saw more of Lucas and Brad being fathers, having that relationship with Wiley, I don't think these interactions with Willow would bug.  Remember a few weeks ago when she asked Brad to let her have visitations without telling his husband/co-parent?  That's not okay, but we're supposed to think it is because of the POV Willow is afforded in the story.

They are completely telegraphing that Willow is going to grow attached to Wiley, be devastated when she finds out the truth, and then and up with Michael to be near the baby. My only questions are:

1. Will they continue to call the baby Wiley or go with his actual name, Jonah?

2. How will the growing popularity of Willow and Chase affect things? Chase especially seems to be growing in popularity, likely because he's attractive, competent, kind, and not a felon.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Katy M said:

So, if a straight person sees a gay person beating the crap out of their kid they can't do anything about it because gays are above all criticism in the parenting (or any other) department?  Sounds like a bad precedent to set.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where you're getting any of this from. 

As for the show, I never said that Brad and Lucas are above criticism of any kind.  Only that the criticism has consequences, particularly when you have a homosexual couple being criticized for their parenting by the heterosexual birth mother.  Yes, you are free to write stories like that.  But those stories can carry with them unintended messages that cause harm.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

OMGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss this visit????!!! I'm pretty sure I was sporadically watching! Or mebbe I wasn't. Oh, wait. I jumped and swam to the Barge when Robin and Patrick left. It won't happen, but I'd really love to see these two and yes, even Luke, go on another adventure. Oh Wait. I forgot whose running this clusterfuck of a fakakta soap.

I do think that the brief encounter they had this week beat these one or two scenes from 2016 by a country mile, in terms of warmth and a sense of history. Something may happen though -- if not adventure, than romance. I think Robert will be a bit of a spoiler for either Laura/Kevin or Anna/Finn.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wanted to punch Sonny when he told Robert that he really didn't care that it was a bad time to talk to him. Shut up, Sonny, the world doesn't revolve around you.  And then what he had to say really wasn't important at all.

It cracked me up that Sonny asked if Robert had a minute and then said, "I don't care it's not a good time." Good lord. He's such an infant.

And after all the angst Anna had about Peter being her son or not being her son, she decides she doesn't care. TFGH to just punt the whole story. 

4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

And I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if a woman knows that a man (Shiloh) drugs women and then has sex with them, and decides to let herself get drugged so said man can have sex with her and she can have him charged with sexual assault, he could not be charged with sexual assault. Because she is consenting to sex.

That's what I was thinking, too. Way to make this story even grosser, Show.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Remember a few weeks ago when she asked Brad to let her have visitations without telling his husband/co-parent?  That's not okay, but we're supposed to think it is because of the POV Willow is afforded in the story.

Are we supposed to think it's okay? I don't think hiding it from Lucas puts Willow in a good light, nor does her sort of reneging on the adoption by getting more involved. And we know Wiley isn't Willow's baby, so things won't end well.

I'm glad Julian finally told Lucas off about how Lucas treats him. Julian really has tried to abide by the rules re: Riley, so Lucas can shove it when he says he doesn't trust Julian. Then stop asking him for things! It's so aggravating when the show tries to have things both ways but won't let anyone acknowledge that, so it was a nice surprise Julian was able to. This time.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

That's exactly what it is.  A woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  That doesn't change because of a character's motives or reasoning.  As stated earlier, the message is still there, even if not everyone picks up on it.  And then of course there's always the unconscious mind to consider.

I agree that hopefully sometime in the future it won't be an issue.

I think we all know about dangerous subtext. So it's not that we're not picking up on it. It simply isn't happening here, nor is the show even unintentionally sending out this message. 

• Love 14
(edited)
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we supposed to think it's okay? I don't think hiding it from Lucas puts Willow in a good light, nor does her sort of reneging on the adoption by getting more involved. And we know Wiley isn't Willow's baby, so things won't end well.

I don't recall Willow being rebuked at all for making that request.

And again, it goes back to the POV Willow is afforded versus Brad and Lucas.  Her feelings about the baby are, narratively, treated with more importance than Brad and Lucas'.  And we'll be expected to care more about her feelings when this all comes out and not, say, Lucas' heartbreak at having to give up his son.

In completely other news, I hear Dimitri Merrick was mentioned today?  Whom from Port Charles talked about him?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Hater said:

I'm sure tomorrow's first scene will be Jason saying, "Uh, do what now?!!" and Sam will say, "Psych! We'll just make him THINK I'm out cold, and then we'll bust him."  But it's gross to end the show with her saying that, here in 2019.

