Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

My top 10 UOs:

1) I’m tired of Maggie stealing Marlena’s family. Makes me hate Maggie.

2) I liked Eric with both Jennifer and Sarah. Weepy Nicole irritates the hell out of me, and I hope she stays gone.

3) Eileen Davidson will be the only Kristen to me, but I’m glad she’s not around for this storyline. They are making Kristen too one-note.

4) Theresa is obnoxious. I’m glad she’s gone. I never bought her as a heroine and  Jen Lilley annoys the hell out of me. Her nasily voice is like nails on chalkboard.

5) Sami is overrated. 

6) I like Claire better than Ciara.

7) Ben should have stayed gone. I don’t buy him as some redeemed hero.

😎 Belle was better with Philip than Shawn.

9) John’s silver hair really ages him

10) I’m enjoying Jack with his amnesia and have no interest in him getting his memory back, especially if it makes him Jennifer’s lap dog. I prefer Jack with an edge.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I have a few UO:

Dreaded Nicole coming back and her constant weepy state and it started again right away and I ff her first weeks back cuz I just couldnt with her crying anymore.  Although it has been a pleasant surprise the twist the story took and I will admit I am liking the Kristen-as-Nic.  Now that she isnt crying in every scene I am actually watching her and enjoying it.  Can we keep her this way please?

My second dreaded return...and I know this is a Huge UO...is Sami.  I just cannot with her anymore.  Its the same shit every freakin time she is back....its all about her and what she wants.  She started as soon as she got there today with her "I'm gonna light a fire under Kayla" and then storming out at the end to "do something".  Whatever you selfish entitled bitch.  I hope this stay is a short one and she is gone soon.

As far as pairings....my UO are that I like JJ/Haley (I think she is a pretty good actress), I like Ben/Ciara.  Unlike others I can handwave the whole serial killer thing....I mean he was with Abby for God's sake...that would drive anyone insane enuf to kill....just watching her on my screen (especially KM version) makes me wanna stab something!!

Oh....and Ioved Eric with Jen.  If Jack wasnt back I would want them to still be together.

I don't get the Xander love.....the slicked back hair and widows peak....I think he looks like Dracula!

I agree w/ 1 and 2 I like Xander because he has decent one liners and is unapologetically bad I know it won't last but I'll enjoy it while I can.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

@Cupcake04 I liked Eric with Jen also.  It was nice to see him smile. 

My UO is that Abby wasn’t that bad of a character.  Gabi vs Abby had some fun moments. 

My big UO is that I always liked Claire.  Thing is the character wasn’t embraced by fans of the show. The same fans who forgive Ben could not forgive Claire for fixing the stupid contest. 

Although claire reactions are way off Ciara did do some crappy things. 

It just seems certain characters are forgiven and others pay for their crimes forever. 

Teresa hasn’t been on the show for quite some time yet people still can’t forgive her for knocking some sense into John. 

Ben killed four people and fans love him. 

Eves daughter was murdered yet this story is going to make her that bad guy.  Some times I just don’t get this show and feel  alone in my opinions. 

End of my novel  

I always liked Claire I haven't cared about Ciara since she was a demon child.  That being said its all about personal preference I mean there are many who love Theresa and I clearly don't. For me its that she's an obnoxious bitch for no reason. If there was a decent back story as to why I might've liked her or not.  Or even showed real remorse for things she's done but yeah that wasn't there either with her. At least with Claire we see her isolated from people and kind of see how she got to this point(although some of it is rather contrived but I digress).

I preferred Ben as a sociopath I have no use for him now. I didn't even hate Ben before he went nuts but the overkill way they are trying to sanitize him and make Eve, the mother of one of his victims a bad person over it is driving me to hate him now. Course if Ben weren't conventionally attractive I don't think many people would fanwank as much about how he's changed.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

My top 10 UOs:

1) I’m tired of Maggie stealing Marlena’s family. Makes me hate Maggie.

2) I liked Eric with both Jennifer and Sarah. Weepy Nicole irritates the hell out of me, and I hope she stays gone.

3) Eileen Davidson will be the only Kristen to me, but I’m glad she’s not around for this storyline. They are making Kristen too one-note.

4) Theresa is obnoxious. I’m glad she’s gone. I never bought her as a heroine and  Jen Lilley annoys the hell out of me. Her nasily voice is like nails on chalkboard.

5) Sami is overrated. 

6) I like Claire better than Ciara.

7) Ben should have stayed gone. I don’t buy him as some redeemed hero.

😎 Belle was better with Philip than Shawn.

9) John’s silver hair really ages him

10) I’m enjoying Jack with his amnesia and have no interest in him getting his memory back, especially if it makes him Jennifer’s lap dog. I prefer Jack with an edge.

