Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well I stand corrected. Kiki did call Delia to come and check out Denise. It's a lame backstory, the twin given away that no one knows about, but if it's to cover the truth that Ava was given Avery's DNA and is back, than it makes sense. The problem is what now? How long does she pretend to be Denise? it's not like she can turn back into Ava at any time, since it's clear everyone still wants Ava to pay for killing Connie. So she bonds with Julian and Kiki and tries to get access to Avery, but then what.

This is the question moRon never has an answer for. I've seen posters lay out beautiful posts about the show's storyline direction/details that always leads to the above.

-But then what?

-So then what?

-And then what?

The above could be asked for every current storyline. The only answer we seem to get is....reasons.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 8

Typical shit head moobster, threatening people right and left while he's out of jail for killing someone himself. Needs to take a seat.

Of course Ava is Denise, and after her magical bone marrow transplant she is running around with Avery's DNA even though it doesn't change cheek DNA. Ron keeps trying to surprise us but fails each time. What would be surprising was if Denise is really who she says she is, and Ava is still recovering.

• Love 2

Watching Michael and Sabrina talk about Lil AJ, I can't help thinking why isn't Jakeson having scenes with Michael and having flashes of memories of him raising Michael to show the nod to history and how things have come full circle? I mean, RC is obviously trying to show that and I can't figure out why he's not expounding on it and has BM trapped in this shipper hell instead. He seems to be incapable of carrying things to their logical end. Sam should not be in a relationship with Patrick. She should be doing P.I. things after the end of her whatever with Silas. Focusing on work to get over Jason & then entering Jakeson's orbit through her work. Patrick and Liz should be transitioning from besties to lovers. And Jakeson should be interacting with them all.

Because RC is not interested in writing for the character of Jason Morgan, and more importantly, his Q ties.  The only reason RC wanted to resurrect Jason was so that RC could tap into the women Jason was involved with - who are all still on the show.  Let's face it, RC loves his triangles, right?  He loves putting couples into a triangle hell.  Ever since Jakeson showed up, RC has not attempted to write for ANY aspect of his Quartermaine life.  He has had exactly ONE scene with Michael more than half a year ago.  Same with Monica.  He is not having any notable ties to his Q family, no "feeling" or connection to Michael - who he should be the MOST connected to on the show at this point.  Instead, we get what?  He has all his scenes with Liz, then he has his "friendship" with Carly resurrected, and he has flashes of memory about Sam.  The three women in Jason's life.  Why?  Because it's triangle heaven for RC.  It's the only thing he cares about.  The good stuff, the rich story lines that he could be writing for Jason (and for BM) by linking him to his Quartermaine roots are completely ignored by the writers.  It's clearly not a priority and hasn't been for about nine months now. 

• Love 8

I hope Nik has Rosalie killed. I also hope he puts a hit on Nina and Franco gets caught in the crossfire. Fuck it. If he's going to sell his soul for ELQ he might as well take out some useless trash along the way.

Why the fuck does worthless Dr. O's worthless sister keep making appearances? I hope Ric kills her.

Ava can't afford a better wig?

• Love 2
(edited)

I wasn't paying attention today or when it originally happened so can someone explain to me how Nik got involved with Sloane and the mayor? Was this after Spencer stole the ballot box?

Edited by LeftPhalange

When, exactly, did Sonny run Ava out of town like he claimed today?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Delia.  When she and Ava tried to get the flashdrive from him and he caught her and had Shawn drive her back home with the instructions not to return.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wasn't paying attention today or when it originally happened so can someone explain to me how Nik got involved with Sloane and the mayor?

Ok, someone correct me if I get any of this wrong because it was 6 months ago and only happened on the flashback election episode so there are details I may have forgotten.

Duke wants Jordan to prove herself worthy so tells her to steal one of the election boxes.  She and Shawn toss it in the river.  Spencer sees them do it and has his chauffeur jump in and retreave it and brings it home where Nik finds it.  Nik tells the Mayor about it.  Somehow Sloan is brought into the equation (can't for the life of me remember this detail).  Nik breaks open the box, replaces the ballots with ones that indicate that Lomax won and burns the Felicia ones.  Nik then "innocently" calls the PCPD and tells them that he found the box in Spencer's room and Dante/Nathan retrieve it.  For Sloane's silence, Lomax fires Anna and gives him the job.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am seriously glad that some people, a lot apparently lurking, are enjoying GH; I truly am.

Because the only positive thing I have to say about today's episode is that Rosalie's hair looked nice.

My affiliate cut off the previews; did they show NuDillon?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Ok, someone correct me if I get any of this wrong because it was 6 months ago and only happened on the flashback election episode so there are details I may have forgotten.

