Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think others may have mentioned it up thread, but I am laughing and rolling my eyes at how TONE DEAF both Sonny and the SheBeast are, with respect to their insistence that Jason "will remember!" and return to them. Right after she told Jason that the Q's did the same thing and turned away.  They are doing the same exact thing and don't even realize it.

Me: Laughing my ass off, at the schadenfreude and Karma, even though I know it won't last.

• Love 7

I think others may have mentioned it up thread, but I am laughing and rolling my eyes at how TONE DEAF both Sonny and the SheBeast are, with respect to their insistence that Jason "will remember!" and return to them. Right after she told Jason that the Q's did the same thing and turned away.  They are doing the same exact thing and don't even realize it.

Me: Laughing my ass off, at the schadenfreude and Karma, even though I know it won't last.

I wish they wouldn't go the predictable around but GH is if anything predictable.

• Love 1
Sam crying tears of hitman love

Slow clap to the new writers for Sam acknowledging that it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns during Sam/Jason's brief marriage.  Jason was going to ditch her because he feared that the child growing in her womb was not his.  His new wife was thought to have been raped and he just didn't want to have anything to do with either her or her baby.  And this is the guy for over a year that I am supposed to feel sympathy for?  [insert rage emoticon].  While I don't hate Sam, she's just a useless character on the show (not as offensive as Sonny/Jason - but an enabler with the worst of them).

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 10

Slow clap to the new writers for Sam acknowledging that it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns during Sam/Jason's brief marriage.  Jason was going to ditch her because he feared that the child growing in her womb was not his.  His new wife was thought to have been raped and he just didn't want to have anything to do with either her or her baby.  And this is the guy for over a year that I am supposed to feel sympathy for?  [insert rage emoticon].  While I don't hate Sam, she's just a useless character on the show (not as offensive as Sonny/Jason - but an enabler with the worst of them).

This, a thousand times this! Jason was a huge asshole to Sam in 2012 and they never dealt with any of that; they were slapped back together literally a few episodes before Faison shot him in the back and kicked him into the icy harbour.

But beyond that specific behavior and the fact that he kills people for money, Jason has always been a total asshole to everyone. Although he does Carly & Sonny's bidding, he would ncreasingly treated them like children that he was forced to deal with, not as friends or even employers. I remain mystified why anyone, especially women, would want to be anywhere near him. Heck, not even someone as Nina deserves to be saddled with Jasus.

• Love 10

She's probably enjoying the heck out of playing a desperate Liz with a little bit of the crazy mixed in there. Girl's been getting lots of screentime. Actors love getting to mix it up, and for soap actors who play the same characters for years and years, getting to do something a bit different is probably a lot of fun.

Maybe, but I think if I was Rebecca Herbst, I would be still miffed that what they are doing to character is not only having her lose fans but alienating her remaining fanbase, and that can be professionally dangerous if the show is having the budget cut left and right and she could be fired yet again. The show did it to Tyler Christopher: they made his character so unlikable that there wasn't enough fans to launch a campaign to save his job when he was fired in 2010. I am sure any white hat character does love to explore the dark side (for example Patrick's week long addiction should have been darker and longer than what it was), but there has to be a purpose beyond propping certain characters on the receiving end of their behavior. I am sure Brad Maule loved playing out the affair with Carly, because not only was it something Tony never done, it also seemed believable, but Guza took it way too far when Tony was kidnapping kids and terrorizing Carly, in order to prop that bitch and Jason, and then he was never featured much after that. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 9

RL interfered with me for a while, and I've only seen last Monday and Thursday's eps (and don't have time to watch Friday's), but after reading all ragey comments (I've missed you guys!), I don't feel up to it. It seems as if just about everything bad we though would (or wouldn't, as the case may be) happen with the reveal has happened, even with the new writers.

• Love 3

It seems as if just about everything bad we though would (or wouldn't, as the case may be) happen with the reveal has happened, even with the new writers.

Seriously. I'm having a hard time understanding why they even fired RC if they were just gonna continue his shitty ideas and do nothing to address what didn't work. It's like they think the fans are stupid as hell and would think firing RC was enough.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

IDK why they are still keeping a remnant of the Jason reveal secret...that is, that Liez and Nik and Laura and Hayden etc all knew for a long time but didn't tell. I guess they don't want Jason to get mad at them, but he's not likely to be mad, since he keeps shrugging off the fact that he used to be someone else with a different personality. It's like the Show wants to have its cake and eat It too: do the reveal but keep at least half of it still revealed. It's like letting the air out of a balloon but going only half-way.

