Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Fire Signs

• Start Topic

Radar Online has learned that Brooks’s fraud allegations come from him selling his 16.67% share in Vicki’s Vodka, which Vicki gifted him! He sold the share to another business partner for $50,000 to pay IRS debt and child support payments, otherwise he’d go to jail for now paying such debts.  In his response to the Nevada court, Brooks revealed that “Gunvalson gave him a membership interest in VV LLC to compensate him for the services he had provided.”

I have read in the past that Vicki gave or loaned money to Brooks to pay back child support because he was facing jail time.  When I searched for it, I found this stuff (above and below from Radar Online).

In addition, Brooks divulged that Vicki negotiated her season 8 RHOC contract to film scenes with the vodka distillery and plug Vicki’s Vodka as product placement on the hit show.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

I don't know that Vicki paid any of Brooks past child support-I am sure if she did she would be taking a bow center stage.  Sometimes third parties are reluctant to bail out past due child support for fear it may be counted as a second income.

Not a chance in hell of Vicki taking credit publicy or bowing center stage for  paying Brooks' child support. She"ll NEVER bring up the fact that he was a deadbeat dad after the stink she made about Slade not paying his child support. A third party cannot be held liable for another persons child support no matter how many times they "loan" the deadbeat parent the money. If Vicki and Brooks were married the court may take Vicki's income into consideration as household income but as his girlfreind? Nah, never happen.

• Love 4

I have read in the past that Vicki gave or loaned money to Brooks to pay back child support because he was facing jail time.  When I searched for it, I found this stuff (above an below from Radar Online).

I think Brooks was the one who found the investor which is why Brooks received a percentage.  Brooks was later sued and won and is now seeking attorneys' fees from the investor.  Vicki is still in court with him.  I don't think Brooks was paid for anything but standard partnership stuff.  I do think Vicki controls the purse strings and Brooks is sick of being her dancing monkey.  I t would not surprise me to find she has to pay Brooks  to appear.  After years of being called a crook and con I think he is looking for compensation.  I noticed Tamra asked where he was and Vicki said,"upstairs watching golf."  No way was he going to give Tamra another free slice of pie.

Not a chance in hell of Vicki taking credit publicy or bowing center stage for  paying Brooks' child support. She"ll NEVER bring up the fact that he was a deadbeat dad after the stink she made about Slade not paying his child support. A third party cannot be held liable for another persons child support no matter how many times they "loan" the deadbeat parent the money. If Vicki and Brooks were married the court may take Vicki's income into consideration as household income but as his girlfreind? Nah, never happen.

I was thinking Brooks may run the risk of  being more of an employee/partner of Vicki's as he seems to spend a lot of time appearing with her on the show, in her vodka business and insurance business vs. being a spouse/boyfriend.  I don't think Vicki paid the money. It wasn't as if he could not get out of jail until the back child support was paid.  My guess is once a deal was reached Vicki was probably very concerned about him not returning to jail.  I just see Vicki as someone who always has strings attached.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
If her family is a "Owns the Gun Store" kinda family in a mountain town (compared to OC), Im sure they have expected him to Man Up. Something that is never gonna happen

Sarah is shilling clothing on her Instagram page.  What the hell happened to her business?  Did she just sell it and move downstate with Ryan?  Wtf?  And why on Earth did Ryan and Tamra both accompany Sandy on her blind date? 

FWIW, I think Sandy has a great figure for her age - something Tamra (quite unfairly) seems to have inherited from her.  

I have to wonder what Ryan is thinking now that he's got 4 kids and a wife.  Okay, I get that the honeymoon period is over, but what was he really expecting? God, that family gives me nightmares. 

• Love 2

I was thinking Brooks may run the risk of  being more of an employee/partner of Vicki's as he seems to spend a lot of time appearing with her on the show, in her vodka business and insurance business vs. being a spouse/boyfriend.  I don't think Vicki paid the money. It wasn't as if he could not get out of jail until the back child support was paid.  My guess is once a deal was reached Vicki was probably very concerned about him not returning to jail.  I just see Vicki as someone who always has strings attached.

I'm with you on the strings attached part,lol!! The woman does nothing out of the goodness of her heart, there's always an angle. As for Brooks running the risk of being seen as an employee when Vicki paid the money for his child support arrears the only way he could be classified as her employee is if she has issued him a check in the form of an employer/employee paycheck with FICA, SS, Fed taxes, State taxes, etc., taken out of the check. She would be in HUGE trouble with te IRS if she failed to do so and even Vivki isn't that naive. It would also have to be a continual paycheck  for the court to consider it income counted as child support. IMO, Vicki paid his arrears support to shut down the discussion on both the show and in the media as it was making her look like a fool.

