Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

Madonna was outside of Sonja's show because she wasn't inside watching Sonja's fashion show. Madonna might have been outside the show at an actual fashion week show. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her concert at Madison Square Garden. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her town house in London.

Cogent point. So obvious that I did not think of it myself. Sadly, I think Sonja's argument was less a matter of semantics than it was a delusion of Madonna sitting in her limo outside the venue Sonja was hosting.

I think a lot of that had to do with that cheap-ass dress she was wearing....hope she didn't try to light a cigarette wearing that thing - if she dropped the match, Luann would have been the toast to go with her eggs a la Francaise.....

Did anyone notice how much Luann was itching and scratching in that hideous sparkly turquoise dress? It reminded me of tinsel and some of the more garish Christmas tree skirts.

Can you imagine the vitriol if a fifty year old man said women in their twenties are only good for fucking, but not for dating?

No, but only because most extremely wealthy men over fifty wouldn't go anywhere near their age peers for sex or relationships; they usually prefer twenty-somethings.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 7

Heather looked especially hideous with the garish makeup. I cringed every time they cut to her and she was trying so hard (as she always does) for camera time that even her so-called bestie couldn't take it anymore and physically and literally stopped her by putting her arm across her, saying, "Don't talk."

Bethenny's outfit conveyed subdued confidence, which is the luxury she has in being the Boss's pet. Everyone else in comparison looked varying degrees of desperate for attention, with Heather at the top.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 11

I think Beth is pretty clear on who is trying to crawl up her ass. The thing I saw in Dorinda's statement was an attempt to make Heather look bad - like Heather was crazy for daring to mention that someone in their crew felt left out, even though she was on Heather's side at the time. I think it is awesome that Beth didn't let it go unnoticed. I think that some of these ladies believe Beth will have some sway in who will be asked back.

Right. But it also involves so much 4th wall stuff. In real life, Bethenny not inviting two women she doesn't know to a party makes sense, of course. But it's a completely different story when you're leaving out co-workers/castmembers, and story lines and screen time depends on it. They all know this, but they can't say it, so Heather ends up looking bad, when ironically, she was just looking out for one of her cast mates.

• Love 17

It's already happened (metaphorically). P. Diddy was on WWHL awhile back and said he didn't know Sonja and was never on her yacht!

The John-John scene was painful. Carole was far more composed about it than I would have been. Sonja is living in the past, and I get that it's hard to let that go, but she just embarrasses herself when she talks as if she's still living it. On national TV no less, for all the world to see.

I agree - I thought Sonja was being extremely rude and insenstive to Carole and her memories of JFK, Jr.  I seem to recall reading or hearing somewhere that those that knew him best did not use that nickname, ever.  I couldn't believe that even after Carole tried to tell Sonja time and time again that she was wrong, Sonja still kept calling him John-John and insisting that he was a party animal.  Also, couldn't believe that Ramona defended her delusions.

But, I do also seem to remember seeing photos of him at Studio 54, although, during Studio 54's most popular times, he would have been in his late teens and very early 20's (not that it mattered at Studio 54, LOL!).  I thought that Jackie Onassis was more of a regular (with Andy Warhol, etc.) at Studio 54 than her son. Carole had not yet met Anthony or JFK, Jr. at the time when Studio 54 was in it's heyday and JFK, Jr. would have been partying there.  Not sure if Sonja was either, given the fact that she was supposedly modeling and living in Europe, or in Dubai, or wherever she sticks a pin in a map that day.

Sonja is about seven or eight years older than JFK, Jr. would be, if he were still alive, so it's all kind of vague as to whether Sonja actually partied WITH him, or just at the same nightclub when he was there.

ETA:  Correcting myself - Sonja is three years younger than JFK, Jr. would have been, if still alive - but I still think that she may have only been AT the same club at the same time as he was, and not actually "partying with him", but rather in the same club as he.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

Based on how Sonja parties Carole probably freaked out and overcorrected. I think she was afraid that it implied that John was at some wild parties with Sonja flashing the Tremont treasure, losing her teeth, and drunkenly making out with everybody. In reality, they were more than likely very genteel charity functions.

