Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

CS is clearly having a blast and is super fun to watch. But the plotting of these stories and the pacing makes Victor look ineffectual. He should have his hand in everything and be active, which is what they implied he would do when he first came back to town and gathered the family together, as opposed to wandering in and out.

• Love 2

I don’t think CS gives off the villain energy and he’s been on for 8 months and we still have no idea what he’s up to so I’m bored with him. He makes vague comments about uniting the family against some big threat and laments about the relatives who won’t team up with him so I can’t tell if he’s even supposed to be the villain in this. Hope he is because I don’t think having Nik and Spencer as back-up is going to help him. Those 2 are more a liability than anything else. 

• Love 3

There is no urgency with his weather machine thing either. He started fucking with the weather like 2-3 months ago. Nobody mentions "Demeter" to Laura? Laura knows Greek!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

Nobody mentions "Demeter" to Laura? Laura knows Greek!

I think Sam and Drew finally said something to Laura a few weeks ago (or so it feels like) when she went to Sam's apartment for a meeting/update/plot point. But nothing has happened since. Sam is giving Harmony the stink eye, and Drew is trying halfheartedly not to be in Carly's thrall.

Charles Shaughnessy played a convincing gray/black character on Days as Shane Donovan's black-sheep twin, Drew, in the '80s. I think the shitty writing/pacing is letting him down, as it does for so many actors on this show...

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/5/2022 at 1:05 AM, Asp Burger said:

Victor is a boring villain to me. I'm just not feeling Charles Shaughnessy in this role.

Technically he's fine but in every other way he is boring and feels nothing like a Cassadine. It is partly because who cares about Victor? If he were playing a recast Stefan all his interactions would be a lot more interesting.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

I enjoy Victor the sort of venal playboy who also happens to be doing evil Doctor Doom shit. That's pretty much on brand for who he is. Stefan would be unrecognizable in this characterization. I do think the story is boring atm because GH is often reflexively, instinctively boring on many levels and tries to neuter any potentially exciting storyline they have in the crib. Victor came back with big fanfare and he's actually doing next to nothing. (Don't get me started again on Who Gives a Fuck about Nina's Daughters)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I don't understand the convoluted reason they gave Trina for the reason that her last name wasn't "Taggert" when they decided to make her his daughter.  Why did Portia even need to be Taggert's ex wife in the first place? Considering all the weird parent set ups GH has (alway had) it isn't weird that Taggert and Portia dated for a while, broke up, and she found out she was pregnant and decided to have the baby as a single mother. Taggert then wanted to be apart of Trina's life, but to not fight over Trina having Portia's last name in order to keep the peace and knowing that she would be spending a majority of her time under Portia's roof. Like Taggert and Portia decide to not be assholes about the co parenting even if their relationship soured before they knew about Trina. 

I know he is supposed to be a nepotism hire and I should hate him, but I was really quite impressed with the performance that Joshua James Bernard gave when he was on earlier this month. Kid's got talent, the show could do worse than to hire him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I like Spencer/Esme as a couple better than I do Spencer/Trina.  I would really like the writers to start giving Esme some nuance and pair her with Spencer.  I don't mind Trina, but she is dull as dishwater.  Spencer and Esme at least have a spark.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I...like Dex. Hold me. 

I'm not sure yet about the actor, but he's probably in line talent-wise with other GH younger males of recent years who aren't Nicholas Alexander Chavez. The role itself calls for a bit of a poker face, but I thought he did surprisingly well with the terror during L'affaire du Crochet à Viande '22.

I also find him more interesting opposite Kristina and Josslyn than some of their official partners have been. Not that anyone can make me enjoy watching Josslyn. I'm sure if she so much as kisses Dex, the writers will protect her somehow. Either Cameron will cheat first, or she'll think he did, or they'll be broken up.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I also find him more interesting opposite Kristina and Josslyn than some of their official partners have been. Not that anyone can make me enjoy watching Josslyn. I'm sure if she so much as kisses Dex, the writers will protect her somehow. Either Cameron will cheat first, or she'll think he did, or they'll be broken up.

She'll probably see him serving a BLT to Nina at Kelly's and having the nerve to not have spit in it.  I mean, a girl can only take so much disrespect...

• LOL 3

I’ll take it step further because I have an even bigger UO that I don’t care much about the 70s or 80s vets that weren’t around by the late 90s. I love characters like Laura and Monica but they were still around by the time I first started watching. I just feel like the show relies heavy on nostalgia with them in lieu of a strong storyline and if you weren’t around for their heydays, it doesn’t resonate the same way

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I started watching GH at about 12 in the mid 90's, all the "omg, the glory days" stuff resonates with me not at all.  I don't really care about Robert, or Holly or any of the constantly revisits of the "ice princess" and such.  I love Lucy and Scott and Kevin and Laura.  I grew to like Anna on AMC, not GH.  

And I STILL hate Robin.

• Like 2

I don’t known if this is unpopular because he was only on for a short run-but while he was on, he was a GOOD GUY. This massacre of Jeff’s character just doesn’t sit well with me. First, he’s suddenly an absentee dad who dumped his two daughters on Audrey’s door step; then, while I was in the Barge, he apparently cheated on his wife and had another daughter who he’s been a dead beat to.

And NOW- I’m not even going to type out what others have speculated. 

I blame FRANK for most of this because it’s his FUCKEDUP idea for draaaaamaz against Elizabeth. As if she’s led a near perfect life. 😒AMIRITE OR WHAT?

