Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nelle has no bio connection to Carly, so it's not as if that made a difference—the kidney isn't one of those organs where a relative is the best match. Any terrible father could have sold his daughter's kidney on the black market. It wouldn't have changed the story at all. The Frank Benson angle was more needless complication that added nothing.

• Love 3

Agree that the kid and Billy Miller we're good in the I'm not your dad scene.

For me, the highlight of the show was Sonny trying to intimidate Britt, claiming she must know something about her father's plot. And her response was, you have a daughter, do you tell her about your illegal activity and make her an accessory after the fact.

Sonny's durrrr face and mumbled, we thought you might have overheard something , was frankly, the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

And quite honestly, if Jake prefers Drew as his father to Jason, I say, karma's a bitch Jasus, why don't you cry to AJs grave about it.

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Agree that the kid and Billy Miller we're good in the I'm not your dad scene.

For me, the highlight of the show was Sonny trying to intimidate Britt, claiming she must know something about her father's plot. And her response was, you have a daughter, do you tell her about your illegal activity and make her an accessory after the fact.

Sonny's durrrr face and mumbled, we thought you might have overheard something , was frankly, the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

And quite honestly, if Jake prefers Drew as his father to Jason, I say, karma's a bitch Jasus, why don't you cry to AJs grave about it.

Moppet!Jake really brought it in the park scenes with Billy Miller.  Strong scenes for both of them.

I was never a Britt fan, but I loved her "nothing to see here" attitude with the Gotti wannabes.  She wasn't intimidated in the least and I am here for that.

• Love 11

Isn't Jake a little old to believe in Santa? I can see him pretending when he's around his younger siblings, but he's 10, right?

Well he is never around them so no reason for him to pretend.

I am fine with everyone hating Franco. The only people who genuinely like him are Dr O (crazy doctor who hooked up with Faison), Kiki (well she is Kiki) and Liz.

I was thinking that the only reason that Liz thinks being with Franco is a good thing is because he was nice to her when she thought that she was being snubbed by everyone when they found out that that she was hiding that Jake Doe was Jason.

As for Nelle, Kim said she was 6 weeks pregnant. Nelle has no power or money to influence Kim to lie for her. And Kim’s biggest secret is that Drew is Oscar’s dad. Plus Nelle looks way too happy to telll Carly the news and she already dropped a hint with Carly earlier when Sonny and Carly brought Avery to see Santa.

They are building this rivalry between Maxie and Nelle out of no where, so only one of them will have a baby at the end of this. My bet, Nelle has the baby but Maxie will get her baby thanks to Grandma O. After alll the times, Nellle has lied to Michael, he won’t believe her that someone took theirs baby.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They are building this rivalry between Maxie and Nelle out of no where, so only one of them will have a baby at the end of this. My bet, Nelle has the baby but Maxie will get her baby thanks to Grandma O. After alll the times, Nellle has lied to Michael, he won’t believe her that someone took their baby

Didn't FV just do this story? Twice?.

I'd rather see Michael have a kid and add another Quartermaine to PC than watch Maxi have a kid with Detective plywood - Nelle is badly written but the actress is competent. RP is just terrible, 5 years in and he's still terrible.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
On 12/7/2017 at 3:45 PM, Linny said:

I'm exhausted by Franco's fragile ego and his need to cling to Liz, since it's pretty damn clear she has no desire to leave Franco. There hasn't been a hint of hesitation from her regarding her love for Franco, so his massive insecurities are irrational and tiresome.

Maybe it's the OLTL connection through RHo, but I've been thinking of the Brad and Jenny storyline that was big when I was a kid. He was a scoundrel who kept doing unspeakable things, and she was beautiful and sweet and kept forgiving him, until she'd finally had it. Partly because of the skill of the actors, there was incredible pathos in the way Brad would have had Jenny's heart forever just by being himself -- if he hadn't kept stepping on his own dick.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Isn't Jake a little old to believe in Santa? I can see him pretending when he's around his younger siblings, but he's 10, right?