1) I hate Maggie acting all shocked about Victor being terrible more than anything. 

2) I like Nicole but not the weepy version of her

3)-9) ICAM

10) I don't hate Jack with amnesia either and prefer he keeps his edge but I just don't like how this story is more about Eve and her quest for revenge and he's just a supporting player.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Here’s a big unpopular opinion 

i like Maggie’s hair 

Me too!  U must be an 80's girl too!  I like big full hair and cant stand the straight parted down the middle too long extensions.  I loved Kayla and Hope hair back i n the day.  Hope wore french braid a lot and Kayla wore banana clips.  I have a drawer full of banana clips all ready for when they make a come back. Ah...the 80's...l

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't see why Ciara should be sympathetic to Claire just because of her mental health struggles. Ciara could have died. For me Claire and Ben aren't all that different. I'm with everyone else who is annoyed that the writers destroyed the character who is the daughter of Shawn and Belle, but it is what it is. 

Ditto finding Sami overrated. The character is always shrinking about something. I find her personality quite annoying. The only reason I don't completely hate the character is because I grew up watching her, and I do think Alison Sweeney is talented. I just want Sami dialed back with the ranting and raving.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
On 6/28/2019 at 9:06 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't see why Ciara should be sympathetic to Claire just because of her mental health struggles. Ciara could have died. For me Claire and Ben aren't all that different. I'm with everyone else who is annoyed that the writers destroyed the character who is the daughter of Shawn and Belle, but it is what it is. 

JMHO I wouldn’t have a problem with Ciara if she showed any concern empathy for the families that Ben has hurt.  It makes her look like she is only upset with who hurts her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Instead of killing Will ,it would have been better if Ben Westen killed Roman Brady . 

Afterall ,its not like TIIC have ever given Josh's Roman leading man status and leading storylines . 

Infact ,this was one of the most pointless recasts in the history of the show. 

With Wayne Northrop now retired ,they simply should have killed off roman during the necktie murders . 

Roman ,being the police commisioner could have been conducting his own investigations into the necktie killings and eventually discovered who is the killer and then Ben attacks him at the police station or the park next to Horton Square and actually kills Roman. 

Better than watching Roman go from Captain America during the 1980s to a complete loser who marries vile women like Kate and having one night stands with Nicole (his son's ex girlfriend and daughters enemy) and that blonde floozy he took as a his date to Aiden's fundraising party .

A loser who sits at the bar counter watching John and Marlena makeout. 

Perhaps Ken Corday harbours some sort of hatred for the character . 

Yes ,that means Roman and Bo would be dead the sane year but IMO that would have been better since it was going to cause drama with House Brady losing both Bo and Roman . 

Yes ,that means John would become the defacto patriach of House Brady since Caroline and Shawn made it clear that even though John turned out not to be Roman afterall ,he ie still their son . 

John would then look after the Brady legacy kids . 

Then a month later Josh Taylor would return as Chris Kositchek . 

In order to distinguish Josh's faux Roman and Chris , Chris would have his hair shaved abit and a beard. 

Just like when Judi Evans was playing Bonnie Lockhart during the early 2000s and then when it was tine to reprise the role of Adrienne in 2007 ,she simply dyed her hair brown . 

Lets not forget that Chris is a close friend of the Brady's.  He was BFF's with Marlena and Roman plus he helped Caroline get custody of Max and Frankie . 

He could easily return to sorta help out the Bradys while they mourn Bo and Roman.  

Plus its a win win situation for Roman fans and Ken Corday. 

Ken's buddy stays on the show ,and the character of Roman no longer endures being belittled by the writers.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 7

I wish that scenario took place Roman has been irrelevant since WN left the role. Besides Steve/Kayla could've taken over the Brady family if Bo isn't coming back. I mean who says that the Brady's couldn't be run by a woman. 

I mean the Hortons have been led by a woman for decades while the men were supporting players.

• Love 5

Thank God it was Catherine Mary Stewart playing Kayla at the time, but I recall reading in SOD at one point that Chris Kositchek and Kayla were an item and fairly serious.

If it were Mary Beth Evans' Kayla, it would just be too oogy right about now with Kayla and Roman since her character, anyway, got it on with Josh Taylor's prior character.

And this is why I hate former actors returning in different roles.

• Love 6
(edited)

I didn't mind the idea of Kyle Lowder coming back as Rex until they turned the character into an airhead booksmart serial cheater who cheated with his gf's sister and then made a baby with a former fiance years later.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I didn't mind the idea of Kyle Lowder coming back as Rex until they turned the character into an airhead booksmart serial cheater who cheated with his gf's sister and then made a baby with a former fiance years later.

