Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

because he "should know what you want if he loves you" like a fucking teenager you get fatty ribs and too many limes.

I've been thinking about that "too many limes" for awhile now, FozzyBear.   I'd bet Shannon has been to that restaurant before and they "know" her--thus the "extra care" they took with her drink.

I see this too -- that David just seems totally emotionally disconnected.  I wonder if he's on the spectrum/ has Asperger's?

It's a medically recognized disability:  Married too Long to Shannon Syndrome. Symtoms: life is gradually sucked out of one ~ followed by large dead eyes and constant feelings of guilt ~ hair first turns to grease and then to stone ~ sexual organs work only in the safest places.  See Zombie.

• Love 13
Singling out Vicki and Shannon is bizarre to me considering Heather is 46, Tamra is 48, Vicki is 50, Shannon is 53. I mean, why don't the "younger" women go "hey Meghan WTF?"

"Old" doesn't always have to do with years and (again) I think Meghan simply added "old" when telling Vicki she's bitter.   I think Vicki's bitterness and jealousy are making her old before her time.   Shannon isn't the picture of health and vitality, so she's got some "old" going on too.  I will say that her hair, makeup, and outfits are very nice.

If last years birthday dinner was the one we saw where David booked them a hotel room and dinner...she bitched all through that too. Shannon bitches through everything. She is a spoiled brat. I don't even care anymore about her damaged marriage. If she wanted something specific she should have said so. She sat there while her daughters suggested they stay home and Shannon and David go to a romantic dinner, but she just stayed silent. So you get the pub. That's how life is Princess, if you wait for your boyfriend to read your mind because he "should know what you want if he loves you" like a fucking teenager you get fatty ribs and too many limes. Personally I think David let the girls pick the place since he didn't seem thrilled with it either.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this.  She really does seem to have the mentality of a much younger girl who responds tearily to "Why are you mad at me?" by saying, "Well, if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!"   Communication is not her strong suit.  (not constructive communication, anyway - she's very good at bitching after the fact.)   If someone (anyone!) was constantly disappointing me, I would certainly open up communication about it.  They never went on vacation for years & years and that bothered her, yet she never did anything to change that.  She seems to prefer sitting back, watching people disappoint her, and then complaining about it.  If she wants her needs to be met, then she should speak up, meet the other person halfway, and aim for happiness rather than, "See?  He/She never does what I want".   Especially because this is her husband!  And especially now when emotions are so raw.  What they should be learning in counseling is to communicate with each other.  But she seems to prefer to be disappointed & angry so she can stick the knife in again and again.

And yes, their daughter's suggestion of dinner out for just the two of them didn't look as though it appealed to her at all.  Maybe she didn't want to be alone with him.  Maybe she wanted to celebrate with their daughters.  Either of those is fine, but then she can't blame him for her birthday dinner not being a romantic couples thing at a nice restaurant.  It very easily could have been.  She just can't let go of the expectation that what she wants will simply fall at her feet.  The people around her are not mind readers, nor should they have to be.  Most of us don't have magical things constantly happen just because we wish for them, even in the best of relationships.

She is in no way ready to work past what happened.  At this point she should resolve to either be in or out.   Making him grovel and prove his love for her on a daily basis is not the way to rebuild a relationship.  She should either divorce him, or spend time apart, or make a solid commitment to move forward.  They have no chance if she can't get past the anger.  Bitching at him about every little thing is super-destructive.  It's not about the restaurant or the vacation or anything else.  It's about her disappointment and anger toward him in general, and I think it goes back way before his affair.  She's an adult in a grown-up relationship and really needs to stop acting like she's 14 and her boyfriend guessed wrong when he chose the color of her corsage for the prom.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 8

Eh, I dislike Meghan but the nasty comments about her age (that have been echoed by some posters, surprisingly) bother me as well. I think the "bitter old woman" remark was uncalled for, but Meghan is basically a tween terms of maturity so it was not unexpected.

Age/skinny/fat shaming doesn't seem like a big deal until it happens to you. I can understand Meghan's frustration. But that's as far as my empathy goes with her. I think she's a sociopath or an idiot if this is an act for the show. She was definitely miscast. Every attempt to add a younger housewife has failed (except Lydia, who wisely left). I guess we have Lizzie, but she's a "friend."

