Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ouinason said:

Molly is the white wale of young female soap characters, especially legacies that were born to the show instead of showing up mid career or something.  And, love or hate her, she's the most consistent character on screen, through all the writing changes.  Unlike others she hasn't changed for no reason or become a caracature of her former self, but she's still young, so I'm sure they will recast her with a busty, doe eyed, dim wit soon enough.

I love Molly but I think a big reason she's still normal is that they've never been that interested in writing for her. I think if they had, she'd be just as screwed up as the other legacy kids are/were or would have been recast and aged up along with Morgan years ago. The only thing I really remember them giving her is that failed love triangle with TJ and Rafe and some stuff during Ric's brief return. It's strange because there was definitely a big hole in the young adult group. Even now, there's really only Michael, Chase, Willow, and Kristina. 

• Love 5

It’s always the woman’s fault when a romantic pairing doesn’t work. Look at Michael—CD isn’t a chem machine by any stretch, yet they keep trying to give Michael a love interest.

Or Michael Easton, whose characters are arguably the most passive romantic partners ever.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

What the hell happened to my show? I just....what happened to bring us here with these randoms and this hideous dialogue? 🙃

That's Faison's house damn it!

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Right now I still can’t get over the look on JPS’ face with CW. His choices make me gag all the time. 

What are you talking about:

ETA: Although 1:55, that's also usually my reaction to anything Maxie.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 5
On 7/30/2019 at 8:54 PM, HeatLifer said:

What the hell happened to my show? I just....what happened to bring us here with these randoms and this hideous dialogue? 🙃

I don't know. Leisl amused me here with her "whose body was found?" and her comment about Nina needing to raise her standards. Nina and Valentine are obnoxious and I have get to figure out why Sasha is even on this show.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, HeatLifer said:

This is the only part of the show that is interesting.

• Love 1

I don't really like any of the new casting (since the soap merger, I suppose?)  I don't like the actresses used for the random brunettes I can't tell apart -- this new one, Haydon, is adding to the confusion, and I'm really not a fan of Michael's girlfriend.  She's just milquetoast.  I'm also not a fan of the two older blonde women I can't tell apart, except I do like Eva and the one who is in charge of the magazine.  I'm not fond of the twins played by the guy with the floppy brown hair.  Lastly, it's too bad they couldn't afford David Tenant's salary because the guy who is playing the Cassedine is a dead ringer.  I can tolerate him but I keep expecting him to jump into his TARDIS to get to Spoon Island.

I do like the original cast and feel connected to the Quartermaine/Corinthos storyline.  I have always loved the Sonny/Jason/Carly connection.  Wow, how's that for unpopular?!  LOL  (By "always", I mean since Sarah Brown, Billy Warlock, Maurice Benard, and Steve Burton -- hat's off to Tamara Braun who was a terrific Carly, too).

Edited by Captanne
8 hours ago, bannana said:

This is the only part of the show that is interesting.

No part of this show is interesting, and all of those people are the worst. 🤭

On another note, I do think it’s fascinating, though, that a bunch of characters who are “bad” are popular on a lot of forums because the characters either don’t like Sonny or Jason, so that’s a positive, or Sonny/Jason “win” over them.

I’ve noticed it with Shiloh, Dr. O, Franco, Julian, Ava, in particular. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

On another note, I do think it’s fascinating, though, that a bunch of characters who are “bad” are popular on a lot of forums because the characters either don’t like Sonny or Jason, so that’s a positive, or Sonny/Jason “win” over them.

I’ve noticed it with Shiloh, Dr. O, Franco, Julian, Ava, in particular. 

I can't completely hate any character who's able to call out Jason/Sonny/Carly, even if it's only in the moment. The problem is the show never allows anyone to have a legit gripe against those three. The entire world has to love them or be branded as terrible people. It's an idiotic way to write a show, but we all know this show is idiotic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Captanne said:

this new one, Haydon, is adding to the confusion,

Hayden isn't really new, but she's probably new to you from what it sounds like.

4 hours ago, Captanne said:

I'm also not a fan of the two older blonde women I can't tell apart, except I do like Eva and the one who is in charge of the magazine. 

Just curious, who can't you tell apart? Ava and Nina?

• Love 1

There are a couple of blonde ladies who are associated with Crimson -- I think?  But one is associated with Dr. Who Cassedine (that's what I call him...the guy who looks like 10).  One doesn't like Willow.  That may be the same person.  Um, Eva is the one with the medium trying to find her daughter's ghost, I think.  Am I close?  Another has a relationship with Jax?  (Not Maxie -- I love Maxie and her actress.  Always have).  

