Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Fire Signs

• Start Topic

On a funny note "Youre waving at no one"

That will be nominated for best tagline at next year's rhawards. Good one Jim

For real though.  Who was she waving at?  A camera man? A crew member?  Or, if it really was nobody, why was she waving?  I need answers, dammit!

• Love 3

For real though.  Who was she waving at?  A camera man? A crew member?  Or, if it really was nobody, why was she waving?  I need answers, dammit!

Cause the cameras were on her, and she wanted to make it look like people at the party were waving at her/ glad to see her, or some shiz.  She wasn't waving to the cameras, but she was waving *for* the cameras, to make herself look popular.  

• Love 15

Sooooo did anyone else think Shannon was already pretty drunk when she showed up to dinner with Meghan and Heather?

Sadly, yes. Shannon is an interesting character, very funny in her interviews but also fragile and stressed - really hope she doesn't have a serious drinking problem but sometimes it looks like she might.
  • Love 3

So Shannon told Heather and Meghan that Vicki asked her for help when Brooks was diagnosed.

Vicki told Tamra that she did not ask Shannon for help.

Who's lying?  And why?

Both might be telling the truth.  I can easily see Vicki having one of her meltdowns when Brooks told her that he had cancer.  She would have called or visited Shannon and, while weeping and making it all about her, asked Shannon if there was anything she could do to help.  Shannon seems like a decently nice person who will do anything to help a person in need (just a feeling that I get, YMMV) and she went the distance for Vicki.  Of course, Vicki is now fully Team Brooks and if he says that he doesn't want anyone's help, then Vicki is going to "forget" that she ever pleaded for it. 

I personally don't think Shannon was drunk when she showed up for the lunch.  The alcohol that she had probably hit her hard because she's dieting, though.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 10

Sooooo did anyone else think Shannon was already pretty drunk when she showed up to dinner with Meghan and Heather?

To me, it appeared they held her away from the table and out of camera range so Meghan and Heather could have their talk about the brat having the 200 person party.  I think Shannon looked guarded and decided to see where the conversation was going before saying much of anything. Her big contribution seemed to be two flat tires story.   Anytime a RH is a late arrival it is a pretty good sign that usually they are the one being talked about or there is some special brand  of hell waiting for them.

• Love 3

I agree that Tamra's scenes with her mom and Ryan weren't the most riveting television, but I really appreciated seeing some family scenes instead of the show being 100% fake parties/lunches. I miss those family moments that used to be so prominently featured.

I laughed when Terry asked Shannon if it was her birthday and she said, "It was, a long time ago" and then leaned close to his ear and murmured, "It's just an excuse for a party, Terry."

Tamra yelling at Brooks was lame. It was blatantly clear that that whole thing was producer driven. She wasn't genuinely upset, Vicki wasn't upset, Brooks wasn't upset, the rest of the cast was scattered around the perimeter passively taking in the scene ... it was just SO boring. I think the producers were dismayed that the talk between Vicki, Brooks, Meghan, and Jim wasn't a screeching showdown, so they sicced Tamra on Brooks over a dumb minor comment to "make sparks" (™TheView).

Edited by canter
  • Love 9
There has never been a more stupid premise than an Aries party. Ever.

I actually kinda liked it.  I thought that dragon in the pool was awesome, and then there seemed to be the Asian-inspired drinks and food...I thought it was cool. I liked it a lot better than the sex party.  (That sushi covered lady?  Eww!) I thought it was creative.  We all know these women are required to host some bullshit parties of some sort, and I thought this was one was quite pretty.  Tamra's behavior really did detract from the ambience. 

• Love 15

If a Meghan type ever did "research" on me and my private life, she'd find a Jim Edmonds autograph bat shoved straight up her shaggy ass.  Even if this business is totally scripted, it's an awful idea.  

Meghan, you did so much doodling with her hair and all she did was sweep it to the side into a ponytail?  Plus, and ugly ponytail at that.  

To be honest, I'm glad the former girlfriend of Brooks called Meghan out.  She has no business digging into anyone's past life.  Perhaps Vicki should plow into Jim's past and bring up all the ball bouncing groupies that he's picked up in bars over the years when he was a player.  

• Love 12

Both might be telling the truth.  I can easily see Vicki having one of her meltdowns when Brooks told her that he had cancer.  She would have called or visited Shannon and, while weeping and making it all about her, asked Shannon if there was anything she could do to help.  Shannon seems like a decently nice person who will do anything to help a person in need (just a feeling that I get, YMMV) and she went the distance for Vicki.  Of course, Vicki is now fully Team Brooks and if he says that he doesn't want anyone's help, then Vicki is going to "forget" that she ever pleaded for it. 

