Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

On 6/26/2021 at 4:09 PM, dubbel zout said:

Like most of the actors on this fakakta show, I think ME is badly used. He has a wonderfully dry sense of humor that rarely gets tapped into.

This is true.

• Love 5

I don’t mind Finn as a character but I think a lot of his backlash is in the way they use him. Valentin used to get a ton of hate until they shifted his character away from mainly Nina and Charlotte and started using him more to support other characters. I think Finn’s reception would be better if they used him in a similar fashion as well as what others said about leaning into the sarcasm. 

• Love 4

I really enjoy Cam and I like the actor a lot - I think he's got talent and the potential to go onto bigger things if that's what he wants - so I'm somewhat disappointed the character didn't get written off the show by sending him off to Stanford. I just know what's coming for the character now that he's coupled up with one of Carly's spawn. He's going to get subsumed into the mob part of the show and he won't ever be allowed to express an opinion or thought contradictory to Joss. I understand why the character wasn't written off - he's vital to the teen scene and the Weber family - but I really wish the writers would give him a storyline that wasn't in any way connected to the Corinthos. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I really enjoy Cam and I like the actor a lot - I think he's got talent and the potential to go onto bigger things if that's what he wants - so I'm somewhat disappointed the character didn't get written off the show by sending him off to Stanford. I just know what's coming for the character now that he's coupled up with one of Carly's spawn. He's going to get subsumed into the mob part of the show and he won't ever be allowed to express an opinion or thought contradictory to Joss. I understand why the character wasn't written off - he's vital to the teen scene and the Weber family - but I really wish the writers would give him a storyline that wasn't in any way connected to the Corinthos. 

Slightly off topic for UO but I have a sinking suspicion that the Joss/Cam story is going to be short lived. She just doesn’t appear that interested in him and talks too much about Spencer. They also keep having Joss and Trina say that they won’t put a guy above their friendship which clearly means that they will and Trina isn’t into Cameron. 

I see them having Joss fall for Spencer and doing a sort of quad which will be disappointing since Trina and Spencer get decent buzz and there’s no way that they’ll allow Trina and Cameron to lash out at Josslyn. It’ll be like what we’re seeing with Chase and Millow.  

• Love 3

I do not condone Spencer's stalking at all, but for a 40-something year old man to be trying to get revenge against his clearly troubled 18 year old son is awful, and not soapy.  And I am getting a little sick of Laura just going "I expect you to do xy and z for me" (treat Cam better (right thing to do, treat Kevin the really bad psychiatrist better, maybe not).  I would have loved Spencer to have said "No" when Laura demanded he treat Kevin better and walk off.

• Love 4
On 8/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, ffwbe said:

I see them having Joss fall for Spencer and doing a sort of quad which will be disappointing since Trina and Spencer get decent buzz and there’s no way that they’ll allow Trina and Cameron to lash out at Josslyn. It’ll be like what we’re seeing with Chase and Millow.  

I kind of thought they were going there, but the introduction of Esme (Gee, real subtle Twilight reference there!) makes me think they have other plans and Sprina might actually be for real and not just a set up for Jencer. 

I do think the quad has needed a background 5th person to be a troublemaking bitch, so I guess that's supposed to be Esme? We'll see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just have to get this out. Sonny never ever loved Carly and I'm not 100% sure she ever loved him. Seriously, they only got together for the baby, they only got married the first time to keep Carly off the stand in a case against Sonny. He would get mad at her and call her names, yell at her, order her to her room, disrespect her in front of others, allow others to disrespect her. He only periodically acted like they were a true married couple. He lusted after her, definitely, he has never not wanted to take her to bed but I think thats really the catalyst for their relationship and nothing else. They are so dysfunctional its gross.

I think the writers were really winding Carly and Sonny down and getting ready to split them when Sarah left. Tamara came in and people warmed to her, MB wanted to remain on the top of the heap and fans were attached so the writers just kept throwing these two characters together over and over and over until now thats all they can see to do with these two. 

• Love 11
On 9/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, NeonTiger99 said:

I think the writers were really winding Carly and Sonny down and getting ready to split them when Sarah left. Tamara came in and people warmed to her, MB wanted to remain on the top of the heap and fans were attached so the writers just kept throwing these two characters together over and over and over until now thats all they can see to do with these two. 

