Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Would love for all the peeps a few pages back talking about how Colleen might be exaggerating, could be part of the problem, etc. to read this.

PS: victim shaming and/or blaming is never a good look.

Right here. IMO, It’s not “victim shaming” to question some of the things that she said, especially when she been inconsistent and flat out flip flopped on things she said.

I read this latest report, she’s still being inconsistent. In this affidavit she claimed Johnny tried to kidnap her and forced her into the car, before in another report she said that he insisted on driving her home because she had been drinking.  Johnny drove her car. (That explains him possibly leaving her house on foot.)

Which one is it, did he kidnap her, or did he want to drive her home because she had been drinking?

About the ruptured eardrum, it’s very possible he did hit her. Or maybe she hit her head, when they were arguing in the car. She said she hit her head while arguing with him. Her and her attorney think that her ruptured eardrum will be okay? What about her doctor? Has she been to the doctor?

Stuff is not adding up and that I believe is why Dallas/Fort Worth originally decided to close their investigations.

Edited by lam48
Exactly.  When my children complain about blown calls in any sport, I ask if the players played a perfect game.  If not, then everyone needs to stop whining.  Refs are allowed to make mistakes, too.  Great teams overcome them.

Not allowed, but mistakes do happen. Develop a strict assessment program and they'll go down too. For some reason we live with that in other sports, but for football it's totally different. I very much think the problem is all the stopping to review. The refs are people. One guy is going to allow a little more contact than another. Some umps have a little bit of a wider strike zone. You get to know this as you play. If the ref gets in the right position and views the play clearly, then it ends there. 

I was 2 feet from the receiver. He bobbled the ball, tucked it to his body and when he was tackled, the ball hit the ground first, then he secured it. Incomplete pass. Here's the ball, line up for the next play. "Well, we slowed it down to 1 frame per second, and..." Nope, move on. 

We're talking about how a call changes momentum. Well, it's hard to generate momentum in the first place if you're stopping to review everything all the time too. 

(when Peyton Manning had only slightly more to do with Denver's victory than I did

Again: I have not stopped laughing.

Shout-out to our own Eric Berry, the NFL Comeback Player of the Year.  Cancer to All-Pro in less than a year.  The man's a miracle.

• Love 4

Which? That he's married, or that he's called the Hot Ref? I saw a lot of mentions of the Hot Ref during the game, and afterwards. Some of my female friends on Facebook were talking about him during the game.

I just look at him and think he's not hot at all. Like AT ALL. o.O Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

Exactly. When my children complain about blown calls in any sport, I ask if the players played a perfect game. If not, then everyone needs to stop whining. Refs are allowed to make mistakes, too. Great teams overcome them.

Thank you! Tired of all the whining for every single game, regardless of the sport. There is not one game that will make everyone happy. It's a freaking sports game, not life and death.

I liked Cam's smile while talking to Peyton. His smile can light up a room.

• Love 2

I just look at him and think he's not hot at all. Like AT ALL. o.O

There are much worse looking guys than him. Give him a break! Loved Corbin's comments on how there will be more super bowl babies because of him and his tight shirt. I couldn't stop laughing.

Which?  That he's married, or that he's called the Hot Ref?  I saw a lot of mentions of the Hot Ref during the game, and afterwards.  Some of my female friends on Facebook were talking about him during the game.

Guy does have guns. But I love when something like this becomes a thing at the Super Bowl and the people who actually watch football every week don't even notice. "Oh, it's that ref."

• Love 1

The Panthers are in their first Super Bowl, it's jitters.   The Broncos have mostly been to this rodeo before.   Most of them are used to being on a stage this big.   Except for Talib, who is an utter and total moron.

I thought this was their second super bowl

The guy who owns Papa John's is a terrible person. So I wouldn't give him my money if it was the best pizza in the world.

What is it with fast food and dickhead CEO's?

Totally agree, at least based on the fast food CEOs I've heard about.  I'm guessing it has something to do with getting rich off of making crappy food with the worst ingredients and paying your employees as little as possible with as few benefits as possible.

I do my absolute best to avoid fast food for many reasons.

Myself, I thought it was okay (at the very least Bruno Mars and Beyonce were good, and Coldplay was.... Coldplay... so, good but maybe wrong for this venue), but the rest of the game and the commercials were so bad it made it hard to appreciate the half-time.

