Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So we've seen two new openings thus far and I believe Maxie, Nathan, Dante, Lulu,  and Luke are the only contract characters that haven't been seen yet.

Not that I'm rooting for their inclusion, but I don't think we've seen Sabrina and Felix yet.  They're both still on contract, right?

(edited)

Line of the day - Sonny saying to Carly "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING"?  Because that's EXACTLY what I was saying every single time the Orange Glow Moobster opened his mouth and began stuttering out the lines he wasn't able to remember in ANY of his scenes today.  I noticed that as the show progressed, and he got worse and worse, he started fluttering his lashes more and standing with his legs spread apart.  ABBONDONZA is not what I'd say with THAT particular view....

And then we have Vegetable Lasagna doing a drunk and jump at Ned.  Gawd, that woman can't even shut her humongous trap when she's loaded.  And poor Ned......I know the pickins' are slim these days in PC, but he would really be better off seeing what Auntie Monica is up rather than spend his time with the actors version of Snausages.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1
(edited)

Damn, I had totally forgotten about Sahbweeenah and her sidekick.  I bet they put all four "ethnic" characters in a window pane together, like back in the 90's when Mary Mae, Keisha, and Justus shared the same shot.  

Edited by Tiger

Line of the day - Sonny saying to Carly "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING"?  Because that's EXACTLY what I was saying every single time the Orange Glow Moobster opened his mouth and began stuttering out the lines he wasn't able to remember in ANY of his scenes today.  I noticed that as the show progressed, and he got worse and worse, he started fluttering his lashes more and standing with his legs spread apart.  ABBONDONZA is not what I'd say with THAT particular view....

And then we have Vegetable Lasagna doing a drunk and jump at Ned.  Gawd, that woman can't even shut her humongous trap when she's loaded.  And poor Ned......I know the pickins' are slim these days in PC, but he would really be better off seeing what Auntie Monica is up rather than spend his time with the actors version of Snausages.

To bad Kate Howard, in the form of Megan Ward is no longer an option.

• Love 1

What does it say about me that Ned sleeping with Monica is one of my favorite things ever on this show? Also that time Ned was committing bigamy.

I don't even like Ned, but he could sure bring the fun scandal back in the day!

• Love 3

Damn, I had totally forgotten about Sahbweeenah and her sidekick.  I bet they put all four "ethnic" characters in a window pane together, like back in the 90's when Mary Mae, Keisha, and Justus shared the same shot.  

Yeah, I could totally see that.  Poor Jordan, having to share a windowpane with Shawn, Felix, and Sabrina.

I love Julian's "direct approach" to eliminating the scum who tried to kill his family.  Unlike Sonny, he did not whine and mumble about why the scum needed to die, only to have some minion do the deed.  Julian did not threaten or stand there with the gun shaking in his hand.

Anyone want to predict how soon Julian is portrayed as worse than Sonny for killing Diamond? How long before Sonny shooting AJ is excused because, hey, Julian shot someone without hesitation and guilt. (And I loved him doing it.)

Prove me wrong show!

• Love 7

Carly rationalizing to Sonny that his having cryptsex with Ava was because Ava manipulated him was beyond the pale.  Sonny got this look on his face that said "At last someone gets that it is never my fault. I am a good man and wonderful father no matter what atrocious acts I commit.  I always have a good reason."

These two are vile.  Why couldn't they have been talking in the lake house instead of Sonny's office.  If we had to lose that gorgeous set at least it could have taken them out in the process. 

• Love 10

I wouldn't be mad if Micheal went all MyKill for a few weeks and started Hulk Smashing people with baseball bats again or axe handles. Like I have a list, dude. In fact, I think Angry Quartermaine Micheal would be awesome with Jordan. I'm basically Jordan and Not Shawn and Micheal Minus Sign Lauren forever. He needs an older woman who is experienced and can kick ass. His biological father would high five him.

And hell to no about my girl Jordan sharing a pane with Sabweena and Felix. Just no. Jordan is sassy, smart, classy, and kick ass. Just no. And if I see Levi in a pane, I will riot.

