Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: A Secret Marriage and Sister Wives Unseen

Galloway Cave
  • Start Topic

One thing that stuck out to me was Robyn's saying that she's the ONLY one who knows how Meri feels, because she's the ONLY one besides Meri who has ever signed divorce papers.  And then she made a comment that it was really different, though, because she had signed her papers because she "didn't want to be married" any longer to her first husband.

However, from what I've read online, HE filed for divorce, not her.  There were hints of alcohol abuse because the decree read that neither parent was to consume too much alcohol in front of the kids.  And he has apparently not remarried.

And they commented that he had not seen the kids as much as he did when they were first divorced.  Yeah.  Well, having them moved several hundred miles away does cut down on the ability to see them, doesn't it?

• Love 13

The tell-all crap was awful TV. They did the same thing with Breaking Amish, had the cast interviewed by a moron who couldn't stop asking really stupid questions. Do you do couponing? Let's talk about Kody's hair!

I fast forwarded through the interviews with the kids. I have no idea whose kids are whose. Don't care, either.

The producers need to realize the flashbacks of past season interviews weren't interesting the first time they were aired, so there was no need to replay them.

This show just goes from bad to worse. The first three wives just get fatter, spend more time crying and going to therapists, and then expect the world to believe they are happy.

Tell all my ass!  I watch the crap ass "tell nothings" at the tail end of the each season and always wind up feeling like a jackass for giving that mess an hour of my life. I will be ding donged if I watch one at the beginning because If the ones that cap off the season didn't enlighten worth a damn, than the one last night must b doubly worthless. 

I love to snark on this show. More than half the fun comes from coming here and reading the comments because hell nothing really ever really happens on the show. However, this Kodouche and Meri divorce so he can marry Gopher Gulch's answer to Lady MacBeth, Robyn, seemed like it would be the most interesting thing to happen to this family since Robyn entered the picture (honorably mention to fleeing to LV to escape from religious persecution LOL!). Last night wasn't interesting or fun. I think most people tune in to see the cracks in the facade and damn were they tap dancing for their lives last night and it really wasn't at all entertaining. They are controlling the narrative so damn tightly that the general audience probably won't ever even know that this so-called re-alignment that changes nothing necessitated a honeymoon for the newlyweds.

I don't expect any of the sheep wives to rage against the machine but to not see the writing on the wall and know you are aiding in your own disenfranchisement from your own damn family is ludicrous to me. All this solidarity only strengthens Robyn's position. It will only be a matter of time before she is controlling the household expenses and she is getting more spending money because she has the youngest kids in the family. Just you watch. That woman may look and talk like a bumpkin and have the inbred Habsburg jaw but she is down right Machiavellian.  She laid back in the cut for years and leaped into #1 position from being dead last with a simple "won't someone please think of the children" argument and all these dummies brought it. 

And they commented that he had not seen the kids as much as he did when they were first divorced.  Yeah.  Well, having them moved several hundred miles away does cut down on the ability to see them, doesn't it?

Didn't a season or two ago Robyn pack up the kids to go spend time with their dad?

I am curious about the allegation that Robyn's ex hasn't paid child support.

• Love 11

I haven't watched this show in a while and am sure this has been talked about but can someone tell me why Meri is living in that huge house? I had to laugh when she was summoning Kody and Robyn to her "office" like she is the matriarch of the family or something. She calls and they drop everything and run to her.  I seriously think Meri is on some kind of tranquilizer or anti-depressants or something to alter her mood to practically zombie like. 

So Robyn's husband is perfectly fine with giving up all his parental rights and allow Kody to adopt his kids? Why? Is there a payoff involved? I can't imagine any other reason why you would give up your kids like that. 

• Love 6

Tell all my ass!  I watch the crap ass "tell nothings" at the tail end of the each season and always wind up feeling like a jackass for giving that mess an hour of my life. I will be ding donged if I watch one at the beginning because If the ones that cap off the season didn't enlighten worth a damn, than the one last night must b doubly worthless. 

