Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: The Perfect Match

• Start Topic

In the Mentor Challenge, the Finalists' favorite ingredients are swapped with that of another Finalist for a dish they prepare for Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay. Then, they arrive at Patina Restaurant in downtown Los Angeles where they are paired up to collaborate on a dish that blends their culinary styles, presenting that dish to first-time daters from Match. Anne Burrell and Joachim Splichal, Master Chef of Patina Group, join Giada and Bobby at the judging table.

They've run out of ideas. Now the only two things to watch for are Giada's fashions from the junior department, and whether the winner will actually get a show.

• Love 13

Anne talked all over Michelle when she was trying to talk about what happened. I wanted to slap Anne for that.

Rue and Arnold came off very nervous, which I don't understand. They've both done so much better previously. Did someone slip something in their water?

I get the sense that Rue had a difficult childhood and her food is connected to that.

Dom...why does he keep getting saved?????? Why??? I would never watch him.

• Love 11

Seriously??  Rue wins the first challenge of the night, but gets sent home?  That makes no sense at all.  Michelle should have been the one to go for walking out like she did.

• Love 10
(edited)

Did I see Giada's nipples? (Uh, not that I was looking.)

I though the belly shirt she wore was bad, but then she topped it off with that sheer pattern at judging.

Don't know how to explain that result. Dom's cooking hasn't seemed good enough to overcome his obvious deficiencies in presentation.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

Dom is not only safe, but not even in the bottom  two? He overcooked his risotto and once again fumbled the presentation. WHUT?

There's no way Michelle should have been sent home tonight - like Bobby said, she had the best food component of the bottom 4. When they all have bad presentations, of course good food is enough to save them!

Michelle should have been the one to go for walking out like she did.

She walked out of the waiting room in order to not cause a bigger scene than was already happening. A good decision, IMO. She didn't walk out of the kitchen or dining room.

• Love 5

I honestly don't care what Giada wears or about her teeth.  Once the food starts coming out, she's background.  

I'm glad Rue is out, now Dom needs to follow.  He simply does not have the personality or ability to present the way the winner needs to.  And as was commented, I still have no idea what food Rue cooks.  South African is still meaningless to me, because in 5 episodes, she gave me almost no information on it.  

I'm glad Arnold was saved, I definitely think he can bring it back around. 

And Emilia and Cajun guy are big nothings.  Pork, Polenta and Brussels Sprouts?  YAWN!  3 of the most boring things to cook and they didn't even make them memorable.   

• Love 3
(edited)

Rue going home was bullshit. Like Giada said, she's the only one bringing a POV that hasn't been done to death before on FNS. It really should have been Dom or Arnold. Arnold keeps blowing it, imo. I'm so over Dom now who is a giant douche. Michelle "quitting" because she has a family was so weird it made me laugh.

Rue was robbed. She never should have teamed up with  Arnold.

I thought Giada's first outfit was cute. It had that midriff everyone would see it every damn day.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 4

Like Giada said, she's the only one bringing a POV that hasn't been done to death before on FNS.

But what is it?  After 5 episodes of her talking about it, what IS it?  I can't name a single ingredient that she's said is a main component.  And maybe it's never been the focus of a show because it won't translate to a viewing audience.   Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative or mean, but after reading this page, I know I would never watch her show or cook any of these dishes.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_cuisine

• Love 6
(edited)

It's like Giada is pulling out every fashion "don't" from one of Stacy and Clinton's books.  Number 12 is no midriff baring tops after high school.  I think it's sad that a woman who is so attractive should feel she needs to vamp it up to get attention.

I seriously didn't understand why Dom didn't go home tonight.  That comment about the man never getting a word in edgewise was not only a jab at Michelle but not something women would appreciate hearing in general.  While I think Michelle went over the top in walking out, I can understand why Dom angered her.  Then again, she did kind of hog all the great things to say about the food and didn't stick to what they had agreed upon to say during their presentations.

Jay is starting to inch up on my creep meter.  Just ewww.

I'm starting to like Emilia more every week in spite of the red lipstick.

I'm not an Arnold fan.  There's just something about him and his delivery that puts me off.  He gives off a little too much of a bitchy vibe.