I personally don't think Shannon was drunk when she showed up for the lunch.  The alcohol that she had probably hit her hard because she's dieting, though.

I think it will be a matter of perception thing between Shannon and Vicki. Vicki may not have said-Shannon please help us but she may have said Shannon do you know anybody in the field. I think Vicki was good to go with the help until Shannon had her "assertive" conversation with Vicki at the bowling alley about sugar and fruit smoothies.  I don't think Vicki counted on the follow up on Shannon's part after the referral.  Maybe Shannon was a little too successful getting Brooks in right away.

• Love 7

I think tamra divorcing Simon ended all interesting day to day stuff for tamra...though her being a grandma earlier in the season made her almost human.

Next season will be about Ryan disputing paternity.  Then at long last Tamra will have a storyline.

• Love 5

I continue to be happy that Jim does not get screamy and vicious helping Meghan fight her battles.  Eddie is actually good about this too.  I used to cringe with how nasty Slade was to Vicki.  Yes, Vicki certainly does dish it out, but Slade went below the belt with his cruelty about her looks.

• Love 15

I can't believe Ryan's baby mama is uprooting her three kids and everything they know to be closer to Tamra.  I know, I know... the woman has bad judgment but that is really spectacularly bad judgment. 

I think of Vicki and Brooks like Phoebe Tyler and Langley Wallingford on All My Children.  Sure, she knows he's a con man but she doesn't care.  He makes her happy.  The end.  Why everybody is out to expose Brooks is beyond me. 

Jim doesn't respect Megan one iota.  I can see why.

• Love 17

If a Meghan type ever did "research" on me and my private life, she'd find a Jim Edmonds autograph bat shoved straight up her shaggy ass.  Even if this business is totally scripted, it's an awful idea.  

Meghan, you did so much doodling with her hair and all she did was sweep it to the side into a ponytail?  Plus, and ugly ponytail at that.  

To be honest, I'm glad the former girlfriend of Brooks called Meghan out.  She has no business digging into anyone's past life.  Perhaps Vicki should plow into Jim's past and bring up all the ball bouncing groupies that he's picked up in bars over the years when he was a player.  

I'm actually a little surprised the ex-gf gave Brooks the heads up.  Maybe she was so skeeved out by Meghan's stalking that it overcame any acrimony she felt towards Brooks.

• Love 8

Shannon's pool. Is it just me or did it look small? Is it a lap pool?  Adrienne Maloof's pool looked like a fun place for kids pool parties, cannonball jumps and beach balls. The Beador house is a gillion square feet and a small pool like that? They have 3 kids right? Who will want friends over and pool parties? Was it partially covered? Are there 2 pools? Is it a pool just for the master suite occupants???.??..?

• Love 7

I think Shannon might have been thinking about her situation with the girl code breaking thing. Like imagining a friend of hers befriending "the affair" which would definitely qualify as breaking girl code. That said, LeAnn and Meghan have a spouse between them, so it's not that big of a deal. Meghan came along way later and after LeAnn was already settled into a whole new life. Meghan was probably being born when Jimmy and LeAnn were married. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

I think Shannon might have been thinking about her situation with the girl code breaking thing. Like imagining a friend of hers befriending "the affair" which would definitely qualify as breaking girl code. That said, LeAnn and Meghan have a spouse between them, so it's not that big of a deal. Meghan came along way later and after LeAnn was already settled into a whole new life. Meghan was probably being born when Jimmy and LeAnn were married. 

I'm probably confused, but I thought the issue wasn't about Heather being friends with LeAnn and Meghan, but Heather being friends with both Meghan and Jim's second wife (sorry, I can't remember her name).

• Love 6

I don't think it was a put down; I think Shannon does think Heather being friends with both wives isn't right.  I'm not going to project what I think Shannon intentions were because I don't think they were that nefarious.  And I don't really see any problem with Shannon saying this, because to some extent I agree with the sentiment, but YMMV about this; I do think it is odd to be friends with both wives.

However, I think it is obvious that Tamra exaggerated the situation purely to cause trouble.  Heather even questioned Tamra about it and Tamra knew she was caught in lie and backed down.  At least that is how I remember it.

Edited to say:  What Shannon said about Heather wasn't a complement, but it was certainly not as negative as Tamra made it out to be.

What Heather said was Shannon said she was a horrible human being and Tamra said, "no she didn't."  Again I question why Tamra had to carry any tales back to anyone-there was really nothing horrible said.  Shannon basically said it violates girl code.  I wonder if Shannon knew that Allison had moved back to St, Louis?  I think that would have negated any mention of her.