Duke wants Jordan to prove herself worthy so tells her to steal one of the election boxes.  She and Shawn toss it in the river.  Spencer sees them do it and has his chauffeur jump in and retreave it and brings it home where Nik finds it.  Nik tells the Mayor about it.  Somehow Sloan is brought into the equation (can't for the life of me remember this detail).  Nik breaks open the box, replaces the ballots with ones that indicate that Lomax won and burns the Felicia ones.  Nik then "innocently" calls the PCPD and tells them that he found the box in Spencer's room and Dante/Nathan retrieve it.  For Sloane's silence, Lomax fires Anna and gives him the job.

Jordan didn't prove herself by stealing the ballot box, she did it by getting rid of the ballot box. Lucy stole the ballot box because she thought the votes inside would help Lomax win. Duke told her he'd figure something out and took the ballot box before instructing Shawn and Jordan to get rid of it.

(edited)

That sounds about right.  

But there was some retconning today, right, with Sloane's claims that Nikolas was supporting Felicia (who?) because he thought her could buy he off, but switched to backing Lomax when he realized he couldn't.  And that doesn't make sense because the initial election took place waaay before Helena showed up and sold Nik on going after ELQ.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
So I guess per Twitter Jason Thompson says he and Kimberly McCullough are having an event this Friday. Is it 2006 again?

No, he just knows he is stuck in a terrible storyline and wants to go to his happy place.

Maybe he is hoping to convince her to come back so he can actually act and have a real storyline again.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Delia.  When she and Ava tried to get the flashdrive from him and he caught her and had Shawn drive her back home with the instructions not to return.

I meant Delia, but wrote Ava's name.  Silly brain.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Delia.  When she and Ava tried to get the flashdrive from him and he caught her and had Shawn drive her back home with the instructions not to return.

I liked Delia telling Sonny to basically shove it. 

LOL at Nik yelling at Rosalie for calling him from the Q mansion. 

Franco doesn't know how to spell: He said "b oh double-t y" instead of "b double-o t y." Hee.

TG looks pretty good. It must be the knowledge that he's blowing that pop stand in a few weeks.

Magda is back why? She's so unneeded.

Anna is having drunk sex with Sloane. It's the only explanation I can stomach.

• Love 4

I am seriously glad that some people, a lot apparently lurking, are enjoying GH; I truly am.

Because the only positive thing I have to say about today's episode is that Rosalie's hair looked nice.

My affiliate cut off the previews; did they show NuDillon?

I loved her outfit.  Wish I could pull off that business look.

My cable cut out half way through, and I have no inclination to catch up.  At all.

...after they laughed about how HILARIOUS it was when he dropped his towel and grossly, smugly flashed her. #haaate

That's RC being a total dickhead. Wow. 

• Love 1

That sounds about right.  

But there was some retconning today, right, with Sloane's claims that Nikolas was supporting Felicia (who?) because he thought her could buy he off, but switched to backing Lomax when he realized he couldn't.  And that doesn't make sense because the initial election took place waaay before Helena showed up and sold Nik on going after ELQ.

OK, so why did Sloane rat Nik out today? Couldn't Nik retaliate by exposing the rigged election?

...after they laughed about how HILARIOUS it was when he dropped his towel and grossly, smugly flashed her. #haaate

Which proves how drunk she was that she found it funny at all.

OK, so why did Sloane rat Nik out today? Couldn't Nik retaliate by exposing the rigged election?

Sloane doesn't have a job anymore, so he probably thinks he doesn't have much to lose.

• Love 2

Sloane ratted Nik out to Anna who isn't in the best position to expose his crime having just had him cover up her own.

While I'm all for Anna getting some action, couldn't be anyone else?  (anyone but Luke, glad I wasn't watching when that occurred.)

So Luke is gone 2 days from the hospital before anyone knows.  The DA didn't need to be notified?  Family or friends don't check in every day?  He's just released and gets to walk out.  #fishy

And that tattoo didn't take a day.  #badomen

Rosalie should take Nik's money and run.  Have Ric help forge some dummy stocks.  Heck, if Ric finds out about the stocks, will he go for that now that Magda shut his game down.

Did like Nik chewing Rosalie out for the phone call at the Q mansion.  Didn't like that Tracy interrupted the call.  She should have been silent and eavesdropped until Rosalie saw her.  Hopefully, she still follows through with IT.  And why isn't Rosalie using her own phone for the illicit calls?  Nik needs to give her a burner.

Franco is worse than Spinelli at blabbing.  Nathan should arrest him for public disturbance. 

• Love 3

2 moustache jokes about Alexis. Do we have our new Sean Kanan?  What did NLG do to piss off Ron and/or Frank?  Be the source of the leak to Michael Logan about Ian's firing?

• Love 1

I thought Anna was going to slap Slaone when he kissed her. I guess I was wrong. That said, I did see a little hot chemistry between Finola & Grayson. Unfortunately, she'll be gone for over 3 months so who knows where the story will go or whose bed Sloane will end up in. Perhaps Jordan?

