Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: A Psychic Surprise

• Start Topic

We used to "fork" people's yards. You buy hundreds of crappy plastic forks and plant them tines down all over the yard. It looks awesome. Plus it aerates the lawn right?

....And when they hosted the neighborhood block party they didn't need to buy plasticware!

Never "forked" a yard, that would have been fun!

When they did it to Jeana it was being pure mean.  They had intentionally excluded her from an event and then TP'd her yard.  That was the year Vicki and Tamra backstabbed Jeana in real life over salary demands.  I say bring Jeana back and get rid of some of the old wood.

Didn't see that episode but that is mean. We never did it out of meanness.

• Love 4

We used to "fork" people's yards. You buy hundreds of crappy plastic forks and plant them tines down all over the yard. It looks awesome. Plus it aerates the lawn right?

Ha! My daughter and I came home one day from a college visit when she was a high school senior and there were 100s of forks all over our lawn : ) My daughter then saran-wrapped the culprit's car the next day. 

• Love 7

I think we should get back to ragging on the OC Freakshow before the mods put us in time out for being off topic and force us to write letters of contrition and send them by snail mail.

For the record I have forked and TPed all over this thread and everyone's posts! I am not sorry!!!!!

• Love 13

The TP discussion is rather interesting, because it's something I only know about through television. Most people I grew up with either lived in apartments or areas where trees were city property. And most of our families were either poor or lower middle class, so I doubt I'd be able to grasp the concept of wasting a good roll of toilet paper on a tree. I probably wouldn't even grasp that it was a prank.

• Love 7

If this is the case or not, (and it very well may not be) I felt bad. This was very much a "shoot the messenger" situation. Vicki reacted very strangely. I wonder if Shannon sent Vicki a heads up text before dinner, and Vicki knew what was coming and left. Vicki probably has more power and say in her storylines than Shannon, and was pissed off that Shannon was going to bring it up on camera that evening.

Vicki was acting strangely.  When Shannon whispered to go to the bathroom with her, Vicki said, "No, it's weird".  If I agree with one female stereotype, it's that we tend to travel in pairs to the bathroom.  Vicki's reaction was weird, not Shannon's suggestion.

And I don't feel at all bad that Meghan is being blamed as shit stirrer - that was her intention.  Not only did she out Tamra and Heather's presence with the psychic (so Vicki can later ream them out for listening), Meghan also bee lined to the person she clashes with the most.  I can easily believe she put Shannon in the situation of either keeping a secret from Vicki, or being the lucky one who experiences Vicki's wrath with the story.

Rolling houses (that's what it's called down here in the South where I live) is common and no big deal around here.  I can't count the number of times my house was rolled when my now-grown daughter was in middle/high school.  It's a total hassle but the kids all did it to each other, and if I woke up and saw it, I'd go get her out of bed and get her to clean it up.  I never really minded that.  What I DID mine was when someone threw thousands of q tips into my holly bushes.  Oh, and the maxi pad adhesive that I never totally got off the back window of my SUV.

She was a cheerleader and they even forked her tumbling coach's yard.  They made signs with nice sayings on paper plates and attached them to the forks.  Guess they weren't too worried about him knowing who did it!  They did go back and clean up his yard though. 

But you're describing a situation of tacit permission.  I only TP'd as a senior. It was an unspoken pact with my close circle of friends that we were tp'd for our birthdays.  They got me good on my birthday (my first b-day since my dad died), and they did a phenomenal job.  At dawn, it was blindingly bright.  Every huge oak tree was enveloped, and it was impossible to see anything beyond it.  My mom knew they had gone out of their way because of my dad, and she woke me up so I could enjoy.  She then cleaned it all up by herself when I returned to bed.  Awesome mother.

But sometimes people TP people they dislike, and it becomes an almost bullying situation.  Thank God I'm from the Midwest where you can't be shot for standing in someone's yard, but my house was egged once to intimidate my young cousin, and I would have killed those little fuckers if I had a chance.  Completely different scenario.

• Love 5

It's the sneaking out at night (really? At 10?!) and injuring herself (I consider a bone fracture to be a significant injury) that really made it more serious for me. I think I would have some pretty hard questions for the parents of the house where she was staying.

If they were older teens, I think that I wouldn't be as appalled by the whole thing. But appears that negligent supervision played a role here.

It also confirmed Shannon's over-protectiveness in not allowing them to attend sleep overs.  They shot themselves in the foot on that one, and they may not get sleep overs for years now.  Rich kids can be preyed on just as easily as poor kids.