• Love 2
(edited)

Previews...shouldn't Nathan be talking to sister Britt instead of (stupid, sociopathic) sister Nina about the Maxie/Levi situation?  At least Britt knows the players involved.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

He probably went to visit her and was mopey so she asked what was wrong. So sad because she seems to be forgetting all about Nathan since she is BSC.

I hope Alexis buys a clue and realizes Julian is still in the mob after this.

Olivia drunk was all kinds of unwatchable to me even with Ned in the scenes.  My mute button got a workout.

Olivia drunk was all kinds of unwatchable to me even with Ned in the scenes.  My mute button got a workout.

• Love 1

If Julian does stand trial for killing Mickey, Ron can totally rip off A Time to Kill with Julian on the stand , "He deserved to die, and I hope he burns in hell!"

Sorry, but I can't see weak ass Julian pulling that off.  Samuel L. Jackson should've won the Oscar for that line alone.

Besides Julian is in the opening credits now -- he's not going to jail at this point.

He's in the opening credits now?  Damn.  Guess that means we won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

Now that Alexis's house has burned down, will she believe that her hots for mob men can be dangerous?

Nope.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay: The show was more then watchable yesterday, I only FF the Nina parts and that mostly because the GF walking in on her BF and His wife has been done to death on soaps so no matter who is writing it or playing it it is hard to do well anymore. Really the last time a bit similar to this was done well was when Lois jumped out of the cake at Ned and Katherine's party. 

I am liking Ned and Olivia and if we never see them again they can get roles in the Soap in my Head: Where Olivia some how ends up Flea's campaign manager in her run for mayor and Ned/Eddie sings at her fund raisers, whilel Mac and Mister Mumbles watch from the side.

Edited by Fylaki

Farewell, Alexis' digs set. *Hardwick "In Memorium Montage*

Hello new Brownstone set, new Covenstead for the Davis Girls.

Please let all that Mickey's death impacts on Julian is that Julian now works undercover for the cops. (Or has been)

Dammit, who was smart enough to realize that Olivia and Ned were Brooklynites  that would click?

• Love 1

Well that is true, Lassie is easier to understand than Sonny.

This sent me into fits of giggles this morning. I was picturing Sonny jerking his head, stomping the ground, and pulling on someone's shirt with his teeth while Sean is saying, "What's that Sonny? Someone fell in a well?"

• Love 5
This was the best episode in long time.  I loved Drunk!Olivia, Boss!Julian, and Action!Jordan.  I knew Mickey's time on the show would be short given the actor's credits, but I was genuinely shocked that he was killed off so fast. 

That said, I hate that they destroyed that lakehouse set.

It's always a nice thing when the humour is intentional. 

Anyone want to predict how soon Julian is portrayed as worse than Sonny for killing Diamond?

He shouldn't; that move is right out of Sonny's playbook.  Mickey was a "bad" mobster, selling drugs to children and threatening Julian's as well as Sonny's family (his daughter's mother and his niece).  That's the sort of character Sonny has been killing for years and no one has blinked an eye because its the best thing for Port Charles.

• Love 4
Dammit, who was smart enough to realize that Olivia and Ned were Brooklynites  that would click?

Ned is no Brooklynite, but he does have a weakness for Bensonhurst women.

He shouldn't; that move is right out of Sonny's playbook. Mickey was a "bad" mobster, selling drugs to children and threatening Julian's as well as Sonny's family (his daughter's mother and his niece).  That's the sort of character Sonny has been killing for years and no one has blinked an eye because its the best thing for Port Charles.

Absolutely. Sonny gave Shawn the okay to kill Mickey, so Julian doing it just saves Shawn the embarrassment of missing. Even if it wasn't the best timing for Sonny, I doubt he'll be too bent out of shape that Mickey is gone. Mickey's days were always numbered.