• Love 2
(edited)

1. Will they continue to call the baby Wiley or go with his actual name, Jonah?

Hmmm I can't recall a baby swap where the child kept the name they had under false pretenses, usually because they're still babies when they get switched back.  Victor Jr. became Danny, Ben became Rocco, Connie became Georgie, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1

Oh man this robert/Anna/Finn scene is causing me horrific second hand embarrassment. Anna talking about not abandoning grown Peter's butt. Robert talking about how cunning he is when he's not, he sounds like an idiot for acting like he's a threat, and then Finn jumping in like he's their dad. uuugh.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hmmm I can't recall a baby swap where the child kept the name they had under false pretenses, usually because they're still babies when they get switched back.  Victor Jr. became Danny, Ben became Rocco, Connie became Georgie, etc.

Sydney's name on Days of our Lives stayed the same when Sami found that her baby was switched.

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In completely other news, I hear Dimitri Merrick was mentioned today?  Whom from Port Charles talked about him?

Robert. He told Anna that Dimitri had a bunch of Alex's personal papers and stuff and Anna could use it to track Alex down when Peter was conceived and born.

2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if it's that random telescope Drew and Kim found in Oscar's box of personal items.  According to Kim, she had given it to Oscar but it had originally been given to her by Drew.

But Drew gave it to her before he went on the Afghanistan mission, didn't he?  Shiloh said that Drew couldn't stop talking about a woman he had been involved with.  Did Drew meet Kim, go off to Afghanistan and see Shiloh, them come back and conceive Oscar and then go away again?

That said, you're probably right about the telescope.

10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Robert. He told Anna that Dimitri had a bunch of Alex's personal papers and stuff and Anna could use it to track Alex down when Peter was conceived and born.

And Anna shut it down completely and told Robert to drop it because she wants to keep her relationship with Peter, then Robert got angry at her because it involved him and Robin too. Then Finn yelled at Robert to leave poor little Anna alone.

I expect Anna to change her mind just about the time FH takes her vacation and go to Hungary after all.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I expect Anna to change her mind just about the time FH takes her vacation and go to Hungary after all.

So Dimitri's in Hungary, not in Pine Valley? 

Edited by TeeVee329
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Shiloh said that Drew couldn't stop talking about a woman he had been involved with. 

I figured that comment should be taken with a grain of salt. Drew at sometime apparently knew something bad about Shiloh, and I think Shiloh was just fishing to see if she knew anything that would be bad for his "new" image.

• Love 3
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

That's what I thought Robert said, that Dimitri had Alex's old papers in Hungary and Anna could use them to find out where Alex was when Peter was born.  Although he might be in Pine Valley and Anna goes there.

(It always struck me as strange that Dimitri was represented as Hungarian since that's not a Hungarian name.)

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, rur said:

I figured that comment should be taken with a grain of salt. Drew at sometime apparently knew something bad about Shiloh, and I think Shiloh was just fishing to see if she knew anything that would be bad for his "new" image.

For all we know, Shiloh may have known Drew before Afghanistan and lied about when they met. For reasons.

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think we all know about dangerous subtext. So it's not that we're not picking up on it. It simply isn't happening here, nor is the show even unintentionally sending out this message. 

It's okay if not every viewer sees the same thing.  That's to be expected.  However, just because someone can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.  To me, the message is as clear as day.  I can only speak for myself of course.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's what I thought Robert said, that Dimitri had Alex's old papers in Hungary and Anna could use them to find out where Alex was when Peter was born.  Although he might be in Pine Valley and Anna goes there.

I was just curious because the Dimitri/Alex divorce is something the show brought over from the PP AMC, but PP AMC also saw Dimitri move back to Pine Valley to work for Brooke.  But it would make sense that Anna's "summer vacation" would be somewhere abroad.  But it would be more fun if Anna spent "the summer"  in PV and came back with fun gossip!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I take anything concerning Drew and Kim with a grain of salt as they make this shit up as they go. Kim was a three month fling to Drew. He left her with a CD and didn't think or try to contact her for 15 years. Shiloh even told him in their first meeting he never spoke about Kim to him. When they first introduced Kim, she claimed that Eeyore's dad was a bad man. Then after a talk with Liz, Drew became father material.

Even if they have Jason disagree with Sam's plan and they don't go through with it, the damage has been done. They have taken a beating to Sam's character with this dumb ass story.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't it only women in the trust? I know Brad is gay but I haven't seen an indication that Shiloh is bi.

Maybe Harmony gets a turn.

And yes, I know that’s gross. But the whole sexual assault aspect of this story is gross. And the way that Sam, of all people, is using it as a tool in her charade is beyond repellant. But I suppose we’re meant to see this as empowering, since she’s engineering her own victimization for the greater good. Bleccchh.

8 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

That's exactly what it is.  A woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  

But she’s not complaining about the parenting of a gay man. She’s complaining about the parenting of a man. And she’s not actually complaining about his parenting. She freaked out because she’s afraid of Shiloh getting near “her” baby. Any other kind of reaction would have been weird, given the circumstances.  I really don’t understand how this has become a thing.