The only blonde women associated with Crimson are Nina (runs the magazine) and Maxie. Ava was on the cover recently for their special issue, but she normally has nothing to do with it.

Nina's "daughter" (that's a whole other issue) is Sasha, she works at Crimson too but isn't blonde. She's dating Michael. 

The actress who plays Nina is relatively new, Michelle Stafford left the show to go to Y&R and this is her replacement (Cynthia Watros).

No one currently has a relationship with Jax. He's swinging single.

• Love 1

That's very helpful!  Is the one who doesn't like Willow Nina?  Is she the same one who has the relationship with Dr. Who and the drink poisoning at Windemere?  I like that actress.  Eva is alternatively evil and then weirdly comic?  Sasha is the limp noodle, I get which one she is.  

There's a lady who hangs on Jax -- is alternatively appreciated and then misogynistically ignored by Jax -- I think that's Nina, too.  They had a testy encounter at the Metrocourt a few weeks ago.  And then, with one of the brunettes (the very new one -- Hayden?) he was all out of sorts in a hotel room before going over to Windemere to get the poisoned drink (I missed that episode.)

I think I'm getting these ladies figured out.....LOL.  Thanks for the patience.  

Meanwhile, is Lucas' husband supposed to be dumb as a brick because I have yet to see him be anything but...kind of dumb.

No more OT for me.  Thanks for the patience, seriously.  But I'm dragging us off topic.  Apologies.  

Edited by Captanne
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't completely hate any character who's able to call out Jason/Sonny/Carly, even if it's only in the moment. The problem is the show never allows anyone to have a legit gripe against those three. The entire world has to love them or be branded as terrible people. It's an idiotic way to write a show, but we all know this show is idiotic.

I think that the show has always had a problem with this bc they selected that Sonny/Carly/Jason/AND SAM are the main characters and “heroes.” I don’t think it ever should have been this way unless they actually made one or more of those characters progress to actually become a BETTER person and took them OUT of the mob world. Why this couldn’t be done is beyond me, so they must have some focus group knowledge that this is what most of the viewers want to see.

Regardless, none of this matters to me when it comes to other characters. I never suddenly root for the Francos of the soap universe because he or she is snarky with Sonny.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Regardless, none of this matters to me when it comes to other characters. I never suddenly root for the Francos of the soap universe because he or she is snarky with Sonny.

I won't root for Franco just because he's snarky to Sonny, but that is a reason I don't hate him 100 percent.

• Love 3

I wouldn't say I like Nina, but I do find her character much less annoying with the new actress. I just cannot stand Valentin. I think having Nik come back and kill Valentin is the only solution at this point. 

And for the love, costuming and hair & makeup. Take a look at Kirsten Storm's instagram. She looks adorable in all of her pictures, not to mention 10 years younger and 20 pounds lighter than she looks on the show. Do better by her.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I wouldn't say I like Nina, but I do find her character much less annoying with the new actress. I just cannot stand Valentin. I think having Nik come back and kill Valentin is the only solution at this point. 

And for the love, costuming and hair & makeup. Take a look at Kirsten Storm's instagram. She looks adorable in all of her pictures, not to mention 10 years younger and 20 pounds lighter than she looks on the show. Do better by her.

I don't know, I saw pictures of at FCW and her ensemble was a tad dubious, imo.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I think that the show has always had a problem with this bc they selected that Sonny/Carly/Jason/AND SAM are the main characters and “heroes.” I don’t think it ever should have been this way unless they actually made one or more of those characters progress to actually become a BETTER person and took them OUT of the mob world. Why this couldn’t be done is beyond me, so they must have some focus group knowledge that this is what most of the viewers want to see.

The bizarre thing to me is that lately this show is doing a lot of redeeming of former evil characters: first Franco, then Julian and today Obrecht grew a conscience. Even Ava has her moments.

But Sonny, Jason and Carly always stay the same and now Sam has been dragged back down to their fold again. I guess the show sees nothing wrong with them, although I certainly do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, I saw pictures of at FCW and her ensemble was a tad dubious, imo.

I don't know what FCW is, but this was posted at the end of June which I think is when the current episodes were filmed. She looks so much more youthful.

Same with this one.

Now, no, she doesn't look like a fashionista in these pictures, but I don't think she does on the show, either. At least it doesn't look like she shops at Stein Mart or Coldwater Creek's old lady department.