From what I understand, Sarah Joy Brown left without much warning to the writers (she even basically admitted as much in Soap Opera Digest) so they had to scramble for a replacement temp. But people actually liked Tamara Braun, and thus, we were set up for another two decades of Carly.

• Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, methodwriter85 said:

From what I understand, Sarah Joy Brown left without much warning to the writers (she even basically admitted as much in Soap Opera Digest) so they had to scramble for a replacement temp. But people actually liked Tamara Braun, and thus, we were set up for another two decades of Carly.

Sarah's departure was pretty quick but the writers did have time to close her out. I remember at the time soap boards were a buzz with gossip about the BTS drama of it all. Tamara was not meant to be permanent. The favored rumor was the writers were going to get rid of the Carly character but Tamara took off with fans and MB championed her because she was a good scene partner. 

After a while Tamara wanted to move Carly in a new direction and break away from Sonny so she could interact with other characters but show runners just kept her coming back to Sonny. I don't know how true all this was but it makes sense looking back. Listening and reading old interviews I really got the impression both Tamara and Ted King were invested in making a go of that pairing and the writing seemed to follow this for a little while. They went out of their way to make Alcazar sympathetic and multi-dimensional while making Carly's connection to Alcazar seem stronger and stronger. They scuttled the couple however, of course I have no idea why but reading recent revelations about MB it seems he had a hand in it. He bullied Tamara and even made her cry bts. 

I think the writers really tried to end Sonny and Carly a few times but it never sticks because a) they are a fan favorite, like it or not and b) its easier then getting complex. 

Looking back of course many things that used to be acceptable are now considered in bad taste but IMO Carly and Sonny as a couple has always been toxic and tasteless. 

(Sorry, I didn't mean to write so much. I guess I just got on a tangent) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I find myself FFing through the teens' scenes.  Joss is just an unlikable, petulant, spoiled brat and bully.  It's a pity - because I think that Cam and Trina have potential to be compelling characters and are played by competent actors (and props to Rebecca Herbst and Maura West for helping them grow) - but I only want to see them for brief stints during summer.  Their screen time and number of actors in that age group seems to be growing.  

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 3:23 AM, sunnyface said:

I find myself FFing through the teens' scenes.  Joss is just an unlikable, petulant, spoiled brat and bully.  It's a pity - because I think that Cam and Trina have potential to be compelling characters and are played by competent actors (and props to Rebecca Herbst and Maura West for helping them grow) - but I only want to see them for brief stints during summer.  Their screen time and number of actors in that age group seems to be growing.  

ITA with you. I find Joss, Trina, and Cam to be dreadfully boring and Joss also manages to be unlikeable and boring. I’ve long thought they they needed to find a lane with Joss because having her stand around and pass judgement on everyone isn’t it. Spencer and Esme are more interesting than those 3 but i have no interest in teen SLs and I feel like they’ve been on 3/4 days a week for months now. 

• Love 6

I have been watching the entire show for the last 4 months (OK, except Michael and Willow), and i gotta say it. I don't think that Laura Wright is a great actress, like at all. She has four acting responses:

1. Happy, loving face.

2. Smug, bitch face... most employed

3. Teary eyes, sometimes employed with smug, bitch face

4. Shouting her dialogue like WHOAH for emphasis 

These four acting responses have made her a consummate '"soap" actress, but she is not a great actress. Nopeity-nope.

• Love 6

Honesty, Laura Wright reminded me of a WASP version of Jennifer Aniston when she first showed up  and I've never felt like I was wrong about that. I still remember the jokes about how both SJB and TB felt like scrappy Italian American underdogs who fought for everything while Laura's Carly feels like she grew up in a lovely 4-bedroom Colonial in Greenwich, Connecticut and had a horse she called Maple.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

Was Carly even that poor growing up?  I mean, it was indicated that she and her adoptive mom struggled at times, but even the show seemed to acknowledge (in the first 1-2 years of Carly's existence) that her resentment of others was more about being a selfish brat with a deluded sense of entitlement.  She would whine that other people looked at her as being "trash" ... ignoring the fact that it was her own insane, hurtful actions that led to that judgment, not her lack of money.  

