Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Would love to see Tuc Watkins play Peter. 

Please, no. I don't care about the Dimeras, but Watkins' performance style is too self-aware, too smirking, too close to parody. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Please, no. I don't care about the Dimeras, but Watkins' performance style is too self-aware, too smirking, too close to parody. 

I'm honestly surprised Ron hasn't thought up a role for him...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

To be honest ,i think they do have a place on the canvas but they should be cut down to size abit. 

I wouldn't mind if  there were like two DiMeras in Salem . 

Its about time Peter Blake -DiMera returns . Would love to see Tuc Watkins play Peter. 

With Chad ,Andre and the others gone ,I would be okay if Peter stayed at the DiMera mansion as the sole DiMera in Salem . 

The show should introduce new bad guys like Orpheus's offsprings or even Annie Peters ,daughter of Julie's enemy ,Susan Martin .

Yeah ,they tried that with Clyde but I think they  wasted James Read in that  role and i think he should have been cast as Bill Horton. 

Even though i think Jessica Collins would totally rule as a recast of Eve Donovan ,she wouldnt be a bad casting choice when it comes to casting an actress to play Annie Peters. 

For me its that they are so far gone from who they used to be course that could be said about other families on this show but the Bradys and Hortons weren't supposed to be bad and scary its easier to take how they are now compared to their original glory. I'm supposed to think the Dimeras are scary and they haven't been since the 80s. The mid 90s is when they started to become like everyone else in Salem. That's the problem more than the size of the family.

I would've gone for Gina T as an Eve recast if Charlotte Ross was really never coming back(and she won't).

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I think Gina T would make a good Theresa recast. I can’t stand JL. 

I'm surprised Ron never went there either considering he could get an OLTL reunion with KDP/GT but they play sisters instead of cousins.

Her and Brady would look really pretty together. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

remember when Nicole was accused of killing Deimos , Rafe said Nicole is not capable of commiting murder .

Well Rafe is a moron, so I am not surprised that he would say something that stupid.

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I think Gina T would make a good Theresa recast. I can’t stand JL. 

I have no idea how much of a difference there really is in age, but GT comes off much older than JL imo. Although, that hardly matters lol.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have no idea how much of a difference there really is in age, but GT comes off much older than JL imo. Although, that hardly matters lol.

That actually preferable. JL’s Theresa was always way too young for Brady. She and Melanie both. 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2019 at 1:53 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Its weird this show existed for decades without the Dimeras and in the early 90s not a Dimera in sight. They did just fine course they had characters who weren't just wacky villains either. I didn't mind them when they were on the outside looking in and legit scary then they became like everyone else and their mystique disappeared. The Dimeras should've died with Stefano.

On the bitterness thread ,i did point out that Orpheus's kids could have appeared . Instead of Bren Foster playing Vivian's contrieved son,Quinn Hudson ,,he could have easily been Orpheus's son... Brenn does look like he could be george del hooyo's son. Plus Bren iis roughly the same age as allison sweeny.

Heck ,sarah brown could have been cast as orpheus daughter but nooo,she had to play an unremarkable character like Madison James .

• Love 1
On 7/31/2019 at 1:53 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Its weird this show existed for decades without the Dimeras and in the early 90s not a Dimera in sight. They did just fine course they had characters who weren't just wacky villains either. I didn't mind them when they were on the outside looking in and legit scary then they became like everyone else and their mystique disappeared. The Dimeras should've died with Stefano.

Also The writers who introduced the Dimeras also wrote a backstory for the DiMeras which the subsequent writers hardly ever mentioned again .for instance when Stefano first showed in salem in 1982, Stefano and Tony mentioned there were  3 unnamed DiMera sons of Stefano's in the early '80s, and Stefano also once told Renee of a daughter named Vanessa whom he hadn't seen in years; none of these children of Stefano's were ever seen on-screen or mentioned again however.

Okay ,Peter Blake being one of those 3 sons is plausible . But who are the other 2 sons? 

It sure as hell not Benjy because Stefano and Tony made it sound like those 3 sons grew up in the same household  and were raised by Stefano .Benjy was never raised by Stefano .

Now Andre could not be one of those sons because it was stated clearly that he was Stefano's nephew . yes,Dena Higley rewrote that and made Andre to be stefano's son.

PErhaps Andre and Antony "Tony" should have been twin brothers from the beginning with Renee being a standalone character and not being a DiMera. Andre being Tony's actual twin would have gone a long way in filling gaps in Stefamo'a familial backstory .

with James Scott being Tony and Anna's son and casey deiderick/Billy Flynn playing Elvis John "EJ " Wells, son of susan and stefano.

