Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's a shame Greg Vaughan is still on DAYS. Bring him on as an ex-underwear model who buys part of Sam's ragingly successful PI business.

Please no. He's actually gotten worse and I really can't deal with the idea of RP and GV.

GH needs Lucky but not GV - I'd rather have Lucky be a deadbeat dad forever

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Since Lucky skypes with at least one of his kids that makes him a better parent than some of the other people in PC. Therefore, he should be allowed to take Jake, Aidan, and the other one with him when he leaves town. That way Liez can spend more of her time deciding which penis she wants to be with during any given week.

• Love 1
She was watching fireworks with Mac, Felicia, and Cameron. I think Patrick was the one who mentioned that.

Can't say I blame Emma for that - last 4th of July was when her dad decided to tell Emma he was divorcing Robin. Let the girl have a good memory of the damn holiday with her Uncle Mac not watching her dad play with Sam and Danny. Poor child is already on her way to having a Chandler Bing-like hatred of the holiday.

• Love 1

Please no. He's actually gotten worse and I really can't deal with the idea of RP and GV.

GH needs Lucky but not GV - I'd rather have Lucky be a deadbeat dad forever

I mentioned him mostly because he's the only man I've seen Kelly have chemistry with. 

I have no desire to see him as Lucky again - frankly I have no desire to see Lucky again with anyone in the role.

Since Lucky skypes with at least one of his kids that makes him a better parent than some of the other people in PC. Therefore, he should be allowed to take Jake, Aidan, and the other one with him when he leaves town. That way Liez can spend more of her time deciding which penis she wants to be with during any given week.

Given that they'd previously established not that long ago that Lucky had nothing to do with the kids, it's hard to even get invested in who is or is not a bad parent. I almost wonder if Jonathan Jackson complained to them about this. Then again, he's got a music career and a primetime show and a family of his own so maybe it was just Ron forgetting more of his own writing.

• Love 1

I mentioned him mostly because he's the only man I've seen Kelly have chemistry with.

Brings back memories of the hot but. Good times.

(that's a TWOPism, for those who don't know. A GH poster meant to type hot tub- but switched the letters and posted something about Sam and Lucky in the hot but, and the other posters ran with it.)

Because we're all twelve, but still more mature than Ron.

• Love 17

Can't say I blame Emma for that - last 4th of July was when her dad decided to tell Emma he was divorcing Robin. Let the girl have a good memory of the damn holiday with her Uncle Mac not watching her dad play with Sam and Danny. Poor child is already on her way to having a Chandler Bing-like hatred of the holiday.

On my GH, she was talking shit about her dad being a manwhore and telling Mac to find her mother because she hasn't spoken to her since last August.

• Love 3

On my GH, she was talking shit about her dad being a manwhore and telling Mac to find her mother because she hasn't spoken to her since last August.

On mine, the adults were helping Emma complete a restraining order application to keep Spencer from "pursuing" her any longer. And then they were teaching her age appropriate behavior.

And then they got a phone call from Anna, who said she was on her way to find Robin.

• Love 11
(edited)

You want a good laugh? My cable description of GH is: "The classic Gloria Monty soap charting the trials of Port Charles' medical center."

... and Gloria Monty continues spinning furiously in her grave over how this show has been turned into an ugly joke.

Lucky never needed to be a deadbeat dad and Robin doesn't need to be held captive forever ... really not sure why the writers can't just park these characters in a neighboring town and have Liz and Patrick mumble "joint custody ... it's his / her weekend with the kid(s)" every now and then.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 6
(edited)

I had to let out a little sqeeee the moment when Laura hugged Lucky.  I wish I got more screen time between these two without Luke.  

Dante, may you burn in hell.  If you need to cheat so badly, at least have the courtesy not to sleep with the other woman in the bed you share with your wife.  I do wonder where Rocco is during all this.  Did Dante forget to pick him up from daycare?

The rest, I again utilized my ff button.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1

I had to let out a little sqeeee the moment when Laura hugged Lucky.  I wish I got more screen time between these two without Luke.  

Dante, may you burn in hell.  If you need to cheat so badly, at least have the courtesy not to sleep with the other woman in the bed you share with your wife.  I do wonder where Rocco is during all this.  Did Dante forget to pick him up from daycare?

The rest, I again utilized my ff button.

He left him at Sonny's. Another bad idea bear.

• Love 1

I had to let out a little sqeeee the moment when Laura hugged Lucky.  I wish I got more screen time between these two without Luke.  .

This, a gazillion times this!!!

