Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Emotional Contagion

Tara Ariano

The team are on the run as fugitives when they fly to Zambia to gather leopard DNA in order to manufacture a cure for the abnormal behavior that's affecting animals worldwide. When it's time to leave, they need to reach out to an animal rights activist in order to get safe passage out of the country; and Chloe ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to avoid further bloodshed.

One can only hope that "the ultimate sacrifice" is that she leaves Irritating Flinty Voiced Reporter behind to face the FBI goons.  

I would be surprised if she dies.  She is the female lead and it has already been hinted that she and Jackson are going to get together.  Not that the book has anything to do with this show, but in the book

she and Jackson end up married with a five year old kid.

If she sacrifices herself to allow the others to escape, I would hope that Sinister French Guy teleports in and brings her to Zambia.  We haven't seen him in ages.

Chloe ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to avoid further bloodshed.

I bet the writers don't know what the phrase "ultimate sacrifice" really means -- because if it's anything else other than Frenchy McBugEyes dying it's just utter bullshit.  

I think that she might have to give up her oh-so fashionable footwear or something.

• Love 3

It's getting to the point that it's not even funny to snark on this show.

See -- even the animals in the back of the truck know that Chloe and Jackson shouldn't hook up.

And why did the animals freaking out sound like a really bad rave ?  It was just terrible.

I guess the sound bite to drink this episode was Abe saying "We're not his friends".

Chloe's "ultimate sacrifice" was stopping Lissa from shooting an FBI agent, and falling out of the back of the plane for her troubles.  Really ?  How is that her "ultimate sacrifice" ?  She didn't mean to fall out of the plane.

And what was with that bizarre camera work to make the animals more dangerous looking ?  It was bad, really really bad.

Really --  the loading ramp was held up by an incredibly thin piece of rope.  That's all !!  That's just crap.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

So close to killer zebras.  So, so very close.

Weren't the pix of the group being shown on TV the same ones we see during Abe's opening VO?  Show is budget conscious.

Off to Florida we go!  Drink it up in the motel, group, you're going to need it (as do all of us watching this).

The actress playing the woman activist was especially bad - glaring, squinting.  LOL.  What was the plan after breaking out the animals?  What were they going to do with them?  I don't pay strict attention...I thought for sure male activist had the defiant pupil at the end.  I guess not. 

So many LOL moments -

Jamie getting clueless zoo guy to give her the camera feeds or whatever that was.  I say we all try it! Then Mitch tells her he has faith in her, only later she crosses the camera feeds or something!!! hahaha!!!  The team guessing the security code (so easy, who knew??)

Never mind breaking out the animals when they know there's the mother cell going around.  But gotta get to Africa!

Mitch snarking all over the animal rights group was great (though his hair still bugs).

The warthog plotting with the serval.

Jamie:  What does it mean?  Mitch:  I don't know.  This is our crack team, folks.  But they got the extrapolator or whatever, so the DNA splicing can commence or something.

Don't kiss in front of the animals!  I love how Chloe & Jackson are all "what's happening" like they haven't seen animals displaying odd, crazy behavior lately?

I thought Ray was needed to pilot?  But Abe was piloting? 

oh Zoo, getting more ridiculous with every minute of every episode.

Two hours next week - that way they can do a big "season final of Zoo !!!" the week after.

Edited by raven
  • Love 4

Sigh.... you keep letting me down, Zoo.  I always expected you to be stupid, but I wanted you to remain entertainingly so, like the early episodes featuring Evil Cat Trees and Wolf Prison Breaks.  But you keep doing these lame episode, where the animal carnage is kept to a minimum (or not at all), and keep focusing on stupid humans being stupid humans.  Boo!

So, if we didn't have enough on our plate, they have have to introduce this dumb animal right's group named FARM (Mitch/Billy Burke's reaction to that name pretty much says it all), who is led by a guy name Ray, who had a few run-ins with Jackson and Abe, and who can't be trusted.  Which, of course, means Jackson's suggests they go see him, and he agrees only if they help with a zoo break. Despite Abe's vigorous protests and even Mitch being like "This seems bad, guys", they go through with it.  And since Abe and Mitch are really the only two I somewhat respect on any levels, they turn out to be right on the money.  It's a clusterfuck and they end up getting Agent Xander Berkeley back on their trail.  To be fair to FARM (ugh) though, it sounded like it might have been Jaime that screwed things up, so that's par for the course, I guess.

