Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't have any sentimental attachment to Arianna, but if they do recast, could they at least cast someone that looks like the child of both Gabi and Will. Brunette with blue eyes. Blonde with brown eyes. Either one would be fine.

Genetics is funny. It has never bothered me that she favors Will in appearance and not Gabi.

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Genetics is funny. It has never bothered me that she favors Will in appearance and not Gabi.

I always thought it was a slight  homage to Sami, that her grandchild would be the spitting image of her.

My unpopular opinion:  I'm really glad Theresa's back--yes I know she's going to be lambasted for her actions regarding Chloe and Mateo, I just like seeing Jen Lilley on my screen, emoting her little heart out and making an over the top character sympathetic.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I always thought it was a slight  homage to Sami, that her grandchild would be the spitting image of her.

Same here.  Arianna being like her Grandma Sami would be a delicious irony for Will, Sami and Marlena, if the show were to last for years.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

My UO (s)

I don’t see Hope as a bad guy for not wanting her daughter to be with Ben who has killed four people.  Yes include will.   Even though it reversed he still killed him.  

Brady should have had a more difficult time choosing between Eve and Teresa.   He should have left for a while with Teresa.    His character needs a rest.  

Eve needs a better storyline.   The only time I found her interesting was her scene with Ben.   

• Love 4

I think Hope's going about it in a stupid way, but I don't have any problem with her revulsion for Ben and her unwillingness to see him with Ciara. I'm sure he'll go back to being a (boring) murdering crazypants, anyway, so Hope will eventually be proven correct. (You think she's hard to live with now? Heh.)

I agree that Kassie DePaiva is not Eve, and never will be -- but I still admire Kassie.

My really UO? Not only do I hate* Kristen and all her various doppelgängers, I don't think Eileen Davidson is some kind of genius. All Kristen ever does is screech and whine, and Davidson's acting has degraded past past even parody over the years. I'm mostly embarrassed for her.

The show needs to stop with any kind of dual role -- no more split personalities, evil twins, look-alikes, Bonnie Lockharts, etc. It's just tiresome.

(*not the fun, love-to-hate way; I mean real visceral loathing.)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Sandman said:

My really UO? Not only do I hate* Kristen and all her various doppelgängers, I don't think Eileen Davidson is some kind of genius. All Kristen ever does is screech and whine, and Davidson's acting has degraded past past even parody over the years. I'm mostly embarrassed for her.

I thought that Eileen was very good as Ashley Abbot on the Young & the Restless.  She was great as a flawed heroine with a tenuous hold on her sanity. She had the great Bill Bell writing for her. Unfortunately, Ashley has taken a hit as a character with subpar writers who did not understand Ashley and tried to make her a vixen. To be fair, it started with that awful recast after Brenda Epperson had left the role of Ashley.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

As a new Days viewer, does the actress that plays the woman who had multiple personalities and is tricked into thinking that the baby she is carrying belongs to a man other than her husband, ever smile?  She seems to only have one expression for every situation.

I usually find myself in these types of threads for any TV show I comment on,  heh, I guess I just can't help myself. 

I don't consider Chandler a very good actor. 

Watching Days consistently for the past few weeks, after so long away, has just really brought that opinion to the forefront of my mind.

From his incessant smirking, laughing when it isn't warranted, and stammering and stumbling over the simplest lines, to how, after all this time playing Will, he still seems timid and uncomfortable with intimacy with another man.

His body language so often screams straight actor having a panic attack to me. 

I don't think he is the worst overall, I place that title squarely on Freddie, who is probably one of my most disliked soap actors, and I use that term loosely, of all time.

To me Chandler is just average and he needs a strong screen partner most of the time to help him get through his scenes, which is often hit or miss regardless because of how often this cast keeps rotating.

• Love 3

I'm afraid I can't join in on your dislike of Chandler, who I find elevates his scene partners when they are weaker, and brings out a certain joy in the veterans when they work with him. Everyone keeps mentioning the smirking and him seeming ill-at-ease... but I don't really see it. If he is still acting like amnesiac Will a year from now, then I'll be back to complain.