Given how sad this season is eith talks of cancer, parents dying, and marriages in shambles....I wish lydia and mama judy were around. They could have added some levity. Even though season 8 had toxic moments, it was kinda fun especially hearing mama judy explain what a fairy farm was :)

• Love 7

Message to Shannon...David is not that into you! He's a good provider so walk...run to the nearest exit and collect whatever financial help he can provide for you and the girls. Divorce the cold fish...you cannot force someone to love and respect you. Wouldn't it be nice to feel what romance, trust and love feel like? Heck, being alone has got to be better than living with someone who undermines your relationship with your daughters on national TV. Snap out of it Shannon while your still young enough to enjoy life.

tumblr_ls4w5gtBog1qakh43o4_250-snapoutof

Edited by talula
  • Love 6
He's a good provider so walk...run to the nearest exit and collect whatever financial help he can provide for you and the girls.

Or...just walk or run.  Celebrity Net Worth reported last year that Shannon was worth $20 million on her own.  She can skip away--wait, she probably can't skip.  She can wander to the Mercedes with (or without) the girls right now.  Finances can be discussed at a later date.

• Love 7
I think you hit the nail on the head with this.  She really does seem to have the mentality of a much younger girl who responds tearily to "Why are you mad at me?" by saying, "Well, if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!"   Communication is not her strong suit.  (not constructive communication, anyway - she's very good at bitching after the fact.)   If someone (anyone!) was constantly disappointing me, I would certainly open up communication about it.

I have learned early on, that you need to tell people what you want. Especially men. No matter how long you have known them and no matter how well you think they should know you. I would never wing my birthday, I'd tell my husband exactly what I wanted to do. Especially if David is a little autistic, even more reason to be extremely clear and exact about what you want. Otherwise, you will go where he wants, which is a sports bar. Maybe Shannon would rather be hurt than happy. 

That said, is it true Vicki and brooks broke up? She apparently made a post on FB a week ago that they are splitville. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3

Orange County has been the breeding ground for shit shows of marriages.  First there was Jeana and Matt and he treated her awful and she stuck it out supporting him and I still don't think they are divorced.  Then there was Tamra Barney and her disaster of a marriage and affair with Eddie and she still talks about Simon, Lynne Curtain and Frank, Jim Edmonds and his second wife didn't even make it to screen before they split the sheets, Peggy Tanous has filed for divorce,  it seems these blow up marriages seem to be par for the course.  To me, Shannon is a very conservative woman who is clinging to the idea that marriage is sacred and she is trying to apply new age to the her marriage. I don't applaud her being so open but to date she said the marriage is working.  There is a certain niceness about her children and a protectiveness she displays at times and then allows the most intimate details of the marriage and affair for public fodder.  I always keep in mind the door swings both ways-if David is unhappy, and the cheating bastard deserves a little discomfort, he can walk.  I think deep down the excitement of a side piece is not as important as watching his kids grow up.  I give them 10 years and David getting another itch to scratch.  It is really expensive to divorce when you are in your sixties,

• Love 3

Given how sad this season is eith talks of cancer, parents dying, and marriages in shambles....I wish lydia and mama judy were around. They could have added some levity. Even though season 8 had toxic moments, it was kinda fun especially hearing mama judy explain what a fairy farm was :)

It was sad seeing Vicki and Tamra sit on the very sofa where Raging Asshole Ryan berated and terrified Lydia's mother for putting her feet up. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 1

Shannon can't express her needs because she isn't clear about what she needs, imo. Her only clear need is for appearances, so she clings to her husband.

Yes, I think that's true.  I never got the feeling she was that into him.  Early on we saw her repeatedly mocking him (in front of their daughters and encouraging them to join in) about the way she was raised vs. the upbringing he had.  He didn't grow up with cotillions (that was one example), and he wasn't as familiar with some of the "finer things" in life, and she brought that up repeatedly.  It seemed harsh to me at the time, and cringeworthy because she pulled her daughters into it.  Laughing at him when he misspoke, things like that.  I always hated sitcoms where the Dad was treated like some kind of buffoon, and that was the vibe I got when they were first introduced on this show.