• Love 16

I did like that Kim wasn't buying what Shiloh was selling about the dying and stuff. I'll give her that. Of course, she might get desperate. All of that said, how is it that all of Port Charles doesn't know this isn't a cult now. Port Charles isn't that big of a town. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracked me up that Sonny asked if Robert had a minute and then said, "I don't care it's not a good time." Good lord. He's such an infant.

And after all the angst Anna had about Peter being her son or not being her son, she decides she doesn't care. TFGH to just punt the whole story. 

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh man this robert/Anna/Finn scene is causing me horrific second hand embarrassment. Anna talking about not abandoning grown Peter's butt. Robert talking about how cunning he is when he's not, he sounds like an idiot for acting like he's a threat, and then Finn jumping in like he's their dad. uuugh.

And THESE are just examples of why I don't want Tristan on contract. I miss and loved his calling Mooby a THUG, even if he was being Pod!Robert! when he first returned from the dead. I RELISHED his disgust for that mini Michael/Vito Corleone wannabe. And Frank, that asshole and his hacks, actually have Robert!FUCKING!Scorpio! listening to this murderous motherfucker, instead of getting in his face, and telling him that he (Robert) doesn't have to listen to him, work with him, blah, blah, fishcakes. You get the idea. Robert has dealt with the likes of Mikos and Helena Cassadine. Mooby is just a petulant whiny man-baby.

And Anna shut it down completely and told Robert to drop it because she wants to keep her relationship with Peter, then Robert got angry at her because it involved him and Robin too. Then Finn yelled at Robert to leave poor little Anna alone.

Finn can just STFU. I don't understand why Anna would even want a relationship with this spawn of Faison. I hope Finola sticks around for the Nurses Ball and then goes off on her vacation. I need me some Scorpios Reunion!

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

(It always struck me as strange that Dimitri was represented as Hungarian since that's not a Hungarian name.)

Well. Just because he's in Hungary (if he is) doesn't mean it's because he's Hungarian. Maybe he just moved there? Or is currently there? I dunno. I stopped watching All My Children many moons ago, and only watched Anna and Robin's reunion. So what do I know?

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'mI'm glad Julian finally told Lucas off about how Lucas treats him. Julian really has tried to abide by the rules re: Riley, so Lucas can shove it when he says he doesn't trust Julian. Then stop asking him for things! It's so aggravating when the show tries to have things both ways but won't let anyone acknowledge that, so it was a nice surprise Julian was able to. This time.

And, of course, it will all be for naught because Lucas will find out Julian knew about Wiley the whole time and never said anything proving he is still the evilest evil ever on this show. And even though he had no idea Wiley was Jonah, he'll be blamed for keeping Muchael away from his son. Heck, Sonny and Co. will probably also use it against Ava somehow and the show will let them get away with it. Sam and Lucas (when he is allowed to appear on the show) will continue to show up at Charlie's and insult Julian. I'll strain an eye muscle rolling them so hard.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't recall Willow being rebuked at all for making that request.

And again, it goes back to the POV Willow is afforded versus Brad and Lucas.  Her feelings about the baby are, narratively, treated with more importance than Brad and Lucas'.  And we'll be expected to care more about her feelings when this all comes out and not, say, Lucas' heartbreak at having to give up his son.

Lucas is going to be the one I feel most sorry for when all of this is over. It will, of course, be sad for Brad who essentially is losing a child a second time, but he did bring this one on himself. Julian will be vilified, but he is used to that by now. Michael might mourn the lousy time, but he has the rest of his life to parent Wiley/Jonah and the wonderful opportunity to have his son get shot due to proximity to Sonny. Willow will learn her son died, which is horrible, but she's going to end up with Michael (yuck) and will have a relationship with Jonah/Wiley. Lucas is completely innocent here, will lose his son, likely ends his marriage, and is the obit party completely wronged here who will not get a win in the end.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not exactly a baby swap, but Lucas was still Lucas.  Maybe Sheryl didn't have a name picked out for him already?

13 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where you're getting any of this from. 

As for the show, I never said that Brad and Lucas are above criticism of any kind.  Only that the criticism has consequences, particularly when you have a homosexual couple being criticized for their parenting by the heterosexual birth mother.  Yes, you are free to write stories like that.  But those stories can carry with them unintended messages that cause harm.

I'm getting this from this:

A woman complaining about the parenting of a gay man.  That doesn't change because of a character's motives or reasoning.  As stated earlier, the message is still there, even if not everyone picks up on it.  And then of course there's always the unconscious mind to consider.

• Love 2

And, of course, it will all be for naught because Lucas will find out Julian knew about Wiley the whole time and never said anything proving he is still the evilest evil ever on this show. And even though he had no idea Wiley was Jonah, he'll be blamed for keeping Muchael away from his son.