Didn't Sonja drop a Studio 54 reference in Atlantic City when she was prattling on about John John and Madonna? Or was that only in my head.

• Love 2

Bethenny looked haggard and tired.

I agree. I'm glad she changed her hairstyle since she's been wearing the same medium length black hair hairstyle for the past 8 years. But her face looked haggard, her eyes had bags and there were parenthesis around her mouth, to say the least.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 8

Ya'll are on fire tonight.  I'm enjoying everyone's posts and I'm probably running out of 'likes'/

I was just thinking the same thing!

I'll take my concern about running out of likes as a sign that I need to call it a night. When the alarm rings I'm going to have a hard time dragging my ass out of bed for work in the morning.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Based on how Sonja parties Carole probably freaked out and overcorrected. I think she was afraid that it implied that John was at some wild parties with Sonja flashing the Tremont treasure, losing her teeth, and drunkenly making out with everybody. In reality, they were more than likely very genteel charity functions.

Idk, I kinda think Sonja is a very easy target.  Too easy.  I see that even Satan Andy was questioning her at length on her drinking.  I didn't care for this & was bored, so I was looking at Moaner's kittenish smirk when he was doing this.  She must have been oh-so-happy that nobody was on her case about drinking at this reunion.  This afternoon I caught the reunion from years ago when Jillzy was practically calling her an alcoholic.  Moaner was not a happy gal.

Carole said JFK Jr. was not a partier.  Well, not true, Carole.  Actually, he was.  A huge partier.  But he changed his lifestyle & in the years before his death, he wasn't.  And I still think Carole should have said she knew he wasn't a partier (for quite a few years before his death) & she was annoyed by the partying implication precisely because he was working extremely hard professionally.  It's disappointing she didn't say that, but Carole doesn't handle herself so great at these reunions.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Sonja is about seven or eight years older than JFK, Jr. would be, if he were still alive, so it's all kind of vague as to whether Sonja actually partied WITH him, or just at the same nightclub when he was there.

Actually, Sonja is younger than what JFK Jr. would be. (I think Sonja is 51 or 52. John would have been in his mid-fifties). I don't think the "partying" is really the issue, though. John was family to Carole. And disrespecting family is supposed to be off-limits to these Ho's. At least that's what they always say. I know John was a very famous public figure, but that's not who he was to Carole, and it's just insensitive of Sonja to reference him at all, let alone as her party conspirator, esp. since he's no longer alive.

• Love 10

Actually, if the wiki on Sonja is right, she was born in 1963, which makes her three years younger than JFK, Jr.  He remains forever young in our minds, but he would be 54.  I think it's entirely possible that they were at some of the same clubs and that he partied a bit harder in his younger days than when Carole knew him.  Carole didn't marry her husband until 1994, and I am not sure how long they were together before that, but she may not have known John until he was in his 30s.  That having been said, I doubt Sonja, Madonna, and JFK, Jr. were best buds.

• Love 9

I love how Heather pronounced Kelly Bensimon's last name.  Did anyone hear her pronounce her last name "Ben-see-mohn" in a very French accent.   Maybe she'd like Lu's eggs a la francais.  

Did Luann get together with the Dubrows to learn how to "take someone down?"  I was getting shades of "taking the Beadors down."  I swear, all these shows overlap.  Same shit, different city.  

So did Bethenny get a lip implant on the top?  It completely changes her look.  I noticed it at the beginning of the summer.  

• Love 6

LuAnn's dress looks more like something Ramona would wear. 

It looks like something the women on the old Star Trek used to wear .... shiny, spacey looking fabric and a non-sensical random cut meant to imply it was something fashionable from the future. 

Just awful.  

The rest of her left a lot to be desired, as well.  Flat hair, boring makeup, very tired and hung over looking.  She looked great all season.  What happened? 

Ramona's and Bethenny's ensembles were tasteful, if somewhat boring.  Dorinda looked like she was headed to Studio 54.  Kristen and Heather looked like they were wearing bathrobes with not enough on underneath.

Sonja looked good, though her dress was a bit Christmas ornament-y.