They seem like such an unlikely couple.  Not just the different backgrounds, but they always seem awkward & uncomfortable with each other.  He seems kind of drippy and beaten down to me, just kind of "there".   Not unintelligent, but also not in need of  intellectual stimulation or constant conversation all the time.  She needs and wants more than that, and he needs someone much less high-strung and demanding than she is.  I have no idea how these two ever found each other or ended up together.

• Love 7

Shannon can't express her needs because she isn't clear about what she needs, imo. Her only clear need is for appearances, so she clings to her husband.

That's so true. Even when she criticizes herself in blogs and such her choice of language is really interesting. She always says things like "I seem like a" or "I look like a", not "I was acting like". I honestly think she cares much more about how she is perceived than how she is.

• Love 3

Orange County has been the breeding ground for shit shows of marriages.  First there was Jeana and Matt and he treated her awful and she stuck it out supporting him and I still don't think they are divorced.  Then there was Tamra Barney and her disaster of a marriage and affair with Eddie and she still talks about Simon, Lynne Curtain and Frank, Jim Edmonds and his second wife didn't even make it to screen before they split the sheets, Peggy Tanous has filed for divorce,  it seems these blow up marriages seem to be par for the course.  To me, Shannon is a very conservative woman who is clinging to the idea that marriage is sacred and she is trying to apply new age to the her marriage. I don't applaud her being so open but to date she said the marriage is working.  There is a certain niceness about her children and a protectiveness she displays at times and then allows the most intimate details of the marriage and affair for public fodder.  I always keep in mind the door swings both ways-if David is unhappy, and the cheating bastard deserves a little discomfort, he can walk.  I think deep down the excitement of a side piece is not as important as watching his kids grow up.  I give them 10 years and David getting another itch to scratch.  It is really expensive to divorce when you are in your sixties,

I've thought from the beginning of this fiasco that he doesn't want to end the marriage or move out because he really does want to watch his kids grow up - just as you said.  I think he knows that he would be in for one hell of a fight from Shannon re every crumb of visitation, holidays, all of that.  We all know that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Shannon would be that a million times over.  He would likely end up in court battles that would take a very long time, with all of their growing-up years slipping away.  When I worked in the mental health field, I saw that pretty regularly.  One parent raises the kids while the other grovels to get  Thursday nights or one weekend a month or a holiday every now and then.  And time goes by and the attorneys get rich and the kids know one parent far, far better than they know the other.

So I think his distaste for drama and his belief that Shannon will do everything she can to obstruct his role as a parent is the driving force behind his decision to stay, at least for now.  I don't think he loves her and I don't think she loves him.  For her, it's because she doesn't want a failed marriage. And for him, it's because of the kids..

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

Well...I think David works long hours and probably has a long commute.  Maybe he does as much with his girls as Shannon allows...which will be MUCH LESS now that he proved himself to be so unworthy by letting the twins go on a sleepover.

I have no idea how these two ever found each other or ended up together.

I agree, DebbieM4.  I wish someone would present that story to us.  It probably needs to be told from both perspectives.   Is this the first marriage for both?   Does David have children with another woman?  Inquiring minds want to know!

• Love 1

Lol, so true that David's flat effect (affect?) is due to living with Shannon for so many years. I would be glazed over and tuned out too. I think she has more or less "dared" him to leave the marriage, maybe threatening the tell the children how he abandoned them, or he just knows that she would spend her life bad-mouthing him to the girls, maybe try to prevent him being close to them. She is determined to keep him, even if it "kills" them all. He needs to be punished forever and if he was away from her, she would lose control over making sure he was miserable. He does need to step up and just go, if he is going to be so checked out but I think he is in a bad spot (yes, he put himself there, I know). Who knows what Shannon may have threatened. I can't even decide who is the most miserable of the pair.

Shannon was insufferable in the restaurant. It doesn't matter how disappointed she was, you do not act that way past your fifth birthday.

