Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Fire Signs

• Start Topic

Also, who follows their mother on a blind date? Not just Tamra, but Ryan as well? That was creepy and unnecessary.

It was completely creepy but also completely necessary to gain a few more minutes of camera time.

And regarding the above poster who mentioned that Jim must be good at prenups by now; if he isn't I'm betting dollars to donuts that his lawyers are.

• Love 8

When Ryan threw out the "Eddie's not my father!" line, I bet that Tamra was thinking that three of Sarah's kids aren't her grandkids. She's only ever talked about Ava as her grandchild. I guess she could be worried about infringing on the other grandmas' territory, but it's something that I've always noticed. Given the Radar articles about Sarah with oddly-specific information, I don't think Tamra is in Sarah's corner. I'm not sure that Ryan is since he seemed frustrated by the fact that Sarah has kids he said things were great when they first met bu then the reality of her having three children hadn't sunk in. I feel bad for her kids. Who knows how many times they've been moved around.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? Maybe a step-grandmother can provide some insight?

I have a friend whose mother has never formally accepted my friend's stepchildren (who were like 5 and 8 when my friend remarried). They adore their step-grandmother and she enjoys spending time with them, but she doesn't treat them the same way she treats my friend's bio children. I don't even know if she realizes the difference in how she treats the children. I assume that Tamra is the same way in that way she sees Ava as her grandchild, and the other kids as Sarah's.

I definitely feel for the kids. I wonder how much of the abuse they've witnessed.

• Love 5

Those games made me cry but the one that really got to me was when Neil Diamond surprised Boston after the bombing by showing up at Fenway singing Sweet Caroline.

I agree. There's a time and place for Red Sox vs Yankee trash talk but this isn't it.

We were only bringing it up because someone commented that they didn't know Jimmy Edmonds but mentioned other Yankees players that were well known...then someone replied to that comment and said in so many words that there are more players that are well known besides them "Bankees" fans. Again, I took all those comments in good fun, because that's the way I see them. Yes, the first Yankees game after 9/11 and the first Red Sox game after the Patriots day Boston bombing clearly demonstrates that it's a rivalry coming from love of baseball and country. Yankees sucks is just a joke and there's no harm meant by the comments IMO.

It's like the housewives. We all have our favorites. I trash talk Tamra & Meghan, but I don't truly "hate" them, but I do think their behavior sucks!! And...I can't stand the word sucks, so you will never hear that word come out of my mouth for real. Someone was just trying to say Meghan may think Jimmy is so famous and privileged with those goodies like behind the scenes NASCAR tickets, but he's no Babe Ruth. I have had 3 complimentary Nascar behind the scenes courtesy tours just like the one we saw on RHOC, among other things...and we are not famous. It's no big deal and when he licked his fingers in two scenes I thought, YIKES.

Apologies if it bothered you, it certainly wasn't meant to offend.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6

I have to agree with Grifter Brooks the only thing worse than lying about having cancer is accusing someone of lying about having cancer.

I don't, not really. I think the lengths Meghan is going to are crazy and evil. The point Heather and Shannon are at where they are admitting that there are things that have given them occasion to question if Brooks and Vicki are being completely honest? Nah, that's not even close. I was in that position once where I said "she's lied about so many things, I don't really believe her about this diagnosis." This was after said grifter had cornered me at a party and spent 20 minutes telling me about how much she likes to play mind games with people. At first my comment got a lot of pear clutching...until a bunch of other people started having doubts. To this day I have no idea what the truth is. It's possible, she was ill. It's possible she wasn't. Sometimes if you spend your life being a crappy person then people don't give you the benefit of the doubt when maybe they should.

However! I made 1 comment and apologized for it when grifter got upset about. Then I let the whole thing go. Meghan is just nuts.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

The way Megan acts when she is with Jimmy is also very revealing. She seems to be intimidated by him. 