Stupid, I think.

Yep. I've equated the reveal to a car tire leaking out air.

How do you not have the reveal be a sudden flash of memories while at the altar? And, to make it good, it would have included Jason Quartermaine memories. 

The only good thing, so far, that has come out of this storyline is the moment where Carly and Sonny got to know what it felt like to be the Quatermaines when they lost Jason.  For Jason to regain his memories (and who cares about the science of it now that we've ventured into a world where removal of a brain tumor gets you off for multiple homicides) and be utterly disgusted with Carly and Sonny would have been, dare I say and channel RC here?, epic.

This storyline? Not so much.

• Love 5

Seriously. I'm having a hard time understanding why they even fired RC if they were just gonna continue his shitty ideas and do nothing to address what didn't work. It's like they think the fans are stupid as hell and would think firing RC was enough.

I was saying something similar earlier today.  They brought in new writers, but they're just continuing dragging out Ron's crap.  What was the point?  

• Love 3

I don't think the character of Liz will suffer much after her knowledge of Jakeson's identity is revealed.  She got past sleeping with two brothers, resulting in Aiden's WTD, and while it was a big deal at the time, no one in Port Charles seems to hold it against her now.

• Love 4

I was saying something similar earlier today.  They brought in new writers, but they're just continuing dragging out Ron's crap.  What was the point?  

I think they did kill some things that Ron wasn't willing to give up.  Like the kiddie quad.

Also, ABC did recognize that there were a problem with Ron's style.  All the camp in the place of romance. All the outlandishness of tumors and masks. And people falling 10 stories and only suffering a few bumps and bruises. 

But they don't see that there's also a problem with the actual stories being told. So those continue on.

• Love 6

I think they did kill some things that Ron wasn't willing to give up.  Like the kiddie quad.

I think the kiddie quad was killed months before Ron was fired, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of orders from the network in response to the low ratings.

I don't think the character of Liz will suffer much after her knowledge of Jakeson's identity is revealed.  She got past sleeping with two brothers, resulting in Aiden's WTD, and while it was a big deal at the time, no one in Port Charles seems to hold it against her now.

But she lost the one thing that she wanted back, which was Lucky and pretty much chased the father of her children out of their lives. Lulu might have forgiven her, but they aren't as close as they used to be. Her relationship with Nikolas is completely different, even if it is non sexual. It wasn't a fireable offense. It isn't like Carly, who after being outed by Franco for covering AJ's murder, not only didn't even receive a slap on the wrist for tampering with evidence, got her relationship back on track with Michael and got to marry another serial killer, Sonny. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

Yeah, so I'm still watching select segments of the show A Certain Kind Of Way online, not giving them the numbers. If I know Robin or Laura or Anna or other favorites will be on (or Liz will get dragged) then I watch their bits, unless it's another round of Anna whining about Carlos or some shit. I've never, ever worked that way with watching my soaps - I've always watched the whole thing, good or bad - but that's what this show has driven me to.

All I can say is Genie and Jane Elliot are carrying so much of their end of the mess with Nik and Liz and if this show doesn't give them bigger and better stories when this all blows open they're even more insane than I thought. They both work well opposite Budig, though I still think Hayden should turn out to be Evil Brainwashed Emily or something.

But they don't see that there's also a problem with the actual stories being told. So those continue on.

Oh, I think some stories are dead and buried. I think if it was up to Ron we'd still be seeing more of Obrecht in a central position, and far more zany or outre capers for Franco, Nina or Lulu and Stavros' planned zombie baby. The current stories are all horribly boring but they're also largely centered on fairly garden-variety areas of GH, like the mob foursome. I also think he had more plans for Brad, Lucas and Brad's Asian Quarter past, not that the Brad/Lucas saga was ever particularly brilliant. (Though I do think an Asian Quarter reprise could've been good if done right.)

What they're doing with Franco and Nina now is still dreadful but it does involve an attempt to tie them to the canvas with something more than just sheer force of will - they're trying to hook them to something grounded like Crimson. If Ron was here I think it'd be another caper, or something with the umpteenth return of Donna Mills, or Nathan's paternity.