(edited)

It was Anna's first love scene in 3 years, so I watched. God, were the scenes with Nina and Franco and at the police station were interminably long and boring.  Fava's accent totally went in and out. More out than in.  And going from Nina and Franco over to Ric and Donna Mills back to Nina and Franco? Man, do the writers and I have different ideas of what's interesting. I. don't. care! I won't ever care! In fact, I wish I could take whatever money they are fighting about (I'm assuming they're fighting about money, yes?) and through it into the bottom of the ocean and hope that one of more of them dives after it, never to be seen again.  

I should take this to the unpopular opinion threat, and I'm chalking this up to being an uber Anna fan.  But I thought Sloane and Anna were kinda hot.  Kinda shocked me, given that I really can't stand Sloane when he's yelling. But indoor voice Sloane? Shoot me, but I don't hate him.  I'm going to have to fanwank that Anna's subconscious self is punishing herself for killing Carlos.  Yep, I'm going with that. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hmmmm,,,,,,well, I have to say that Geary looked better today than he's looked in ages.  Good haircut, he looked rested, he looked good.  AND, he was relatively understated.

Jane Elliott, also looked good.  She had a softer look, and as usual, makes me believe her motivations.  All that was okay.

Then over at the anteroom to hell, we had Delia who is inhabited by the spirit of Roxie Balson cuz she in NO WAY acts like Delia, confirmed that she had yet another daughter, this one apparently born wearing a synthetic black wig more commonly seen in  cheap drag shows.  This daughter was donated to a raffle at the Columbus Day fair and got taken home by the DeMuccios.  Hard to tell the difference there between winning and losing.....

So when is Delia going to come clean and admit that she didn't have twins, she birthed a litter.  

Sure, we had Ava, now we've got Denise....

She dumped a kid off in Oakdale - Carly%20Snyder.jpg

Another bounced out of the baby carriage and ended up in Genoa City - MW_Diane.jpg

Not to mention the three that were adopted together - delias%20three.jpg such lovelies..

I hope Sonny has group sex with these three....

And the daughter who did good - delias%20prize.jpg - this one will break his back.

Sometimes I feel like GH is some sort of video game, and we just keep moving to different levels.  Things happen, then they don't, characters appear, disappear, change motivations, act wierd, act even wierder, crap like that all around, but with no payoff.

It's as if GH has become Super Mario, written by slugs crawling over a keyboard......

Not that there's anything WRONG with that!

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Because RC is not interested in writing for the character of Jason Morgan, and more importantly, his Q ties.  The only reason RC wanted to resurrect Jason was so that RC could tap into the women Jason was involved with - who are all still on the show.  Let's face it, RC loves his triangles, right?  He loves putting couples into a triangle hell.  Ever since Jakeson showed up, RC has not attempted to write for ANY aspect of his Quartermaine life.  He has had exactly ONE scene with Michael more than half a year ago.  Same with Monica.  He is not having any notable ties to his Q family, no "feeling" or connection to Michael - who he should be the MOST connected to on the show at this point.  Instead, we get what?  

I agree with most of this, but he did feel some sort of connection to Michael. When he met him, Jakeson asked if they met or knew each other. And when he say GH tribute hall of pictures, he felt a connection to most of the people, who were Qs. 

• Love 3

I don't really have anything of substance to say about this ep, but I mostly liked it honestly.

I couldn't watch any of the Nina/Franco stuff though. How is that still a thing?

She was so embarrassing with slapping her ass, and really Ron? This is what you call good television?

• Love 7
(edited)

She was so embarrassing with slapping her ass, and really Ron? This is what you call good television?

Yup, I think he does.  But then again, I also suspect he gazes at his own picture and is constantly humming "I met me on a Monday and my heart stood still, I'd do Ron Ron, yeah I'd do Ron Ron".

The man just knows Talent and Beauty, dammit!

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I didn't even see this (and, dear God, I'm ever so thankful!), and just...no. I reject this. (Actually, that Quilted Northern commercial with Little Miss Puffytail and her bathroom traumas that begins with, "Smash me. Dear God, smash me into a million pieces!" describes my thoughts with anything involving these idiots and, you know, watching them.)

• Love 5

I didn't even see this (and, dear God, I'm ever so thankful!), and just...no. I reject this. (Actually, that Quilted Northern commercial with Little Miss Puffytail and her bathroom traumas that begins with, "Smash me. Dear God, smash me into a million pieces!" describes my thoughts with anything involving these idiots and, you know, watching them.)

I consider Little Miss PuffyTail to be new tv guru.  

Bow Down to THE PUFF!

Of  course, pool lil' PullyTail doesn't realize what hell is until she has Sonny darken the door (and wet the floor around the toilet) in her bathroom.

Run Puffy, RUN!!

