Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05: The Guy Who Gets A Hickey

This show is becoming a running joke, so much product placement. The "relationships" just seem all kinds of staged. How convenient that Ashley just happens to see the photos after Devin and Mikey take them at the restaurant.

I like Lacey's haircut, she works it better than Suckleisha. If I was Ava I would have had them remove that mullet in the back during the retouch challenge. IDK if that was a hickey on Dustin's neck, he could have been bitten by a mosquito, tick, flea while outside. I'm sure if someone in the house gave him a hickey, they would have shown it on tv.

Devin in the retouch with that birds of paradise thing again, I get it's his signature but use that in moderation and used it again during the photoshoot. Oy.

Mikey, Ashley, Devin, and Bello are all asshats. I'm surprised that Bello isn't in that trio, because they are all stank. That Ava/Mikey/Devin confrontation, so manufactured because it wasn't even that big of a deal about wanting her picture down and Ava could have easily ignored that shit.

Courtney, ugh just not liking her. Hung up on Mikey, saying he's leading her on and she has a crush on him and yet she has a boyfriend. 

I'm just not a fan of these photoshoots, they don't scream fashion and it makes it seem that Tyra just given up on looking for a fashion model that travels the world. She's looking for pretty people to take photos. Tyra and her isms are getting a little irritating. If Tyra was strutting down Project Runway in the outfits that she's been wearing lately, Heidi, Michael, and Nina would be tearing her outfits apart. Showing bra straps in an outfit is always tacky, it can never be cute.

Miss J comes off as a hater this season.

Nyle, Hadassah, & Mikey's photos were just not good and didn't like Courtney's either. Janice Dickinson would have tore Ava's photo apart because Janice doesn't like amputee photos or where limbs are cut off. Nyle has got to give better facial expressions. Bello's wasn't that great either, the hand just sticking out like that, made it look like a tree branch and he still looked short in the photo, that long hair has got to go. Dustin's photo he looked like a damn toddler, so damn short.

That guy who's the creative director, he sucks. He comes off so rude and I just don't like him. Bring Mr. Jay back please.

How do you rank something 9.2, 8.8 etc.? I don't understand at all. I can understand a .5 like 9.5, 5.5., etc. but other numbers, not at all. What are they saying I wanna give you an 8 but you did something extra so I'm give you a .4?

Had a feeling that Dustin would be eliminated, he doesn't scream model, so don't know what Tyra is talking about when she told him she sees high fashion. I don't. He's hot no doubt but model, not so much.

The prize of being offered a contract from Next, can't be all too promising. You may be offered one. Tyra is picking short people to model, is she trying to break barriers or something, looking for the next Kate Moss? Since she's trying to break barriers, why won't she start her own modeling agency? She can hire whoever she likes since she likes diversity in the modeling world of short, plus size, people who don't look like models, she can have it all at her agency.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Lacey is fierce.  She'll probably go home next.

Mikey is such a dick. I would set his hair on fire if I had to live with him.  And Ashley girl, since he took his bro Devin to a romantic dinner, you should stop canoodling with him asap. 

Courtney needs to suck it up and get a backbone.  Stop that damn crying! 

Hadassah is so beautiful, but the camera doesn't like her.  Also Dustin and Nyle.

Devin is so much easier on the eyes now.  Just keep your fingers out of your face!

• Love 1

Damn! at Justin's challenge pic. He is too fine. Speaking of fine, why haven't any of the ladies try to get with Nyle yet? I would have been all over that and learning to sign like nobody's business!

Ashley got played. Hopefully she sees what Mikey is really about.

I actually love Devin and find Bello super annoying. He's just mad he's not in the DNA clique.

Justin and Nyle. Mmmmm. And Dallas...oh wait. Crap.

Hadassah is a super sucky model.

• Love 1

Speaking of fine, why haven't any of the ladies try to get with Nyle yet?

If I were to guess it's because women tend to expect men to be the aggressors in relationships and Nyle seems to be very introverted and socially awkward in a non-deaf environment. Also as a member of a multi-generation deaf community, it's questionable how into non-deaf girls he is.

• Love 2

Lacey is fierce.  She'll probably go home next.