• Love 6

I don't know other than coaching a sports team David doesn't seem to be that interested in his children.

Yes, he did leave the whole family for what a few weeks to be with the mistress? He apologized for leaving his children in episode 1 or 2 I believe.

• Love 1

Lol, so true that David's flat effect (affect?) is due to living with Shannon for so many years. I would be glazed over and tuned out too. I think she has more or less "dared" him to leave the marriage, maybe threatening the tell the children how he abandoned them, or he just knows that she would spend her life bad-mouthing him to the girls, maybe try to prevent him being close to them. She is determined to keep him, even if it "kills" them all. He needs to be punished forever and if he was away from her, she would lose control over making sure he was miserable. He does need to step up and just go, if he is going to be so checked out but I think he is in a bad spot (yes, he put himself there, I know). Who knows what Shannon may have threatened. I can't even decide who is the most miserable of the pair.

Shannon was insufferable in the restaurant. It doesn't matter how disappointed she was, you do not act that way past your fifth birthday.

David elected to embark on affair  the day filming started.  So he knew their marriage would be held to scrutiny.  It is not just that David had the affair it is the information about the affair he chooses to share with Shannon.  Did he really have to tell her the day she started filming he was screwing her friend or that after being intimate with her and he then screwed the affair on Shannon's 50th birthday? I think he did a swell job of acting the fool and picking away at Shannon's insecurities, from buying two bottles of wine for 10 people to eating like, well Jim Edmonds on TV.  Grown ups should not have to be told to chew with their mouths closed.  I thought he acted up plenty last season and kept making Shannon look like a fool.  Another example being late to Terry and Heather's hoedown.  His behavior at the hoedown was also an embarrassment. He did apologize to those her offended.

Whether they stay together or not no one can accuse Shannon of not giving him a second chance.  A chance he chose to pursue.  David is choosing to be in the hell he created.  The least he can do is take is wife to a place for dinner on her birthday that isn't served while seated on barstools.  David loves to under deliver then sit back and be picked apart because it makes him look the dutiful spouse that can't satisfy his shrew of a wife.  

If David elects to leave or Shannon throws him out, I don't see any real problems with visitation-I don't think they would have joint physical custody because of David's work demands but I really don't think the kids would tolerate being cut out of one parent's life.  If David is there strictly for the kids then he should rethink his strategy.  The kids sure as hell don't need to hear that the father returned home for their sake. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 17

This has been a miserable season. I am really only viewing RHOC (it use to be my favorite) in order to savor any comeuppance experienced by that "done lost her damn mind" soulless demon and all around nasty bi_ch, Tamra whatever her last name is currently. Her evil and almost sociopathic jealously of Gretchen, who had done nothing to Tamra, led Tamra into a LITERAL jealous rage that she would. Not. Let. Go. until she ensconced herself in sewers of deceit and filthy machinations never before imagined and seen until Brandi.

***Yes, I know that Gretchen is a Fame'ho'ing wretch, but Tamra is truly a sadistic wielding Vampyre who delights in torment so that she may gluttonously feed and savor the abject pain and misery of others.

• Love 6

Yes David is and has been a terrible husband...all the more reason for Shannon to kick him out, rather than carry on with the miserable martyr act, which is pathetic adnd horrible for everyone. I do not care if David is miserable forever but her kids will be some twisted women if they have to endure years of this catastrophe of a marriage.

• Love 10

"It's a medically recognized disability: Married too Long to Shannon Syndrome. Symtoms: life is gradually sucked out of one ~ followed by large dead eyes and constant feelings of guilt ~ hair first turns to grease and then to stone ~ sexual organs work only in the safest places. See Zombie."***»»---------»»»»WRITTEN BY and CREDITED TO: Former Nun**

°°°°°°°Former Nun, this is so comically hysterical that I actually guffawed for at least 5 minutes while my eyes and, yes, my sinuses streamed. I will periodically read this post whenever I want a great laugh!! Thank you! Haha :-) !!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

Zoeysmom, I am sorry for the reduplication. Something is malfunctioning--my phone or the site.

I agree with your ENTIRE post pertaining to very sly David.