My nephew is 10 and he still "sort of" believes in Santa.  For the kids on the playground Santa is a hotly debated topic.  I think my nephew is at a point that he knows the truth but is still wanting to believe in Santa.  It is nice that Jake still believes.  He has had so much of his childhood stolen from him by Helena and he deserves to have the magic of Santa in his little heart.  Damn, that Christmas spirit just snuck up on me.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've been watching Top Of The Lake II: China Girl  and there is a crazy German (?) guy, skinny with long hair, and I keep flashing to a young Faison.  It's so weird.

I said the same thing when I watched it. No one cared because they don't watch GH, LOL -- so high five to you for the validation!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Sonny, shut your stupid face. I would have been just fine with Britt smirking in his face the whole time while he tried to intimidate her. Her Daddy is bloody Faison, you really think you, little mobster man,, could scare her?

This. I also loved that she asked him if he told his daughter things that would make her an accessory to a crime. I also enjoyed her being cool, sitting on the sofa while the boys yelled and threatened her.  

I'll give Nelle credit today -- she can pull a good smirking bitch face when the situation calls for it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

As for Nelle, Kim said she was 6 weeks pregnant. Nelle has no power or money to influence Kim to lie for her. And Kim’s biggest secret is that Drew is Oscar’s dad. Plus Nelle looks way too happy to telll Carly the news and she already dropped a hint with Carly earlier when Sonny and Carly brought Avery to see Santa.

She did get that check, we don't know if she's spent it on anything. Nelle could have used that, although I don't think Kim would be suspeciptible to bribery, although she could have. Maybe Nelle just convince her to fudge the date for her for whatever reason. Maybe Kim thinks a pregnant Nelle will make Carly freak out about a pregnant Joss and drive them to break up. Who knows.

Nelle teasing Carly could have just been Nelle laying the groundwork. 

I think if they wanted us to think Nelle was pregnant with Michael's baby they'd show Kim telling Nelle one on one or even Nelle seeing the results on the test.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think if they wanted us to think Nelle was pregnant with Michael's baby they'd show Kim telling Nelle one on one or even Nelle seeing the results on the test.

I guess but it would be so pointless. The drama in this story is Nelle being pregnant from the favorite Corinthii child where his entire family hates her and he does not trust a word she says.

If she wasn't pregnant or pregnant by someone else, that story ends quickly. And who would have gotten her pregnant when most of the males on this show are related to Michael and wouldn't keep quiet about something big.

Now if Nelle was able to stumble upon a not dead Morgan with amnesia, that would be different.

• Love 3

These stories continue to not make a lick of sense. Don't get me started on the Tale of Two Jason's shit.

I watch mainly for Scout sightings and she never fails to make me smile. She always looks like she is over all of their bullshit.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Moppet!Jake really brought it in the park scenes with Billy Miller.  Strong scenes for both of them.

Yeah, they did. I felt sorry for Jake. And we got the off screen fishing story, and I was like they should have told us from the go that Andrew took Jake fishing, because Jason would never do that. He'd leave the kid in the middle of the lake to attend Sonny's business. I think my heart might have cracked a bit when Jake realized he was losing Scout as his sister. 

I think Nelle is definitely pregnant. Kim has no reason to lie to Michael about this, especially since the next thing she does is go straight to Andrew's and tell him that he has a son. 

But damn, Nelle is such a liar! So Michael clearly told Kim one thing and Nelle is all smirky inside the exam room telling Kim something else. Please, stop. Please stop with the smiles and that terrible eye liner.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yeah, they did. I felt sorry for Jake. And we got the off screen fishing story, and I was like they should have told us from the go that Andrew took Jake fishing, because Jason would never do that. He'd leave the kid in the middle of the lake to attend Sonny's business. I think my heart might have cracked a bit when Jake realized he was losing Scout as his sister. 

I think Nelle is definitely pregnant. Kim has no reason to lie to Michael about this, especially since the next thing she does is go straight to Andrew's and tell him that he has a son. 

But damn, Nelle is such a liar! So Michael clearly told Kim one thing and Nelle is all smirky inside the exam room telling Kim something else. Please, stop. Please stop with the smiles and that terrible eye liner.

Drew is, at least by soap standards, a fairly decent hands-on father.  Jason would never spend any time with his kids if it meant putting Sonny second.  But, I'm sure in weeks to come we'll hear what a "wonderful father" the Borg is.  Much like we always hear what a great Dad Sonny is.  Friggin' spare me.