My unpopular opinion is that, while I love Stephen, I kind of liked that his departure from the show sped up the bionic eye storyline, which had been stalling since last February I believe. And that just proves his point - that the show had put Steve so far on the back burner it was hard to even get invested in his story lines. Ironically by complaining about that very fact and getting himself fired, the story finally started to pick up.

Now, I don't think the show will do what I hope it should, which is to put Kayla on the warpath and make her into a badass...but I'm at least glad we finally saw why Stefan was bothering with the bionic eye thing in the first place. I assume he was selling the information he was getting from Steve to foreign powers?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm afraid I can't join in on your dislike of Chandler, who I find elevates his scene partners when they are weaker, and brings out a certain joy in the veterans when they work with him. Everyone keeps mentioning the smirking and him seeming ill-at-ease... but I don't really see it. If he is still acting like amnesiac Will a year from now, then I'll be back to complain.

I know very few people who agree with me about Chandler,  heh, which is why I stuck my thoughts in this thread because it is probably one of the most unpopular opinions I have about the show. 

I guess after almost 30 years of watching soaps from all over, I have seen a lot better than him and a lot more memorable. 

I did not miss him playing Will when he left and Guy took over and he doesn't seem much improved since his return. 

Funny thing is I gave him more leeway when he was younger on the show because I thought that his youth had a lot to do with his acting and that he would get better as he matured, but far as I can see that just doesn't seem to be the case.

I wish I liked him a little more so I could perhaps get into Will, I like supporting queer or gay characters on TV when I can as I myself am one, but alas.

• Love 2

I think Chandler is overrated and he is lucky that his scenes with some of the veterans makes him seem better than he actually is.

I also have found the actors playing Will to be unbearable ever since he was a small child. My least favorite of Sami's kids. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1

As do I. Especially the "straight actor having gay panic" body language part. It's 2018 - it's no longer "brave" for a straight actor to play a gay role, it hasn't been brave for some time now, and consequently I no longer feel the need to go soft on the ones who are so uncomfortable with the physical stuff.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Black Knight said:

As do I. Especially the "straight actor having gay panic" body language part. It's 2018 - it's no longer "brave" for a straight actor to play a gay role, it hasn't been brave for some time now, and consequently I no longer feel the need to go soft on the ones who are so uncomfortable with the physical stuff.

I love Chandler and his discomfort with intimacy with another guy is off-putting. You are an actor, you are supposed to play the role to the best of your ability.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Deidre Hall is one of the worst soap actress. She is awful. Its like can she can barely keep her eyes open half the time. I dont know if its the plastic surgery or what.

Thank you!  I thought she was an awful actress too and yet she seems to have a large fan base. I tried scrinching my eyes like she does but couldn't do it.  Maybe she thinks it makes her look angelic.

The actor that plays John just seems to make faces for the camera and pause for his close-up. It was strange watching their wedding. It was so awful but I couldn't turn it off.

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 11:29 PM, Black Knight said:

That is exactly how I feel as well.

It's been long enough playing the role that any hangups should have been dealt with and overcome. 

Yet still I will see Chandler freeze up and fumble and bumble in a scene and it just reads so awkwud and disingenuous.

I actually think that the worst thing that could happen for him in his return is to be paired again with Freddie because, IMO, he is even worse at getting into an intimate scene.

I will never forget how cringe worthy it was watching them try to have physical relations and it just looked like they wanted to be anywhere else, doing anything else with anyone else. 

However, I thought that Christopher Sean did an exemplary job as Paul helping Chandler become more comfortable playing Will for a while there.

I remember one of the more noticeable moments this was evident was during the scene in bed after they've made love for the first, of many, times and Christopher picked up Chandler's hand and kissed it out of the blue, and it caught Chandler by surprise but it made him blush and grin. 