Also: Can they please stop the horrible scenes where Ava starts crying and then she and Hornsby make out? Why are they supposed to be some rootable couple? They have chemistry but they're both evil, I don't care about her pain and their love unless they turn into Carlo Hesser and Alex off OLTL and become crazy dark kinksters who kill people. When Ava starts crying I tune out on the character. MW may want to show her range but that's not what Ava's good at. Her emotions are ultimately just another weapon for her.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I'd be totally okay with the entire Carlos shooting having been a hallucination with Sloane having played along as a way to make Anna vulnerable to him because he was a scumbag. I'm not entirely fine hating Sonny for shooting an unarmed man while excusing Anna for doing the same thing. 

RC just takes everything too far. I need for there to be some line on this show between cops & mobsters.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Also: Can they please stop the horrible scenes where Ava starts crying and then she and Hornsby make out? Why are they supposed to be some rootable couple? They have chemistry but they're both evil, I don't care about her pain and their love unless they turn into Carlo Hesser and Alex off OLTL and become crazy dark kinksters who kill people. When Ava starts crying I tune out on the character. MW may want to show her range but that's not what Ava's good at. Her emotions are ultimately just another weapon for her.

I don't understand the purpose of this Ava/Paul thing. What is this? If they can't think of anything better to do with Ava they need to just go ahead and kill her off.

• Love 2

I legit can not figure it out either. It's super bizarre to me. Which on this show is really saying something.

And when she starts crying/whining I get really confused as to what I'm supposed to feel in those moments. Am I supposed to feel bad for her? Laugh? Hit the FF button with reckless abandon? It's weird. 

• Love 2

Right.  Because Liz is the only one to ever have done something as wrong as sleeping with two brothers at the same time. Not like a certain shebeast, who rolled into town and not only slept with her biological mother's husband and set up house with him, but also slept with two brothers, or a certain midgety moobster who had sex with both mother and daughter (even it wasn't revealed they were mother and daughter). And those two weren't treated as the pariahs they are; nope, they're the fucking heroes of this show and Liz is the worst.

• Love 6

This may be a dumb question, but is there any possibility of Jason remembering everything?  I mean his childhood, his parents, his brother, growing up the in the Q mansion and his time as Jason Morgan?  Jake Doe seems way more emotionally accessiblle than Jason Morgan.

Realistically speaking there shouldn't be any possibility of that happening because these memories, and his general personality back then, effectively, were wiped out after the accident/brain surgery. The memories no longer exist to be tapped into. If this Jason Morgan does remember, the only memories he can reclaim would be only those post car crash that basically "killed" Jason Q.

Now who knows with this group of moobs, they might rewrite history yet again,and at this point I wouldn't trust a single one of them to do any better than Guza and crew did, since they can't even do better than Ron did.

But really, and this is coming from someone who despises all things Jason Morgan, the best they could do would be to make him hate who he was as Jason Morgan and turn him fully sympathetic of his Q history and wanting to become the man he once had been. Meaning he can try to start behaving decently and with respect for human life.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Can they please stop the horrible scenes where Ava starts crying and then she and Hornsby make out? Why are they supposed to be some rootable couple?

I don't think they're supposed to be rootable at all. I think they're supposed to be the new, "evil" couple, now that Franco and Nina are totes back to normal and are seen as regular, everyday people now. (WTF ever). I also don't think any pairings are supposed to necessarily make sense. It didn't even really phase me when they kissed, because all I see on Twitter and around the general boards are who should be paired up next *insert name of every character*

So I finally got caught up late Saturday night but was too busy/too tired to post my thoughts yesterday. I'm not nearly as ragey as a lot of you, but then again I'm sure that will change for me today when Sonny and Morgan take center stage crucifying and planning to murder Ava.

I've definitely found a new appreciation for ER since the reveal. Lulu had no range prior to this story, it was just very mundane and pretty much the reason why I tended to not pay attention to her, she just wasn't interesting. So at least there was that.

I don't care about Patrick and how they write for him, because he's been boring to me too. And he's a shitty ass parent for letting Emma be in the park alone with just Spencer. I don't care if Chandler was "nearby". She got left completely alone, and if Robin's captors weren't after her, anyone in this fucked up town could have. So whine a little bit more, Patty. It's meaningless.