• Love 2

So Shannon told Heather and Meghan that Vicki asked her for help when Brooks was diagnosed.

Who's lying?  And why?

Vicki is lying IMO and doing it intentionally as well. I think she was fine asking if Shannon knew any Dr.'s that could help Brooks but once Brooks said NO about that Dr., Vicki was fine with it. She doesn't want Shannon to keep asking why Brooks never did follow through with that Dr. because it furthers the questions the others are asking. So she denies asking for help and tries to make it look like Shannon is overstepping her place to keep us from asking as well. It is, Smoke and Mirrors 101 and Vicki is THE HW Master at it.

• Love 11
I have to admit, I did love the part of the confrontation between Brooks and Meghan, when Meghan turned to Vicki and said, "You said I was a terrible person." And Vicki, nodded, and said, "You are.", like, duh.  It was so beautifully calm and straight-faced that I think it was the first time ever that I sincerely enjoyed Vicki.

Yes.  Vicki does have a knack for that, and I love it as well.  At the construction site luncheon, or was it the sex party (?), Meghan kept saying, "It just blows my mind that Brooks wouldn't pursue treatment..." blah, blah, blah, but Vicki's response was, "Well, don't let it blow your mind..." 

• Love 15

Oh my yes, Ryan does resemble Hans from The Burbs!! I have thought that for years! I loved the movie too, I've seen it several times.

I definitely knew Jim Edmonds was a ball player. He was a big deal in St. Louis and I don't even live there. I used to watch some baseball, mostly National league, so I was familiar with him.

Heather wearing those leeches on her ears at Shannon's party was just wrong!

• Love 4

The Aries party set up was probably one of my favorites from any of the housewives show. I love the decorations, the presentation of the food and the drgon in the pool!

I thought it was ridiculous when Tamra tells her mom that her outfit is inappropriate for her age. Wha?? Her mom will always look more appropriate than her. She does look like she reeks of smoke though.

Tamra's boobs are just gross, I bet she has so much scar tissue from repeated operations.

The conversation with Ryan was disturbing. Sounds like he's gonna bail on his family. It's gonna be a shit show next season when this goes down. I feel so bad for those kids.

• Love 8

Ok I know Im in the minority but raise your hand if you're sick of the faux-Nancy Drew with this cancer crap??

We know Crooks is a liar and a fraud. We know Vicki is delusional as hell.

But what pissing me off about Meghan, she wants to be right so bad she dragging the whole cast and Jim all in it! She needs a damn hobby or job.

Can you imagine if she had put this much effort into trying to find a way to get Hayley to go to school or do her homework or chores?

• Love 16

I can't get over the way Meghan is so blasé about what she did... she is quite open about chasing down Brooks' ex who commented on a blog.... open about the lengths she went to contact said ex... open about calling the Dr's office... open about pretending to have cancer for that phone call. Meghan is happy to discuss all of her bedazzled headband wearing super hero activity so openly. No uncomfortableness about her actions when being confronted by Brooks and Vicki!

It's her attitude about what she did, rather than why, that gets to me. Blows. My. Mind.

(ps. Dear Grammar Police, I know what an ellipsis is, and what it means, and when one should use it. I, however, use it with reckless abandon in my own way. Maybe I'm more like Meghan than I realise? Oh dear.)

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 16

Cause the cameras were on her, and she wanted to make it look like people at the party were waving at her/ glad to see her, or some shiz. She wasn't waving to the cameras, but she was waving *for* the cameras, to make herself look popular.

How is that working for you Megan?
  • Love 4

Out of a lot of things that upset me in this ep,  oh and there were a lot, were Tamra referring to "your guys-es" party in the same scene as the Christmas Saran Wrap Red skirt that Lizzie had shrink wrapped to her hips/thighs.

There has never been a more stupid premise than an Aries party. Ever.

Perhaps most diabolical pure evil incarnate line delivery ever in the HW franchise was when Meghan responded to Vicki's suggestion of becoming an Oncologist "maybe I will". I rewound it three times it was Satan delivery followed by her smirk. Teen summer camp slasher movie, Lifetime Tori Spelling, Evil Queen from Sleeping beauty material.

Brooks did the right thing confronting her in a group, and in front of her husband. She'd be all butthurt and crying if he'd given her a hard time without a man present. Running to Tamballs immediately and that huddle? Pay attention Vicki! They are so awful.

Too much funny about Jimmy & Eddie. In the convo w, the 3rd guy (forget which house husband) those 2 only had eyes for each other,  it was wild!

