Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I don't hate Coldplay, but I'm trying to think of a blander, less offensive band they could've chosen and I'm coming up empty.

One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, 5th Harmony, Maroon 5, Train.

I love the colors on the stage, but I don't ever want to see Coldplay playing live on TV ever again. Its also somewhat of a miracle that Beyonce didn't suck for a change, though I'm not interested in her upcoming tour. Bruno Mars was amazing as usual. He will never be as epic like Michael Jackson, but he is always fun to watch.

Now, we need Cam Newton & the Panthers to get themselves together.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

I don't hate Coldplay, but I'm trying to think of a blander, less offensive band they could've chosen and I'm coming up empty.

Maroon 5? I'm pretty sure they'll be asked if The Voice is still a thing by the time it's NBC's turn to show the Super Bowl again.

Cotchery has dropped a couple of balls today. He needs to help his qb.

So the stars are aligning for Peyton...is this what this is? Turnovers, dropped balls, bad calls by the refs, and now missed field goal, which yeah still only the 3rd quarter has got to be heartbreaking nevertheless. Points are not coming easy, gotta grab them when you can.

Edited by FuriousStyles

Even in their loss, Carolina didn't look this bad.

Another turnover.

Hubby & I can't decide on MVP. Broncos field goal kicker?

If the Broncos win maybe it will go to Von Miller. He's done a nice job tonight along with the rest of the Broncos defense.

• Love 1

After the first quarter, this just isn't a good football game. And you can't say, well it's really good defense. There have been some good open field tackles. There a lot of just not good offense execution.

Anyone who uses Queen as a commercial should be shot on sight.

• Love 2

Not imported? Budweiser is working so hard to hide the fact that they are now a Belgian based company owned by a Brazilian group.

Budweiser - we've been making shitty beer since 1876.  Why stop now...

• Love 4

Carolina's best shot at getting a TD right now may be defensively. Maybe someone will intercept Peyton and get one that way. They just aren't able to really get anything offensively. Maybe their defense will help save them.

I don't mean to be a bag, but I'm watching the game on my own. What's everyone's first Superbowl? Mine was the Raiders over the Redskins, when Marcus Allen ran all over the place. 

I don't think one has to award MVP it to one player. In the Pats undefeated season, the Giants DL was clearly the MVP. Eli got lucky. 

I don't think one has to award MVP it to one player. In the Pats undefeated season, the Giants DL was clearly the MVP. Eli got lucky. 

• Love 1

Sheep are the best commercial so far!

Okay, but the commercial with Seal (born 1963, and in a part of the world that only recently even started to care about American football) as a "Superbowl baby" had to be the worst (Superbowl I = 1967, by the way).
  • Love 1

I don't mean to be a bag, but I'm watching the game on my own. What's everyone's first Superbowl? Mine was the Raiders over the Redskins, when Marcus Allen ran all over the place. 

The first one I remember was the BALTIMORE Colts losing to the Jets.  It was awful.  And yet, I kept coming back.

We won't mention that it was the same season the O's lost to the Mets.  Oops, I just mentioned that.  Sigh.......

Good lord this is an ugly game. I'm praying Denver goes down but it doesn't look good.

No Clydesdales? Fuck you Budweiser. Even the commercials suck this year! Although the hotdog dogs were adorable and the Snickers Willem Dafoe commercials standout among the suckage as not sucking.

You can only rely on your defense for so much though. Manning needs to put together a sustained drive and take time off the clock and give those guys a rest!

Even if you only drive down for 5 minutes and get an FG.

• Love 1