However, Shannon needs to get a grip and firmly decide whether to keep the nauseous dog and, thereby, cease the maudlin behaviors(sincere or not*) or UNleash the hound--it's time.

• Love 1

Wish I knew how create one of those polls: Choose one: Shannon ~ David ~ They're both too creepy for me.

Can I choose C) both of them far away from me?

In all honestly I don't feel excessively bad for either of them. I think we're witnessing the tail end of a long demise that they both the played into. I don't trust either of them so I don't automatically believe any version of events I've been told. I think they're both pretty self involved, awful people.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Yes David is and has been a terrible husband...all the more reason for Shannon to kick him out, rather than carry on with the miserable martyr act, which is pathetic adnd horrible for everyone. I do not care if David is miserable forever but her kids will be some twisted women if they have to endure years of this catastrophe of a marriage.

There is a teeny part of me that respects that David was the one to finally walk the fuck out. Then I remeber how he did it and that he came back and I get over it. Still, of the two I'm guessing David is actually the more proactive.

• Love 3

I want to send a "sorry Vicki's mother is dead" card to that poor waiter who had to hear about it when he was just trying to do his job. And, Tamra, you flaming asshole, it doesn't matter how much you're commission "would" be. It only matters what it "is". I want to bitch slap these women. Multiple times.

• Love 7

Guys, I am so shocked, shocked, shocked by this, shocked I tell you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/29/nyregion/the-secret-to-the-psychic-trade-its-in-the-parole-board-transcripts.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Could this *possibly* mean that Tamra planted the "Brooks cancer doubt" notion in her psychic's mind... and he knew he was meant to repeat it?  That's why he felt so dirty after.  

• Love 6

Hey, anyone notice Vicks is wearing various super-huge, humongous earrings in this ep?  Is this her thing now?  Her hair looks really good lately

I kept staring at her earlobe all stretched out. Looked so uncomfortable! I can't wear earrings like that!

Re: Brooks and cancer. A childhood friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. It crossed my mind that she was faking, as she spent her life doing whatever was necessary to be the center of attention, and there were several dubious " stories" in her past that I knew to be false. Because she had a high profile job, she received much attention, even a special article in the local paper about her "braveness". Every time I saw her , she looked great. No hair loss, and only missed two days of work in a year. Then she was cured! Then the cancer came back , this time in her bones. Anyway, long story short ( I know, too late for that). She died. Thankfully I never voiced my thoughts that she was faking. And , yes I feel terrible for thinking it.

So I will give Brooks the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, not everyone with cancer looks or acts the same. Thanks for sharing that story.

Wow, they are probably fighting over $ with that high ass rent.

• Love 2

I figured David took Shannon to the sports bar for the 51st because after she made him tell all the places he went with his sidepiece, the only place LEFT was the sports bar.

And workslame, great reporting!

• Love 6
I figured David took Shannon to the sports bar for the 51st because after she made him tell all the places he went with his sidepiece, the only place LEFT was the sports bar.

And there she was...working as the bartender, thus the EXTRA limes!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

Tamra, you flaming asshole, it doesn't matter how much you're commission "would" be. It only matters what it "is"

There's an old Yiddish saying: "As di bubbe volt gehat beytsim volt zi gevain mayn zaidah."  Which means "If my grandmother had balls she would be my grandfather."  So, yea...what her commission would be doesn't mean a thing unless she actually sells the place. 

• Love 5

I've got some fatty ribs in the refrigerator I plan to cook for a whole lot less than 12 hours tomorrow. Anyone have a problem with that? Anyone other than Shannon? Shut up Shannon.

I only have a problem with that if I'm not invited to dinner.  :-)

• Love 9

The ribs killed me. Yeah, I'm sure Shannon has some special way of cooking ribs so they don't have fat and can cure cancer, but they're ribs! You're in a restaurant and you ordered ribs! What the hell Shannon? I have a recipe for noodle free lasagna, but I don't just expect it to come that way wherever I go. Order something else.