Exactly. Rex was depicted as an intelligent man with a high IQ during his first stint . 

He even conducted his own DNA test on himself when he found out that Roman was his biological father. 

On top of that ,Rex even invented a machine which was supposed to convert rocks or coal into diamonds but it caused an earth quake in Salem . 

Rex was a horndog sure but he was very faithful to Mimi and they had more sex scenes than Bo /Hope and John/Marlena combined . 

But no Carlivati clearly has no clue about Rex's backstory and mannerisms and personality . 

He just had to turn him into an idiotic frat-boy who screws anything that moves which does not even make sense . Okay ,Rex screwing Mimi a decade after a break up ? I could buy that since Mimi was Rex's first love and he loved her with all his heart. 

But Rex screwing Noelle Curtis and other women for the hell of it ? Crap and ridiculous !!!!

On top of that , TIIC chose to insult our intelligence by casting Lynsey Godfrey as Sarah . 

Sarah left Salem as a 17 year old back in 1991 and then she returns roughly 28 years later portrayed by an actress born in 1988. 

What utter horsesh!t 

They should have cast either Sarah Joy Brown or Melissa Archer as Sarah Horton . 

Lynsey should have been cast as Stephanie Johnson . 

• Love 4

Hmm wasn't Sarah born around 1980 or 81 prior to SORA? So I think an actress born in late 1988 play a character born in early 1980s is feasible. 

Since Salem is crowded with Bradys, bringing back Stephanie might not be a good idea in TPTBs' eyes. Because they have to bring new love interests for her as well.  

(edited)
10 hours ago, Rafael said:

Exactly. Rex was depicted as an intelligent man with a high IQ during his first stint . 

He even conducted his own DNA test on himself when he found out that Roman was his biological father. 

On top of that ,Rex even invented a machine which was supposed to convert rocks or coal into diamonds but it caused an earth quake in Salem . 

Rex was a horndog sure but he was very faithful to Mimi and they had more sex scenes than Bo /Hope and John/Marlena combined . 

But no Carlivati clearly has no clue about Rex's backstory and mannerisms and personality . 

He just had to turn him into an idiotic frat-boy who screws anything that moves which does not even make sense . Okay ,Rex screwing Mimi a decade after a break up ? I could buy that since Mimi was Rex's first love and he loved her with all his heart. 

But Rex screwing Noelle Curtis and other women for the hell of it ? Crap and ridiculous !!!!

On top of that , TIIC chose to insult our intelligence by casting Lynsey Godfrey as Sarah . 

Sarah left Salem as a 17 year old back in 1991 and then she returns roughly 28 years later portrayed by an actress born in 1988. 

What utter horsesh!t 

They should have cast either Sarah Joy Brown or Melissa Archer as Sarah Horton . 

Lynsey should have been cast as Stephanie Johnson . 

Rafael you should write for this show. Your knowledge of the show's history with your casting ideas for characters is just amazing.. I would love to see  how you would write for Kim, Shane and their kids. I hate what the show did to Theresa and the other legacy children. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Hmm wasn't Sarah born around 1980 or 81 prior to SORA? So I think an actress born in late 1988 play a character born in early 1980s is feasible. 

Since Salem is crowded with Bradys, bringing back Stephanie might not be a good idea in TPTBs' eyes. Because they have to bring new love interests for her as well.  

She's also a Johnson so JJ wouldn't be an option either. However the rest of the Horton men would be(although there aren't many).

Sarah was born in 1981

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's also a Johnson so JJ wouldn't be an option either. However the rest of the Horton men would be(although there aren't many).

Sarah was born in 1981

But Lynsey Godfrey does not look like she is 44 years old. 

Sarah was around 17 or 18 when she left Salem in 1991 . 

The best they could have done  was to de-SORAS her abit and shift her year of birth to 1977-1978 . It would still make her the peer of Carrie,Sami,Eric etc 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Rafael said:

But Lynsey Godfrey does not look like she is 44 years old. 

Sarah was around 17 or 18 when she left Salem in 1991 . 

The best they could have done  was to de-SORAS her abit and shift her year of birth to 1977-1978 . It would still make her the peer of Carrie,Sami,Eric etc 

Meh. Look at Mike Horton. Born in the '60s yet was old enough to MARRY by the mid-'70s. Only to stay in his 30s for another two DECADES. Age on this show is now meaningless.

And don't get me started on Brady, whose actor [Eric Martsolf] is pushing 50 while he should be Abigail's peer as both were born in 1992.

Then there's EJ, who married (and raped; nope, I will never let that go) Sami Brady despite being BORN two years AFTER Sami and Lucas' son, Will.