Laura Wright having this upper-class / soccer mom vibe doesn't bother me as much as the fact that Carly has been completely one-note and boring for years.  I could definitely see Carly molding herself over time into someone with the "right" manners and looks for the money she now has ... of course, whenever she gets into one of her yelling, snarling fights with whatever woman she resents at the moment, the facade comes off.  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Was Carly even that poor growing up?  I mean, it was indicated that she and her adoptive mom struggled at times, but even the show seemed to acknowledge (in the first 1-2 years of Carly's existence) that her resentment of others was more about being a selfish brat with a deluded sense of entitlement.  She would whine that other people looked at her as being "trash" ... ignoring the fact that it was her own insane, hurtful actions that led to that judgment, not her lack of money.  

Laura Wright having this upper-class / soccer mom vibe doesn't bother me as much as the fact that Carly has been completely one-note and boring for years.  I could definitely see Carly molding herself over time into someone with the "right" manners and looks for the money she now has ... of course, whenever she gets into one of her yelling, snarling fights with whatever woman she resents at the moment, the facade comes off.  

Her adoptive mother was lovely, she did grow up in a trailer park and her adoptive father left. 

I talk a lot or shit about Carly, but I believe what really messed her up is when her best friend's dad (the original Carly) groomed and seduced her when she was 16. While I have come around to the idea some people are just born assholes, but I think that exacerbated her personality disorders. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Her adoptive mother was lovely, she did grow up in a trailer park and her adoptive father left. 

I talk a lot or shit about Carly, but I believe what really messed her up is when her best friend's dad (the original Carly) groomed and seduced her when she was 16. While I have come around to the idea some people are just born assholes, but I think that exacerbated her personality disorders. 

I think I missed the back story on having been groomed as a young teenager.  Was that something they filled in later, or part of the original story for her?  

I stand corrected, growing up in a trailer park is rough!   Of course, nothing compared to the hell Bobbie went through, and her unwillingness to acknowledge that no matter how many times Luke explained it to Carly was infuriating.  

Of course, we could do a whole thread on bad girl or boy / reformed bad girl or boy backstories and compare who had the most understandable reason to behave like an asshole.  Which could be fun!  😁 

There is a trailer park within a 1/2 mile of my house and I never had an issue. They seem like hard working people.  

The Carly "statutory raped" storyline line was added in the 2000s. It is when they were trying to fix the Reese Marshall mess by making her the real Charlotte "Carly" Roberts.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

There is a trailer park within a 1/2 mile of my house and I never an issue. They seem like hard working people.  

The Carly "statutory raped" storyline line was added in the 2000s. It is when they were trying to fix the Reese Marshall mess by making her the real Charlotte "Carly" Roberts.

Yeah, I had a friend in high school whose mom had to move the family into into a trailer park when the parents divorced -- there is an unfair stigma, and there can also be increased vulnerability to a shitty landlord.  

So I can certainly see Carly having insecurity about that, but her resentment over Bobbie was so overblown.   At first the writers understood that Carly was delusional.  She was fun to hate!  Until she wasn't and ate the show.  Ah well.   

@Jma14, I think our first viewing of Carly was in a tiny apartment in Florida (that's how I recall it, anyway).  I guess she must have mentioned at some point that she and her mom previously lived in a trailer park.  

I mean, she clearly had the resources to move up to Port Charles on a whim and start a nursing program.  If she'd wanted to make her way in the world, she was able to do so ... but of course, that's not what she wanted.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Also, trailer parks are very very very common in Florida.  Like, ubiquitous.  you don't have to be "poor" to live in one here.  Moving into a trailer isn't a lowering thing.  Now, obviously they were going for "oh noes, she lived in a TRAILER, how pathetic" in this instance, which is just...annoying on the face of it.

• Love 4

Unfortunately, much of the “trailer trash” persona comes from the weather reports. They always seem to find the worst looking, worst speaking person to interview after any kind of weather event. Trailer parks are very likely to be hit and destroyed by hurricanes and tornadoes. The people who live in these parks are low income, blue collar workers for the most part. They are hard working, law abiding citizens for the most part. 