I have a co-worker who is a very pretty woman, but has had nothing but very short term boyfriends in the 10 years that we've worked together.  I finally figured out why one day when I overheard her on the phone with her then current boyfriend.  She was playing stupid and giggling like a school girl at everything he said.  That is SO NOT this person.  She is far more on the bitch side of the scale than the sweet side.  It all made sense then - she can only maintain the girly girl facade for so long and when that cracks they break up.

All this to say - I think Meghan probably acted like some nice, no drama, I-like-sports-and-drinking-beers-and-just-hanging-out low maintenance girl when she met Jim.  And she snared him.  And now her shit stirring ways are coming out and he feels tricked.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 10

We were only bringing it up because someone commented that they didn't know Jimmy Edmonds but mentioned other Yankees players that were well known...then someone replied to that comment and said in so many words that there are more players that are well known besides them "Bankees" fans. Again, I took all those comments in good fun, because that's the way I see them. Yes, the first Yankees game after 9/11 and the first Red Sox game after the Patriots day Boston bombing clearly demonstrates that it's a rivalry coming from love of baseball and country. Yankees sucks is just a joke and there's no harm meant by the comments IMO.

It's like the housewives. We all have our favorites. I trash talk Tamra & Meghan, but I don't truly "hate" them, but I do think their behavior sucks!! And...I can't stand the word sucks, so you will never hear that word come out of my mouth for real. Someone was just trying to say Meghan may think Jimmy is so famous and privileged with those goodies like behind the scenes NASCAR tickets, but he's no Babe Ruth. I have had 3 complimentary Nascar behind the scenes courtesy tours just like the one we saw on RHOC, among other things...and we are not famous. It's no big deal and when he licked his fingers in two scenes I thought, YIKES.

Apologies if it bothered you, it certainly wasn't meant to offend.

I read your post as it was intended so I agree on all points! Something jogged my old memory of doing that Nascar deal. That driver Danica picked my normal housewife ass up in a golf cart in the parking lot! LOL! So bite me Megan! 

• Love 6

IKnowRight, Alonzo, marry me, my darlings! No one ever remembers The Burbs, but ever since Ryan started sporting that beard, all I see is Hans.

As sleazy as Brooks is, I'll always be on his side if Tamra is on the other. She's just that gross to me. She pulled this same kind of crap on Jim, the smelly dork, but he shut her completely down. Of course she tried to spin it like she was just so intimidating that Jim was afraid and ran away from her.

Hee! That man walked completely through Ryan as if Ryan was George Bailey watching the world as if he'd never been born. And then he tried to play it off like, "Oh I like this guy. See you grandma. You guys have fun. Bye!" While grandma and her date are completely nonplussed.

Ha ha ha! LOVED the Burbs, Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Henry Gibson..one of my all time faves! Hey, you also reminded me that not only does Ryan look like Hans, but we can use one of the lines to apply to icky Vicki and Tamra on practically every episode. Remember when Bruce Dern's character says to Uncle Reuben:

"That's about a 9 on the tension scale there, Rube!!" Applies perfectly to every HW blow up.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

Man, I can't STAND Brooks. But I was actually on his side tonight. I appreciated his approaching Meghan and Jim and asking for a sit-down. And I actually enjoyed the calm conversation they had. It's so unusual for any of the Housewives to have a confrontation in a civilized manner! He actually didn't look great either, I thought his face really showed a weight loss.
I can't help it, I mostly like Shannon. She's such a nerd and a dweeb, she kind of reminds me of myself. Lord except I hope I am not as miserable/grudge holding as she is. 

• Love 13

IMO, it was Vicki that twisted the "challenge" comment into something else when SHE told Tamra. Then Tamra relayed that information to Meghan the way Vicki said/intended it.

I have to ask because I have seen a number of people call Ryan this bit I am not sure why. Why do some refer to Tamra's son as "Rapey Ryan"?