• Love 4

Vicki was acting strangely.  When Shannon whispered to go to the bathroom with her, Vicki said, "No, it's weird".  If I agree with one female stereotype, it's that we tend to travel in pairs to the bathroom.  Vicki's reaction was weird, not Shannon's suggestion.

And I don't feel at all bad that Meghan is being blamed as shit stirrer - that was her intention.  Not only did she out Tamra and Heather's presence with the psychic (so Vicki can later ream them out for listening), Meghan also bee lined to the person she clashes with the most.  I can easily believe she put Shannon in the situation of either keeping a secret from Vicki, or being the lucky one who experiences Vicki's wrath with the story.

But you're describing a situation of tacit permission.  I only TP'd as a senior. It was an unspoken pact with my close circle of friends that we were tp'd for our birthdays.  They got me good on my birthday (my first b-day since my dad died), and they did a phenomenal job.  At dawn, it was blindingly bright.  Every huge oak tree was enveloped, and it was impossible to see anything beyond it.  My mom knew they had gone out of their way because of my dad, and she woke me up so I could enjoy.  She then cleaned it all up by herself when I returned to bed.  Awesome mother.

But sometimes people TP people they dislike, and it becomes an almost bullying situation.  Thank God I'm from the Midwest where you can't be shot for standing in someone's yard, but my house was egged once to intimidate my young cousin, and I would have killed those little fuckers if I had a chance.  Completely different scenario.

Hell would have rained down upon me if I had egged somebody's property. I knew better and I think that is where parenting comes into play.

• Love 6

It's the sneaking out at night (really? At 10?!) and injuring herself (I consider a bone fracture to be a significant injury) that really made it more serious for me. I think I would have some pretty hard questions for the parents of the house where she was staying.

If they were older teens, I think that I wouldn't be as appalled by the whole thing. But appears that negligent supervision played a role here.

I agree with you. They're 10 years old!  Negligent supervision is the problem.

When my kids were young and had sleepovers, I barely slept a wink.   The responsibility of watching over other people's children is not something I took lightly.   

• Love 12

From the start of the season, I´ve thought Brooks looks sick, at least he looks thinner and older than he used to be. If (sadly he can´t be 100% trusted) he has cancer, I completely support him not doing chemo.

• Love 1

I agree that the worst part of the sleepover situation was that the kids weren't properly supervised. I'd have gone nuts at the parents if my children were out running around in the dark when no one knew where they were. TP'ing is one thing (I did it in high school but went over the next morning with my friends to clean it up) but egging is a totally different thing. Cars were egged on our street overnight and by time that was discovered the next morning, the eggs had eaten away the paint on many of the cars. My folks were livid! The 4 culprits were outed by a fellow football player. They were put on probation and their parents had to make restitution to everyone who had to have their cars repainted. Eggs can do a lot of damage to cars and houses. Don't do it, kids!

• Love 8

So...I've been pretty vocal (in writing) here on the topic of TP-ing.  In our area it IS an honor.  Egging?  A completely different story.  It often causes damage (especially to cars in our heat) and is treated as vandalism.  If the culprits are caught they must make restitution and most have community service.  I'm discussing minors...junior high and high school kids.

• Love 2

When I was in high school we tried to TP a 6 floor apt. Building in aluminum foil. It was all fun and games until the police arrived. Fortunately, I left town the next day and escaped but a friend was taken to the police station. A group of friends also hung a Christmas tree from an oak tree over the front door of my house. When you walked out of the house, you walked into the Christmas tree. We were active rollers but I was in high school and it was the 70s. It was a sign of popularity back then. OT - why did Tamra look so concerned when Shannon was holding the baby? She was hovering over Shannon like Shannon had never held a baby before.

• Love 2

When I was in high school we tried to TP a 6 floor apt. Building in aluminum foil. It was all fun and games until the police arrived. Fortunately, I left town the next day and escaped but a friend was taken to the police station. A group of friends also hung a Christmas tree from an oak tree over the front door of my house. When you walked out of the house, you walked into the Christmas tree. We were active rollers but I was in high school and it was the 70s. It was a sign of popularity back then. OT - why did Tamra look so concerned when Shannon was holding the baby? She was hovering over Shannon like Shannon had never held a baby before.

Because the  baby is Tamra's story line and she was pissed that the attention was not on her?