I can understand why Rue might go home, just not when Dom probably deserved to go more.  I can understand that Rue might have difficulty translating her cuisine into an abbreviated format.  That's regrettable.  Once again someone with a lot of promise goes home just because they can't shine on this shitty format of a show and Dom dodges a bullet yet AGAIN.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4

So i'm guessing that even if Dom doesn't "bring it" as per Bobby's instructions for next week he will still be saved.  I can't figure out how he is still in this competition at this point.  Michelle was so right, it's not her fault that Dom flakes out in front of an audience and can't get any cohesive sentences out.  If there is a Rachel Ray demo this season and he makes it I can't wait to see him freeze up again.

Why is Arnold still there?  Yes he can plate his food and make it look spectacular, but he can't seem to cook anything through anymore.  Shrimp last week, scallops this week, and whatever the hell was in his dish w/ Rue.

I do think they kept Michelle b/c now the producers think they have their drama queen girl for the show.

I was also pissed that Anne wouldn't let Michelle speak, but I guess in the end Michelle did what she said, her shrimp was the most memorable thing of the meal.

Geez Giada.....that's top.  

I did find it humorous that you have two FN stars embroiled in divorce scandals at a match.com setting.  I bet Giada was going to each table to flirt w/the guys during downtime.

• Love 3

Can we start calling him Teflon Dom? What does he have to do to get eliminated? Overdone risotto and hostile presentations don't do it. So what does?

I seriously think Giada has a thing for him.  I noticed the way she looked and reacted to him in this episode and it's blatantly obvious.  I think she would have to turn around on him for her to want him to go home at this point.  And Bobby is all about the food and so far Dom's done mostly good food.  Tonight was a rare exception.   So he would have to mess up both the food and the presentation again to be sent home.  I keep thinking his time has come and then it hasn't!

• Love 4

Dom is "sweet" and "vulnerable"?   Listen, Giada and Anne, if a guy behaved on a first date for Match.com like Dom did in his presentation what with the whole "wife won't let me get a word in edgewise"* and then serving you awful food, you start looking into how to get a restraining order and consider changing your phone number, you don't invite him back for a second date.

*seriously, though.  If a host said something like this on a FN show, female viewership (and a lot of sane males) would plummet.  But yet Dom (the prospective host who basically ran away from the camera last week) gets yet another chance?  That's some bull to the sh*t stuff right there.  Who does this guy know at FN?

• Love 13

Can we start calling him Teflon Dom? What does he have to do to get eliminated? Overdone risotto and hostile presentations don't do it. So what does?

And Alex was the deer in the headlights when Bobby asked him what were the five spices. The boy is clueless. If he and Dom don't go next, I may scare my pets when I yell at my TV.

Dom is "sweet" and "vulnerable"?   Listen, Giada and Anne, if a guy behaved on a first date for Match.com like Dom did in his presentation what with the whole "wife won't let me get a word in edgewise"* and then serving you awful food, you start looking into how to get a restraining order and consider changing your phone number, you don't invite him back for a second date.

*seriously, though.  If a host said something like this on a FN show, female viewership (and a lot of sane males) would plummet.  But yet Dom (the prospective host who basically ran away from the camera last week) gets yet another chance?  That's some bull to the sh*t stuff right there.  Who does this guy know at FN?

Yes...yes...yes.... to all of this!

Where is this "sweet" and "vulnerable" crap coming from that Giada sees in Dom?  Hey sweetheart, it's all an act b/c you are both "eye-talian."  He is playing to the judge and you are eating it up hooker, line, and sinker.  I think his "sweet" and "vulnerable" she mentions is the way he describes "eye-talian" ingredients. 

• Love 9

Giada turns to mush where Dom is concerned. I don't see anything "sweet" and "vulnerable" about him. I saw an arrogant petulant tool. I'm glad that the Bobby said that Michelle's shrimp was the best food of the bottom four.

Scripps had an African food show on The Cooking Channel called "From Siba's Table." It was set in Capetown. I watched several episodes and was underwhelmed. The hostess was likable and some of the food looked good, but it came across as being unable to translate in to English/home cooks, etc. That's why I'm surprised that they seemed to have a spark of interest in Rue.

Maybe Michelle is going to pull a Melissa d'Arabian and refill the home-cook win???

Right now, I'm not rooting for anybody.