I love to snark on this show. More than half the fun comes from coming here and reading the comments because hell nothing really ever really happens on the show. However, this Kodouche and Meri divorce so he can marry Gopher Gulch's answer to Lady MacBeth, Robyn, seemed like it would be the most interesting thing to happen to this family since Robyn entered the picture (honorably mention to fleeing to LV to escape from religious persecution LOL!). Last night wasn't interesting or fun. I think most people tune in to see the cracks in the facade and damn were they tap dancing for their lives last night and it really wasn't at all entertaining. They are controlling the narrative so damn tightly that the general audience probably won't ever even know that this so-called re-alignment that changes nothing necessitated a honeymoon for the newlyweds.

I don't expect any of the sheep wives to rage against the machine but to not see the writing on the wall and know you are aiding in your own disenfranchisement from your own damn family is ludicrous to me. All this solidarity only strengthens Robyn's position. It will only be a matter of time before she is controlling the household expenses and she is getting more spending money because she has the youngest kids in the family. Just you watch. That woman may look and talk like a bumpkin and have the inbred Habsburg jaw but she is down right Machiavellian.  She laid back in the cut for years and leaped into #1 position from being dead last with a simple "won't someone please think of the children" argument and all these dummies brought it. 

Didn't a season or two ago Robyn pack up the kids to go spend time with their dad?

I am curious about the allegation that Robyn's ex hasn't paid child support.

Given the way the "truth" comes out in their cult-de-sac, the translation is more like:  "We wanted to try to rub it in his face at some future point that he doesn't pay child support, so we told him he didn't have to."  Or he does, and Robyn is lying.  Again.

• Love 2

One thing that stuck out to me was Robyn's saying that she's the ONLY one who knows how Meri feels, because she's the ONLY one besides Meri who has ever signed divorce papers.  And then she made a comment that it was really different, though, because she had signed her papers because she "didn't want to be married" any longer to her first husband.

I caught that too....and what a liar.  Janelle is also divorced (from Meri's brother).

I hate this stupid marrying another wife, adopting children nonsense....apparently they go by Brown at school anyways (Robyn made a comment about it on her Twitter last year) so why don't they just wait and go with the kids to change their name to Brown once they're 18?  The youngest of the 3 is already 11 anyways so they don't have far to go...although that is a solution that makes sense and the Browns are definitely not about that.

• Love 3

I don't know, all you need is a notary. I don't think you need a second witness, do you?

There are various rules, depending on the document being signed. Several years ago I worked in a law office. I was a notary, and did a lot of notarizing of various docs, but for particular items I acted as a second witness. Those papers actually must be witnessed, and notarization would be legally useless.

Having ROBYN act as the witness, though, is just all kinds of twisted Brown family fuckery.

• Love 5

Recalling Janelle's reaction to the divorce news, I have to wonder if Janelle's eyes have been opened.

Janelle has finally realized the depth of Kody's feelings for Robyn and the extent of Robyn's influence on Kody. Because Kody dictates the course of the family, Robyn is essentially in charge more than any other wife.

Meri has created an alliance with Robyn and has some influence on Kody through that relationship. On the flip side, Christine alienated Robyn and, as a corollary, her relationship with Kody (and her influence on family decisions) has suffered.

I don't know if Janelle realizes what a threat she is to Robyn. Robyn has succeeded in eliminating Christine as any real competition. She has plied Meri into compliance with offers of friendship. Janelle is the only remaining threat. If Robyn really is manipulative, Janelle is in the cross-hairs. Janelle may be out-touch, but she has some instincts and they must be ringing the alarm by now.

Janelle's alliance with powerless Christine isn't providing any benefit. Moreover, her alienation from Meri isn't doing her any favors. I suspect Janelle's new insights are the motivation for her recent desire to reconcile with Meri. Janelle realizes she needs to create some new alliances with the "in" group. She's hoping Meri's latest rejection will make her open to a fresh relationship with Janelle.

I certainly don't think Janelle's desire for a relationship with Meri has anything to do with affection or feelings. Meri asked Janelle why she wanted to reconcile and Janelle's answer was "I don't know, but I want it now." If Janelle has any feelings for Meri, she would've had an answer. Janelle is either working in her own self-interest or doing it at Kody's request.

