Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

On 10/4/2016 at 3:37 PM, minirth said:

Makes sense -- Days has a weird history of striking gold with minor teen characters and then discarding them instead of developing them.  Remember that gal that JJ brought to town to pose as his girlfriend?  She was smart and funny, so of course we didn't keep her around.

Roxanne I loved her and honestly I wish they brought her back to be a real love interest for JJ instead of this Haley chick. They had chemistry and she also knew Jack/Jennifer/Eve so she would've been a far better fit for this storyline. We would be spared this lame immigration crap.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Ciara's real father is Patrick Lockhart because at the time she was conceived Bo was no where around.  Must have conceived by e mail if Bo is her father.

I hated Patrick. The retcon had Bo officially named as the father, mime or not. And really, I'm fine with it. Lockhart genes should never reproduce.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The mime was the Zack conception.

Ciara was an off screen ONS between Bo/Hope 

I liked Patrick even Hope/Patrick wouldn't have been opposed to them sharing a child especially if I had to be subjected to Chelsea being a resurrected stillborn who mowed Zach down......

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The mime was the Zack conception.

Ciara was an off screen ONS between Bo/Hope 

I liked Patrick even Hope/Patrick wouldn't have been opposed to them sharing a child especially if I had to be subjected to Chelsea being a resurrected stillborn who mowed Zach down......

Do NOT get me started on Swamp Thing, the same Swamp Thing Schemer Billie carried in a SUITCASE. The kid was DEAD! So I deny Chelsea to this day. As far as I am concerned, she is a con or an unknowing dupe with a brain chip or some garbage.

And my bad, confusing Ciara and Zack's conceptions. That said, I don't care how Ciara was Bo's, just that she was. I think Reilly was still writing then - or Langan - and anything to stick it to them and their agenda, the better.

• Love 4
On 4/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Do NOT get me started on Swamp Thing, the same Swamp Thing Schemer Billie carried in a SUITCASE. The kid was DEAD! So I deny Chelsea to this day. As far as I am concerned, she is a con or an unknowing dupe with a brain chip or some garbage.

Yeah I feel the same way about the whole Summer storyline. Aside from Theresa wanting to scalp her when baby Tate went missing, it was a total dud. I like to pretend she doesn't exist.

I thought Rex would get the same treatment, honestly. What a mega weird conception his was....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

You are not alone. That Gabi would essentially whore herself to get DiMera (as if she could actually run the whole thing, pffft) while knowing this guy wanted to take a hot poker to her eye just makes me sick. When Abigail could have testified against her, she was all about Ari. What not focus on her kid now? Leave Stefan to his own devices. Start up another company. Gabi Chic is dumb name anyhow.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Hate Gabi and Stefan and think people want her with him as punishment for what she did to the woman who helped frame her for prison.

For me its that I think its something different for her and I don't want her paired with anyone I like.  

I think Gabi is a moron for having sex with a dude that set her up for murder but hey her life.....

• Love 1

I like Gabi & Stefan too- they are hot together & I honestly want to see where it goes.  And I actually dont mind if Gabi blames Gabigail for everything (but that's just because I loathe the "princess") & not Stefan 

Am not a fan of Ben & Ciara because I cant get past he's a serial killer & they are trying to turn him into a hero. 

Edited by Princess Consuela
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Stefan did get Gabi a prison sentence and a beating, but he is still one up on Ben since - as far as we are aware - Stefan isn't a serial killer, so...if Gabi can look past her prison sentence to sex Stefan up, who am I to judge? 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, Princess Consuela said:

I like Gabi & Stefan too- they are hot together & I honestly want to see where it goes.  And I actually dont mind if Gabi blames Gabigail for everything (but that's just because I loathe the "princess") & not Stefan 

Am not a fan of Ben & Ciara because I cant get past he's a serial killer & they are trying to turn him into a hero. 

I can not get past the fact that Stefan framed Gabi for prison all for the love of Abigail and she almost died while she was there.  Gabi may over it enough to hump him but I won;t ever over it.

I think Gabi is no more than angst for RC beloved couple Chloe and Stefan.

At least Ben never framed Ciara for prison with her almost dying because of it, but I am not a fan of Ben and Ciara either.,

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

Still going to enjoy the heck out of Stefan & Gabi & see where it goes.  I'm still always going to blame Gabigail for everything that happened because I hate her & nothing will change that.