WTH was Giada wearing in the first sequence? She seems to be on a rotation of which area of her body she wants to show off during the show. Legs, midriff, boobs. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

• Love 6

On some weird level I do like Dom. he's an ass for sure, but an oddly likeable one as long as I'm only watching him on TV. This week, the food was very bad, but it seems like otherwise, his food has always been one of the strongest. A final warning shot seems about right.

Arnold is actually the one I'd have sent home. His food has been bad for weeks, his presentation skills were totally lacking. I get why they cut Rue. I know nothing about South African cuisine after weeks, but her food has been good to great most of the time. That's a plus for me.

As for Michelle, well, she brought the drama. If she was really concerned about Dom and the Dom show, she should have called him out while they were cooking. She did talk about his food during the presentation, which was not what they discussed and she did freak right out at the end. Of the bottom four, she had the best food so I'm glad she stayed but I do think the stress of the competition will get her to crack soon enough.

I'm most excited for the "true story" about Emilia's brother we're going to be hearing next week. 

• Love 1

Of the bottom 4, Rue was the only one who seemed remotely interesting and had a cool POV.  I thought Dom was leaving for sure, as his presentation skills are poor, he messed up his meal, and he's starting to come across as a real jerk.

At some point, I think Alex will switch from Sandwich Boy to Asian-Flavor Boy.  He seems to love Asian-inspired dishes, and that POV seems to have more options for TV episodes than making sandwiches every week (especially since Jeff Mauro has already exhausted the concept).

2 twists in the first challenge was a bridge too far for me.  The whole "Surprise!" thing is wearing thin.  Test their cooking skills and their presentation skills.  Leave the "Expect the Unexpected" thing to Big Brother.

• Love 4

LBH totally has the hots for Dom.  He is on my dislike list now. I am surprised he didn't get called out for his "Like a true marriage...." comment. WTH? I thought at least  Ann would have said something.  But, she was too busy not letting Michelle talk.  

Disappointed Rue went home.  

• Love 7

Some of the other contestants' food must taste so much worse than they show on TV because, otherwise, there is absolutely no excuse for their keeping Dom - even if the idiot judges (particularly Anne) didn't let Michelle explain just what went wrong. Michelle was right to ask him what flavors he was going to put into his risotto - they have to match flavor profiles for God's sake.  don't go all "risotto is a blank canvas" on your partner. Also, she did nothing wrong in her presentation, she started the explanation of the two dishes, she certainly did not "use up all the good words" like Dom bullied her/whined at her about.  He's dead to me now just like Alex died last week when he went over time without apologizing.

By the way, Alex didn't just have no knowledge of the spices that make up 5-spice, he didn't know the components of his absolute favorite ingredient.  How the hell can you think you can get a job presenting food to the camera when you don't know crap all about your favorite ingredient?

It's too bad that the show didn't tell us some of the secret constraints they were cooking under.  As much as we make fun of them, these people are decent cooks and a bunch of them put out lousy food this episode. I think they were given one hour to cook and told that there could be anywhere from 10 minutes to two hours between that time and when they served but they'd have 15 minutes to plate.  I think that's why they scrambled so hard to get plates out and had unevenly cooked dishes.  You can't cook and plate 40 dishes in 15 minutes but you also can't have meat that sits for 90 minutes after you've cooked it.

• Love 3

Where is this "sweet" and "vulnerable" crap coming from that Giada sees in Dom?  Hey sweetheart, it's all an act b/c you are both "eye-talian."  He is playing to the judge and you are eating it up hooker, line, and sinker.  I think his "sweet" and "vulnerable" she mentions is the way he describes "eye-talian" ingredients. 

I saw that.  Snicker.

Abs, BREASTS, vagina table.  Love Food Network Star!  It's the snarkiest show on FN right now.  Who cares who wins?  The best person is a big pile of Meh.

Joachim is probably regretting he turned his restaurant over to a bunch of hacks.  He was NOT happy with the food.

Meat & Polenta with no sauce....LOL.  Tenderloin no less.  Just yuck.  And Joachim gave a visible snark smile saying the polenta was fluffy.  He was probably prompted to say something nice.

Jerk Chicken Bahn mi - bromance bahn mi and Bobby should have finished it...he got crap food that followed.

Beef, shrimp and vegetables - Land and Sea African Asian surf and turf - It was the Land of Smiles and Joyful Oneness of Africa.  WTH does that taste like?  Tough underseasned beef with crudite!?!!  Yummy.