I'm choosing to ignore all the fuckery today, especially whatever the flying figgity fudge Frank Smith was saying about Lucky and Jake, and just focus on Jonathan and Genie being on screen together for the first time in over 16 years.

Can't any of these damn shows hire some new writers that have some creativity?? So many Preverts here could & do come up with some great storylines. Seriously.

Gee, thanks. Well, many of us may he perverts but at least we're hilarious.

• Love 5

He left him at Sonny's. Another bad idea bear.

I mean...I...he has just taken a tumble into areas I didn't think were possible. Quickest character destruction ever in the history of daytime.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Red Rock Rosie's spellcheck was acting up. :)

I mean...I...he has just taken a tumble into areas I didn't think were possible. Quickest character destruction ever in the history of daytime.

And unless they plan on destroying his character some more and not have him feel regretful, it's a boring choice too. We've already seen Dante work to get back Lulu, a lot. And I liked a lot of that stuff. But if one of them had to cheat it should have been Lulu, it would have been more interesting to see her pining for him and working to get him back. And there were legitimate issues for him to be mad over this lie, now he's just wiped out any highground he had.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

And unless they plan on destroying his character some more and not have him feel regretful, it's a boring choice too. We've already seen Dante work to get back Lulu, a lot. And I liked a lot of that stuff. But if one of them had to cheat it should have been Lulu, it would have been more interesting to see her pining for him and working to get him back. And there were legitimate issues for him to be mad over this lie, now he's just wiped out any highground he had.

I don't mind Dante making mistakes, I just don't think the character TPTB created would EVER cheat. That's why I hate this. It's not him. I would find it more believable from Lulu. And like you said, we've already seen Dante always fighting for Lulu; would have liked to see the reverse. Annnnd, I think the viewers deserve at least one character who is "good." Some may find it boring, but you need it to balance a show.

On another note, it's really interesting how Dante is being portrayed in comparison to Patrick. They both had very similar stories with Lulu and Robin in terms of the ladies keeping a secret for the safety of others and the men all ~confused~ Dante thinks Lulu is cheating, Patrick thinks Robin chose her work over him. Except Patrick is a hero for getting a divorce and creating his new, perfect family and being all well-adjusted and awesome and Dante sucks? Hmm.

• Love 6

I didn't realize that Dante has a tramp stamp. I saw the bad makeup job trying to cover it up. Anyhoo, now that Dante & Valerie had actual bed sex (no couch....shocking) does that mean there will be another Spencer baby in our future? It was nice Jonathan Jackson back. Although, he looks way too dirty for me. I never get why good looking people purposely make themselves look ugly. There were a lot of 1 on 1 scenes today. It's almost like they taped them on different says and edited it together. Maybe, they did. Remember the good ole days when you would have 5-10 people in one scene? Having no budget really sucks in daytime.

I have a feeling it may be more about drama with Liz and Jason once he wants to go back to Sam, though.

Liz is Jake's mother. What does she have to do with anything?

GH needs Lucky but not GV

GV was Larry, not Lucky. 

• Love 3

No.  He'd given his notice a year and a half ago, but they kept him after they offered him the horrible Fluke fiasco.  They had more than enough time to put together an outline and scripts.  This could have been such a wonderful exit story, but nope, it's just another train wreck.

Their's was a very, very messy divorce and to go totally OT, KD has had so much plastic surgery, she's unrecognizable. 

Oh really? Well, I'm off to find a picture of her and read about their mess.

Ha, this shows how young I am. To me she's Diane from NYPD Blue. My mom would have to hide my eyes if I was up late enough as a kid when she would watch the show, LOL. I have seen clips of her as Jenny, though. 

Topic? Not easy, as I only catch up here now. Um...almost everything I read about the show here now makes me go like this. Does that count?

krysten-ritter-eyeroll-seriouly.gif

Show's ya how old I am.  I looked at her IMDB page before I posted.  I didn't know she was on Army Wives because I'm not a tv watcher, so she'll always be Jenny to me.  Poor thing (I think) got killed in a jet ski accent.  (Larry Lau  (Greg) was good and cute, no idea what happened to him).

(edited)

I don't mind Dante making mistakes, I just don't think the character TPTB created would EVER cheat.

I am wary about making such a blanket statement about any character. It's a soap. Under the right circumstance, any soap character can and will cheat. For example, I can buy that that Luke Spencer might have met up with Holly Sutton back in the day and had an instantly-regretted one-nighter with her. Maybe he and Laura had a fight which was exacerbated by having to physically separate for safety reasons and he was drunk and had just faced some mortal peril and was high on adrenaline...whatever. Just barely, and I don't like it, but I can buy it. I DO NOT buy that he was visiting hookers all throughout his marriage and Laura was a-okay with that.

