Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Since my G-men aren't in it, I'm rooting for the Panthers.  It's been crazy down here in Charlotte - all season, really, but especially the past month. It's interesting to see how the city has embraced the team, and how the players really seem to be enjoying not only their run, but being able to represent the region.

The city skyline has been decked out in blue for the past two weeks!

JM_2016_02_06_Charlotte_002-L.jpg

• Love 2

I watched the NFL honors and kept getting spoiled all night by the winners via social media. I assumed that was Cam's dad that accepted the award but his little joke went completely over my head.

As I've complained before on here, the NFL Network used to announce the Hall of Famers at around 2 pm - 3 pm PT live, and you got to get the Hall of Famers' raw emotions. It was terrific if a little organized.

They tape the NFL Honors at 5 pm PT, air at 6 pm PT on the East Coast, and then 9 pm PT on the West Coast. So instead of 2 to 3 pm, it's 'like 10 pm that I get to see the Hall of Famers on TV, and they're just standing there on stage for a few moments.

This year, I just decided to avoid all social media (I was trying to avoid Twitter because of Larry David hosting SNL, too)

By the way, about a week to 10 days ago our local media had all these headlines about the strong possibility that the El Nino storm would affect the Super Bowl.

Well, today, it is freakin hot. Very, very hot.

The sun won't go down until probably early into the 3rd quarter (5:35 pm PT), so we'll be getting a daylight halftime show.

EDIT: It's odd to see Joe Buck and Al Michaels featured on the CBS pregame show.

Edited by nowandlater

I'm rooting for the Panthers but I won't be gutted if the Broncos win.  I'm just a happy camper because the Patriots and Seahawks aren't in it.  So yeah, I will enjoy the game no matter what.

Still thinking about those poor chickens though....... 

• Love 1

When was Michael Jackson?

He preformed in Super Bowl 27.

As for the game, I don't know what the final score is going to be, but I hope that the Panthers will win the game. Denver already has 2 Super Bowl wins & I always want to see a new team win it all for the first time. I also want to see the Broncos become the first team to lose 6 Super Bowls.

I frickin' LOVE this parade of former Super Bowl MVP's. I haven't watched any pregame (yay Friends marathon!) so this is the first pomp and circumstance I'm seeing.

Tom Brady looked like SUCH a douche and he was the only one to not follow the instructions and stand on the little yellow circle.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 4

Tom Brady looked like SUCH a douche and he was the only one to not follow the instructions and stand on the little yellow circle.

And he got booed too. I can't imagine how he feels about that.

• Love 1

Oh, I'd take soccer over football every time. It's not even close for me, but I don't think this is the time for that discussion.

Gaga is smoking gorgeous and can actually sing. I got no problems with her.

Are we going to live chat at all or is that against the rules? I'm by myself.

Gaga looks 80 years old.  She's trying too hard.

Disagree 1000%.

She sounded amazing but clearly was lip synching

So far so good....coin flip went off without a hitch. ;)

Not lip syncing.  The sound and the picture never align.

• Love 2

I don't really care if it was lip synced. It was a very good version of the anthem. I can't stand when the singer slooooowws it down. It was written to be uptempo. Surprisingly, FB is largely positive. 

Whether it was a catch or not, risking the time out in the first quarter when it's 3-0 is just dumb. You don't have any confidence in your defense?

I'm amused as hell that Mike Carey was wrong again, some more. I didn't think it was a catch because the ball was moving all over when they showed the slo-mo.

Von Miller! You get some son!

It's allowed to move all over as long as it never touches the ground. The replay official got it wrong.

• Love 2

Maybe it was superslowed down. If the refs didn't have the replays breathing down their necks all the time, we wouldn't be talking about it. 

I highly doubt the officials are calling it for Denver. 

Maybe the refs should stop play before Newton gets sacked too.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

1.   Jerry Rice and several others didn't hit the yellow spot either.   Somehow only Tom Brady got called out for it.

2.   Lady Gaga showed how you can dress to stand out and still be respectful (looking at you Susan Sarandon).

3.   Whitney Houston lipsynced her famous National Anthem performance.   Given the conditions of the day, I have no problem with the singers lip syncing.

4.   Lady Gaga was fucking awesome.

5.   Aqib Talib is an idiot -- TWICE.   He needs to get a grip or he will cost them the game.

• Love 6

That dude needs to sit down and decompress.

The NFL needs have cards or something. A foul like that only gets a flag and a few yards tacked on to it. How many of those you get away with before being ejected?

• Love 2

Every SB has a MVP, but usually there is a also what I like to call the game goat, the one person who screws up in spectacular fashion.  Congratulations, Talib, you are the early frontrunner for game goat!

I didn't watch the pregame show - did Jim Nantz show up periodically to announce it was almost time for the halftime show? 

• Love 3

That dude needs to sit down and decompress.

The NFL needs have cards or something. A foul like that only gets a flag and a few yards tacked on to it. How many of those you get away with before being ejected?

Goodell (who emerged from his bunker this week) mentioned something about a rule where a player who gets two personal fouls is ejected. 

I think we can call it the Burfict Rule.

• Love 2

Thats disgusting that Rivera had to burn challenges on plays that were so freaking obvious and shouldnt have been ruled against him in the first place. Now he's out the rest of the way.

Which in general I dont understand. I feel like if the play is reversed you should able to keep the challenge. Why should a coach/team be penalized for the refs not getting it right in the firsr place.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 4

I really just do not find Ryan Reynolds attractive. But at least that ad did not give me the dry heaves like some of the other horrors have so far.

I am concerned that Carolina has awoken from its slumber and Peyton is going to be terrorized for the next three quarters. Please Denver. PLEASE.

That challenge was Mike McCarthy-esque.  Carolina got a few yards, but now is out of challenges.  Has Ron Rivera watched any games this year?  Seen how terrible the officiating has been?  I wouldn't want to be out of challenges before the first half ends.