Kim has no reason to lie either--unless it's revealed she and Nelle are long-lost sisters (damn, they resemble each other).

Of all Nelle's schemes, the way she wears eyeliner is the worst.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course not.  Fishing and Jason? Maybe for the redheaded nephew, but his own kids?

Sad thing is Franco has been more of a father to Jake than Jason ever was.  Jason decided long ago when they were both alive that he didn't want to be in the kid's life. Lucky was his dad and took care of him.

Basically, Jason sucks.   I just can't picture this man doing anything fatherly with any of these kids.  

Drew is, at least by soap standards, a fairly decent hands-on father.  Jason would never spend any time with his kids if it meant putting Sonny second.  But, I'm sure in weeks to come we'll hear what a "wonderful father" the Borg is.  Much like we always hear what a great Dad Sonny is.  Friggin' spare me.

Oh I'm sure.  Carly's gums will be playing that tune.  Sam even started yesterday with Drew,  "I'm sure Jason won't take that AWAY from you" in response to Drew not spending time with Jake.   Like Jason has even attempted to go visit that kid yet.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yup, he implied/suggested that should be an option.

Many people have these thoughts and conversations in real-life and many women DO abort when they are victims of rape. Jason thought his enemy raped his wife. He's not an evil person for quickly not accepting Sam's pregnancy as this wonderful thing. He wanted to but it was painful for him. He's allowed to struggle. 

• Love 5

I do like that Drew has already started to let go of Jason's kids & name.  It's only been 2 days since he found out he's Drew, but he's the one being proactive.  Jason has other pressing concerns like Sonny & him crying to Britt about how "DREW IS RAISING HIS CHILDREN!!!!!"

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Many people have these thoughts and conversations in real-life and many women DO abort when they are victims of rape. Jason thought his enemy raped his wife. He's not an evil person for quickly not accepting Sam's pregnancy as this wonderful thing. He wanted to but it was painful for him. He's allowed to struggle. 

My issue with Jason in the Sam's rape/pregnancy storyline was that it was more about Jason and his pain rather than Sam and the trauma she was going through.  This was so wrong on so many levels.  I realize it was a traumatic time for them both but the focus should have been on Sam.  I read a study once that said many women do not report being sexually assaulted because they are afraid of the anger and negative reactions of their male partners, fathers and brothers.  

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was never a Britt fan, but I loved her "nothing to see here" attitude with the Gotti wannabes.  She wasn't intimidated in the least and I am here for that.

That scene with Jake and Drew actually made me tear up a bit, they really did do a great job, I felt bad for both of them and I also felt annoyed with the entire twin thing. No, I said that wrong, I'm annoyed that SBu came back period. As already said, that stupid scene when Jason came to Drew's rescue at the police station after Sam called him made me roll my eyes so hard my eyeballs actually hurt. He's all "anything you ever need will be my priority because I'm your phoenix and-" (Jason's phone rings) "gotta go, Sonny needs me, see ya". Excuse my language but fuck you Jason Morgan, just admit your deep love for Sonny and leave it at that, it's 2017, nobody cares if your true love is a man, now you might want to consider a better choice in men because Sonny sucks, but really, it's ok. It's not like there's another gay couple who both work at GH and want to adopt a baby, think about it, it'll be groundbreaking territory! 

I may end up with my eyeballs falling out before TFGH is cancelled.

As far as Britt is concerned, I was spoiled and knew she was coming back, and I never really liked her all that much but it wasn't totally her fault, it was the stupid writing, also her Instagram and Twitter real life love with what's his name aka Morgan got on my nerves but I was able to stay away from that except for the occasional reference on the boards here. But back to Britt and the Douche Brothers busting in on her trying to be all intimidating, gotta admit it was a thing of beauty to see her pretty much unbothered by the whole thing. I mean really, if your father is Faison and your mother is Doc O, the Mumble Mob is about as scary as an annoying fly. I'll gladly put up with Britt as long as she stays unafraid of the worst mob boss who ever mobbed. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I realize it was a traumatic time for them both but the focus should have been on Sam.