• Love 10

I certainly don't think Janelle's desire for a relationship with Meri has anything to do with affection or feelings. Meri asked Janelle why she wanted to reconcile and Janelle's answer was "I don't know, but I want it now." If Janelle has any feelings for Meri, she would've had an answer. Janelle is either working in her own self-interest or doing it at Kody's request.

Or doing it because the producers asked her to for the sake of having a new storyline.  I'd put very good money on that.  I think everyone realizes that this show is circling the drain and they're scrambling to invent new "conflicts" in need of resolution.  Every single adult associated with this show, from Kody to the guy who operates the cameras, should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting Robyn's kids from her first marriage.  That's all this is and it's disgusting.  

If I were David Jessop, I'd be in my lawyer's office this morning, preparing my two-word answer to their adoption request: F*ck. No.  I would then follow that up with a lawsuit for public slander and defamation of character.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 15

Robyn has been breaking up the Brown family little by little since she came into it. Slowly but surely, she will cut all of the other wives and their children out until she has Kody and whatever money there is all to herself. She is a sneaky, conniving woman. They can all thank Meri for bringing her into the family.

Word.  I remember last season when they were showing home movies back in the Utah home when it was just the 3 wives and the kids were little.  They actually looked way happier.  Sure they had their issues but by adding Sobin and moving to Vegas they really are beyond any help.  The Douche looks like he rather have Sobin as his primary wife and the rest are just there.  I really don't understand why Janelle and Christine are still drinking the kool-aid.  They should just get out.

I also noticed Meri is alot bigger than Janelle now and her face was still bright orange.  I saw her in the house when they had the sit down about Sobin and Douche and I just don't get why she would want a whole house to herself like that.  Especially when she doesn't own it, she can't pay it off or whatnot.  

By the way, to those who want to know what Meri needs an office for?! To plan out her awesome stuff that she will put on her wet bar *wink*.

• Love 5

I guess I just feel like meri could have acknowledged that she had tried and turned down in the past without being so... I don't know the word I'm looking for... Condescending?

I think the word you're looking for is bitchy.

Lawsoftheland are a problem if you are trying to circumnavigate around the system and you're a poor persecuted poloygaimst .  But if you need to declare bankruptcy or need food stamps, they work just fine.

• Love 14

Was Meri playing on her phone while Janelle and her were talking? Considerate as always Meri.

I kept my eyeball on the phone during this because if she was playing Angry Birds or whatnot then that would have been rude.  But from what I saw, she was just fiddling with it.  

• Love 2

The tell-all crap was awful TV. They did the same thing with Breaking Amish, had the cast interviewed by a moron who couldn't stop asking really stupid questions. Do you do couponing? Let's talk about Kody's hair!

I fast forwarded through the interviews with the kids. I have no idea whose kids are whose. Don't care, either.

The producers need to realize the flashbacks of past season interviews weren't interesting the first time they were aired, so there was no need to replay them.

This show just goes from bad to worse. The first three wives just get fatter, spend more time crying and going to therapists, and then expect the world to believe they are happy.

I haven't cried since last October, when I learned my daughter had breast cancer. Before that I think the last time I cried was when we put our dog to sleep. I weigh 127 pounds and don't see a therapist. I am happy. Those women are not happy!

I hope your daughter is well.   

However, from what I've read online, HE filed for divorce, not her.  There were hints of alcohol abuse because the decree read that neither parent was to consume too much alcohol in front of the kids.  And he has apparently not remarried.

Oh, I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but wasn't Janelle married too? "Legally" I mean. 

• Love 2
Any reasonable, decent, caring, thoughtful parent would never EVER NEVER broach this subject with the children without having final paperwork in hand.  Those poor kids will then be crushed.  I hate the Brown parents.

Not that I am defending Kodouche and Sobbyn, but speaking as someone whose step-father legally adopted me when I was 8 years old, my parents asked me first, before filing. Of course, if was for appearances. What would have happened if I had said, "no thanks?"  My mother was already pressuring me to call my step father "Daddy" before the ink was dry on the marriage license, throwing away any photos of my biological father, and crossing my biological last name out of any books that I owned with a big black Sharpie. I really DIDN'T have a choice, but they made it seem like I did by asking me before filing. Then, I had to go to court and testify that I was not being coerced (I lied), before my parents got any kind of final papers. So, really, telling the kids beforehand, and asking permission (even if it is just for show) is the right thing to do. 