So. I can believe that Dante, wonderful loving husband though he is, might cheat. However, under THESE circumstances? No way, no how. It's absurd and insulting and completely unsupported.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 9

As I have said (ad nauseum) in the Spoilers section, I am all for Jake coming back. I have no dog in the couples wars since I despised Jason Morgan, but I always thought it was a horrific mistake, ruinous to the history of the show to kill such a crucial legacy kid. I've been wanting him resurrected since the day he died. The story is lame, but I will take the result - and it's no more ludicrous than many, many other far more ignominious resurrections on soaps.

• Love 13
GV was Larry, not Lucky.

I'm confused - I thought Greg Vaughn played Lucky through the drug addiction and affair with Maxie. Who's Larry? But I did take a few years off from the show and only really started watching again 2013 with Robin's return. The rest I caught up with by watching videos online.

(edited)

And as ridiculous and improbable as the Jake story is, it might actually be worth is as Liz has all new opportunities to agonize over the fact that Jason's son is alive, but she can't tell her son or her son's father the truth without blowing up her happy little home with Billy Miller. (I enjoy Liz's guilty faces almost as much as her bitch faces)

I think it will also be a way for Jason to be conflicted when the truth comes out and he must choose between the mother of his child and... the mother of his child.  Kind of RC's way of telling all the fans that assumed that JaSam would be endgame that such is far from a done deal.

Does this mean that the great Patrick Drake was wrong when he declared Jake brain dead? 'Cause that's really embarrassing. The whole alive/dead thing is like, first year medical school.

Well, you know how it goes, some nurse with big pillows walks by and the next thing you know you're mistaking a healthy brain for a dead one...

An international psychotic criminal is COS of the hospital. A sociopathic Serial Killer and a woman who literally ripped a premature baby out of a woman's body are the only couple being written with any care

#WhyRatingsAreDown.

Can't say I blame Emma for that - last 4th of July was when her dad decided to tell Emma he was divorcing Robin. Let the girl have a good memory of the damn holiday with her Uncle Mac not watching her dad play with Sam and Danny. 

She's already been told that Sam is her new mommy, so she clearly shouldn't have a problem.  Right... Right?

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Larry was Greg Vaughan's Lucky - a character so tragically stupid that he bore very little resemblance to the streetwise, savvy Lucky Spencer who came before. Much of this was the writing, of course - I think GV's Lucky came second only to AJ in having to be the scapegoat next to Jason Morgan's Holy Hero - but I don't think GV can really play anything other than "pretty-but-dim."

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7

Larry was Greg Vaughan's Lucky - a character so tragically stupid that he bore very little resemblance to the streetwise, savvy Lucky Spencer who came before. 

His version made me loathe that character for a while. 

• Love 3

I didn't realize that Dante has a tramp stamp. I saw the bad makeup job trying to cover it up.

It's actually not the show's fault for once, heh. I don't know if it's still in the process of removal or if that's the best they could do, but DZ decided after his mom died to get it removed, because she cried when she first saw it.

• Love 5

I think it will also be a way for Jason to be conflicted when the truth comes out and he must choose between the mother of his child and... the mother of his child.  Kind of RC's way of telling all the fans that assumed that JaSam would be endgame that such is far from a done deal.

I think if that was the plan RC wouldn't have Liz lying to Jason about his identity. I'm hoping it's a way for him to walk Liz back from this story by making this about Jake instead of Jakeson but I cannot understand how this helps Lucky's character if he drops off Jake and leaves again

• Love 2
(edited)

Poor sad Silas. I was one of the few that liked him with Sam and so mad he wasn't much more than an afterthought when she started with Patrick.

Lucky! First episode I watched in almost a week just to see him.

Dante and Val literally made me sick, even on FF. Way to ruin another character I like, Ron. Now there is absolutely nobody left (TJ is dead to me and Michael lost points for giving AJ back) for me to root for.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

I guess I'm UP but I preferred GV lucky.He had a much vibe with the kids who played cam and Jake.I also thought his drug addiction story was better.

The writing was terrible, but I also preferred him. It helped that most of my memories of JJ Lucky were of him doing a Tony Geary impression and verbally abusing his mother (although he and Liz were good together the first time around). 

I'm choosing to ignore all the fuckery today, especially whatever the flying figgity fudge Frank Smith was saying about Lucky and Jake, and just focus on Jonathan and Genie being on screen together for the first time in over 16 years.

Wow, is this true? That is amazing.  

Original Lucky and Liz was such a wonderful story. Remember him sleeping on her bedroom floor so she would feel safe?