Lemon Risotto and Mediterranean Shrimp - A big pile of anger, resentment, awkwardness and pissiness.

• Love 2

Uh, Bobby, how could yogurt and mango be counterbalances to the heat in Michelle's habanero dish, if there was no heat?

I really like the starry shirt that Arnold is wearing in his THs.

Wow, I guess it was just coincidental that they ran match.com ads while making a dinner for a match.com event. And there sure was a lot of product placement for Spice Islands.

Michelle storms out because she gets called out for her bad behavior.  smh

I guess Rue just never presented her point of view.  That's too bad, because I liked her the best.

• Love 1
(edited)

Don't know how to explain that result. Dom's cooking hasn't seemed good enough to overcome his obvious deficiencies in presentation.

Dom is not only safe, but not even in the bottom two? He overcooked his risotto and once again fumbled the presentation. WHUT?

So i'm guessing that even if Dom doesn't "bring it" as per Bobby's instructions for next week he will still be saved. I can't figure out how he is still in this competition at this point.

Dom must have some ridiculous sexual chemistry in person that just doesn't translate through the screen. I knew LBH had it bad but then even Anne Burrell starts with the "there's something vulnerable and sweet about him" crap. I just don't get it. Did they see the same presentation we did? What's vulnerable or sweet about that wooden, tongue-tied douche? AND he overlooked his risotto. Rue could step in as a judge right now on Triple G and not miss a beat. She did a fantastic job in that first challenge.

Speaking of which, I take back my earlier complaint. I don't normally enjoy the "swap ingredients" twist, but I thought this was a brilliant challenge. Not only do you test their ability to judge and discuss food on the fly, but you do it with an ingredient they know well -- and know how it should (have) been handled. Great job, random producer or intern.

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 2

I'll miss Rue. She was gorgeous and had an interesting POV; it's just unfortunate that she never really managed to make anything of that. I'd much rather watch her than Michelle or Dom.

To be honest, though, I'm not so sure I'd watch any of the remaining contestants' shows. Maybe Arnold's, if Suzy Wong makes an appearance or two and IF he can teach me about presentation. His talents don't actually seem to belong on a cooking show, but I like him and would watch him throw a pretty party every week...showers, barbecues, birthday parties, cocktail parties, etc. Why not?

I don't mind Alex, but agree that he should change his POV to Asian-inspired. Emilia, I also like, but since I dislike spicy food I'd probably never want to cook anything she showed. Eddie would be a decent winner, if a bit boring. And Jay? Just NO.

even Anne Burrell starts with the "there's something vulnerable and sweet about him" crap. I just don't get it.

Me either. Anne came out on the network in 2012, so at least we know she doesn't have a Giada-crush on the guy. I really, really do NOT understand why Dom is still around. His food must be fantastic.

(edited)

Me either. Anne came out on the network in 2012, so at least we know she doesn't have a Giada-crush on the guy. I really, really do NOT understand why Dom is still around. His food must be fantastic.

I know, I was wondering what she was referring to when she called Dom "vulnerable and sweet".  I thought it must have been something that he said that ended up on the cutting room floor because I can't imagine she was reacting to anything I saw him say.  What did he do, get up and kiss her ass?

Edited by Snarklepuss

Dom is not only safe, but not even in the bottom  two? He overcooked his risotto and once again fumbled the presentation. WHUT?

I don't get it either, by now it should be obvious to everyone that Dom can't present, & now his food is sucking, he should be gone.

But what is it?  After 5 episodes of her talking about it, what IS it?  I can't name a single ingredient that she's said is a main component.  And maybe it's never been the focus of a show because it won't translate to a viewing audience.   Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative or mean, but after reading this page, I know I would never watch her show or cook any of these dishes.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_cuisine

Exactly. I still have absolutely no idea what South African food is like. I was really looking forward to finding out too, but the most Rue has been able to communicate is that it's "flavorful". It was time for her to go.

• Love 2

I don't know if the rules would allow it but as soon as Alex said he didn't know what was in his favorite ingredient he would have been gone right there. That was just sad.

I came here before I saw the episode and thought there's no way Giada's outfit could be that bad but yup..it was. When I saw her I looked like one of those cartoons where their eyes bug out. I just needed the funny car horn sound. I kept staring and I thought her thumbs must have been sewn into the fabric.