To me, Chris' own comfort level and ease playing Paul was reflected in Chandler's performance and I saw a very obvious difference in his acting with Chris verses any acting I've seen him do with Freddie.

I found myself able to watch him without totally losing interest, something I never thought possible. 

• Love 4
On 9/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, neh said:

Thank you!  I thought she was an awful actress too and yet she seems to have a large fan base. I tried scrinching my eyes like she does but couldn't do it.  Maybe she thinks it makes her look angelic.

The actor that plays John just seems to make faces for the camera and pause for his close-up. It was strange watching their wedding. It was so awful but I couldn't turn it off.

I am quoting myself here.  I continued watching Days and I have to say that t the actors playing John and faux Marlena seem to have stepped up their acting.  They are much more enjoyable to watch than when they were  so sappy. So apologies to them and boo to the writers.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Somebody on Twitter said that if Deidre Hall ever leaves the show, they should replace her with the actress who plays Hattie.  :D

Joking, obviously.

That is so funny!!!! There sure is a big difference between the two.

• Love 3

I am not sure how popular or unpopular this opinion is, but since I usually go against the grain I will just comment on it here in case, heh, 

Furthermore, why does Paul have to always be glorified to the detriment of others.  In 2015,  Will was sacrificed for Paul and Paulson. Paul's contrived father/son relationship with John was propped up at the expense of John's relationships with his real sons Eric and Brady.   

As I saw it, the character Will was on borrowed time the second they recasted him instead of waiting for Chandler to come back. 

The new actor was reviled by many fans for not being the “real Will” and to me he was clearly not going to last, so they stopped caring about writing for Will longterm and basically began crafting the actor’s exit while leaving Sonny with another romantic option, I don’t think it had much to do with propping Paul at all.

They wanted Guy gone and Freddie needed another male body to cringe against since he was sticking around, Paul served that purpose but frankly it could have been anyone with a Y chromosome.

Guy was still getting the boot regardless of Paul’s arrival or connection to Sonny, and Will still was getting that edit of being a liar and cheat and relationship saboteur solely because of the backstage drama and agenda had against Guy, which to me always reeked of pettiness on the part of the show, but so it goes.

And I don’t think Paul entering the picture had anything to do with John’s bond with Eric and Brady being less highlighted or touched on, this show has always played with John’s past and his relationship with his kids, biological or other, it depends on who wants to write what when, IMO. 

Brady and Eric’s love lives have been the forefront of their storylines for years, not to mention Brady’s longstanding love /hate affair trying to win Victor’s approval and addiction issues, while Eric has faced a slew of adult complications himself, and that all came long before there ever was a Paul. 

And a big reason I think John and Paul shared so much time, at least for a while there, is because Drake really grew fond of Christopher Sean, they worked well together.

Since Paul never had much else going on, he could play spy kid with Daddy, something Brady would not have time for because of lady/addiction/dumbass issues, and the same goes for Eric. They’re grown men with their own separate lives to live, Paul was portrayed, IMO, as a young man, with barely any kind of social life, who really just wanted to be close to the father he’d never had as a child. 

Personally I have always thought Paul is the one used to prop other characters, not the other way around. 

He was used to help shape Will’s exit, then he was with Sonny for a time for his benefit until they could work out a “real Will” return, he was given to John as a son capable of going on adventures, giving Drake plenty of spy stuff to do which he has always enjoyed, and in general Paul has always just hung around, waiting to do someone a favor.

He has never given me the impression of being a fully realized character in fact. 

There’s a literature term for the sort of character I believe Paul is: a Mary Sue.

He never really was given his own role or purpose, he’s a perfectly composed prop piece, used by the show in varying ways for the benefit of more established and long lasting characters. 