I think that Bravo and 'the girls' are running out of new vacation destinations and theme parties. Sex theme, Mexican theme, Horoscope theme and now they're really running out of ideas for parties to film. I can suggest some great ideas for some novel parties for the next season. How about a 'homeless person' party. They can all dress up like street people carrying "I'll work for food" cardboard signs. That might be fun. Maybe a 'Transformer" theme where they all come in an assortment of cardboard boxes painted like racing cars or animals and when they crouch down it looks like a car and when they stand it looks like a super-hero. Bravo should hire me, I have some novel ideas for theme parties for these rich, bored women

• Love 3

I think Meghan is doing all this sleuthing for the viewers. She's going to get to the truth for all of us! And she's going to do it in the name of JUSTICE! Seriously though, I do think she is doing all this to play to the audience. She's an experienced reality show participator. As mentioned up thread, she's very familiar with the show and players. I'm sure she reads forums. She knows Brooks is not well liked by many, she's seen the way Vicki treats the newbies. I'm sure she thinks she has everyone's number and she's giving the audience what they want.

• Love 9

I think Meghan is doing all this sleuthing for the viewers. She's going to get to the truth for all of us! And she's going to do it in the name of JUSTICE! Seriously though, I do think she is doing all this to play to the audience. She's an experienced reality show participator. As mentioned up thread, she's very familiar with the show and players. I'm sure she reads forums. She knows Brooks is not well liked by many, she's seen the way Vicki treats the newbies. I'm sure she thinks she has everyone's number and she's giving the audience what they want.

I wonder how she feels now that she sees what the viewers really think of her

.. I can just see Andy at the reunion now.."... And this from @fedup in Cincinnati: "Shut up Meghan!"

• Love 11

I can't get over the way Meghan is so blasé about what she did... she is quite open about chasing down Brooks' ex who commented on a blog.... open about the lengths she went to contact said ex... open about calling the Dr's office... open about pretending to have cancer for that phone call. Meghan is happy to discuss all of her bedazzled headband wearing super hero activity so openly. No uncomfortableness about her actions when being confronted by Brooks and Vicki!

It's her attitude about what she did, rather than why, that gets to me. Blows. My. Mind.

(ps. Dear Grammar Police, I know what an ellipsis is, and what it means, and when one should use it. I, however, use it with reckless abandon in my own way. Maybe I'm more like Meghan than I realise? Oh dear.)

Not to defend Meghan, because I can find nothing thus far to like about her, but she says in her blog that she is extremely embarrassed about contacting Brook's ex-girlfriend. Could be just the heat she has gotten this season, but I will give her points for at least admitting to that.

• Love 6

According to Tamra Judge who was a guest on What What Happens Live! last night, Tamra told Andy Cohen that it was Brooks that broke it off with Vicki. But rumors have recently surfaced that the couple is talking again. And it would make much more sense for them to be rekindling the relationship if Vicki wasn't the one to pull the plug.

I've never doubted that Brooks Ayers has cancer.The reason a lot of people make the decision to forego any further aggressive chemotherapy is usually because it simply just doesn't have a positive effect on a lot of different types of cancers. Chemotherapy in itself is something that's so awful, so debilitating that some people die from the chemo before their cancer takes them. People that turn to alternative medicine are usually those that conventional medicine is unable to treat further. I know that Brooks Ayers physical appearance has changed dramatically in the past few years. He appears to have lost a lot of weight and his face is pale and drawn looking. I can't even imagine the most horrible person that ever lived might fake cancer in order to.....to what?  To gain sympathy? To get attention? Why would anyone, especially on a reality show, fake cancer? It's a sure thing that the truth will prevail eventually and people would be condemned and hated. It would make them out to be the most vile, deceitful and horrible person in the world.

Oh Meghan, you're lame, nobody likes you. Go away now, shoo shoo.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 19

Who's lying?  And why?

Shannon is clear in her blog that Vicki absolutely asked her for help. She said that she is the type that would have been investigating treament options regardless, but that Vicki specifically asked her to help.

• Love 6

Going back to the money for the deposit. I think Tamra wanted Ryan & Sarah to move back to Orange County for filming. They probably said we'll do it but you need to help us out financially. Since Tamra can't film with her other kids she was probably happy to do it. She makes plenty from this show and is probably trying to write it off as a business expense or some other dumb shit. At least Ryan recognized that meeting/impregnating/marrying some chick with issues and 3 kids thru instagram was a dumb move.

I still can't believe with the stuff Tamra gets away with on the show. Even now that the episodes are airing and Vicki is seeing all the stir the pot-ness she's chummy chummy with Tamra? Something's off.

I have no doubt that Vicks and Brooks will be getting back together if they haven't already.

