Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I really hope that stops drunk driving.   No one wants Helen Mirren disappointed in them.

I think they needed to sic Judi Dench on the drunks instead.

Oh wait. I think Dench is a lush. Never mind!

Edited by Kromm

Really Simms? You're not surprised they ran on 3rd and long? This wasn't the time for the Broncos to put together a drive and grind out the game? That was a terribly called series and Kubiak is severely lacking any situational awareness. He's praying for the DEF to come up. That's not a plan.

Damn it. Now this game probably over. They better not give Peyton Manning the MVP. He didn't contribute to the Broncos victory tonight. I don't have problem giving it to Von Miller. He definitely brought his A game tonight.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

Von Miller SHOULD be MVP. I know they love to give the mvp to qbs and im sure theyll be a push to give it to Peyton just because. But this defense carried them all game and all playoffs.

Oh, and THIS.  So much this.

The joys of being self-employed.   I scheduled a light day tomorrow so I can recover.

I don't think Cam can handle being contained and he is just confused about what to do.   And the D is losing it like the Broncos were in the first quarter.

Wow, I really expected the Panthers to demolish the Broncos and boy was I wrong. I should have known better, usually I'm a believer in the best defense.

Von Miller totally deserves to be MVP. Defense and special teams are running the game and he got the crucial hit.

Edited by BabyVegas

So is Denver officially the official destination of washed up qbs looking for their last chance at glory.

Lol @ the Denver sideline dabbing. Dont blame them one bit. They deserve to celebrate. They certainly proved a lot of people wrong. Myself being one of them. I gave them zero chance to win this game.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2

My one consolation is that Peyton will probably retire and after this week I won't have to deal with the tongue baths anymore.

Seriously. I can't fucking stand Manning so I hope he takes this as a sign that now is the time to retire and I never have to hear about him again.
  • Love 2

Loved the shot of the Manning family, with the big sigh of relief.  I was never the biggest fan of Peyton Manning, but I have a soft spot for him after watching him cheer Eli to his first SB win - Peyton was living and dying with each play and I thought what a big brother! 

MVP should be the entire Denver defense.

Cam is losing his cool. 

• Love 2

I think I heard Dean Bladino (head of officials) breathing a sigh of relief that his fuckup won't be the deciding factor in the game.

lol xaxat

I always like 2 pt conversions. I think it's unique in sports. It's cool to have on in the SB.

Wow, Eli, way to be psyched about your bro. 

Eli  was looking mighty unenthused there. Maybe he will look more excited once the game is over and the Broncos officially win.

• Love 1
All scoring plays are automatically reviewed.

Which is stupid and takes the authority to call the game out of the hands of the officials on the field. There's no need to review. Call up the European soccer leagues and install goal line tech. Calls made on the field immediately.

• Love 1

I don't mean to be a bag, but I'm watching the game on my own. What's everyone's first Superbowl? Mine was the Raiders over the Redskins, when Marcus Allen ran all over the place. 

I don't think one has to award MVP it to one player. In the Pats undefeated season, the Giants DL was clearly the MVP. Eli got lucky. 

I don't think one has to award MVP it to one player. In the Pats undefeated season, the Giants DL was clearly the MVP. Eli got lucky. 

Ah SB 18 when I went and sat in a corner and cried at the Raiders being mean to my team.  Hey I was 10.  The first one I remember clearing watching and enjoying was SB 17 w/ the Redskins vs the Dolphins.

• Love 1

A couple other Panthers players lost their composure. Cam is not looking good right now. He looks kind of petulant to be honest. Its gonna be a long offseason for him. I just hope he doesnt say anything stupid in the post game presser. Just be gracious and go home. No blaming the refs or whatever.

• Love 3

Denver's offense played exactly as well as I thought they would, but their defense played at another level. And after the NE game, that's saying something. The only one happier than Peyton, Von Miller and the rest of the Bronco contingent is Von Miller's agent. He's going to stroll into negotiations with the highlights from the AFC Championship and the SB and not have to say a word.

• Love 2

A couple other Panthers players lost their composure. Cam is not looking good right now. He looks kind of petulant to be honest. Its gonna be a long offseason for him. I just hope he doesnt say anything stupid in the post game presser. Just be gracious and go home. No blaming the refs or whatever.

Agreed. They got hosed on the one early call but 4 (I think) turnovers and how many stupid, stupid penalties? THAT'S what lost the game.

Carolina just wasn't ready for the big time and it showed.

• Love 2

Is brushing your teeth with the water running really a thing? Why would you even do that?

Peyton SHOULD retire. I know and understand this. But that doesn't change the fact that I am going to be extraordinarily sad with a Peyton-less NFL forever.

Did you guys see what Marshawn Lynch tweeted? He's such a weirdo.

• Love 1

The only one happier than Peyton, Von Miller and the rest of the Bronco contingent is Von Miller's agent. He's going to stroll into negotiations with the highlights from the AFC Championship and the SB and not have to say a word.

For real. I would be happy if New England paid him literally whatever he asked for just so we don't have to face him again!

Congrats to the Broncos for winning the Super Bowl. I am very disappointed that the Panthers and Cam didn't win. The Broncos defense was outstanding and have been outstanding all year long. They showed up again tonight and helped bring Denver another championship. Cam really struggled tonight and I hope this will be a learning experience for him.

That Defense was faster than he realized and the offense couldn't get anything going . I'm still proud of him and the Panthers for all they have accomplished this year. I hope they come back strong and I hope to see them in more Super Bowls down the line, hopefully winning at least one.

Even though I wanted Carolina to win, Peyton adding another championship to his career is a nice story, especially if this indeed his last year in the league. This will help his legacy.

Classy move by Norman to congratulate Peyton.

Very happy for Owen Daniels, former Badger! 

I'm old - my first Super Bowl was SB I - vague memories of huddling in front of the black & white TV to watch it.

Man, Can Newton looks to me like he really expected to win. I mean, the Panthers had an amazing season, so I can't sat I blame him, but it's not a great look for him.

My first Superbowl was the 2005 Seahawks-Steelers game. I have never forgiven the refs for that travesty.

• Love 1

Is brushing your teeth with the water running really a thing? Why would you even do that?

Peyton SHOULD retire. I know and understand this. But that doesn't change the fact that I am going to be extraordinarily sad with a Peyton-less NFL forever.

Did you guys see what Marshawn Lynch tweeted? He's such a weirdo.

People on Twitter are taking it as a retirement announcement (a peace emoji and a picture of his football cleats hanging in the air = peace out, he's hanging up his cleats).

On those lists of tips to save water, they always suggest not running the water as you brush your teeth so it would seem to be a thing.

Edited by Dejana