By comparison, Sarah is at least in her original ballpark!

• Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Meh. Look at Mike Horton. Born in the '60s yet was old enough to MARRY by the mid-'70s. Only to stay in his 30s for another two DECADES. Age on this show is now meaningless.

And don't get me started on Brady, whose actor [Eric Martsolf] is pushing 50 while he should be Abigail's peer as both were born in 1992.

Then there's EJ, who married (and raped; nope, I will never let that go) Sami Brady despite being BORN two years AFTER Sami and Lucas' son, Will.

By comparison, Sarah is at least in her original ballpark!

Shawn's year of birth was re-adjusted to 1984 , just like Belle  when both characters were SORAS'd back in 1999 . 

Philip's year of birth got re-adjusted to 1985 when he got SORAS'd . 

Will was born onscreen a year after Philip was born but they didnt SORAS Will to be Belle and Shawn and Philip's peer . 

Why ? Because it would have been nonsensical for Sami , who was about 22 years old in 1999 to be the mother of an 16 year old kid .  So Will was left alone to age naturally . 

Abby could have been Shawn and Belle's peer since Abby was born onscreen atleast 2 years before Belle. Reason why Abby was not SORAS'd was because Jennifer's SORAS'd year of birth is 1970 . so if Abby was gonna be SORAS'd to be Shawn's peer , it would have meant that Jennifer was 14-15 when she gave birth to Abby . 

So Jennifer was simply not old enough to be teen Abby's mum that time since the character was 29 years old in 1999 . 

Luckily  , Victor ,Kate ,John ,Marlena ,Bo ,Hope were old enough to be parents of teenagers that time and the SORAS worked somewhat. 

TPTB were clearly careful and gave the SORASing a reasonable amount of thought in the past . But now they no longer give a care .

As for Lynsey Godfrey cast as Sarah ,it is still nonsensical .

Sarah and Carrie were BFF's growing up and I believe they were in highschool together .

Melissa Archer or Sarah Brown should have been cast as Sarah since they are peers with Allison Sweeney and Christie Clarke . 

They could have just de-SORAS'd her by 3 years atleast to make her year of birth to be 1978. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Sarah was born in 1981

On 7/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, sweetautumn said:

Well ,TIIC could have  balanced the cast abit . But they should be using the show's history for that . 

Yes ,the canvas should not be overrun with Brady's ,Hortons and DiMeras . But there are other characters throughout the show's history who got no Brady/Horton blood . 

For instance Robert Scott Wilson .

Some have suggested that he could have been cast as Andrew Donovan but I think he would have been perfect as Charlie Jannings ,Son of Pete Jannings .

Pete was Melissa Horton's ex husband . I believe Pete married a woman named Ivy Selejko for reasons i cannot remember and gave birth to Charlie in 1986.

robert Scott wilson was born in 1987 thus making him the perfect age to portray Charlie.  

see that ? A character who has no no biological relation to the core families but is firmly rooted in the show's history. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

UO: I don’t want Eric and Nicole back together, since they made her a heroine. He needs someone lively and spicey. Too bad they neutered Nicole, but they did.

I want Eric to fall in love with his Raggedy Ann dollie and have a play wedding in the forest with all of the magical creatures who must be his friends - because there isn't a normal woman IN THE WORLD who would put up with that weeping wet bag of sadz.

What a waste of handsome Show has made of Greg Vaughn.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

UO: I don’t want Eric and Nicole back together, since they made her a heroine. He needs someone lively and spicey. Too bad they neutered Nicole, but they did.

I haven't cared about Ericole in the 90s despite how the show pushes it they were never this epic love story for one Nicole tends to dump him for other men(Lucas, Daniel) and she was on screen for years going back and forth between EJ/Brady (both who were preferable to me as love interests for her than Eric) without giving Eric a second thought.

Plus its so one sided Eric is at a standstill character wise while Nicole can move on from him without a second thought everything about Eric is all about Nicole and yet they are never together. He also doesn't accept her for who she is either he loves the sanitized version of her he idealizes not the messy flawed version that yes even Brady loved he just didn't like it when he got screwed over but he never tried to "change" her beyond that.

That being said I do think GV/AZ have chemistry but not enough to want me to see this pairing ever be reality if Ericole are endgame it will be at the last possible second either when Days ends or they leave the show together whichever comes first.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I haven't cared about Ericole in the 90s despite how the show pushes it they were never this epic love story for one Nicole tends to dump him for other men(Lucas, Daniel) and she was on screen for years going back and forth between EJ/Brady (both who were preferable to me as love interests for her than Eric) without giving Eric a second thought.