I think the focus should have been on both of them? And good writers could have easily accomplished that.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You are correct that many people have these thoughts and conversations, but the reason I thought it was awful was because Jason made it about him and his own discomfort - not Sam, the trauma victim.  She did not bring up abortion with the mindset that she wasn't sure if she could raise a child fathered by Franco. That was all Jason. She was heartbroken and scared that he would not love the child as his own , and was distant with her instead of reassuring that he loved her and the baby unconditionally, so she moved out. 

As for the recent episodes - I like TB as Dr. Kim Nero much better than when TB played Carly. I like seeing a female doctor in the hospital, having a potential friend conversation with nurse Elizabeth.  They are both medical professionals, with life experience and sons they've raised as single mothers. In recent years, the only "girl friend conversations" she's had (except for a moment here and there during Robin's brief returns) are with Sabrina and Kiki, young inexperienced in life women who were not mothers.  My opinion will definitely change, though, if she starts singing Carly's praises or becomes friends with S&C.

Maxie and Lulu are ridiculous, and not in the fun way.  So if Maxie is supposed to be pregnant and super sensitive to smells (ahem, Thanksgiving), why isn't she grossed out and trying not to vomit at the smell of herself in that park scene? They're just walking along, no sense of urgency to get clean, even though Michael could smell them coming?  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She was heartbroken and scared that he would not love the child as his own , and was distant with her instead of reassuring that he loved her and the baby unconditionally, so she moved out. 

So he couldn't reassure her that he loved the baby unconditionally? That makes him a bad person? Because he couldn't deal with it? Because he struggled? Because he couldn't say what she needed to hear? Because he didn't push away his own pain aka lie to her so she could feel better? I just don't agree.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:
40 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

realize it was a traumatic time for them both but the focus should have been on Sam.

I think the focus should have been on both of them? And good writers could have easily accomplished that.

That is the problem with this show the writing sucks.  They should not do such an important storyline, one that effects so many victims and their families, if they can't/won't do it right. Sexual assault is a heart wrenching subject and should be treated as such.  It should NEVER be used as a plot point in a storyline.  One of the best sexual assault storylines on a soap was Eden's rape on Santa Barbara.  The rape itself was shown as being the extremely violent act that rape is.  The aftermath of Eden's rape was so well done.  Eden and Cruz dealt with the trauma both individually and together.  

You can find the storyline on youtube.  It is divided into 25 parts. It's really hard to watch but it was a beautifully done story. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPcH25vgRPs

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

So he couldn't reassure her that he loved the baby unconditionally? That makes him a bad person? Because he couldn't deal with it? Because he struggled? Because he couldn't say what she needed to hear? Because he didn't push away his own pain aka lie to her so she could feel better? I just don't agree.

What makes him a bad person is that the pain of Sam, the actual victim, was secondary to his own. He raged toward Franco, didn't even try to take care of Sam. She wanted Jason with her, to connect with her, he disconnected, ran away by going on long motorcycle rides, etc. There was no "love, honor, cherish" in his actions.   But he wouldn't put on his big boy pants and be the husband his traumatized wife needed him to be.  She couldn't rely on his as a husband, let alone have hope that he could love the baby. There wasn't even a weak line like, "I can promise to try to love it, and to love you unconditionally." It makes me think of when Luke hit Jake with his car. The story almost instantly switched from Elizabeth sobbing over her dead son to Jason's pain about losing Jake when he wasn't raising the kid, and of course the "your drinking killed my son" stuff between Lucky and Luke. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

But that wasn't the goal of the story. FV/RC wanted to pair up ME with KeMo, so Jason got to be the heavy in a story where he was also Franco's victim.  In terms of the number of characters that have been sacrificed to prop up Jasus, he had it coming - but it was also bad storytelling because Jason wouldn't do that. He might've struggled with it (which is actually normal, human behavior and would have been good story) but there should have been a tremendous amount of guilt/self-loathing as the foundation for that struggle because Franco attacked Sam to hurt Jason and he couldn't do anything to stop it or help her.

Franco made them both helpless and then violated Sam - because he wanted to hurt Jason*.  That should have been Jason's underlying motivation. But, instead of an actual story about the two of them, RC wrote Jason's two-dimensional, selfish rejection of Sam's baby with a side of McBain as Sam's hero. 