I'm sure MB is already rehearsing* his "SON OF A BITCH!"/throws barware scene.

*Ha, just kidding.  Pretty sure Mo just looks at the script the day he has to film it.

10 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Even if they have Jason disagree with Sam's plan and they don't go through with it, the damage has been done. They have taken a beating to Sam's character with this dumb ass story.

Awful.  She's awful.  The monotone drone reading of "he drugs people and has sex with them--that's illegal."  Thank you, Perry Mason.  And, yes, considering drugging her and letting her assume they had sex was exactly what Franco did to her, it's disgusting she thinks this is a great plan.

• Love 1

I’ve watched most of the shows in which Willow interacts with Wiley, Brad and Lucas. Never have I heard Willow criticize them over how they’re raising 
Wiley until the name DOD entered the scene. That had nothing to do with being gay and everything to do with an evil cult.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And, of course, it will all be for naught because Lucas will find out Julian knew about Wiley the whole time and never said anything proving he is still the evilest evil ever on this show. And even though he had no idea Wiley was Jonah, he'll be blamed for keeping Muchael away from his son.

Yes, I'm sure somehow the whole baby swap will become Julian's fault. He's been way too blameless lately.

• Love 7

Off-topic, but since it's been mentioned a few times, Dimitri Marick was an honest-to-goodness Hungarian Count. Maybe his parents liked the name Dimitri. Marick doesn't exactly sound Hungarian, either, but, you know, writers. There was a whole big storyline about Erica discovering that Dimitri was royalty, and very nicely done. And Michael Nader looked hawt in his Count costumes! Fangs for the memories...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm sure MB is already rehearsing* his "SON OF A BITCH!"/throws barware scene.

*Ha, just kidding.  Pretty sure Mo just looks at the script the day he has to film it.

Awful.  She's awful.  The monotone drone reading of "he drugs people and has sex with them--that's illegal."  Thank you, Perry Mason.  And, yes, considering drugging her and letting her assume they had sex was exactly what Franco did to her, it's disgusting she thinks this is a great plan.

Hey now! Don't be putting my beloved Perry's name in the same sentence as this moron!!! Them be fightin' woirds!

• Love 1

Poor horny Peter. He was so excited at the idea of getting to bang Maxie in her new lingerie and instead he is bunking with Curtis and Laura. Hahahaha

It's so weird how I'm cheering for Shiloh in this whole storyline.

Shut up Sonny. Take it as a standing order.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

What did I miss? I thought Peter and Maxie were going to Paris, so you can imagine how surprised I was when Laura and Curtis showed up. 

• Love 6
(edited)

While I appreciate the shout-out to Toronto it's  58F (14C) today. There ain't no one skating in front of City Hall in May.

"Let's just hope nobody sees through it."  Anyone who hasn't heard the Revenue Canada warnings about fake agents, you mean Laura. Why didn't you say you were doing a survey rather than pretending to be someone official from the government?

Why didn't Ryan bring the mail in? It looks very shady piling up like that, someone is going to come around to check on her, neighbours if she's the kind who volunteers.

I have to say, I loved Laura's expression when Curtis suggested that Kevin and Ava were deliberately making themselves a target to flush out Ryan.

LOL at Jordan saying "Dr. Finn is proof that you can be a successful doctor without any discernible bedside manner."

Also LOL at Alexis telling Sonny to call Kristina because she'll think it's adorable until he starts judging her and then she'll hate his guts. And Neil intervening when Sonny starts badgering her.

I like Ava telling Kevin that he can't make up for the lives Ryan took by donating a kidney. But MW's black roots matching the black in her outfit distracted me.

3 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Off-topic, but since it's been mentioned a few times, Dimitri Marick was an honest-to-goodness Hungarian Count. Maybe his parents liked the name Dimitri. Marick doesn't exactly sound Hungarian, either, but, you know, writers. There was a whole big storyline about Erica discovering that Dimitri was royalty, and very nicely done. And Michael Nader looked hawt in his Count costumes! Fangs for the memories...

Marick isn't even close to any of the aristocratic names. And as much as I like someone in the diszmagyar uniform of two centuries ago, it always drove me crazy that the show couldn't even do basic research on Hungarian (there is no 'ck') or its aristocracy.

Sorry, old sore.  The lack of basic research on this show ....  If they had just looked up the weather in Toronto, they would have learned that flooding is the real problem in the southern Ontario area right now, not snow storms.   It would have made sense if Laura and Curtis were stalled by flooding, not snow.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

While I appreciate the shout-out to Toronto it's  58F (14C) today. There ain't no one skating in front of City Hall in May.

They still think we live in igloos and log cabins.

I really can't with the Maxie/Peter pairing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4