"Challenging" was all that the producers showed us Vicki say, after the big fight between Vicki & Meghan at the silly sex party. Perhaps Vicki would not have brought it up if Megan wasn't getting in her face. So, from what we were shown, we don't hear her say "not good" we just hear "challenging." IMO that was what Vicki was insinuating because of the comments she yelled at Jimmy about their marriage...its Vicki. Of course, Tamra relays this to Meghan with her twist of words. The real question is, why does Tamra pass off her dirty work to the other women, especially Megan.

I didn't coin the term Rapey Ryan, I've seen it here and in several comments on housewife articles over the years. I believe it originated from the Naked Wasted episode which was just revolting. He was all too creepy with Gretchen and crazy enough to behave in such a way on camera. Plus, his creepy demeanor. He could be living in mom's basement forever.

• Love 2

I hated the way Meghan was standing off to the side, sipping her drink and watching Tamra go on a tirade and attacking Brooks.  Tamra, by the way, was just waiting for the opportunity to pounce on Brooks.  "Consider the source" was oh so offensive to our dear sweet innocent Tamra.   I can't believe Vicki didn't just grab Brooks and leave.  She's done it before, and in my opinion, the scene Tamra made was warranted a Vicki/Brooks walkout more than say, Brooks' birthday dinner with the Beadors. 

• Love 8

Eddie FOR THE WIN! His expressions eating while watching the fighting were amazing. I love him in every episode. I also loved the scene of the guys laughing about Terry's text, "what children?" Watching all the guys get along while the women peck each other to death is so awesome. 

On to the other stuff. Meghan is way out of line. I despise Brooks but he handled that confrontation well. He does have a point about boundaries and she really had no answer for it. I think Meghan is super out of line.

It doesn't matter who actually said that two of four months were challenging, "consider the source" is a negative put down. Period. Still though Tamra was acting insane. 

I think it's interesting that Heather and Shannon are now coming out and saying how hard it is to support them blindly when these small things keep coming up to make the overall picture murky. 

Also, Tamra's mom had full makeup on when she came into the kitchen to get her makeup done - even pink lipstick.

• Love 4

As a life long Yankee Fan I appreciate the nice words from Red Sox fans. Both Yankee fans and Red Sox fans can agree on one thing.

Nobody cares about Jim Edmonds and the St Louis Cardinals! That's the National Leauge and we call agree that the National Leauge sucks!

• Love 7

"Challenging" was all that the producers showed us Vicki say, after the big fight between Vicki & Meghan at the silly sex party. Perhaps Vicki would not have brought it up if Megan wasn't getting in her face. So, from what we were shown, we don't hear her say "not good" we just hear "challenging." IMO that was what Vicki was insinuating because of the comments she yelled at Jimmy about their marriage...its Vicki. Of course, Tamra relays this to Meghan with her twist of words. The real question is, why does Tamra pass off her dirty work to the other women, especially Megan.

I didn't coin the term Rapey Ryan, I've seen it here and in several comments on housewife articles over the years. I believe it originated from the Naked Wasted episode which was just revolting. He was all too creepy with Gretchen and crazy enough to behave in such a way on camera. Plus, his creepy demeanor. He could be living in mom's basement forever.

I think this, only showing Vicki tell Tamra, was a producer set up. We have no idea what Brooks told Vicki or what Tamra told to Meghan either and I do believe that Vicki was intent on making it seem like Jim was complaining that his/Meghan's marriage was in crisis after only 2 months of marriage whether or not Brooks told her that.

I thought that was why people were referring to Ryan as "Rapey" but I wasn't completely sure and thought maybe I missed someone outing that he either tried to rape or did rape someone as a teen.

I hated the way Meghan was standing off to the side, sipping her drink and watching Tamra go on a tirade and attacking Brooks.  Tamra, by the way, was just waiting for the opportunity to pounce on Brooks.  "Consider the source" was oh so offensive to our dear sweet innocent Tamra.   I can't believe Vicki didn't just grab Brooks and leave.  She's done it before, and in my opinion, the scene Tamra made was warranted a Vicki/Brooks walkout more than say, Brooks' birthday dinner with the Beadors. 