I think Carole definitely won the fashion award for the night.  She looked great.

• Love 16

Sonja is three years younger than JFK, Jr. would have been, if still alive - but I still think that she may have only been AT the same club at the same time as he was, and not actually "partying with him", but rather in the same club as he.

It's possible.  My guess is they may have actually met at charity parties/benefits she attended with Old Man Morgan.  I used to organize charity events in the late '90's & early 'aughts & I used to see Sonja & Old Man Morgan all the time & JFK Jr. & his wife as well.

• Love 9

Actually, Sonja is younger than what JFK Jr. would be. (I think Sonja is 51 or 52. John would have been in his mid-fifties). I don't think the "partying" is really the issue, though. John was family to Carole. And disrespecting family is supposed to be off-limits to these Ho's. At least that's what they always say. I know John was a very famous public figure, but that's not who he was to Carole, and it's just insensitive of Sonja to reference him at all, let alone as her party conspirator, esp. since he's no longer alive.

Actually, if the wiki on Sonja is right, she was born in 1963, which makes her three years younger than JFK, Jr.  He remains forever young in our minds, but he would be 54.  I think it's entirely possible that they were at some of the same clubs and that he partied a bit harder in his younger days than when Carole knew him.  Carole didn't marry her husband until 1994, and I am not sure how long they were together before that, but she may not have known John until he was in his 30s.  That having been said, I doubt Sonja, Madonna, and JFK, Jr. were best buds.

Thanks - I was doing some googling to confirm their ages and I misread, plus I suck at math....I edited my post to add a correction.

I think that Carole is very sensitive about JFK, Jr. and Carolyn and anyone who speaks, in her opinion, disparagingly about them is going to get some disdain.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

It's possible.  My guess is they may have actually met at charity parties/benefits she attended with Old Man Morgan.  I used to organize charity events in the late '90's & early 'aughts & I used to see Sonja & Old Man Morgan all the time & JFK Jr. & his wife as well.

Wow!!!  How cool is that!  :-)

Must have been a great job!  

• Love 4

ETA:  Correcting myself - Sonja is three years younger than JFK, Jr. would have been, if still alive - but I still think that she may have only been AT the same club at the same time as he was, and not actually "partying with him", but rather in the same club as he.

Exactly 3 years, they share a birthday (11/25), yeah I was curious about the age difference and have no life.  I'm shocked this didn't come up with John John during their many parties together.

• Love 9

Exactly 3 years, they share a birthday (11/25), yeah I was curious about the age difference and have no life.  I'm shocked this didn't come up with John John during their many parties together.

I think you just solved the riddle! When Sonja said she partied with John-John, they were birthday parties! With balloons and cake, not coke and disco balls. And maybe they had joint birthday parties as little kids at boarding school, so maybe she did know him at age five when he was called John-John!

• Love 11

Sonja was born November 25 1963, John was born November 25 1960.

So weirdly that share a birthday but she's three years younger than him not six or seven years older. When Studio 54 opened in 1977 she was a thirteen year old girl living in upstate New York. The original owners of Studio 54 sold it in 1981 but it had peaked before that. JFK Jr did go to Studio 54 in it's heyday and other popular clubs. In college and his twenties he smoked pot and snorted coke but seems to avoided the harder stuff that killed his cousin David and messed up RFK Jr and Christopher Lawford. He wasn't a big boozer. By his thirties in the early 90's he was more serious his mothers death and the bad press he got from dating Daryl Hannah matured him. He wanted his magazine to be a success and to be taken seriously. This is when Carole met him and that's the John she knew though its unfair to assume that when John was young and sowing his wild oats he had no depth as a person. I don't believe for a second that Sonja Tremont Morgan ever met JFKJr. much less socialized with him. Is she saying stuff like this deliberately to try to stay on the show or is she that deeply ingrained as a liar and a con artist? Her lawsuit or her actions that brought it about show she hangs on to her lies as long as she can.

• Love 11

Didn't Sonja drop a Studio 54 reference in Atlantic City when she was prattling on about John John and Madonna? Or was that only in my head.