I don’t mind Paul as much as I would solely because of Christopher Sean, I think he is fantastic, but the character itself is really just a fluff piece brought to life and the show never bothered to give him hardly any substance.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnswersWanted said:

Since Paul never had much else going on, he could play spy kid with Daddy, something Brady would not have time for because of lady/addiction/dumbass issues, and the same goes for Eric. They’re grown men with their own separate lives to live, Paul was portrayed, IMO, as a young man, with barely any kind of social life, who really just wanted to be close to the father he’d never had as a child. 

John and Paul could have bonded without sharing DNA.  Paul is a retcon.  Eric and Brady are his sons. There is so much history to mine between Eric and John by  giving them stories that reflected their unusual past, thanks to Stefano's machinations. The writers lack imagination and fall into what is familiar, instead of being bold and innovative.  

Paul would have been better as Peter Blake's son.  He should have also been bisexual. A man of color who is sexually fluid would be groundbreaking in my opinion.  The show could have delved into bisexuality via Paul. What does it really mean to be a male bisexual.  Women are given permission to be fluid sexually by society. Is the guy denying his homosexuality or does he really experience attraction to both sexes.  Also, It seems that the LGBT world is always White on tv and other genres.  The show could have also tackled the issues of race and ethnicity in the LGBT community.  Soaps used to be really good about tackling issues that were thought-provoking and made people uncomfortable. I remember reading about a Black woman passing as White woman on One Life to live. It caused so much controversy back in the day and the mainstream audience was exposed to that phenomenon and the reasons why some people did that to survive in a hostile world. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

They didn't have to share DNA but it's a soap, it is a very common practice to pin a new character to someone already established.

It's the easiest shortcut to relevance for a new character.

I recall the Rex and Cassie paternity fiasco for instance, I will take a Paul over a fake alien twin IVF babies DNA debacle any day. 

But Paul being a Black just does not change much in my eyes to what the other characters have or have not been written to do.

Eric has had decent interactions with alot of his family since Greg came into the role.

I cannot think of anything specific to his storylines were it would have been so much better if John, out of all the others, was a dominant presence. 

John isn't the only father Eric has on top of all that, he's had some great scenes with Roman, and of course there is Marlena, I think the show has kept Eric pretty well covered in the parental department. 

I have stated a few times on this board that Paul should have been bisexual, though I doubt they would have written that any better than him just being gay, but I don't think he had to be Peter's kid over John's or anyone else for that matter. 

Paul just got very shoddy, illprepped, dumb writing, pretty much from the beginning. 

They did not want to invest any real time or effort in him and his development.

He doesn't need different parents, the show needs better direction and writing.

I never thought there were worse things than watching Days pretending to murder off a hearty chuck of their characters and stick them all on an island,  but the past few years have greatly proven me wrong. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

They didn't have to share DNA but it's a soap, it is a very common practice to pin a new character to someone already established.

It is lazy and unimaginative. Marlena and Victor were both new characters once upon a time with ties to people on the show without sharing DNA with them. Marlena came to town to help Mickey who is a Horton on a case.  She was not his long lost sister. Victor went to high school with Shawn and Caroline. He was not a long lost Brady. Kate was introduced the same way. She was friends with Marlena in their youth.  She was not Marlena's long lost sister. Soaps now suck at introducing new characters and integrating them on the show seamlessly.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

When hasn’t Days been a canvas for the lazy and unimaginative?

They have for decades relied on some of the more tired and exhausting plots in soap land. It’s one of their trademarks. 

There are ten different ways they could have introduced Paul and it would have been a 1000% better than what has transpired the past three years.

I am not defending what the show has done with him, I think they have wasted what could have been a great, queer, POC that this mainly whitewashed show desperately needs.

But, to me, Paul’s treatment is not unique to him, this show has done the same if not worse with dozens and dozens of characters.

He’s not the exception to the rule, he is just one of its’ many failures. 

I would say a good 90% of what the show has produced this year has been lazy and unimaginative.

From the whole Stefen O bs, to this unwanted and unneeded return of Kristen, Abby becoming pregnant, Gab wanting to seek revenge in the cheesiest and cheap way possible, Eli and Lani losing a baby that never should have been, this whole fake medical nonsense with Marlena getting unplugged, the list goes on and on.  