*That's why the Franco/Liz pairing is repulsive to me. Tumor or no tumor, he cold-bloodedly used rape as a weapon twice.  And then continued to publicly torment his victims with that violation as a game.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

That was so logical it legit shocked me.

8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

that terrible eye liner.

It's so, so bad.

7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't think anyone at the time objected to Jason struggling with the situation—Sam was as well—it was that he was such a tool about it. He practically demanded that Sam abort the baby, and when she decided she couldn't, she was suddenly the bad guy. The situation demanded far more nuance than the writers were willing or able to give it. As usual. Talk about punching above your weight. ETA: I'm not sure that's the right phrase—I mean they're biting off more than they can chew. 

6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

My issue with Jason in the Sam's rape/pregnancy storyline was that it was more about Jason and his pain rather than Sam and the trauma she was going through.

And there was also this.

• Love 6

So it may just be I'm super emotional around the holidays but I just went and watched the Jake/Drew/Elizabeth scenes and I cried ya'll. You guys werent wrong he really did a great job.  

But it is seriously weird to see her with only Jake. Are they trying to cut costs so no child actors or something? They can't be that expensive.  Did they give an excuse where they were? 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, MissL said:

But it is seriously weird to see her with only Jake. Are they trying to cut costs so no child actors or something? They can't be that expensive.  Did they give an excuse where they were? 

Carrot and Asparagus aren't Jason's kids…no need to see them!

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Carrot and Asparagus aren't Jason's kids…no need to see them!

Yes because they won't be confused or upset at all since of course they don't care about their brother and BMJason dropped them like a hot potato when he broke up with their mother so I'm sure THEY had no emotional attachment to him which would require a personal conversation with him. Insert HEAVY sarcasm. Just Soras Cam already so he can get in a relationship with Joss and Carly's head can explode. 

• Love 3

Carly has every right to her feelings (and she's right to call the engagement a mistake), but this doesn't affect her at all, so she needs to butt out. (Ha! It's Carly! She'll never butt out!)

LW needs to tone down Carly a couple of notches.  She is nearing the obnoxiousness level of The Chew's snapshots lead-in to GH.

• Love 9

I couldn't figure out why Carly cared. To the extent that she would care -- just because anyone, even a woman she's never liked that much, is too good for Franco, and Franco doesn't deserve any happiness -- she could have said all of this when it first became public knowledge that Friz was a thing. I think she even did so, but all of her shrieking runs together for me. I guess this new intensity is not only because a marriage kicks it up a notch, but because Jason has been resurrected, and Liz is one of his Baby Mamas? But she and everyone else thought that that was the case when Friz was getting started too. 

So on one hand it was perfectly in character (the woman who always has to put her two cents in, and puts 22 cents in), and on the other it was weird. 

Also? Franco's misdeeds don't make it any less creepy to me when supposed protagonists gloat about how Jason is going to deal with Franco, and it's obvious that they're talking about murder.  

Set your watch for Carly advising Jason to sue for sole custody of Jake.  (Again.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

That scene with Jake and Drew actually made me tear up a bit, they really did do a great job, I felt bad for both of them and I also felt annoyed with the entire twin thing. No, I said that wrong, I'm annoyed that SBu came back period. As already said, that stupid scene when Jason came to Drew's rescue at the police station after Sam called him made me roll my eyes so hard my eyeballs actually hurt. He's all "anything you ever need will be my priority because I'm your phoenix and-" (Jason's phone rings) "gotta go, Sonny needs me, see ya". Excuse my language but fuck you Jason Morgan, just admit your deep love for Sonny and leave it at that, it's 2017, nobody cares if your true love is a man, now you might want to consider a better choice in men because Sonny sucks, but really, it's ok. It's not like there's another gay couple who both work at GH and want to adopt a baby, think about it, it'll be groundbreaking territory!

But it's the real tragedy triangle of GH, the triangle over the ages -- Carly loves Jason but he'll never love her like that so she settles for Sonny but never ceases trying to push herself into Jason's life; Jason loves Sonny but Sonny sees him as a minion; and Sonny is endlessly in love with himself.  So tragic.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Also? Franco's misdeeds don't make it any less creepy to me when supposed protagonists gloat about how Jason is going to deal with Franco, and it's obvious that they're talking about murder.