Yeah, Coldplay was just itself, which means that it was not a great choice for a Superbowl half-time show.  Beyonce and Mars were ok, certainly better than Coldplay.

• Love 1

You must have missed most of ESPN's coverage of Deflategate. Mort STILL hasn't apologized for or retracted the erroneous PSI levels the NFL told him to leak.

Yes, I did. But I've spent years listening to Phil Simms, Al Michaels, Jim Nantz, all the guys on the CBS NFL show, Mike Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser, and most of all, Cris effing Collinsworth wax rhapsodic about Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and how they and the Patriots can do no wrong. Every year they stop just short of saying that none of the other teams in the AFC should even bother having a season, since it's a foregone conclusion that New England will be in the Super Bowl. Early in this season I heard Al Michaels talk about the "Immaculate Interception" by the Patriots in last year's Super Bowl, and I wanted to hurl. Thank god that phrase did not catch on.

And they give no respect to the Broncos at all, even though the Patriots are 0-3 when playing the Broncos in Denver during the playoffs. The worst though, is Cris Collinsworth, who said the absolute stupidest thing that I've ever heard a football announcer say during a Sunday night game a few years ago. The Broncos were playing the Chiefs, and in the lead. The Chiefs had started the season out strong, and there was speculation about them maybe making the playoffs. At one point, Collinsworth said, "Well, if you disregard the score, everything is going great for the Chiefs!" Really, dude? 

• Love 2

Hell of a day here in Denver.  Mother Nature smiled down on us for the parade.  Beautiful day.

Way too many people downtown though.  Nightmare traffic.  I'll stay and watch it from my desk at work.  LOL

There's a Michael Jackson impersonator there.  Because...why not?

• Love 2

I asked my husband if he wanted to go, and he scoffed at the idea, and muttered something about a "seething mass of humanity." I did go to an Avalanche parade once when they won the Stanley Cup years ago, but I was working downtown and was able to just walk a few blocks and see them pass by. One of my friends and her husband are letting their kids play hooky today so they can all go to the parade. More power to 'em.

Cam really hasn't learned anything, has he?  No athlete should be happy when he loses and it would be disturbing if they were.  But he doesn't seem to understand what what that really means?  Do you think Russell Wilson was happy when he lost in the Super Bowl last year?  Of course he wasn't.  But he didn't act like a baby about it.  But he acted like a leader, taking the blame and giving credit where credit was do.  All the things Cam didn't do on Sunday.

Cam is the man who does the Superman pose, who wants all the attention on him when he wins.  But if you want all the attention, you can go running away every time something doesn't go your way and that's exactly what he did here.  Is that the lesson he's going to teach those children he works with down in Charlotte now?  That acting like a spoiled brat is appropriate whenever something doesn't go your way?

All he had to do was bite the bullet and act like a professional afterwards and nothing would have come of it.   But this proved to me that he is incapable of not drawing attention to himself.  He's allowed his behavior to continue being a story when it absolutely didn't have to be.  That's a "ME ME ME" kind of personality.

• Love 1

I don't know who's advising Cam, but he would've been better off issuing a simple apology and promising to do better next time, rather than bitching about not conforming to people's expectations.

Nobody expected him to be Sally Sunshine in his press conference, but he's coming off like a jerk. You lost fair and square. Man up, admit it and get over it.

• Love 6

Johnny Manziel showed up drunk to practice and the Browns covered it up saying he had a concussion

Did Manziel have any trade value left at that point? It's the only reason I can think of to lie.

I don't even want to talk about Cam...ugh.

He did. There was speculation and reports that teams were interested in him even after he was benched for the TMZ video. I think that there were some teams interested in him before he went to Vegas. I actually think a couple of teams were interested in him after the Vegas reports. But not, now with all this other stuff that's coming out, being report, alleged... I don't see another team really touching him.

Johnny's been quiet. I think he needs to come out and tell his side of the story regarding all of these allegations concerning his girlfriend. That might be one of the very few things he's could do to help himself. Even if it means he has to answer other tough questions like about possibly being in Vegas, or showing up to practice drunk.

Regarding Cam, I think he is basically saying "This is who I am. I am a sore loser. Deal with it." I think he needs to be more gracious, but if this is the way he's going to act, I hope that he is willing to accept the criticism that comes along with it. Because the criticism of him will increase if he continues to have this attitude.