As for Ben - he will still always be worse to me then anyone else because whether we like it or not - hes a serial killer & murdered 3 innocent people (almost 4) - that will never be okay no matter what else he does.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Princess Consuela said:

As for Ben - he will still always be worse to me then anyone else because whether we like it or not - hes a serial killer & murdered 3 innocent people (almost 4) - that will never be okay no matter what else he does.

Amen!  Ben can save Ciara as he stares soulfully at her as many times as he wants, I still can't get past the brutality of his crimes--the show did not spare us Will's horrible strangling and it doesn't matter that he was magically brought back to life, the point still stands that Ben wanted him dead because Will figured things out.

And yes, it turns out that he needed ant-serial killing pills to stop being so murderous, so I'm glad that he's taking them but that doesn't erase that he has three women's blood on his hands.  The show needs to stop pushing him as some kind of misunderstood hero.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I think Gabi is no more than angst for RC beloved couple Chloe and Stefan.

I don't think RC gives one solid shit about Chloe/Stefan, but yea Gabi/Stefan isn't likely to be some kind of real, long-term thing. Which is fine by me. Honestly yea, I like Gabi too much to want her otp to be a man who framed her for murder, but I'm down to watch them have hot sex for awhile before she destroys him. That's fun as hell to me!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The show needs to stop pushing him as some kind of misunderstood hero.

What other choice do they have?  They fucked up with the actor, found out too late that some fans really liked him with the character of Ciara...and apparently didn't give it much thought when they decided to reform Ben. So unless they re-write history, that's their only avenue.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:35 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think RC gives one solid shit about Chloe/Stefan, but yea Gabi/Stefan isn't likely to be some kind of real, long-term thing. Which is fine by me. Honestly yea, I like Gabi too much to want her otp to be a man who framed her for murder, but I'm down to watch them have hot sex for awhile before she destroys him. That's fun as hell to me!

I do not see Gabi destroying the dirtbag, and it will probably backfire on her.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, Princess Consuela said:

Not a fan of Ben and Ciara but at least he did not frame her for prison and a beating out of love for another woman.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not really sure how that's unpopular I think the fact he's so attractive is why so many overlook his bitchmade ways.

Just read a lot of posts about Eric being a sad sack.  Which he is and that is not usually sexy but it is with him.  JMHO or maybe I just wanted to say it 🤣

maybe a better unpopular opinion is i think this Ciara has chemistry with everyone and she is the factor in the possible super couple status of Cin. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

Just read a lot of posts about Eric being a sad sack.  Which he is and that is not usually sexy but it is with him.  JMHO or maybe I just wanted to say it 🤣

maybe a better unpopular opinion is i think this Ciara has chemistry with everyone and she is the factor in the possible super couple status of Cin. 

This I agree with I think VK could make it work with nearly anyone chem wise. If she were to leave when her contract is up next month and they keep Ben/RSW I'm curious who they would pair him with or if Ciara were to be recast if it would work the same?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Kristen is not entertaining nor necessary. 

Not so unpopular, lol. Loved Eileen's version, but since she left back when Brady rejected her, there's nothing to see but camp. 

• Love 6
On 6/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, Petunia13 said:

Kristen is not entertaining nor necessary. 

I was not a big James E Reilly fan but his version of Kristen was marvelous.  The Kristen who came back in 2012 and after was a campy mess and the writers tarnished her character for no reason. I would've preferred Peter to have been brought back in 2012 to wreak havoc on his enemies. 

• Love 5

When it comes to the Dimeras, the writers just don't know when to end it.  At different times, they got the ending they deserved, and then the writers just have to resurrect them and ruin it.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

When it comes to the Dimeras, the writers just don't know when to end it.  At different times, they got the ending they deserved, and then the writers just have to resurrect them and ruin it.

The Dimeras should've died with Stefano. That portrait of him is more menacing than any of his retcon offspring. Kristen is the only one of the current ones worthy of the mantle and she's not his blood. 

They should just use that set and repurpose it for someone else's house etc maybe two homes that way not every conversation happens in a park or HTS.

• Love 7
On 6/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I was not a big James E Reilly fan but his version of Kristen was marvelous.  The Kristen who came back in 2012 and after was a campy mess and the writers tarnished her character for no reason. I would've preferred Peter to have been brought back in 2012 to wreak havoc on his enemies. 

