Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: A Psychic Surprise

• Start Topic

I hope this is on the right site but am continuing to watch the one with the "psychic" meeting Tamra, Heather and Meghan at the restaurant. I actually laughed out loud when he looked to the sky and "thought" about his vision. What a doofus and fake. Why do people by into this? I know this is all for show and fakey/fakey but I know in real life that people do actually believe in this bullcrap. How stupid do you have to be to believe in this stuff? 

• Love 3

Could Gandhi tell when people had cancer? Was that part of what he did? Because I'm confused as to what the psychic said he's not Gandhi. Yeah. We know. No one is. Unless there's a Gandhi, Jr. Or Gandhi the third. Then they're Gandhi. I think I'm getting a headache so I'm going to go start drinking now. Carry on.

• Love 1

Idk, I was wondering why nobody especially noticed or pointed out how awful it was the way Tams was making fun of Shannon working out in her gym. Hmmm, it does seem like Tams is hardly ever there & Eds is pretty much running it. Guess it's for the best. Gives loser Eddie something to do. Now, will Tams' shit attitude toward someone working out in her gym affect the gym? Maybe, but I doubt it. Doesn't seem like anyone noticed how Tams was slaughtering Shannon. Guess it doesn't matter anyway cuz that place is doomed no matter what.

Well, Jackie Warner was holding herself up as some fitness guru. Tams? Er, not so much. Was interesting how Jackie could never live down that one scene which seemed to show her laughing at a woman working out in her gym who had breast cancer. The irony was, in spite of Jackie's otherwise total unprofessionalism & her ridiculously over-the-top arrogance & her inept skill as a trainer, she actually wasn't laughing at that woman. But look at what happened because of that one scene -- major sponsors pulled out of her show, it was quickly cancelled, her gym eventually closed & the considerable success she had, dried up. Different situation than with Tams. Oh, I'm sure her business will fail, but I think that's more because there's too much nearby competition from better places.

And Shannon working out? She absolutely gets kudos from me for trying. Jumping up on that plastic step thing is not easy. If you haven't done that before or the exercises Tams was screaming at her to do, it's very difficult, particularly if you're over 40 -- but really at any age. Making fun of anyone's efforts to exercise is just all kinds of wrong. The mere effort should ONLY be encouraged & applauded by any sort of person in the fitness industry. Says a lot about Tams that she did what she did to Shannon. I'm extremely bothered by Tams for doing this to Shannon & I'm annoyed too with Satan Andy & his evil minions for showing us this cruel shit with such glee. Ah, but this does say a lot about the level of Tams' "professionalism" in the fitness industry. Um, suppressing chortles, chuckles & giggles.

Jackie wasn't laughing at the cancer patient (fitness model Jamie Eason sp?)? I must be remembering incorrectly. Wasn't she laughing with her assistant? On camera? It's been ages so who knows.

I think she was making fun of her breasts and then the client said she'd had a mastectomy and reconstruction, IIRC?

Yeah, Jackie (mostly) and an employee were bad-mouthing a client who was working out with Brian Peeler and was overheard by the client's boyfriend. When Brian confronted Jackie, she denied it and fired him.

• Love 1

I don't agree, but this is off topic, so just real quick, this was the situation.  It wasn't clear if Jackie was laughing at the woman working out in her gym.  In her office, she was laughing along with her manager, who was actually making fun of Brian Peeler, the cocky trainer Jackie wasn't getting along with.  Was the manager making fun of the woman Peeler was training (who had breast cancer) too?  Maybe, but it was also not necessarily clear.  My assessment was Jackie got caught up in a moment & she may not have been malicious.  But she looked bad.  Really, really bad -- and on camera.  Uh-oh.

Well, it was different with Tams.  She slaughtered the way Shannon was working out & yet nobody seems to care.  Hmmm.

I don't agree, but this is off topic, so just real quick, this was the situation. It wasn't clear if Jackie was laughing at the woman working out in her gym. In her office, she was laughing along with her manager, who was actually making fun of Brian Peeler, the cocky trainer Jackie wasn't getting along with. Was the manager making fun of the woman Peeler was training (who had breast cancer) too? Maybe, but it was also not necessarily clear. My assessment was Jackie got caught up in a moment & she may not have been malicious. But she looked bad. Really, really bad -- and on camera. Uh-oh.

Well, it was different with Tams. She slaughtered the way Shannon was working out & yet nobody seems to care. Hmmm.

Yeah, Tamra was very unprofessional but I highly doubt Tamra has any fitness certifications. She can instruct at CUT but most gyms require training. She's nowhere near Jackie Warner's level. At least not that I'm aware of.

I instruct group fitness classes and the least I've been able to get away with is A.C.E., AFFA and CPR certifications. Depends where you want to instruct.

