Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, tribeca said:

TeamHope 

I just hate that Ron is trashing Hope to push a serial killer. That is wrong on so many levels.. Hope deserved better writing and I still maintain that Hope has never been the same after she came back from the dead.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I just hate that Ron is trashing Hope to push a serial killer. That is wrong on so many levels.. Hope deserved better writing and I still maintain that Hope has never been the same after she came back from the dead.  

To be fair, when she came back, James Reilly wrote her. And we know about his issues. Add in Ron, and any character would be mulch under not one, but two hacks. Most of the great soap writers are long gone. And those that aren't either work under hacks or no longer wish to write due to network interference.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, when she came back, James Reilly wrote her. And we know about his issues. Add in Ron, and any character would be mulch under not one, but two hacks. Most of the great soap writers are long gone. And those that aren't either work under hacks or no longer wish to write due to network interference.

True! Dena did that nighttime Hope story, Hope almost burned Bo to death.   Hope has gotten horrific writing for years.  I thought the show was going in the right direction with Aiden, then, Aiden was thrown under the bus.  As much as I loved Bo, it was unnecessary and I loved the actor. Then, the show realized their mistake and created a doppelganger to explain away Aiden's misdeeds.  I think that Aiden would have been wonderful with Kayla. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2018 at 8:04 PM, bobcat1946 said:

It appear that I am the only one who do not like cin.

You’re not.  Their fanbase is just very loud right now.  Just like when pill was happening and they were supposed to save the show?  The same thing is going on with Ciara and the serial killer.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

I would have liked Gabi to get away with everything. 

100%. Like I've said, what they should do is have Marlena diagnose her with PTSD so that everyone will have to suck it up and get over it like they did with Abigail because of her DID.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

100%. Like I've said, what they should do is have Marlena diagnose her with PTSD so that everyone will have to suck it up and get over it like they did with Abigail because of her DID.

Man, I would love that, especially Julie's having to live with it.  After all, if poor Abs is not guilty for framing Gabi, then Gabi can't be found culpable for Abs' gaslighting.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Liking Hope is an unpopular opinion?  I've liked Hope since the early 90s, when I started watching.

Yes people seem against Hope.  And think she wrong in not wanting her daughter to date a man who killed three women. 

• Love 3

Maybe this belongs in the bitterness thread 

Justin who I used to find quite charming seems like a screaming meanie lately.  Since I started watching I have not seen him win one case.  Has he ever been a good lawyer?

• Love 4
On 12/26/2018 at 7:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I wish but only the Horton are allowed to have excuses for their crimes.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maybe this belongs in the bitterness thread 

Justin who I used to find quite charming seems like a screaming meanie lately.  Since I started watching I have not seen him win one case.  Has he ever been a good lawyer?

Justin did Gabi a favor today when he refused to be her lawyer.  With him she would get lethal injection.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

I wish but only the Horton are allowed to have excuses for their crimes.

Justin did Gabi a favor today when he refused to be her lawyer.  With him she would get lethal injection.

I think you guys are being too hard on Justin. What was he supposed to do? Abigail is his wife's niece and he could not represent Gabi. He expressed his anger without demeaning Gabi. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think you guys are being too hard on Justin. What was he supposed to do? Abigail is his wife's niece and he could not represent Gabi. He expressed his anger without demeaning Gabi. 

I don't really care but Justin was her lawyer during the ridiculous murder trial where she was framed for killing Andre. He didn't have to take her case, but he should had recommended her to another lawyer. That would have be the professional thing for him to do.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't really care but Justin was her lawyer during the ridiculous murder trial where she was framed for killing Andre. He didn't have to take her case, but he should had recommended her to another lawyer. That would have be the professional thing for him to do.

I agree.  Justin should have been a bit more sympathetic to Gabi, given that he witnessed the damage that Abigail did to Gabi. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree.  Justin should have been a bit more sympathetic to Gabi, given that he witnessed the damage that Abigail did to Gabi. 

He should be a little bit more conflicted. She is the mother of Arianna who is his grand daughter and he saw how Arianna suffered when her mother was sent to prison twice, the second time because of what Abby did.

It is by the grace of John that Abby was unable to kill Marlena, Kate and Vivian. I would like to see how the town of Salem would have felt if Abby had killed Marlena and all she got was two weeks therapy with Laura. Check that. Sami would have broken her like a twig if Abby did kill her mother and despite Kate's evilness, she has a ton of children who love her and would have wanted justice.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 11
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, nilyank said:

He should be a little bit more conflicted. She is the mother of Arianna who is his grand daughter and he saw how Arianna suffered when her mother was sent to prison twice, the second time because of what Abby did.