• Love 8

Shannon is clear in her blog that Vicki absolutely asked her for help. She said that she is the type that would have been investigating treament options regardless, but that Vicki specifically asked her to help.

I believe that Vicki clarified that in last night's episode (or last week) when she said that 'yes' she did come to Shannon to tell her about Brooks and Shannon offered help in the way of referring Brooks to a holistic specialist. She also said that Brooks didn't want to go in the direction that Shannon was recommending and wanted to follow the recommendations of his own oncology team. This is Brooks' cancer, not Vicki's and no matter who Vickie goes to for help or suggestions, the bottom line is that this is Brooks battle, not Vicki's even though she's only trying to help.

Just to be clear about the 'no cancer' statement by the psychic, it was Scott Cruz who said "I have a wishy-washy thing on that ... the cancer issue … I just don't see it."  To me that says, that Cruz didn't commit either way about cancer, he was completely ambiguous. It was Tamra that jumped to the conclusion by saying "He doesn't have cancer?" to which Cruz replied ""It's very possible,"

Yes, it was very possible because Cruz wouldn't know Brooks Ayers from a pumpkin and knows nothing about his medical history. So the entire story about 'Brooks doesn't have cancer!!' was completely and entirely fabricated and contrived in order to start trouble and as usual, Tamra Judge is right there to push it along and make it all larger than life.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

Tamra's boobs are just gross, I bet she has so much scar tissue from repeated operations.

The conversation with Ryan was disturbing. Sounds like he's gonna bail on his family. It's gonna be a shit show next season when this goes down. I feel so bad for those kids.

I saw Tamra on WWHL.  Wow.  Her breasts are too close together and she has excessive pulling on the left one.  The implants are too large for her body/the opening.  They look painful.  I usually don't care but I couldn't stop staring at them.  I think I had nightmares.  

Not only does it sound like Ragey Ryan is going to walk away from his family, Tamra is encouraging him to do so.  What a sleazy pair they are.  she probably thinks her precious angel is too good for anyone who would have him when the real issue is why in the heck would anyone want him.  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 7

I wonder how she feels now that she sees what the viewers really think of her

.. I can just see Andy at the reunion now.."... And this from @fedup in Cincinnati: "Shut up Meghan!"

In her last couple of blogs, she has been trying to spin her comments as well as back peddling a bit, so I think she is well aware that most viewers find her behavior unacceptable and indefensible. Now, as unlikeable as she is and as bad as her behavior is, so was Tamra's (it continues to be) and yet, Tamra is still here and is making big money, second only to Vicki as far as the OC HWs are concerned if paycheck reports/rumors are to be believed, so she may not be too worried about viewer feedback.

According to Tamra Judge who was a guest on What What Happens Live! last night, Tamra told Andy Cohen that it was Brooks that broke it off with Vicki. But rumors have recently surfaced that the couple is talking again. And it would make much more sense for them to be rekindling the relationship if Vicki wasn't the one to pull the plug.

I've never doubted that Brooks Ayers has cancer.The reason a lot of people make the decision to forego any further aggressive chemotherapy is usually because it simply just doesn't have a positive effect on a lot of different types of cancers. Chemotherapy in itself is something that's so awful, so debilitating that some people die from the chemo before their cancer takes them. People that turn to alternative medicine are usually those that conventional medicine is unable to treat further. I know that Brooks Ayers physical appearance has changed dramatically in the past few years. He appears to have lost a lot of weight and his face is pale and drawn looking. I can't even imagine the most horrible person that ever lived might fake cancer in order to.....to what?  To gain sympathy? To get attention? Why would anyone, especially on a reality show, fake cancer? It's a sure thing that the truth will prevail eventually and people would be condemned and hated. It would make them out to be the most vile, deceitful and horrible person in the world.

Oh Meghan, you're lame, nobody likes you. Go away now, shoo shoo.

Vicki and Brooks have broken up several times, including when the lawsuits against both of them were filed (Vicki's Vodka). Brooks pretty much won his just a week or so ago and Vicki's is coming up soon, so I suspect as soon as that is done and the reunion is finished filming, they will get back together.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

My father had NHL, like Brooks, although Dad was 80. It was in a lung, abnd although I went to Dr appts with him and his first chemo he pretty much breezed through it and took himself for the remaining chemo. Fortunately he went into remission.

However, the effects of the chemo got him 6 years later.

If Brooks has NLH (several times) imo it is his business and his decision to make as far as treatment. Just like women say they have the right to make their decisions for their bodys - men do as well.

I really don't think it was Brooks decision to make HIS cancer the premise of this crappy season. And how dare those housewives that barrage him about it!

Satan Andy as well as Vicki should have stopped this from the get-go.

• Love 11