That said, I can't imagine the dramacakes that we'd have to endure from Sobbyn if any of the Jessop kids had said, "But, what about our dad? I don't want to hurt him."  I imagine her passive aggressive manipulations aren't just reserved for Kody and the three other wives. The kids probably get a subtle dose of it, as well. 

Robyn has been breaking up the Brown family little by little since she came into it. Slowly but surely, she will cut all of the other wives and their children out until she has Kody and whatever money there is all to herself. She is a sneaky, conniving woman. They can all thank Meri for bringing her into the family.

I had to laugh at Sobbyn's tears when Meri and Christine talked about not being as close to the younger kids as they used to be with the older ones, and how they blame that on not all living under one roof anymore. Yeah, Sobbyn. Cry away. They were happier before you showed up, basically. They were closer with the kids before you. You KNOW that's why she was bawling. She read that as a slam against HER. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 9

I caught that too....and what a liar. Janelle is also divorced (from Meri's brother).

I hate this stupid marrying another wife, adopting children nonsense....apparently they go by Brown at school anyways (Robyn made a comment about it on her Twitter last year) so why don't they just wait and go with the kids to change their name to Brown once they're 18? The youngest of the 3 is already 11 anyways so they don't have far to go...although that is a solution that makes sense and the Browns are definitely not about that.

It's not about changing the name, it's about custody in the event of Robyn's death prior to the kids reaching age of majority. If she dies, the rest of the family has no legal claim on the children and they will go back to their father.

Of course if she were really that worried about dying prematurely she wouldn't give birth at home, but whatever.

• Love 10

Meri getting the big house all to herself had nothing to do with needing the space, I think it was because the family was already dividing up the assets and she wanted to get her share. That house might be all she has, and, unlike the other wives, she co-owns it with Kody, and now presumably, with Robyn, although she might have gotten it in her name in the divorce settlement. Sure hope so, for her sake.

It is amazing that these women don't see that the family went from 3 wives in one house to 4 wives in 4 houses after Robyn arrived. I remember Christine complaining that the separate homes made her feel like a single parent and she didn't sign up for that.

What I got from watching the fictional Big Love series, the polygamist household is run by the first, legal wife. She is the one who manages the household finances, pays the other wives their allowances, assigns duties like chauffeuring the kids around, and sets the husband's conjugal schedule. On the show the other wives sometimes call her "boss lady." it is the role that Meri should fill but she has been deposed. She's such an emotional wreck that she can't do the job.

• Love 3

Recalling Janelle's reaction to the divorce news, I have to wonder if Janelle's eyes have been opened.

Janelle has finally realized the depth of Kody's feelings for Robyn and the extent of Robyn's influence on Kody. Because Kody dictates the course of the family, Robyn is essentially in charge more than any other wife.

Meri has created an alliance with Robyn and has some influence on Kody through that relationship. On the flip side, Christine alienated Robyn and, as a corollary, her relationship with Kody (and her influence on family decisions) has suffered.

I don't know if Janelle realizes what a threat she is to Robyn. Robyn has succeeded in eliminating Christine as any real competition. She has plied Meri into compliance with offers of friendship. Janelle is the only remaining threat. If Robyn really is manipulative, Janelle is in the cross-hairs. Janelle may be out-touch, but she has some instincts and they must be ringing the alarm by now.

Janelle's alliance with powerless Christine isn't providing any benefit. Moreover, her alienation from Meri isn't doing her any favors. I suspect Janelle's new insights are the motivation for her recent desire to reconcile with Meri. Janelle realizes she needs to create some new alliances with the "in" group. She's hoping Meri's latest rejection will make her open to a fresh relationship with Janelle.

It's like watching "Survivor"

The wives are getting voted off the island.

• Love 18

I am another one who hasn't watched this show in forever and got sucked in yesterday by the teaser of Meri's "divorce".   Here I foolishly thought Meri had finally wised up and was going to kick Kodouche to the curb but NO, instead she has become a bigger doormat than I even imagined possible.   Can't tell you  how much I despise the manipulative Sobyn/Douche pair.  So nauseating to watch the other three acquiesce to them.  Would so love to see one of these women dump his ass.  