They will forever be one of my favorite soap couples ever. I don't let anything that has happened ruin that for me.

• Love 10

Poor sad Silas. I was one of the few that liked him with Sam and so mad he wasn't much more than an afterthought when she started with Patrick.

Lucky! First episode I watched in almost a week just to see him.

Dante and Val literally made me sick, even on FF. Way to ruin another character I like, Ron. Now there is absolutely nobody left (TJ is dead to me and Michael lost points for giving AJ back) for me to root for.

I liked McBain with Sam and then, yeah, Silas (same guy to me).  I knew they had career history but I hadn't seen Port Charles the soap so I went back and watched some.  I was surprised I bought into vampire stuff on Port Charles, but I liked it.

Wow, is this true? That is amazing.  

Genie and JJ's last scene, 1999.

https://youtu.be/zPW2jf7hQ1M

• Love 1
(edited)

They will forever be one of my favorite soap couples ever. I don't let anything that has happened ruin that for me.

They are the reason I started to watch the show daily. I still remember the scene where Lucky found Liz after she was raped, and him singing "Elizabeth" to her for the first time. I cried both times. Now it's hard to find that same emotional heart tugging with the current shit.

The Denise and Franco scenes weren't half bad. I can buy their alliance.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

They are the reason I started to watch the show daily. I still remember the scene where Lucky found Liz after she was raped, and him singing "Elizabeth" to her for the first time. I cried both times. Now it's hard to find that same emotional heart tugging with the current shit.

I only cry from laughter these days. And not in a good way. It sucks, though. I used to love a lot of the relationships and friendships on this show and there's nothing deep like that on Ron's GH. It's all about shock value and big names.

• Love 3

And today was the first sign that this has all been a giant misdirection before Ron puts Sam back with Silas.  (I kid!  I think... I put nothing past Ron.) 

Lucky and Laura!!  That's all I've got. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Actually, I would have been happy if that's what she said. Unfortunately, she said Lucky was skyping with Aiden. My first thought was "really? how hard would it have been to say Aiden and Cameron or even "the boys". I feel bad for Cameron that Lucky has scheduled Skype sessions with Aiden but apparently Lucky doesn't say boo to him.

I noticed that too. But I would love for it to come out that Cameron has called Lucky out on his crummy parenting. And told him that he doesn't want to talk to Lucky. Lucky isn't Cameron's legal father. And Cam is old enough to have a say on how he spends his time. So I always thought that Cameron really should be angry at Lucky. Lucky pretty much dropped out of the boys' lives. He was there for Jake, but couldn't be bothered to get his sh!t together for Cameron. Aiden was a baby (Lucky couldn't even stay for his bio kid's birthday party) and doesn't have any real memory of Lucky. But Cam did. And the fact that Lucky could just up and leave had to be devastating to a kid.

And if Jake is alive, it could be a very interesting family reunion with all of the Webber boys. Reunification can be a fantastic drama to tackle. But, this would have RC as the writer. So it would be like a week long and then dropped. Except for how it pertains to Jakeson.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 2
(edited)

And today was the first sign that this has all been a giant misdirection before Ron puts Sam back with Silas. (I kid! I think... I put nothing past Ron.)

That was SO weird. SOOO weird to show that Silas still has the sads for Sam. Unless they wanted to show that everyone and the mailman is in love with Sam.

Mary has got nothing on Sam!

Edited by HeatLifer

I hope that I am not the only one who is waiting for Helena Cassidine to show up. It only makes sense if that Frank Smith has Jake then Hells has to be involved somehow. I do hope that poor Robin wasn't involved with unfreezing Jake.

(edited)

Genie and JJ's last scene, 1999.

https://youtu.be/zPW2jf7hQ1M

And they still have IT sixteen years later! Lucky's eyes when he first saw Laura . . . It's such a shame what was done to The Spencer's because Tony, Genie, and Jonathan still have something special in various combos all these years later. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

My sympathies to those are FFing and throwing barware at the TV for Yet Another Dead Character Back, but I'm been on the "Jake is on the Island, Dammit!" contingent since TWoP. It's been nebulous that Luke actually hit Jake, and I've thrown out the theory that Joss got the organs from some other dead kid. I can accept Luke's Flukiness in making him think he did, and it's very much a Cassadine Mindfuck (can we PLEASE have Valentin?!?!)

Jake alive brings the ELQ fight into play, and it could fuck Nik over royally (no pun). Jake, as a descendant of Edward, gets shares, and the percentages gets readjusted. Liz is now, by ake's proxy the key who gets to rule ELQ. At a certain point, Liz can say "Fuck you, Nik!" and throw her support to Michael, which should kick Nik out. We can still have Jakeson milling about.