I don't agree, but this is off topic, so just real quick, this was the situation.  It wasn't clear if Jackie was laughing at the woman working out in her gym.  In her office, she was laughing along with her manager, who was actually making fun of Brian Peeler, the cocky trainer Jackie wasn't getting along with.  Was the manager making fun of the woman Peeler was training (who had breast cancer) too?  Maybe, but it was also not necessarily clear.  My assessment was Jackie got caught up in a moment & she may not have been malicious.  But she looked bad.  Really, really bad -- and on camera.  Uh-oh.

Well, it was different with Tams.  She slaughtered the way Shannon was working out & yet nobody seems to care.  Hmmm.

I care, Scoobs, I care.  :-)

• Love 2

Yeah, Tamra was very unprofessional but I highly doubt Tamra has any fitness certifications. She can instruct at CUT but most gyms require training. She's nowhere near Jackie Warner's level. At least not that I'm aware of.

I instruct group fitness classes and the least I've been able to get away with is A.C.E., AFFA and CPR certifications. Depends where you want to instruct.

You know, Tams' non-existent professionalism in this instance (with Shannon) makes me wonder what certifications (if any) she & Eds have.  Jackie NEVER impressed me much as a trainer, even tho I thought she was in fantastic shape herself.  But she did have what seemed like terrific trainers working for her.  Tams is not exactly doing a great job of selling her gym on the show.  It always looks so empty & we never see anyone training except for Tams & Eds & I'm not at all impressed with either of them.

• Love 3

That's really how I fall on the issue. The TPing itself, while I wouldn't encourage it, is pretty silly and fairly harmless. But I would flip my lid if my children had sneaked out of someone's house and were running around unsupervised. Not cool. I'd be fine with the letter, as far as addressing the people they TP'd. But I'd also ground them from seeing their friends for a few weeks, as punishment for leaving the house.

I don't actually think any of it is a big deal. It sounds like the snuck out to walk down the street and TP the house of a boy somebody has a crush on. Kid stuff all around. However, I don't think something has to be a "big deal" before a parent can dish out punishment. I was punished for stuff that was pretty small potatoes because I wasn't supposed to be doing it. A letter of apology sounds ok to me.

The "smart board" and dumb Vicki. That shit was hilarious. I'm pretty sure I had that figured out in 2 seconds. Just add two extra zeros to whatever number you're writing, and those will automatically fall after the decimal point. So if you want to write 100, you actually write 10000 and it will come out 100.00. DUH!

I thought that the smart board was actually rather dumb. There is no reason that it could not have added two zeros itself to the number. So when Vicki wrote 1,000,000 it would show 1,000,000.00. The fact that it kept changing the second comma to a decimal was ridiculous since no number would have three zeros after the decimal point.

Interesting that Michael is still working for Vicki. I think in the previous epi when Vicki was giving Meghan a hard time about how easy she and her hubby were being on her step daughter, Meghan should have said that Jimmy plans to buy a business and give his daugther a job for life, so not to worry.

Speaking of Meghan, I do believe the psychic was the real deal. After all, he told Meghan that she would have a baby. But didn't say it would be with Jimmy. I think that prediction will likely come true.

I hate coming across as a Vicki apologist, but I cut her slack on what she said about Haley. Mehgan brought up the issues she was having with Haley as though she were asking for the other women's input. When the other women gave their input, and Vicki wasn't the only one, Mehgan got offended. Don't solicit compliments about how awesome you are under the guise of discussing how difficult motherhood is. That never works out and is bound to get you at least some negative feedback, especially when 1. they aren't your children, and 2. You have only been a stepmother for a few months. 

• Love 3

Oh believe me, I am the last person who would defend Meghan - I can't remember the last time I have disliked an OC housewife this much. However just as Vicki claims that Meghan cannot know how it feels to be a mother because she is only a step mother, Vicki can have no idea how it feels to be a step mother as she has never been one. And to top it off Vicki thinks apparently Meghan, the step mother of a few months should be laying down the law to Haley. If she is 'only' the step mother (and of a few months) Meghan should not be expected to lay down the law while she is left with this kid while the bio mother is fighting cancer and the father is MIA. See how that works, Vickster?

I actually did agree with Jimmy though (amazing even to me) that Haley does seem unmotivated and will only get motivated when she finds something she wants to do and then finds out (possibly) that she can't because she does either does not have the right subjects or marks. I know kids from high achieving parents who have no ambition whatsoever and it can take them years to figure out what they want to be long after they have supposedly grown up.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
I know kids from high achieving parents who have no ambition whatsoever and it can take them years to figure out what they want to be long after they have supposedly grown up.

Often that happens when the kids have to rely on themselves financially.

Interesting that Michael is still working for Vicki. I think in the previous epi when Vicki was giving Meghan a hard time about how easy she and her hubby were being on her step daughter, Meghan should have said that Jimmy plans to buy a business and give his daugther a job for life, so not to worry.

Hall of Fame, UsernameFatigue, Hall.  Of.  Fame ! !

• Love 1