It is by the grace of John that Abby was unable to kill Marlena, Kate and Vivian. I would like to see how the town of Salem would have felt if Abby had killed Marlena and all she got was two weeks therapy with Laura. Check that. Sami would have broken her like a twig if Abby did kill her mother and despite Kate's evilness, she has a ton of children who love her and would have wanted justice.

Hell, Sami would of killed Abby for killing Kate alone!!!!!  Kate was the one person who had Sami's back with the EJ affair.

• Love 4

I'm sure that Matt Ashford is a lovely man, but I can't stand Jack and hate that he's back.

Now, I loved J&J back in the day but with MR looking like a frumpy Ethel Mertz and Jack's appeal long gone, I'm just ick on them now.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I'm sure that Matt Ashford is a lovely man, but I can't stand Jack and hate that he's back.

Now, I loved J&J back in the day but with MR looking like a frumpy Ethel Mertz and Jack's appeal long gone, I'm just ick on them now.

We may be in a 2-person kayak on this opinion, but you are not alone:

JoyousDistinctIndianglassfish-size_restr

It's more about miss Jen-Fil-A for me, but I'm not looking forward to them taking up time.

• Love 3
On 1/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, nilyank said:

Did Sonny formally adopt Arianna?  She's Justin's granddaughter through marriage, a marriage that's been divorced... I never saw Justin have much of a relationship with her.  I think no matter what, Justin was conflicted out and he made the right choice.  

• Love 1

Sonny never formally adopted Arianna.  To be fair the show has actually gone out of its way to establish that Justin and Adrian are "grandparents" to Arianna. Considering their family make up it actually makes perfect sense that Justin and Adrian would always consider Arianna as their granddaughter no matter who is married to whom. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

We may be in a 2-person kayak on this opinion, but you are not alone:

JoyousDistinctIndianglassfish-size_restr

It's more about miss Jen-Fil-A for me, but I'm not looking forward to them taking up time.

Make that a 3-seater, please!

I can't detach MR's Church Lady essence from the character any more.

Church-Lady.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 4
On 1/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, QueenSerena said:

It's more about miss Jen-Fil-A for me

13 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Okay, you know you're wrong for this!!

Hysterical Laughter.gif

Now I'm 100% here for J&J---well maybe 85% (100% Jack and 70% Jenn) but Jen-Fil-A will never be wrong.  Never.

• Love 5
On 1/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, Vixenstud said:

I'm so happy you said this. I thought I was the only person who just felt rather ho hum about Jack's return. For me, once a character has come back from the dead once, if the show kills the character again then the character needs to stay dead. And I do include my favorite characters in this as well. Characters being resurrected 2, 3, 4, etc. times just makes the character feel pointless to me. I wasn't watching during Jack's heyday in the 80s and early 90s, but his last return left absolutely no impression on me, and honestly, even his elevator death didn't move me. I also didn't like Jennifer or Abby around this time, so I just wasn't a Deveraux fan in general at that point. I wish the show had either found a suitable pairing for Jennifer, moved her into some Alice Horton type role or even wrote her and J.J. off as neither contribute very much to the show.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I'm so happy you said this. I thought I was the only person who just felt rather ho hum about Jack's return. For me, once a character has come back from the dead once, if the show kills the character again then the character needs to stay dead. And I do include my favorite characters in this as well. Characters being resurrected 2, 3, 4, etc. times just makes the character feel pointless to me. I wasn't watching during Jack's heyday in the 80s and early 90s, but his last return left absolutely no impression on me, and honestly, even his elevator death didn't move me. I also didn't like Jennifer or Abby around this time, so I just wasn't a Deveraux fan in general at that point. I wish the show had either found a suitable pairing for Jennifer, moved her into some Alice Horton type role or even wrote her and J.J. off as neither contribute very much to the show.

Jack should have never been killed off in the first place. The destruction of Jack started under JER with Ken Corday's approval.  Langan was a headwriter that used Jack's flaws and quirks against him in a vicious way, making him a buffoon and that stupid story of Jack pretending to be gay. So many wonderful stories could have been written for Jack and Jennifer over the years. I actually think that Jack and Jennifer could have had stories with them being married and still be interesting.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Two opinions here...