Which is also a little funny because young Madonna was fond of going to The Roxy and Danceteria. I'm sure she went to Studio 54, but she was more often found at the former clubs.

• Love 3

I so agree with Carole - I doubt JFK Jr was a big party boy or he and his wife were. I'm 68 and followed the Kennedys.

Not doubting Sonja was at parties - HUGE parties of 100 plus with the Kennedys. But I highly doubt they mingled much. Same with Madonna, btw.

Oh - and Madonna being outside is very different than M being INSIDE actually being there to watch the fashion show.

Being drunk does not excuse Sonja's delusions.

Although I don't particularly like Carole I do respect her keeping her experiences with John and Carolyn pretty much very private.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3
  • Lu = hitting that menopause hot flash, that's why she was so "heated" during that discussion with Carole and had to fan herself. 

• Heather = this special made it clear to me that she's grasping at a friendship with Beth because Beth and Carole seem to have a real connection, and you know Heather ain't trying to lose her BFF status with Carol to Beth. HOLLA!

• Bethanny = I enjoyed hearing more of the story with the divorce. I think she might have asked Carol to talk about some small details, knowing that she couldn't... but Carole could  wink wink wink wink. I can tell she barely tolerates Heather, probably just as a courtesy to Carol at this point. 

• Kristins nails and dress were on fleek - loved her look. Hated the hair. Just like this season, it was like she wasn't even there though. 

• Carole = anyone else notice her face looked extra tight? I know she had botox because her forehead didn't move, but it looks like she got some other work done too. That's a shame, she seemed to be ageing well. Now she's getting that pulled-back-face plastic look. I hope she's not starting to get more work done because she's trying to look younger for her young boyfriend. 

• Dorinda = I have a feeling she's so quick to defend Sonja because she doesn't want to be called out on her own (kinda obvious) over drinking too. Pot, kettle. 
  • Love 2

If the ratings drop like a rock next week I will understand.  I had my back to the TV for a big part of the show and for the most part the chatter coming from Bethenny and Heather made it almost impossible to understand Sonja, which on a good day takes effort, there is just no excuse for the constant chatter.

To me, Carole needs to just stop talking about who Luann sleeps with and then claim she thought she and Luann were friends.  More importantly maybe Carole needs to listen to what Nicole is claiming regarding Adam.  Carole is annoying because she does not seem to allow anyone to have any prior relationship with someone she cares about.

I am not impressed with Adam.  He was Nicole's friend/lover, he took full advantage of her relationship with Luann to get some work and ultimately exposure on the show.  Now Carole is saying (and it is difficult to sort out because Bethenny and Heather won't shut up) that Luann should have said something during the weekend she met Adam, that she thought Luann was after him.  Low blows.  Carole made quite a big deal of hiding it from Luann and telling Kristen and Heather on the QT and then claiming Luann wasn't mad except when she was at Dorinda's and they had a discussion.  How mad and how long was Luann suppose to be mad?  She sure seemed to not tolerate Adam and Carole well at the finale.

Carole has no way of knowing if Adam is telling the truth about any number of things-just because Carole chooses to believe him doesn't mean the others have to believe him in spite of claims to the contrary. 

• Love 20
Although I don't particularly like Carole I do respect her keeping her experiences with John and Carolyn pretty much very private.

Well of course except when her first book came out and she went on Oprah to sell it.  Then she was all about the Kennedy connection. I remember it because it left a bad taste in mouth: I'd never heard of her and she seemed to be using her Kennedy connection to sell the book all those years later  I mean she didn't get on Oprah because she was a former ABC employee or because she was a rich widow - it was her Kennedy connection.  .   I didn't really get that they (Carole and her husband, JFK Jr. and his wife) were not just family but close friends.  