Anyway, they at least get the plane, but Agent Xander Berkeley chases them and then FARM (ugh again) lady tries to shoot him, so for some reason, Chloe thinks the only option is to stop her by tackling her off the plane?  Why not just shove her off?  Or was she trying something else?  What the hell was she doing?!  Why not yank her back or something?  Whatever: in the end, Chloe isn't going to Africa, but with Agent Xander Berkeley.  Which is a major bummer for Jackson, since he finally got to the kissing phase of their relationship.  Only thing that saved that little moment was the animals rioting.  Go animals!

Also not all that wild that Ray is going to stick around, since I don't dislike Warren Christie exactly, but I find him to kind of be an one-note actor, who can really only play one type of character, and I don't see that type of character making this show any better.  Why couldn't it have been someone from Revolution, instead?

I guess Delvanne and Steven Culp are still in the office glaring at each other.

Two hours next week?!  I can only hope they will finally get back to animal carnage.

• Love 3

I'm amused that at some point someone made the choice that at this point in the story Mitch would be so fed up with this shit that he should be downing beers all through planning sessions to avoid the Feds and try to stop some massive global threat.

Just what we needed...a new bunch of bad actors and another Scooby Doo plot. I don't care about Ray and his past adventures and, unfortunately, he seems to be sticking around.

How did Jamie suddenly become the tech guru? There had to be a better candidate for that skill set because, quite obviously, she isn't very good at it.

I've always thought that James Wolk had a lot of charisma...until this show and it's less than stellar writing. His main purpose to the plot is exposition-bearer.

No surprise that one of them can fly a plane. Luckily, it's Abraham - the only one that I have any confidence in.

This episode contained some of the worst dialogue that I have heard in quite awhile, particularly Frenchy Bug-Eyes' job description. Not quite sure how she and Ray's female buddy managed to tumble out of the plane.

Not a good episode...not even for this show.

• Love 3

I assume the animals rioted during the kiss because they interpreted the kiss as the first step on the way to making more human babies.

Every time Abe said "This is a bad idea," I should have taken a drink--I'd be sound asleep now.

And I'm sure the script writer was using Abe to give voice to his own sentiments about this week's plot.

If Ray's plan was to set the zoo's animals free in Africa, shouldn't there at least been a mention about how animals raised in captivity don't typically survive in the wild? "This is a bad idea" on so many levels.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 8

Ray was going to take three camels, two zebras, a serval and a warthog to Zambia? All that work for 6 animals?

When the zebra broke free, how come the lift gate of the truck fell? Was it the same chain? And the car that got hit, why was it following so closely? When I drive, I stay as far away from semis, the menaces of the highway. That car was practically touching the truck's bumper. It was so close that my first thought was that the truck was towing the car on a hitch.

Chloe could have easily just knocked the butt of the gun. She didn't need to tackle Anissa, and she didn't need to fall out of the plane. Why couldn't it have been Jamie instead?

• Love 2

Man, I knew they were overstating things with "ultimate sacrifice".

I think only the last ten minutes were relevant; for those who want know whether to bother. Unfortunately, I think the last ten minutes were also the dumbest out of an entire episode of Dumb. In summary, Zoo Croo got some equipment they needed for the cure; everyone --sans Frenchy-- made it to the plane and are now bound for Africa.

The one piece of Dumb I'd like to tackle: Ummmm ... How did Zoo Croo even make it from the highway to the plane??  The FBI Dude knew that's where they were headed, right? No phone call to airport security? In this post-9/11 world, did they really just jump the fence? How in the world do they expect to be allowed to land anywhere without a flight plan? Or without being detected? It's not even a small plane! The whole thing is a bad idea, but it'll work because Zoo. Gah!

Two hours next week - that way they can do a big "season final of Zoo !!!" the week after.

Series; series finale! Don't jinx it!

So I'm guessing that the animal of the week did little damage and was forgotten about the second they found a temporary solution ?

We even had several species animals that were of the same mind apparently, but they didn't even get to do any attacking! And no, no solutions.

• Love 7

Zebras!  Here's hoping they stomp Ray and his cohorts to pulp!  What are the morons planning to do with the liberated camels?  Turn them loose in the glades?