• Love 8

I did the "harmless" pranks now too when I was younger and as an adult, I'm ashamed I participated.  I don't look back on my youth and being disrespectful as no biggie.  

Okay, off soapbox!  I sound like a real pill.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3

I don't really have a problem with all the rolling I participated in as a youth, but, I'm still friends with one of my co-rollers and we've discussed how much more likely we would be to have gotten shot if we did the same stuff today. It would be much more dangerous. Plus, 10 is way too young to be out alone in the middle of the night. IMO. I think Shannon was more upset about the ankle and the danger. I also think Shannon is big on appearances and wanted to show a United, strict front on TV. But, I know even less than Shannon about what it's like to be 10 today.

• Love 4

I don't really have a problem with all the rolling I participated in as a youth, but, I'm still friends with one of my co-rollers and we've discussed how much more likely we would be to have gotten shot if we did the same stuff today. It would be much more dangerous. Plus, 10 is way too young to be out alone in the middle of the night. IMO. I think Shannon was more upset about the ankle and the danger. I also think Shannon is big on appearances and wanted to show a United, strict front on TV. But, I know even less than Shannon about what it's like to be 10 today.

I totally understand misguided youth.  I don't think the fact that Shannon's kids did that make them bad kids.  I just personally think as a parent you shouldn't treat it as a rite of passage.  And given how young they are, you have to hammer them even more.  So in my mind, to act like a letter was a tough punishment and then letting the girls bitch and moan...

• Love 3

When David was telling the kids about throwing pumpkins at mailboxes it was the most alert and animated he's been all season. 

Shannon's final statement to David on their attempt to dole out punishment: "Well, you ruined that!" David immediately went back into Xanax face.

Jim really, really, really doesn't want to spend time with his new bride, does he? I guess Meghan is trying too hard to figure out her role -- somewhere in the sweet spot between babysitter and mother -- because her husband doesn't seem to need her otherwise. Jim seems glad that the show gave her a way to spend her time between packing and unpacking his stuff.

• Love 11

When David was telling the kids about throwing pumpkins at mailboxes it was the most alert and animated he's been all season. 

Shannon's final statement to David on their attempt to dole out punishment: "Well, you ruined that!" David immediately went back into Xanax face.

Jim really, really, really doesn't want to spend time with his new bride, does he? I guess Meghan is trying too hard to figure out her role -- somewhere in the sweet spot between babysitter and mother -- because her husband doesn't seem to need her otherwise. Jim seems glad that the show gave her a way to spend her time between packing and unpacking his stuff.

Ha, I noticed that too.  I do agree with Shannon in a way that David's timing was off.  However, my parents would discipline me when I fucked up but that after they doled out the punishment, they'd tell me their stories.  Essentially I walked away knowing that despite my misdeeds that I had to make right, my parents could be shitheads too.  So I felt better about things.  But of course, Shannon's way of correcting David is the reason that people seem sympathetic towards his plight.

• Love 4

I completely get why people use examples such as the "throwing pumpkins at mailboxes" comment and Shannon's reaction as a reason that people feel bad for David. I saw his comment as being a "not the right place at the right time" statement. I thought he only served to undermine Shannon in that situation, and that the two parents should have shown a united front at this point. This may be where the disrespect for Shannon comes in (re: "Yeah when you're drinking.) I think both parents need to keep their business out of their kid's lives, present a united front, and not tolerate disrespect towards the other parent. But with these two it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

If my parents had disciplined me like that when I was younger, I would've turned into a brat too!

Well the two girls shouldn't be put on TV like this anyways, so I give a big fat 0 in parenting to both Shannon and David. 

• Love 5

I just can't figure out David. Is he on drugs, or what? He's got such a flat affect, showing nary an emotion, that I wonder if that's just his personality, or if he's on some kind of chemical calming agent. If I had done, at age 10, what those two brats did, my dad would have been all ape-shit bozo all over my behind. And if we dared to talk like that to mom or him like they did, our asses would have been in a vise. But David just sat there, like in a coma. Same reaction during the whole Brooks/Vicki fiasco in the restaurant. David, in a very monotone voice, said "That's too bad" and a couple of other things. But it was all so unemotional.

Didn't anyone else find the psychic to be skeevy? There was just something about him that screamed charlitan.

Jimmy is still an ass. He obviously has never been taught how to use a napkin. We get the sports channel that he's on, and even on that, he's got the personality of a skinned carp. IMHO, he doesn't have a broadcasting voice. He's coasting on past laurels.