• Love 3

I consider Little Miss PuffyTail to be new tv guru.  

Bow Down to THE PUFF!

Of  course, pool lil' PullyTail doesn't realize what hell is until she has Sonny darken the door (and wet the floor around the toilet) in her bathroom.

Run Puffy, RUN!!

YES!

Especially when you consider more of the dialogue. "But Little Miss Puffytail can never forget!" It truly describes watching GH now, and not in a good way!

(As an aside, boes, and anyone else who may get a kick out of those ads, Quilted Northern actually has an official YouTube channel, and there are a series of such ads with other objects! I LMAO a lot there.)

• Love 2
(edited)

Michelle Stafford's Nina has all the sex appeal of a particularly ostentatious iron gate.

Is it me or is Sloane specifically leaving out the whole angle with him and Helena?

For all his hamminess, I enjoyed Grayson McCouch in his earlier years at ATWT and I think he can still be very good in doses, in the right role, when he's toned down. It's not that he and Finola don't have some real chemistry, because they do - it's that the character is both pointless and extraneous, thrown together overnight to be a plot contrivance as well as this smug, paternalistic creep for Anna to eventually bang at her lowest point, after it's hammered into us that she's no better than he (or Obrecht, or Nikolas) is, and that's bullshit. I like McCouch at times, I'll concede that they have chemistry, but there's no way Anna should wake up tomorrow and not think this was anything but a horrible mistake. Sloane is gross. Plus, I mean, we all gave ol' Duke shit, but he's been dead ten minutes!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13
I think when he was holding her hostage while pregnant and she escaped?

Thanks for reminding me that Sonny was threatening to kill and kidnap a pregnant woman for months.  I forgot what the baddest crime boss on the East Coast was doing standing around these last couple of days with a crowd of people (to include his biggest enemy) in the middle of police station accusing the mother of his child  - of fraud.

Props to the writers for attempting to integrate Franco and Nina into the rest of the show and not involving physical violence.  Next time - perhaps introduce new characters that have medical backgrounds and stick them in at the hospital.  It is generally better received by the audience.  I thought that Valerie was wearing medical care-type clothes when she was first introduced as a care taker.  Eh forget it.  What is the problem with RC/FV using GH for medical scenes? When is the last time that there was a medical story featured on this show at GH not including a loved one of Sam - Danny or Jason?  Silas was working at a hospital in NYC during Ava's cancer stint and Spencer was taken care of at a hospital in Boston.  Luke and Heather were being treated at another facility.

• Love 1

So I guess per Twitter Jason Thompson says he and Kimberly McCullough are having an event this Friday. Is it 2006 again?

No, he just knows he is stuck in a terrible storyline and wants to go to his happy place.

Maybe he is hoping to convince her to come back so he can actually act and have a real storyline again.

I wouldn't read too much into this last-minute JT/KMC event.  It was announced only yesterday for the first time - after Dom Z had to cancel his PAs this weekend in NY and NJ with JT and ER.  JT was already in NY, as was KMC, so it appears they and the event promoters threw this event together when Dom cancelled. 

• Love 1

At least they didn't bang on top of Duke's urn…or in his litter box.

You technically can see the urn -- next to Duke's picture -- on the table behind and to the right of the couch.

I don't know that I feel so bad that Duke's just died.  I don't mean I can't understand that she'd be grieiving tremendously.  She would and I think they'll continue to show, or at least suggest, that she will.  But Duke did break up with Anna, choosing Sonny and the mob life, over her last year.  He had been dating, and sleeping with, Lucy.  Duke and Anna reconciled for only one night before he was killed.  It's certainly tragic, but it's not like he was her partner over the past six months or so. This will be the third time she's buried or spread his ashes now.

But grief or hate sex on this show is a crutch used because they either choose not to or don't know how to develop a romance based on some combination of attraction, genuine like, and/or respect.  If they had introduced Sloane differently, I could see her turning to him and him to her.  This turnaround was another radical 180 degree one.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why? You didn't start it.  :-)  I blame Labine (since she created Sonny) and Guza! 

You're just repeating the party line. It just...still makes me queasy.  :-)

I'm late on reading this, so maybe it was already answered, but Bill Levinson, the head writer right before Labine, was actually the one who created Sonny (and he intended on making him a short-term character, too) . Labine certainly expanded his role, though.

Edited by UYI

At least, Anna & Sloane's grief/hate couch sex ends up in bed. Most of the soaps are so cheep they don't even have bedroom sets. They defiantly aren't in love let alone lust. I am curious to see when and how the love part comes into play. It appears they are trying to change Sloane in the writing. At first, when the previous actor played Sloane he was written to hate Anna and wanted to bring her down. Now, with Grayson McCouch playing Sloane the writers are trying to reinvent the role and make him Anna's love interest. Time will tell if they're successful or not.

• Love 2