• Love 5

The show definitely could dress her much much better but I don't think they're to completely to blame for how KSt looks. Not that she looks terrible, she doesn't. Those pictures her face is a few feet away from the camera.

(FCW is fan club weekend, an event they do in July every year.)

https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/544603/general-hospital-fan-club-weekend-2019/gallery/546548/18

Although looking at these photos 90% of the actors look not tv-glammed-up.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, Captanne said:

That's very helpful!  Is the one who doesn't like Willow Nina?  Is she the same one who has the relationship with Dr. Who and the drink poisoning at Windemere?  I like that actress.  Eva is alternatively evil and then weirdly comic?  Sasha is the limp noodle, I get which one she is.  

There's a lady who hangs on Jax -- is alternatively appreciated and then misogynistically ignored by Jax -- I think that's Nina, too.  They had a testy encounter at the Metrocourt a few weeks ago.  And then, with one of the brunettes (the very new one -- Hayden?) he was all out of sorts in a hotel room before going over to Windemere to get the poisoned drink (I missed that episode.)

I think I'm getting these ladies figured out.....LOL.  Thanks for the patience.  

Meanwhile, is Lucas' husband supposed to be dumb as a brick because I have yet to see him be anything but...kind of dumb.

No more OT for me.  Thanks for the patience, seriously.  But I'm dragging us off topic.  Apologies.  

Nina is the one who doesn't like Willow, although the major part of that story took place with the old Nina. The new Nina has been nicer to Willow. Nina was mortified to learn that her loose lips at the ball led to Shiloh's realizing Willow had had a child by him. Since Willow isn't Charlotte's teacher anymore, there isn't as much reason for them to have a beef. 

I don't know if Brad is supposed to be dumb, per se. Maybe not one of the brighter bulbs on the show. He was brought on originally as a sleazy character and then semi-redeemed with the relationship with Lucas, but he still schemes, sometimes badly. 

It sounds as though you have Ava figured out. She's often evil but sometimes funny, sometimes sympathetic. At least, that's the way they intend her.

Another older blond woman who's been brought back recently is Cassandra. She was on before for a limited run. She is a drug queenpin who has grudges against Nina, Finn, and Valentin (and Anna, who's presently off-canvas). She just met and poisoned Sasha, who is Michael's girlfriend and the woman Nina erroneously believes is her daughter. 

I agree with @BlancheDevoreaux on finding the new Nina much less annoying than the original one. I don't mind her anymore. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

I remember the actress who plays Cassandra from a show called “Judging Amy”. She played the part of Judge Amy’s brother and was a very interesting, sometimes loving, sometimes really annoying family member. She was great on that show as was Tyne Daly who played the mom. I forget the name of the actress who played Amy but she was just fantastic too. Amy Finnergan, maybe?

Nope, Amy Brenneman. Check the spelling if you want to google her.

• Love 2
On 8/5/2019 at 6:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

That's Laura. Good lord, her costuming is so unflattering.

It always has been.

I was so stunned to learn that she was only 31 when she and Luke returned in late 93, because they dressed her like she was a Mormon twice that age--ankle length skirts, boots, long sleeved shirts, and a vest over that. Jeez, Audrey who WAS twice her age dressed sexier!

It got even worse after she got pregnant and then afterwards when she was struggling with losing the weight. Everything she was in was so drab and frumpy.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 4

Oh, yes. Genie Francis's clothing as Laura in the period of around 2000-2002 (prior to the wig-on-a-stick years) was bad beyond belief. That isn't a challenge for someone to go to YouTube and find an exception to the rule. I'm sure she might have looked okay at a formal event one day in November of some year. But I remember constant ridicule on various boards for the day-in/day-out choices. And Laura was co-owner of Deception for some of that period! Deception was cosmetics rather than fashion per se, but if you'd have expected any mature woman on the show at that point to look well put together and chic... 

I actually didn't know GF was having post-pregnancy weight struggles, but that contextualizes it a bit. She was dressed as though they were trying to make her invisible. Just as Camille couldn't believe she was 31 when she and Luke returned (I wasn't watching then), I couldn't believe she was still under 40 in the period above.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I remember the actress who plays Cassandra from a show called “Judging Amy”. She played the part of Judge Amy’s brother and 

I think you mean she played Amy’s sister-in-law. She was also very popular as Meghan on One Life to Live. Vicki’s Daughter that Vicki didn’t remember she gave birth to because one of her other personalities had taken over, I think? I don’t remember.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean she played Amy’s sister-in-law. She was also very popular as Meghan on One Life to Live. Vicki’s Daughter that Vicki didn’t remember she gave birth to because one of her other personalities had taken over, I think? I don’t remember.