She kind of reminded me of Janet Jones in the "A Chorus Line" movie except brunette in her photo shoot. That styling really suited her and she went with it.

I appreciate that Nyle figured out he must always be shirtless. Its just better that way.

And more stuffed animal drama with the flinging of the stuffed bear! That stuffed animal is vying for screen time.

OH! And now we all know how to fiercely piss and shit. Not that I needed a lesson.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 7

Lacey is amazing. She has little hope of winning this joke of a show, and even if she does it's unlikely to do her any favors, but my lord, is she gorgeous! I also like Ava and Nyle and Justin. Devin is a good model, but his personality is stank...which puts him at the top of the heap, for sure.

I don't care much for or about anyone else.

• Love 1

Uggo and Fuggo can go home anytime now. They are clearly only both here to stir up the requisite trashy reality TV drama.

Yu Tsai has a terrible attitude. Did he really tell Mame to "suck on something else?" That constitutes sexual harassment. No wonder photo shoots under his direction turn out so poorly. I wish someone would give him a hard slap across his face and then promptly fire him.

Nyle is so handsome but sadly he never changes his facial expression when modelling. His stunning looks can only take him so far.

I'm disappointed that Ashley seems to have no backbone and has joined the mean girls (and boys) club. I thought with her sob story of being the victim of sexual abuse she'd be more compassionate towards others, but apparently not.

Ava's mullet still looks hideous.

I noticed Tyra managed to tell Courtney to brush her teeth again this week, albeit it "fiercely." Heh.

• Love 1

She kind of reminded me of Janet Jones in the "A Chorus Line" movie except brunette in her photo shoot.

Not Janet Jones in "American Anthem"?

The only part of the show that I really remember was the close-up on Nyle's nipple when he was comforting Courtney in the shower.

• Love 4

My repulsion for Mikey knows no bounds. His fug hair, fug ink, and even fugger personality. These girls need to raise their standards! He not only seems like he doesn't pay bills, but also like he doesn't' shower and maybe can't read.

I miss last season's crop that were, especially by contrast, waaaaay more modelesque and attractive inside and out.

This group make me feel like a grandmother too old to watch because they're so juvenile. Guess this is what happens when you cast from the Instagram kids. They mostly look like your friend or friend of friend from Instagram, not models.

I sincerely hope Courtney gets help for her eating disorder! She doesn't brush her teeth because it hurts! It's probably full of sores and bloody gums from malnutrition just like her lack of protein affects her mobility on the shoot.

Glad ultra bland Dustin is gone. 

Devon looks like Kermit the Frog with that giant scary mouth. 

Nyle looks like a hot soccer dad, not a model.

I liked that they did No Retouching and should do this theme every week.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 3

This group is just abhorrent, with the exception of Nyle, and the possible exception of Ava and Justin. Yeah, I know, Justin calls himself JSmoo-something, but he's kind of lovably doofy in spite of that and I haven't really seen him be mean to anyone.

I hate Mikey's, Devin's and Ashley's personalities so much. Sad, because when the show first started, I was thinking of Ashley as s possible dark horse winner.  Mikey or Devin, unfortunately are probably the eventual final two and of those two, I don't care who wins. Maybe they'll both be disqualified at the last minute. Closely on their heels is Courtney. I do not know why she's still there. She's too fragile and definitely has some sort of eating disorder; I can't believe Tyra would allow that. She's painful to watch and adds nothing to the show, right along with "MDA" (model dumb asses?). I almost can't believe I'm even still watching this tripe.

Bello didn't even bug me as much this week; his hair's still way too long, though. Nyle is beautiful but he's definitely not a model. I don't think he has it in himself to have an edgy, tough, strained or whatever face.

Hadassah doesn't have me fooled for a minute. She's probably trying hard to be better liked and she was certainly less annoying this week than all the other weeks. That said, while I do think she's pretty, I totally agree with whomever said the camera does not like her. Nothing about her translates into her photos, and I don't see how she can be a model in that case.

No one FTW! Well, except maybe Nyle, but he'll never make it that far.

• Love 3

It really does make me uncomfortable to see these foolish morons take direction from an obvious and raging drug addict like You Sigh week after week. Seriously, his eyes look like road maps.

It's time to replace Kelly. The Hills was a long time ago and her hag wit has long run thin.