This is point at which I turn off GH.  I can stick with it through Ass Man Landers and Nelle's pathetic manipulations, through racing through and then dropping characters that I'm interested in, and even through Friz and deluded Liz.  But I can't take it when Jason and Sonny do the foulest things and I'm supposed to cheer them on because they're such good people.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So tragic.

For Carly. For me? I'm eternally grateful Jason has stayed steadfast in his refusal to be anything but a platonic friend to Carly. (Note: I know you're being sarcastic about it being a tragedy.)

30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't take it when Jason and Sonny do the foulest things and I'm supposed to cheer them on because they're such good people.

This is where the show will always lose me, too. Especially because Sonny is such a gigantic hypocrite. He can steal children and get released from jail early for no good reason and act badly, but Jasus forbid anyone else do those things, as that makes them terrible, terrible people. UGH.

• Love 12

Oh! And did Sam actually tell Franco that he is maybe afraid SBJason is going to tell Jake what he did?  While I am for once supportive of Sam holding an actual fitting grudge against Franco (still can't get the picture of her constant shrieking at Alexis back in the day out of my head) I would hope Jason wouldn't actually share details with a CHILD.  

I haven't been watching but I would think Jake already knows there is quite a bit of hostility between his Dad and Franco and they've already had some kind of discussion about that.  No sense dragging Jake back into it. 

"Scout isn't my sister?" Break my heart show. 

• Love 4

First, I want to get all the usual crap that made my ????But also ?????

As someone who was in the NJROTC in high school as well as someone who loved JAG, and at least got how and when the characters wore their uniforms, I had a fit, watching the scenes of that Master of Arms showing up in cammies, But the more Egregious offense was the Commander who should have been wearing his Winter Blues! And not the Khaki-which is worn in the summer! White shirt, black jacket.

And Drew wasn’t some terrorist, who was an enemy combatant that Sam and Drew figured “The Navy” and “NSA” would take him to GITMO to “debrief” or disappear him 4EVAH! And when they debrief, you ignorant-clueless-we’ll-makeshitup-as-we-go-along writers HACKS, it’s someone who isn’t considered a suspect or traitor. 

And another thing-you either disappear, or go AWOL. NOT “I disappeared when I went AWOL” because that’s FUCKING REDUNDANT. The meaning of AWOL IS Disappearing.???????

And Just accessing Drew’s fingerprints clued them in to Drew being alive? Really? They didn’t know he was living as Jason Morgan or that he had a different face. How’d that wannabe G.I. Joe know that Drew lived there?

The only part they got right was that the military had jurisdiction over Drew, since he was being charged with Desertion/going AWOL. My only knowledge of the USMCJ is from JAG and I think Dereliction of Duty isn’t the same as desertion, so MORE points off for that. I wanted to punch Alexis for the “swabbing the deck” comment- and I hated that Cdr. DayPlayer didn’t have his own threats, like Sturgis or Harm would.

And OF COURSE all it would take is Jason telling them what happened to him for them to believe Drew didn’t go AWOL! Like the concept of twins was something new and never heard of before when Cdr DayPlayer saw Jason.

And FUCK OFF, Andre! Justifying what you did, by saying Drew had lived a full life-and then turning around telling Drew that Drew didn’t want to find his loved ones? You didn’t think about that when you brainraped him. And you couldn’t tell him yes or no as to whether he would recover his own memories and life? Just a cryptic “We’ll discuss this later” bullshit?

This being a soap, of COURSE Drew will regain his memories.

Franco and Liz continue to gross me out-worse than the slobbering Nik and Liz; and the latter REALLY grossed me out.

I needs to calm down and then will post what I did like.

And on a final note: that was one FUGLY MONSTROSITY of a Christmas tree Olivia got. I refuse to believe she grew up using and tackily decorating the same kind of tree. God, I hope they dump it and get the TRADITIONAL, yes I said it-the TRADITIONAL AND BEAUTIFUL AND GREEN Christmas Tree! The Quartermaines have always had beautiful ones. Or was this an example of CHEAPASS PRODUCTION VALUES???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, MissL said:

Oh! And did Sam actually tell Franco that he is maybe afraid SBJason is going to tell Jake what he did?  While I am for once supportive of Sam holding an actual fitting grudge against Franco (still can't get the picture of her constant shrieking at Alexis back in the day out of my head) I would hope Jason wouldn't actually share details with a CHILD.  