• Love 9

I just can't figure out David. Is he on drugs, or what? He's got such a flat affect, showing nary an emotion, that I wonder if that's just his personality, or if he's on some kind of chemical calming agent. If I had done, at age 10, what those two brats did, my dad would have been all ape-shit bozo all over my behind. And if we dared to talk like that to mom or him like they did, our asses would have been in a vise. But David just sat there, like in a coma. Same reaction during the whole Brooks/Vicki fiasco in the restaurant. David, in a very monotone voice, said "That's too bad" and a couple of other things. But it was all so unemotional.

You're right, he's very low key and almost comatose at times. Which is most certainly not the take-charge Type A personality one would expect to be successfully running large freeway construction projects, dealing with loud machinery and the roar of nearby traffic so you have to yell all day long to be heard, constant problems with work or materials quality, making sure the needed equipment and supplies are on hand and working, dealing with unexpected employee absenteeism, crew shortages, and work screw-ups, plus those surprise visits from government types, etc. 8 to 10 hours of this five days a week requires a very forceful and resilient type.

Maybe he switches to power-save mode when he's not on the job. I mean almost complete system shutdown. Except when an attractive younger woman catches his eye. 

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 9

Man, Shannon's twin brats are 2 freakin' entitled little brats. 

I was thinking the same thing when I saw their smug little asshole attitudes towards their parents.  Judging by the kids' complete contempt for both of them, it's obvious that David and Shannon have never even attempted to discipline them for anything before.  

If my ten-year-old spoke to me the way Sophie did (Adelaide wasn't as defiant or mouthy, but she'd get hers too), or refused do as she was told, I would have marched straight to her room and gathered up all her electronics - phone, tablet, computer, gaming station -- EVERYTHING the kid has been given, and lock it up somewhere secure.  Then I'd clear everything out of her closets and dressers except one week's worth of the most basic clothing.  Then I'd finish with the screwdriver and hammer and physically remove the door from her room.

Those children would get a lecture on what I as a parent am obligated to provide for them, and that the only time they will be permitted to leave their rooms is for school.  Period.  They would be informed what it will take on their part to earn these items back, one by one, or that the status quo will become permanent until they turn 18 or graduate from high school - whichever comes first.  And they'd also be informed that if they ever smart-mouthed or refused again to do anything they were directed to do, they'd lose everything they'd earned back and have to start all over again.

Of course, parents MUST possess vigilance and a stronger will than their children in order for this method to make a lasting impression.  That's why having children too late in life is not a good idea.

They're lucky they didn't have my Dad.  Or great-grandmother.  I remember once when I was about 8 years old watching my great-grandmother (in her mid-60s at the time) chase my 13 year old uncle around the yard with a bar of soap in her hand.  She finally did get him down and wash his mouth out with the soap.  I never heard him sass her again.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4

I was thinking the same thing when I saw their smug little asshole attitudes towards their parents.  Judging by the kids' complete contempt for both of them, it's obvious that David and Shannon have never even attempted to discipline them for anything before.  

At least Shannon was seriously trying to show them she was disgusted by their fuckin' bratty behavior & was stressing to them she thought it was not OK & not acceptable to her.  Good for her on that.  But man, I wanted to slap the shit outta David for being such an idiot in that scene.  That was not the time for him to go into how he vandalized when he was a kid.  Shannon was trying to make an important point to these brats about the seriousness of vandalizing & David fucked the whole thing up, by countering Shannon & pretty much re-enforcing these brats' attitudes that it was no big deal.  Wow, great parenting there, David.  Fool.

I suppose, from the preview for next ep, we see confirmation of what I've suspected -- that the kids know exactly how shitty their marriage is.  I mean, sheesh, for shit's sake, they live in the same house as them -- it may be a giganto house, but still.  Of course they know how shitty their marriage is.  And if the kids didn't know, Shannon made that great decision (oh yeah, it was for the sake of their marriage, right?) to broadcast their shit marriage on this show for all the world to see.  You're just realizing now the kids know about your crappy marriage, Shannon?  OK then.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Didn't anyone else find the psychic to be skeevy? There was just something about him that screamed charlitan.

Jimmy is still an ass. He obviously has never been taught how to use a napkin. We get the sports channel that he's on, and even on that, he's got the personality of a skinned carp. IMHO, he doesn't have a broadcasting voice. He's coasting on past laurels.