I won’t get started on the whole mess with Paul, Will,mand Sonny because, well, I think I’ve made my opinions on that pretty clear already, heh. 

This show is running on fumes as far as I’m concerned.

I find a few things here and there to care about thanks to certain actors that I care for, but as a whole the show is sinking and fast, IMO. That’s just my two cents about the whole show in general, Ymmv. 

Spoiler

And once CS exits, I don’t think I will stick around, he really is my main reason for holding out this long. 

I like John with all his kids and grandkids.   Don’t like that the show doesn’t seem to remember that Brady is johns son.   John and Marlena did not even attend Brady’s last almost wedding and I hated that Brady wasn’t in the room when Marlena woke up. 

My biggest unpopular opinion is i think EJ should remain dead and Sami should move on  

What back stage drama was there for Guy?

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

When hasn’t Days been a canvas for the lazy and unimaginative?

They have for decades relied on some of the more tired and exhausting plots in soap land. It’s one of their trademarks. 

There are ten different ways they could have introduced Paul and it would have been a 1000% better than what has transpired the past three years.

I am not defending what the show has done with him, I think they have wasted what could have been a great, queer, POC that this mainly whitewashed show desperately needs.

But, to me, Paul’s treatment is not unique to him, this show has done the same if not worse with dozens and dozens of characters.

He’s not the exception to the rule, he is just one of its’ many failures. 

I would say a good 90% of what the show has produced this year has been lazy and unimaginative.

From the whole Stefen O bs, to this unwanted and unneeded return of Kristen, Abby becoming pregnant, Gab wanting to seek revenge in the cheesiest and cheap way possible, Eli and Lani losing a baby that never should have been, this whole fake medical nonsense with Marlena getting unplugged, the list goes on and on.  

I won’t get started on the whole mess with Paul, Will,mand Sonny because, well, I think I’ve made my opinions on that pretty clear already, heh. 

This show is running on fumes as far as I’m concerned.

I find a few things here and there to care about thanks to certain actors that I care for, but as a whole the show is sinking and fast, IMO. That’s just my two cents about the whole show in general, Ymmv. 

Reveal hidden contents

And once CS exits, I don’t think I will stick around, he really is my main reason for holding out this long. 

I agree with your assessment of the show.  I wish that the show would hire new blood who love writing for soaps who  would use innovative ideas to breathe life into a dying genre. I think that Paul would have been a great character. I think that Christopher Sean was wasted on this show. Paul should have been a dark grey character walking on the edge of being a straight up villain. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, tribeca said:

My biggest unpopular opinion is i think EJ should remain dead and Sami should move on  

I agree.

I don't want Paul to leave.  I think the character is still salvageable.

I want Gabi, aided by Sami and Kate, to get away with everything.

• Love 7

Team Gabi/Kate/Sami for the win!

And I also completely feel that Sami should have walked away from EJ back when she stole the company from him. The abrupt left hand turn they pulled to reunite those two just before he was killed off was really jarring.

I guess now my Unpopular Opinion is that I hate Ben. If the actor have been introduced and given a decent storyline back in the day, I might have found him okay. I can remember a couple of not-so-good but pretty actors on Another World back before the show ended who were given decent storylines, enough to prevent me from hating them. My problem with Ben is that he sticks his lips out and squints/blinks a lot. Sorry buddy, that is not effective acting. And anyone who immediately falls head-over-heels in love with Abigail gets a big side-eye from me.

The strange backstory with Clyde and Jordan doesn't help things either. If my sister had gone on the run with me to prevent us from getting hurt by our father to the degree that Jordan did, I would have lifelong loyalty towards her and hate Clyde with the fire of a thousand suns. Instead, the writers decided to have Ben buddy up with his Dad after a few months. No dice. The minute Jordan started to leave town, Ben should have probably left with her. After all, she's saved him his entire life. Doesn't he owe it to her to support her in her time of need too? I seem to remember Jordan leaving town because of how uneasy she was feeling over Clyde and her breakup. Where was her brother to support her? Wooing Failure? Yeah...you suck.