Stefan could have  been one of the 3 other sons Tony and Stefano mentioned during the 1980s . 

But nope Carlivati ,who clearly has zero knowledge of the show's history chose to introduce Stefan with that garbage origin story of Stefan being Vivian and Stefano's secret son  which both vivian and stefamo failed to mention during the 1990s. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Stefano and Kate were lame  . 

I think Stefano ,instead of blackmailing Kate to marry him should have rather courted Julie .

Dont forget that when stefano firsst showed up in salem ,Tony held a party where he invited the citiZens of salem . when viewing footage of the party ,3 women caught Stefano's eye ; Marlena,Julie and Kayla .

Stefano thought that Marlena or Kayla would be suitable wives for Tony while Stefano gets Julie to himself . 

The show could have rekindled Stefano's fascination with Julie and have him courting her . Hahahahahahahahaha

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I wish Kayla could have another love interest. It's ridiculous that her life has to be put on the self just because Steve isn't around.

This is the drawback of SC writing when one half of the couple leaves the other one is left to flounder. I mean look at Hope now. 

Kayla is no different they just don't go out of their way to pair her with other men like they have with Hope and Jennifer through the years. The last guy she got involved with on screen was Shane and the show seems to want to ignore that pairing ever existed. They could have Kayla get her cougar on and get with a nice young lad.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is the drawback of SC writing when one half of the couple leaves the other one is left to flounder. I mean look at Hope now. 

Kayla is no different they just don't go out of their way to pair her with other men like they have with Hope and Jennifer through the years. The last guy she got involved with on screen was Shane and the show seems to want to ignore that pairing ever existed. They could have Kayla get her cougar on and get with a nice young lad.

No ,i think it is refreshing that Kayla kept her legs closed during Steve's missing years .

I dont think it is necessary or compulsory for women to bedhop for the sake of having a man.

• Love 4

I'm not against Kayla having another relationship, per se. But there is absolutely no one on canvas I'd like for her. And, honestly, for right or wrong, it seems MBE/Kayla got the brunt of the blame when the horror that was Shane/Kayla went kaplooey, so...

I'm not counting on the show trying again, even if it has been forever now since that debacle.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'm not against Kayla having another relationship, per se. But there is absolutely no one on canvas I'd like for her. And, honestly, for right or wrong, it seems MBE/Kayla got the brunt of the blame when the horror that was Shane/Kayla went kaplooey, so...

And to be fair, the love stories they've written for Jennifer and Hope outside of Jack and Bo have largely sucked.  And I disagree with CanaryFan in that I don't believe it's because of super couple writing.  While the super couple will probably always be the favorite pairing for the individuals involved in the super couple, different relationships used to be something the show could pull off. 

But yeah, there is no good current possibility for Kayla right now--although I was wondering if she should start something with Dr. Shah.

Spoiler

Maybe they go on a first date the same night her husband reappears and she dumps him because I suddenly have a fetish for seeing him left after how seriously he took two first dates with Jennifer.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And to be fair, the love stories they've written for Jennifer and Hope outside of Jack and Bo have largely sucked.  And I disagree with CanaryFan in that I don't believe it's because of super couple writing.  While the super couple will probably always be the favorite pairing for the individuals involved in the super couple, different relationships used to be something the show could pull off. 

But yeah, there is no good current possibility for Kayla right now--although I was wondering if she should start something with Dr. Shah.

Hide contents

Maybe they go on a first date the same night her husband reappears and she dumps him because I suddenly have a fetish for seeing him left after how seriously he took two first dates with Jennifer.

I always find it interesting that fans are more accepting of the men in these pairings moving on to other women but the women can't move on. I mean Bo was accepted with Carly and Billie just fine but Hope can't escape Bo, Jennifer can't escape Jack(although the show wishes she would with the amount of times they have fired MA through the years), Kayla can't get past Steve.

I mean yes they're the OTPs but sometimes there is no HEA and the show should be prepared to have them move on to others.

Marlena and Sami are the only females on this show that managed to have multiple successful pairings and aren't resented as much for moving on as Hope/Jennifer have through the years.

I do agree the writing for them sucked but Hope/Aiden had potential and that was tossed aside for Rafe. I didn't mind Peter/Jennifer but for obvious reasons that's never going to be revisited.

26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It's not bedhopping to have a relationship with someone else.  Since soaps are about romantic relationships, maybe we'd see her more and MBE deserves to be seen more. 