I noticed that about David.  He's really dead, flat & monotone on camera.  Maybe he's really tired when they're filming?  The only time he's shown any kind of emotion so far this season was when he & Shannon were fighting in the golf cart.  Oh, and maybe a little bit in the cemetery therapy session (but I thought he was faking his crying there).  Otherwise, he seems & looks like a zombie right outta Night of the Living Dead.  This is what you're fighting so hard to stick around with, Shannon?  Really?

Honestly, to me, the psychic looked like someone who tried hustling on Rentboy, couldn't make much reliable dough, & then tried this psychic crapola as just another way to make dough.  He looked like a slimy hustler -- and nothing else.

Ugh, watching Jimmy smacking his blubber lips on his fingers was gross.  That scene made me wanna vomit.  But one other thing I noticed was Jimmy's fire & anger when Meghan told him about Vicks asking whether Haley had a job.  He said very angrily that it was nobody's "God-damned business" how he raised his children.  Hmmmm.  

Makes me wonder how much Jimmy is pulling Meghan's strings on how she behaves on the show.  Remember, Jimmy has come out (well, er, about this anyway) about being the one who actually disinvited Shannon to the charity party.  Meghan said she agreed with this stance, but whatever.  Jimmy was pulling the strings.  Wonder if Jimmy has ordered Meghan to do whatever she can to smack down Vicks -- and that's where her motivation is coming from to keep going so full force on the Brooks-doesn't-have-cancer issue.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Hell would have rained down upon me if I had egged somebody's property. I knew better and I think that is where parenting comes into play.

Same, egging causes permanent damage. TPing is not really done maliciously around here. Din dong ditching is fifty fifty. When I was a kid we ding dong ditched a neighbor and he came out with a bat. It felt like I was laying in the ditch or hours waiting for him to go inside. There is an elderly man who lives on my block, he is super friendly and everyone loves him. For some stupid reason my daughter and her friends thought it would be funny to ding dong ditch him. I guess he came out shouting at them. they were terrified and really thought he would find it funny. I learned this months after the fact. My daughter confessed and felt really bad about it.

Do we know if Shannon's twins were out late, or even snuck out? I am assuming so but its possible they did it in daylight. IDK- I cannot fathom 10 year oldgirls sneaking out late at night. I have three girls and my youngest is 10. She is my wild one, and I get the feeling I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk, I feel very confident she would not even consider sneaking out of someone's house as a 10 year old.

• Love 2

Yeah, that 10 year old brat was wrong when she whined about them not understanding the mind of 10 year old.  Not exactly difficult to figure you out, brat.  To a 10 year old this vandalizing crap is hilarious.  To the ones whose damage the brat has caused, they will have to go thru the time & expense of fixing whatever damage the brat caused.  David's behavior in front of the brats was just all kinds of ridiculous.  He looked like such an asshole.  Guess he wouldn't give a shit if he was the victim of random pranks from brat kids damaging his property?  Me doubts it.  I've never much cared for David.  Now I'm leaning to deep dislike as the season goes on.

• Love 5

So funny when the psychic stopped and closed his eyes in deep psychicy consideration - I'll bet he was thinking, "What a load of suckers!"

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

Can I say that I've found this season of OC to be tame and less of a headache then season 7 of ny?

Yes, both shows had the girlcode talk..but each show used the term in different ways. NY used girlcode to say girls shouldn't out other girls secret hook ups or date the help ( I think)...and this show wad using girl code to mean that you shouldn't be befriending the new wife if you were close friends with the ex wife (kind of like first wives club). Based on how tamra, vicki, and Shannon were talking about the allison/meghan situation...it does add fuel to the belief that jimmy wax cheating on allison with meghan especially given how shannon is acting.

Also, if heather tough this psychic is cute..she should check out his website if she wants to see him shirtless.

Lastly, I did see Shannon defend brooks/vicki during that scene in one instance where she explained how it is possible to stop chemo to go for experimental treatments..that sheS seen this happen alot.

What I've liked in the last several episodes is that there had been little screaming...that they've had discussions about step parenting vs biological parenting, sahm vs working moms, and even different cancer treatments. Plus, I like that all the women are married, or in LTR'S so there isn't any cruising for men...just women drinking, having fun and acting silly...and no mean drunks (lizzie wasn't drinking lol).

