Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get why the proposal made Liz suddenly spaz out about lying.  I get it caught her by surprise, but she's already living with him, letting him play dad to her kids, etc.  She's committed to the lie.  So what's the big deal about a ring and a legal document?  It doesn't make it more of a lie, you know?

Also?  Her comment that she's never going to let Jake(son) go has me worried that when the truth comes out, instead of bowing out in disgrace like she should, she'll go full throttle in trying to keep him.

• Love 2

I have to believe this was a Frank Valentini casting job, because the guy is so like so many dudes he's brought onto shows - handsome, great body, serviceable acting at best. (Longtimers will recall the Mikey Jerome "I Want to Be a Soap Star" debacle at OLTL, which FV was directly responsible for.) He always thinks he can train beautiful people to be good. That was a common practice and sometimes very true back in the day on soaps, but his show does not have that kind of rehearsal time. I can't believe Mark Teschner had anything to do with this.

FV has a type and this guy is it at a glance.

Saying that Mikey Jerome's acting was 'serviceable at best' is being extraordinarily kind. (Also, I didn' think he was all that hot but Frank very obviously has a type that rings his bells. So to speak.)

But you're right... there is no time anymore to give these people the room to develop. Now they get thrown in the deep end and not given anything other than a 'survive... or don't... it really doesn't matter.' 

I think there's an analogy for just using the bloated corpses of those who have already drown in this environment because there's no point in getting new bodies but I believe I just made it.

Saying that Mikey Jerome's acting was 'serviceable at best' is being extraordinarily kind.

I was referring to NuDillon, really. Mikey Jerome was barely a functioning human. And yeah, he wasn't good looking but he had a nice body. See also: Milo.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
She's committed to the lie.  So what's the big deal about a ring and a legal document?  It doesn't make it more of a lie, you know?

It makes it as real as it's going to make it. I think Liz has been running on emotion for a long time, and the proposal forces her to really think about how the lie will work if she and Jake get married. That legitimizes the relationship in a way nothing else does.

• Love 3

It makes it as real as it's going to make it. I think Liz has been running on emotion for a long time, and the proposal forces her to really think about how the lie will work if she and Jake get married. That legitimizes the relationship in a way nothing else does.

I get what you're saying, but it just rang a little false with me.  I think little Jake's return would have been more likely to send her running to the chapel, not necessarily this.

Seriously, those who tell Dead Baby Lies should not be throwing truth-telling stones.

She's his mother! it's different! :p Plus, he's telling the Dead Baby Lie too. He could end that if he wanted to. And he should be smarter than Olivia lol.

• Love 1

RPW actually said in an interview it was Mark Teschner who encouraged him to come back and try out for other roles when he tried out for a part the first time.

As far as acting ability goes, it's all a matter of taste and opinion. One person's good is another person's mediocre, etc. I think what matters most is, does this person appear like someone who can and will learn to be better? And, are the people they are acting with, for the most part, going to challenge them? I think the case is yes in those instances. I don't think Richard or Jane, or Tony if he were still around, would let him slack in a scene. Unfortunately, I do think Kristina is the person the script is about-unless it really is mostly fictional. Because the way Dillon talked about it yesterday-it sounds like someone he was involved with during his years gone. It would have to have been after Trey, I guess, but Kristina's been gone a few years so it could have happened. I don't think being paired with Lexi is going to help RPW though, because I think, speaking of acting, that she's just not all that. And her character is awful. But that's a rant for another time.

And, I also think Kristina is the girl in the script that he lost, because if Paul IS involved with the mob against Sonny...instant conflict. And I really hate that-that Dillon might be stuck with that waste of space, and that they are so unimaginative that they will take Paul and pit him against Sonny. Really, show? But it's not like they are calling me and asking me what I want, so I will take what I get of actors I like and skip the rest.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

I think she believed deep down that this was temporary and it was eventually going to blow up in her face. Marriage is a commitment to live this lie every day for the rest of her life

• Love 2
I think little Jake's return would have been more likely to send her running to the chapel, not necessarily this.

Ron is putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable, as usual.

Seriously, those who tell Dead Baby Lies should not be throwing truth-telling stones.

She's his mother! it's different! :p Plus, he's telling the Dead Baby Lie too. He could end that if he wanted to. And he should be smarter than Olivia lol.

The Dead Baby Lies don't cancel out Olivia smacking Dante up side the head for being a cheater. They are separate idiocies.

• Love 3

Ghost/ConscienceSilas! yelling at AvaDenise is the very best Silas. I liked him calling her a snake. The snarking in the background while she talked to Kiki - hilarious!

Could you go snark at your ex and her psycho boyfriend too, pretty please??

I think I'd like to call Morgan and TJ the Stupid Little Shit twins. They've definitely stolen the title from Michael. Ha that Carly got offended about Jordan bringing up Michael getting shot because of Sonny. Although she's probably also ticked off that Jordan is looking hotter than her, and her hair looks much prettier than Carly's right now too.

• Love 9

If Jordan had shot Sonny and Carly today, she easily could have called it justifiable homicide, given the absolute ass way they were treating her.  Sonny ordering her to his home to do his dirty work for him?  Carly shading her parenting?  Being taken to task for lying to her son while the King and Queen of Lying To Their Son look on?  GAH!  Sonny and Carly basically coopting TJ as their adopted minority son grosses me out so much.

Goddamn it, show.  You did something right by getting John Mc...Silas...off my screen, but now he's back as a ghost?

Shut up, Kiki.  SERIAL KILLERS don't need motive.

• Love 8

Horrible picture of Easton they used. That was just mean.