• Love 1

Olivia's dumping Sonny is turning out to be one of the best things that's ever happened to her. Her evolving relationship with Ned helps, whether she's drunk or sober. Speaking of sobriety, Drunk! Olivia's a trip. The only good things  about Olivia's getting smashed over Sonny were Ned's being there and all the comedy gold that came with it, from her attempted drunk-dialing the abused-dogs charity to her plans to turn the place into a hotel for them-which, come to think of it, wouldn't be much of a stretch, since Sonny the SOB has been working there for years. The farther away from Sonny Olivia gets, the better she is. let Sonny be Carly and Ava's problem. Speaking of which, re Sonny/Carly and Franco/Ava, talk about unholy alliances! The longer Sonny and Carly keep hiding the truth from re AJ's death, the worse it will be for them if/when it comes out, which it had better. Carly's absolving Sonny of his part of the Cryptfucking was truly retch-worthy. Betraying Morgan is as beside the point to Carly as it is to Sonny. Then again, since it's Morgan and not Michael who's been hurt, I'm not surprised. As for Franco/Ava, Ava's going to betray Franco again way sooner than later, which he deserves, but I don't want Ava to get away with her part in AJ's death.

But the highlights of the episode were Jordan's taking care of business and Julian's acting like a boss and taking down the asshole who dared to threaten the people he loves. Like I said a few months ago, trying to take away what/whom one loves the most only makes some people more dangerous. As for Jordan, she can definitely take care of herself without any help from Shawn, who wouldn't have been much help anyway. If it had been Shawn instead of Julian, Jordan might have been the one who got shot.  However, while Jorlian do have nice chemistry, I will go down with the Julexis ship.

• Love 5

While I love bad ass Julian, oh who am I kidding I just love Julian. I do call shenanigans on the fact that Julian is only allowed to be BAMF Julian b/c Mickey was always a disposible character, but when it involves Fluke he has to cower.  Julian should have gone all BAMF on Fluke MONTHS ago!*side eyes Ron*

• Love 3

I don't know if it was intentional, but I liked that Jordan wasn't cowering when Mickey started threatening her. I think part of it is just the actress's face—she has Resting Skeptic Face—but it was nice to see a woman not immediately start crying or begging for her life. (Looking at you, Ava.) Jordan just let MIckey gas on and then got the upper hand.

• Love 4

Ned is no Brooklynite, but he does have a weakness for Bensonhurst women.

Brooklyn is a state of mind: Take it from a Queens boy who feels much more at home in the Bronx, even though he lives in Maryland

While I love bad ass Julian, oh who am I kidding I just love Julian. I do call shenanigans on the fact that Julian is only allowed to be BAMF Julian b/c Mickey was always a disposible character, but when it involves Fluke he has to cower.  Julian should have gone all BAMF on Fluke MONTHS ago!*side eyes Ron*

But then we wouldn't have this glorious Fluke storyline to November sweeps. ;)

Nina is both a terrible and extremely lucky schemer.  Bitch, you don't live alone, that could have been any number of people at the door, why not sit your ass down or ask who it is first?  Good thing for her it was just her dim bulb brother.

Speaking of, I still wish Nathan would have hashed over the Maxie/Levi situation with Britt instead of stupid Nina.  I miss their sibling scenes.

So the vets and the gays spend weeks off-screen at a stretch, but there's time in the storytelling for scenes of Alice and her wrestler friend...why?

• Love 3
Nina is both a terrible and extremely lucky schemer.  Bitch, you don't live alone, that could have been any number of people at the door, why not sit your ass down or ask who it is first?  Good thing for her it was just her dim bulb brother.

That was ridiculously stupid of her.  Considering everyone who could be at that door, including Sam, she just calls for them to come in while she's standing up just fine in the middle of the living room?  Everything about this story requires everyone involved to be stupid at some point or another. 

• Love 7

Everything about this story requires everyone involved to be stupid at some point or another. 

Which is an accurate reflection of who is writing it.

• Love 6

there's time in the storytelling for scenes of Alice and her wrestler friend...why?