Now, if we can get Lindze back as Georgie, looking over her 'grave'....

• Love 7
(edited)
Off topic maybe, but watch Lucky hold his baby sister for the first time.

GH struck platinum when they found JJ.

Watch that clip and tell me Luke hated being a father. Ugh. STFU, Tony Geary. (Also: Doc Bro-in-law! Simone!)

The writing was terrible, but I also preferred him.

I think GV had a warmer vibe than JJ does. But I also think GV was miscast as Lucky. Not as badly as JY's Shouty McYellerson, but miscast nonetheless. They'd never have written JJ's Lucky they way they did GV's. He should have been a new character.

Lucky isn't Cameron's legal father. And Cam is old enough to have a say on how he spends his time. So I always thought that Cameron really should be angry at Lucky. Lucky pretty much dropped out of the boys' lives.

But not because Cam isn't his. Cam can be angry at Lucky, but I don't want it to be because Lucky isn't his legal father. Lucky is Cam's father in every other way possible. 

And today was the first sign that this has all been a giant misdirection before Ron puts Sam back with Silas. (I kid! I think... I put nothing past Ron.)

I was afraid that meant we'd get a Nina/Silas redux. NO. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Off topic maybe, but watch Lucky hold his baby sister for the first time.

Totally verklempt.  Oh, how I miss Tony Jones and his quiet strength and wisdom.  Damn you Carly!!!  I also miss this Tony Geary, when he actually worked at his craft and just wasn't Mr. Bombastic 24/7.

• Love 7

When I first realized Jake was alive, I did some serious eye rolling. After further contemplation, however, I am fully onboard. It was a terrible story, and it was terribly executed. I'm happy to undo it. Other than Joss's organs, there were no permanent consequences; it certainly didn't affect Luke in any meaningful way. And I'm sure Joss is just stuffed with corn anyway.

I can believe that Dante might cheat, because I think a lot of people, and especially a lot of soap characters, are capable of it. I cannot believe that would cheat after TWO DAYS. Maybe three? Port Charles tome, hasn't it been only a week or so since Maxie went after Valerie at the police station? A man who has been shown consistently to be a committed family man who deeply loves and adores his wife, and has never even been tempted, doesn't give up on that marriage and jump in bed with someone else in under 48 hours. Yet again, a great opportunity for a slow burn has been totally wasted. Yet we had approximately three millennia of (pointless and nonsensical) Legion of Doom / NotDID! buildup. #StillMad

• Love 6

just focus on Jonathan and Genie being on screen together for the first time in over 16 years

This is why I loved it when Lucky was hugging Laura. Haven't seen that on screen in years. His smile when hugging her felt like JJ being happy to see GF again. 

GV Lucky was good with the kids but his acting was....not good. Typical soap hunk.

• Love 5

Jake alive brings the ELQ fight into play, and it could fuck Nik over royally (no pun). Jake, as a descendant of Edward, gets shares, and the percentages gets readjusted. Liz is now, by Jake's proxy the key who gets to rule ELQ.

Ooh! I like this. It does set up a good story for Liz. If the ELQ shares do get realigned and Liz is stuck between Nic who knows the big Jakeson secret wanting her to back him and Jake/Michael expecting her to 'do the right thing.'

Of course, I suspect Ron would never even thing of putting Liz in a corporate intrigue story-- not with her babymaker still functioning.

• Love 2

So many Preverts here could & do come up with some great storylines. Seriously.

I think Red Rock Rosie's spellcheck was acting up. :)

I'm guessing Red Rock Rosie was using the "Pre" from "Previously TV" and lovingly (I assume lovingly lol) referred to us Previously TV-Lovers as 'Preverts' which I kinda love :)

And I think it speaks volumes about the horribleness of this stupid fucking show that we are talking about this instead of TFGH. Even Lucky showing up hasn't done anything for me, everything else is just that bad.

I am so disgusted with Dante's behavior, it's beyond out of character for him to sleep with his wife's cousin. And stupid stupid Valerie makes me sick with her tears and hand-wringing when she's the one who started this mess by running to Dante after eavesdropping on a private conversation. Why didn't she talk to Lulu first if she was so concerned? Although I have to admit I was kind of amused when Dante smashed her leg into the wall on the way to his (marriage) bed. And are we supposed to believe she wasn't planning on sexing up Dante because her panties and bra didn't match?

Sorry, I'm not Lulu's biggest fan, especially in this storyline, but Valerie makes me ill with her sleazing after her cousin's husband.

• Love 8