I did take away some pleasure in the fact that Michael is apparently not coming to the memorial and has not even texted Kiki a "sorry about that." hehe.

• Love 8

Goddamn it, show.  You did something right by getting John Mc...Silas...off my screen, but now he's back as a ghost?

People seemed to enjoy ghost AJ so now it has to be beaten into the ground every time someone is murdered.

• Love 3

The baked goods in the gift basket Sonny sent Julian looked like they came from Starbucks, and the coffee was just a Peet's bag with a new label slapped on it. Heh.

Jordan's dress was great. TJ sucks. What an ungrateful jerk.

More teary, hysterical Denava. Where is the woman who cold-bloodedly shot Connie? This is why I can't with her. I loved Ghost!Silas heckling Denise while she was trying to comfort Lauren. Hee.

• Love 8

I think she believed deep down that this was temporary and it was eventually going to blow up in her face. Marriage is a commitment to live this lie every day for the rest of her life

And now she's okay with that too! I wonder if she'll kidnap him and hold him hostage once the truth comes out--so she can convince him that she loves him best and he loves her!!! She can keep him in a cage like Jan did Shawn on DOOL.

Snarky!Silas should have been around the whole time, then maybe I'd care a smidgen that he's dead.

Oh Ava, you don't love anyone even one-tenth the amount you love yourself.

Ric as DA? I'm sure this will end super.

I said earlier that current Sloan was a poor man's Richard Burgi.  Burgi should have gotten the role, and he and FH would have steamed up the screen.  Anna would have been saying "Duke who?". 

• Love 2

I said earlier that current Sloan was a poor man's Richard Burgi.  Burgi should have gotten the role, and he and FH would have steamed up the screen.  Anna would have been saying "Duke who?". 

The conceit of Sloane just makes no sense, no matter the actor.  Sloane came to town to punish her for killing a criminal in her custody and hiding the evidence.  He then eagerly assisted her hide the evidence when she killed a criminal in her custody.  What?

• Love 9

I think this show broke me.

I actually laughed at The Nina playing checkers today. Even her 3-snap "sistah" thing made me chuckle.

That's what happens when Snarly is on, everything else looks better in comparison.

Where was this version of Silas all along?

• Love 4

I would be enjoying ghost Silas more if Ron didn't JUST DO THE SAME FUCKING THING WITH CARLOS.  We get it, you hack, people liked the Carlos thing so of course we need to see everyone as ghosts now.  This guy beats a dead horse, plays with the corpse a little and THEN kicks it into the harbor.

Edit, because I forget the second part.

He beats a dead horse, plays with the corpse, kicks it in the harbor, brings it back from the dead because Helena*commercial break*, and THEN sends it to camp.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

Oh, I forgot one other moment of the show which I liked

Carly: Franco wouldn't just kill without a reason . . .

Sonny: mmm-hmm

:waves my Corinthii apologist flag:

• Love 4

Oh, I forgot one other moment of the show which I liked

Carly: Franco wouldn't just kill without a reason . . .

Sonny: mmm-hmm

:waves my Corinthii apologist flag:

Carly: Franco wouldn't just kill without a reason.

Sonny: I know I only kill people when I have a reason. 

• Love 6

Carly: Franco wouldn't just kill without a reason.

Sonny: It might be the wrong reason, but at least it's a reason!

Sonny : I even add a pirouette when I killed the last guy!

• Love 7

Sonny : I even add a pirouette when I killed the last guy!

Sonny: Hell, to be honest, I only killed the guy to show off my new twirl and shoot move.

• Love 11

Neena's new friend, her checkers partner, is my favorite new character. She emotes the highs and lows this show makes me feel.

Seeing Neener's checkers partner was like an unexpected sighting of the whole GH audience in a mirror....MoRon left, and he threw away the keys to our asylum, but we can't tear ourselves away from the Game.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

This Dillon is so boring and so bland and so without any of the personality that SC's Dillon had, that I almost wish they had cast John Paul Lavoisier instead.

Almost.

:twirles and shoots @Francie:

ETA: this probably belongs in 'Unpopular Opinions', but I think Rob Watkins is doing a good job as NuDillon. It's not his fault that the characters have altered Dillon's characterization. I think he has chemistry with his frequent scene partners, and he doesnt have any annoying acting tics.

Aside from that one strange episode where he and Bry-dog had some major hoyay going on, I've like the character and actor.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Yes, ABC, we realize you no longer take this seriously. Must you rub it in our face?

My soul died a little bit watching that. And I don't even mean that in a snarky way. :(

:twirles and shoots @Francie:

May the good Lord grant you Shawn Butler's aim.

• Love 12

Ghost/ConscienceSilas! yelling at AvaDenise is the very best Silas. I liked him calling her a snake. The snarking in the background while she talked to Kiki - hilarious!

Could you go snark at your ex and her psycho boyfriend too, pretty please??

Dead Silas should go around snarking at everybody on this show.  It would liven things up considerably.

GH is a sitcom, though? I'm confused.

Ummm, people who did that article, sitcoms are generally funny on purpose.

• Love 5

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/bonus-video/150812-general-hospital-as-a-sitcom-laugh-track

...I don't even know what to say about this.  Insert sarcastic remark here.

I understand why somebody at ABC probably wanted to do this (and in a bizarre sort of way it works apart from the faux-Price Is Right theme--the price is wrong, bitch!), and Nina lends herself to it...but at the same time I really really don't.

That said, Heidi's zoned-out "uuuugh" face is downright meme-worthy.  Heidi is one of us.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 4