Devian and Mike have bonded over being assholes! How charming. Ashley looks like she smokes the rock. I know we're supposed to root for Nyle, but there's something off about him.

This is like a season of Fugrondas.

• Love 3

Wow, Mikey reveals himself as a bigger piece of shit each episode.

Not that his "enemy" Bello is any better. 

Frankly, Nyle seems like the only normal adult in there, hearing or lack of hearing. Actually to give her credit, Lacey seems fairly normal too--she seems to be staying mostly out of everything (at least the editing suggests that).  Which is why Nyle takes her seriously and not anyone else. Ava and Justin seem mostly okay too, although Ava really IS too short, and Justin should just keep his dick in his pants--metaphorically, I mean, since I doubt he's actually doing it with Mamé. Who by the way just needs to grow up and ditch her stank attitude. She's not QUITE as toxic as the Mikey, Ashley and Devin gang, but she just needs to ignore the talentless Hadassah--who will eliminate herself soon enough anyway through sheer incompetence. 

Courtney is one of those "broken girls" Tyrant loves to have on the show every few cycles to teach lessons to the audience. Anti-bullying. Anti-anorexia. Anti-lots-of-stuff. Shame on you, Tyrant. She's a real person.  If she's that broken get her to a shrink--not to a camera.

Dustin going home?  Who cares.  I'd barely remember who he was if Nyle hadn't mentioned him this episode.

To me Lacey being THIS good means she goes second or third to last. Some crazy person will probably win over her, with Lacey getting some last minute slightly negative tag added to her ("boring", "safe", or something else they invent). I dunno. Probably Tyra's mini-Tyra (blech!).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I don't think Courtney has an eating disorder, I think she is naturally bony, surely suffers from anxiety and is also one of those mythical unicorns who can forget to eat.  She said in a talking head that she used to be bullied because of being skinny and her (awful) teeth.  Her teeth are so bad that she probably came from a low income home--perhaps also there was not alot of food.  I think for Tyra to put a short horribly bucktoothed girl in a modeling show is almost criminal.

Ava went from being the cute, sunny girl to a middle-aged Mom in a 70s sitcom with that hairdo.  Seriously she looks 35 now.  She doesn't even try to put a flower crown on that dreck, I noticed.

Dustin is perhaps one of the worst models they ever had on this show.  I know he's a farm boy and stuff but it almost seems he's afraid of looking gay if he moves in a photo.

I think Mikey's Mom took drugs while she was pregnant , by his behavior.That said, he is still the one of all of them that has a stab at a real modeling career. He's tall enough and Tyra, like it or not, that is the standard.

Lacey works it but her legs are way too short.

Ashley--whoaa-- that must hurt. her hair is awful, Tyra ruined her, she doesn't even look cute anymore

Hadassah has a gorgeous body.

Devin will NEVER cease to slay me with his catalog of poses.  He is constitutionally incapable of keeping his fingers out of his mouth.

• Love 4

Jeez, I just can't with these mean girls anymore.  I'm gonna start taping the damned show so I can fast forward past the Drahmah and just watch the modeling.  And look at Nyle.

Lacey did have a fantastic picture, and kudos to her for staying out of the crap.  Ava should've gotten second call out; her picture was also excellent.  Mame's was overrated, as was Mikey's.  He's really stank as a human being, but he is a decent model.  I feel sorry for Courtney, and she is also a decent model on film, but she stands no chance of booking jobs in person; I hate seeing her bullied by the mean girl gang, though, so Yay! for Nyle comforting her in the shower.  I was hoping Hadassah would go since Dustin is easy on the eyes, but I won't really miss him.

I'm hoping for a Lacey-Nyle final, with her winning.  Although Ava is welcome to join that club.

Edited to add: again YAY!!!! for Nyle in the shower!

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2

I would love to see a Lacey/Nyle finale, but I don't think Nyle is long for this competition. He's pretty, but SO FLAT in his pictures. But I love him, and he's one of the only sane ones, so I want him around. (Of course, since he doesn't bring the drama, he won't last long.)

I just need Mikey and Devin to start taking shitty pictures that reflect their shitty personalities. Because I need them gone. I know Tyra wants behind the scenes drama, but they're just awful, terrible people. It's funny because while I still don't like Bello very much, he suddenly became almost rootable when Devin and Mikey became so completely awful.