While I agree the 2012 version of Kristen wasn't as good as the 90s version, it was worth it just to see Eileen come back to strut her stuff with a new generation of characters and with the vets. And some of the writing was pretty good. Watching her get torn up about using Brady while being tempted by John were some of the highlights. The Eric rape is where things went south. I also liked seeing Theresa get in way over her head with Kristen. But then I also wanted Jennifer Lily to get better material so putting her against someone as powerful as Kristen was right up my alley.

As much as I hate to say it, I doubt we'll ever see Peter Blake again. Missy Reeves it's just too much of a part of the family of the show. They won't make her uncomfortable even by recasting the character. Though I agree with you, he definitely deserves another strong storyline. I would have much rather had him around than Stefan, but then again they probably would have turned Peter into a rapist too *eyeroll*

As campy as it was starting to get during Eileen's last run as Kristen, I think we're getting the worst of it now so I'm glad she's not back to have to play all of this mess with a mask.

• Love 5

Yeah after the rape of Eric, Kristen should've been killed off for good we would've been spared the Tate mess. She wasn't coming back from that... well shouldn't at least. Course I think Eric should've never been a priest to begin with. I think he should've followed his mother's footsteps and become a shrink and come on as a therapist for Nicole after she lost her kid but was conflicted over it given past history and growing feelings for her. I felt making him a priest neutered the character.

While I like the idea of Victor sharing a grandchild with Shane/Kim it was much too soon for Theresa to be stuck with a kid(although she's offscreen so its easier to accept now).

• Love 3

Theresa/Jen Lilley is another actress and character the writers did not do justice to.

I think Andre should have stayed dead in 2007, Stefano should have stayed in a coma in 2007 (courtesy of Marlena), and Kristen should have stayed gone.  Tony should be alive.

• Love 3
(edited)

JL/Theresa wasn't a lifer so honestly I don't see it as much of a lost opportunity. I think taming her as quickly as she did was a bad idea though. She could've done the vixen role her entire stint on the show instead of giving her a kid and try to make her some sort of heroine glossing over all the crap she did. 

She was better suited as an unapologetic bitch.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

JL/Theresa wasn't a lifer so honestly I don't see it as much of a lost opportunity. I think taming her as quickly as she did was a bad idea though. She could've done the vixen role her entire stint on the show instead of giving her a kid and try to make her some sort of heroine glossing over all the crap she did. 

She was better suited as an unapologetic bitch.

She was better with JJ as frenemies than she was with Brady.  But then, Casey Moss has chemistry with everybody he works with.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She was better with JJ as frenemies than she was with Brady.  But then, Casey Moss has chemistry with everybody he works with.

Well not with Lani. Or the actress playing Haley.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well not with Lani. Or the actress playing Haley.

Well, I can say with complete certainty that he has chemistry with ME.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't mind JJ/Theresa as frenemies but people wanting them as a legit couple I never really understood.  JJ despite being a decade younger was more mature than she was. Plus he's an inherently decent person something Theresa isn't. It would be a low rent version of Lucas/Sami he would never truly accept her being terrible to him if they were ever a couple but as friends he doesn't really care what she does to other people. That and Theresa never saw him that way she would never love him back that dumb bitch doesn't even love herself let alone anyone else.

She would be forever fixated on Brady or someone else with money.

That being said this isn't something I worry about actually happening for one thing JL isn't returning full time. The show would probably end before it got to that point and if you believe JL she put a stop to a JJ/Theresa pairing in the first place years ago so that works to my benefit.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Theresa never should have been focused on money in the first place.  Her father had more money than the Dimeras or Kiriakiases.

Plus, Theresa lived at the Dimera mansion as a child with her brother Andrew when it was called Donovan Manor. She also spent time at the Donovan estate in England where her uncle Bo married Hope in a church that was in the estate. Her father is also of British aristocracy, so she comes from old money. Theresa's characterization was a mess because they wanted her to be a Sami clone. All the show had to say was that Shane cut her off from her money for being irresponsible.  She could have been a spoiled princess who always got her way with her permissive mother.  I will never buy that Kim and Shane were bad parents.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, Theresa lived at the Dimera mansion as a child with her brother Andrew when it was called Donovan Manor. She also spent time at the Donovan estate in England where her uncle Bo married Hope in a church that was in the estate. Her father is also of British aristocracy, so she comes from old money. Theresa's characterization was a mess because they wanted her to be a Sami clone. All the show had to say was that Shane cut her off from her money for being irresponsible.  She could have been a spoiled princess who always got her way with her permissive mother.  I will never buy that Kim and Shane were bad parents.