Also, the fight video of LeSean McCoy has been released on TMZ. It looks like he was indeed at the club and threw at least one punch at someone. There were so many people fighting it's hard to tell who started what/and who hit who. Someone at the club said that the LeSean and his friends and the Officers were all drunk. I'm not sure how this will shake out, but it has been reported that arrest warrants may be issued.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I don't know who's advising Cam, but he would've been better off issuing a simple apology and promising to do better next time, rather than bitching about not conforming to people's expectations.

Nobody expected him to be Sally Sunshine in his press conference, but he's coming off like a jerk. You lost fair and square. Man up, admit it and get over it.

I love it. It may not be orthodox, but it's authentic. He did not backtrack, make any excuses or put out a publicist's statement. If you don't like it, don't call him because he seems to have completely run out of fucks. But that's me, I've always been for the cocky pricks. (As long as they are not dirty, because then you are fucking with people's livelihoods.)

• Love 3

I love it. It may not be orthodox, but it's authentic. He did not backtrack, make any excuses or put out a publicist's statement. If you don't like it, don't call him because he seems to have completely run out of fucks. But that's me, I've always been for the cocky pricks. (As long as they are not dirty, because then you are fucking with people's livelihoods.)

Skip Bayless said something along these lines on First Take. He basically said he didn't want Cam to be fake. I love Cam, and I want to be true to himself. I do want him to also be gracious, and be willing to deal with the criticism that comes with being labeled a sore loser. Most of the other criticisms that people give him are OTT, but this one is valid. If he's willing to accept that, then he may very well continue to act this way when he loses.

Edited by Jx223

Regarding Cam, I think he is basically saying "This is who I am. I am a sore loser. Deal with it." I think he needs to be more gracious, but if this is the way he's going to act, I hope that he is willing to accept the criticism that comes along with it. Because the criticism of him will increase if he continues to have this attitude.

I'm not really sure what's so awful about him saying this. He's acknowledging that he's a bad loser and owning it, rather than issuing a disingenuous, meaningless apology. Fair enough, if that's the way he wants to go. He's not interested in making himself the darling of the league by spouting some bullshit about God not wanting him to win this one, or saying he's happy for the Broncos. And hey, if he had apologised a whole load of people would have said, 'well sure, but he didn't mean it' anyway, so who cares?

After all, he's not the only football player who has acted like this in a post-game interview.

• Love 2

You know, I did defend Cam for his behavior. I disagreed with it, but I wasn't bitter since he lost the biggest game in sports.  Now the more he "stays himself" the more I'm come to accept my own opinion that Newton may have dethroned Russell Wilson in terms of the "worst Super Bowl play ever" after 50 years of the game.  Rather difficult to defend throwing at the one-yard line with the best back in the game, but I'd take trying to do something over standing there when the ball is loose in a drive that could win you the Super Bowl.

In terms of Cam's comments, it goes back to the period when he should be himself.  The boasting attitude when he's victorious is who he is, and crying over a loss is who he is.  I think he's gotten better in terms of his behavior as it relates to negative stuff.  There wasn't much of a sample size in a one-loss year, but Newton didn't seem too bitter losing a shot at 16-0 (which obviously would have been moot anyway with the loss to Denver).  At the end of the day, if he wants to lessen the criticism, he has to be better.  While it's his right to be upset and pissed at losing, keep it classy. I think people like Serena Williams and LeBron James have improved, and I think Cam will.

As for Manziel, I guess it's fair game for the Media to run this to the ground now that the season and Super Bowl are done

Well, that was a shitty football game-for both teams. It was pretty dull for the most part and the Panthers came out on the field looking defeated from the get go. The early, blown challenge call didn't help matters and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.

For the 50th Super Bowl I thought the whole thing was lackluster. From the lack of introducing the players at the beginning to the commerciAls and especially the half time show. The whole damn thing just sucked and I was seriously struggling to stay awake for the whole thing and I'm a die hard Panthers fan who was hoping beyond hope that they could pull off the win.