I was really sad to see Rue go. I do understand the reasoning but felt she deserved another chance compared to the others. Her deconstructed pot roast had me salivating. I swear I thought I could smell it.

Once again Emelia gave me the creeps. With that bun and huge smile she made me think of a psychopathic killer in the movies.

Any good will I had for Arnold disappeared when he said Michelle was a home cook and then turned up his nose. Little prick.

• Love 3
(edited)

Of the bottom 4, Rue was the only one who seemed remotely interesting and had a cool POV.  I thought Dom was leaving for sure, as his presentation skills are poor, he messed up his meal, and he's starting to come across as a real jerk.

I expected Dom to go, but when he was safe, I was sure it was goodbye Michelle. I can not believe they kept her over Rue. Really?? Rue was a better cook, had better presentation skills, and was the only one with a POV that isn't already done to death on FN. While Michelle is really just a slightly better than average home cook. She said that she'd never used habaneros because her kids don't like spice. So FN would consider giving a show to someone who only cooks food that would appeal to children? Melissa d'Arabian played the mommy card, but she actually did have culinary training in France. On top of that, Michelle is whiny, self-entitled, and refers to herself constantly in the third person. Just no.

The judges kept dinging Rue for not explaining African food. At the same time they told Alex that he should've called his chicken katsu a fried chicken sandwich so as not to confuse the dummies in TV land. Despite the rhetoric about wanting to educate and inform viewers, FN really is all about good old boys (and gals) grilling great big hunks of meat.

The way Jay threw his arm around Emilia's shoulders when they got put through had a vibe of work place sexual harassment. (And Giada and Bobby were much kinder to their food during the judging then they had been in the tasting, when they said it was bland, had no sauce, and was inconsistently cooked).

Alex lost a lot of credibility as an Asian food expert when he couldn't name the five spices in Five Spice Powder, his supposed favorite ingredient. If he been able to name four out of five but stumbled on the fifth that would've been one thing. But he seemed totally clueless. That was strange.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4

I came here before I saw the episode and thought there's no way Giada's outfit could be that bad but yup..it was. When I saw her I looked like one of those cartoons where their eyes bug out. I just needed the funny car horn sound. I kept staring and I thought her thumbs must have been sewn into the fabric.

I think Jah-dah paired the skirt with the shirt intentionally so she could plant her thumbs into the pockets rather than having them in front of her, covering her exposed skin.

• Love 2

It's so obvious that Giada has a thing for Dom and it's probably her crush on him that makes him stay.

Everytime Giada has a crush on a contestant, it is blatantly obvious, and I get second hand embarrassment. She always acts weird around the guys that she thinks are cute. I think the worst one was Luca.

Also, Suzy had an obvious crush on Jeff Mauro in his season and she always stared at him with these googly eyes.

• Love 1

I'm surprised that this week the judges didn't go ballistic over Alex's use of such foreign words as "banh mi" [/sarcasm]

Speaking of which, if you're the expert on sandwiches, Alex, at least pronounce the name of the dish you're preparing right. It's BUN me, not BON me.

I literally had my hands on my face during Dom and Michelle's presentation. It was not the fun kind of cringeworthy (will still never forget Eric Warren from Season 1 staring blankly into the camera while spreading frosting on a cake with a potato peeler during one of the on-camera challenges...now THAT was good TV).

• Love 2
(edited)

ITA with those who think Dom needed to go tonight. When you follow up walking out on your partners in a team challenge with insulting your partner in a team challenge, you do not deserve any slack. I have to admit, though, that I was amused by the little passive-aggressively Alphonse-and-Gaston act he and Michelle were pulling off. It was so obvious that neither of them wanted to take ownership of their dish, with Dom saying he was going to let Michelle put herself forward and he was just going to make risotto while she was complaining that he wasn't giving her any direction. At least Michelle executed, so even though I don't much care for her I was glad she stayed.

Also, I wonder if Rue tossing Dom aside in favor of having Arnold as her partner had anything to do with the decision to cut her, and not just because Dom is Giada's golden boy. Pairing her with Dom and then giving her the option to switch gave them the chance to see if she would challenge herself or choose a safer option. She went to her comfort zone with Arnold, and that cost her on multiple levels. Then again, I'm probably giving this show too much credit :) .