Overall, I like how organic things seem to be..and I wish producers would just stay out of the kitchen and stop pushing shannon to act cray cray, advise meghan to focus her energies on vicki, and retrain tamra on how to stir the pot..she's gotten too sloppy (of course, sheS only had Gretchen and Alexis in the past so it makes sense she would get rusty). Shannon, I think throws off tamra in some ways cause I think tamra likes her...but can't resist being a bully...

• Love 1

As far as Andy is concerned? He's a pimp, plain and simple, he's a user! He feels it's his job to find a Stepford wife with major flaws so he can get the HWs to demonstrate his theory that all women are shallow/hypocrites and will do anything for fame...money...jewelry...After all, the average American female HW would be boring to watch and also wouldn't make Satan Andys case. He stirs the pot and yet he is the quickest to judge their actions by their reactions to what is stirred up like a self fulfilling prophesy. He is in the drivers seat whispering to each lady and then after the damage feigns surprise to witness such cray, cray scenes. Oh, yes, he's definitely living out his fantasy of revenge for all those who have "wronged" him in high school or college. In the very least, making a political statement by exposing what's really happening behind the gates as if he is doing as a public service...

Meh, no one is forcing these women to do the show and cash the checks.
  • Love 3

What a boring episode.

That psychic ---- puhleese!!!! Tamra had never met him. Anyone else find it weird that she has been face timing him for over a year, discussing her life? I don't think my husband would appreciate that. Meghan is such a bitch -- she knows nothing about Vicki and Brooks.

Man, I felt bad for Shannon. Yes, her timing was off, but I understand that she was upset and afraid to keep the gossip to herself. Vicki definitely overreacted.

I would love to see Vicki knock Meghan out next week.

I really enjoy Shannon.....she is so real.

• Love 4

I think the one to watch as the Brooks story progresses is Heather.   I have no doubt that if Terry wanted to know what was going on with Brooks he would be able to  find out and I have no doubt he'd tell her privately.   She was very quiet about it so far, but I think how she is in group scenes will say something about whether she knows something or not.

• Love 2

I don't think Terry would be able to find out anything about Brooks. He's a plastic surgeon who would have no reason to ask an oncologist or some alternative practitioner about their patient. Medical info doesn't flow like water between providers, especially if they aren't in the same practice or aren't already involved with that patient. We have to jump through all the HIPPA hoops to get info on the patients we already have.

• Love 5

I think the one to watch as the Brooks story progresses is Heather.   I have no doubt that if Terry wanted to know what was going on with Brooks he would be able to  find out and I have no doubt he'd tell her privately.   She was very quiet about it so far, but I think how she is in group scenes will say something about whether she knows something or not.

I don't think Terry would jeopardize losing his medical license digging up dirt on Brooks.

• Love 4

I think the one to watch as the Brooks story progresses is Heather.   I have no doubt that if Terry wanted to know what was going on with Brooks he would be able to  find out and I have no doubt he'd tell her privately.   She was very quiet about it so far, but I think how she is in group scenes will say something about whether she knows something or not.

I don't think Terry would jeopardize losing his medical license digging up dirt on Brooks.

You don't have to … the oncologist would just say … "Well, if this unnamed man had this cancer and did THIS, then I would suspect … "  

Just ask the right questions the right way (and they all know how.)

Besides, the oncologists' spouses could be Terry's patients!  And Terry may work on cancer patients and probably does.

There was kind of an interesting exchange at the beginning of the season when Tamra claimed Brooks and Vicki had not been in touch with Terry and Vicki said they had.  My guess is Terry doesn't have the time or inclination to follow up on Brooks disease and I doubt Vicki or Brooks would ask him to. 

Vicki is still claiming Brooks has cancer so I think this is really a bad storyline.

• Love 1
I don't understand what a plastic surgeon would have to do the treatment of a cancer patient (aside from reconstructive surgery). Terry can't hack into some secret database where Brooks' medical records are.

I didn't get the impression that the posters thought Terry was affiliated with Brooks' treatment...or that he could hack into any medical databases.  I got the impression he thought doctors might talk among themselves...especially about reality TV "stars."   There are bound to be people at a lower clerical level in Brooks' medical insurance company who would be happy to gossip...or sell what they know.  There are always ways.

• Love 2

Unless Brooks signed a release allowing Terry to discuss his medical information with someone else which I highly doubt since he is a plastic surgeon. Brook has a type of cancer that is not in any way relatable to a plastic surgeon. Terry is also very busy and there is not one doctor ever  I know that wants to discuss any patient that is not on their list UNLESS, a consult has been requested by the patient's primary or specialist.  