Lacey's hair actually does totally work with her face, and could be one of Tyra's most successful makeovers ever. Go figure. She's quite stunning. And seems to know how to take a good photo, so I'm pulling for her to take the crown in the end. I say crown, such as it is. I figure if this show keeps chugging along, eventually that'll be the prize pack. "You've won a product-placement camera phone to take your own photos, a tiara from Party City and bus fare home! Congratulations!"

Seriously, this show is so far past its prime, it's sad. A whole challenge based around posing for a camera phone? And if that guy was really a professional photographer, I felt bad for him having to use that. It must have been painful. Plus, the lack of budget is causing all kinds of seams to show. Hey models! (used loosely) It's time for your photo shoot! Just come out to the back yard because we can't afford to rent studio space twice in one week, and pose with some cardboard boxes painted by some interns while Tyra's boyfriend takes your pictures again! Remember when they actually had a variety of fashion photographers? And interesting photo shoot set-ups? Ah, the good old days. 

To be fair, at least Tyra's bf's photos all seemed to be in focus this week!

• Love 9

I don't think Courtney has an eating disorder, I think she is naturally bony, surely suffers from anxiety and is also one of those mythical unicorns who can forget to eat.  She said in a talking head that she used to be bullied because of being skinny and her (awful) teeth.  Her teeth are so bad that she probably came from a low income home--perhaps also there was not alot of food.  I think for Tyra to put a short horribly bucktoothed girl in a modeling show is almost criminal.

Right? That poor child's teeth enter the room five minutes before she does. I'm screaming "TYRA! Get this girl some ivisaligns!" at my teevee all the time. When I'm not screaming "DEVIN! Get your damn hands out of your mouth!" What the hell is with that guy? Is he three? And no one says a word to him about it? Not Tyra, not Miss J, not Kelly? Janice wouldn't have let him get away with that. Mikey is just some sort of douche-bro troll, I guess? Courtney keeps rushing off and crying so that someone will feel sorry for her and come coo over her. That will get old very, very fast.

The faux drama is so very faux this season. I love Nyle, though, so that's something. 

• Love 1
I feel sorry for Courtney, and she is also a decent model on film, but she stands no chance of booking jobs in person;

That's my issue too. Surprisingly she photographs well(ish), but I could never see her walk the runway and I could see designers not hiring her because she really doesn't seem to be pretty in person. 

I'm gonna start taping the damned show so I can fast forward past the Drahmah and just watch the modeling.  And look at Nyle.

I use my "mute" button a lot.  I only listen to the photo shoot and the judging.  I refuse to listen to the "models" yammer at each other for any reason.  Makes it a lot more enjoyable!

• Love 3

I use my "mute" button a lot.  I only listen to the photo shoot and the judging.  I refuse to listen to the "models" yammer at each other for any reason.  Makes it a lot more enjoyable!

I feel like that's pretty much how Nyle is experiencing the house, which is probably the best way! :D

• Love 7

I couldn't figure out why Ashley would want anything to do with gross, ghetto Mikey.  Then I realised that she's gross and ghetto too, so it made sense.  Making out in a room full of people trying to sleep?  Crass.  I feel like they picked a whole bunch of gross people this cycle.  I think the only person who doesn't disgust me is Lacey and, possibly, Ava.

• Love 3

Devin has now gnawed on his fingers in EVERY PHOTOSHOOT, and I am beyond shocked that Yu Tsai, king of calling people out, hasn't called him out for it. Devin probably thinks it's a really sexy move, but it is so ugly and awkward.

• Love 5

Sheesh, what a reprehensible cast of characters.  

The judges aren't any better.  I don't get how Dustin gets called out on his 'blank' face yet Devin doesn't.  I'm also calling BS on Tyra's 'every one of your shots was gorgeous, I couldn't decide which one to use' comment to Devin; his work thus far has been a poor man's RuPaul or an audition for a sex doll (those fingers in/on the mouth - yuck).

Why is it a good thing to throw shade Devin?  How would you feel if some of that shade was tossed your direction?  What if we comment on your looks and 'drama' the way you picked on Courtney?  