12 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Of course, we could do a whole thread on bad girl or boy / reformed bad girl or boy backstories and compare who had the most understandable reason to behave like an asshole.  Which could be fun!  😁 

Was there more to Rebecca's backstory other than resentment that her twin was adopted by a wealthy family and she had to work part time and go to community college to get an education? That was such a weak backstory and I always felt that should have been a basis for "Emily isn't really dead" storyline and bring the character back to the show. 

12 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

@Jma14, I think our first viewing of Carly was in a tiny apartment in Florida (that's how I recall it, anyway).  I guess she must have mentioned at some point that she and her mom previously lived in a trailer park.  

Virginia was clinging to the edge of middle class.  Most of Carly's resentment came from feeling abandoned to a dysfunctional family.  Virginia was not a bad person. But she was co-dependant and never recovered from Frank leaving. (At that point, Frank was just a shitty husband and father who didn't necessarily want a kid and bailed on them both.  The sociopathic con man wasn't until Nelle).

Carly felt like she'd been dumped by her birth mother and then her adoptive father. She resented Bobbie for giving her up and leaving to be raise by an ineffectual, codependent who never recovered from her husband bailing.

The statutory rape story was written in toward the end of TB's time as Carly and was supposed to be part of Reese's resentment believing that Carly, a 16 year old girl without a father, had used her to get closed to her own dad.  Despite having written it, however, they really never leaned in to what Carly felt about having been seduced by her friend's father.  It was all about Reese and her running off and jumping in her car then getting into an accident. (This accident was canon as to why Carly didn't drive for the first several years she was on canvas. But it didn't originally have to do with Carly herself much less Carly having caused Charlotte to be upset.  She had just witnessed it and was traumatized by it.)

I don't really agree that LW's Carly has a princess vibe. To me, she always felt like a more natural continuation of SJB's Carly than TB who always seemed too slight and graceful to be a mature version of SJB's Carly. Both LW and SJB walk like women on a mission. TB walked like a woman with an attitude. 

But then, I hold the unpopular opinion of being a OG Carly fan who never once waived. I didn't love JB's Carly but Carly was still my girl. And TB's slight but full of bravado version worked for me as well as SJB and LW's bitch about to burn your house down walks.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

She resented Bobbie for giving her up and leaving to be raise by an ineffectual, codependent who never recovered from her husband bailing.

Which was ridiculous once she found out the circumstances in which Bobbie gave her up, but Carly loved a grudge. Still does. 

• Love 4

Not sure if this an UO because it’s never gotten much chatter either way but I wish they would recast BL. I love the idea of the character and was excited when they announced her return but AS is a huge dud. I don’t feel for her in emotional scenes and she has terrible romantic chemistry with JS and no father/daughter chemistry with WK. I absolutely adored the temp recast and thought she blew AS out of the water. 

• Love 6
On 2/1/2022 at 7:16 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Honesty, Laura Wright reminded me of a WASP version of Jennifer Aniston when she first showed up  and I've never felt like I was wrong about that. I still remember the jokes about how both SJB and TB felt like scrappy Italian American underdogs who fought for everything while Laura's Carly feels like she grew up in a lovely 4-bedroom Colonial in Greenwich, Connecticut and had a horse she called Maple.

Which is hilarious to me, given that Laura Wright actually grew up only about an hour and a half from me in Clinton, Maryland, a town not far from DC that is a lot more suburban now, but when she left for New York in 1991 to be on Loving (she was essentially plucked from obscurity, having gone to an audition in nearby DC that sent hopefuls up for New York callbacks), was supposed to be a LOT smaller and more rural than it is now--but it IS in southern Prince George's County, where the turn from the suburbs/city to rural Southern Maryland (where I'm from) starts to become more clear.

Not to mention that she was working at her dad's gas station before she got her start in soaps, too. 

But anyway:

At this point, I think it's safe to say most opinions about Carly--no matter what they are--belong under polarizing rather than popular or unpopular. The only possible exceptions:

1. Saying that Sarah Brown was your least favorite Carly.

2. Saying that Jennifer Bransford was your favorite Carly.

3. Saying that you're completely indifferent to Carly, and no, saying "I'm too tired to even hate her anymore" is not the same thing. :P 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 12:02 PM, ffwbe said:

Not sure if this an UO because it’s never gotten much chatter either way but I wish they would recast BL. I love the idea of the character and was excited when they announced her return but AS is a huge dud. I don’t feel for her in emotional scenes and she has terrible romantic chemistry with JS and no father/daughter chemistry with WK. I absolutely adored the temp recast and thought she blew AS out of the water. 