Now I'm supposed to like him more just because he has a scene partner of equal acting ability? He and Ciara don't look bad together in photos, but when I see the two of them acting together in scenes I find it repellent... like I'm watching the two prettiest kids in high school do drama class and I feel like I'm obligated to cheer them on just because they're the most physically "pretty". No.

Plus, Ben is a serial killer. The way they wrote it, it wasn't like he was all torn up inside about the murders. He saw it just as a means to an end, and for what prize? The hand of Failure? What a bozo.

I'm really disappointed that he's on contract while other more interesting characters can only appear sporadically (Theresa, Xander, Nicole, etc).

And I'm annoyed that people seem to be really liking him now. His story has come to a natural conclusion more than once already. Can we please just let this go?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Plus, Ben is a serial killer. The way they wrote it, it wasn't like he was all torn up inside about the murders. He saw it just as a means to an end, and for what prize? The hand of Failure? What a bozo.

I'm really disappointed that he's on contract while other more interesting characters can only appear sporadically (Theresa, Xander, Nicole, etc).

And I'm annoyed that people seem to be really liking him now. His story has come to a natural conclusion more than once already. Can we please just let this go?

I agree that the writers really screwed with this character, which makes it's obvious the actor was only meant to play a short-term throwaway character. Only problem is that the actor did such a good job, they brought him back...with an illness. I know it's hard to forget who he was because the actor played it so well, but as written, can we really hate/blame someone who has a mental illness?  Soap characters are forgiven all the time (such as rapists), and even go on to marry their victims! This is not to say that you or I must forgive, but for some of us (and this is my unpopular opinion :) we do. I look forward to seeing more of Ben (and Ciara) as he continues to grow and learns to deal with his past as well as his "recovery" while managing his illness.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Frankly, I feel like I'm predisposed to like Ben because I tend to like characters who get thrown under the bus to prop others.  Ben was for Chad and Abigail.  Gabi, Stephanie, Nick, and Nathan all were for Melanie.  To a certain extent, Kristen was for John and Marlena.  Billie, to a certain extent, was for Bo and Hope.  Aiden was for Rafe.  I get the feeling that Paul might be, too, for Will and Sonny.  So on and so on.  The list goes on.

Billie was not thrown under the bus in her original run.  If anything the writer, JER at that time wrote Bope out of character to prop Billie. Bo treated an amnesiac Hope like a nuisance.  He was never interested in her either. Bo loved Hope more than anything.. Plus, Billie left the show with her head held high, she walked away from Bo, when it was revealed that Gina was Hope.  She came back via a recast a raging entitled bitch.  Billie had the remains of her dead fetus delivered to her via the mail. Who does that? What mother is going to defile the remains of her dead daughter.

Kristen was not thrown under the bus either, once she found that letter in Aremid where John declared his undying love for Marlena, she should have walked away.  It was very telling that John was going to be executed for Tandre's death, his last thoughts were about Marlena.  

• Love 5
On 9/26/2018 at 7:59 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with your assessment of the show.  I wish that the show would hire new blood who love writing for soaps who  would use innovative ideas to breathe life into a dying genre. I think that Paul would have been a great character. I think that Christopher Sean was wasted on this show. Paul should have been a dark grey character walking on the edge of being a straight up villain. 

To me Paul just needed to be written like a real person, not even villainess but someone with spumk and fire and passion enough to not just roll over every single time he faced adversity. 

He could have been another John or Steve or Bo or Shawn, the list goes on, all they had to do was make him interesting and have an actual personality, a flawed guy with a good heart that makes questionable choices, like all hunky soap leads often do. 

After catching Christopher in other roles, playing characters with real depth, it’s actually sickening to me to think how they have wasted and continue to waste his talents.