I'm not going to dump on Courtney; I too suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and find it very easy to become so overwhelmed that I end up breaking down in tears for what people deem 'nothing' (and don't even get me started on how angry it makes me when people decide what is or is not appropriate for me to get upset/break down about).  I imagine that Courtney (who has admitted to being picked on/bullied) is feeling especially fragile because she (1) is out of her element, (2) doesn't have her support system with her, (3) hears the hypocritical comments (nothing sets me off faster than learning that some who talks nicely to my face is talking trash behind my back, (4) heard rude comments about Ava's (someone who has been kind and considerate to her) picture (and the comments were far nastier than 'I want her picture down so I can see mine there', and (5) and is called a liar while being told she 'shouldn't' feel the way she feels.  Good on Nyle for being the only adult in that house and understanding what Courtney is going through.  Ava and Lacey have also been nice to Courtney.  The contestants don't have to be friends, the should, however be civil to each other.  There's no need to pick on the weakest duckling.

I knew Dustin wasn't long for this competition, especially when Nyle mentioned that he was the only person in the house willing to learn a little bit of American Sign Language and attempt to relate to Nyle on Nyle's level.

I'm not a fan of Bello, however I do agree that it was rude/disrespectful to have a full on make-out session in the bed next to his -- especially since it seemed that the beds were pushed next to each other.  Bello had a right to be upset, he didn't need to have the full-out hissy fit nor did Mike need to threaten Bello.

I must be getting old because I do not understand how you jump into bed for make-out sessions (and based on some of the comments from the other contestants - more than a cuddle and a kiss was happening) with someone you just met.  In front of a house full of people. On television.

I just need Mikey and Devin to start taking shitty pictures that reflect their shitty personalities. Because I need them gone. I know Tyra wants behind the scenes drama, but they're just awful, terrible people. It's funny because while I still don't like Bello very much, he suddenly became almost rootable when Devin and Mikey became so completely awful.

<snipped.

To be fair, at least Tyra's bf's photos all seemed to be in focus this week!

I think their photos have been garbage since day one - honestly the only people who have taken decent photos (in spite of the stupid concepts and lousy photographer) are Ava, Lacey, Courtney, and Mane.- and still they've been hit or miss..... and I thought Devin's photo was blurry, it was noticeable when they went in for the 'face' close-up.

• Love 5

Seriously, this show is so far past its prime, it's sad. A whole challenge based around posing for a camera phone? And if that guy was really a professional photographer, I felt bad for him having to use that. It must have been painful. Plus, the lack of budget is causing all kinds of seams to show. Hey models! (used loosely) It's time for your photo shoot! Just come out to the back yard because we can't afford to rent studio space twice in one week, and pose with some cardboard boxes painted by some interns while Tyra's boyfriend takes your pictures again! Remember when they actually had a variety of fashion photographers? And interesting photo shoot set-ups? Ah, the good old days. 

I miss Mike Rosenthal, he's cute lol. Oh well the show will continue to go down a slippery slope. I can just imagine the final 5 going on go sees and using those horrible pictures they've taken so far in their portfolios.

• Love 5

I feel like that's pretty much how Nyle is experiencing the house, which is probably the best way! :D

I noticed a bunch of people in the room during the Bello Mikey drama and I wondered if Nyle just managed to sleep through the whole thing. Maybe not since I would guess the others turned on the lights in the room he would have been in which would have woken him up.  But honestly, what kind of skanky people make out (and probably more if Bello hadn't raised a ruckus) in the bed literally feet away from another person? That's so gross.  

• Love 2

I miss Mike Rosenthal, he's cute lol. Oh well the show will continue to go down a slippery slope. I can just imagine the final 5 going on go sees and using those horrible pictures they've taken so far in their portfolios.

Me too.  Him and the lovely Francesco.

I have to re-watch the show (I've missed a lot) but from what I get. 

1: whatever reason why Tyra and Jay Manuel broke up - Tyra needs to bring him back. I was tired of Manuel - but at least he tried to teach the models before he bitched about them. Yu Tsai is like NO! DON'T DO THAT, NOOO NOOOO.like shut up. 

2: I want Nigel back. again. at least he gave useful critique. Kelly going I don't think i could use you. because you look bad. (no help at alll) drives me nuts.