You mean just like Vicki watched Meghan go over to Tamra and fill her in? LOL  IMO, no matter how you cut it, Brooks did not say "consider the source" as a compliment, it was said as a dig/putdown. Brooks needed to correct Vicki just as much as Jim needed too and did correct Meghan. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Good Lord, is there a bigger narcissist than Meghan?  This girl's a bona fide super hero.  Not only is she a seeker of justice!  No, not our Meghan.  She is a lover of knowledge!  And she will not stop until there's a cure for cancer!  And she does it all selflessly.  I am weeping as I post this.

She reminds me of Camille Grammar on season one of RHOBH--didn't she compare herself to Jesus once?

• Love 4
It doesn't matter who actually said that two of four months were challenging, "consider the source" is a negative put down. Period. Still though Tamra was acting insane.

You mean just like Vicki watched Meghan go over to Tamra and fill her in? LOL  IMO, no matter how you cut it, Brooks did not say "consider the source" as a compliment, it was said as a dig/putdown. Brooks needed to correct Vicki just as much as Jim needed too and did correct Meghan. JMO

Yeah.  It should be offensive, but given Tamra's history, it's completely warranted.  Not only has she proven herself to be a conniving liar, but she's also a shit-stirrer, who happens to hate Brooks and has voiced it many times.  So, Meghan should consider the source.  (Even though it was Vicki.) 

• Love 6
Sooooo did anyone else think Shannon was already pretty drunk when she showed up to dinner with Meghan and Heather?

It did cross my mind. I mentioned how loudly she was speaking in another post. So yea, either granny or inebriated. 

• Love 2
Yeah.  It should be offensive, but given Tamra's history, it's completely warranted.  Not only has she proven herself to be a conniving liar, but she's also a shit-stirrer, who happens to hate Brooks and has voiced it many times.  So, Meghan should consider the source.  (Even though it was Vicki.)

Exactly. Tamra is notorious for running around, telling everyone what everyone else said, and embellishing or straight up lying half the time. Just a few episodes back she ran and told Heather how Shannon was discussing the fact that Heather is friends with both Megan AND Jim's ex wife. She clearly told Heather the conversation was along the lines of, "Heather isn't a girls' girl, Heather broke girl code, Heather is a bad friend". But when the topic was brought up at dinner, Tamra tried to downplay and be all, "Oh no, it was just casual conversation, Shannon was just curious how that works". 

She's done it time and time again. She cannot keep her mouth shut. She lied to Shannon last season about talking about her marriage, and then finally came clean with it. She was talking shit about Brooks to all the other ladies and making nice to Vicki's face. 

So yea, as much as I believe Brooks to be a liar and a shady bastard, "consider the source" = wise words when it comes to dealing with Tamra. 

• Love 11

Apparently after hearing about Shannon connections with cancer doctors,  Meghan called her and asked for help for Leann.  Meghan tried to build it up and Shannon said-I made a few phone calls.  They have the conversation at the luncheon at the Dubrow mansion.  Shannon also invited her to Bunco night which of course ended without RH fighting as Vicki's mom passed away.

I think the person not being nice to Shannon this season is Vicki.  Shannon saw the writing on the wall when Vicki and Tamra had their umpteenth make up talk and Vicki did the storm out at dinner to save a scene for Tamra.

I think Vicki is jealous of Shannon winning Grand Supreme Housewife or whatever that poll was last season and Heather doesn't want to be the mean girl this season so both are playing it middle of the road with Shannon. Tamra is using Meghan against both Vicki and Shannon. Poor Shannon has no friends on this show and I hope she leaves because the experience seems to have no up side for her family.

• Love 1

What amazes me, is that in the name of drama, or purely narcissism, that these people go on beautiful vacations and host these gorgeous, upscale parties and they behave like wild animals. There's always someone looking to keep their orange and ruining the party to gain negative attention. Look at the faces of the non show guests at Shannon's party while Tamra is stomping around screaming. I bet many of them have never even watched the shows.