Plus its so one sided Eric is at a standstill character wise while Nicole can move on from him without a second thought everything about Eric is all about Nicole and yet they are never together. He also doesn't accept her for who she is either he loves the sanitized version of her he idealizes not the messy flawed version that yes even Brady loved he just didn't like it when he got screwed over but he never tried to "change" her beyond that.

That being said I do think GV/AZ have chemistry but not enough to want me to see this pairing ever be reality if Ericole are endgame it will be at the last possible second either when Days ends or they leave the show together whichever comes first.

I also do not get why Eric is so hung up on this bedhopper. 

When she was busy sleazing it up with Colin Murphy , Victor Kiriakis ,Roman Brady and EJ DiMera  ,she never once thought about Eric or even mention him . 

Nicole even lusted after Austin and Brady (Lowder's version ) like she was in heat . Dont recall her thinking about Eric during that time. 

Its absolutely nonsensical that they expect some of us to buy into them as a loving couple. 

Eric can do better than Nicole . 

• Love 4
(edited)

Sorry Steve and Kayla fans but i think Joey's existence is pointless. 

Was it really necessary for Patch and Kayla to cap off their reunion by having a child with the both of them being in their 50s ? Absolutely not 

Infact ,its pretty clear that TIIC have no clue what to do with Joey.

When he got SORAS'd ,he was just another generic broody and moody teenager and then him teaming up with Ava Vitale to reunite Steve and Kayla after their contrieved break up also didnt work either . 

There Was no difference between Joey and teen Brady and JJ. 

What is also annoying is the fact that one of Adrienne's sons is also named Joseph Kiriakis . 

Like honestly ,what was the point of Joey 's existence ? 

I think that back in 2007 ,instead of Kayla falling pregnant ,it would have been better if it was Stephanie falling pregnant with Jeremy Horton's son . 

Afterall we all saw Stephanie going from a race car driver and edgy rebel to a fl00zy wearing mini skirts and dancing on tables and climbing through the sunroof and basically being a fratgirl . 

Infact she even bragged to Chelsea that losing her virginity to Jeremy Horton was like giving away her clothes to charity . 

Thats how wild she became when Shelley Hennig took over the role from the previous actress. 

Plus its blatantly obvious she and Jeremy were not using protection since they were seen doing the nasty next to the lake and inside a shower and jacuzzi . i doubt protection works there so if they dont use it in that setting ,they probably use dont use it in the bedroom .

It Would have been poetic justice for her to fall pregnant as a result of the contrieved wild lifestyle she adopted under Hogan Sheffer's writing . 

Plus for dramatic effect ,Stephanie would discover her pregnancy while Jeremy flees Salem as a result of "Touch the Sky " fiasco . 

Stephanie would then be forced to be a single mum . plus i think her pregnancy could have caused abit of friction between the Brady's and Horton's . 

Perhaps Julie ,the legendary Horton  harpy would start the friction by slamming Stephanie for not taking the initiative to use  protection or birth control pills and for being loose and then Steve steps in and slams Jeremy for thinking with his crown jewels and  and boom , we got ourself a mini feud between the Hortons and Kayla with Maggie and Caroline trying to keep the peace. 

I can totally see Steve and Julie bickering . 

It would have been a good lesson to all the young women out there living a reckless lifestyle and it could hsve actually been a decent character development for Stephanie . 

Perhaps we could have seen her struggling to raise her son with Kayla and Steve's support. 

Plus with Chelsea and Abby heading to varsity ,Stephanie will be stuck in Salem being a single mum with Jeremy nowhere to be seen . 

Would have been sweet to see Mike Horton meet his grandson for the first time  when he returned for Alice's funeral in 2010 . 

Plus Stephanie's son could have played a meaningful role in Nathan Horton  and Stephanie's relationship. Afterall ,Nathan and Stephanie were hella generic . 

Nathan could easily bond with the boy and Stephanie would then kinda fall for Nathan and realise hel be a good dad to her son. 

Then that pesky Melanie wants Nathan too and we could have Stephanie shamelessly using her son to manipulate Melanie to back off Nathan by stating that Nathan and her son are becoming father and son and that melanie is evil for trying to take Stephanie's son's potential daddy . 

Nathan on the other hand might not reciprocate Stephanie's love for him but Stephanie wants Nathan to love her and be happy family with him and her son. 

Plus Julie would also push for Nathan being together with Stephanie because it would be better if Stephanie's son's stepdaddy was a Horton rather than a stranger . 

I think there could have been more potential there if it was Stephanie rather than Kayla who fell pregnant in 2007 . 

Edited by Rafael
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Sorry Steve and Kayla fans but i think Joey's existence is pointless. 

Was it really necessary for Patch and Kayla to cap off their reunion by have a child with the both of them being in their 50s ? Absolutely not 

Infact ,its pretty clear that TIIC have no clue what to do with Joey.