Scoop McClueless has screwed up her part of the plan...  OMG!  The environmentally friendly idiots are packing heat!  And of course, Ray Ridiculous stops one near the heart, and Snarky Mitch pulls it out with a BBQ tongs and a Bic lighter.  And why do they always have a cheap, enamelled bowl to drop the slug into?  It's like extracting a Hollywood bullet isn't successful until the audience hears the metallic clank of it being dropped.  Anyway, it's out, so in about 10-15 minutes Ray will have recovered enough to fly the Atlantic. OMG!  Ray wants to take the entire menagerie with him to Africa!  Along with his gatt. 

OK, Chloe, we understand.  You really want a blowjob.  Now please stop sweet-talking Jackson Azz.  Wait, the plane is stolen too?  OMG!  The blowjob is about to happen right now?  In the back of a truck that smells of sh...  uh, scat?  Killer zebra!  And I understand how he feels, because I'm nauseated at the sight too.  Tsk!  The killer zebras aren't killing anyone and Xander Berkeley was right there!

Wait, is that a de Havilland Caribou?!??  It's only got a range of about 1/3rd the distance from Florida to the nearest part of Africa.

I assume next week, Chloe will clear their names while the rest of them save the World.  All in two hours, less time for adverts.  Well, the summer is coming to an end, so I guess it's about time for this show to do the same.

(I now have a keyboard macro that types "OMG!")

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 2

why do they always have a cheap, enamelled bowl to drop the slug into?  It's like extracting a Hollywood bullet isn't successful until the audience hears the metallic clank of it being dropped.

And, as in this case, the clank is preceded by a really pregnant pause--whether Billy Burke's choice or the director's, that extra second when the bullet was shown on the camera before clanking is why I still watch this show. It's that little fourth wall breakthrough that says with us: Seriously?

Wait, is that a de Havilland Caribou?!??  It's only got a range of about 1/3rd the distance from Florida to the nearest part of Africa.

I knew there was a reason I was surprised to learn that Ray had a plane and not a boat. Well, actually, I was thinking of the passport problem.
  • Love 2

Gotta give it to FBI Xander Berkeley - he does not know what an extropolator is yet hearing such a thing has been stolen he comes to the conclusion that the 12 killer gang must be the culprits. That's some impressive reasoning Mr Suit!

Why did Abe object to wearing the lion mask? Clearly this is the most burning issue I had with this episode.

I'm afraid to keep watching this show, for fear that my remaining brain cells will turn to mush.

Not to worry - the mother cell will fix you!

I'm holding on until the end of this season but this is tough.  I can't take much more of this crap.  If there's another season, I definitely won't be watching.  

Hell, the only reason I would watch another season would be a complete rehaul featuring Mitch and Abe as some sort of crackpot version of animal Sherlock & Watson. Each episode they clear an animal accused of some minor or major misdeed. Occasionally the animal will be completely innocent and the real culprit was a human causing misanthropic Shermitch to snark that humans suck - in other cases the animal was provoked by human stupidity - cue more snark by Shermitch. Abe could act as human handler stoping basically everyone from killing Shermitch.

• Love 3

Every time I heard the word 'extrapolater" my mind translated it to "interocitor", I should have had a drink every time.

Best line of the episode, in light of forum speculations and snark last week, goes to Mitch's "I'm with Abe", I cried with laughter.

• Love 2

Why did Abe object to wearing the lion mask? Clearly this is the most burning issue I had with this episode.

I paused at that one too - but then I realized Abe was the one who was dragged away by lions to be their snack stash. So he might have issues with lions.

I laughed at the bullet in the bowl too - in a medical center it makes some sense (if there are multiple metal objects, so they can count them, I guess...). 

I also enjoyed the FARM Jarhead offering up the perspective that it might be Wolk's character who is the magnet for bad karma. She has a point - except that Ray is written so clearly reckless and one note.

I liked Abe using the "you're just like your father" diss on Wolk - and enjoyed Wolk pouting about like a pubescent teen, his feelings all hurt. 

Okay, anyone out there work at zoo's? Are security guards armed? I was surprised at that. But then, I guess it is Florida, after all.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 4

I paused at that one too - but then I realized Abe was the one who was dragged away by lions to be their snack stash. So he might have issues with lions.

Oh, I had forgotten about that, thanks! I was wondering about the zoo security guards being armed too - and about their flashy uniforms. They looked more like zookeepers than your usual rent-a-cop who you'd expect to perform nighttime duties and being armed.