Stunt casting.  I think the guy is supposed to be famous.  I didn't care about the actress from "Grey's Anatomy" showing up at GH, either.

Nathan is receiving advice and guidance about how to win the one you love from his crazy "sister" Nina.  I wonder if that'll end up being good or bad for him since I've always wondered if Nathan would ever start acting like the crazy women in his family.

Stunt casting.  I think the guy is supposed to be famous.  I didn't care about the actress from "Grey's Anatomy" showing up at GH, either.

I thought her appearance made a lot more sense--Chandra Wilson is a very vocal soap fan and most GH viewers have probably seen Grey's at some point or another.

I think the overlap with wrestling fans is probably quite a bit smaller. I've only heard of David Otunga in relation to Jennifer Hudson, and care slightly less about him than I do about Alice. Which is almost not at all.  Is anyone invested in Alice as a character?

(edited)

It took until yesterday for her to die in the Elimination Game thread. I didn't expect Alice to die immediately, but she hung around for longer than I thought.

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

That just speaks to the high number of truly terrible characters on the canvas.  I don't hate Alice, she's just kinda there, but I'm definitely not super invested in her plight.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I know she has been through a lot lately, but Molly needs to get off her high horse when it comes to her father and Julian.   They BOTH had a history of being involved in the mob.  Rick is innocent this time, however, both he and her grandfather were mobbed up.  Her beloved Uncle Sonny is still a mobster.  Jason, her beloved soon to be brought back from the dead brother-in-law, was a hit man for Uncle Sonny.  That is just her father's side of the "family.

Both of her boyfriend's parents are in the mob.  Well his mother is really undercover DEA.

I don't even want to get into the Cassidine side of the family.   Molly needs to take a seat in the corner.

• Love 15

The Johnny/Spin/Maxie/Lulu quad was one of my favorite things about this show and now they're all either in prison, out of town, or left in ruins. 

Even though I don't care about Alice, the scene at the end with her and Morgan was sweet. 

So only three contract actors missing from the credits: Sabrina, Felix, and Mac (who by some miracle, apparently still has a contract).   May I hope that Sabrina/TeCa has fallen from favoritism?

• Love 4

So only three contract actors missing from the credits: Sabrina, Felix, and Mac (who by some miracle, apparently still has a contract).   May I hope that Sabrina/TeCa has fallen from favoritism?

I'm there with you, lighting candles and singing songs.

As a wrestling fan, I'm kinda offended by Frank's cheapness. My God, couldn't he get Jericho or Ziggler or Big E or someone who has actually wrestled lately? Although, I admit, Otungua is cool. He tweeted me back during the Arias trial. Yeah, I felt cool.

• Love 1

I'm such a broken record...

Julian somehow is even more attractive to me when he's all dirty and bruised.  Hubba hubba.

Nina continues to grate on every nerve in my body.  Why can no one see what a loonytoon she is?  And how ridiculously fake she is?  Don't get it.  I'm hoping that she will start scheming with Nathan, and maybe he'll realize that she's a whackadoodle.  But I'm not holding my breath or anything.

I'll spare you all a Sonny rant today.  I think you know how I feel.  

I loved Drunk!Olivia, Boss!Julian, and Action!Jordan.

@Tiger - loved it all!  This show could use more Drunk!Olivia especially, I think.

• Love 4

Also, I liked (and by liked, I mean hated) that there was absolute no mention of Nathan even attempting to look into Nina's supposedly frozen finances today.

After everything that happened and the superficial way the show glossed over it to repair the status quo, Lulu and Maxie's friendships rings super false to me these days.

• Love 1

@Tiger - loved it all!  This show could use more Drunk!Olivia especially, I think.

If we could get Drunk!Olivia and MorganWithoutPity in the same room, drinking and snarking, I'd watch.

• Love 8

If we could get Drunk!Olivia and MorganWithoutPity in the same room, drinking and snarking, I'd watch.

I agree, it should be good. Olivia needs someone to mother and feed pasta to and poor Morgan definitely needs a mother.

• Love 1