It's sad because my mom kept saying she didn't like the recast Brooklyn because she isn't pretty. Aww. 

I do love Amanda Stetton from her time on Gossip Girl and One Life to Live. I think they were TRYING to go for a Lois vibe with her compared to Michelle Branch vibe the Teen Brooklyn had (that era of GH is a really big blur to me so I could be wrong about the vibe) but she seems pretty checked out to me ever since she came back from maternity leave.

As much as I like CS on this show, I think they should have made him Stefan instead of Victor. Not only would it have worked better age wise, Stefan had history and established relationships with Nikolas, Laura, and Alexis that they could have played off of while Victor really didn’t. It feels like they mainly made him Victor for the initial incorporation of Dr. O in the SL and to bring Valentin back into the Cassadine family and I’m not sure either was necessary or added anything. 

• Love 2

I really enjoyed Willow and Chase as a couple. I found Willow completely insufferable now that she is with Michael - completely self-righteous and just a horrible bitch. That's not my unpopular opinion. But, I am not able to stand Chase with Brook Lynn. I don't want them together. Chase and Willow had one of the few mature relationships on this show where they spoke openly and honestly about their feelings and plans. What happened to that guy? He and Brook Lynn and how they act around each other is completely out of character from what we saw with Willow. It's like, I know people associated with the Corinthos Clan almost always turn to crap, but now Chase's character is turning to crap and he's like two degrees or so separated from the Corinthii. How?

• Love 3

I’ve realized that the problem I have with new couples is how childish they are. I had more mature relationships in high school. And then the writers will d…..r……a…..g this story out until we are comatose. No, thank you.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Chase and Willow had one of the few mature relationships on this show where they spoke openly and honestly about their feelings and plans. What happened to that guy? He and Brook Lynn and how they act around each other is completely out of character from what we saw with Willow.

And yet, still more mature than Curtis/Portia and, in my unpopular opinion at time more mature rhan Finn/Liz.

While I thought making Alexis a professor was the better idea, I actually don’t mind her running the newspaper and don’t care if they ever make her a lawyer again. She kind of ran through all of the SLs that involved that career already and was mostly just playing dayplayer lawyer in other people’s SLs, which isn’t inherently interesting to me if I don’t enjoy the other character.

Being a lawyer on soaps kinda falls in the same category as doctor, nurse, and cop where it gives them a built in excuse to interact with characters they don’t have a history or relationship with and have them support the other character’s SLs. Which can be nice for seeing a character mix it up but they don’t get POV or anything meaty out of those scenes since they’re easily interchangeable. 

I don't care about Chase at all. He's very attractive and a decent actor. Fine, that and a smile will get you a cup of coffee in soaps. I still think there are too many extraneous, aimless characters on this show and I'd clear out at least half of them. He can stay for a little while but the minute a Lucky or any number of other viable younger males is in the offing, I'd cut the dude quick. When you give characters bad roots or weak foundations in this day and age it's rare that they have the staying power. (Speaking of, Britt is still useless to me and wan when they try to play her as a heroine.)

Alexis running the paper is nuts but tbh I am kind of into it. She probably should've lost the law license long ago for her many hijinks with Julian, the bottle, etc.

Kathleen Gati's lovely and fun to watch, and I'm glad she and Kin are having fun. But I'd still send Liesl to the WSB supermax prison after an extended exit. She can pop back in and out from time to time, but that's it. I will never forget what she did and neither should the Scorpios. Anna should be a breath or two from drawing her gun on her any time they're in the same room and Liesl starts talking sideways.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Agreed on Alexis running the paper and on Chase. I can't dislike Chase, but I can't claim to be attached to him either...after all this time. 

And I don't think Swickard has been good in romantic story. He's fine with the family/friend/job stuff, and his best talk-to is Michael Easton by far. 

I feel as though I was watching a different version of Chase/Willow from the one their fans describe. To me, they were just another pair of generally nice, somewhat dull people in series of scenes with no momentum or shape, on the level of Portia/Curtis, Brando/Sasha, TJ/Molly...and Sam/Dante (although calling Sam "nice" is open to debate). Austin/Maxie is shaping up to be another.