I've enjoyed KeMo's work, I know she's been crying a lot but as long as the Liz reveal happens relatively soon, I'm fine with it. We've waited this long, what's a few more weeks? The story was ruined from the get-go, IMO. I did enjoy the kiss though.

Loved Hayden shading Liz, and liked the surprise twist. 

Did anything else happen Thursday and Friday? If I didn't mention it, I wasn't interested enough.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

This may be a dumb question, but is there any possibility of Jason remembering everything?  I mean his childhood, his parents, his brother, growing up the in the Q mansion and his time as Jason Morgan?  Jake Doe seems way more emotionally accessiblle than Jason Morgan.

If the writers have any common sense this is where they will go. Truth is BM is just never going to be believable as a Stone Cold Killing Machine anyway

• Love 4

I have a feeling HeatLifer will rage today. Patrick was horrible to Sam today. "We 're ENGAGED, Sam! Does that even matter to you?" If you'd like she could tell Jason to come back and kiss him in front of you. That might resonate with you, considering you kissed Robin at your wedding to Sabrina.

• Love 4

Patrick is such a piece of trash, I can't even begin...

He wants to cry and simper and berate Sam over her kissing Jason, and stuttering again and again about what that means and if he remembered her would she want Jason and all they had together back, blah blah bullshit, and yet he basically swallowed Robin's face whole on his wedding day to Sabrina, leaving her in her wedding dress in front of stunned guests while he "reconnected" with his formally dead spouse without giving a good goddamn about the consequences or how much he was hurting the very person he pledged himself to anew, but he still just can't even fathom how Sam might feel pulled in a million directions and torn up over finding out that her own formally dead spouse is alive and well and is very much throwing a wrench in her future plans.

Now he wants to "protect himself"? And Emma, the usual afterthought after he thinks of himself first.

And what does Sam do while the moron is raging? She cries some more, I just can't... she should have asked him how much his so called "love" for Sabrina mattered when Robin returned? How he handled Sabrina's pain and anger and hurt over being passed over for his old flame/lover/wife/mother of child and how if anyone should understand and have compassion for Sam's position it would be the man who was in her exact same position barely a year and a half earlier. 

Why can't he wreck his car on that awfully tiny one/two lane road and join his blanket son wherever he is and we can all just be done with him.

Why they didn't allow Patrick in on the secret knowing Jake was Jason makes no sense to me whatsoever, because it would make far more sense for Patrick to be behaving so clueless and shameful and pathetically desperate if he was in Liz's position instead of playing the part of "blindsided bystander/fiance".

But speaking of Liz, at least Sam finally got a bit of her bite and bark back when Liz came over. Kelly is always at her best when she can actually play her character with confidence and fire. When she is giving as good as she gets I can actually enjoy the scene, well partly.

Another Lucas (who?) sighting! Though yet again he had to deal with that slaggard sister of his. Can he actually be given his own life for a little bit again to live it and have scenes about it and such?

The whole Ava and Paul making out yet again without explanation or chemistry or purpose coupled with Captain Brainless Morgan showing up to go about one of the most obvious, dumbest, and ridiculous set ups ever...nope. My brain just couldn't cope.

Sonny needs to be wheeled out into the street and run over by a trolley car.

Oh Robin...there's no excuse for anything going on with her. Dammit Robert we need you! 

How is Jason going to ride his bike to Paris? Someone get the man some floaties and a French to English guidebook stat!

• Love 7

How is Jason going to ride his bike to Paris? Someone get the man some floaties and a French to English guidebook stat!

This reminds me of one of my favorite unintentional comedy gold scenes of all time: during the masquerade ball at Wyndemere when the guests were all stranded on Spoon Island with a killer because a storm didn't allow the boats to come...and Jason jet-skied over, complete with bad special effects of rain and wind whipping in his face.

Good times, good times...

• Love 9

Another Lucas (who?) sighting! Though yet again he had to deal with that slaggard sister of his. Can he actually be given his own life for a little bit again to live it and have scenes about it and such?

Yes they're recurring, and yes, Ron mostly did a terrible job writing for them, but the reduction of the gay characters to talk-tos for their female besties or sisters is really a bummer.  At least when Brad and Lucas appeared once every four to six weeks under Ron, they got to have sex, talk about their own relationship, etc.

