Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Oh fuck you, Peyton, namechecking your biggest sponsor.

Product placement in a victory speech. I want to hurl. I wonder what the size of the paycheck for that was?

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5

My first Super Bowl that I watched (first half of it) was Super Bowl 22. I was actually born on the day of Super Bowl 14.

Well, congrats to the Broncos. The only good thing about the Panthers losing was that Stephen Curry was rooting for them & I can't stand that guy. 

I wonder who will say, I'm going to Disney World!!" tomorrow?

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1

Celebrate Peyton. You had your ass saved by your Defense.

And a truly unexplainable replay non call that led to a touchdown. I wonder if the NFL and it's associated networks will throw that in the memory hole.

My first SB memory is the 2000 game between Tennessee and the rams. Seeing that Titans player (I cant even tell you his name) stretch unsuccessfully for that one extra yard has always stuck with me.

Edited by FuriousStyles

And a truly unexplainable replay non call that led to a touchdown. I wonder if the NFL and it's associated networks will throw that in the memory hole.

While drinking Budweisers, no doubt.
  • Love 1

My first SB memory is the 2000 game between Tennessee and the rams. Seeing that Titans player (I cant even tell you hia name) stretch unsuccessfully for that one extra yard has always stuck with me.

Me too! I'm sure my family watched the Pats/Packers SB but I have no memory of that. My first distinct SB memory is the Titans guy trying SO HARD to break the plane. Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

That was probably the most poorly played superbowl I can recall. Not that the superbowl has to be a shoot out. If you're collectively less than 25% on 3rd down, you're not playing well. 

I mean, there weren't any sustained drives, Manning didn't have any key play to extend a drive. The Denver defense deserved to win. But eh.

As much as everyone hates the Pats, all their wins came down to the final play at least.

• Love 2

Celebrate Peyton. You had your ass saved by your Defense.

As Brady's did last year. And many times in his career.

An utterly boring game.

The non-overturned call was big, but Carolina's offense was non-existent all game and was going nowhere once they lost Corey Brown. It's a light WR group to begin with and then losing him, no one to go to. Olsen did nothing.

They get Kelvin Benjamin back next year though, they will be as good if not better next season

I assume Manning is done, all signs point that way. Will be interesting to see what Osweiller can do over a whole season.

The Super Bowl babies commercials started cute and ended creepy

$10 million spend tonight to here about constipation and diarrhea.

WTF with Turkish Airlines commercials for Gotham City and Metropolis? Huh?

I don't get it. If it's ads for the movie, then why Turkish Airlines. If it's an ad for Turkish Airlines... er... never mind paying all that money for the DC characters and big actors... the biggest WTF is why advertise flights to Turkey without saying they are... and for that no doubt huge crowd of Turkey-bound Superbowl viewers.

• Love 1

Oh fuck you, Peyton, namechecking your biggest sponsor.

Product placement in a victory speech. I want to hurl. I wonder what the size of the paycheck for that was?

Did you see the Papa John guy on the field. He was like the first one to hug and kiss Peyton.
  • Love 1

Don't show people crying!

Josh Norman crying like that was a rough image to watch. People are already having a field day with that on twitter. Ugh.

Edited by Jx223

I know we bought a new TV the day of Super Bowl XIX but I don't really remember the game, and I sang "The Super Bowl Shuffle" for weeks on end before Super Bowl XX but I don't remember much about watching that game either except for Fridge scoring.

My first real SB memory is the glorious XXI, as I had football explained to me the night before the Giants pasted the Pack in the regular season and as a 13 year old I thought Phil Simms was positively dreamy, so I picked that team to root for and devoured everything I could about football from then on. I had XXI on VHS and I watched it so much I wore the tape out.

The first one I remember was the BALTIMORE Colts losing to the Jets.  It was awful.  And yet, I kept coming back.

We won't mention that it was the same season the O's lost to the Mets.  Oops, I just mentioned that.  Sigh.......