• Love 1

I don't even know where to start the snark with this episode, pretty much every scene was snark-worthy.

Their faces are plastered all over TV, but no one at the hotel called it in to the FBI?

Everything about FARM - UGH

"the kiss" - I was making the same noise as the animals when that happened. BLECH!

Do Zoo security guards often shoot to kill when they find trespassers? Yikes!

Airport security was quite lax there

Jamie screws everything up again - Shocker! The others should have thrown her off the plane into the FBI guys arms -- you can have her!

NO KILLER ZEBRAS! Although there were some angry ones

• Love 2

So the plan was to take the animals back to Africa? Zebras live on the savannah. Where were they going to take the camels? They are desert animals. I live in Vegas. Maybe they were just going to drop them on the Strip. According to the show, it doesn't really matter. Camels living on the Strip is about the same as living on the savannah in Africa.

Why do I even think about it? I just gives me a headache.

• Love 5

Yes, it's incredibly hard to find that gadget Mitch needed. So hard that you can get it on amazon! (Yes, the estimated delivery time might be a problem if you want to save the world but hey let's ship it to Zambia - it's probably there before team crackpot in that flimsy airplane)

• Love 4

I liked when Ray called the extrapolator the "velociraptor", because that's exactly what I was thinking.

Does no one in the FBI find it odd that Senior Dater (sorry, I don't know the character's actual name) hears the word "extrapolator" and instantly knows what it is?  The only reason why he knows what it is is because he's clearly on the take with Reiden Global.  

I didn't think Abe's aversion to the lion mask had anything to do with him getting almost eaten by lions.  I think it had to do with the stereotyping.  Abe is from Africa, the Lion King, Mufasa, big deep voice, etc.

• Love 2

The FARM activists were the worst. A bunch of ex-military soldiers of fortune who decided to "rescue" animals whether it benefited the animals or not.. 

I'm sure the animals were so much happier to be trapped in a windowless semi trailer and then let go in the middle of a freeway. Ugh. 

Was anyone bothering to water these animals? No one seemed to give a crap about the animals, themselves -- only their "cause". 

This show is the best comedy on television this summer. 

• Love 3

I didn't think Abe's aversion to the lion mask had anything to do with him getting almost eaten by lions.  I think it had to do with the stereotyping.  Abe is from Africa, the Lion King, Mufasa, big deep voice, etc.

No, I'm pretty sure it had to do with being attacked by lions.  If he was so insulted by being given a mask of an animal from Africa then he would've turned down the antelope mask he chose to wear.  On a related, I first thought the lion mask was a gorilla mask and couldn't believe the show would go there.

Thanks to the poster who pointed out Ray's plane wouldn't make it to Africa.  I thought it seemed far fetched that Oz & Abe would be on a first name basis with anyone who owned a plane capable of making a transatlantic flight.

Normally I'm pretty easy on this show but I feel the urge to nitpick this episode.

1)  Is it me or does it seem cruel to release an animal raised in captivity into the wild?  I imagine the zebra not making it a day on the savannah because it doesn't pick up on cues that there's a predator nearby.

2)  They need to use CGI to simulate the animals attacking because it's clear you can't make certain animals act pissed on command.  Did anyone notice that the camels were perfectly calm when they were supposed to be riled up?

Oh and I'm for Oz and Frenchie having sex in the back of truck filled with homicidal animals.  That's the kind of crazy this show needs.

The FARM activists were the worst. A bunch of ex-military soldiers of fortune who decided to "rescue" animals whether it benefited the animals or not.. 

I'm sure the animals were so much happier to be trapped in a windowless semi trailer and then let go in the middle of a freeway. Ugh. 

Was anyone bothering to water these animals? No one seemed to give a crap about the animals, themselves -- only their "cause". 

This show is the best comedy on television this summer. 

Actually Jackson mentions that he's going to provide water for the animals.  And the point you make about the activists caring more about the "cause" more than the animals, I think was touched upon by Abe and Mitch.

Edited by maczero
  • Love 6

Nothing makes sense in this show. I am hanging on to the end, but it gets harder every week. At least they are starting to go in the right direction by getting rid of Frenchy (except I fear that she'll be back...). This show had such potential. Sigh. Maybe it will end with the animals taking over the world? At least that would be satisfying.