Especially for the many years Steve was gone before they returned in 2006. I mean I find it hard to believe Kayla never got remarried or had another kid. It would make more sense for her to have a kid and Steve try to accept him/her than the whole Tripp nonsense when Steve had amnesia.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They could always bring on someone she allegedly dated while she lived in CA.  (Isn't that where she lives after Kayla left?)

Kayla/Stephanie lived in Los Angeles where Kim wasn't too far away.

Eli and Lani are the only couple I like right now. 

I hate Ciara and Ben.  Bens history is very difficult for me to get over.  And Ciara is so unlikeable.  I find Ben more like-able than her.  Maybe it’s her preachy ways.  

Eric/Sarah too messy and it’s not going to end well 

Gabby/Stephen are ok but they are toxic 

Nicole/Kristin/Brady just gross

will and Sonny have been hit and miss with me.  I do appreciate their humor. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Eli and Lani are the only couple I like right now. 

I hate Ciara and Ben.  Bens history is very difficult for me to get over.  And Ciara is so unlikeable.  I find Ben more like-able than her.  Maybe it’s her preachy ways.  

Eric/Sarah too messy and it’s not going to end well 

Gabby/Stephen are ok but they are toxic 

Nicole/Kristin/Brady just gross

will and Sonny have been hit and miss with me.  I do appreciate their humor. 

Not really sure how these are unpopular. 

Just now, TenaciousWarrior said:

UO: I like Sarah as a character way more than weepy, whiny Nicole and think she and Eric could be a fun couple. They have chemistry, and her spunk and playfulness would balance him out. I’m not looking forward to Nicole’s return.

I don't dislike Sarah and if Nicole reverts to the weepy version of herself I'm sure I'll like Sarah more than her but I can't imagine this version of Eric fun. Its not that GV isn't capable its that the show sees Eric as this vat of misery and not much else.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

UO: I like Sarah as a character way more than weepy, whiny Nicole and think she and Eric could be a fun couple. They have chemistry, and her spunk and playfulness would balance him out. I’m not looking forward to Nicole’s return.

1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't dislike Sarah and if Nicole reverts to the weepy version of herself I'm sure I'll like Sarah more than her but I can't imagine this version of Eric fun. Its not that GV isn't capable its that the show sees Eric as this vat of misery and not much else.

I'm also not looking forward to another Nicole Weepfest!.  I'm also really not looking forward to another Eric TORTURED GuiltTrip!

• Love 4

Yet that's how its going to be I don't see this show ever putting Eric/Nicole together for the long term at least on screen. They'll do whatever it takes to keep them apart. This show doesn't write relationships all that well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not really sure how these are unpopular.

I think Eli and Lani would definitely fall into this category.  I don't think they're hated but they're pretty bland.

I like Sarah but whatever they might have had with Sarah and Eric (I didn't see much but there was more before Rex's return) I feel has petered out.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

Eli/Lani seem rather popular I think not wanting them together would be unpopular. I think Eli could stand on his own with a bit more development and a more energetic love interest. Lani? OTOH I can't stand and wish she was written out of the show however if she's going to stick around pair her with Eli so she doesn't end up with someone I like.

I agree I find them bland but I think most things about the show are bland and boring at this point.

13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eli/Lani seem rather popular I think not wanting them together would be unpopular.

They're not popular here though. 

My UO is that I much preferred TC to BB as Stefan. I think I might just be over BB in general because I wasn't much of a fan of him the last time he came back to GH either.

• Love 8
On 8/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, peachmangosteen said:

They're not popular here though. 

My UO is that I much preferred TC to BB as Stefan. I think I might just be over BB in general because I wasn't much of a fan of him the last time he came back to GH either.

You're not alone with your UO here. I really miss TC's presence. BB is okay, but he's basically a new character, without much weight.

• Love 4

Just wondering is this unpopular opinion mean unpopular here or with days fans in general?  

@peachmangosteen I miss and like TC.  He played the character with a sadness and darkness.  

BB is okay but he doesn’t seem to have the sadness to his character.  I do like his chemistry with his costars. 

• Love 5

I think its rather unpopular most people seem to love BB's version of Stefan and forget TC was in the role or at least see TC's version as a dumpster fire. Course it helps BB's version doesn't have that DID storyline to deal with and has been paired with Gabi which people seem to have taken to. 

• Love 1

I think people thought the DID story was a dumpster fire and it was associated with TC but Gabi and Stefan's popularity was starting while TC was in the role. I think this story would have been a winner with either actor in the role.

I think TC did a better job with the "I hate you but I want you" vibe.   And BB first came on with more of a "I hate you" vibe.  TC was more animalistic and I missed that when he left.  But BB is who I'd rather see shirtless.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

I don't because BB did the sex scenes etc better with CB to really sell it. I don't see TC pulling that off.