I get the no re-touch shoot, but it just screamed to me that this show has no money.

again, I have to rewatch, so I miss why Courtney was crying, or why Nyle (awww!) came in and asked her if she wanted to be alone, quit, or whatever. But my pet peeve is - sometimes people express their frustration by crying, and it's not playing a victim or whatever. it's just that they get so overwhelemed, crying happens. and sometimes it just happens more than you want it to.  Treating someone poorly and then go "well they have to get over it. they need to be tougher." drives me insane. 

• Love 6

I knew Dustin wasn't long for this competition, especially when Nyle mentioned that he was the only person in the house willing to learn a little bit of American Sign Language and attempt to relate to Nyle on Nyle's level.

I will volunteer to be Nyle's friend. I don't know much ASL, but I am a quick study. Particularly when I am motivated by such fine, fine eye candy surrounding a seemingly nice person as a bonus.

I hate Mikey. I hate him for being so crass to Courtney, then being crass to her for crying because he was being crass. I hate him for making Devin act even more annoying than he is on his own. I hate him for being a decent model, thereby ensuring that he will last even longer in this debacle. Worst of all, I hate him for making me side with Bello, which is making me twitchy.

• Love 12

I like Lacey's haircut, she works it better than Suckleisha. 

I think the haircut is a sad joke.  Horrible.  But Lacey is one of the stronger models the show has managed to somehow (despite itself) draw in the past few years, and similar to how Jourdan managed to "live" through her horrible "TyOver", Lacey has done the same (except simply hair dye won't fix this mess post show--but at least further trimming might make it less disgusting). 

In other words, it's probably true that a talented model can look good AROUND what she's modeling (in this case the hair).  Jourdan surprisingly actually won her Cycle (usually as we know, the actual talented models get tossed in the trash bin by the show), so perhaps Lacey can do the same. It's unlikely though. Seems to me (as I said upthread) that one of the freakshow contestants, or an ego-sop to Tyra, like her "mini-Tyra" contestant is more likely to take this.

• Love 2

Humans don't forget to eat for days on end. She is not such some high powered exec with a whirlwind schedule that barely allows her a moment for herself. Clearly Courtney is suffering from an eating disorder.

My advice to her would be instead of restricting calories so severely to keep her weight down, she should begin a weight training regimen. Courtney has such little lean body mass that even a simple task like balancing herself on the props was too taxing for her atrophied muscles, hence the incessant leg shaking during her photo shoot.

Tyra & co should really should enforce more rigid physical and psychological screenings during the casting process.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

Lacey is fast becoming my favorite in the competition despite her Tootie hairdo, as she really takes good photos. She also reminds me a little of Kayla the lesbian from the Ann cycle (15 I think) in that they both have disproportionately short legs and have to try to appear longer than they actually are.

Poor Dustin! I knew he wasn't long for this competition because his photos are just so flat. At least now he can smile as often and whenever he wants, so good for him.

Is Tyra really dating that photographer they use in every photo shoot? I didn't think Tyra would be into skinny and wrinkly 60 year old white guys that look like Sting and Gordon Ramsey, especially since he is neither famous nor successful.

I think we may be looking at a Devin vs. Mikey final 2, with Bello third, the way this season is shaping up. None of the girls are anywhere near model height so I doubt Next would actually offer a contract to any of them. Bello will be kept around to stir up drama, and then unceremoniously disposed of at the final 3, just like Cory from the first unisex cycle. I think of the remaining guys, Nyle and Justin will be eliminated at some point mid season for "resting on pretty" and only having 1 facial expression.

Man this show has really slipped in quality since even last cycle! The "models" they cast are seriously rough, probably the worst batch yet! Even cycle 14 is better by comparison and that is saying a lot. I think Devin and Mikey wouldn't even have gotten past the first or second week eliminations in previous cycles and here they are winning best photos and challenges.

Edited by Mattipoo

Lacey did have a fantastic picture, and kudos to her for staying out of the crap.

Lacey is stealth. I'm not criticizing because I find that kind of thing entertaining on a reality show like this and she also happens to be my favorite of the female models lookswise. But notice how in this episode she reminded Devin that Courtney was the one who told Ava about his and Mikey's comments and then oh-so-helpfully pointed him to Courtney's location. She extended the house drama significantly by doing that.