• Love 2

So we finally get our killer zebras (with a side of killer camels) and...nothing. WEAK! I was promised killer zebras! Not some pain in the ass animal rights losers. 

I`m with Abe and Mitch on those idiots. A bunch of thrill junkies looking for a cause to justify themselves. Poor animals wouldn't last a day in the wild just being dumped there.  

Disappointed by the lack of animal attacks this week. Just a lot of threatening animal sounds? Come on! 

• Love 5

Nothing makes sense in this show. I am hanging on to the end, but it gets harder every week. At least they are starting to go in the right direction by getting rid of Frenchy (except I fear that she'll be back...). This show had such potential. Sigh. Maybe it will end with the animals taking over the world? At least that would be satisfying.

Frenchy will be back, unfortunately. She will re-appear in Africa with Senior Dater and a team of FBI agents ready to help our Scooby gang stop the impending animal revolution. Since we found out last night that one of her strengths is her "ability to assess a situation," we can rest assured that she will adequately explain their mission and why Jamie had to shoot Agent #12. Presumably, she will not mention the fact that Jamie and Agent #12 were about to hook-up before everything went awry.

I'm eager to see how all of this nonsense gets tied together in next week's two hour season finale. Is Mitch still running for his life while carrying the Mother Cell? Did Clem make it to Maine without Henry the Lab going beserk? Will Jackson's dad turn up in some remote hut in Africa? What will Carl Lumbly and Steven Culp do besides exchange worried glances?

I'm eager to see how all of this nonsense gets tied together in next week's two hour season finale. 

Unfortunately I don't think next week is the season (series?) finale.  If it was, they would have said so.  It's just a "two hour event".  There are 13 episodes total.  This week was #10.  So there will still be one more hour after next week's double.

My guess is they need to squeeze it in before the new fall season starts.  Not sure when networks start airing new shows, but maybe CBS didn't want to give up two hours on 9/16 if other networks are having brand new series.  Two hours on 9/9 is probably less critical.

• Love 1

I understand the zebra's reaction to the kiss - they saw it and thought - no first a kiss, then sex and then more humans to destroy our planet - NOOOOOOOOO

a worthy reason to riot. 

other than that, I got nothing out of this show. I have to admit, as I watch our politicians do everything but fix stuff, I feel humans are just screw up and the world would be better off without us. So more defiant pupils,  please.

• Love 2

Unfortunately I don't think next week is the season (series?) finale.  If it was, they would have said so.  It's just a "two hour event".  There are 13 episodes total.  This week was #10.  So there will still be one more hour after next week's double.

According to IMDB the last episode of season 1 (sigh) will air September 15. The following week tons of shows return relieving us from the horror of summer-hiatus.

1)  Is it me or does it seem cruel to release an animal raised in captivity into the wild?  I imagine the zebra not making it a day on the savannah because it doesn't pick up on cues that there's a predator nearby.

Definitely. I'm all for returning rehabilitated animals to the wild as long as they have decent chances to care for themselves and there are still natural habitats to be released into. But I just saw that 60 Minutes report on Damian Aspinall releasing an entire family of captivity-raised lowland gorillas in Africa and half of them (including most of the adults) were dead within a month.

• Love 3

So the plan was to take the animals back to Africa?

I watched this whole thing.  I really did.  But I somehow missed that despite seeing the animals on the plane.  They are going to an area that has no incidents of animal attacks to find an animal that isn't infected or whatever to create a cure.  So you the brilliant plan is to bring a bunch of infected animals to a place that they spent the entire last episode drawing circles on maps to find, thereby contaminating it.

• Love 7

The one piece of Dumb I'd like to tackle: Ummmm ... How did Zoo Croo even make it from the highway to the plane??  The FBI Dude knew that's where they were headed, right? No phone call to airport security? In this post-9/11 world, did they really just jump the fence?

I guess you missed this story from April, 2014:

HONOLULU (AP) — Airport officials in San Jose, Calif., say a 16-year-old boy who stowed away aboard a Hawaii-bound flight scaled a perimeter fence at the California airport while it was dark.

Etc.

• Love 1

Mitch: I vote we leave Ray behind. *everyone stares at him* What? I'm not a doctor. I didn't take the Hippocratic Oath.

Mitch: Never in the history of mankind has Clearwater, Florida been the answer to anything.

Oh, Mitch, marry me.

So the plane model is named for an animal, too?