Edited by dewelar
  • Love 4
(edited)

Dom is just another edgy Italian with a big ego and need to display his 'tough guy in the hood' persona in the kitchen.  He is camera shy, not vulnerable.  

When will contestants, on any cooking comp, learn?  Do NOT make risotto.  

At the bottom of the wiki link above there is a list of south African dishes.  Rue should read them!  Her excuse about needing more time to get the flavors is an excuse.  I was sorry to see her go but I understood why.   She was excellent with the camera and I was looking forward to seeing different food. 

It is surprising to see how much Emilia has progressed with presentation and warmth.  She is very engaging.  But that is where she leaves me. No more Italian food, please.   Mediterranean is now the new word for it.  sigh  Morocco is on the Mediterranean, too. 

It is disappointing to see that this cast made it through thousands of applicants.  

Here ya go Alex. 

Recipe for Chinese Five Spice

Blend the following ground spices:
1 1/2 tbsp star anise
2 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 1/2 tsp cassia or cinnamon
1/2 tsp Szechwan pepper
1/2 tsp cloves
optional: 1/2 teaspoon white pepper and/or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
Both will give added bite and depth of flavor

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)

As much as Giada loves Dom, I think he's the new Vic "Mama's Boy" from that season.  She'll keep him around for her boy toy as long as possible, but he'll likely never make it through.  Even so, is there that much Italian on FN anymore?  I admit I might not be paying attention but isn't Giada now on the Cooking Channel?  And Rachael Ray is pretty scarce now too.  They may actually think there's room for another Italian cooking show.

As much as they act regretful about Rue, I kind of doubt they would ever be serious about her POV being win-worthy.  I've had enough African food to know that once the fascination wears off it's never going to be mainstream enough to keep an audience interested (and I'm never going to love it either).  I have always thought they want the winner of this show to be more mainstream.  Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian are about as far afield as they'd be willing to go, IMO.  When they say "Mediterranean" they usually mean some kind of mish mash between Spanish, Greek and Italian with some Turkish and Lebanese thrown in.

And a big YES to those upthread who brought out Arnold having messed up the food a few times now plus his snarky comment about Michelle being a "home cook".  He's another one I think should just go home now.

Michelle storming out didn't look good on her so she moves down my mental list of possible winners of the show.  She would never get that edit if she were "the one".

BTW, it's not lost on me that somehow Emilia is coming through the last few weeks with flying colors in the judges' eyes.  As much as people don't seem to love her I see her lasting a while unless she somehow totally unravels.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

Dom's joke (and I do feel it was meant to be a joke) about not being able to get a word in was funny to me because it was babbling Michelle.  I feel he was trying to lighten the mood.

Arnold is a snotty little guy, isn't he?  He felt he was too good to be paired with a "home cook." Granted it was annoying Michelle, but still, who is to think he is too good for someone else?

• Love 7
(edited)

"Giada At Home" is rerun to death on FN, you can find it several times a day.

Giada's Italian and Dom's Italian are very different, though.  His being Southern red-sauce based and hers being Northern.  Plus, doesn't he own a food truck?  That might be an interesting angle.  He won't win, though.

Edited by Snarklepuss

I liked Dom until this week. Didn't think he had a shot at winning, but he seemed like a nice guy who could cook. What a brat! He was horrible to Michelle.

I realized tonight that I really wouldn't watch any of these people on their own show. Emilia is the only one who has grown on me a little. The rest of them have tanked. I liked Rue, but didn't understand her food. The sandwich guy -- is he the sandwich guy or the Asian cuisine guy or the Asian sandwich guy? I don't get him. Jay still gives me creepy Lenny vibes. It will take a long time to get over the pervert cowboy. Arnold is whiny and he hasn't brought it food-wise. I really can't stand chefs who act all superior to home cooks because I've seen a lot of rookie mistakes from chefs on these competition shows. Things that I know that a home cook could handle! Eddie is OK, but his food hasn't been great. I don't even remember who else is on the show. They are that memorable!

• Love 2

Giada's Italian and Dom's Italian are very different, though. His being Southern red-sauce based and hers being Northern. Plus, doesn't he own a food truck? That might be an interesting angle. He won't win, though.

As does Eddie. Owning a food truck doesn't translate into getting a show on FN. Chris Hodges was on this show and the Food Truck show with Tyler... didn't get far in either.