1: whatever reason why Tyra and Jay Manuel broke up - Tyra needs to bring him back. I was tired of Manuel - but at least he tried to teach the models before he bitched about them. Yu Tsai is like NO! DON'T DO THAT, NOOO NOOOO.like shut up. 

I can't stand Yu Tsai, but this about Jay is absence making the heart fonder - or at least memories hazier. Jay was terrible, no better than Yu Tsai. He was much nicer, granted, but his "advice" was supremely unhelpful and just consisted of stuff like, "You have to be fierce and work it!" He was not one to give the girls any tips that would be actually useful. Jay's photo shoots looked better, but not because of him; back in those days, the show did get some legitimate fashion photographers and spent some money on the shoots.

Mikey is an asshole, but barring him punching someone, he's going to be one of the last few standing. I hope Justin and/or Nyle can turn it on instead of coasting on their looks because they're the only ones who really stand a chance of beating Mikey for last male model standing.

• Love 2

Jay was supremely catty and impatient , especially when they cried. Yu Tsai seems to be actively trying to break them down to produce a feel-good motivational moment . He seems to relish bringing them back up from crying.

Yu was normal in the beginning and became less professional as the need for drama was communicated to him, which I suspect happened with Jay, too, because he was a totally different professional on Canada's Next Top Model.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 3

Lacey is stealth. I'm not criticizing because I find that kind of thing entertaining on a reality show like this and she also happens to be my favorite of the female models lookswise. But notice how in this episode she reminded Devin that Courtney was the one who told Ava about his and Mikey's comments and then oh-so-helpfully pointed him to Courtney's location. She extended the house drama significantly by doing that.

I can't stand Yu Tsai, but this about Jay is absence making the heart fonder - or at least memories hazier. Jay was terrible, no better than Yu Tsai. He was much nicer, granted, but his "advice" was supremely unhelpful and just consisted of stuff like, "You have to be fierce and work it!" He was not one to give the girls any tips that would be actually useful. Jay's photo shoots looked better, but not because of him; back in those days, the show did get some legitimate fashion photographers and spent some money on the shoots.

Mikey is an asshole, but barring him punching someone, he's going to be one of the last few standing. I hope Justin and/or Nyle can turn it on instead of coasting on their looks because they're the only ones who really stand a chance of beating Mikey for last male model standing.

Probably. I've OD'ed on this show this summer. LOL forgive me, i've clearly lost my mind heh

Edited by Daisy

I thought a lot of the photos were decent.  And most of the people are assholes, which is even more disappointing because they're all so old.  Like Mike (dude's, what, 26? time to not be Mikey).  

The product placement for the phone was weird to me only because this is a show about modeling, modeling is about selling stuff, and they aren't really trying to sell stuff through the creation of advertisements though they could do so easily.  I always thought that was lame, though, especially after watching Australia's version.  Find some sponsors, create some real ads for them for free.  Or is this show just that untouchable?

I like how Next showed up demanding some unretouched photographs.  I'm imagining they were burned in the past, wanted to see how good these kids were without hundreds of dollars in adjustments.  Speaking of...they really have to airbrush out tattoos and earning holes every time?  I get it but like...if this were a show about modeling they should've mentioned that at some point, to the contestants I mean, as something they probably shouldn't do to themselves if they want this kind of job.

I'm still on board with this show, I think, because I miss "The Real World" and this is about as close as I can get.  A bunch of sort-of pretty people in a house, you give 'em a job so they can't escape each other...and yeah this is like RW around the first Vegas season when it got gross, but I'm kinda fine with that for some reason.  I'll change my mind two weeks from now after they work the couples for maximum drama and it gets to be too much.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 1

I would love to see a Lacey/Nyle finale, but I don't think Nyle is long for this competition. He's pretty, but SO FLAT in his pictures. But I love him, and he's one of the only sane ones, so I want him around. (Of course, since he doesn't bring the drama, he won't last long.)

but we need a sane one for contrast and (shower) damage control... right? *crickets*

it was so obvious that Nyle's new friend who took time to learn a little bit of his language was a gonner... I mean his photo warranted that, but I'd rather they gave him another week lol poor Nyle he definitely needs a hug. "I volunteer!"© LOL

Lacey was my fav girl from the start. I'm glad she is doing well.