Honestly it took almost a full season of her on RHONY for me to like her even though it was at least a decade ago. Oh and I finally did read the book, which I thought was good.   But after tonight, I'm not sure how much I really like Carole anymore.  I thought she was not only way too judgy about Lu's sex life but too invested in trashing the Countess.  I used to think Carole was above the fray but tonight she was the fray.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Idk, Carole is not especially winning me over.  Sure, Lu was zinging her pretty good between hot flashes.  But Carole was hitting back just as hard (and nasty) & really getting in the mud with her accusations.  No winners here.  Any hope I may have had for Carole to keep her dignity intact is long gone.  No, that's a thing of the past, Carole tossed out this season with her various ridiculous personas -- shifting between Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones & Ariana Grande.

So Carole really witnessed Bethenny calling Jason 8 or 9 times in one sitting?  Manic much, Bethenny?  Sounds like crapola Bethenny asked Carole to recite.  Still, I kinda like the Carole/Bethenny friendship & there is something I vaguely like about one friend lying, or in this instance, maybe somewhat exaggerating, to make another friend look good (or better).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

I never thought I would see The Countess wearing a $39.99 foil dress!  Oh Lu, what happened to your great knack  for picking clothes that looked great on you?   

I was enjoying Luann this season because it seemed like she was finally being the party girl  we always knew she was  - the Luann we saw a flash of with the last trip they took last year.     The rumours have been around as long as she has been on this show but first she was married, then dating Le Ross, I mean Jaque and of course carrying on like she thought a Countess would behave.  But now her kids are grown and she can be, you know all cool and not so uncool.  

I don't know what happened tonight, all the theories posted make sense.  I'll add that wearing that dress threw her off her game; she is used to looking calm and put together.  Tonight she looked and sounded as if  she just rolled in after partying like it was 1999.   Get it together Countess!  Don't let some Princess fluster you!  Besides that kind of fighting just tickles Andy and we don't need to encourage that. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13

I never thought I would see The Countess wearing a $39.99 foil dress!  Oh Lu, what happened to your great knack  for picking clothes that looked great on you?   

I was enjoying Luann this season because it seemed like she was finally being the party girl  we always knew she was  - the Luann we saw a flash of with the last trip they took last year.     The rumours have been around as long as she has been on this show but first she was married, then dating Le Ross, I mean Jaque and of course carrying on like she thought a Countess would behave.  But now her kids are grown and she can be, you know all cool and not so uncool.  

I don't know what happened tonight, all the theories posted make sense.  I'll add that wearing that dress threw her off her game; she is used to looking calm and put together.  Tonight she looked and sounded as if  she just rolled in after partying like it was 1999.   Get it together Countess!  Don't let some Princess fluster you!  Besides that kind of fighting just tickles Andy and we don't need to encourage that. 

Luann looked like she was allergic to her dress.

Carole is admitting there is a chance Sonja met JFK Jr, but doubtful since she never mentioned it to her in four years.  Carole then goes on to add that she doesn't sit around and discuss her late husband's family at cocktail parties.  Reality shows and talk shows and writes books about them but not cocktail parties.

Maybe it is a blind spot of Carole's but she really can't tell Luann why she can't feel a certain way about Adam dating her.  For that matter she can't claim not to know Nicole and then claim to know what Nicole's feelings were for Adam at the time they started dating.  Nicole and Adam did go to Nicaragua together after Carole met him.    Luann said he was the help, she cited her niece relationship with him-she can have multiple answers-there is not just a single correct answer.  Kristen might want to realize the same.  Bottom line is Adam seems like an opportunist to me.  Who Luann sleeps with is just a series of low blows. 

To me it would be like Bethenny asking someone why they don't like her and if they said abrasive and talks too much they would be told they can't dislike Bethenny because they have more than one reason.

• Love 16

Kristin - in the preview I was so distracted by the visible boob and the one large piece of hair not ticked behind her ear that I didn't notice the bad extensions and talons. Tonight I was incredibly distracted by the large mole at the base of her right eyebrow! How have I never noticed this before?

In one scene someone asked Kristen if she had tape on her boobs and she said she didn't think she needed it.  Really bitch?!  Because it really doesn't look good if your boobs look like they're covering your naval.  GET THE TAPE! 