I'm an avid Cam Newton supporter (as is evidenced elsewhere in this thread) and I have nothing positive to say about his after game presser. Seriously disappointing. It's one thing to be cocky and gloat when you are winning (which I'm fine with) but dude, you have to be gracious in defeat. My kids don't worship the ground he walks on (they wear his jersey but only because I like the guy) but some kids do and if he wants to consider himself a role model he needs to check that behavior at the door. Yesterday.

• Love 4

Man, between Manziel, McCoy, and Newton, what a black-eye day for the NFL...after one of the worst Super Bowls of all time no less.

Manziel definitely needs to make some sort of statement soon. The longer he waits, the worse it all looks for him. He should also get himself to rehab ASAP, of course, but that's not looking likely to happen.

Cam is one stubborn dude. If he wants to act like a sore loser then by all means but then dont complain when you get criticized for it. I didnt care for his "who are you to say what's right?" comments. Give me a break. We all know what manners are. You say please, thank you, you're welcome etc. And you stand there like a man and answer the questions. That has been established by his own fratnerity of pro athletes for decades. Its why Lesean was criticized for running off the field after losing to the Eagles and not answering any questions afterwards.

Magic Johnson was on the various ESPN shows and said of course he hated losing in those finals, but he knew as the leader of the team he had to take the heat, and sometimes was the last player to leave after a finals loss. Tom Jackson I believe said the same thing.

Im really disappointed that Cam has decided to double down on this.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 3

Man, between Manziel, McCoy, and Newton, what a black-eye day for the NFL...after one of the worst Super Bowls of all time no less.

Manziel definitely needs to make some sort of statement soon. The longer he waits, the worse it all looks for him. He should also get himself to rehab ASAP, of course, but that's not looking likely to happen.

Rough times, for the NFL, even though Cam is fortunately nowhere near the type of trouble that Johnny/LeSean could be facing.

I agree Johnny needs to do something. He did talk to TMZ, but I don't think that is enough to help him. His reputation is being obliterated from all angles. It was already in bad shape after he was benched/reported to have been in Vegas.

Maybe he thinks if he stays quiet, at least the DV stuff will go away if the charges from this current case is dropped. The charges from the first two investigations of Dallas/Fort Worth were dropped.  Maybe he actually is innocent of the DV stuff and he thinks that he will lay low until the charges are dropped.

I don't know. After he the NFL didn't punish him the last time, he said something like he was glad "the truth came out". Maybe he thinks that will happen this time around. Even if he is innocent and/or the charges are dropped his reputation is being absolutely destroyed.

It's time for him to come out and say something. Get a lawyer and do an interview.

Edited by Jx223

What could Johnny Manziel say that would make any difference? At this point, I wouldn't believe anything he says. He's a known liar who used a supposed stay in rehab as a PR move. 

I think the best thing for him would be to drop off the radar for a while, hopefully get his life together in private, and start from scratch.

Yeah, I have never really understood the "at least he's being authentic" defense.  When a racist uses a racial epithet, he's being authentic but I don't laud him for it.  

I hope Johnny can get his act together.  He is so young; he needs to take 3-4 years off and figure out his life.  The crazy thing is that even after 4 years he could still make it back to the NFL if he did that and found he still had a passion to play.

• Love 1

Only thing I will make a long comment on is Brady being booed.

I don't see it as "classless". I don't like Brady or the Pats. I don't respect the team. They cheat, lie and do everything they can all in the name of winning. I don't care what judge says or that "everybody does it" or people accuse me of jealousy or anything else. Jealousy really? They have won one title since 2005. Pitt has won two titles. Giants have two titles. I am not jealous of them or think they cheat. I would boo Tom Brady if I was there. I am allowed, as a fan, at a game, to dislike a player and express such an opinion. What the booing proves is just winning by itself doesn't make you likable or respected as a person. BB is a great coach and Tom Brady is a great player. But he is a whiny crybaby. I wouldn't trust anything either one of them says or does though, or anything from anyone on the Pats, owner on down. Those tickets cost $5000 or so for the Super Bowl. I would boo if I felt like it, I don't care why the players are there. I didn't pay $5000 to watch Tom Brady's smug ass walk out on the field. I would boo him going on and coming off the field.

As for the "hot ref".....I'm male and not gay, so I suppose I would take the females' words for it, but......really?

Johnny Manziel will never be a good NFL player. I am sick of hearing about him. He is the Kim Kardashian of the league. Some team will sign him as a back up. He will fail. he will relapse off and on into drugs and alcohol. He will go broke. He will be out of the league in 3 years or so, broke, bankrupt, probably in jail within 5 years.