When he got SORAS'd ,he was just another generic broody and moody teenager and then him teaming up with Ava Vitale to reunite Steve and Kayla after their contrieved break up also didnt work either . 

There Was no difference between Joey and teen Brady and JJ. 

What is also annoying is the fact that one of Adrienne's sons is also named Joseph Kiriakis . 

Like honestly ,what was the point of Joey 's existence ? 

I think that back in 2007 ,instead of Kayla falling pregnant ,it would have been better if it was Stephanie falling pregnant with Jeremy Horton's son . 

Afterall we all saw Stephanie going from a race car driver and edgy rebel to a fl00zy wearing mini skirts and dancing on tables and climbing through the sunroof and basically being a fratgirl . 

Infact she even bragged to Chelsea that losing her virginity to Jeremy Horton was like giving away her clothes to charity . 

Thats how wild she became when Shelley Hennig took over the role from the previous actress. 

Plus its blatantly obvious she and Jeremy were not using protection since they were seen doing the nasty next to the lake and inside a shower and jacuzzi . i doubt protection works there so if they dont use it in that setting ,they probably use dont use it in the bedroom .

It Would have been poetic justice for her to fall pregnant as a result of the contrieved wild lifestyle she adopted under Hogan Sheffer's writing . 

Plus for dramatic effect ,Stephanie would discover her pregnancy while Jeremy flees Salem as a result of "Touch the Sky " fiasco . 

Stephanie would then be forced to be a single mum . plus i think her pregnancy could have caused abit of friction between the Brady's and Horton's . 

Perhaps Julie ,the legendary Horton  harpy would start the friction by slamming Stephanie for not taking the initiative to use  protection or birth control pills and for being loose and then Steve steps in and slams Jeremy for thinking with his crown jewels and  and boom , we got ourself a mini feud between the Hortons and Kayla with Maggie and Caroline trying to keep the peace. 

It would have been a good lesson to all the young women out there living a reckless lifestyle and it could hsve actually been a decent character development for Stephanie . 

Perhaps we could have seen her struggling to raise her son with Kayla and Steve's support. 

Plus with Chelsea and Abby heading to varsity ,Stephanie will be stuck in Salem being a single mum with Jeremy nowhere to be seen . 

Would have been sweet to see Mike Horton meet his grandson for the first time  when he returned for Alice's funeral in 2010 . 

Plus Stephanie's son could have played a meaningful role in Nathan Horton  and Stephanie's relationship. Afterall ,Nathan and Stephanie were hella generic . 

Nathan could easily bond with the boy and Stephanie would then kinda fall for Nathan and realise hel be a good dad to her son. 

Then that pesky Melanie wants Nathan too and we could have Stephanie shamelessly using her son to manipulate Melanie to back off Nathan by stating that Nathan and her son are becoming father and son and that melanie is evil for trying to take Stephanie's son's potential daddy . 

Nathan on the other hand might not reciprocate Stephanie's love for him but Stephanie wants Nathan to love her and be hapoy family with him and her son. 

Plus Julie would also push for Nathan being together with Stephanie because it would be better if Stephanie's son's stepdaddy was a Horton rather than a stranger . 

I think there could have been more potential there is it was Stephanie rather than Kayla who fell pregnant in 2007 . 

I like your ideas. Stephen Nicholls was against Joey being created. He thought that Steve and Kayla should have adopted Philip's son, who they called pocket given the history between the Bradys and Victor. I also hated that they changed Stefanie who was a unique character in her own into a generic heroine after Shelley took over the role.  Ginger Stefanie was amazing and I liked her chemistry with EJ. EJ should have been enchanted with her and not Sami. Sami wanting to be with a Dimera was always out of character for me. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Rafael said:

When she was busy sleazing it up with Colin Murphy , Victor Kiriakis ,Roman Brady and EJ DiMera  ,she never once thought about Eric or even mention him . 

Nicole even lusted after Austin and Brady (Lowder's version ) like she was in heat . Dont recall her thinking about Eric during that time. 

Its absolutely nonsensical that they expect some of us to buy into them as a loving couple. 

In the 90s it made more sense I do think Nicole cared for Eric and didn't want him to know about her past in porn that was all understandable to me. However Eric/Nicole now writing wise don't make sense to me at all.

I do think GV/AZ have chemistry and GV sells being passionate about Nicole I don't really get that with AZ though. 

However the way Eric fans go at me when I bring up that their love story is overblown and the show doesn't care about Eric beyond Nicole is something else and yet look at how Eric is at the moment. Their story isn't even about them its about Kristen trying to snag Brady.