I like the actor and I'm glad he's employed again, but I was always confused by Jack. Matthew seems to be playing the character as gay, IMHO. Mannerisms and voice gave me that impression the first time I saw Jack. He and Missy have no chemistry, not that I saw them back in the day, mind you. That said, their big reunion really means nothing to me and I'm still perplexed as to how they became a big deal in the first place. I was also hoping to see Missy ushered off the show soon, and now I feel like we're stuck with her first several more years. So Jack being back? Not so great, to me.

My other opinion is that I'm actually really happy Kate Mansi is back on the show to usher Abigail off the canvas and deal with the fallout her latest crazy storyline. Hear me out! This actress is a big reason why I never liked the character, so it didn't feel entirely fair to me that Abigail got a second chance at life with Marci Miller playing her with so much more warmth and poise. In the end, Ron gave her another crazy breakdown storyline so it's not like her entire past was whitewashed and she was miraculously redeemed through the recast, but still...it just feels right to me that the actress who wrecked the character be the one to take the final bow. I'm glad Marci walked away from this shitfest and Mansi came back. I'd probably love this return more if they bothered to show flashbacks to her problems with Ben or her previous conversations with Will or Chad, but the show sometimes really misses the opportunity to do that.

• Love 4

Oh @DisneyBoy -- do yourself a favor and watch some youtubes of Jack and Jenn from the late 80s/early 90s. They were magic. Jack was/is a different sort, for sure -- awkward and smart and sophisticated intellectually if not emotionally. Maybe I'm seeing their current scenes through those goggles, but I see some sparks between Jack and Jennifer today, too. If I have time in the next few days, I'll find some good clips for you (although no promises, lol). 

• Love 7

I think Days had a supercouple for everybody or season. I was a big Broe fan and liked Belle and Shawn and Sami and Brandon and Sami and Lucas. I wouldn’t mind if they brought Sami and Lucas back and did a another round of them. 

I getting off topic lol but what I mean is each year or so they had a few super couples or very strong romance going that would appeal to someone. Like if someone wasn’t into John or Marlena, they’d maybe be into Bo and Hope and if that was a meh to them they’d be into Sami and Lucas stuff. 

• Love 6
On 1/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, Petunia13 said:

All the characterization got fucked up when Corday decided he hated supercouples and wanted to dismantle them. 

Which made no sense as that formula got the show briefly to #1. (I get they can be limiting for characters. But still, it worked. Why bite the hand that helped his parents' show maintain success?)

• Love 5
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That said, their big reunion really means nothing to me and I'm still perplexed as to how they became a big deal in the first place.

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Days had a supercouple for everybody or season.

Yep.  The 80s especially had so many different types of supercouples from the sparring/stalking to love combo (Steve & Kayla), the professional combo (Roman & Marlena), the friends to lovers story (Kim & Shane) and the bad girl/good girl (Bo & Hope). Sometimes the vibes were more innocent and other times the vibes were steam up the windows/simulated hot tub blow jobs. And all the stories would overlap too so even if you weren't into a couple's pairing, there were friendships to lean back on.

As for Jack and Jennifer--the show is giving us a brief history lesson of who they were but they're focusing mostly on the serious things when in reality, I'd describe Jack and Jennifer's love story as largely having a 1930s/1940s madcap romantic comedy vibe. One minute they'd be fighting over how to spell/pronounce a word or a stupid decision (usually Jack's because of his issues) would lead to hilarious physical comedy which quickly turned heartbreaking because of why Jack made the choices he did.

So was that everyone's cup of tea or did they work for everyone?  Nope and I get that because there are plenty of popular couples in this show's history that never worked for me* but I was 1000% down for that shit.

*So I know Bo and Carly were very popular but they never worked for me.  Even though I wasn't a huge Bo and Hope fan (before my time), I still preferred them to Bo and Carly. And I'll save the rest of my confession for a later post.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Broe

Who is that?

Nevermind, Brady and Chloe right?

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Simulated hot tub blow jobs

This was Steve/Kayla on their honeymoon, right?  I distinctly remember that one.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

This was Steve/Kayla on their honeymoon, right?  I distinctly remember that one.

It was Steve and Kayla but I remember it from clips/flashbacks so I don't know if it  was honeymoon.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It was Steve and Kayla but I remember it from clips/flashbacks so I don't know if it  was honeymoon.

Ha! I don't remember this simulated blowjob thing, but I do remember both Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jennifer in the bath with bubbles.....

• Love 2