I know this show has stopped being about modeling 10 years ago, but this season is the new low. Just call it Big Sister and move on already... all the "relationships" and fake drama with few photocamera clicks, but not too much, not to distract the viewer from the main narrative......oh wait, there isn't even a camera, it's a freaking phone!

Product placement in Russia's Next Top Model has always been HORRIBLE: fake, in your face, annoying. ANTM is getting there in strides... Cold war? who will out-obnoxiously-product-place their competitor? Russia or USA? stay tuned!

These people are mostly all completely despicable. I may have to bow out early, which I've only ever done for Cycle 14.

Lacey FTW, obviously. I can stomach Nyle or Justin. The rest need to go home immediately in a mass octo-elimination.

Like Mike (dude's, what, 26? time to not be Mikey).

I'm pretty sure that Tyra's nonsense.

Jay was supremely catty and impatient , especially when they cried. Yu Tsai seems to be actively trying to break them down to produce a feel-good motivational moment . He seems to relish bringing them back up from crying.

Yu was normal in the beginning and became less professional as the need for drama was communicated to him, which I suspect happened with Jay, too, because he was a totally different professional on Canada's Next Top Model.

Yes, Yu Tsai has gotten worse and you can probably chalk it up to him being told to play it up for the cameras.  This man does still work professionally outside of this show so I take his asshatness as just being part of a role he's playing.  Jay Manuel could be catty is true.  The thing that annoyed me the most about him was that he would actually give good advice to the girls but only after they'd done the photoshoot.  It was completely eye rolling.  But yes, he was so good on CNTM.

Is Tyra really dating that photographer they use in every photo shoot? I didn't think Tyra would be into skinny and wrinkly 60 year old white guys that look like Sting and Gordon Ramsey, especially since he is neither famous nor successful.

Well, when Tyra was in Australia for AusNTM C9, she arrived there with Asla and the implication in the press was that they were a couple so yes, it looks like we're stuck with her boyfriend.  This is what happens when you don't have a budget.  So instead of Mike Rosenthal and Mike Ruiz, we get blurry photo-taking man.

I'm not so sure Mike and Devin will make top six.  I can't see Tyra having two guys who already have been signed and worked in the finals.  One of them maybe but not both.  I figure they'll last longer than necessary because they bring the drama but I don't see either of them winning.  I think it will be a girl.  Right now the only two who might make sense are Lacey and Mame.

Is it really worth it to win ANTM? It doesn't seem to be doing much for a lot of the people who end up getting on the show. Winner Brittani got a high fashion photoshoot but only after they changed her name to Brittani Autumn because they wanted to strip ANTM away from her and Fatima is getting a lot of high fashion work but they also told her that they wanted to strip ANTM away from her and distance her from that show so she can get more work. Fatima like CariDee said that they're not taken seriously in the fashion world because of ANTM, so I think it's best to not be on the show. So for any future aspiring models, don't go on ANTM.

• Love 2

I could actually see Lacey being the stealth winner of this cycle. She is just stunning. I don't think she'd know how to take a bad picture. And she seems to take direction well.  I'd love to see them make her Tootie cut just a smidge shorter, though ... 

I don't get the Mikey love at all. I have a feeling without the hair and beard he'd be eminently forgettable, but I think the whole grungy Jesus look limits his commercial viability.

Also, have they always ("aleays" being a relative term, since I guess this is just the third guy-girl season) had co-ed sardine-filled bedrooms? I also thought it was weird when they showed the night-vision shots of the room when the Bello-Mikey/Ashley drama was coming down, that the two beds opposite them appeared to be empty. Staged much?

I could actually see Lacey being the stealth winner of this cycle. She is just stunning. I don't think she'd know how to take a bad picture. And she seems to take direction well.  I'd love to see them make her Tootie cut just a smidge shorter, though ... 

You can tell she's stunning because the Tootie isn't dragging her down. It's an awful cut, but you just can't ruin that girl. Plus she seems to be a decent human.

Bello and Devin are so nauseating that it's seriously difficult to watch them.

• Love 1