This show won't do Eric/Nicole long term they have no story (not because it isn't possible to write one but these writers don't care about writing couples dealing with obstacles together).

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I like your ideas. Stephen Nicholls was against Joey being created. He thought that Steve and Kayla should have adopted Philip's son, who they called pocket given the history between the Bradys and Victor. I also hated that they changed Stefanie who was a unique character in her own into a generic heroine after Shelley took over the role.  Ginger Stefanie was amazing and I liked her chemistry with EJ. EJ should have been enchanted with her and not Sami. Sami wanting to be with a Dimera was always out of character for me. 

Plus Shayna Rose's version of Stephanie was sorta unique in the soapie world. 

A young lady ,who is a race car driver and a car fanatic . Plus that Stephanie ,who no doubt hung out with her male teammates also sounded like one of the boys and she didnt look like your prototype soapie actress. 

Plus her interactions with fellow race car drivers like EJ and Max felt organic as well . 

I think ultimately ,the producers got rid of Shayna Rose because she didnt have that prototype look required of a soapie actress .

It explains why they hired Shelley Hennig ,who did not even look like Steve and Kayla's daughter at all ,a former model . 

It also explains why she was behaving like Paris Hilton and wearing skimpy mini skirts and so on  and her race car career was never ever mentioned again . it explains why the Stephanie character was a bust and didnt do anything memorable when portrayed by Shelley . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

I liked SH as Stephanie but I think SR's version was original(but on today's soap that's not allowed) as an individual.

That being said I did find SH's Stephanie and Phillip great together and really found it a total waste they got paired after Steve/Kayla left the show. Steve/Kayla's daughter involved with Victor's son should've spawned a ton of stories.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dr Colin Murphy was underrated . 

Way  better than Daniel "G0d " Jonas . 

Would have rather had Colin on the canvas than Daniel !! 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2019 at 11:22 AM, Rafael said:

I’ll admit I kind of like them together for the nostalgia. I remember them when they were young and innocent with Jensen Ackles.

Nicole has certainly been around the block. I remember suddenly realizing wow she’s been with Victor, his grandson Brady, his step son Daniel, his best friend Eric, Eric’s former bro in law EJ, it’s a lot...

Roman must have happened when I wasn’t watching...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’ll admit I kind of like them together for the nostalgia. I remember them when they were young and innocent with Jensen Ackles.

Nicole has certainly been around the block. I remember suddenly realizing wow she’s been with Victor, his grandson Brady, his step son Daniel, his best friend Eric, Eric’s former bro in law EJ, it’s a lot...

Roman must have happened when I wasn’t watching...

It was a throw away scene on Nicole's way out of town it was Roman opening his hotel room door and Nicole comes in with Champagne and not much else and well we pretty much assume that's what happened afterwards. It was never referenced again.

I could be misremembering this.

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

Kyle Lowder can't act. At all. I never saw his Brady, but Rex is a blank page, but still dumber than dirt.

I didn't like his Brady. Eric Martsolf got me to actually like Brady.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I never thought Ben was a good guy. He was possessive controlling with scary anger issues. there’s also  the murdering people thing.  

About a year or so ago I rewatched the Chabby 2.0 storyline on YT and I definitely noticed the show was setting up Ben to go off before Abby cheated on him. Having things about his past come up even had Paige and Eve say they recognized him from Florida(but that story was dropped it seemed he was hiding something about a dead body). His anger issues(although I was rooting for him to pummel Chad and Rafe at the time lol).

That being said even though I prefer Ben as a psycho I think they shouldn't have gone that far with him if they were ever intending to bring him back. When you start making serial killers etc like everyone else it kills the dramatic impact and so called moral compass of the show(although to be fair Days killed that years ago)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Having things about his past come up even had Paige and Eve say they recognized him from Florida(but that story was dropped it seemed he was hiding something about a dead body). 

I completely forgot about that.  I'd love to know what the original details of that storyline were.

• Love 3
(edited)

Paige/Eve moved around a lot (my guess is because of Eve's singing career) and they knew Ben as some guy named Kevin Reynolds(probably one of the many aliases he and Jordan had when they were on the run). He worked at this diner they always went to. They both recognized him but Ben was able to talk his way out of it. Anyways they ended up dropping it shortly after and it was never mentioned again but it seemed like he was hiding something bad.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Rafael said:

Brandon Beemer is not a good actor .

Yeah ,he does look like he is Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso's son but honestly ,his acting is meh . 

Not really sure this is unpopular most talk about how pretty he is and its obvious even Days doesn't care about his version of Shawn much he wants to be on Days but the show doesn't care for his version. Jason Cook doesn't appear to care about Days anymore (for whatever reason) and only returned because of PR leaving the show for good.