I don't think he'd have to share details with the child - the broad strokes are bad enough, and they should have been enough for Liz. As it is, the only person who has been allowed to say anything about it so far was Franco. 

They should have at least allowed a SORAS'd Callippus to tell Jake about Franco kidnapping Aristotle. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

hey should have at least allowed a SORAS'd Callippus to tell Jake about Franco kidnapping Aristotle. 

Chester would probably adore Franco, too. And be glad he kidnapped Arthur, for a shot at a crumb of attention from his horrible mother, who only seems to recall she spawned one child.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

They should have at least allowed a SORAS'd Callippus to tell Jake about Franco kidnapping Aristotle. 

The Cam character's fate is somewhat tied to the real-life availability of the Emma and Spencer actors. Because they are so wildly popular, and Cam was always part of that weird triangle, I think the show doesn't want to get an older actor.

I don't know why they can't let it go, really -- Joss was briefly in that set's orbit, and the show went ahead and aged her past them. 

• Love 3

What Auntie Velvet said, and also, on infrequent occasions when the three kids are all on, they're realistically arranged in age. They just about pass for three years apart and three years apart again. Probably the better option would be aging all of them at once, rather than Cameron just one day being played by a Bryan Craig type and selling drugs like Early Zander, while Jake is still in the present phase he's in for storyline purposes, and Aiden is...what, kindergarten aged? 

I'm perhaps more inclined than most to give a pass for Invisi-Kids (whether Cameron and Aiden, Danny, Rocco, Leo) because on every daytime soap I've ever watched, children are mostly in the background unless they're needed for something. The "something" could be happy family scenes; an illness where a donor is needed; quivering-chin action (e.g., "Your Dad and I are getting divorced, but the important thing you need to remember is that we both love you more than anything!"); a custody battle; a kidnapping. And I think every soap I've ever posted about has had humor related to the kids never being around. Or sometimes not humor, conclusions drawn about the character. "God! Kate went through all those fertility treatments to have a son and now she never spends time with him. Some mother she turned out to be! That proves I was right and it was really just about the attention and wanting to cement her hold on Victor."  

Occasionally you get one of those wonderful convergences of story need and a child actor who really has something and clicks with one or more of the adults, and the kid gets a lot of screen time and it's a plus for the show. We got a nice year or so out of Aaron Refvem (Morgan) when Dominic Zamprogna/Dante was new to the show. Earlier, Dylan Cash was all over the show and even made the opening, but I have less happy memories of that. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm perhaps more inclined than most to give a pass for Invisi-Kids (whether Cameron and Aiden, Danny, Rocco, Leo) because on every daytime soap I've ever watched, children are mostly in the background unless they're needed for something.

Yea, invisible kids is kind of a soap staple. It wouldn't be so noticeable on here with Carlos and Allen if it weren't for the fact that Jake gets so much screen time and story and mentions.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Chester would probably adore Franco, too. And be glad he kidnapped Arthur, for a shot at a crumb of attention from his horrible mother, who only seems to recall she spawned one child.

The triangle is fucking bullshit anyways.They had no problem SORASing Joss, who was sort of part of what was becoming a quad. Then again the current actress has half the personality of her predescessor and her love interest (could have easily been casted as a SORASed Cam) has even less, so maybe thank god for small favors.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, invisible kids is kind of a soap staple. It wouldn't be so noticeable on here with Carlos and Allen if it weren't for the fact that Jake gets so much screen time and story and mentions.

There's also the fact that Cam AND Aiden both used to be shown with Liz and Lucky all the time, despite the fact that Guza was obsessed with Jason

4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The triangle is fucking bullshit anyways.They had no problem SORASing Joss, who was sort of part of what was becoming a quad.

AFAIC, 10 year olds don't need triangles, but if they're absolutely determined to do one I think it's pretty easy to slot Jake into the Cam spot. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5