• Love 7

Meri getting the big house all to herself had nothing to do with needing the space, I think it was because the family was already dividing up the assets and she wanted to get her share. That house might be all she has, and, unlike the other wives, she co-owns it with Kody, and now presumably, with Robyn, although she might have gotten it in her name in the divorce settlement. Sure hope so, for her sake.

It is amazing that these women don't see that the family went from 3 wives in one house to 4 wives in 4 houses after Robyn arrived. I remember Christine complaining that the separate homes made her feel like a single parent and she didn't sign up for that.

They won't have those houses for much longer. They used interest-only mortgages. I think they had 3 years to purchase houses outright. They're nearing that deadline and there's no way the family has almost $2 million to cough up for the 4 houses. I don't even know how they'll manage to pull enough together for one house.
  • Love 4

I have watched every season but I can't anymore. I call BS on how the divorce went down. I'm sure Robyn told Kody that there would be no more children unless he legally married her. So he let Meri save face and they made it look like it was all her idea. Kody has a huge ego and we know he wants more children with young, hot Robyn

The more children he has the larger his ego gets. I wish Janelle and Christine would leave him. Meri won't because I believe she truly loves him. In a way I feel badly for her but she brought Robyn into the family. She was an idiot for giving him the divorce.

• Love 4

I really don't understand why Janelle and Christine are still drinking the kool-aid.  They should just get out.

If they leave, they're just semi-employed single mothers.  If they stay, they're reality show stars with income from TV and a following.

• Love 3

I haven't watched this show in a while and am sure this has been talked about but can someone tell me why Meri is living in that huge house?

Because even though she didn't have lots of kids, she WANTED a large house full of kids. I'm not kidding.

As for the divorce, since the entire thing was devised for buzz and storyline purposes, wouldn't it be great if the show tanks in the ratings?

• Love 3

I wish America would sell her house and start over but I doubt she'd get much out of it being mortgaged to the hilt.

Plus, who in their right mind would want to live in the plyg cul-de-sac even if she could sell it.

Excited to see what 30 pounds off her will look like. I'm calling shenanigans if I don't see even some change.

• Love 2

Meri says she wants them to just go off and get married and she doesn't want to be part of it.  Robyn and Kody pressure her to be part of it, and when she says she now wants to, Kody says "No way."  No way are they going to admit on the show that Kody and Robyn went on a Hawaiian honeymoon.

If Meri was upset she ultimately was not included in the "wedding", she better get used to it.  She no longer has any more standing or rights (except in her own mind) than Janelle or Christine...even less if you take in account she is actually divorced ( or Legal Divorce) from Kody. (On the bright side, she could leave at any time!)  I wouldn't be surprised if she asked for a new commitment ceremony from him once she feels the need to feel special again.

• Love 2

Not that I am defending Kodouche and Sobbyn, but speaking as someone whose step-father legally adopted me when I was 8 years old, my parents asked me first, before filing. Of course, if was for appearances. What would have happened if I had said, "no thanks?"  My mother was already pressuring me to call my step father "Daddy" before the ink was dry on the marriage license, throwing away any photos of my biological father, and crossing my biological last name out of any books that I owned with a big black Sharpie. I really DIDN'T have a choice, but they made it seem like I did by asking me before filing. Then, I had to go to court and testify that I was not being coerced (I lied), before my parents got any kind of final papers. So, really, telling the kids beforehand, and asking permission (even if it is just for show) is the right thing to do. 

That said, I can't imagine the dramacakes that we'd have to endure from Sobbyn if any of the Jessop kids had said, "But, what about our dad? I don't want to hurt him."  I imagine her passive aggressive manipulations aren't just reserved for Kody and the three other wives. The kids probably get a subtle dose of it, as well.

You have an interesting perspective. You were not only put in a similar untenable position, you understand that despite being "asked," you were essentially powerless over the decision. Can you imagine having that done in front of a camera crew?  It's really despicable.

I had to laugh at Sobbyn's tears when Meri and Christine talked about not being as close to the younger kids as they used to be with the older ones, and how they blame that on not all living under one roof anymore. Yeah, Sobbyn. Cry away. They were happier before you showed up, basically. They were closer with the kids before you. You KNOW that's why she was bawling. She read that as a slam against HER.