• Love 4

It's so gross that speculation about the validity of Brook's cancer diagnosis is a storyline this season. I think these shows are verging into unwatchable territory.

Well, yeah, for me it's the nastiness of these accusations, that makes it all so blech, ick, yuck & feh.  I believe these accusations are ALL PRODUCER DRIVEN.  They're prodding Meghan, who's such a reprehensible, awful, horrible woman, that she clearly doesn't give a fuck if she destroys someone's reputation.  Guess being the beard wife of an aging, thoroughly unpleasant (& possibly gay) man makes ya real cranky, eh?  No excuse for your never-ending nastiness, Meghan.

No, I'm more convinced than ever, Brooks does indeed have cancer, but he was a very easy target/victim for Satan Andy & his minions to create a storyline for the season.  Why is he such an easy target?  Because he's always talked like a slick, slimy conman, even when he tells the truth.  That's just who Brooksie is.  So it's easy to turn around much of what he says into many meanings.  

Look, Brooksie is not exactly likeable & he's an extremely suspicious character.  He doesn't work, he's penniless, he's been a deadbeat dad & he's pretty much being completely financially supported by Vicks, who even bought him a full set of brand new teeth.  So it's real easy for us to believe the worst of Brooksie.  And I think Satan Andy & his crew set about to manipulate us into thinking the worst of Brooksie, for the sake of the main storyline this season.

So if you find this storyline of ATTACKING Brooksie on whether or not he has cancer & find it as extremely nasty & distasteful as I do, then first blame Satan Andy & his slimeball producers for creating this shit & then maybe Meghan for "playing" it out.  Oh, and Tams also bears some blame.  But Tams is making a lot of money from this show now.  Don't forget that.  And she's supporting that failing gym, loser Eddie, her rat-face son & his fiance & her brood.  That's a lot of people she's supporting.  She will do ANYTHING Satan Andy tells her to do.  That includes finding some fake psychic to say whatever.

As far as Heather's & Shannon's involvement in this nastiness?  I was disappointed by what Heather said.  She said the nonsense the psychic was saying (and maybe some things Brooksie may have said) have made her suspicious -- or something to that effect.  What the what?  No.  Heather is a very sensible gal.  And coming to a conclusion of being suspicious of Brooks not having cancer, from what has been thrown at us, makes no sense.  I think Heather was being prodded by producers to say this.  

And Shannon was being manipulated, rather than prodded, by producers.  She's very sensitive & didn't want to keep a big secret from Vicks,  She's a jittery loon anyway, so I can see her behavior at the dinner being a real way for her to deal with this.

Vicks' latest Bravo blog was very telling.  Please read it.  To me, she says very indirectly she's quite aware of what's going on.  She says Brooks was being "interrogated" at Tams' gym & she could feel they were being set up.  She also says several times, these accusations (of Brooks not having cancer) make for great TV & are entertaining.  Ah, but I'm sure Vicks can't break the fourth wall & actually accuse Satan Andy of creating this storyline.  But she is clearly extremely angry about it.  

Well, what can Vicks do?  She signed up for this shit & she must be making nearly a million bucks now for the season.  So she's gotta take this crap, whether she likes it or not.  So yeah, the accusations of Brooks not having cancer are pretty awful, if he does have cancer, which I think he does.  BUT it makes me wonder how much dough Brooks makes from the show -- cuz he's gotta be paid something for his participation, right?

Now, if this is indeed some dumb, slimy storyline & Brooks does have cancer, in spite of these nasty accusations being hurled that he doesn't, would I feel sorry for Brooks -- or Vicks?  Nah, not one bit.  Vicks is making a ton of dough from this show & maybe Brooks is too.  And Brooks is still a slimy con man & he won't get any sympathy from me, no matter what.  The prob for me here is, as a viewer, I think the nastiness of this main storyline is gross & I don't especially wanna watch it.

One other thing I absolutely hated in this ep was Tams' commentary on Shannon at her gym & the way she was working out.  Shouldn't it be an absolute no-no to laugh at or make fun of anyone working out in your gym?  Not only did Tams do that to Shannon, she also does it again in her Bravo blog.  Ugh, she is such a pig.  Oink, Tams, oink.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

One other thing I absolutely hated in this ep was Tams' commentary on Shannon at her gym & the way she was working out.  Shouldn't it be an absolute no-no to laugh at or make fun of anyone working out in your gym?  Not only did Tams do that to Shannon, she also does it again in her Bravo blog.  Ugh, she is such a pig.  Oink, Tams, oink.

