Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I really just do not find Ryan Reynolds attractive. But at least that ad did not give me the dry heaves like some of the other horrors have so far.

Fortunately for Ryan, Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively do. Leader for worst ad goes to the Mountain Dew Kickstart and the PuppyMonkeyBaby. Closely followed by the Doritos visit to the OB.

• Love 5

There just shouldn't be challenges imo. It's dumb to challenge on 7 yards of field position and it's dumb to challenge down 3-0 in the first quarter. 

Just kick the FG and take the points. Dumb call. 

I think that whichever defense plays the best will end up deciding who wins this game. Right now that is Denver. Peyton isn't playing that great so far and Cam seems jittery and so does some of the other Carolina panthers. I hope they can shake their nerves and pull out this win.

Edited by Jx223

Fortunately for Ryan, Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively do. Leader for worst ad goes to the Mountain Dew Kickstart and the PuppyMonkeyBaby. Closely followed by the Doritos visit to the OB.

I may hate Mountain Dew, but I find that Puppy Monkey Baby commercial to be very funny.

And what the hell is OIC? It sounds stupid & so is that commercial.

Hmmm. Interesting that the NFL is promoting the fact that people fuck after their team wins.

I'm hoping they end that series with a bunch of 50-year-old Wisconsinites.  

Edit: Just realized that should be 49-year-olds.  

Edited again: 48-year-olds, since their birthdays would be in the fall.  I should quit while I'm behind.

Edited by Scott
  • Love 1

The Panthers are in their first Super Bowl, it's jitters.   The Broncos have mostly been to this rodeo before.   Most of them are used to being on a stage this big.   Except for Talib, who is an utter and total moron.

• Love 3

The Panthers are in their first Super Bowl, it's jitters.   The Broncos have mostly been to this rodeo before.   Most of them are used to being on a stage this big.   Except for Talib, who is an utter and total moron.

Agreed....I'm hoping Rivera can kick some sense into them at halftime.  Mainly because I don't want to listen to a week of "Aw Shucks" Manning being deified.

• Love 5

Cam in particular definitely seems jittery. He keeps throwing too high and trying to hold onto the ball a bit too long. He's realizing just fast the Broncos Defense is. I hope he and the rest of the Panthers can calm their nerves at halftime.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 4

Not only did that blown replay call lead to the sack fumble/touchdown, it also meant that the Panthers lost a timeout on that final drive.

I can't wait to see how Dean Blandino (who is surely in the replay room) explains that call on Monday.

• Love 2

Honestly I feel like if Carolina can just score a TD and go up 14-13, they'll win. Denver's O looks terrible. Carolina just needs to stop throwing up all over itself every time it touches the ball.

If you're Carolina, not that you feel good about playing like crap, but you have to feel good about only being down 6. If Denver's O was doing anything they'd be down 15-20.

They would have had the time out of they didn't bother challenging down 3 in the first quarter.

They aren't doing poorly because of one questionable call. It's because they can't convert on 3rd down.

Rivera needs to get himself in check first. He's already blown all the challenges on nothing.

Honestly I feel like if Carolina can just score a TD and go up 14-13, they'll win. Denver's O looks terrible. Carolina just needs to stop throwing up all over itself every time it touches the ball.

If you're Carolina, not that you feel good about playing like crap, but you have to feel good about only being down 6. If Denver's O was doing anything they'd be down 15-20.

I think that Cam needs to run more in the second half. The most comfortable he has looked in this game if the few times he's taken off running. He needs to run more in the second half and help move the ball down the field that way. I think they need to use him to open up the run game more and go from there. This game is still winnable for Carolina, but Cam is going to have to do like he's done in many other situations and help carry them.

Agreed...as bad as Carolina played...a bunch of sacks and turnovers they're only down 6. Cam, I think, needs to start running more. I hope he's not caught up about proving his a pocket passer. Just do whatever it takes to win the game.

Exactly. He needs to run more. He needs to do whatever needs to be done to win this game.

I don't hate Coldplay, but I'm trying to think of a blander, less offensive band they could've chosen and I'm coming up empty.

I have enjoyed some of their music in the past, but I am not feeling their halftime performance tonight.

Edited by Jx223

Right now I actually feel bad for Coldplay. Not only are they outperformed by Beyonce and Bruno Mars, they had to accompany a backdrop of some of the greatest performers of all time. (When did James Brown do the Super Bowl?)

• Love 1

Um, maybe it isn't the most sensitive idea to have a montage of what I assume is past performers, but ones that include Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson, set to a song with the lyrics "and I will try to fix you"...

• Love 2

coldplay is so bad that they have to distract you with anything they can think of.

Is it wrong that I think it kinda worked since they ended up being basically the backup band?

• Love 2