Cam should have handled the post game better, he needs to mature. I am not going to kill him for it though. Too much I think is made of that stuff.

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 4

You can be a sore loser all you want. But you also have to realize, for one, you have a contractual obligation. The other, you're a most definitely the face of your franchise, so you kind of have an obligation to them, and you're getting to be one of the faces in the league. You've got to see that larger picture. 

Yeah, I have never really understood the "at least he's being authentic" defense.  When a racist uses a racial epithet, he's being authentic but I don't laud him for it.

Authentic is hanging in at the press conference and saying, "I mad because we lost and I sucked and this sucked. What questions do you want answered? Let's get this over with so I can get out of here." 

You know, as an adult, there's a lot of times you have to do stuff that you just don't want to. That's why they back you the big bucks. So what if you're not genuine in your apology? Who really is? Very simple: "You know what? My bad. I'm putting it behind me and trying to improve going forward in all aspects of football. I'm not talking about it anymore. Thanks." 

It never works in anything in life when you get the chance to walk back from something and you double down on it. 

It's too bad too because Manning actually defended him afterwards, so it was teed for him all set. I hope he changes his mind in a few weeks or so. 

• Love 4

Really -- putting Manziel, McCoy and Newton in the same category!!?!? Sheesh!

This reminds me of the outrage over Marshawn last year.

Here's Peyton on Newton after the game:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/peyton-manning-says-cam-newton-was-humble-and-really-nice-after-super-bowl-loss

(Again: Remember that Manning headed straight to the locker rooms after his first Super Bowl loss.)

• Love 1

What could Johnny Manziel say that would make any difference? At this point, I wouldn't believe anything he says. He's a known liar who used a supposed stay in rehab as a PR move. 

I think the best thing for him would be to drop off the radar for a while, hopefully get his life together in private, and start from scratch.

A lot of people wouldn't believe him, but some might believe his side of the story. There are people that doubt his girlfriend's story. It's one thing to be known for lying about stuff like partying. Another thing to show up drunk to practice. But another thing to be accused abuser/kidnapper/threatening people's lives, etc.... Johnny is being called everything short of the son of satan. 

At one point (if it ever happens) does he finally speak out all of these terrible accusations being flung at him. Heck, if it were me, even if I were known for being a liar about other things like the partying, if I were innocent regarding the DV stuff, I would try and clear my name of that. I would do whatever I had to do not to be labeled the heinous things like being an abuser and threatening to kill people, even if that meant I had to cop to being in Vegas/showing up to practice drunk.  

I do believe he wants to lay low, like you suggested. I think that is what he is trying to do now. But that's is pretty hard to do when every single day a new story, filled with new accusations is coming out about him. And the media and people are stalking/reporting his every move. Maybe if he spoke out that could help temper some of these stories a bit.

Edited by Jx223

Manziel needs to go away, so he can free up a QB spot for a player who will most likely work hard,  and actually appreciate this extremely rare chance in play in the NFL. He's taking a spot that someone more worthy deserves.

Really -- putting Manziel, McCoy and Newton in the same category!!?!? Sheesh!

I don't think what they're all in the news for is equivalent, obviously. I thought that went without saying but I suppose I will state it for the record. But you have to admit none of them are creating a good look for the NFL right now.

Here's Peyton on Newton after the game:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/peyton-manning-says-cam-newton-was-humble-and-really-nice-after-super-bowl-loss

(Again: Remember that Manning headed straight to the locker rooms after his first Super Bowl loss.)

Yes, but Golden Boy Manning gets a pass on whatever he does. HGH included, apparently.

I believe that Cam was really cool to Peyton after the game. But why is it so hard for him to show that same graciousness in the eyes of the media? If he understands sportsmanship enough to be nice to Manning, surely he understands why it's important to be seen as being sportsmanlike on the national stage if he is serious about being a role model. This is why I think his doubling down is a bigger problem than his initial sulk. I can forgive him being immature and making a bad decision in the face of crushing disappointment. It's harder to justify that same attitude 48 hours later.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

I dunno.  Every time I see/hear Manziel on any sportstalk anything (esp ESPN), I want to yell at that combined braintrust: "This is what you made him!"