So true!!!  It was so unprofessional.  And plus, who would want to sign up for that class (or anything else happening at that gym), knowing how mean and childish Tamra, and perhaps other instructors, are?  Who wants to go there and be subjected to nasty comments, even (especially) if they're being made behind your back?  What an unsupportive environment.  

• Love 9

I agree.  I also don't think he cares that much.  (And I'm not saying that as a criticism.  Why would he really care one way or the other?)

• Love 4

Re Tamra's "professionalism."  I canceled further physical therapy appointments with the therapist-owner when I saw her making "I'm going crazy!" gestures to one of her assistants...about me (behind my back)  I was there for a herniated disc and couldn't raise/move my arm the way she wanted me too.  Unfortunately (for her), she has mirrors on every wall and I could see everything she did.  She actually spent more time in her private office having "a mood" as her staff called it--than she did with patients.  I haven't decided whether or not to squeal to my insurance company.

• Love 6

Re Tamra's "professionalism."  I canceled further physical therapy appointments with the therapist-owner when I saw her making "I'm going crazy!" gestures to one of her assistants...about me (behind my back)  I was there for a herniated disc and couldn't raise/move my arm the way she wanted me too.  Unfortunately (for her), she has mirrors on every wall and I could see everything she did.  She actually spent more time in her private office having "a mood" as her staff called it--than she did with patients.  I haven't decided whether or not to squeal to my insurance company.

I had a bully PT when I was rehabbing from ankle surgery.  It started with uncalled for passive-aggressive comments here and there, and graduated to picking on me for no good reason (I was working my ass off, like soaked in sweat, tears from pain, working my ass off).  The final straw was when she insinuated that I probably flirted with one of the male physical therapists I worked with when she was out one day, because I still couldn't stand on one leg for 2 minutes (who can??), to get out of doing my exercises.  I never went back, and wish I had reported her for her unprofessional behavior. She's no longer there, so it's way too late. 

ETA - I found out later (from another PT) that having someone stand on one leg for more than a few seconds, especially on a surgically repaired, swollen ankle or any surgery on that particular leg, is really bad, and could have resulted in more damage.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5

Idk, I was wondering why nobody especially noticed or pointed out how awful it was the way Tams was making fun of Shannon working out in her gym.  Hmmm, it does seem like Tams is hardly ever there & Eds is pretty much running it.  Guess it's for the best.  Gives loser Eddie something to do.  Now, will Tams' shit attitude toward someone working out in her gym affect the gym?  Maybe, but I doubt it.  Doesn't seem like anyone noticed how Tams was slaughtering Shannon.  Guess it doesn't matter anyway cuz that place is doomed no matter what.

Well, Jackie Warner was holding herself up as some fitness guru.  Tams?  Er, not so much.  Was interesting how Jackie could never live down that one scene which seemed to show her laughing at a woman working out in her gym who had breast cancer.  The irony was, in spite of Jackie's otherwise total unprofessionalism & her ridiculously over-the-top arrogance & her inept skill as a trainer, she actually wasn't laughing at that woman.  But look at what happened because of that one scene -- major sponsors pulled out of her show, it was quickly cancelled, her gym eventually closed & the considerable success she had, dried up.  Different situation than with Tams.  Oh, I'm sure her business will fail, but  I think that's more because there's too much nearby competition from better places.

And Shannon working out?  She absolutely gets kudos from me for trying.  Jumping up on that plastic step thing is not easy.  If you haven't done that before or the exercises Tams was screaming at her to do, it's very difficult, particularly if you're over 40 -- but really at any age.  Making fun of anyone's efforts to exercise is just all kinds of wrong.  The mere effort should ONLY be encouraged & applauded by any sort of person in the fitness industry.  Says a lot about Tams that she did what she did to Shannon.  I'm extremely bothered by Tams for doing this to Shannon & I'm annoyed too with Satan Andy & his evil minions for showing us this cruel shit with such glee.  Ah, but this does say a lot about the level of Tams' "professionalism" in the fitness industry.  Um, suppressing chortles, chuckles & giggles.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
I'm extremely bothered by Tams for doing this to Shannon & I'm annoyed too with Satan Andy & his evil minions for showing us this cruel shit with such glee.

I assume the meaner and trashier Tamra behaves, the more Andy likes it.  He problaly gives her a bonus for every 100 gripes about her.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1