• Love 5

Luann was so full of it. Continuous backtracking, lying, hypocrisy and below the belt digs. If you have to lie or embellish your story ("they were still together" = they had broken up a year ago but still hooked up, "I have a son who is 20 so I draw the line" = it's not ok for Carole to date a 28 year old but I can skinny dip wih a 21 year old) then it doesn't ring true to me. Completely team Carole.

Edited by nowcheckthat
  • Love 21

The Countess made no sense last night which is odd because Luann usually does have sense on her side.  I think the reason for this is she was trying to keep her niece out of it.  The whole thing is about the niece not sleeping with the help or age shaming.  Luann's niece had expectations for more of a relationship with Adam than he did.  She may have said to Adam that it was just a casual with them but clearly she envisioned continued relationship with him.  Perhaps she was dreaming of a surprise proposal and a ring on their planned trip together (which they did take).  Adam told Carol that he and the niece hadn't dated for months.  Maybe that was true, maybe not quite.  In any case, the Countess is doing her best to let Carol know that she has hurt Luann's family and not letting her niece be seen as needy and whining.

• Love 10

Nah, me thinks sex in public bathrooms would appeal to Lu-man absolutely because they are public.  Sheesh, some of the stuff Carole threw out & Lu said herself makes me think she's a sex addict.  Get help, Lu.

Idk, I mostly liked Bethenny.  I thought she'd be acting like the star & taking over, but she was mostly pretty laidback.  I wish she would have copped to how her homeless comment was extremely insensitive to the horrible homeless prob going on in the city now, which is worse than ever.  But no.  Honestly didn't care much for that.

The biggest prob for Lu was that she was so obviously on such a rampage.  Yikes.  She was skeery.  And very, very scattered.  OK, I thought it was bullshit of Carole to tell Sonja not to speak of JFK Jr. cuz he was her family.  But then outta nowhere Lu was flinging arrows at Carole & she said some nasty, cutting, vicious remark about Carole concerning John (maybe not being Carole's family -- I didn't catch the specific remark, but it sounded really nasty in tone).  Man, Lu was so over-the-top in her nastiness to Carole.  Didn't like it.  Ew.

Look, I said it in the thread for the last ep, Sonja's remarks about JFK Jr. were harmless & she was drunk.  Her rambling comments were rooted in that she thought he was a very attractive guy, as a billion other women did, so who the fuck cares?  I was OK with Carole saying nobody who knew him called him John John because this is absolutely correct, but other than that, Carole was off base ordering Sonja not to talk about him.  He is/was a public figure & photographed & talked about maybe every day of his life.  For Carole to demand anyone not to speak about him is ridiculous, and whatever her relationship to him is, it's irrelevant on this issue.

Now, Carole might have said she knew for a fact John was not partying at all in the years before his untimely death & that he was working extremely hard to make his business a success & she was bothered by Sonja's babble because she thought it implied John was a partier rather than the serious hard-working professional he actually was.  But she didn't say that.  Instead, she highlighted that he was her "family".  Idk, seemed to me like she was promoting her Kennedy connection again.  Didn't care for it.

Ugh, I hope we've seen & heard the last of this Lu/Carole/Adam stuff cuz there's is NOTHING new left to be said.  It's just giving me a headache.  Make it stop, Satan Andy.  And oy, Nicole, if you're really that hung up on Adam, get yourself some help, hun.  He really ain't that great.  And Lu, get another chef.  There are a zillion of them around.  And given your sex addict status (OK, I'm guessing on that), Lu, you should make sure he's under 30 & bangable.

I can understand Carole not wanting JFK Jr.'s name to be associated with Sonja in any way!

My mind is officially blown for the day.  I cannot comprehend that Sonja is younger that what JFK Jr would be only because I will forever see him as a young man.  And I see her as an old hag (she's younger than me! No way!) I have a newspaper and the People magazine from when they died.  Broke my heart.  I give Carole permission to guard whatever memories she has of him and Carolyn in any way she wants to.

• Love 17

"Countess" LuAnn was pathetic in her desperate attempt to keep her apple.  She was obviously lying when she said she didn't remember the toast to bring Bethenny down.
And talk about her hypocrisy and making a big deal out of nothing regarding Carole dating her niece's ex.

They need to trim the cast and they need to start with her.