• Love 1

I was watching today and realized that I actually kinda liked the Sante scenes. (Previously I  was mostly bored with them and a smidgen squicked out by their close family ties.)

The actors had a relaxed, warm on-screen presence and while I'm not sure when or how it happened, I approve.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I wish they would retire the Quartermaine thanksgiving. Them having their dinner ruined and having pizza became played out after the second time they did it. Also, Michael, Drew, and BL don’t even come close to bringing the entertainment value that Edward, Alan, AJ, etc did. Ned was always more of a straight man and no longer has the more interesting Qs to bounce off of. The only interest I had in it was if Monica and Tracy were there but seems they’ll be MIA. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2022 at 10:55 AM, ffwbe said:

I wish they would retire the Quartermaine thanksgiving. Them having their dinner ruined and having pizza became played out after the second time they did it.

Just have the Q's decide pizza is their traditional Thanksgiving meal and cut out the "funny" shenanigans. They can get their patented Q bickering on by arguing over toppings.

• Applause 4
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

With her return today (I believe), let me just say I don't like Holly.  She's irked me since the day Luke first saw her skinny dipping in that mountain lake.

Having gone back to view her 80s stuff … yeah she’s always had annoying traits, but she could also be quite likeable and sympathetic back in the day — and back then Robert or someone else would actually call her out for something on occasion and she might admit she was being unreasonable.

She’s been ruined since her 90s return, which made no sense and she was never the same character again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
On 12/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, Melgaypet said:

Just have the Q's decide pizza is their traditional Thanksgiving meal and cut out the "funny" shenanigans. They can get their patented Q bickering on by arguing over toppings.

I feel like they did that at least once.  Just decided to go for pizza without trying for turkey.  It was when Lucky was dating that Irish girl. Siobahn(?). 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, Melgaypet said:

I am legitimately surprised that Mrs. Mambo Italiano hasn't introduced some amazing pizza recipe on the show that is the best ever pizza ever eaten by any of these characters.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:17 PM, ouinason said:

I started watching GH at about 12 in the mid 90's, all the "omg, the glory days" stuff resonates with me not at all.  I don't really care about Robert, or Holly or any of the constantly revisits of the "ice princess" and such.  I love Lucy and Scott and Kevin and Laura.  I grew to like Anna on AMC, not GH.  

I loved the Wyndham dance as much as anyone, but thank god they FINALLY retired Luke. I'm glad Tony Geary has pretty much stuck to this final retirement being final.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I am legitimately surprised that Mrs. Mambo Italiano hasn't introduced some amazing pizza recipe on the show that is the best ever pizza ever eaten by any of these characters.

Has Olivia gotten her much-longed-for pizza oven yet? That was her main story for way too long.

• LOL 2
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Has Olivia gotten her much-longed-for pizza oven yet? That was her main story for way too long.

I  think so or at least I thought that Olivia mentioned it during her pitch to Sasha in becoming the Q's new sexless Cook.

• LOL 1

I don't have any spoilers, but out of all of the people (cough, cough,women) that FV likes to inflict DID on, I think Kristina Corinthos-Davis is probably the most legitimate history to warrant this. Unlike OLTL's Jessica and GH's Kate Howard, FV doesn't have insert bullshit drama never shown or reported. She was kidnapped when she was 3 years old, her adoptive brother was shot in the head, found out she had another half brother when she learned her father shot him in the chest, was in an abusive relationship as a teenager, had the deal with guilt  with the death of her abusive boyfriend at the hands of her mother, was nearly blown up by her dad in a botched hit on Johnny Z and there is a history of mental instability with both sides of her family. The trauma of the accident and still born birth could arguably push her over the edge. Also notice, most of the trauma was either a direct or indirect result of Sonny. Alexis was right to try and cut him out her life when she was a baby.

• Useful 1

I'm glad KeMo is out and I hope it sticks. She's been pouting ever since she stopped getting her way with production. If I gave the bare minimum effort at my job, then I would be unemployed far faster than it has taken to pull the plug on Sam. I also think it makes more sense to kill her off than to have her leave town.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

With her return today (I believe), let me just say I don't like Holly.  She's irked me since the day Luke first saw her skinny dipping in that mountain lake.

Quoting myself since she's again set to return and having just read a "fan favorite Holly is coming back" piece on Variety to say, yeah, still dislike the character immensely.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 10/12/2023 at 10:38 AM, Katy M said:

I feel like they did that at least once.  Just decided to go for pizza without trying for turkey.  It was when Lucky was dating that Irish girl. Siobahn(?). 

I am seriously shocked they haven't had Olivia introduce some Falconeri family recipe for pizza that IS THE BEST EVER. LOL

• LOL 1

My unpopular opinion is... I think now would be a perfect time to bring back Nathan Parsons and his character of Ethan.  Ethan could reconnect with his half brother Lucky and story could be mined from their relationship.  We could have him forging a friendly relationship with Laura as well, with her becoming a kind of mother figure to him that he turns to for advice and guidance for things.  Maybe the relationship between Kristina and Ethan that never really took off because at the time she was too young could be rekindled.  (And that's all without mentioning the ever-alluring possibility of him turning out to be Robert Scorpio's son like he always should have been!).

Anyway, I hear Parsons is free at the moment.  Somebody in ther GH casting department should give him a call.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1