I have vague memories of the Jets beating the Colts, but I remember fondly the Mets beating the Orioles.

Which is stupid and takes the authority to call the game out of the hands of the officials on the field. There's no need to review. Call up the European soccer leagues and install goal line tech. Calls made on the field immediately.

I don't think replay belongs in the game at all, but I don't like that they automatically review plays where the player was ruled to have scored, but if he is ruled down at the 1-inch line, the coach must challenge it, even if that replay would show that it was in fact a "scoring play".

Is brushing your teeth with the water running really a thing? Why would you even do that?

I'm not sure I make the connection between how much water I use in Charlotte, and some village in Africa not having enough water...

Edited by Moose135

Did you see the Papa John guy on the field. He was like the first one to hug and kiss Peyton.

I didn't see him. But I'm not happy that this douchebag is going to be bragging about it on his upcoming commercials. He sucks & his pizza sucks.

An excellent choice for the MVP, Von Miller.

• Love 3

The worst batch of SB commercials ever.

A couple good ones, but seriously? When Dame Helen Mirren bores you (even with a valid & good reason), and Christopher Walken comes across as a douche car salesman, then they're really bad.

• Love 3

Budweiser and Papa John were both the #2 and #3 trending topics on twitter for a minute there, lol.

Edited by Jx223

First SB I recall watching was 1981, must have been SB XV, Raiders over Eagles.

But the first whole season and true year I recall of the NFL was the following season. I was a Cowboys fan at the time (I have since seen the error of my ways), watched Joe Montana crush them with The Catch, then beat the bengals in the SB

• Love 1

I'm sorry but that was not a freaking catch. He never had control of that catch, and it's a rule. The Panthers finally played a good defense and got outplayed. Congrats to the Broncos- it's been damn long and my tshirt I've worn proudly is now 20 years old. Probably another 20 years for the next ring but will take this one.

I'm sorry but that was not a freaking catch. He never had control of that catch, and it's a rule. The Panthers finally played a good defense and got outplayed. 

Never hit the ground, it was a catch. Big moment in the game, but the Panthers did nothing offensively all game, so they can't blame that call.

• Love 3

Never hit the ground, it was a catch. Big moment in the game, but the Panthers did nothing offensively all game, so they can't blame that call.

The tip did hit the ground.

Congrats to Miller. Great MVP choice. Classy of Norman and Newton to congratulate Manning. The Panthers will win the SB in the next few years- Cam needed one under his belt so the next one he won't look like he's going to throw up.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

I thought it was a rather boring game compared to many in the past.  

Halftime was a hot mess--too many people.  Coldplay was ok but I wish Chris Martin would stop jumping around on stage like a dork.  I didn't need to see Beyonce but I always like to see Bruno Mars.

I thought it was an obvious catch, never hit the ground.

DId anyone catch Eli in the booth at the end of the game? He didn't look excited at all for Peyton. I think he may have wanted Carolina to win.

Yeah, a few of us had mentioned Eli's reaction. I originally thought maybe he was just nervous because the game was still going on and would show a happier attitude, once the game was over and the Broncos officially won it. I hope he was happy for his brother. I remember Peyton being supportive of him when he won his championships.

Edited by Jx223

Maybe the NFL will finally address the big question of just what the hell is a catch in this offseason. It's an issue in every game, it's called one way one week and a different way the next week

DId it seem that Peyton barely recognized his children?  It was as if Jim Nantz had to tell him who those two small people were. 

• Love 1

I thought it was an obvious catch, never hit the ground.

DId anyone catch Eli in the booth at the end of the game? He didn't look excited at all for Peyton. I think he may have wanted Carolina to win.