• Love 3

So...Vicki sits down with Shannon complaining that she just spoke to her "attorney or accountant" (apparently she doesn't remember who handles what).  She's upset that she has to pay 58-60% in taxes.  Sounds like she has GREAT advisers!

• Love 3

Since the top tax bracket is 39.6%. I guess it's possible that in total she pays 60% of her income in taxes, but if so, she definitely does need a better financial adviser.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

So...Vicki sits down with Shannon complaining that she just spoke to her "attorney or accountant" (apparently she doesn't remember who handles what).  She's upset that she has to pay 58-60% in taxes.  Sounds like she has GREAT advisers!

I always remember Vicki calls herself  financial advisor.  Advisor heal thy self.

• Love 4

Just watched this episode tonight and man do I feel second hand embarassment for Meghan. She really does need to stop. It's bizarre.

Did anyone notice Eddie's huge bear hug with Jimmie? It was more Eddie than Jim but it was odd. Are they close?

I thought Shannon's TH were funny. One in particular but I can't remember the context.

LOL to Jim telling Meghan she's waving to nobody. I don't think it's a good sign for the marriage if Jim is deliberately embarrassing his wife. Not that she hasn't done the same to him. His face was beet red during the conversation with Brooks.

Who was Jim telling the text joke about "do I have kids"? Was it Terry or someone else?

I think Tamra and Sarah's resemblance is pretty much the hair. They have different face shapes. From what I read here, I was expecting more similarly.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

I think in this case it is probably true. I just think in general you have to be really careful believing the Daily Mail or any other gossip mag. They are right.... But only 50% of the time.. The other thing is, often when the celeb , or someone related does try to set the record straight, no one will publish it. Nowdays you will see them not bothering and denying on Twitter or something

Daily Mail sucks and so does their website. Especially mobile. I love when they post headlines like so and so's weight loss secrets & the article contains 2 sentences on the subject. So and so is eating clean and working out with X trainer. I never believe a word I read from Daily Mail.

Re:Briana's weight. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 8. I have my thyroid and take 2 generic meds to treat the problem and still have to eat nothing and workout twice a day to stay at a healthy weight. I won't ever say a word about Briana's weight. Unless you are in that situation, you have no clue.

She looked good when she appeared on WWHL with Vicki. Not stick thin, but better.

• Love 8

I don't have any strong feelings about Eddie, but I do find it amusing how blase he is about the drama at this point.  That brief interspersed shot of him casually eating out of a bowl with chopsticks while the ladies tore up the party was TV gold. 

• Love 2

I don't have any strong feelings about Eddie, but I do find it amusing how blase he is about the drama at this point. That brief interspersed shot of him casually eating out of a bowl with chopsticks while the ladies tore up the party was TV gold.

Yes it was!

He looked like the cat that ate the canary.

Meghan has justice confused w/ retribution.

She's mad at Vicki. That's what her "truth and justice" recon missions are all about.

Unbelievable.

Meghan was just in Tamra's ear about "consider the source". With that, Tamra starts stomping through Shannon's house like Godzilla through Tokyo.

Jim asks Meghan to stop. "Just stop".

Fun and hijinks ensue (not really).

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

I with you on this, I'm a nurse also but a person doesn't have to be a nurse or have to see someone dying of cancer to realize that the direction of this franchise has gone entirely off-track when it pushes the drama created by Meghan, Shannon and Tamra about Brooks having cancer. It's more than disturbing, it's despicable and intolerable. I don't even want to watch anymore because I get too angry at Meghan and Tamra and the attempts at getting camera time by continually digging away at this Brooks cancer story. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow for my brother that died of cancer on Sept. 1st and this constant bickering about whether Brooks is lying about cancer is becoming an even more sore subject with me than it ever was. I'm really feeling hatred towards Meghan and Tamra and that's not normal to feel towards some stupid-ass rich strangers in a TV show.

I've narrowed down the list of who I like and who I don't and I don't like any of these women. Lizzy is the one housewife I don't absolutely detest, she's okay. But, Shannon, Meghan, Tamra, and Heather are all worthless human beings in my opinion. I can just barely stand Vicki. I think I watch only to see Meghan and Tamra get what they deserve. Eddie stuffing his mouth like the dumbass he is while Tamra acts like a raving lunatic, and Jim Edmunds who goes slack-jawed when Brooks confronts Meghan is a piss-poor excuse for a husband. I can't stand either of them and Vicki is right, their marriage won't last 2 years, Vicki predicted 4 and that's not happening.

I think I got some of that off my chest and feel better, so I'll stop there and not rage about shallow, materialistic Heather and Terry Dubrow or weak, mealy-mouthed, emasculated David Beador.

I hear ya Fanofthefans and HumblePi. I truly hear ya.