Now, the drunken abusive let-down-his-teammates jackassery, he should own himself -- I don't mean that! but when I first heard that dumb fucking "Johnny Football!!" appellation, I thought, Aw, hell -- he's doomed.

Manziel needs to not talk.   Anything he says to defend himself will sound like blaming the victim.   There's a protective order in place.   If he starts telling "his side of the story" it sounds like he is challenging the issuance of a court order.   That never goes well.   Especially if he then has to face criminal judges -- judges talk to each other and have loooooong memories.  

As for Cam, four year olds are authentic when they throw temper tantrums.   Doesn't mean they should still be throwing them in their 20s.   You grow up, you learn there is a time and place for everything.   Apparently, the Broncos were not allowed to be real and celebrate their win because it might hurt Cam and his keepin' it real feelings.   As I said, if he had been petulant in the press conference, whatever.   They lost.   I expected not happy.   But to walk out because you heard the winners celebrating is just childish.   Manning might have left the field immediately when he lost, but he didn't walk out of his press conference.   Adults do their job, children talk about "keeping it real" to justify bad behavior.

• Love 1

I hope Johnny can get his act together.  

I hope so too. I hope he straightens out his life and that things somehow (maybe miraculously) works out for him. I do think he has talent and I hate to see that go to waste and his young life to go down the drain.

You can be a sore loser all you want. But you also have to realize, for one, you have a contractual obligation. The other, you're a most definitely the face of your franchise, so you kind of have an obligation to them, and you're getting to be one of the faces in the league. You've got to see that larger picture. 

Authentic is hanging in at the press conference and saying, "I mad because we lost and I sucked and this sucked. What questions do you want answered? Let's get this over with so I can get out of here." 

Maybe his approach will be more like this in the future. I have no problem with him being upset and saying he's unhappy losing. But I think it's also important that he behaves professionally. I think he is one of the important faces (maybe THE face) of the NFL now and he is the reigning MVP. I think that Cam is talented and I hope he has a long and successful career in the NFL.

I would rather he not be viewed as a poor sport every time he gives a press conference after losing a big game. I think he can be truthful about his feelings but still hang in the press conferences and be professional.  Maybe he will end up displaying a good mix of both of these things in future press conferences.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Manning attended the press conference and then Drew said that Peyton called him that evening, saying that Peyton was a classy guy. People waning to compare the situations conveniently forget to add that phone call. After the loss to Seattle, Sherman praised Peyton for seeking him out to check on his injury, saying he was a class act. Peyton clearly learned and learned quickly how to handle himself.

• Love 1

The racial double standard between Cam Newton and Peyton Manning is on full display after Super Bowl 50

It's 2010. Peyton Manning is the quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts and it's Super Bowl XLIV against the New Orleans Saints.

Peyton and the Colts lose the game 31-17.

With time still remaining on the clock, Peyton did something that Cam Newton (or any black quarterback for that matter) would have been absolutely skewered for — he left the field.

He didn't congratulate the opposing quarterback Drew Brees, as is customary. He didn't shake any hands. He didn't try to smile. He just bailed.

I don't totally agree with the article, but I do believe that six years from now the press will still be talking about Cam's press conference. And six years after Manning walked off the field, the press has totally forgotten about it. (The press at the time gave him a pass as well.)

• Love 4

I think the differing reactions illustrate the racial double standard.  I don't think it was a horrible thing for Manning to do, walking off the field without addressing anyone on the winning team, or something that should draw condemnation of his overall character, especially in light of his behavior afterward.  But it was, in and of itself, poor sportsmanship and unprofessional.  Yet people - in the sports media and in the fandom - twisted themselves into pretzels coming up with positive reasons for it.  Cam does not get the same level of consideration.  With Manning, people look for reasons to excuse it.  There was an empathy for his emotions.  With Newton, it's just "he's a petulant ass who should know better." 

Both behaved poorly in an emotional moment.  Manning altered course in short order, Newton didn't.  That's a valid point of discussion, but I'm talking about the immediate aftermath of the two actions.  Manning walked off the field with time left on the clock without a word to his opponents.  Newton navigated a celebrating throng to congratulate his counterpart on the winning team and then gave a sulky press conference performance.  The reaction at large to those two similar actions differed greatly.

Great article; thanks for posting it.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4