Megan is so over the top, acting crazy to keep her orange. Notice how she always has this self congratulatory smug smirk on her face when engaging with Shannon (earlier episodes) Vicki and Brooks. She truly is Tamra's mini me. Only guys like Terry and Eddie could truly enjoy the food and the party because to them the behavior was routine, nothing new...nothing to see here folks...

• Love 11

It was completely creepy but also completely necessary to gain a few more minutes of camera time.

And regarding the above poster who mentioned that Jim must be good at prenups by now; if he isn't I'm betting dollars to donuts that his lawyers are.

I think Tamra thought "let's spy on grandma during her blind date" was going to be hilarious. Tamra forgets she's not on a sitcom. She also forgets that she's writing her own lines. Major fail.
  • Love 9

I think Tamra thought "let's spy on grandma during her blind date" was going to be hilarious. Tamra forgets she's not on a sitcom. She also forgets that she's writing her own lines. Major fail.

Tamara's life when she's not in the middle of crazy Melorse Place level hi-jinx is kind of...dull. Her family is dysfunctional, but in a fairly standard white trash way. They don't rise to the absurdist Edward Albee level of dysfunction like the Beadors. She doesn't actually have money so her clothes and house porn sucks, but it's not WTF level tacky like Kim Z from ATL. It's just standard suburban tacky. So yeah, back to your scheming because I don't care otherwise!

• Love 13

Sooooo did anyone else think Shannon was already pretty drunk when she showed up to dinner with Meghan and Heather?

Yes!  I thought the same thing.  Either that, or Dr. Moon has her on some new homeopathic meds, and they haven't quite got the dose right. 

But in any case, something was "off" about her in that scene.

• Love 8

There is an important nugget here that I think gets forgotten.  In the very first episode, Vicki said that Brianna had said she didn't believe that Brooks had cancer. She told the girls that Brianna thought he was making it up. 

I think this all goes way beyond Meghan and her investigating. I think it was being discussed among the ladies A LOT, probably way back when he first announced he had cancer, which was last October. I don't think that they had any intention of making it into a big thing, however, but were just going to play along. Meghan wasn't having any of that and now the entire show has been pulled into this ridiculous storyline.

I believe what Vicki said, Briana said, Brooks doesn't look ill. Not that he didn't have cancer. I find that a bit of stretch since Briana has not seen the man in two years-how would Briana know what he looked like? Is this zero tolerance of Brooks all an act?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I believe what Vicki said, Briana said, is Brooks doesn't look ill. Not that he didn't have cancer. I find that a bit of stretch since Briana has seen the man in two years-how would Briana know what he looked like? Is this zero tolerance of Brooks all an act?

Screw Brianna. Do I look ill?

• Love 11

Out of a lot of things that upset me in this ep,  oh and there were a lot, were Tamra referring to "your guys-es" party in the same scene as the Christmas Saran Wrap Red skirt that Lizzie had shrink wrapped to her hips/thighs.

There has never been a more stupid premise than an Aries party. Ever.

Perhaps most diabolical pure evil incarnate line delivery ever in the HW franchise was when Meghan responded to Vicki's suggestion of becoming an Oncologist "maybe I will". I rewound it three times it was Satan delivery followed by her smirk. Teen summer camp slasher movie, Lifetime Tori Spelling, Evil Queen from Sleeping beauty material.

Brooks did the right thing confronting her in a group, and in front of her husband. She'd be all butthurt and crying if he'd given her a hard time without a man present. Running to Tamballs immediately and that huddle? Pay attention Vicki! They are so awful.

Too much funny about Jimmy & Eddie. In the convo w, the 3rd guy (forget which house husband) those 2 only had eyes for each other,  it was wild!