I think Robyn hates, more than ANYTHING ELSE, all reminders that Kody had a complete life before she showed up, and if there is any hint that, a) they had happy times without her and, b) they were sometimes happier before she showed up, Robyn loses it. She desperately needs to feel as though the entire family was ultimately unfulfilled until she arrived, milling around with a Robyn-sized emptiness in their souls. *snort.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 15

What I got from watching the fictional Big Love series, the polygamist household is run by the first, legal wife. She is the one who manages the household finances, pays the other wives their allowances, assigns duties like chauffeuring the kids around, and sets the husband's conjugal schedule. On the show the other wives sometimes call her "boss lady." it is the role that Meri should fill but she has been deposed. She's such an emotional wreck that she can't do the job.

Even if Kody and Meri still own Meri's home jointly, that was property that Kody possessed prior to his marriage to Robyn. Personal property brought into the subsequent marriage doesn't automatically become joint property of the new spouse.

• Love 4

They won't have those houses for much longer. They used interest-only mortgages. I think they had 3 years to purchase houses outright. They're nearing that deadline and there's no way the family has almost $2 million to cough up for the 4 houses. I don't even know how they'll manage to pull enough together for one house.

And even if they have been socking away money enough to scrape through and convert to conventional mortgages, they will be even more house-poor than they are now. Every single one of them except Janelle operates on a pie-in-the-sky, we-totally-deserve-the-things-we-want ethos--and Janelle is almost worse, because she has a better financial grasp on reality but chooses to float along with the rest of them. Remember when they were first arranging to go to Vegas and their initial offer on some houses fell through? There was a little video of them on the TLC website, peering through the windows of said homes, oohing and aahing, and Christine said, "These should be ours. God wants us to have these houses." (That's not verbatim, but almost...). They're like children who live in a fifth-floor walkup wanting Santa to bring them a pony for Christmas.

• Love 7

I just want to know how they all have these HUGE houses on seemingly decent parcels of land yet aside from Janelle, no one really works. Kody should have his happy ass out working every damn day instead of worrying about his man bun, his flip flops and being the CEO of his family...How do they all survive?

• Love 4

Some things I remember from the recap:

Meri:  "I think our relationship is stronger than it was when we were married."

Janelle:  "I think we're in a good place together.  Better than it's been in a long time."

Robyn:  (Are words really necessary to express her position?)

Kody (to Christine):  "I could feel my testicles shriveling up when you told me I couldn't go boating with Gary.  You have PMS or some other hormonal issue.  I will not deal with this."

Yep, no favorites in this bunch.  Or three of them, depending on your point of view.  I just can't believe there are four women on earth who would remain in this weird relationship.

• Love 8

I don't know if Robyn's ex is paying child support, but it's possible that he isn't required to.  And Robyn is the one who moved the kids far away from him.  It should be her responsibility to make sure he gets to see them.

When they were talking about Kody being able to adopt Robyn's kids, they said that it would be easier because they are now legally married and own a house together.  Originally, Meri and Kody jointly owned her house, but the other three owned their homes on their own.  (And I am using the term "own" loosely.)  So did they take Kody off of Meri's house and put him on Robyn's?

They talk about what would happen if anything happened to Robyn (or any of the wives) -- who would get the kids?  But what if Kody dies?  The wives would obviously have their own kids.  But what if, say, Kody and Christine were in an accident and were both killed.  The other wives would have no claim to Christine's kids.  Perhaps they have done wills and named guardians, but that would require a level of thought and planning that I'm not sure they are capable of.

• Love 4

They all seemed happier when they lived in one big house - and most of them worked.   Christine seemed to love her role as stay-at-home mother, Janelle had a great paying job, Meri worked, and here's the real stunner - Kody actually had a regular job.   He seemed to interact more with his kids on a daily basis, and their life seemed more centered.  Along come Robin and things fall apart quickly - coupled with Kody becoming hooked on his new found "stardom".    His ego is out of control.