• Love 6

Is anybody else a little "skeeved out" over Tamra's sex party?  Apparently Vicki's white dress at the sex party earned two flipped birds from Meghan saying she is disrespecting Tamra's theme.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1013/videos?clip=2894996

oh, that's NASTY, baby! Leave it to Tamra to come up with the tape and party idea! Since it cannof be said enough, shut up, Meghan!
  • Love 1

It does and she was making a funny when she said 14 bathrooms was obnoxious. her house is 13,000 square feet.

Here it is-http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/20-Shell-Bch_Newport-Coast_CA_92657_M12509-71912?row=20

Oh man, that house has such potential to be AMAZING. Shannon's old lady decor is so heartbreaking in that house! All the different floral print fabric and grandma furniture just ruins it!

It looks like an 80 year old grandma lives there. and id hate to know the price she payed to have it look that way on purpose!

Ok rant over... Sorry if any of you loved it and I offended anyone, I just reallllly dislike it lol

• Love 5

After rewatching the episode and the spark that is Jim Edmonds, I do believe the Beador marriage will outlive the Edmonds marriage.  Jim doesn't seem to like anyone but himself.  You would think for a television broadcaster he would have developed some benign patter and he is always just speaks down to Meghan and has the need to direct the conversation in group settings. 

• Love 6

I've got some fatty ribs in the refrigerator I plan to cook for a whole lot less than 12 hours tomorrow. Anyone have a problem with that? Anyone other than Shannon? Shut up Shannon.

I'll bring the loaded baked potatoes! Shut up, Shannon.

• Love 5

I don't understand women like Shannon who claim that they want to make their marriage work while not doing any of the work that it takes to make it happen. She needs to give 100% to her marriage and David by not bringing up any of David's shortcomings again. She can save all of her complaints for her therapy session once a week. David doesn't want to hear it, we don't want to hear it, and even her therapist doesn't want to hear it. And, David is not going to remain faithful. What is she going to do when it happens again?

David is an ass for celebrating Shannon's birthday party at a sports bar with their kids. It was a crappy thing to do. However, for the sake of her children, Shannon in could have been all in and turned it into something fun or simply stayed home. 

What stops David from getting a divorce? He seems unhappy too. 

Aneums...I agree with you on the decor of the house. It was a bit shocking to see something so dated from people who have the funds to do otherwise. I thought that Vicki's house could use some updating. The Beador's decor is lifeless, outdated, and bland. It makes Vicki's house look fresh and modern.

Edited by Showthyme

Shannon's house certainly isn't the worse I've seen - that would be Eileen Davidson's.   I think the Beador house looks old money, or even what you may see in the British royal family.  Subdued, not flashy, tastefully bland, understated.

• Love 4

Shannon's house certainly isn't the worse I've seen - that would be Eileen Davidson's. I think the Beador house looks old money, or even what you may see in the British royal family. Subdued, not flashy, tastefully bland, understated.

Eileen's house was a bucket of crap...sort of looks like she used the same decorator as me :-(. The outside was OK.

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Shannon's house certainly isn't the worse I've seen - that would be Eileen Davidson's.   I think the Beador house looks old money, or even what you may see in the British royal family.  Subdued, not flashy, tastefully bland, understated.

OI agree about Eileen's but I just think she and Vince are a great couple and don't care.  The only thing worse than Eileen's mash up style of decorating are her paintings. I must say Shannon's house is just traditional and formal.  She has not morphed any styles or gone trendy.  Her finishes are beautiful and timeless.  I think both Vicki and Tamra's homes are outdated with the over the top old world touches.  Shannon's house reminds me of Lisa Vanderpump's first house with the traditional French formalness.  I see some furniture pieces that are timeless and very expensive in Shannon's home-her end tables come to mind.

• Love 3

BUT its at the beach! So weird that's its so closed up and we've never seen the views have we?

• Love 2

I like Shannon's house as well, but I think it lacks a "soul."  I'm wondering if it could be that traditional style is what Shannon prefers but she also seems have all these requirements, like feng shui.  She probably doesn't want a lot of clutter because of dust or allergens or something, and so these requirements, along with the traditional and stately decor, leave the house feeling as though it lacks warmth. 

• Love 3