Lol so this is clearly going to be a thing. Eli looking salty because the ONE thing he had over big bro was his one extra SB win...and thats gone (at least for the time being). Sibling rivalry is real! LMAO. Seriously though, isnt the rub on Eli that he rarely shows emotion, like ever. I think he's very happy for Peyton actually.
  • Love 1
Halftime was a hot mess--too many people.  Coldplay was ok but I wish Chris Martin would stop jumping around on stage like a dork.  I didn't need to see Beyonce but I always like to see Bruno Mars.

I think Chris Martin was trying to offset the general lack of energy in Coldplay's music by being very energetic himself. It didn't work but points for effort I guess.

Bruno Mars was much better tonight than he was when he did the halftime show a few years back. I remember being eh on him then but he was really good tonight.

Eli looking salty because the ONE thing he had over big bro was his one extra SB win...and thats gone (at least for the time being). Sibling rivalry is real! LMAO.

But Eli still leads Peyton in Super Bowl MVPs 2-1.

Watching Cam presser....not good. Not good at all. I mean I know its a tough tough loss and emotions are high but jeez, all the good will he MAY have built this year just flew out the window. His one word answers and then to just walk off. Not good. He wants to be a role model and all that. Well part of that is being gracious in defeat. Im glad Deon is letting him have it right now.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1

I think Chris Martin was trying to offset the general lack of energy in Coldplay's music by being very energetic himself. It didn't work but points for effort I guess.

Yeah but the thing is, I don't think he needs to jump around that much.  Just tone it down a little.  I also didn't like him leaning over into the crowd as much as he did.  Just stand up on stage, move around in a non-s****** way, and sing the damn songs.  I guess he really was trying to be energetic and he might have even been nervous.  

Watching Cam presser....not good. Not good at all. I mean I know its a tough tough loss and emotions are high but jeez, all the good will he MAY have built this year just flew out the window. His one word answers and then to just walk off. Not good.

I didn't see the presser, but that's disappointing.  He'll get flamed for it tomorrow, and that's too bad.  He and the Panthers had a great year.  Somebody had to win.  Somebody had to lose.   

Edited by Ohwell

I imagine Odell Beckham was happy with Josh Norman crying.

Oddball Super Bowl…almost like an old-school one.  Commercials sucked although I liked the movie-related stuff.

Denver’s defense is an all-time great one.  They were ferocious tonight.  Hats off to Von Miller, Ware, Wade Phillips and the rest of the defense.  I’m happy for Peyton, even if he didn’t have the best game.

Carolina was screwed big-time on that catch.  It was 100% a catch.  Cotchery had possession throughout and it never hit the ground.  WTF were the refs looking at?  It reminded me of when the Giants played the Packers in the divisional round a few years ago.  The Giants completely stripped the Packers off the ball and the refs ruled the Packers player knee was down.  The instant replay showed that the Giants absolutely did force a fumble before the Packer player’s knee was down and the refs STILL refused to rule it a fumble.  The NFL stood by them too, showing again what a joke they are.  Thankfully it didn’t stop the Giants from winning the game and later the Super Bowl but that play still annoys me to this day.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

Great, we're back to petulant Cam.   He needs to learn how to lose gracefully.   Being excited about winning is easy.   Living with losing is the Cleveland Browns, I mean much harder.

Aqib Talib was so excited he fell of the NFL Network set.  He bounced back up just fine.  All the adrenaline.   But he'll be feeling it tomorrow.

• Love 4

The catch or not-catch had literally no bearing on the outcome of this game. 

I understand what you're saying, and don't disagree in the sense that that one call was not the reason the Panthers lost, they lost because they threw up all over themselves on national TV...BUT it's impossible to say that play had no bearing on the game. For all we know, in some alternate universe, it was ruled a catch, the Panthers drove to score a TD, and that's a 14-point swing that could have drastically affected the outcome of the game. It was a big play both for the score and for momentum.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

I give Cam a pass. Of course the media won't. They live for this stuff. HA!

Anyway, he's very young. This is his first super bowl and a tough loss. He'll live. We all will. And he'll learn from this experience and handle it better next time, if there is a next time.

• Love 8