Of course, I meant Amy’s brother’s wife. Ha. She couldn’t really be Amy’s brother, could she? At any rate, she was really good in that part.

I don't know if this is a UO or not -- but as much as I enjoyed Tamara Braun's Carly (and I sincerely did -- except for the chicken arm flailing) -- I can't stand Kim.  She's that sappy, smiley side of Braun's acting that we were spared when she was Carly.  It's so unbelievable.  I, too, thought she was going to snap Carly's baby right out of her tummy there on the green fields of the random park*.  Blech.

*Although, yay for spending money on exterior shots.  I've always enjoyed it when soaps go on location.

• Love 1

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion because I think Sam is fairly well liked online: I group her right in with Jason, Carly and Sonny. I do not separate them, because she's proven, both by what we know of her past before coming to town, and her behavior since coming, that she's just as bad as them in her own way. She conned men out of their money, and at least two of them committed suicide because of this, yes ? She routinely brushes over the fact that Jason and Sonny are scum and doesn't see anything wrong with their lifestyles. Until she does see it, and then she plays victim. 

I don't really like her, and don't see her as one bit more moral than any of the other three. I think she's totally the type of character who would justify anything she does, or anything whoever she likes, does. I don't think she has much of a moral compass, if at all. She fits right in with them. And TBH-I see her mother and Kristina the same way. So maybe it's a Cassadine thing ? Eh. 

Speaking of a Cassadine thing, I was bored, so I watched the clip up above. It was either that, or go outside in the 110 degree heat and mow my lawn. I thought the clip would be less painful-I was wrong. The worst part of that ? None of those actors have chemistry with each other. At least Michelle Stafford's Nina had chemistry with Leisl and Valentine. There's nothing worse than a soap family whose actors don't click. That's even worse than a couple that doesn't click, IMO, because couples never last on these shows anyway, but you're generally kind of stuck with the family they put you in. Until you find out you were switched at birth or you were hatched in a factory or whatever they are doing these days.

That scene made me miss the old school Qs, SO badly. But as someone else said, Leisl's "body" comment was funny. That's something.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion because I think Sam is fairly well liked online: I group her right in with Jason, Carly and Sonny. I do not separate them, because she's proven, both by what we know of her past before coming to town, and her behavior since coming, that she's just as bad as them in her own way. She conned men out of their money, and at least two of them committed suicide because of this, yes ? She routinely brushes over the fact that Jason and Sonny are scum and doesn't see anything wrong with their lifestyles. Until she does see it, and then she plays victim. 

Sam should rightfully be grouped with them, she is a miserable character.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6

Considering the reaction I got from other threads, I suppose this sentiment belongs here: the whole argument between Brook Lynn and Lulu was mostly Lulu's fault and definitely started the argument. While I think Brook Lynn should be way more contrite when dealing with Lulu, she didn't "push and push and push" Lulu as Olivia claimed she did. And no, Brook Lynn talking shit about Lulu and Dante's relationship when Lulu wasn't even there counts as antagonizing her. BL gave one pointed remark, Lulu gave a salty reply. Then it appears BL didn't say a word to Lulu, save for the occasionally smirk, and when BL went outside for some air, Lulu stormed out after her. So I don't blame BL for attacking Lulu, hitting her where she emotionally hurts in that instance.

I am getting a bit fed up with all of the Qs and their treatment of Brook Lynn right. Brook Lynn seems to be polite to Olivia, genuinely nice to Leo and took the rap for Monica after she gave away Thanksgiving dinner (for fucking Franco), they are still giving her shade. Olivia seems to trying to be civil, even if she is blaming everything on Brook Lynn, but Monica being a straight up bitch to Brook Lynn after BL covered for Monica and didn't request a favor in return really sucked. 

I think the Qs are generally so awful to each other that it never occurs to most of them some members of the family are treated worse than others, so they often wonder why people like Tracy and AJ eventually turn on them. 

• Love 3

I love Amanda Setton's BL. I've seen some here not warm up to her as much, but imo she brings a bit of a fire to the role that I'm interested in seeing grow. And I loved her reading Nelle for filth at the Q mansion in defense of Michael - and to add to that, I really like the subtle Michael-Brooke relationship as the two millennial cousins doing their best to hold their head up in the throes of the Q's perpetual lion den while also living up to high expectations/standards.