• Love 9

Exactly. Tamra is notorious for running around, telling everyone what everyone else said, and embellishing or straight up lying half the time. Just a few episodes back she ran and told Heather how Shannon was discussing the fact that Heather is friends with both Megan AND Jim's ex wife. She clearly told Heather the conversation was along the lines of, "Heather isn't a girls' girl, Heather broke girl code, Heather is a bad friend". But when the topic was brought up at dinner, Tamra tried to downplay and be all, "Oh no, it was just casual conversation, Shannon was just curious how that works". 

She's done it time and time again. She cannot keep her mouth shut. She lied to Shannon last season about talking about her marriage, and then finally came clean with it. She was talking shit about Brooks to all the other ladies and making nice to Vicki's face. 

So yea, as much as I believe Brooks to be a liar and a shady bastard, "consider the source" = wise words when it comes to dealing with Tamra. 

Well, to be honest, Shannon DID say that befriending the NEW wife when you are already friends the OLD wife is wrong and against the "Girl code", so technically, Tamra did not lie, she just worded it differently. She did backtrack to Shannon on how the subject came up with Heather and tried to down play how Shannon said it in the first place though. LOL

What amazes me, is that in the name of drama, or purely narcissism, that these people go on beautiful vacations and host these gorgeous, upscale parties and they behave like wild animals. There's always someone looking to keep their orange and ruining the party to gain negative attention. Look at the faces of the non show guests at Shannon's party while Tamra is stomping around screaming. I bet many of them have never even watched the shows.

Megan is so over the top, acting crazy to keep her orange. Notice how she always has this self congratulatory smug smirk on her face when engaging with Shannon (earlier episodes) Vicki and Brooks. She truly is Tamra's mini me. Only guys like Terry and Eddie could truly enjoy the food and the party because to them the behavior was routine, nothing new...nothing to see here folks...

That "smirk" is something that BOTH Tamra AND Vicki have on their faces during fights as well. Meghan really IS just a mini-Vicki/mini-Tamra. LOL

• Love 6
Well, to be honest, Shannon DID say that befriending the NEW wife when you are already friends the OLD wife is wrong and against the "Girl code", so technically, Tamra did not lie, she just worded it differently. She did backtrack to Shannon on how the subject came up with Heather and tried to down play how Shannon said it in the first place though. LOL

Oh yea, I wasn't trying to say that the way she relayed it to Heather was incorrect. It's just that her stories didn't match. She can't have her cake and eat it too. 

• Love 2

Out of a lot of things that upset me in this ep, oh and there were a lot, were Tamra referring to "your guys-es" party in the same scene as the Christmas Saran Wrap Red skirt that Lizzie had shrink wrapped to her hips/thighs.

There has never been a more stupid premise than an Aries party. Ever.

Perhaps most diabolical pure evil incarnate line delivery ever in the HW franchise was when Meghan responded to Vicki's suggestion of becoming an Oncologist "maybe I will". I rewound it three times it was Satan delivery followed by her smirk. Teen summer camp slasher movie, Lifetime Tori Spelling, Evil Queen from Sleeping beauty material.

Brooks did the right thing confronting her in a group, and in front of her husband. She'd be all butthurt and crying if he'd given her a hard time without a man present. Running to Tamballs immediately and that huddle? Pay attention Vicki! They are so awful.

Too much funny about Jimmy & Eddie. In the convo w, the 3rd guy (forget which house husband) those 2 only had eyes for each other, it was wild!

The smirk...

tumblr_ngbaj3DwAe1rawb5do1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mzhsk3qkEq1rj1ango6_500.gif

When Meghan doesn't get her way...what her smirk turns into! Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Oh yea, I wasn't trying to say that the way she relayed it to Heather was incorrect. It's just that her stories didn't match. She can't have her cake and eat it too. 