Love that Dander Berkeley 's aide tripped over the term electripator (or whatever it is). This week's bit of reality.

• Love 6

OK so you mean to tell me that a cop was torturing a black dude in the middle of a crowded hospital and there was no one there with a cell phone secretly recording it? I knew this show could be just the slightest bit unrealistic at times but now they have taken it too far.

HONOLULU (AP) — Airport officials in San Jose, Calif., say a 16-year-old boy who stowed away aboard a Hawaii-bound flight scaled a perimeter fence at the California airport while it was dark.

Etc.

The differences though: in broad daylight, with the FBI RIGHT BEHIND THEM, seven people, one of whom has a bullet wound. THIS SHOW.

Edited by Trini

Etc.

Eh, the fence in San Jose is chain link (or at least it used to be) - not a massive wall of concrete with no toeholds. (which was the only thing they had access to, at least the way it was shot.)

The differences though: in broad daylight, with the FBI RIGHT BEHIND THEM, seven people, one of whom has a bullet wound. THIS SHOW.

They disappeared unbelievably fast. But then, the "unbelievable" is kind of the "it" factor of this show.

I've never hate watched a show, but I must admit, I am watching primarily for the snark in the forums. That and there are precious few shows to watch when I exercise.

I loved this part of the PTV recap:

What's the angry animal of the week?

Um, there's not one? But there are a handful of irritable camels and two cantankerous zebras, as well as a baby warthog who is best friends with a hissing cerval. It's pretty terrifying stuff, guys. Trust me

And irritable is kind of the basic attitude of a camel, in my experience.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 3

NETFOOT, ON 02 SEPT 2015 - 03:01 AM, SAID:

why do they always have a cheap, enamelled bowl to drop the slug into?  It's like extracting a Hollywood bullet isn't successful until the audience hears the metallic clank of it being dropped.

An  enameled METAL bowl.  Mr Rat and I both do radio sound effects and this always makes us laugh.

So we have the BIG SCARY ANIMAL FREAKOUT AT TWO HUMANS KISSING in the truck - then when the animals bust out they just amble around without, apparently, a hostile murderous thought in the world.  No attacks. No riots.

Disappointed by the lack of animal attacks this week. Just a lot of threatening animal sounds? Come on!

Do the producers of this show seriously think we give a shit about the human characters? and if so, why?  

I'm holding on until the end of this season but this is tough.  I can't take much more of this crap.

Just keep telling yourself - only 3 more episodes, only 3 more episodes, only 3 more episodes.......

• Love 2

Maybe this can explain why a Florida zoo might have armed guards... :)

[EXT. EXIT SIGN TO BUSCH GARDENS - TAMPA ZOO - NIGHT]

[We hear the roar of lions.]

[WE SEE JIMMY and HENRY drag the BOOKIE out of the car by his arms and legs just outside the zoo.]

JIMMY: we're gonna feed the bastard to the lions.

HENRY *while dragging bookie*: What lions? I'm not going near any lions.

JIMMY: We only have to shove'em over the moat.

[WE SEE the MAN finally begin to squirm and scream.]

CUT TO: EXT. ROADSIDE PHONE BOOTH - NIGHT

[ANGLE ON BLEEDING MAN on phone with JIMMY and HENRY waiting outside.]

HENRY *V.O.*: They must really feed each other to the lions down there, because the guy gave the money right up and we got to spend the rest of the weekend at the track.

It's the same unwritten law that says anyone starting a fire MUST have a big flip open Zippo lighter, even if they don't smoke.

• Love 4

I assume the animals rioted during the kiss because they interpreted the kiss as the first step on the way to making more human babies.

Or they're the only ones on the show who aren't Jackson-Chloe shippers.

So now it's not the defiant pupil, or increased cognitive ability, or a hive mind, or the Mother Cell, or communication over distance, or inter-species communication, it's a ... transmissible bad mood? Holy schlamoly, this show!

• Love 2

It's the same unwritten law that says anyone starting a fire MUST have a big flip open Zippo lighter, even if they don't smoke.

Which they throw onto the fire because

1. Zippos are cheaper than matches, and if the fire fails to catch, well, you buy your Zippos 30 at a time, right?
  2. When the forensic team find the Zippo at the point the fire started, they won't instantly think arson, because even non-smokers buy their Zippos 30 at a time, so they turn up everywhere, all the time, anyhow.
  • Love 2