Liked Emma fighting back, really liked Tracy coming to her aid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The big "Liz Knew" reveal can't happen soon enough. BH gives good bitch face, but I'm ready for someone to knock that smug smirk off Liz's face. Sam held her ground today, with both Patrick and Liz. 

So happy to see Robin, but hope they don't keep her locked up this whole time and allow her some screen time with her family.

• Love 5

Yes, Laura. Your big concern should be whether Hayden will spill the beans…not that your son is an attempted murderer and your grandchildren's mother is an accessory after the fact (at the very least). IDK why Liz AND Laura think that throwing attitude at Hayden is the way to keep her mouth shut.

When Laura asked Nikolas about whether he ordered the hit on Hayden he denied it. He said Liz was just speculating and said he had nothing to do with it. So as far Laura is concerned, delusional though it may be, Nikolas had nothing to do with Hayden's shooting.

So Max knows what Carly's favorite flower is?  I bet Sonny doesn't.

I loved Lucas straight-up calling Sonny a bully to Carly.  Because, yes.

In other news, Morgan continues to be an idiot and Sonny a child.

I wonder if any of the Corinthos clan remembered the blanket Kiki made for Avery.  After all, she's your great love, Morgan!  Surely it's in that box, too!

If I were Ava, I'd check that box for bugs.

I usually find Emma on the cloying side when she tries to project strong emotions, but I thought her actress did a really good job with the crying scene in the park.  Those choking gasps sounded real.

Not such a good job?  The set designers.  That city limits scene couldn't have looked less like New York in November if they'd tried.

• Love 1

I'd rather Robin return to town by:

a) blowing a hole through whatever set a bunch of characters are gathered in

b) stroll in wielding a shotgun

c) say, "I got tired of waiting."

LMAO. I mean, I'll take that, too. But Jason owes her. In whatever form that comes in, I dunno. But he does.

Also, interesting choice for the writers to have Patrick tell Emma that he'll "never leave her." We all know what happens when Patrick makes forever promises....

• Love 1
Also, interesting choice for the writers to have Patrick tell Emma that he'll "never leave her." We all know what happens when Patrick makes forever promises....

To be fair, spouses are different from parents and their kids. (Unless one is a deadbeat parent.) Patrick is many things but, until recently, he has been a good (soap-wise), loving father to Emma.

• Love 5

To be fair, spouses are different from parents and their kids. (Unless one is a deadbeat parent.) Patrick is many things but, until recently, he has been a good (soap-wise), loving father to Emma.

I was more referring to the fact that Patrick is leaving the show. And we still don't know what will happen with Emma.

The big "Liz Knew" reveal can't happen soon enough. BH gives good bitch face, but I'm ready for someone to knock that smug smirk off Liz's face. Sam held her ground today, with both Patrick and Liz. 

I have the distinct feeling the audience will not get  the  big payoff of the Liz Knew Moment.

My guess is that it will play flat. NuJason will not care and he will stay with her. I think TPTB are trying so hard not to have traditional soap moments that they are killing the story.  The balloon analogy upthread is spot on.

My prediction is that Jason will shrug, stay with Liz, and Sam will be the third wheel. 

Sam and Carly may get mad and rage at her but Jason will stay by her side and we won't get the big, dramatic pay off the story deserves. 

• Love 5

It looks like Jason is going to see Helena but is he planning on riding his motorcycle to Cassadine Island?

Lol, hopefully to an airport?

When Robin said that JASON knows she would never willingly leave her family, that was just SAD. But her mother and family don't know that. Sigh.

• Love 10

It looks like Jason is going to see Helena but is he planning on riding his motorcycle to Cassadine Island?

He can always row there again via green screen as SBu's Jason did! But it just won't be the same without the Fabio-esque hair in the breeze.

• Love 3

In this case, it doesn't bother me after everything Robin has done for him. It should be him.

I understand that, I think it's just that some (like myself) would love to see the daughter of super agents Robert and Anna save herself. If the evil doers in hot pursuit happen to run into/piss off Anna, Dante, Jordan and others as Robin crash lands in front of her mother, that would be appreciated. I wanna see Anna be a mom and knock some people out because she sees people chasing or aiming at the daughter she claims to love so much.

• Love 8