• Love 11

I thought the hooker mermaid look described Kristin, not Lu. bosawks, could you clarify?

Sure, it's like if someone was supposed to take Ariel to Kensington Gardens but instead took her to Kensington & Allegheny in Philly.

• Love 5

What I got out of the conversation about Jason was that the court appointed times for Beth to call and talk to Bryann. Jason knew she would be calling and instead of letting Brynn answer the phone, he would answer it and B eth does not want to talk to Jason (but how old is Brynn?)

• Love 2

I wish someone would have asked LuAnn if she thought her niece dating "the help" was problematic.

LuAnn truly became unraveled tonight and I enjoyed seeing it.  The Countess was "très uncool."   LOL

Me too.  Bethenny pegged her years ago when she called her a snake.    She has lied and gotten away with almost everything until now and the pirate last year.

I could make a long list, but all I will say is that I have always thought she was dumb, always dishonest and truly has no class. 

• Love 12

"Countess" LuAnn was pathetic in her desperate attempt to keep her apple. She was obviously lying when she said she didn't remember the toast to bring Bethenny down.

And talk about her hypocrisy and making a big deal out of nothing regarding Carole dating her niece's ex.

They need to trim the cast and they need to start with her.

I loved the look on Lu's face. She knew she was so busted. Of course she made the toast. Even Beth believed it. Of course, after Beth acted like she didn't care, then Lu was like, oh well no big deal.

I don't believe that Beth didn't care. She seems very committed in acting above the pettiness. That is, unless she thinks it's worthy of a full out scream fest.

I did think it was funny when Beth said she was upset when she saw Lu and Kelly getting mic'd outside of Boutique, Andy quickly moved on, lol. Yes Andy we all believe she just didn't know about Kelly till she walked in.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 15

I really don't care about the relationship between Adam and Carole. I don't care if they're just fucking or if they want to settle down together. I really wish the show would move on from that. I am not buying that Luann is genuinely upset about the situation. I'm just not. I don't know if this storyline was just her wanting to be prominent in this season with Bethenny's return or what, I want them to shut up about it.

I didn't mind Kristen's nails. Embellished nails seem to be very on trend - Katy Perry, Beyonce, and Janelle Monae have rocked some pretty fun nails as of late. I think it's all in fun, not something that has to be analyzed. I did not like Kristen's outfit or the extensions - she looks gorgeous with a bob so her stylist should have kept that. Bethenny looked really cute. The bob suits her. Luann...no comment other than Mermaid Couture Summer 2015 Collection.

Heather...oy. I didn't like you, you then grew on me, and now I'm back to not liking you so much. The constant interjections were irritating. Carol and Bethenny are big girls - they can articulate their points without you speaking for them.

What I got out of the conversation about Jason was that the court appointed times for Beth to call and talk to Bryann. Jason knew she would be calling and instead of letting Brynn answer the phone, he would answer it and B eth does not want to talk to Jason (but how old is Brynn?)

I think she's 4. I've seen toddlers navigate iPads with absolutely no difficult, so I imagine Brynn can pick up the phone by herself, or at the very least, Jason can help her pick up, but let Brynn verbally answer. I get why Bethenny would find Jason picking up annoying. I also felt a little sad for her when Carole said that sometimes Bethenny calls and calls, and there's no answer. I don't like when games like that are played (though Bethenny has played some of her own games with this custody/divorce settlement drama). I guess it's the nature of going through a contentious divorce.

Sonja did not party with John the way she is claiming. I do believe that she may have seen him at charity events, maybe exchanged hellos because of her ex, but I do not believe they were at the club, dancing it up. I bet she saw John at an event a few times and stood next to him with a drink - in her mind, that might constitute partying 'together'.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 5

Luann was so full of it. Continuous backtracking, lying, hypocrisy and below the belt digs. If you have to lie or embellish your story ("they were still together" = they had broken up a year ago but still hooked up, "I have a son who is 20 so I draw the line" = it's not ok for Carole to date a 28 year old but I can skinny dip wih a 21 year old) then it doesn't ring true to me. Completely team Carole.