I genuinely hate Nelle's annoying character. Every time she pops on the scene I groan and roll my eyes. And Chloe Lanier's acting doesn't do anything for me.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I genuinely hate Nelle's annoying character. Every time she pops on the scene I groan and roll my eyes. And Chloe Lanier's acting doesn't do anything for me.

I'm with you. Along with being an annoying character, she looks to me like she smells of stale urine and cigarettes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I like Peter.

I like Peter and Maxie.

I like Peter and Anna's ambigious maternal relationship.

I like Anna and Finn (I didn't, but I do now.)

I like Finn.

I like Anna as is, no need to "fix" her.

Most of the story lines suck, and I sometimes slap my forehead, but I still like it.

• Love 3

Re Peter, I mean, I guess he is a bad guy, he held Jason hostage and did awful things to him.  He killed Drew and tried to kill Andre and Franco.  By in a town like Port Charles he is pretty much the norm, right? It would take way too long to list the crimes of the various residents, including murder and attempted murder.

All of that to say I agree that Peter is okay and I too like him with Maxie and with Anna.  And I also like Finn and Anna!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Re Peter, I mean, I guess he is a bad guy, he held Jason hostage and did awful things to him.  He killed Drew and tried to kill Andre and Franco.  By in a town like Port Charles he is pretty much the norm, right? It would take way too long to list the crimes of the various residents, including murder and attempted murder.

All of that to say I agree that Peter is okay and I too like him with Maxie and with Anna.  And I also like Finn and Anna!

I mean his real innocent victims were Drew (and whoever was on the plane with him) and Andre.

Jason (killer), Sam (idiot), Franco (another killer) and that hitman. His count is actually lower than anyone of them.

• Love 4

Sam has killed/tried to kill a surprising number of people over the years, so .... I agree.  

I also refuse to believe Drew is dead, so I'm not holding that against him as much as I probably should.  I'm a Franco fan, and I don't really hold that against him either.  I just can't muster up any kind of hate here.  Indifferent is about as far as I can go, but most of the time it's like.

ETA: However, I do believe that his desperation to hide the already known fact that he was involved with the Twin BS is stupid as shit.  Like, who cares that you were actually there when Drew was kidnapped.  How is that a surprise to anyone?  Good lord, dumbass...

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3

The more prominent Willow becomes, the more I feel the character just isn't working, and her development should have stopped at being a teacher for Charlotte and Aiden. I don't want parental secrets involving her. I don't care about her relationship with Harmony. I don't care about her romance with Chase (she's just the wrong personality to put with him), and I don't want to see her married to Michael. I find her bland and insipid at best, and the attachment to Wiley is making her creepy. The best way to go forward with her, as far as I'm concerned, is a breakdown and wig-on-a-stick.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The more prominent Willow becomes, the more I feel the character just isn't working, and her development should have stopped at being a teacher for Charlotte and Aiden. I don't want parental secrets involving her. I don't care about her relationship with Harmony. I don't care about her romance with Chase (she's just the wrong personality to put with him), and I don't want to see her married to Michael. I find her bland and insipid at best, and the attachment to Wiley is making her creepy. The best way to go forward with her, as far as I'm concerned, is a breakdown and wig-on-a-stick.  

Starting to feel this way too. I feel maybe I could like Willow more if they took her out of this dumb story. It's not doing any favors for anybody involved.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am finding the attempts to get evidence against Peter to be as tedious as those people who trying to make sure that Nelle has no access to Wylie.

Same here, mostly because the stories are being dragged out for way too long. When Michael said he regretted asking Diane to fast-track the custody hearing, I groaned. 

• Love 2

I still like Peter and I still don't care about his crimes, except maybe causing Drew's plane crash which I still have trouble buying actually killed him.  I see nothing that makes Peter so bad that the Jasam BS is worth it.  I also don't give a flying fuck that WR is dating LW, or how his name came up for casting on GH.  

• Love 3

I find the Michael quad dull but I don’t care that the show is making Willow, Sasha, and Nelle a bigger part of the YA canvas instead of Kristina and Molly. While they are legacy characters, I find both actresses limited and they seem to annoy me every time they are brought back. I might feel differently if they recast but if they don’t, I’m ok with them being mostly offscreen. 

• Love 3