That being said a lot of actors on Days aren't that great so it doesn't really bother me I find the bad writing, character development etc more glaring.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not really sure this is unpopular most talk about how pretty he is and its obvious even Days doesn't care about his version of Shawn much he wants to be on Days but the show doesn't care for his version. Jason Cook doesn't appear to care about Days anymore (for whatever reason) and only returned because of PR leaving the show for good.

That being said a lot of actors on Days aren't that great so it doesn't really bother me I find the bad writing, character development etc more glaring.

Yeah , but because of the fact that Beemer is such a weak actor , the son of Bo and Hope is treated as an after-thought . 

A character of such a super couple should be a major deal . 

I think they should get a better actor for the role like Michael Muhney . 

No to Michael Muhney, not with the rumored baggage he had elsewhere. But honestly, I don't think the show would commit to Shawn(-Douglas) no matter who plays him.

For whatever reason, the character was chained to Belle in high school (aside from a detour with Mimi) and has been there ever since. And the writers really can't seem to be bothered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No to Michael Muhney, not with the rumored baggage he had elsewhere. But honestly, I don't think the show would commit to Shawn(-Douglas) no matter who plays him.

For whatever reason, the character was chained to Belle in high school (aside from a detour with Mimi) and has been there ever since. And the writers really can't seem to be bothered.

I honestly think Belle is better off with Philip . 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Its funny Ciara has the same issue they only care about the love interest and not the actual Bo/Hope spawn.

17 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yeah , but because of the fact that Beemer is such a weak actor , the son of Bo and Hope is treated as an after-thought . 

A character of such a super couple should be a major deal . 

I think they should get a better actor for the role like Michael Muhney . 

I don't think that's why he's treated as an afterthought. He's a nice guy and those characters aren't of interest to today's soap writers if you haven't noticed messy characters get storylines, focus etc. 

Plus as someone pointed out he and Belle were predestined to each other since they were teens and the show refused to get them out of that bubble. 

• Love 3

The Dimeras should be completely removed from the show forever -- eradicated. No more Phoenix-references, no more looming portrait in Castle Dracula, no more illegitimate offspring, lookalikes, adopted crazypantses, evil twins (or … more evil twins), no more shocking (read: predictable) returns from the (recast) dead. Nada. Niente. Zip. Bubkes. No more.

Especially no more Andre/Antony.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

The Dimeras should be completely removed from the show forever -- eradicated. No more Phoenix-references, no more looming portrait in Castle Dracula, no more illegitimate offspring, lookalikes, adopted crazypantses, evil twins (or … more evil twins), no more shocking (read: predictable) returns from the (recast) dead. Nada. Niente. Zip. Bubkes. No more.

Especially no more Andre/Antony.

Its weird this show existed for decades without the Dimeras and in the early 90s not a Dimera in sight. They did just fine course they had characters who weren't just wacky villains either. I didn't mind them when they were on the outside looking in and legit scary then they became like everyone else and their mystique disappeared. The Dimeras should've died with Stefano.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2019 at 1:53 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Its weird this show existed for decades without the Dimeras and in the early 90s not a Dimera in sight. They did just fine course they had characters who weren't just wacky villains either. I didn't mind them when they were on the outside looking in and legit scary then they became like everyone else and their mystique disappeared. The Dimeras should've died with Stefano.

To be honest ,i think they do have a place on the canvas but they should be cut down to size abit. 

I wouldn't mind if  there were like two DiMeras in Salem . 

Its about time Peter Blake -DiMera returns . Would love to see Tuc Watkins play Peter. 

With Chad ,Andre and the others gone ,I would be okay if Peter stayed at the DiMera mansion as the sole DiMera in Salem . 

The show should introduce new bad guys like Orpheus's offsprings or even Annie Peters ,daughter of Julie's enemy ,Susan Martin .

Yeah ,they tried that with Clyde but I think they  wasted James Read in that  role and i think he should have been cast as Bill Horton. Bill has always been depicted as the black sheep of the Horton clan . James would have done well giving the character an edge. 

Even though i think Jessica Collins would totally rule as a recast of Eve Donovan ,she wouldnt be a bad casting choice when it comes to casting an actress to play Annie Peters. L

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Nicole being a heroine is absolutely ridiculous ! 

I remember when Nicole was accused of killing Deimos , Rafe said Nicole is not capable of commiting murder . bwahabahahahHahahahahHhahahaha.

The same Nicole who teamed up with Larry Welch to kill her husband Victor . 

The same Nicole who teamed up with Jan Spears to kill Nicole's husband Victor . 

The same Nicole attempted to kill Colin Murphy when he was blackmailing her . 

• Love 5