This wasn't so hard to write she was a pathetic imitation of Sami as much as I hated her I at least got why Sami turned out the way she did. Theresa OTOH just showed up as a raging bitch from Day 1 with no real reason as to why. JJ showed up around the same time and I at least got his resentment towards Jennifer/Abby they ditched him after Jack "died".

Its also ridiculous that Shane wouldn't pay for Paige to go to Stanford I get him not wanting to give Eve money but his granddaughter? One who Shane would actually be proud of I don't think so.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This wasn't so hard to write she was a pathetic imitation of Sami as much as I hated her I at least got why Sami turned out the way she did. Theresa OTOH just showed up as a raging bitch from Day 1 with no real reason as to why. JJ showed up around the same time and I at least got his resentment towards Jennifer/Abby they ditched him after Jack "died".

Its also ridiculous that Shane wouldn't pay for Paige to go to Stanford I get him not wanting to give Eve money but his granddaughter? One who Shane would actually be proud of I don't think so.

So true when it comes to Paige. However, Shane would have provided for Eve because he always felt guilty that Eve grew up without him as a dad.  Eve being desperate for money and having to fight Jennifer for the income stemming from Jack's book never made any sense.  Eve and Jennifer never hated each other back in the day.  Eve called her out for playing games with Frankie and Jack.  Back then, heroines were allowed to be called out without the person doing the calling out being portrayed as an evil bitch.  Heroines were allowed to be flawed good people and not self-righteous saints who looked down on others.

• Love 5

Very true, @Apprentice79 -- plus, there's very little of KDP's Eve that's reminiscent of Charlotte's Eve. I loved the character back then, even with her flaws. I guess that's your point, lol -- most characters were flawed and the show gave them plenty of room to be human, not 2-dimensional props for whatever baloney the show is trying to sell us. I don't even think of Eve as that old character anymore -- KDP is good, and she now owns Eve. It's just too bad I find the old Eve far more appealing. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I have a few UO:

Dreaded Nicole coming back and her constant weepy state and it started again right away and I ff her first weeks back cuz I just couldnt with her crying anymore.  Although it has been a pleasant surprise the twist the story took and I will admit I am liking the Kristen-as-Nic.  Now that she isnt crying in every scene I am actually watching her and enjoying it.  Can we keep her this way please?

My second dreaded return...and I know this is a Huge UO...is Sami.  I just cannot with her anymore.  Its the same shit every freakin time she is back....its all about her and what she wants.  She started as soon as she got there today with her "I'm gonna light a fire under Kayla" and then storming out at the end to "do something".  Whatever you selfish entitled bitch.  I hope this stay is a short one and she is gone soon.

As far as pairings....my UO are that I like JJ/Haley (I think she is a pretty good actress), I like Ben/Ciara.  Unlike others I can handwave the whole serial killer thing....I mean he was with Abby for God's sake...that would drive anyone insane enuf to kill....just watching her on my screen (especially KM version) makes me wanna stab something!!

Oh....and Ioved Eric with Jen.  If Jack wasnt back I would want them to still be together.

I don't get the Xander love.....the slicked back hair and widows peak....I think he looks like Dracula!

Edited by Cupcake04
ETA...knew I forgot something!
  • Love 2
(edited)

@Cupcake04 I liked Eric with Jen also.  It was nice to see him smile. 

My UO is that Abby wasn’t that bad of a character.  Gabi vs Abby had some fun moments. 

My big UO is that I always liked Claire.  Thing is the character wasn’t embraced by fans of the show. The same fans who forgive Ben could not forgive Claire for fixing the stupid contest. 

Although claire reactions are way off Ciara did do some crappy things. 

It just seems certain characters are forgiven and others pay for their crimes forever. 

Teresa hasn’t been on the show for quite some time yet people still can’t forgive her for knocking some sense into John. 

Ben killed four people and fans love him. 

Eves daughter was murdered yet this story is going to make her that bad guy.  Some times I just don’t get this show and feel  alone in my opinions. 

End of my novel  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5