Paul could have been a new fan favorite outside of Will and Sonny and could have been a huge game changer for a show with so few POCs, he is the only one with Asian heritage at that, and a proud queer figure to top it all off.

It’s been a huge disappointment for me to see where he has ended up instead. 

• Love 6

I'm kind of giggling right now.  I got into a discussion over the qualities of Gabi and Abigail, where I listed all of the reasons why I root for Gabi over Abigail, and was told, very vehemently, that the only reason I root for Gabi is because of her looks, like all males do. I replied that I root for Gabi because I DISlike Abby.  And then one of the moderators of the page came on and told the woman I'm arguing with to tone it down, it's just a TV show, and the woman told the monitor that she's just as annoying as a Days character.  When the monitor told the woman that she's a page monitor, the woman whined that she should have the right to free speech.  I'm hoping the woman got banned, but the monitor HAS deleted the discussion.

• Love 5

I know I'm supposed to be on the Ben/Ciara bandwagon because its classic bad boy/good girl but I just can't because I can't get past that he's a Serial Killer.   I would rather them try to redeem him without them shoving him at the first hot girl he has chemistry with.  Him hooking up with her doesn't change what he did or even remotely try to atone for it. 

• Love 9

Although I am totally team Gabi I am glad Abby is on to her.   A little afraid though that they are taking Gabe’s revenage to far     

Gabi doesn’t seem to have a lot fans outside of this board.  

• Love 4
On 9/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, neh said:

I think they may have been better in their younger days, but I think now we're supposed to love them for what they used to be or something. For me, Elizabeth Hubbard as Lucinda on ATWT is the standard-bearer for good soap acting. 

What made you tune in now, @neh? Just curious -- I can't seem to quit this show that I first loved as a young person, so I'm curious what drew you in to the show in the first place :)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

But on the flip side, everyone seems to have forgotten that when she realized what she had done, she was horrified and wanted to turn herself in immediately.  It was Chad who was totally blase about it and took his sweet time in doing so.

Abby preferred prison than getting treatment for her mental illness.

• Love 7

I think if they wanted the audience as a whole to feel sympathy for Abby, which they obviously do and which we really obviously should, they shouldn't have a) had her just keep flat out refusing to get help even if she did have suspicions that Gabi was doing it and b) have MM act all of this out so smugly. Abigail should be more worried and scared that her DID really is coming back and should want to make absolute sure it isn't. The fact that she's not and instead is just being a smug bitch and doing the stupidest thing imaginable makes it really hard to feel bad for her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
On 9/30/2018 at 12:59 AM, DisneyBoy said:

And I also completely feel that Sami should have walked away from EJ back when she stole the company from him. The abrupt left hand turn they pulled to reunite those two just before he was killed off was really jarring.

Amen! 

My UO, I'm thrilled and respect that James Scott stayed true to his word and refused to return to Days. Not that I hate the actor or anything but I hate all the zealotry the Ejami couple inspired. If I had to go through another pointless round of debate of whether it was or wasn't rape, I would vomit violently. Plus, I think JS was not so secretly sticking it to Ken Corday, which I wholeheartedly endorse. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but Leo was the best part of the dude quadrangle that was Leo/Sonny/Paul/Will so I am looking forward to his weasly AARP-youthful return. 

I don't like Hope but I am behind her 100% when it comes to Ben and Ciara. What mother wants her only daughter with a serial killer who has to be on meds the rest of his life to keep away the crazy? Not rooting for that couple at all. 

I only like Ben when he is crazy and giving Abigail the business. Otherwise, go away.

Deidre is not a great actress. Her portrayal of Hattie is forced and stilted to me but she seems to be having so much fun that I can't help but like her. 

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) should be the lead actress of Days but she is hemmed up by the comings and goings of Stephen Nichols. Days refuses to her give a life beyond being Steve's soulmate, yet Steve has been allowed to have other love interests and even a break baby with crazy. Unfair. 