Without a doubt, Tamra tries really hard to negate her actions, as they ALL do. She often back peddles and tries to make herself look innocent or that she was only trying to "help" whoever and it backfires on her all the time because everyone knows she is just keeping the pot well stirred. That said, Tamra is not alone in having this trait/problem, Vicki and Meghan both do this all the time and even Shannon/Heather/Lizzie do it, just to a lesser extent IMO. Really, if you don't want it repeated, don't say it in the first place, especially ON camera on a HW show. LOL

• Love 5

Well, to be honest, Shannon DID say that befriending the NEW wife when you are already friends the OLD wife is wrong and against the "Girl code", so technically, Tamra did not lie, she just worded it differently. She did backtrack to Shannon on how the subject came up with Heather and tried to down play how Shannon said it in the first place though. LOL

That "smirk" is something that BOTH Tamra AND Vicki have on their faces during fights as well. Meghan really IS just a mini-Vicki/mini-Tamra. LOL

True, Shannon did talk about "girl code"; however, the way Tamra relayed the conversation to Heather made it sound as if Shannon went off on Heather for breaking said girl code and Tamra said something about Shannon being very negative about what Heather did, which was an emellishment and, to some extent, a lie.  The only reason why Tamra backed down was because when it came up again, Heather and all the other ladies were present.  Tamra couldn't exploit the situation when all parties involved in both conversations were there together. Heather let Tamra off lightly because it was obvious that Tamra was trying to start trouble by pitting Heather against Shannon.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 6

Not an Emonds fan, but as a lifelong baseball fan I am certainly aware of who Jim Edmonds is. He is famous in his own right and has been for a long time. He is up for the Hall of Fame soon. Though he probably won't get in. Anyway...

As always, Icky makes me sick. Such a hypocrite and a fool. She would be struck dead, I guess, if she ever just kept her mouth closed. But she can't do it, not even when facing those even more foolish than herself, if possible.

• Love 6

True, Shannon did talk about "girl code"; however, the way Tamra relayed the conversation to Heather made it sound as if Shannon went off on Heather for breaking said girl code and Tamra said something about Shannon being very negative about what Heather did, which was an emellishment and, to some extent, a lie.  The only reason why Tamra backed down was because when it came up again, Heather and all the other ladies were present.  Tamra couldn't exploit the situation when all parties involved in both conversations were there together. Heather let Tamra off lightly because it was obvious that Tamra was trying to start trouble by pitting Heather against Shannon.

No, Shannon said that being friends with the "new" wife when you were friends with the old wife first is "wrong"! Shannon did not make her comment as a compliment about Heather, she said it as a putdown. And Shannon even raised her voice when she talked about it, she was being "negative" about Heather. All Tamra did was put it in her limited vocabulary/words when she told Heather. Don't get me wrong, I do not like Tamra and I am not excusing her behavior but Shannon denied saying what she did when Heather asked her about it because she knew was wrong for saying it to begin with. Tamra's repeating the comment does negate Shannon being wrong either IMO.

• Love 5

No, Shannon said that being friends with the "new" wife when you were friends with the old wife first is "wrong"! Shannon did not make her comment as a compliment about Heather, she said it as a putdown. And Shannon even raised her voice when she talked about it, she was being "negative" about Heather. All Tamra did was put it in her limited vocabulary/words when she told Heather. Don't get me wrong, I do not like Tamra and I am not excusing her behavior but Shannon denied saying what she did when Heather asked her about it because she knew was wrong for saying it to begin with. Tamra's repeating the comment does negate Shannon being wrong either IMO.

I don't think it was a put down; I think Shannon does think Heather being friends with both wives isn't right.  I'm not going to project what I think Shannon intentions were because I don't think they were that nefarious.  And I don't really see any problem with Shannon saying this, because to some extent I agree with the sentiment, but YMMV about this; I do think it is odd to be friends with both wives.

However, I think it is obvious that Tamra exaggerated the situation purely to cause trouble.  Heather even questioned Tamra about it and Tamra knew she was caught in lie and backed down.  At least that is how I remember it.

Edited to say:  What Shannon said about Heather wasn't a complement, but it was certainly not as negative as Tamra made it out to be.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 5