I found Stefan to be a dumpster fire of a character because that's what his entire purpose was to take advantage of a woman who was mentally ill and they didn't bother developing him beyond that. With BB's version and Chabby leaving they finally developed the character when this is what we should've had from jump (and him having a story of his own to begin with). They should've had Stefan/Gabi and Chad/Abby in separate storylines then they could've fought over Dimera Enterprises rather than this stupid DID storyline which was not only gross but a complete waste of time.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

Just wondering is this unpopular opinion mean unpopular here or with days fans in general?  

@peachmangosteen I miss and like TC.  He played the character with a sadness and darkness.  

BB is okay but he doesn’t seem to have the sadness to his character.  I do like his chemistry with his costars. 

Barash should have been cast as Max Brady .And Stefan should have been exposed as a fraud and killed off when TC left the show. Or they simply should have cast TC as Nicholas Alamain.

• Love 3
On 8/8/2019 at 2:27 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet that's how its going to be I don't see this show ever putting Eric/Nicole together for the long term at least on scrNicoleeen. They'll do whatever it takes to keep them apart. This show doesn't write relationships all that well.

Nicole should have been killed off . 

The character has run out of steam.

She should have died saving Brady and Eric during that whole warehouse saga and burned to death .

Yeah ,that sounds morbid but i think showing her charred corpse would have made it clear that she is dead.

Her death should have sparked a custody battle for Holly .

Brady /Chloe vs Maggie/Melanie  vs Xander vs Brandon /Taylor 

Team Brady /Chloe is represented by Belle 

Xander is represented by Charles Woods,Chad's former dad . 

Maggie /Melanie represented by Frankie Brady 

Brandon /Taylor are represented by Chris Kositchek 

This could have been an epic custody battle.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

Nicole should have been killed off . 

The character has run out of steam.

She should have died saving Brady and Eric during that whole warehouse saga and burned to death .

Yeah ,that sounds morbid but i think showing her charred corpse would have made it clear that she is dead.

Her death should have sparked a custody battle for Holly .

Brady /Chloe vs Maggie/Melanie  vs Xander vs Brandon /Taylor 

Team Brady /Chloe is represented by Belle 

Xander is represented by Charles Woods,Chad's former dad . 

Maggie /Melanie represented by Frankie Brady 

Brandon /Taylor are represented by Chris Kositchek 

This could have been an epic custody battle.

Even though I enjoyed Nicole through the years I agree she would've been better off dead at this point.

That being said a charred corpse doesn't mean much Jack donated his organs and he's still ticking.

However yes this could've spawned a great story rooted in years of history but that's too character driven for this show.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Rafael said:

A charred corpse is the easiest of deaths, except for ones where the body was never found, to retcon! "Gosh, if the body hadn't been burned, we would have known it wasn't really Nicole..."

But CanaryFan's right too - at this point DAYS has proven that it doesn't matter how a character is killed off, they will still resurrect the character if they want. Ron certainly is no stranger to it - I believe it was during his stint on OLTL that Gigi was killed off quite definitively, only to be brought back alive when it was retconned so that Gigi's sister Stacy, who'd been offscreen for some time, had gotten plastic surgery to make herself look identical to Gigi, and she was the one who died...

• Love 3

It's nice to see him without it though. Eric looked great when he came back as a priest, but now that he's aging the scruff helps I think...

Strangely, I think the best he ever looked was when he came back after being in prison. The extreme haircut really gave him an edge.

• Love 3

Kristin waving her gun and not shooting anyone has been like a running joke.  I was trying to work up a theory in my head about how this story was actually about how Kristin has come to a place of total powerlessness, hence the numerous scenes of her grabbing a gun, threatening death, yet doing nothing, but most of the story seems driven by plot and an opportunity for Arianne Zucker to be snarky, so I gave up on the theory.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Even after ten years, Rafe has no presence and Galen can't act.

I know Galen has his share of fans, but here I dont think you will find many disagreeing 😆God knows my Rafe hatred runs deep. It annoys me to no end we have lost some great actors and GG is still sucking the life out of the females he gets put in stories with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I know Galen has his share of fans, but here I dont think you will find many disagreeing 😆God knows my Rafe hatred runs deep. It annoys me to no end we have lost some great actors and GG is still sucking the life out of the females he gets put in stories with.

Most ladies say he is a good looking man. I just find it odd that a guy who is considered to be attractive has zero chemistry with the ladies he is paired with. 

• Love 2