When Janelle moved out several years ago she seemed to make a good life for herself, and I hope she's getting ready to do it again.   Her comments last night about having a job of her own (not in that loser jewelry business), her growing independence from the rest of the wives, makes me think that she knows this house of cards is getting ready to fall apart - and she's the one who will land on her feet. 

Christine has lost her place in this group.   Kody seems increasingly more and more annoyed with her, and it seems that Robyn is the cause.  

Meri - well, she's just miserable, but too lazy to do anything about it.  She has every opportunity with a child at home to go out and do whatever she wants, but there is a part of her that's willing to take her share and let it all play out.   Robyn doesn't like the fact that she isn't volunteering to watch her kids, take the load off of her.

There is zero equity in those houses, so if they walk away it will be a wash.   Robyn will NEVER move in to one big house - and the rest of the wives have gotten used to being on their own.    When the show is cancelled, Janelle will go on her own, Christine will move somewhere with her mom, Meri will move back to Utah - maybe with family and Kody & Robyn will move into a small apt on the Vegas Strip, with Robyn setting her high standards aside and be a cocktail waitress ;-)

• Love 7

Now that would be something!  Robyn supporting Kody as a cocktail waitress...Kody stuck at home supervising five children, 3 of which he adopted.  And then they are upset when they can't get any child support out of Robyn's X!  It would be hilarious if it didn't involve the kids.

• Love 7

Now that would be something!  Robyn supporting Kody as a cocktail waitress...Kody stuck at home supervising five children, 3 of which he adopted.  And then they are upset when they can't get any child support out of Robyn's X!  It would be hilarious if it didn't involve the kids.

Now THAT is the reality show we have been waiting for!

• Love 3

I also wonder about these therapists who just validate all their delusions about how Kody loves them. It's plain to all the rest of us to see: he's a narcissist and the only person he's in love with is himself.

I take a dim view of men who splinter off from established religions and start their own, appointing themselves as supreme head/high priest of their own church. That's what Henry VIII, David Koresh, Jim Jones, etc all did. I think Kody's friend Ken, suggesting he give up polygamy and return to their church is correct.

Perhaps this is Robyn's plan, to be the only wife, and return to the LDS.

The religion the Brown's practice is the origins of Mormonism. Kody certainly didn't splinter off and create it. It is interesting when men raised LDS - Kody and Brady from My Five Wives - decide to become polygamists. In both their cases, their parents converted first. Why the parents converted is the more interesting story, IMO.

• Love 3

If they leave, they're just semi-employed single mothers.  If they stay, they're reality show stars with income from TV and a following.

The gravy train won't last though. I am surprised they got this season and I am thinking that it's because the Duggers were cancelled and TLC needed to fill in a time slot. 

• Love 5

I really don't understand why Janelle and Christine are still drinking the kool-aid.  They should just get out.

In my opinion, the converted are often the true fanatics - think Michelle Duggar.  Janelle is the convert in this family, and really seems the biggest believer.  She has the most to lose if she were to admit converting to polygamy was a disaster.  She left once because she felt her children were suffering, only to come back.  I think she's in it now for the long haul. 

I think Janelle's desire to come to a peaceful place with Meri is heartfelt.  She was extremely nervous and vulnerable.  And I don't blame Meri for being skeptical.  Every reunion of this show has painted Janelle (again) as the tragic victim, and Meri (again) as the selfish monster.  Every.single.year.  And every reunion Meri grovels, and Janelle sits aloof.  Meri is in self-protection mode.

• Love 2
I think she's in it now for the long haul.

I agree. Of the whole bunch of them I think she's the only one that truly believes the claptrap.  The rest mouth the words but, at least for Kadoofus, it's all about boinking his brains out and calling it a religion.

• Love 2
for Kadoofus, it's all about boinking his brains out and calling it a religion.

I hope he loses his hair, his ability to have an erection, and the income from this show. I would wish him broke on the street and worse if it weren't for the innocent children involved in his shenanigans.

• Love 14

I'm gonna call Kody out on something else he said. He said in an interview that the profits from the Sister Wife's Closet supported two families.  He was lying, I'm sure. 

I'm going to be generous and assume he meant the family of Kody (just Kody) and maybe the family of Meri (minus Mariah off at college).

• Love 3