• Love 3

The Willow/Sasha gestalt are two of the more boring characters I've ever seen. And I routinely forget "Brando," "Gladys" and "Harmony" are characters on this show. I know next to nothing about them nor do I care. Curtis has been boring for a number of years now despite a promising introduction. Virtually all the characters of color are simply there to say they exist. Portia and Trina are the only ones I'd keep on contract (Taggert and Will's mom can stay too), and I'd bring on new ones with actual investment.

Maxie with Austin squicks me out. I know how old Roger is. Both of them need to be off the show, and not together.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

Anna should be a breath or two from drawing her gun on her any time they're in the same room and Liesl starts talking sideways.

I think she is, TBH. LOL. 

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Maxie with Austin squicks me out. I know how old Roger is.

RoHo is 53 and KSt is 37. I'm not sure how old Austin and Maxie are supposed to be, but the age difference isn't that gross to me. I've been brainwashed by Hollywood to accept stuff like this, obviously. 

Oh, I get Kirsten's age but Maxie still seems a lot younger to me for whatever reason. I remember when she was in the youth set and OG Franco hit it with her. It just skeeves me out.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

RoHo is 53 and KSt is 37. I'm not sure how old Austin and Maxie are supposed to be, but the age difference isn't that gross to me. I've been brainwashed by Hollywood to accept stuff like this, obviously. 

Normally a 15-ish year age difference wouldn't bother me but with KSt it does. Part of it is her Disney background and that she was Belle on DAYS. And she's a very young looking 37. Kelly Thiebaud is only 2 years older but I'm fine with Austin and Britt. Not that he has romantic chemistry with either one.

• Love 3

My friend had one of those magical marriages, marrying a man 17 years older when she was 26. My husband was 13 years older than me.

To me the bigger problem is that Maxie has been portrayed as an immatur flake for much of the last years.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

To me the bigger problem is that Maxie has been portrayed as an immatur flake for much of the last years.

This is where I'm at too, especially since the pushback against Austin and Maxie is usually about Howarth's age and not that Maxie acts like a teenager even if she's got three kids. Roger could be in his thirties instead of a geriatric fifty three and it wouldn't matter, since Maxie would still be the same exact flake she is right now.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, tessaray said:

And she's a very young looking 37.

Obviously, mileage varies. I was unsure of Kirsten Storms's exact age, and my guess would have been 39. I know she's had a lot of hard times in the past decade.

With me, the issue isn't that Austin and Maxie have an age difference or look mismatched. I just haven't enjoyed Storms in a long time, and I wish General Hospital would stop trying to make Roger Howarth happen as a cast member. What he had on OLTL just isn't carrying over.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I really enjoyed Willow and Chase as a couple. I found Willow completely insufferable now that she is with Michael - completely self-righteous and just a horrible bitch. That's not my unpopular opinion. But, I am not able to stand Chase with Brook Lynn. I don't want them together. Chase and Willow had one of the few mature relationships on this show where they spoke openly and honestly about their feelings and plans. What happened to that guy? 

The same thing that happened to Dante when the plot required him to cheat. Willow and Chase were OK but they weren't unique. Lante Scrubs LL2 were all Chillow prototypes.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, tessaray said:

Normally a 15-ish year age difference wouldn't bother me but with KSt it does. Part of it is her Disney background and that she was Belle on DAYS. And she's a very young looking 37. Kelly Thiebaud is only 2 years older but I'm fine with Austin and Britt. Not that he has romantic chemistry with either one.

Ymmv cause she looks 45 imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Well, I guess I'll take a table for one in the "I don't like the new Trina" section. She doesn't look right to be the child of Portia and either Curtis or Taggert. She doesn't have the sincerely won bravado and gravitas of the character (can you imagine this gal putting on the WWF or whatever it was big show at Ava's gallery all on her own?). She is too needy around Joss and Cam and too clingy with her mom. And her voice is driving me crazy - take it down half an octave, please!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, isalicat said:

And her voice is driving me crazy - take it down half an octave, please!

I detest baby voices in women. For that reason alone, I'll never totally warm to nuTrina. Sorry, Tabyana Ali.

• Love 2