This backs up what I believe in that Luann is too dumb to take part in a simple argument.  

"It looks like something the women on the old Star Trek used to wear .... shiny, spacey looking fabric and a non-sensical random cut meant to imply it was something fashionable from the future."

That's it !         I have not been able to come up with my own description because it was beyond hideous, but this nails it.

But I might add that it was a rejected Star Trek costume and fired the designer. :)

• Love 2

LuAnn - if you wanted to continue the Adam discussion, you needed to prepare a coherent statement of what bothered you. Running back and forth between he was your niece's boyfriend, he's younger, and he worked for you doesn't cut it.

agreed!

Luann's argument made no sense.  From what I could tell, the age thing wasn't necessarily an issue, just something else for Luann to add to her list of why Carole dating Adam is wrong.

If Adam was in fact still seeing or hooking up with Luann's niece (did Luann break girl code by sharing that with us?), then I can understand why she might be upset, especially if her niece was upset...What makes Carole (and Heather) think that just because Adam told her it was over with Luann's niece, that it actually was?  Here's a news flash Carole, men lie (just ask Ramona).

And why is it such a faux pas for guests/friends to pick up and date the help, but they are fair game for relatives?  Luann will have to write a follow-up book on etiquette regarding the domestic help , because she lost me on that one.

eta: and why isn't Luann mad at Adam?

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 17

I can't figure out why Heather And Carole thought admitting they were at a lunch where the topic was taking Bethenny "down" - without apparently saying anything against the plan - was a good thing. Though it makes me wonder if some of Heather's behavior was In furtherance of the "plan."

To me, it almost seemed like they (Carole and Heather) had toasted to taking down Luann at the reunion. Carole was really on the slut-shaming warpath with her allegations of bathroom trysts and stating as a fact that Luann had sex with Alastair the house manager and the man that she brought back and sent home. Luann admitted to flirting and making out, but said there was no sex (not that she's never been known to lie).

I thought Carole was better than the "Oh yeah?!, well you did ....." type of fighting.  I guess I gave her too much credit.

• Love 11

I don't recall much about this reunion. I was too distracted by Lu's dress and the theme song to the Jetson's played nonstop in my head only being interrupted with the occasional "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson, Danger!"

• Love 8

Sonja is painfully delusional. I can buy that she partied with John Kennedy at some point in her life, but anyone with any sense of decorum/grasp on reality would have said "I understand that you had a much closer relationship with him, but we were friendly, and I stand by that." But she is way out of line continuing her attempts at one-upping and name dropping Carole's family TO Carole. As to Luanne, I think she's awful, but I can see why she would have a hard time with Carole and Adam, although she's not doing herself any favors by changing the argument at every turn. The clear winner in Lu vs. Carole is Adam. So much exposure for someone so boring & who barely appeared on the show. His business has had more mention than Pop of Color.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 12

Great analysis, Rahul:

Madonna was outside of Sonja's show because she wasn't inside watching Sonja's fashion show. Madonna might have been outside the show at an actual fashion week show. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her concert at Madison Square Garden. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her town house in London.

• Love 4

Quite simply it always felt like Bethenny built that apartment with a Jason as a tenant.  Crappy way to run a marriage.  If a man built a huge man cave at the expense of his wife's closet and declared it was his money-there would be words.

For sure there would be words! The words I can think of off the bat are golddigger, mooch and leech. If a woman moved into a 5 million dollar apartment of which she contributed "nothing" towards the purchase of that apartment and then complained that her closet wasn't big enough and expected the man who earned the money and paid for the apartment to sacrifice his man cave, those are the words I would use. I am glad someone pointed out that Bethenny's divorce has lasted as long as or longer than the marriage itself. Jason and Bethenny are not like Ramona and Mario, a marriage that spans decades of commingling money, business and shared sacrifice. They were married for what, 2.5 years? Jason and his money grubbing makes my stomach turn, just like Sonja still trying to squeeze more money out of her ex 10 years later. Sonja is a great example of someone who can't let go of the shiny things that her ex's money afforded her, with an apartment she can't afford to boot.

• Love 18