Not to body shame, but Tripp does not ever need to be shirtless on this show ever again. 

I am supposed to GAF about Rex and Mimi? Because I don't. Not even a little. 

Lani is useless and should have never been brought back. I wish the show would look into bringing on Victoria Rowell or something.

I hate the Dr. Rolf death be gone formula story. It makes death a nonfactor on Days. I rolled my eyes so long and strong during the Nicole discovers doors with initials sequence that they almost tumbled onto the floor. Just stop! 

• Love 7
On 10/31/2018 at 4:30 PM, islandgal140 said:

Not that I hate the actor or anything but I hate all the zealotry the Ejami couple inspired.

Interesting point but I think the zealotry worked both ways cause there are some who have spent a lot of time publicly hating on the pairing on social media / forums  for "breaking up their ship" or constantly voicing about wanting half the pairing to be with another character than being positive about or promoting the ship they did prefer. Then again, the zealotry for - and against - them is no different than it is for many other [popular] Days pairings. And the zealotry for any Days pairing still pales to ship dramas with GH parings, IMO. 

My unpopular opinion... I am totally indifferent to Ericole. It's not on the fault of the actors but rather the writing for them. I know many love Ericole and more than a few people were mad at AZ for wanting Daniel & Nicole paired instead but I feel like writing for Ericole once GV showed up was always glacial paced & I lost rooting interest in them long before the Dancole stuff started. AZ's recent return and Eric's heartbreak over Nicole's death didn't move me at all even though the acting was strong. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

My unpopular opinion... I am totally indifferent to Ericole.

I remember years ago when they first introduced Eric.  He was trying to be some junior cop wanna-be and spent all his time trailing after Roman.  It seemed like every other line out of his mouth started with "Well, my dad says....."  I didn't like his character at all.  I actually cheered when Nicole dumped him and married Lucas for money.  

So while GV definitely brings something very different to the role I've always had a really hard time thinking of them as each other's "GREAT LOVE".  

• Love 2
On 10/31/2018 at 4:30 PM, islandgal140 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but Leo was the best part of the dude quadrangle that was Leo/Sonny/Paul/Will so I am looking forward to his weasly AARP-youthful return.

I loved Leo. I thought Greg Rickaart (sp?)  played him with a weird earnestness that I found really endearing, and I actually think he's super attractive. Is he actually coming back, or is it just speculation? I'd love for it to be true!

• Love 2
On 11/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, Chick2Chic said:

My unpopular opinion... I am totally indifferent to Ericole. It's not on the fault of the actors but rather the writing for them. I know many love Ericole and more than a few people were mad at AZ for wanting Daniel & Nicole paired instead but I feel like writing for Ericole once GV showed up was always glacial paced & I lost rooting interest in them long before the Dancole stuff started. AZ's recent return and Eric's heartbreak over Nicole's death didn't move me at all even though the acting was strong. 

I'm so happy you said this as I thought I was the only one. After Nicole burned the papers that proved Kristen raped Eric, I honestly thought that was the end of their love story. Especially since Nicole chose to be with Daniel over Eric. I don't get the great love story between the two.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm so happy you said this as I thought I was the only one. After Nicole burned the papers that proved Kristen raped Eric, I honestly thought that was the end of their love story. Especially since Nicole chose to be with Daniel over Eric. I don't get the great love story between the two.

I go back even further. I was done with Nicole when she allowed herself to be bought for $5 million dollars to marry Lucas and ended up breaking up Eric's heart. The only reason that Eric and Nicole have never been able to have a lasting relationship were for the self-serving reasons Nicole had at the time.

I don't buy that Eric was the love of Nicole's life. She cried that Brady, EJ, and Daniel were as well sometimes within the span of just two years. The best gift Nicole could have died was to give Eric a clean slate and finally have a chance to fall in love with a woman and not have Nicole somewhere in the background interfering in that relationship.

• Love 5